May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,751 through 1,800 (of 2,272 total)

• Day 23 – SW WA USA – NFD

Had a successful liquid FD yesterday. Working on a controlled NFD today.

I appreciate the thoughts of folks on this forum regarding the evil perpetrated in Manchester. @allsmiles, yes, reaching out to those around us is important. Nobody really wants to be invisible. Everyone needs love.

@lumat – what’s a pizzetta? A little pizza?

@bert1802 – Hooray for your son! Enjoy the celebration!

@okeydokey – you amaze me at how many FDs you can do. I felt I was getting a little weary with a couple of weeks of 5 days B2B so am changing it up a bit this week.

@scs yes, I bet you will be holding your granddaughter a little closer.

Day 23, Gozo Malta, Nfd

My thoughts and prayers for relatives and friends of those who died in Manchester. May those who died Rest In Peace.
    Also prayers for those who remained hurt in the attack.

Good night everyone.

Day 23 St. Louis USA FD
    Second day of back to back. Doing OK so far.

Still feeling so sad. So much loss in so many places.

London | day 23 | NFD

A sad day indeed… It’s sickening to see how heartless people can be πŸ™ My thoughts are with the people in Manchester…
    FD turned to NFD oops!
    Still unpacking and cleaning from the weekend trip. Will get back to my yoga routine from tomorrow.
    Good night all xx

Day 23, UK, NFD
    Day 22, UK, FD

Didn’t realise I had forgotten to post status yesterday. News from Manchester knocked me off course. πŸ˜ͺ

Australia Day 24 NFD – apologies @pissupoosa for dropping off the face of the earth. Did I warn anyone that I was going overseas for two weeks? I don’t think I did because I was confident that I could keep posting while travelling. Well clearly I was wrong! We were in the US – went to Washington for the weekend, then a couple of days at a conference in a small town near Baltimore, and then a week in New York. It was fabulous but – yes, you guessed it – not a single FD or AFD in that time! However we walked for a solid 5-6 hours a day wanting to visit and see everything, and actually lost weight! I returned to Australia to cook all the tasty things we had been eating in the US and jetlag has meant I am too tired at night to cook/eat sensibly but my appetite has definitely dropped while I was away so I am making some good but small changes which I hope I can continue. Hope everyone is going well.

Brunei
    Day 19 NFD
    Day 20 NFD
    Day 21 NFD
    Day 22 FD
    Day 23 NFD
    Day 24 FD

So despite dropping the ball with posting I actually had a really successful fast day on Monday and hoping for another one today. I had under 300 cals on Monday (a coconut water, some veggie sticks and some cauliflower rice with garlic and chili and and egg cooked through it, “fried” with a few sprays of oil to make a kind of cauliflower fried rice. A tasty and satisfying plate of food for 200 cals (mainly the oil and the egg).

On the scales on Tuesday morning and I got 58.5 so I’m happy with that. I have another week to shake 0.5 kilos. Also, with Ramadhan about to start here, I think I’ll be able to have good NFDs in June as well as 1-2 true fast days per week. On my NFDs in June I could basically fast until the afternoon and eat a healthy meal in the evenings. Good intentions anyway!
    Onward and downward everyone!

Day 24 country West Australia FD

Thoughts and prayers to those in the UK.
    The beautiful thing about the 5:2 lifestyle is that it cuts across beliefs, creeds, cultures and is all-embracing.
    We all help each other and are supportive no matter where in the world we are or where we come from.
    Hug those you love today, tell them you love them.
    Peace to all.
    Love WILL win over hate – EVERY time.

Day 24 | Sydney Australia | NFD

Starting Weight:
    99.7kg

Today’s Weight:
    97.5kg

This week’s loss:
    0.7kg

Total loss:
    2.1kg

YAY! I lost 0.7kg this week. really proud of myself! need to keep it up for next week and I will have achieved my May Challenge goal!

Day 24 Newcastle πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ FD.
    My thoughts are with all who have been caught up in the Manchester bombing and all the other atrocities around the world over the last few years so so sad.

Day 24 UK NFD. 183.6

Day 24 UK FD 🌈

Gonna try for another FD. (As Monday was slightly over, feel it wasn’t a true FD) also keeping on the momentum. Busy day today, I can do it, keeping on.

Would like to mention since drinking water – as much as I can in a day (which is nowhere near the recommended amount) however I am definitely less hungry, bonus. Also someone else mentioned the affect on their skin, I am finding this too, double bonus, and it doesn’t take long to notice the affects. Try it – drown that dragon πŸ’¦πŸ².

πŸ‘«πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘«πŸ‘¬πŸ‘­β€οΈ

Day 24
    West Midlands UK
    NFD

DAY 24 – UK – FD

@coda – what a lovely idea! However, as we are with family and the grandchildren I have no idea what our plans will be yet and can’t commit to any meeting. However, if DH and I decide to return alone at a future time that would be great.

Had a lovely time at Chelsea, and raring to change every aspect of my garden…..again…(I say that every year!).

We arrived slightly early to join the queue and decided I needed the loo!! The public loos just outside the show grounds (but still in the confines of the Chelsea Barracks) were closed because of the “terror threat” – feeling desperate (all that fd extra water) I asked a red coated Chelsea pensioner where the nearest loos were, he promptly took me by the arm, led me into the private confines of the Barracks and directed me to a “private private” – believe it or not he had a strong Northern Irish accent, was really lovely and was delighted when I told him I was visiting his home country. So every aspect of our day was memorable.

Day 24, Newcastle UK, NFD

My FD’s are not happening this week but they are controlled NFDs. Not going to put pressure on myself as my 16:8/two meals a day/loads of fresh fruit (after a lifetime of being told to limit it) routine, is working well and my downsizing is progressing in the right direction.

@happymargo – you’re right – we all use this thread to support our goals, in whatever way suits us best. No pressure or guilt necessary, at all.
    @hannahwatto – welcome back from what sounds like a very positive vacation on all fronts!
    @dellska – congratulations on your results so far, you must be feeling good.

Keep on keeping on with all aspects of life – Together we’re Stronger.

Day 24 UK FD – OK trying to be mindful for the last week of the challenge, I’m beginning to think maybe this is the weight I’m meant to be ? Going on holiday next week so want to try and get a bit of wiggle room

@hannahwatto – welcome back,sounds great !

Day 24, Hampshire UK, NFD

Big praise to all those doing water fasts!!

I had been aiming to do 3 x 800 16:8 this week.

However on my 800 FD, I got to 475 cals (by 430pm – aaggh!) and decided that I should just stick with that. Otherwise I would have been stuffing in the remaining 300 calories just because I was compelled to eat within a window which was closing at 515pm.

So I was very hungry in bed last night and at the time felt that I didn’t sleep well.

However, even when I think I haven’t slept well due to being restlessly hungry, in fact I find that ultimately I can jump out of bed at 06:15 feeling well and rested and full of energy for the day ahead.

Anyway I am going to do a proper 16/8 x 800 cals tomorrow. Then another on Friday!

An interesting experiment ….

Good luck to all :0)

Day 22 : Cheshire, UK : NFD
    Day 23 : Cheshire, UK : FD
    Day 24 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

@coda – Happy Happy Birthday! Wishing you lots of birthday loveliness. What a beautiful birthday surprise from your lovely hubby :).

Not caught up on all the posts. Yesterday was a very sad day for Manchester. I live very close by to Manchester. Luckily none of my friends or loved ones were hurt but we feel for those who have lost loved ones.

Day 22 : Cheshire, UK : NFD
    Day 23 : Cheshire, UK : FD
    Day 24 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

@coda – Happy Happy Birthday! Wishing you lots of birthday loveliness. What a beautiful birthday surprise from your lovely hubby :).

Not caught up on all the posts. Yesterday was a very sad day for Manchester. I live very close by to Manchester. Luckily none of my friends or loved ones were hurt but we feel for those who have lost loved ones.

Day 24, London, UK, NFD

Aiming for ADF this week as I think I’ll save B2Bs & water fasts for when I need the big guns!!!!

Happy Birthday @coda, I hope you have another fab day in store!! I’ve been meaning to ask about your dad, you mentioned he was at your celebration meal, I hope all is well with him too.

I’m aiming for a controlled final week to May and to progress to June feeling positive rather than the desperate feeling I had at the end of April!!

Enjoy today everyone whether FD-ing, NFD-ing or CD-ing!!

Day 24 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Woke up to another beautiful sunny day β˜€οΈ- should be a lovely and warm day – already up to 16 degrees

Yesterday ended up being a very CD well under my TDEE and with a 2 hour hike in the fells near where I live – however my poor knee started hurting again. It had started to feel almost normal again after a 2 week rest from hiking and exercise……Will go to my yoga class this morning and see it copes with the session!

Weight this morning 54.5kg/120lbs – don’t normally weigh mid week or after NFDs but just happened to pop on the scales after my first visit to the loo on waking up this morning……maintaining nicely

Busy day today – yoga class and a quick coffee with a couple of the girls then home for a shower before doing lifts for the group I volunteer at on a Wednesday PM – Am also on tea/coffee duty this afternoon for the group. More lifts at the end so will not be home until sometime after 5pm – may end up doing a 20:4 day – will see how the day goes.

My thoughts for today are linked with a Tony Robbins’ quote:- “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”
    The commitment to being healthier is completely up to you, but that doesn’t mean you can control every little thing along the way. The beauty of this WOL is that instead of freaking out when you can’t/won’t be able to follow your WOE, commit to getting back on track tomorrow, and remind yourself that cheesy potatoes are not worth a panic attack!

Day 24 Notts UK BSD

Why is it that when I set my stall out to stick to the plan I then sabotage myself – unwillingly!! As we keep saying that is the benefit of this WOL in that you can reset when needed. But can I keep doing that day after day? Self defeating.

So I am surmising I am not trying hard enough to resist the dragon within and must do better. Here I go onwards and downwards towards the end of the challenge – no more weak willed messing about – come on get a grip!

Onwards and downwards – Bon chance everyone – Stay safe

DAY 24 – Hampshire, UK – FD

That time of the month is coming up, not sure how well I will cope fasting when I’m on my period, is it something I should be worried about?

Day 24, Germany, NFD
    Many things to do today!

Day 24 UK FD

Too stressed to post yesterday. Manchester where I was born and brought up and still live close to. Most of my side of the family live there or thereabouts so lots of texts and social media yesterday, spent most of it in tears, thankfully no one hurt. I logged on here later and was in tears again at the messages of support. You are a truly “good group”of people.

Yesterday was a NFD, ate about 1000 calories overall. Apple for lunch today then steak and salad for dinner, with a lovely sugar free jelly for dessert should be 500 or thereabouts. @coda, belated birthday πŸŽ‰ wishes, Your OH and family sound wonderful. @tillysmum, I’ve been logging my calories faithfully on MFP, even on my weekend “bad “days (ouch). Seeing it in front of me tends to put me back on track quickly.πŸ˜„ Unexpected day off work today so might take myself off of a long walk around the local Outlet village!

Day 24 – UK – NFD

Day 24 – UK – NFD

Day 24, Belfast, FD

I’ve a day off tomorrow – Thursdays are usually a FD – so I’m swapping things about a bit.

@fivetwofan5252 – I find that too…even after a restless night’s sleep after a FD the next day the energy levels are high.

@xrox – I suffer from really bad period cramps and have noticed that the fasting helps minimise the pain. In my opinion FDs can only help.

I’ve started a list of today’s Pocketeers (sorry if I’ve missed anyone).
    ***FOR ANYONE ON A FAST DAY TODAY, COPY AND PASTE THE LIST AND ADD YOUR NAME***

@fraub
    @lilymartin
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @lynzm
    @jarbia
    @brightonbelle
    @tillysmum BSD
    @xrox
    @saffy420
    @belfastsink

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

Day 24 Tas Australia NFD

Stuck to 18:6 today. Plan on keeping that up.

@lynzm love the “drown the dragon!” Another thing I need to get back on top of, drinking more water. I do so well for ages then get off track.

Day 24……..Florida…..NFD

So yesterday, I was a bit over on my FD but I was way below the 800 calorie new allowance, and for the first time in months, I went to bed with a little grumbling in the gut. So, odd considering I haven’t heard a peep from my belly, I almost forgot what it sounded like.
    This got me to thinking, it must be because I’ve switch my days around, and doing the 16:8 again.
    Hopefully, with all these changes, I’ll finally show either a loss on the scale or some clothes feeling not quite as tight.

@xrox……. I have FD, while my time of the month has been hanging about. What I can tell you is it’s not to much different from any other FD. I however, have noticed a change in my cycle since beginning 5:2. Now, this might be because I’m getting older and I’m on the verge of menopaus, but they seem to be lighter, my days have changed as well. Plus, I’m less likely to scream and yell at someone during those times as well. So, the PMS, I suffered from is pretty much non existent now.
    My OH and kids love this part!

Okay, well I’m running a bit late this morning! So, I’m off!

Chin up Princess….. your crown is slipping!

@bert1802 & @belfastsink thank you for sharing, I actually am finding that I have craps which I don’t usually get but I think I’m also a little constipated, I will stay away from the scaled for the few days as I know how my weight massively changes when I’m on my period and wouldn’t want to get disheartened!!

Day 24– Colorado USA– NFD

((Hugs)) to all our U.K. & other European friends. Such sad & senseless loss of human life and potential. I pray some day we humans get it right. With compassion & understanding.

Enjoying my homemade Kefir. Don’t want to get too graphic, so I’ll just say “it’s doing wonderful things for my gut!” By cutting out wheat/ gluten & most sugars, plus adding probiotic Kefir, my Crohn’s is really calm & quiet. No medications at all. Nice!

A little sore from my run yesterday, but I feel so blessed that my bilateral foot surgeries have healed so beautifully. My dog is thrilled to have her mommy running again! πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈAnd my OH has his hiking partner back. Can’t live in the Rocky Mountains & not hike! πŸ˜ƒ

@at, @coda, @strawberriesandcream — thank you for your kind replies. I’m glad to be back!
    I find that when I step away from the forum, I tend to forget about or lose focus on fasting altogether. Better that I stick around & skip some pages than stop checking in at all!

@lynzm — I love the visual of “drown the dragon.” That extra beverage can sure chase away some tummy rumbles!

@at — sorry your knee is misbehaving again. You sure are active! Hopefully it quiets down again soon so you may keep up with your agenda!
    You made me LOL with “cheesy potatoes are not worth a panic attack.” I’ll have to remember that in the future if I start to panic over a French fry (chips) order!

Day 24 US 3FD of 5 b2b

🎢✨🌈Happy Birthday Coda!πŸŽˆπŸ’πŸŽΆπŸŽ‰Wishing you a wonderful day and a great year to come!✨

My FD yesterday went well had a serving of Atkins egg and tomato breakfast. Making it 250 cals for the day. It was a little tough in the afternoon and evening but @fordprefect was having a FD too, so it was easier.😊 In the evening we went out shopping for his new shoes.😊
    @annemarilyn knowing that you had been doing FD’s last week made it easier for me.😊I hope your week is going well. I have the end of May and the first week of June until I will be having a toast πŸ₯‚ for our nieces wedding. I know after that it will be vacation mode after that. I won’t be starting up again with all the FD’s until the 3rd or the 4th week in June.
    If all goes well, I will still keep my NFD’s in check though below my TDEE of 1468 cals.😊
    @dellska ✨🌈✨Congratulations on your wonderful results!✨
    @lynzm I am really noticing the beneficial difference when I drink more water also. No headaches, better softer skin.😊 Cheers to the water drinkers πŸ’¦πŸ₯‚πŸ’¦
    @at sorry that your knee is hurting. I don’t know but I wonder if CBD hemp salve would help you as it has helped me. If your interested I will post the link.
    @xrox suggestions from myself and DD about time of month. They may help but everybody is a little different. If you take acetaminophen usually then continue with that. Not that much different on FD, drinking warm decaffeinated tea and warm water with πŸ‹ lemon help with relaxing of muscles. I add Stevia (no cal). Hot water bottle or non electric heating can be helpful. Drink plenty of water πŸ’¦πŸ₯‚πŸ’¦Warm wishes for you to feel fine and have an easy transition on your FD.

Wishing everybody well today! ✨😊

Day 24 3rd FD of 5 b2b
    I am going to the dentist today @ 1:00 luckily for me it is just teeth cleaning. 😊 I’ll be Ok with that. Thank- you for all the support including @at, @coda, @flourbaby

Day 24 – UK – NFD

I just completed two good fast days, having a break today and then going to do another one tomorrow, just trying to speed things up and I have to say the scales are looking good, one more week to go until we reach the end of this months challenge. Keep going everyone πŸ€—

Day 24 NFD St. Louis USA

Good luck all.

Day 24 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

@okeydokey thanks for the tips!!

good luck with the dentist, its so painful having your teeth cleaned but you’ll feel extra fresh after πŸ˜‰

Hello all – Day 24 UK Co Down NFD well it is my birthday πŸŽ‚ lol

Thank you @okeydokey, @goldensun, @flourbaby and @saffy420 for my birthday wishes (@Saffy420 don’t worry you weren’t late as today is the big day). Just can’t believe I am 60! Feel very blessed.

Thanks @flourbaby my Dad is doing great – he gets a little frustrated with his speech as his tongue doesn’t work the way it used to but it may still improve.

@hannahwatto welcome back to the fold and well done you. What a sense of achievement. If you look at @pissupoosa posts you will find a link to the spread sheet which we can all update ourselves – isn’t technology wonderful. Fill in the gaps while you were away if you wish.

@jarbia – I understand completely. I hope you all have a wonderful time in NI and decide to make a return visit. Sounds like a great visit to Chelsea. I’m going to see if I can do it next year. Nice that you met a very helpful fellow countryman and you got to the loo lol

@strawberriesandcream – meant to say thanks for offering to lead next month – if the spread sheet is up and running on the first post and if we can add our names and info on ourselves it will make the job so much easier – the onus is on us rather than our leader. It should more or less run itself. Is it easy then to sort names alphabetically? To the spread sheet experts would it be possible to have it ready to go live say on 29 May and have a link on the first post with an invitation for the June challenge? I’ll bow to your expertise but thank you.

second post
    @onahealthyhigh, , thoughts with you and all Mancunians.
    @coda, happy birthday.

Reasonable FD, to 500 calories, but reading posts to keep me from food before bed. Thinking it will be an early night!

@lilymartin @chumi @belfastsink @snowflake56 Thank-you once again for holding my hand during stressed out PTSD times.✨🀝✨🌈✨

Day 24 – USA – FD

Day 24 — Albuquerque –NFD

Hi all, I made some bone broth and will try a 36-hour broth and water fast tomorrow. It is a ton of work and requires (at least this version) baking a chicken first so will probably buy my broth at the store, at least for the remainder of the hot season.

Has anyone else made bone broth? Any suggestions?

@happymargo; my Sweetie booked us two nights at a B&B in Rico for this weekend! I’m so excited to be going to Colorado, where water just pours out of the mountains. So different from my neck of the woods.

Day 24 Maine NFD

Did quite well with being mindful yesterday – stuck to my salad & grilled salmon for dinner, but had a small dish of ice cream for dessert. Did not feel the least bit guilty.

Had a terrific therapywalk, but have to say, although it made me feel better physically, didn’t help much mentally…still reeling from the Manchester news…feel so powerless. I just can’t imagine how paralyzingly painful the grief all these families must be feeling…I hugged my granddaughter so hard & told her I never wanted to let her go. How can you ever trust that the people you love are safe?

Well, control what you can….off for another walk…hoping it’ll help shake the feeling of doom. I need to help someone/something today – contribute to the good.

Make it a better day everybody!

Thank-you @xrox 😊 Hope your day goes well also.

2nd post – Happy Birthday, Coda! Missed reading your post ’till just now. Hope this is the start of your best decade yet!

@hannahwatto – welcome back – sounds like a fabulous trip! I remember the first day I started the 5/2 in Feb, I had a list of random questions – mostly originating from fear of another failure – you took the time to answer & encourage me to give it a try. Thanks again!

Day 24 – USA (UT visiting) – NFD

Good under TDEE day yesterday, Silver Sneakers class, some relaxation, and granddaughter-sitting. Scale at the gym looked good mid-morning weight. This class here is much like mine at home in Illinois, and the people here are very kind. These classes are supposed to be kind of the same, but of course individual teachers bring their own strengths to them.

@coda – “Happy birthday, dear Liz 🎢🎢 happy birthday to YOU!” May it be a blessed day! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Yes, this truly is a group of great people. Fun to see so many long-time friends still around!

Onward and downward ~

Day 24 – FIN – NFD

Hb level of 122 (g/l) in my left hand (124 (g/l) in my right) meant that I wasn’t able to donate blood yesterday, so I donated a little money instead to make my visit worthwhile.

I haven’t been feeling too hungry the last few days. Might be due to the warm weather (the temperature has risen to 27Β°C indoors and we can’t seem to get it down). Monday’s fast was a breeze. I didn’t have anything besides that one slice (1/8, about 300 kcal) of cake. Despite not eating much, I didn’t wake up with that usual light/empty feeling after the fast. These last few NFDs I’ve been keeping it pretty light on the eating front. Yesterday I ate more out of habit than actually feeling hungry (and less than usual, which is not a bad thing after everything I ended up eating on Sunday).

Today I’ve eaten thin rye bread with avocado, cottage cheese, a little honey and a boiled egg for breakfast, half a stuffed red pepper for lunch and a sliced red apple with plain edam (my new favorite combo) and a few pecan nuts as snack. Apparently there’s chicken planned for dinner.

@okeydokey I’m glad your visit to the dentist went (presumably) well today.

2nd post

Happy birthday @coda! You didn’t let on the actual date, so I’m pleased others have let us know it’s today. I hope it’s a beautiful day for you in all respects.

I know @pissupoosa‘s brilliant update to our spreadsheet will indeed make things much easier going forward. I’m thinking that the monthly leader’s job will be to monitor posts and ensure that everyone who wishes to join the challenge is on the spreadsheet to start with (some may be more or less spreadsheet savvy than others). Also, as you say, to have the June challenge up and posted on May 29th so that folks can sign up. I’m up for the job and awaiting instructions from @pissupoosa on how to manage the spreadsheet. However, I am open to any help and advice – which I’m sure I will need at times – lol!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,751 through 1,800 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.