May 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 718 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 719 total)

• Day 6, London, UK, NFD

Well I had an unwanted, unexpected, uninvited visitor yesterday ……………………… TOM. As a meticulous planner, I’m struggling to deal with not knowing what is happening & when it’s happening, especially when it’s my own body …………………………. There’s a deep sense of betrayal at the moment!!!! Anyway, my appetite will be less and I’ll be guzzling water to counteract any dehydration.

I’m looking forward to B2B2B this week, although there’s been talk in the office of a Thai lunch ………………. Completely irresistible, I may be swapping FDs!!

I’ve nothing special planned for the Bank holiday, as I don’t work on Mondays nor Fridays, I’m feeling a little cheated!!!

@funshipfreddie, I always think of a CD as a NFD made up of healthy choices at or below TDEE, simple. A FD is a FD as far as I’m concerned, however, the dangerous territory of the NFD can be a minefield …………………….. at TDEE but consisting of ONLY chocolate and wine; at or below TDEE and consisting of healthy filling choices (CD) or above and beyond TDEE ……………….. EFS (Epic Face Stuffing). I applaud myself & polish my halo when I have a CD since making the right choices and sticking to TDEE is actually the hardest part of this WOL!!!

I’ll try to catch-up & comment on posts later.
    Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 6: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @funshipfreddie, yes, CD is a “controlled day”.

Day 6- FD- Atlanta, Ga. USA

Day 6 UK NFD

Similar weekend @daffodil2010 ! And yes Monday’s are my usual FD but not today Will reset again tomorrow

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Nothing special planned for today’s Bank Holiday so sticking with my usual Monday FD.

Day 6. California. FD

Day 6 Melb Aust CD

Today was meant to be a FD800 but it went a bit haywire because there is still some Easter chocolate lurking in the fridge. No, I didn’t buy it or receive it before Easter, just couldn’t (well, chose not to) resist the post-Easter 75% off sale.

Tomorrow I’ll be meeting a friend for lunch, which is also hard, as I usually have most of my calories in the evening. I’m hoping to just have some scrambled eggs in toast, though, which won’t be too bad, but can’t make tomorrow a FD to replace the one I messed up today’s. Hmm! Not a good start to the month. In trying to analyse what’s been going wrong for the start of May, I think it’s been both recovering from my cold/asthma, plus not enough sleep over the past few days. Both problems are in the process of being addressed, so I hope all will settle quickly.

However, no excuses. Onward and downwards!!

Day 6 USA (Illinois) FD

Three days in a row of yard work has left me pretty sore all over, mostly legs, but had to be done. The rain came again last night, so I am really glad with what got done. I think I have enough energy to go to Silver Sneakers this morning!

Muscle cramps have bothered me too – generally calf but sometimes thigh or even glutes. I ran taking magnesium by my doctor son-in-law, and he said yes likely it would help as long as I didn’t get diarrhea. I’ve had a “slow transit” all my life, so it really does help me all around. I take 2 magnesium citrate (250 mg. each) pills generally at night, probably 3-4 times a week. The bottle says to be taken with food, so I seldom take them on a FD. Others have taken different varieties of magnesium though as well. This may be helpful to someone:

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/

I expect to be back to the forum later on for FD support.

Onward and downward.

Day 6 Canton OH NFD

It’s nurses week and i believe I will take a break from fasting because i need one. I struggled with this but every once in a while, the body tells us what it needs and I have learned to listen. I will be even more ready to get back into my routine after getting off it for a while.

@snowflake56 even though this is technically a fasting group, we support each other through all things, and you do not necessarily need to be fasting to participate. You have been a source of support for others when they were struggling, now it is our turn to support you, please let us do it. Also the best wishes on your hand- I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

@dykask those cramps can be a killer, hydrate and replenish – but you know that already

keep on keeping on folks – and Happy Nurses week, thank you for all you do to make the world a better place.

I’m really struggling a bit with feeling a bit “down” and this awful sciatica which came on after I mowed our grass last week, as DH cannot do that kind of thing for several weeks. It seems, neither can I. We’re going to have to find someone to do it for us. We’re having a gardener come round tomorrow to quote for cutting our privet hedge, so we’ll ask him. For me, I can’t sit without pain in the left buttock. Ouch, ouch…but I can’t spend all day standing. At least hubby’s wound seems to have stopped leaking, so we probably won’t need to travel to the hospital on Wednesday for another wound-check. being stressed makes me eat too much.

Pocket-List of Day 6 Fasters.

@dykask
    @alisa253
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @therealwil78
    @missybear
    @rafiki44
    @songbirdme

Day 6, Emden Germany, NFD

hi everyone,

@dingping, @missybear, @songbirdme, @ciren2, @at, @betsylee, @gretta and @basyjames thank you all for your kind words of support. Last weekend we went through all my medical reports and may have found the cause of the misery. We asume it’s hypokalemic periodic paralysis (hypoPP), we talked about it with the neurologist before as a possibility but he wasn’t sure and doesn’t have any patients diagnosed with it. It can be triggered by high carb eating, high sodium intake,fasting, infections and other things. Who would have thought fasting can trigger it. I will have the MRI tomorrow, not looking forward to it.

@dingping glad to have you back! How far away is Hay-on-Wey from your home? I looked up the festival page, so much to do there. Love the idea of the long table, wining and dining with strangers.

@bellyblast and @arelkade welcome back!

@ciren2 hope your sciatica got better!

Have a nice day everyone!

2nd post

@ciren2 we posted at the same time. I’m so sorry you’re in such pain, have you tried stretching or lying down on the side with the leg of the side the pain is crossed over the other leg? Sorry for the poor explanation. x

@snowflake56: You are so kind to think of me when you have your own medical troubles! I’ve just had a warm bath which has made things feel a little more comfortable. Lying down as you suggest is a good idea…lying down IS the best position for me….a pity I can’t do it all day though…ha…ha!
    It sounds as if you may be about to find out what your problem is. That’s good, because then you have a chance to know what treatment to use. Good luck. MRI is not so bad, noisy, but it’ll soon be over. Good luck xx

2nd post

I’m going to shoot for a LFD today (not WFD because of the need for coffee). I’m not sure I can do it but I’m giving it a shot.

Couple things: MFP’s email today had this:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/6-intermittent-fasting-mistakes-to-avoid/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MFP_Newsletter_20190506&os_ehash=55@sfmc:3637875

Take it all with whatever grain of salt necessary.

@ciren2 -my sciatica has been greatly improved with yoga. I do the easy version taught by our Silver Sneakers teacher who fully understands my back issues. I have 3 degenerated discs (T 11-12, L 1) that has caused some sciatica but also numbness in my whole hip area and often down my legs. Is there a yoga class you could take? Then there are online YouTube helps as well.

Day 6 UK FD
    Day 5 UK NFD

Had a good FD today. Fasted all day till 6pm then had mainly vegetables , small piece fish, fruit.

So far so good this month! Been very busy preparing for a visit this week from my daughter, her husband and my nearly 1 year old grandson from Oz! Can’t wait to see them all again.

Good luck to all fasters this week.

Day 6 – Eastern WA USA – FD

@ciren2 thanks for corralling us fasters into a list. I do hope your sciatica improves for you; definitely not fun

@russetfox – belated happy birthday and Happy Anniversary!

@Ratiki44 – that’s interesting about a WFD vs LFD. I still call it a WFD if I keep my tea and coffee black. If I add cream or other goodies to the coffee I change it to a LFD. I’m going for a WFD for at least 24 hours; longer if I can. So far so good. Sipping on some ginger and lemon tea at the moment.

@arelkade – welcome back!

@daffodil2010 – I’m glad there’s a light at the end of the tunnel on your van. What is the purpose of the beeswas on the cupboards; maybe to make for stick free opening and closing?

Pocket-List of Day 6 Fasters.

@dykask
    @alisa253
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @therealwil78
    @missybear
    @rafiki44
    @songbirdme
    @annemarilyn

Day 6 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all, well I have had a pretty busy weekend and thanks for all your good wishes! It’s really lovely to catch up with those posts…I’ve not made the best choices foodwise But I have been active with gardening and Cycling so I am not going to worry too much.
    Well done to those of you fasting today, @missybear, @raffiki44, @therealwill, @songbirdme, @funshipfreddie, mia139,@gretta, @annemarilyn, @alisa253👏
    @georgia, that’s me too from time to time I just lose the plot and eat all around me… hence why I can’t have those treats in the house… I fancied a tea cake (chocolate + mallow) yesterday so picked them up in the shop and once opened I ate two… then today I ate the remaining four?!€@?!
    @heiren and @michelinme i hope you are both on the mend now!
    @mia139 – exciting times ahead for you!!!
    @flourbaby thanks for explaining CD, good luck with your week of B2B2B! 👌
    @alisa253 I need to get back to eating lots more vegetables… As you say you can have a lot for just 500 cals 👍
    @gretta sounds like you are in track to reach your goal soon 👏👏👏
    @daffodil2010 – the camper sounds like it’s very nearly there… I’m with you… it never feels right to fast on a BH 🤪
    @dingping sounds like you’ve got this! I hope you find the perfect balance ⚖️. It’s hard to adjust but you’ll get there….
    @arelkade, great to gave you back and wishing you well too. Hope the sun has come out down there 👇

@ciren2 i’m so sorry to hear that you are in pain and feeling down. It’s terrible that both you and your DH are now laid up. I used to get very bad sciatica and know the pain that you’re in.
    @snowflake56, i’m so glad to see that you are posting as, as many have said, you have been such a support to us in the past that it would be great to be here for you when you need us. And good to hear that you may have found the cause of your problem, hopefully that means you may be able to find a solution.
    @betsylee I’ve been tempted by the discount Easter eggs too 🤣😂
    @basyjames good for you!! We need to know when to look after ourselves and to take a break if we need it. Happy nurses week to all the nurses out there, I have some friends who are absolutely fantastic nurses 👩‍⚕️.
    @songbirdme and @dykask I also get bad muscle cramps in my calves (which are generally tight) and could possibly do with taking more magnesium. I find when I exercise that it takes a good while for my muscles to warm up and stop cramping. So reading your posts with much interest!

Back on track tomorrow with some routine hospital tests and a good FD 👍👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 7 – Japan – NFD

34 water fasts done in 2019 so far. I’m now going to disappear for a 8 or 9 days. These trips tend to keep me so busy that I won’t have time for updates or reading. It is all I can do to stay on top of the work. I always get thrown multiple curve balls and just have to deal with them as they come.

@gretta has a good point about the sodium maybe helping with the clamps. I had fasted for 100 hours and had done 4 reasonably intense workouts during the fast, also a very intense workout after breaking the fast. I probably pushed it a bit too much and should have been doing something to maintain minerals lost from sweating!

On my trip I might skip a few meals, but I’m not going to push fasting. I’ll resume fasting when I’m back. I typically tend to lose some weight while traveling even when I tend to overeat. The harder part is I’ll have to workout late before going to bed instead of early in the morning because I tend to have a harder time sleeping on the road and tend to sleep more towards morning. So it is always a shift for me.

I check back late next week.

Day 7, FD, Japan

Hi everyone I’m finally back from my long long holiday to Italy of 12 days!! That was one of my best trips ever!!! The weather was beautiful, the food was amazing, everything we saw was astonishing, and we were all safe – nothing stolen or robbed thank goodness!!!

Not too surprised to find out that I gained 1.5kg haha… Yes we even went to the Gelato Festival 2019!!! Totally fine with that weight gain but definitely need to push hard in the next couple of month. Having a BBQ coming up tomorrow though…ouch!

Pocket list for day 7

@shelliz

Day 6, VA, USA, NFD
    Day 5, OMAD
    Day 4, OMAD
    Day 3, OMAD
    Day 2, OMAD

Hello! My SO and I have returned safe at home. I had no scale and stepped on when I got home to see that I stayed the same weight! Thats exciting for a 5 day vacation! If we are getting down to brass tax the scale read .2 increase.

I found that since we were staying up rather late (we had shows in the evening we saw at Red Rocks!) We would wake up, get a breakfast/brunch. Then really after that I did not feel compelled to have anything else except good water the rest of the day.

It was nice to just focus on the OMAD, b/c then I could adventure with food choices and didn’t feel restricted. Not that I am a saint and restrict myself or I wouldn’t be here in this group!

Thank you all for all the Birthday Wishes!

OH an in other news although I didn’t have a scale I did have an exciting event happen with my fitted jeans as I slipped them down without undoing the button! (I didn’t mean to I have other trousers with me the do slip on/off) and being tired I did the same thing to the jeans, and they went! WOAH!

@ciren2 – I found some useful videos that pull the socks inside out and then start that at the toe and fold them up and over the leg. This link was helpful for putting on compression socks, but I can imagine it may help with getting any sock onto someone else. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzf4d0ZyNb8

@aglowworm – I was also quite the snacker. I found that changing my snacks (one of them I changed was chips to arugula.) yes just plain old arugula, I love the peppery taste and I just put some in a bowl like chips. I’m not saying this exact thing for you, but maybe find a snack you do like and use that in place of something thats not as good.

@dykask – Yamasaki style push up, well there’s a new challenge – and the cramps (I think you are right it is a mineral imbalance) I think you need salt *it is usually the thing I found that helps me, even tho here in the west it gets a bad report. **** MORE on that Push UP @at – Yes this style of pushup it is similar to going from Dolphin pose to chatarunga pose in yoga. I did find the I could do it (just barely, and had to give just a nudge to one arm first * my left arm would take the lead, for that transition. I am probably able to do this, b/c I have muscle memory from holding a tighter form for plank dropping to chaturanga all the time in yoga. I won’t lie tho I could only do 3 of them before I couldn’t even try and nudge myself forward for the next one. Ha

Also @at – Mmmmm Thai food. Well I’ll hunt you down for a Thai food buddy should I end up in the UK sometime 😉

@funshipfreddie – moving is such a chore, but does give opportunity to really take with you what matters most.

@snowflake56 – you take your time do you best. Life is about figuring out what helps YOU feel balanced and this group is all about that too. We may be into fasting, but we also know that life is not about JUST fasting. Otherwise we would not have any eating days and those are just as important (you could say, even more important for survival than our fasting days)

@russetfox – Happy Belated Birthday for May 4th! Cheers

@flourbaby – I also found that drinking down an 8oz glass of water helpful for those sudden cravings! I would need to swap FD days for Thai food!

@jaifaim – Happy Belated Anniversary! I have a grand love of “vintage” clothes. I have many clothes from my friends grandparents (back when I was 20 years old or so) and so many polyester shirts of colors and patterns!

@daffodil2010 – ooooh I too have had some drinks 🍷

@shelliz – I too had a vacation! Glad to have you back and that you had fun! Oh an Gelato Festival ummmm yes That is weight to celebrate!

~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~
    Cheers to you all – glad to be back home (although we are considering moving out to CO)

Onward and Downward! (Love that expression)

Day 7 NSW Australia FD
    1.10pm Tuesday

Hi all. It sure feels good to be back – having fun atm fasting for 18 hours and having 2 meals between ~ 12md and 6pm. Started Sunday morning – big headache last night, after work, probably from sugar lack! Trying to drink much more water.
    For the first time in many years, I felt hunger pangs in my stomach after fasting 18 hours! I’ve decided to try F800 for 2 weeks and see how it goes. So far down 0.7kg since Sunday.

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now xx

Day 7 – Melbourne Aus – NFD

Finished off the FD strong with a cardio circuit HIIT session, and a tofu stirfry (ended up at 505 cal). Had a dreadful sleep so skipped the usual morning weights session for some extra rest, might go for a walk after work. Didn’t have any niacin or MO, so that definitely wouldn’t have helped. Need to get diligent about my bedtime routine.

@funshipfreddie like you I can’t resist a salted nut! I only ever buy pepitas and almonds (both natural and unsalted!!!!) otherwise it’s game over.
    @flourbaby that’s no fun at all, take care!
    @ciren2 that all sounds very overwhelming. Hope you’re holding up ok, you will get through these tough times! Whenever my sciatica has flared up, I’ve found gentle strengthening work to help. Hopefully you are able to recover quickly!

Day 7: Gloucestershire, UK. NFD:
    Thank you all with your thoughts and kind words about my sciatica (or whatever it is). I’m due to have acupuncture this morning, which has aften been a great help with various flare-ups I’ve had. I’m also down for a sports massage on my back on Thursday, (can’t you just tell I have a week free from work,eh?). Between them, maybe I’ll get a clarification on the problem and what best to do about it. I’ve also self-referred myself for physio at the local hospital. That may take time to happen though…

@arelkade: Phew, you’re doing well, so far. Yes, headaches often caused by dehydration…..drink lots!
    @Rabette: looks like one meal a day worked well for you while you were on holiday…and the jeans…wow…what a boost!Thanks for the sock-rolling advice. I think I’m getting the hang of that now…it’s just having to crouch or kneel down on the floor to do it when DH shouldn’t be lifting his leg UP!
    @shelliz: Glad you enjoyed your holiday to Italy.

Pocket List, Day 7:

@shelliz
    @arelkade

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Another half a kilo down! So that’s a total of 1.5kgs lost this month. Yesterday was a tough FD though; by 2pm I was ready to start gnawing on my arm. So I chugged on sparkling water, & managed to go until after 6pm before I ate anything. I think I need to eat more on my NFD’s though.

Like many people, I sometimes have trouble sleeping after a fast day. Not through hunger though. I read somewhere that we don’t need as much sleep when we’re fasting. Food digestion takes up a lot of energy. Still, if I get less than 6 or 7 hours’ sleep I feel like a train wreck sometimes. Occasionally I use those Somnil tablets. They work like a charm for me, & I don’t experience any side-effects. They’re over-the-counter too, so no prescription necessary; not in South Africa anyway. In the UK and USA they’re marketed as ‘Unisom’, I think? (active ingredient doxylamine succinate). They just make me nicely drowsy, & if I wake up during the night, I find it easy to drift off again.

A NFD today, but I’m planning on sticking to a TRE window, between 11am – 8pm for the rest of the month.

Best wishes if you’re fasting today!

Day 7 6 – Ireland – NFD

@metatauta, thank you so much you are very welcome 🙏
    @shelliz and @rabbette welcome back from your holidays! Shellie it dies not feel like you’ve been gone two weeks, I’m sure you could say the same.. time flies…
    @arelkade – good for you with your long fast 👏 I hope the headache has shifted..
    routine hospital tests today for one of my auto immune conditions… it’s been under control for many years but you always get a little nervous just before hand… no appetite though so that’s a bonus 👍
    Today is like a Monday for me so:

Pocket list for day 7
    @shelliz
    @arelkade
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

First of B2B today. My body needs a break from the quantity of food and wine over the weekend. Oh dear, and lots of packets of Tayto cheese & onion crisps (@jaifaim, you will know what I mean 🇮🇪). So like @funshipfreddie and others, it’s the salty snacks that get me!

It’s only a 3 day week for me as I have booked Friday off, yay! So I can experience a @flourbaby working week 😆 Sorry to hear about your unexpected TOM….that’s been happening to me a lot lately but at my age it’s part of the change of the seasons I suppose. Pain to still have to go through it.

@ciren2 hopefully your sciatica eases soon. I suffered big time at the end of March, when I was gung ho on the 30 Day Shred, and had to stop it. I found it difficult to change gear in the car etc, so every morning since then I have been working on building strength for the glutes. It has helped, but I still have a residue crampy feeling in my toes every now and then….may not be related but I think it is.

@annemarilyn I put the beeswax on the inside of the cupboards, along the bare wood, to give them a bit of protection and shine. We have left all of our red cedar wood ceiling and walls untreated, as the smell is amazing. This weekend we got a lot done in the van, the kitchen build is coming along. Yay.

Have a great day today.

Pocket List Day 7
    @shelliz
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010

Day 7 – 2nd post

My mouth is watering at the thought of Tayto @daffodill2010… a pack with a Guinness… just THE best 👍
    Just scooping us up for the day…

Pocket list for day 7
    @shelliz
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 6, UK, NFD
    Day 7, UK, FD

Fast day today.
    Will read the posts and write a proper update later as busy day at work today.

Have a good day everyone!

2nd post
    6.45pm Tuesday

@jarfaim – thank you for adding me to the pocket list, much appreciated
    Managed to have 740 Cal’s today, so pleased – 3 days under 800 Cal’s.
    Headache gone 😄

Just realised that Jarrah Hot Chocolate 99% fat free, if made up with 11gm chocolate powder in ~ 200 hot water, tastes really nice and only 46 cals – don’t notice milk is missing! Thought I had to leave chocolate alone!

Best wishes to each of you be you fasting or not xx

Day 7: FD, Netherlands. Today is the first day of re-starting fasting for me since November – I finally decided to dive back in. I came on this forum a lot last year, but fell by the wayside over Christmas unfortunately. I’m starting at maybe my heaviest (66.7kg) since I began fasting a year & a half ago – so lots to lose!

I’m hoping to shift 5kg within 2 months and hope to do so with some healthy veggie-laden meals. I would also like to kick an annoying sugar habit that I’ve suddenly acquired over the past 3 months or so!

Hope to see you again regularly! Thanks for being a great community 🙂 happy to be back!

Day 7 Wales NFD
    Day 6 FD

Managed to get back on the fasting horse yesterday after weekend of eating far too much cake x

Day 7 UK NFD

Day 7, London, UK, FD

So yesterdays’ Bank holiday, the touch of self-pity and general ‘meh’ feeling meant the day included wine, crisps and Easter chocolate (Yes @betsylee, who can resist a malteaser bunny for 13p!!!). I felt better though, so it’s ALL good, especially as I’m firmly back on the wagon today!!!

Regarding magnesium oil ……………. I swear by it …………………… It helps me sleep like a baby & I’ve used it as a deodorant for quite a few years now. It’s helped my mum with oedema and leg cramps too.
    If anyone is interested in magnesium oil, there are additional benefits to transdermal absorption rather than tablets. Have a look at the benefits of magnesium oil, it really is a ‘miracle oil’ – I buy the flakes and make my own to the recipe below,

https://wellnessmama.com/5804/make-your-own-magnesium-oil/

Have a good trip @dykask, are you going to miss water fasting or will you see it as a break from a quite intense fasting regime???

Welcome back @rabbette & @shelliz ……………………….. dangerous, dangerous territory at a gelato festival!!!!

@funshipfreddie you might like to try magnesium oil, niacin and a handful of cashews (natures’ Prozac) to help with sleep, I LOVE my sleep and find these help with the anxiety that can sometimes keep us awake; the combination usually knocks me out so I awaken in the same position in which I went to sleep …………….. absolutely no tossing or turning!!!

“No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins

Day 7 Melb Aust, CD

Didn’t manage a good low-eating day today – my young friend who took me out to lunch did it for Mother’s day, which is next Sunday in Australia. She wanted to go to a slightly more “upmarket” restaurant, so I had more than just scrambled eggs on toast – think chicken breasts with a creamy mushroom sauce, potato chips and cooked vegetables. Yum!!! At least I only ate half of it and brought the rest home, which I’ll eat on my next CD.

Anyway, FD800 tomorrow should help me get back on track.

@ciren2, hope the sciatica eases off with treatment.

@snowflake56, Don’t be too concerned about having an MRI. They’re just very noisy, but you’ll have earphones on. If it makes you nervous to be moved into the machine, just keep your eyes closed and you’ll be fine. I’ve had a few, and that’s how I’ve handled them.

@flourbaby, one more chocolate egg gone – gave it to my young friend for her and her husband to enjoy (whew!)

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Day 7- Atlanta, Ga- USA FD

Day 7… here again 👌

@catch87 -welcome back! It’s good to have you!
    And @russetfix that’s allowed 😄 hope you had a great celebratory weekend!!

@dykask hope your trip goes well… I’m going to try that push up later today but anticipate falling flat on my face 😂

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed yesterday’s FD quite well at 560 calories. Will do my best not to over eat today – my DAFD can always be rough (DayAfterFastDay).

@flourbaby – have not heard of magnesium oil but read all that with interest.

@shelliz – welcome back from Italy! Wow… Gelato Festival? How terrific! No American gelato tastes as good as what we ate in Italy.

@rabette – welcome back to you too.

Onward and downward.

Day 7, VA, USA, FD

So things on the agenda, go take a class today! There is one starting at 9:30 that I have my eye on. I had canceled my classes for today in case we had a delay from our flights ((and we did have one and almost missed the connecting flight!)) which would have set us back 12 hours! But we made it, so now I get a relaxing day off.

Decided I would start out Water Fasting and then be open to the idea of a small dinner tonight.

@ciren2 – oh I see yes crouching can be challenging. I personally like to just put other folks socks on while they are laying in bed. I sit at one end and place their leg over my legs and work the socks up that way.

@flourbaby – this magnesium oil sounds awesome, thanks for sharing. I have restless leg syndrome (and while it is worse at night) I feel like I have shin splints and leg soreness as soon as the sun sets.

@songbirdme – I find DAFD (if the next day is Friday or Saturday) I find them a bit rough too. Ooooooo and you mean we are getting cheated on Gelato here in America! I live next to a swanky Gelato place, but only manage to go about once or twice a year. Otherwise I may not fit through my front door.

Pocket list for day 7
    @shelliz
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette

Day 7 – another post..
    @flourbaby thanks for the reminder re: magnesium oil… I have it beside my bed but always forget!! Could do with a good stress free nights sleep and I’m sure it can only help muscles generally so will try it before a spin 🚲
    @songbirdme – good luck for your DAFD!
    @betsylee – I’m eating a lot of chicken and mushroom at the moment.., not sure what that’s all about but would say it’s nearly a craving..
    @rabbette enjoy your extra day off 👍

Just rounding the fasters up again 👌
    Pocket list for day 7
    @shelliz
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette
    @therealwil78
    @georgia83
    @flourbaby

See you all tomorrow!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 7 Canton OH FD

@ciren2 my heart goes out to you. I wish you were close, I would gladly volunteer hubby’s services to mow your lawn. Hang in there, one day at a time. Being a caregiver is not easy

@snowflake56 I am glad they have found out the problem, that’s one step closer to fixing it

@annemarilyn I am in awe of the ease with which you complete WFD. I am usually good until I get home and then… the rest is history

@dykask safe travels and see you when you get back

So I was supposed to take a break from fasting this week and it turns out I can’t make myself do it, so back on the fasting wagon I go; I guess it has become a way of life for real now.

Pocket list for day 7
    @shelliz
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette
    @therealwil78
    @georgia83
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames

Day 7 UK NFD

Still sick but checking in to stay reasonably on track. Yesterday was unplanned FD bc I got up at 1pm, had tinned tomato soup and chocolate rice pudding (leftover red & wild rice, cacao, oat milk, tbsp raisins & a banana nuked in the microwave) then went back to bed at 5pm & slept until 6am.

I feel v puffy bc been eating weird food combos but remembered to weigh this morning before drinking water and have lost 1lb! I suspect it will come back when I’m bouncing again; I’ll trade it for better health.

Neuralgia, laryngitis, chesty cough and now a bit coldy – suspect my body is still fighting off a virus. Majoring in water & sleep, delegating what I can and getting by on what I can’t. Blood tests all fine xc b12 and folate which measured high, but would have been skewed by supplements.

Welcome back @arelkade @shelliz @rabbette @catch87 good to have you with us again 🙂

@ciren2 @snowflake52 hope you both feel better v soon xx
    @jaifaim good luck with blood test results x

Supper, prep for tomorrow, bed – this already seems so late after yesterday!

Day 7 Eastern WA USA – FD

Continuing with mostly WFD, did add cream to my hot Dandyblend beverage in the evening yesterday. Will continue water today as long as possible like @rabbette. I’m looking forward to the chilled tea; decaffeinated green tea and mint tea brewed in the sunlight. @basyjames I’m still developing my water fasting muscle, but thanks for the encouraging comment.

@arelkade – as you mentioned, hydration could have been part of the issue around your headache. Salt may also be. I know this morning after I dissolved some pink salt under my tongue this morning, things improved for me.

@catch87 – welcome back! Something that helped me with kicking the sugar, was learning that if one can make it through 72 hours, it usually loses its hold on us.

Pocket list for day 7
    @shelliz
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette
    @therealwil78
    @georgia83
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames
    @catch87
    @annemarilyn

Off to a celebration of the opening of a pedestrian/bike bridge in our University District! My son is integral in this, so looking forward to the event on this sunny spring day!

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 7, UK, FD, 2nd post

I’m sure I went over my TDEE on my NFD yesterday – had a 800cal breakfast and went out for dinner (and included dessert!). Used a leather jacket I haven’t been able to wear for a few years – it was still too tight but I could zip it up, so I went out wearing it anyway 😊 I’m either losing some volume or my leathers are stretching lol.

My FD today is going well, saved all my calories for dinner time so I can share a nice meal with DH.

@gretta I like your idea of saving the calories for dinner time, it might help sleeping tonight! I will let you know if it works for me.

@funshipfreddie I can’t resist crisps and chocolate in the evenings if I’m at home and on my own! I don’t ever buy these, but DH does – he can handle it though, he is so skinny 🙄 I started going for walks in the evening after dinner and that really helps. Going to bed early helps keeping the cravings at bay too.

Day 7- Ohio mfd

Thanks for well wishes. The stomach bug is gone. Now, I’m pampering a twisted ankle. Not sprained, just still annoyingly tender with weight on it two days later. I finally succumbed to the pothole I usually step around just right. But, today I’m feeling like a fd will be good for me. So, off I go.
    And we barely got the older girl off on her school trip on time. The first time in a while where she is going somewhere by herself. We are expecting a call at some point that they lost her. She has a habit of just going off during trips if she gets bored. When family were on the same trips, we would keep an eye on her. This really is the first time she doesn’t have that backup. So, I’m expecting the call at some point in the next few days. I also want to see when there are foods placed and none of the options are what she likes if she will doblike her brother did and try it or just not eat. She is an extremely picky eater, which I may have mentioned in the past. I’m not going to check up on her during the trip just like I don’t on past ones. Gotta trust everyone else.
    @snowflake56 hope the mri goes well. Lots of hugs because you deserve them.
    @michelinme hoping that the bug goes away soon. Sounds like you neefed that rest.
    @georgia83 cool that the jacket is fitting better enough to wear. You must be shrinking then.

Day 8 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Ended the day with icecream (cookies and cream) and dark chocolate. That’s what happens when tiredness takes over. Definitely not planned, but today is a new day. Cardio circuit session this morning and netball tonight – so the FD will be a challenge, but will check back in later for some extra inspiration. I have training all day which isn’t catered, so that will help!

Thinking i’ll have a little oat bran porridge (75cal) with cinnamon and stevia this morning – I usually forego food on FD’s, but my tummy is rumbling already, and it’s not even 9am.

@catch87 welcome back! I’m also on the sugar reduction bandwagon – I capture sugar free days with a ‘tick’ on the spreadsheet (can’t remember who originally came up with that idea sorry)
    @flourbaby sometimes we all need days like that, I know I do!!! Glad to hear you’re feeling better.

Day 8 Pocket List
    @gretta

2nd post

@hieiren – keep your ankle elevated! Use ice also you should take anti-inflammatory meds (like Advil) as long as that would not interfere with any meds you may be taking already. A twisted ankle can take a good amount of time to heal depending on where the injury is located. Take care.

@gretta – I know how you feel, I purchased ice-cream for my SO and boy do I WANT SOME now!

@annemarilyn – hot Dandyblend (had to look that one up) sounds yummy!

Day 7 Ohio, US —- CFD
    Day 5 — NFD (66 bites)
    Day 6 — NFD (?? bites)

Just checking in. Sorry that I haven’t been on for the last several days. Mega-Stress still continuing.

Hope your week has been off to a good start!

Day7 California. NFD

Managed to survive my LFD for 42 hours but it was a little challenging so I may only try it once or twice per month.

@annemarilyn – yes I did add cream to my coffee as I’m not a fan of it black.

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B

I am waking around 3.30-4am a lot of mornings the past few months, is this me going to bed too early or am I at the stage of life where I don’t need as much sleep? I usually get up around 5.30am anyway (early riser always), so most times I just lie there thinking nice thoughts, sometimes snooze. However this morning, I was SO hungry 😨

I normally do TRE and rarely eat before 2pm during the week, and especially on FD’s, but I have just had two delicious free range boiled eggs. Sipping coffee now and feel better. Guess my body is craving protein? So today will be more like an 800 calories FD.

Guess what? My job extended my contract until the end of August as the girl on maternity has extended her leave. So I accepted. The very next day one of my horticulture college buddies leaves a message asking would I like to work with her in her garden centre. Argh! The timing!

But taking it as a good sign that things are moving out there to get me into a place that I should be in. Once my contract finishes end of August DH and I are taking a month or so to go travelling in our (hopefully) fully converted van. Then we see what happens. I asked my buddy to think of me if future opportunities.

So, believe that things happen for a reason and the way will show itself.

Like this WOL, best thing I ever did (apart from stopping smoking) for my health, and delighted to be sharing this with you guys ☺️

Pocket list day 8
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply.