May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,051 through 2,100 (of 2,272 total)

• Day 29 US NFD/FD 800
    @fatrabbit Wow, congratulations on staying half below your TDEE. You are being successful now… and “Cruella” will have to admit it later. Your meal with yoghurt, chopped chili, and nuts doesn’t sound that high in cals. Keep on Girl!✨…. Be kind to yourself and it will happen… In time your son will take on some of your good habits. So you’ll be winning for the both of you!✨
    @bigviking So far you’ve obliterated 12 lbs in May! βœ¨βœ¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰Congratulations!βœ¨βœ¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ 2 more days to go…
    @schatziii please don’t feel guilty. The beauty of the 5:2 FD, NFD Plan is; it is flexible so we can enjoy good and not feel guilty. We have FD options to remedy any of our higher calorie day choices. I see it as a way of averages… Overall if we lower our intake on FD’s it will allow for days of eating more than usual. Do what feels right for you and feel good about it. ✨
    @flourbaby Thank-you for the motivation. The quote you posted is very applicable for me this week. “The only place you find success before work is in the dictionary.” – Mary V. Smith
    βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ€œπŸ»βœ¨πŸ€›πŸ»βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ‘ŠGood luck All!✨😊
    @scs Warmest wishesβ˜€οΈGood luck to you on your b2b2b2b days!πŸ‘
    @at Thank-you😊✨
    @ciren2 I hope your having great fun and inspiration on your Holy-Land trip.✨
    All interested.πŸ˜Šβœ¨πŸŽ‰
    Here’s the link for the June Challenge:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/june-2017-30-day-challenge/#post-209507

Something to consider…
    ✨Be you… Your already better at that than anybody else!✨ – me

Day 26 – 29 NFD. Lancaster πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
    Day 30. FD
    DAY 31 NFD

Okeydokey: Thanks for the link.
    I’ll be away from 5th to 15th June…..so not yet.

Day 29 – NFD

Day 29 – West Mids UK – NFD

Weekly Weigh Day 11st 12 1/2 lbs

Not really stuck to the WOL over the bank holiday, need to re focus !

Day 28 – NFD
    Day 27 – NFD
    Day 26 – NFD
    Day 25 – FD
    Day 24 – NFD

@at – Thank you – I could only think of carrying on because of the great support from you and others like you on this forum.

[post removed]

NFD London day 29

B2B tomorrow going to be difficult as half term school holidays. Managed to make sure my son is being kept busy so I don’t eat to much rubbish.
    2 days to big weigh in

NFD London day 29

B2B tomorrow going to be difficult as half term school holidays. Managed to make sure my son is being kept busy so I don’t eat to much rubbish.
    2 days to big weigh in

2nd post,

I hope all fasters today are going strong, particularly my fellow pocketeers, the kitchen is now CLOSED!!!!! I struggled a bit today, but can only blame myself for not properly drowning that dragon, the slippery little sucker just kept coming up for air!!!!!….. yes I did say Sucker!!!!

1/3 of the way through this B2B2B, Tues & Wed should be easier as I’ll be at work without the few temptations I have at home, thank goodness there’s no wine in the house!!!!!

Stay strong Fasters!!!!!

2nd post 🌈

@flourbaby, feel exactly the same, kitchen is closed but I want to eat. I have water to drink -er yum. πŸ‰πŸ’¦Definitely easier if I don’t have the day off. Tomorrow and Wednesday should be easier back to work and busier. Thinking of my pocketeers. I can and will do this. πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

2nd post

Well definitely not a FD today – In fact a bit above TDEE due an excess of Proseco (Pocket winos…πŸ₯‚) could have been worse!!!!!!!

Made Dan Lepard’s Upside Down Rhubarb Cake this afternoon – with a big hit of ginger (Scandinavian style cake) using rhubarb from the garden – very nice if I may say so – served warm with sour cream – Yummy!

Definitely a FD tomorrow with a brisk walk on a fell required to undo today’s excess………..

2 days left of this challenge – let’s make it count and then look forward to the June Challenge with @strawberriesandcream

Day 29, Germany, FD

@at thank you for asking, my “S” is still gone, we don’t think it will come back. I got used to it and only notice it when I’m not able to say certain words. Weightwise (is this an existing word???) I’m fine, no problems maintaining. Mentally I’m a mess at the moment, due to work. One pregnant, one quit because she did’nt want to do the work of the pregnant one. We haven’t seen the pregnant one for 4 weeks, the quiting one stayed at home after mobbing a new employee (with us since May 1st)and the apprentice (with us since April 1st). I’m glad they are there, but they have to learn almost everything and I have no time to explain. We often have to do several tests with the patients before they go to my husband. Wednesday one of the patient refused to do the tests, he wanted to do them on Friday (than there are only 2 of us, the appentice has to go to school). I explained him the situation and he started yelling at me, well, I had my first mental breakdown ever. It was just terrible. At Friday the patient came back, threatened both my husband and me, he has to find another docter now. In 2 weeks we have 2 weeks off, we all really need it. The problem is that you forget the nice things patients say and do (got flowers 2 times that week), the terrible things that patients say stay in your head forever.

Day 29, Germany, FD

Today was a great day of healthy eating and positive thinking for me. I ate 600 calories 100% nutritious food. Tomorrow is the next FD. Hope we all do well.

Day 29 FD b2b Monday and Tuesday st Louis USA
    Day 28 NFD can’t recall if I posted yesterday or not.
    Wasn’t going to do regular b2b due to holiday but decided to stick with it but make today 800 and tomorrow 500 since I’m back to work tomorrow and easier to stick with it. Since I’m planning to work fewer hours, I want to get used to fasting when I’m home. Once I get weight where I want it I think I’ll try 800 calories and only 2 days a week. I like the flexibility of this WOL.

I’m sitting in repair shop getting tire repairs. Lovely day. Spent yesterday in the yard preparing for sustainable back yard tour in a couple of weeks.

Haven’t received posts today so catching up.

All my best to all of you.

Day 29 UK NFD not a bad day today as very jaded following a very merry BBQ yesterday @at I’m with you in the overindulgence camp, maybe try and squeeze in my last FD of the challenge tomorrow ,no time so will catch up on posts tomorrow .

Day 29 – UK – FD

Good intentions to eat within TDEE over the weekend evaporated in direct correlation to the number of times my glass was topped up with wine. Oops.

Day 29– Colorado USA– FD

Yay!! Had a perfect zero calorie today. Just water. Haven’t pulled that off since January.
    Big high five for end of month success! πŸ–πŸΌ

Pocketeers for B2B2B – Days 29, 30, 31 – add your name and re-post, so we can end May / start June on a roll!!!

@flourbaby
    @loubelles
    @lynzm
    @scs
    @okeydokey
    @strawberriesandcream
    @happymargo <– correction: Rocking all 3 days!!
    @mia139
    @schatziii
    @onahealthyhigh

@fatrabbit — love to catch up on the Bunny Sagas. Entertaining, and you’re a clever mum to work ways to make Jolly & Magic get along better.
    You’ve made amazing progress on your weight loss. Something to feel proud of! Do what feels right for you in June, we’ll all be here to cheer you on.

@scs — I bet with your job, you’ve seen a lot. Stories for days! Feel free to share πŸ˜€

@mia139 — yes, I probably won’t hit my May goal, but will definitely end on a strong note with a good kick-off for June!

@songbirdme — your lovely blooms we’re welcoming you home. Plus, you are totally rocking the maintenance thing! Glad you & other successful maintainers stick around the forums to give us all hope!

Hi all uk co down day 29 nfd (now day 30 so a bit late posting)
    Been a bit out of sorts, sore throat and ear the last few days and although my day time is fine I find I am snacking in the evening. Find it hard to drink the same water over weekends so that may be part of the problem. Going for fast days on Tuesday and Wed to give me my last weigh in for end of this challenge and start weight for beginning of June challenge on Thursday. Would be nice if the sad step played ball and stopped messing about! Not caught up on all the posts.

@at – that rhubarb cake sounds amazing! Good thing I don’t have any. I’d put a hurting on that. πŸ˜‹

Day 30 NFD country west Australia 72.4 kgs
    Did a b2b from Saturday night til this morning.
    Was going to continue but the headache monster was lurking. Breakfast has banished the beast but it is just letting me know it is in the vicinity in the back of my head.
    Not a very big drop on the scales and I won’t be within a bull’s roar of getting to 70 kgs – May goal – but it has simply made me even more determined.
    There is NO way I am going to give up. I am so cheesed off with being on the plateau that I have gone and got re-inforcements!
    Have got sturdy hiking boots, thick rope, crampons – you name it. I AM going to get over this mountain by the end of June.
    @snowflake, I am so very sorry for your terrible experience. Why are people so awful to each other? Especially those trying to just do their jobs.
    I will be thinking of you and your husband. Roll on your holiday. And here’s another bunch of flowers – albeit virtual ones – to show that we care.β€οΈπŸ’πŸŒΈπŸŒΊπŸŒΉ

Day 29 – SW WA USA -NFD

Finished family time with breakfast with most of the family. It was a really special time. We’re not really happy with the care my mom is getting at the hospital following hip repair post fall; praying a quality rehab place opens up close to my father.

Began my journey home via the Olympic Peninsula; taking the scenic route.

Thank you to several found supportive comments. It’s good to walk this journey together.

@happymargo – wow, you’re so kind. Thanks for the kudos on maintenance! It’s all of YOU who keep me at it!

Day 30 Portugal NFD
    Day 29 FD (500cal)
    Day 28 NFD
    Day 27 NFD
    Day 26 NFD

The past two weeks have been hectic and unfortunately I havebeen unable to keep up with posts and even post myself. I have found that not posting has made me a bit lazy and not very accountable so I have not eaten as well as I should. I am trying ADF this week. Today is NFD but will try to keep it very controlled. Day 31 will be a FD.

Day 30 UK FD

181.8lbs.:(( How quickly it moves in the wrong direction:(( All I have to do is think about eating normally and I go mad and eat far too much:(( I am not going to meet my goal now:(( I really need to.stick with this right the way down to a healthy weight or I will never get there.

well last FD of May was yesterday for me did well 0.5kg lost total this month was2.4kg last month was 4.2kg so down this month in total, but with living in the southwest of England when the sun shine we get family to stay so extra eating i.e. ice-cream/pasty so we did ok I think anyway June fast next still on target for October to reach my goal weight. Happy weighing to all

Day 30 | London | FD
    Day 31 | London | FD

After a super fun weekend celebrating my sister in laws birthday and some superb food it’s time to finish the month with my first B2B !

Can’t believe how quickly May has gone! Good day all.

Day 30/FD/Melbourne Australia

2nd day of b2b2b. Broke my fast just now with a welcome cup of coffee. It’s cold, grey and drizzling. Perfect day for a brisk walk before dinner to warm up. I’m always cold on fast days. Dinner is organised and waiting, a small fillet of salmon with a tomato, onion, caper, olive and parsley salad and a serving of broccoli, This will be the first solid meal since Sunday. I don’t usually do anything so drastic but I clearly needed to shake myself out of this lethargy and stop the dragon in its tracks. I’m holding your hands fellow pocketeers only one more day to go here in Aus.

@fatrabbit our bodies are so different. I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties at the moment. I found the basic 5:2 approach with healthy mindful eating worked for me and before I knew it I’d lost 40 lbs. .Your diet sounds absolutely wonderful and delicious. I’m sure you’ll start the downward trend soon. I know you read ‘The Clever Guts Diet’. Was there anything in there to assist?

@krisnia – glad you are feeling much better.

@debster251 and @at I have your hands, mine are seriously thrust deep in my pockets. 🍷pocket winos. @okeydokey I admire your abstinence.

@snowflake56 – what a dreadful experience. People are so cruel and thoughtless. Hugs

@jarbia – What chaos. It was all over the news here. I do hope you enjoy the remainder of your holiday.

@at I envy your Fells walking. Such beautiful country.

@tillysmum – glad you are still with us. How’s Tilly?

Glad to be ending May in a positive frame of mind and looking forward to a better June. We may have conquered our corner of Melbourne’s mouse plague. Fingers, toes and knees firmly crossed. It’s been a long and stinky six weeks!

Enjoy the final days. See you in June. Together we can achieve.

Day 30 Notts UK BSD

So I’ve kicked off the weight gained (?don’t really know cos didn’t weigh myself all week!)and stomach definitely feeling flatter. No chance at all of meeting May target but ho hum will regroup and may set a more realistic goal.

Onwards and downwards everyone, bon chance May is nearly over!

Day 30 – UK – NFD

Day 30, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

How are we doing fellow pocketeers?? The only reason I’m still fasting is truly because of the list in my pocket, I’ve managed to rub a hole through it already as yesterday was a struggle, never thought I’d say it but I’m Soooo glad to be at work today!!!!

There seem to be a few B2B-ers out there aiming to finish May sprinting across the finish line!!! Feel free to add yourselves to the pocket list as we’re now B2B-ers too!!!

Pocketeers for B2B2B – Days 29, 30, 31 – add your name and re-post, so we can end May / start June on a roll!!!
    @flourbaby
    @loubelles
    @lynzm
    @scs
    @okeydokey
    @strawberriesandcream
    @happymargo <– correction: Rocking all 3 days!!
    @mia139
    @schatziii
    @onahealthyhigh

My scales are still going haywire, but I’m keeping the faith!!!!

We HAVE GOT THIS!!!!

Day 30, Newcastle UK, FD

I shall start my post with @at‘s very apt quote:

“I am STRONGER than any EXCUSE – I am the only person who has control over my eating habits. I can always resist something if I CHOOSE to. BUT remember that life if full of compromise and that applies to your WOE too!”

Famous last words from me yesterday morning – “Determined not to let down my fellow pocketeers”. However, OH had other ideas for Bank Holiday Monday and so we went to the pub which of course involved real ale and salted peanuts. Enough said. Today is a new start and an FD.

@biddiev – no need to apologise. Do hope you pop in and visit us during June.
    @songbirdme – I love Azaleas. When we moved here I found a little dried up plant lying on the surface of the soil and promptly stuck it in a pot. 3 years on and it’s a robust and healthy plant that puts on the most amazing display. It was already out in full bloom at the end of April and I was sorry that we would miss it whilst away on holiday. But it’s still looking fabulous with just the odd flower going over. It’s the little things that all add up to make life good.
    @snowflake56 – sorry to hear you had to endure that shocking treatment. I hope you can put it behind you and focus on the majority of your patients who will appreciate all you do for them. Sending virtual hugs xx
    @pissupoosa – are you out there – starting to get concerned that something has happened? I’ve set up a spreadsheet for June, so don’t worry about having to do anything for me on that front. Hope everything is ok.

Onwards and downwards, together we are stronger. Go pocketeers and mountain climbers!!!!

Day 30
    West Midlands UK
    NFD

Day 30 – Cumbria UK – FD

Yesterday ended up definitely not being a controlled NFD – despite entering everything in MFP I still went overboard πŸ₯‚is the culprit leading to snacking after dinner……..

Today is another day – a firm press of that RESET button with a low cal FD – planning on lots of water, tea with a dash of skimmed milk and a glass of my homemade Raspberry Kefir before bed.

About to go out for a walk on the fells with a group of friend so a great way to start this FD – might get a bit of rain or it might hold off – does not really matter!

Will catch up with the posts this afternoon

Have a lovely day and stay strong whether doing a FD or NFD

Day 30, Germany, FD
    Yesterday and today I had some meditation before I got out of the bed. I am not sure but I guess it is helping me to stay calm and under control when it comes to dealing with food. I will continue some days to see if it’s really helpful.

@lilymartin @okeydokey thanks for your comments on my guilty feeling that I shared. I am thinking about what you said. Totally logical and right πŸ™‚

I cannot write more now. I’ll post again during the day.

Wish success for all of us πŸ™‚

Day 30 UK FD Just had a catch up of the weekends posts,so interesting reading the various ways you all find to make this work – inspiring !

See lots of holidays coming up @coda & @ciren2 Make sure you have a great time and we can take up the reins again on our return πŸ˜€

@fatrabbit Don’t get disheartened I think it does get much tougher as you get closer to your target

Pocketwinos – I’ll be thinking of you as I no doubt will be indulging ,just hoping to balance things out with a lot of walking

Day 30 FD

Day 2 of b2b2b.. yesterday went well… thinking of the pocketeers who are holding strong kept me on track!
    Only 2 days to go!

Day 30 : UK : 16:8

Scales slightly up this morning​ but going to continue the eating window experiment while I’m away as easier than eating separate to everyone else.

Day30 UK FD

Weekend away and not as bad food/drink wise as I had anticipated. Yesterday after getting back home was another matter! Went to carb heaven and didn’t eat anything remotely healthy so joining all the b2bers today and tomorrow to try to finish the month on a healthy high.

My goal for June will be quite low. We’re away from Saturday for the best part of 2 weeks down in Wales, so I know it will be really hard to keep to plan. Even though it’s not a proper holiday as lots of maintenance needed to the cottage it will feel like a holiday so we will no doubt go to the local scrummy cafes (gorgeous organic vegetarian food which is in no way low cal) and justify it with my usual excuse, “well we will be doing a lot of walking!” When we’re at the cottage is the only time I log my exercise on mfp to kid myself we’re not doing too bad!

Let’s see what Thurs morning brings- good luck to everyone fasting/not fasting/ maintaining- crack on!

Day 30: Hampshire, UK – NFD

Day 29 – FD
    Day 28 – NFD
    Day 27 – NFD

I stuck to my fasting day yesterday which is much harder on a bank holiday but I made it!!

Two week weight in was this morning, I am now 69.7kg which I’m very pleased with, 2.5kg loss in total and I only joined mid may.

Today is the 8 day countdown for my 28th birthday and holiday, if I can get to 68.5kg before my holiday, I’ll be over the moon!!!

Wish me luck…..

Day 30 – FD

My final fast day in May, will weigh in tomorrow! V challenging trying to fast whilst half term – I seem to do better when busy at work but will not let the side down 😊

Day 30 – UK – FD

@strawberriesandcream thanks for your confidence in me, I am not so sure, you lead well by example how you off set the fun family times with fast days, it makes so much sense.

@at thank you for your advice, sticking to the one meal per day (with alcohol) on those occasions that you just can’t avoid eating and drinking with friends. I don’t want to stand out as the boring one and this is a very good strategy to get going. So often in the past my ‘healthy’ eating days have been offset by a night out and it just gets you down and you give up as you are not making progress. I probably went too much over TDEE this past weekend, but I hope I keep learning and make better choices next time.

Almost there everyone, willing you all to keep strong and succeed.

Day 30…..Florida…… FD

Sorry guys about being a bit MIA this last couple days!
    But, I’m back! I’ll catch up all up later

Chin up Princess…. your crown is slipping!

London | Day 30 | NFD

Apologies for the long silence. I had some bad news about my exam on Friday – I failed it! It was a tough exam, so although I’m not all together surprised, I’m very disappointed with my self πŸ™
    I have to retake it now in September. The news put a bit bit of a damper on the long bank holiday weekend.
    On top of that, We’ve had the sad news about the floods in Sri Lanka at the moment. Hundreds dead and nearly half a million displaced! OH’s cousin has a charity which helps disadvantaged children in Sri Lanka – they’re getting together to help out as much as they can. So we’re sending some funds over for clean water/food/clothes /medicine etc.
    So, all I managed to get done was quite a lot of housework (found that very therapeutic) and bills etc.
    It’s been NFDs throughout, not very bad ones (considering!) but could have been better. I did a yoga class on Sunday and got 3 planned for this week.

I’ll finish updating the spread sheet and post further details tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well. All the best with FDs/NFDs.

Day 30, Gozo Malta, nfd

Snowflakes 56 incidentally my daughter who is a specialist in diabetes and endecrimology had a 30 year old patient yesterday whose father wanted her to sign for a drug before she’d even seen the patient. Which ofcorse she couldn’t do. But the father started shouting and after seeing him she signed but he has to see someone else next time because she’s refusing to see him. Don’t bother with bad experiences just remember the normal grateful patients.

Nfd for me. Happy Tuesday everyone

2nd post

Today is not my day! Not only is cruella against me but Nala rabbit leaned out of her hutch and bit through my head phone cable while I was cleaning out her hutch and then while I was cleaning out another one a bee stung my forehead and then several of them rounded me up and chased me away:( I expect that later Magic and Jolly will have a big fight and it will bucket down just as I am bedding the hutches and the fat fairy will send me off on another binge….

Day 30, London UK, FD – bad cold all bank holiday weekend
    Day 29, NFD – bad cold
    Day 28, NFD – bad cold
    Day 27, NFD – bad cold
    Day 26, NFD

Almost at the end of the month – 2lbs lost. That’s ok. 2lb loss a month is ok if that’s what it’s going to be, as long as it’s a loss. 30lbs to go to target weight – that’s 15 months – summer next year. That will be good, but I’ll target 1lb a month, so 1 stone loss by next year’s holiday.

I’m going to do 3 days B2B2B now in the hope that those last 2lbs (down to 14 stone) will come off before my holiday next week.

Day 30 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Good CD yesterday. I keep remembering you all and your support when temptations charge into my life. Maintenance does seem to allow me a splurge day every so often, even once a week, as long as I keep the others as good CD’s.

@pissupoosa – so sorry for your sad news on your exam. It’s hard to take bad news that seems like it should have been under our control. Doesn’t having taken it once help with the next go round though?

@fatrabbit – your critters just do what they want at times, don’t they? Try to be strong and not let them send you to a binge!

@strawberriesandcream – this orange azalea is the only one left of 4 that a landscaper put in about 15 years ago. The others must not have liked their location is all I can guess, even after I moved them (but they were ailing when I did). I have a fuchsia rhododendron now that bloomed beautifully in mid April in its first year. Yes, flowering shrubs can bring such joy.

Onward and downward.

Day 30 Australia FD

Day 2 b2b2b
    Had a lower calorie fd today as planned. Think I stayed pretty close to my quarter tdee which I was impressed with as I was invited out for lunch. So kept it at that for the day apart from two little pieces of pinapple when the kids were eating it. Planning for another water only fd tomorrow hopefully as a great end to the month. Just have to stay out of temptations way!

You are all doing so well, @happymargo great job with the zero calorie fd on Monday! I did the same thing and hasn’t since last year. It is super empowering as I find it hard ahead of time to feel that I can do it!

@pissupoosa sorry to hear about your exam and about all the flooding in Sri Lanka. What a hard time for you.

@fatrabbit you poor thing! What a shocking day you are having. I hope it improves and that tomorrow is much better.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,051 through 2,100 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.