May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,001 through 2,050 (of 2,272 total)

• 2nd post. Thanks @flourbaby. Exuse my rambling post coming up!

After the dog walk, for some reason I decided to log this morning’s weight on the tracker (I normally log it on a Monday) and I was struck by the shape of the curve for my chart. It seems to have a plateau every 3 weeks…

In my first week I dropped from 106.5kg to 102.7kg – a drop of 3.8kg. At this stage it looks like the body sensed a famine and the defences went up. Week 2 only delivered a measly 0.2kg! However, as I kept on keeping on, the body packed up its defences for 3 weeks and fell back to a new “normal” level to defend. So I had a great 3 week period where I lost a total of 5kg. And then I hit the body’s new “fat defense”. Week 6 again had terrible return for my efforts at 0.2kg!

So that was the 6 weeks from March 20 to May 1, and the start of this challenge. The first 3 weeks of the May challenge have had the odd up and down, but the chart doesn’t lie. Over that 3 week period I lost an impressive (even if I do say so myself) 5.7kg, to take me down to 91.6kg.

I think starting to wear my Fitbit on May 1st has encouraged me to move about a bit more. It has also shown me that my resting pulse rate has dropped from 66 to 61 over the month, so my fitness level has improved.

And that took me to the beginning of week 10, which if my theory is correct, is a plateau / re-adjustment week for my body. This morning I was up 0.4kg on the week, but hopefully my 4th FD of the week will deliver a plateau week reduction of 0.2kg overall.

And then I’ll be in the sun filled uplands of another 3 week, fat losing run. Either that, or I’m talking rubbish, but at least it makes me feel better about things today ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great Sunday people!

Day 28 – Cumbria UK – NFD

After yesterday afternoon’s thunderstorms and rain the sun has come out to play again although slightly cooler than yesterday – the flowers in the garden, especially the roses are starting to look amazing with some wonderful scents from the old fashioned roses…….

A very controlled NFD yesterday – came in under TDEE despite 2 glasses of a wonderful rose with dinner last night.
    I’m on Day 4 of my trial week of using MPF – coming in below TDEE on NFD and well below 500cals for FD…… I’m trying to eat what I normally would do but maybe knowing I’m inputting everything that passes my lips is also playing a part?????? I don’t think that I will continue with the MPF after the end of this challenge but it has confirmed that my idea of calories consumed is generally on target. This matches up with the fact that I have maintained at below my target weight since December 2016.

Been out for an early morning walk already this morning ended up with coffee and cake at our favourite local cafe reading the Sunday papers

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend

“The secret of being HAPPY is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.”

@krisnia — my gosh! That definitely sounds like a “not great week.” ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Whoa! Hope your seizures are under control & you’re on the mend! Take care!

Pocketeers for B2B2B โ€“ Days 29, 30, 31 โ€“ add your name and re-post, so we can end May / start June on a roll!!!

@flourbaby
    @loubelles
    @lynzm
    @scs
    @okeydokey
    @strawberriesandcream
    @happymargo

I’ll actually only be able to Fast on Tuesday & Wednesday (since we already have plans for the Monday holiday.). But I’d like to finish out May on a strong note & maybe even a touch of downward progress!

Day 28 UK NFD ๐ŸŒˆ

Getting ready for my big three day push tommorrow and trying not to overeat today.

Drink water, slowly, been more tea and coffee today as it’s a little cold. Gym soon.

Keep on keeping on ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป

Day 28 Australia NFD

Very frustrated with myself this evening. Started the day so well, have been doing great back doing 16:8 everyday then after dinner continued to eat junk I didn’t need! Also not having anywhere near enough water. So tomorrow 3 litres just to get myself back in to it and at least 2 litres each day after that!
    Looking forward to my b2b2b starting tomorrow. @flourbaby very happy to join the pocketeers, thanks for adding me, can use all the support and help I can get. Feeling much more motivated after reading everyone else’s posts tonight too.
    @bigviking seems to make a lot of sense to me your regular plateau pattern. To have lost 5.7kgs this month is huge! Even if you do end up slightly up this week your average is fantastic!

Day 28 Newcastle UK FD.

Day 28 – USA – NFD

Finally, a proper fast day yesterday and also under 500 cals! Weight today .4 lb. less than last week. I’ll take it. @jarbia, so sorry for your circumstances; hope you get home safe and sound soon. @fatrabbit, I empathize about the trees; I have a neighbor who took a wooded lot and literally vaporized almost every tree on it…it’s her property, of course, but it affected our views, the heat in our yard, chicken coops. @fordprefect, I respectfully disagree, but in my opinion, the current occupant of the White House has more good points to his leadership than the former.

Day 28 – USA (UT to IL) – NFD

Traveling home today. It’s been a wonderful time here with daughter and granddaughters, but time to head back. I’m anxious to get on my home scale, but feel confident that I’ve stayed under my 160# maintenance as clothes all are still very good. The gym scale has been pretty kind here.

Getting excited to meet @coda and @chitowngirl in a short while in Chicago!

Onward and downward!

Day 28: UK : NFD

Travelling all morning so haven’t actually broken my fast, but away from home for the week now and guests at a BBQ so will see how the rest of the day goes. More water needed still.

Day 28, late, FD country west Australia
    well, yesterday’s FD …wasn’t. I kept under TDEE but not under 500 calories. Just got the munchies after all the gardening and ate more than anticipated.
    However… today is a true blue, dinky di, ridgy-didge FD !!! Under 500 calories even when I went to lunch with my sisters and they ate roast pork and I ate scrambled eggs sans cream, so feeling VERY virtuous. And if the scales don’t show a decrease tomorrow morning I shall thrash them a la John Cleese in Fawlty Towers and his mini.
    @jarbia, so sorry to hear about your holiday. I saw the pictures on this evening’s news and it looks horrendous. I think everyone in the whole WORLD knows what I think of technology !!!!!!!!!
    @krisnia, so sorry to hear about your medical ordeal. Glad you are on the improve.
    Hope this coming week is a better week than last week on the international arena.
    As for this WOL, I too will try to give it a big push towards the end of May but thinking/hoping June is better. ( I believe I said that at the end of March…. and April…. as well!!)

Day 28 – NFD

Good luck to those going for the big push tomorrow!!!

Signed up for June’s challenge after a great first month of this WOL – made easier by the supporters/contributors on this thread ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 28 Lancaster, PA US NFD 800

Had 1/4 cup of cottage cheese with 2 tblspoons of blueberry yogurt. After all the FD’s this month, a bit of yoghurt and cottage cheese, my body is thanking me. I’m looking at a 800 NFD for today.
    @bigviking Keep watching those patterns. I think you might have something. If you keep on consistently you will learn about the timing of the plateaus and how to easier get through them. Success is on the other side of plateaus. ๐Ÿ˜Š I haven’t found a pattern for me accept to keep on even if it is losing 3 lbs for this week after a 2 week plateau. I know wine, rum, simple sugar, carbs will each be a cause of a plateau for me. When I am able to get back to running/ aerobic dance classes… that might not be the case. 1 drink might not be a problem.
    @at I love that “The secret of being Happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most of every day.” Thanks for sharing that.๐Ÿ˜Š

@at -I use the free version of MFP and continually track my calories and carbs. If you can just have that, it’s a good tool to check a day’s intake IMHO.

Day 28 USA-WA NFD
    Thanks so much for the support. I’ve actually been able to go out and run yesterday and today, which felt awesome. Going to go for a controlled NFD again and build up my strength a bit more.

Day 28– Colorado (3rd post) — NFD

All this talk about MFP has convinced me to get back on my “Lose It” app. Easiest way to track my calories, and nutrient ratios. I’ve gotten much too slack lately, thinking I could simply “eyeball” my food portions. That’s honestly NOT working! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Inputting my foods into Lose It the last few days has been eye opening. I’ll think to myself, “Hm, feel like I ate pretty well today.” Then Lose It reveals I actually blew clear past my TDEE.
    So this explains my lack of progress. ๐Ÿ˜ง Shocker! (Haha.)

Day 28 UK NFD

Happy to add my name to the B2B2B fasters for the last 3 days of the month! Need a big final push…. Good luck to everyone for the end of the May challenge…

Day 28 – SW WA USA – NFD

Long travel day yesterday and made good choices. Then enjoyed the personal pizza with my family. It was special to witness my brother & father reunite after a stretch of estrangement. My brother is at a healthier place & my father felt it was time to welcome him home.

Today is the 90th birthday celebration for Dad.

Day 28, Germany, NFD
    Today I ate a lot and I feel guilty :-/ fortunately tomorrow is a fast day. Going for a b2b2b.

here I add my name to
    Pocketeers for B2B2B โ€“ Days 29, 30, 31
    @schatziii
    @flourbaby
    @loubelles
    @lynzm
    @scs
    @okeydokey
    @strawberriesandcream
    @happymargo

Bombed badly during May. It was triggered by some who was raving about my weight loss. Not just a passing comment – but quite a “to do”. Very uncomfortable and awkward.

Haven’t dared look at the scales. I already know that the body has expanded.

Will get my act together for June.

Day 28 Belfast NFD.
    Thank you Okeydokey. I shall continue to make my vegetable soup I think. Have made several batches of natural yogurt, all of which were successful and very simple. No fancy equipment. I use a good natural yogurt to start and full fat milk. My last batch didn’t work at all. I’m not sure why.
    http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Natural-Yogurt-in-a-Thermos
    @fordprefect, occupants of houses in lofty heights often dont reflect the honest and aspirational views of the masses. Don’t apologise.
    Oh Jarbia, how sad! I’m guessing you got caught up In that nonsense at Heathrow. I hope that the rest of your week makes up for the shaky start. I’m sorry I have no car seats to loan to you
    @at. sadly I’m working too hard at making the most of every day. Fallen off the wagon and it’s out of sight…..
    Big wedding tomorrow so another day of indulgence. Then it’s on the treadmill in earnest. Onwards and ….upwards? Oh no!

Day 27 Florida USA NFD
    Day 28 Florida USA NFD It’s been a challenge to stay under TDEE with a dinner party last night and a trip to the beach today. At least I swam yesterday and rode bike to the beach. One more day this Holiday weekend and then a FD again! Weigh-in the day after that. Somewhere over the ๐ŸŒˆ is my ideal weight.

Day 28, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Today’s weight 142.8, below goal weight of 145.

Survived the storms last night, hope the same for my fellow Midwestern posters.

Spent the day doing yard work, picking up sticks, mowing, messing with my flower beds – had a wonderful time. Ham and beans were simmering all day, will make some nice hot cornbread and we will relax and eat on the patio and enjoy the beautiful yard.

Strawberry shortcake for dessert !!!!!!!!!

First, I shall hit the exercise room while hubby showers – then later take a hot bubble bath.

To your health, all.

Day 28 US FD
    I calculated my cals on Lose it! 397 for the day.
    @fordprefect cooked up some zuchini, squash, grilled shrimp, with tomato sauce … we had the shirataki noodles … no carbs, no sugar, no cals.
    The vegs were so filling … I only had 1 bite of the shirataki noodles. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Yesterday I walked 10,000 steps and today 7,560 steps… my left knee muscles and Tibia, is healing getting stronger.

@debster251 @booper.dooper and I will be giving the yoghurt a try. I’m looking forward to making it. Thanks for sharing.โœจ
    @triplet sorry to hear about the very awkward and uncomfortable comment made. Don’t let that person’s comment get you down. I’m glad to see you back here with us.โœจ

โœจTogether we are Strongerโœจ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 29 Country West Australia possible FD 72.9 kgs
    yesterday’s FD went so well and I woke this morning not feeling hungry so keeping the fast going as long as I can. Drinking plenty of water – that always helps.
    I have also taken up the knitting needles again!
    It’s a triple win. My hands are occupied so I don’t eat . The squares I am knitting will be made into a rug for charity ( it’s getting colder here in Oz.) AND I am finally making inroads into the mountain of wool I have accumulated over the years.
    I am a ‘closet ‘ fabric/ wool buyer. I adore the colour of some balls of wool and the feel and look of some fabrics …. Lets just say that if I sew and knit every day until I am 150 I might make a slight dent in said mountain.
    Re the mountain of weight loss, still plodding along on the rocky route.
    @annemarilyn, so happy about your father and brother’s reunion, also your dad’s 90th birthday – quite a milestone. One of the saddest things I hear from people is when they have been estranged from family members and the regret and sadness that can bring to all concerned.
    @happymargo and @songbirdme I find that tracking is the only thing that works properly for me. I am not planning on doing it forever ( though it feels like it at times!) but until November 2017 I plan to keep tracking regularly because I just find I am not a reliable guesstimator.
    @debster – life happens! Enjoy the wedding.
    @schatziii – don’t feel guilty. Food is food is food. Some we should eat less of, some more of. Some days we should eat less and so it goes.
    Food nourishes us and we need it. I suggest we shouldn’t feel guilty about food or the amount we consume. Guilt can lead to derailment faster than just about anything.
    And hey, the wagon’s not out of sight – we’re simply resting the horses just around the corner.
    Go well all.๐Ÿ™ƒ

Day 29 country West Australia possible FD 72.9 kgs.
    Yesterday’s FD went so well and I woke not feeling hungry so am planning to keep the fast going as long as I can. Drinking plenty of water helps.
    Have taken up the knitting needles again! This is a triple win.
    It keeps my hands occupied so I don’t eat. The squares I am knitting will go to make up a rug for charity
    ( it’s getting colder here in Oz) AND it is making a dent in the mountain of wool and fabric I have accumulated over the years.
    I admit to being a ‘closet’ wool/fabric buyer. I love the colours of some balls of wool and the feel and look of some fabrics…. Let’s just say that if I sew and knit every day until I am 150 I might make a slight dent in said mountain.
    Re weight mountain I am still plodding along on the rocky route.
    @annemarilyn, so happy to hear of your father and brother’s reconciliation, and your father’s 90th – quite a milestone. One of the saddest things I hear from people who have been estranged from family members is the regret and sadness felt by all concerned.
    @happymargo and @songbirdme, I find crunching the numbers is really the only thing that keeps me on track. I don’t plan to count calories forever ( though it sometimes feels like it! ), just until November 2017 but I have found that I am simply not a reliable guesstimator.
    @schatziii – food is food is food. I suggest you don’t feel guilty about it . Some foods we should eat less of, some more of. Sometimes we should eat less etc. It is simply food. Food nourishes us. Guilt can be the fastest way of making us give up.
    @debster – life happens! Enjoy the wedding.
    And hey, the wagon’s not out of sight – we’re simply resting the horses just around the corner.
    Go well all.๐Ÿ™ƒ

Day 29 UK NFD

181lbs. Another failed fast. Gave into temptation and had an extra bowl of yoghurt with a chopped chili and nuts and seeds on it. Broke my eating window and am paying for it on the scales this morning. It is a bit unnerving how I an gain weight by eating barely more than half my TDEE. I can’t have had more than 1100 calories yesterday and TDEE is supposed to be over 2000. Still it was more a psychological temptation than a hunger one. I was tired and wanted something nice. I just can’t get away with that. There are plenty of other nice things to do than fill my face. Eating is over so fast and leaves such undesirable results behind that it simply needs to be for nutritional purposes only. I should have just had a cup of cinnamon tea.

Unfortunately Jolly and Magic seem to have had a bit of a scuffle overnight. There is rather a lot of Jolly’s fur scattered about:( He looked fairly cheerful though so I haven’t separated them yet. Maybe they still have a chance. Rabbits can be very awkward! They are not the sweet fluffy blobs they are reputed to be.

Day 29, UK, NFD

Weekly weigh-in @ 91.8 kg. Up 0.2kg on the week, following 4x 0 kcal FDs. Down 12 lb / 5.5 kg for May, so still need to eliminate 2 lb / 0.9 kg before June to hit my target.

Day 26, 27, 28, 29 – UK – NFD’s

Well I went away on a girls break and really enjoyed myself. I was so much happier than I would have been if I had not started 4 weeks ago as I was able to wear nice clothes that I haven’t been able to fit into for a while.

I consciously decided to eat and drink whatever everyone else was having, knowing I would come straight back today and be strong again. It is quiet hard as I am out again tonight for a birthday party. It’s funny to think, I am almost annoyed that I can’t do my fast days at the moment, as I just love the results, I was getting on the scales. I will do FD tomorrow and Wednesday and hopefully offset the damage caused, really looking forward to getting into better shape and going for it in the coming months with the support of this wonderful forum.

Good luck to everyone

Day 29
    West Midlands UK
    FD

Day 29 Belfast NFD

Day 29 Newcastle UK FD.
    Yesterday’s FD was a disaster first time that’s happened try again today.
    Weight 192lbs
    Waist 38″
    Hight 38.5″
    Chest 41.5″
    Neck 16″
    Happy to be down 1lb last two weeks have been tough.

Hip 38.5″ not height lol

Day 29/FD/Melbourne Australia

Successful fast day completed. First in ages!

Adding myself to the Pocketeers. Launching myself into a successful June.

Pocketeers for B2B2B โ€“ Days 29, 30, 31
    @schatziii
    @flourbaby
    @loubelles
    @lynzm
    @scs
    @okeydokey
    @strawberriesandcream
    @happymargo
    @onahealthyhigh

Thank you for the kefir advice @at and @debster.

Have a great day everyone. Onwards and Downwards

Day29, Newcastle UK, FD (first of B2B2B)

We enjoyed having family visit yesterday and took them out for Sunday lunch when we all had a main course and dessert plus drinks. It was a treat to have yorkshire puddings and two small roast potatoes with my beef followed by the deep filled apple pie with a small scoop of ice cream. I am definitely not feeling guilty. Nor would I want to eat like that on a regular basis. This WOE has really changed my mindset and works so well because of its flexibility. Apart from a small handful of nuts yesterday evening that is the only meal I had/needed.
    I still feel my experiment of not counting calories (nor have I been on the scales since last weekend) is working well. I am judging myself by how my clothes fit and I’m comfortably back into my UK size 8s (4 blouses that I love so much I’ve hung on to them for 6 years and haven’t been able to wear for at least the last 4). However, after 4 days with three meals out and an excess of wine on Saturday night, I am well aware that I have to buckle down and achieve 3 fast days to negate any upsizing that might otherwise occur. Unlike last week I’m determined not to let down my fellow pocketeers (and mountain climbers).

@Imrenfrey – I hope you have a lovely week away. Typical British weather for half term – hope it improves.
    @annemarilyn – ditto @lilymartin‘s comments – a lovely story to hear – thanks for sharing.
    @Schatzii – There is no need to feel guilty at all. You know that with this WOL you can have your cake and eat it – within reason.
    @triplet – in my experience there are people who feel threatened when they see others succeed where they may not be doing so well. Their comments usually need interpreting. So ‘my goodness, you’ve lost loads of weight, in fact you’re looking a bit thin/gaunt and losing all your womanly curves’ actually translates as ‘Shit – I’m as jealous as hell, you look fantastic!!’. Just ignore them and do what you feel is right for you.
    @yolina – glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. You sound totally in control and have quickly embraced this WOL.
    @steve toon taxi driver – that’s life – I hope you enjoyed your day – you are doing so well.
    @lindasue – pleased you didn’t didn’t suffer any storm damage. Sounds like the most idyllic day.

Well the rain has now slowed to a steady down pour! That pile of post holiday ironing is calling my name…. Have a good day whatever you do.

Day 29, London UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

Calling all fellow pocketeers,

Today we start this mini challenge, united, holding hands, snuggling in each otherโ€™s pockets, know that youโ€™ll be on my mind and even when Iโ€™m finding this FD easy (wishful thinking!!) Iโ€™ll be sending my excess motivation your way!!!!!
    Today may be a national holiday, but itโ€™s just ONE day, I can and will fast because I want to and Iโ€™m pretty sure I can make a minor sacrifice considering I was in FULL holiday mode at Xmas and Easter!!!!!!

We HAVE got this!!!!!!

I hope Iโ€™ve collected all the pocketeers along the way!!

Pocketeers for B2B2B โ€“ Days 29, 30, 31 โ€“ add your name and re-post, so we can end May / start June on a roll!!!

@flourbaby
    @loubelles
    @lynzm
    @scs
    @okeydokey
    @strawberriesandcream
    @happymargo (B2B โ€“ days 30 & 31)
    @mia139
    @schatziii
    @onahealthyhigh

Onward & Downward!!!!

“The only place you find success before work is in the dictionary.” โˆ’ May V. Smith

Melbourne
    Day 23 16:8 NFD
    Day 24 16:8 FD
    Day 25 16:8 NFD
    Day 26 16:8 NFD
    Day 27 16:8 NFD
    Day 28 16:8 NFD
    Day 29 16:8 FD

Not keeping up with posts at all atm, sorry! Still maintaining, had a wobbly day yesterday, with 3 meals. I think I will bow out for June re posting and pick up again later in the year. Will post finals in a couple of days.

Day 29 UK FD ๐ŸŒˆ

First day of B2B2B. Final push for me and the pocketeers. Determined! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐ŸปKeep busy. Keep on keeping on.

Drowning the dragon should help ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ’ฆgood luck all, have my faith in you all.

Day 29 Notts UK BSD

Hi everyone, sorry not to have posted for the last few days. Really needed to regroup/rethink my tactics. Stupid eating over last few days shot my blood sugar up 2 points – so disappointed with myself. SO! picked myself up, dusted myself off and am starting all over again. Have decided to use a fitness app (MFP seems to be popular) even though I really loathe and detest calorie counting – but clearly I am not getting things quite right and maybe it will also help me keep my head in the right place.

Bon chance to everyone for weigh ins for end of May and onwards and downwards into June.

Day 29 Maine FD

Thank you @flourbaby for adding me to the pocketeers for the final May push! I took yesterday as a prequel to the big 3 b2b2b….did pretty well – about 600 calories & stopped eating at 4 pm. I plan on doing much better these last 3 days – I will drink plenty of water (love the thought of “drowning the dragon” @linzM) & close the kitchen by 7:00 pm each nite. It’s only 3 days & I need to feel empowered!

Off to check out 200 plus rooms of probably cranky guests – not one ray of sunshine yesterday & very cool temps. No rain, tho, so maybe people will be ok. Always So interesting the list of complaints people present at check out!

Make it a successful day everybody!

Day 29 Australia FD

Day 1 of b2b2b and feeling great. Have completed a zero calorie day (haven’t managed that for ages) and have drunk my planned 3 litres of water. So great to be doing this with a lovely group. Am planning to eat within my fd limits tomorrow and if feeling up to it doing Wednesday another water only fd to see the month out. But I’ll see how I feel on Wednesday.
    Good luck pocket group we can all do this together.

Day 29 UK FD

First of b2b2b! All well so far…. well it is only 1pm! Been to the gym and now enjoying a cup of tea.. where would be be without our tea, ! Loved @flourbaby description of this mini challenge… holding hands and snuggling in pockets… it certainly does help to feel so supported . I hope that we all achieve our goals for the end of May and if not as wished, that we carry on with fresh resolve in June!

Day 29 Oman NFD

2nd post

For anyone following the Magic and Jolly saga they are now in a pet carrier together sitting at the bottom of my bed. The idea being that in a strange environment they will turn to each other for comfort and form a bond rather than see each other as enemies. I am upstairs because I am feeling the belated effects of my garden creation the other day. Being locked in a shed is a less painful method, although lacking the long term benefits. They have relaxed and are now lying pressed together. Magic even washed Jolly’s face which is a really good sign as bonded rabbits do a lot of mutual grooming. I just gave them a nice juicy pear which they shared quute amicably too so I am hopeful that this will work.

I am sitting here wondering if it is time to change the way I am doing things. I no longer have so much weight to lose so perhaps I could just do a more standard version of 5/2 and continue banishing the pounds more slowly. I am having more abandoned fasts as time goes on but I don’t want to risk the downwards trend reversing. Maybe that will be a good experiment for June, aim at half the reduction. Of course it is tempting to continue and to reach a healthy BMI asap. I do still have a long way to go to my ultimate goal. Decisions decisions…

Day 29 USA-WA FD

Day 29 – USA (Illinois) -NFD

Home safe and sound.All is well here except for very long grass that will get mowed today once some morning showers pass. I am ever so glad I didn’t miss the blooming of my favorite orange azalea in the front of the house. It was laden with huge blooms before I left, and the blooming cycle is fairly short. But it looks gorgeous this morning, as do the peonies around the yard. Then again, there are a lot more weeds than there ought to be, so my work is cut out for me.

YEAH for the scale too! It showed 157.8 this morning, under my maintenance of 160. I had thought I might need to do a FD today, but will just do a good CD.

I will try to catch up with all your news and posts later today. Looks like people are managing pretty well. Yeah!

Onward and downward.

Day 29 – Cumbria UK – ?FD ?NFD

Had a very mindful eating weekend – is this related to my trial of using the MFP APP for the last week of this challenge? Pocket winos ๐Ÿทyou’ll be pleased to hear that this included 1/2 a bottle on Sat and Sun night!
    Not sure what today will be yet???? Went out for brunch with OH and consumed most of my 500cals but may well go on with water/tea only for the rest of the day…….will report back later. If not today then tomorrow will be a FD before last weigh in for the month on Wednesday 31st.

After the gorgeous weather yesterday – rain today……….was planning for another session in the garden this afternoon but now catching up on the posts on the forum instead.

@bert1802 – are you OK? not heard from you for a few days????
    @annemarilyn – glad to hear your Dad’s 90th went well and that your brother and Dad found a way to overcome their differences – life is too precious not to!
    @krisnia – ๐Ÿค—glad to hear you are now over the worst of your recent health scare
    @debster251 – ๐Ÿทwe all do every now and then ๐Ÿ˜‰
    @snowflake56 – is the “S” back? hope you are keeping well otherwise x
    @okeydokey – great will power holding out for that ๐Ÿธuntil the June wedding and you are welcome – it’s one of my favourite quotes – a good motto for life methinks!
    @jarbia – I feel for you – hope you got to Northern Ireland OK after your traumas at Heathrow – all so frustrating
    @lilymartin – love your reference to Fawlty Towers ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    @songbirdme – Agree I’m using the free version of MFP too – I’m interested in the psychological effect it may have on my eating/drinking……..
    @triplet – as others have said you are doing this WOL for you and people who feel threatened when they see others succeed do try to get you down – ignore them and do what you think is good for you x
    @yolina – Remember that it’s OK not to eat/drink what everyone is – you can choose what makes you happy and satisfied and still join in with friends! I often follow 24:4 days when out with friends for an evening and stick to a starter and main or main and pudding with low carb choices but enjoy the ๐Ÿทand finds that this allows me to stay within my TDEE more or less……
    @tillysmum – you can do this – good for picking yourself up and getting back in the saddle

I am STRONGER than any EXCUSE – I am the only person who has control over my eating habits. I can always resist something if I CHOOSE to. BUT remember that life if full of compromise and that applies to your WOE too!

Day 26 – NFD – Toronto
    Day 27 – NFD – Toronto
    Day 28 – NFD – Toronto

[Went out of town to hang out with my little niece and had a wonderful time! It was a sunny weekend and we went for walks, played in splash pads and ate lots of ice cream. Likely went over TDEE on some days!]

Day 29 – FD – Toronto

Last week of May! I have a FD planned for today and Wednesday to finish the month of. I already know I won’t be hitting my May goal but am still hoping to finish the month with some loss. Good luck to everyone else fasting today ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 29: UK : 16:8

Yesterday I ate in about a 6 hour window, and kept below TDEE so as I’m away I think rather than trying to do 500 cal fast days today and tomorrow or Wednesday I’m going to try and keep my eating to an 8 hour window to incorporate lunch and evening meal and then I don’t need to count so much.

Scales were kind this morning, although not mine, so weight is 77.9kg. I don’t have a tape today. Might find one by the end of challenge.

Day 29, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Todays’ weight 143.8, below goal weight of 145.

Memorial Day, God Bless America, Land of the Free Because of the Brave

Is there a link for a June Challenge?

I’m sorry I’ve only been a very intermittent visitor and not kept up with things at all.
    I am away on our Holy-Land trip for 10 days during June but hope (oh SO much) to be back de-stressed and therefore re-committed to the 5:2 life style.
    Boy do I need it!

Viewing 50 posts - 2,001 through 2,050 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.