May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,701 through 1,750 (of 2,272 total)

• Also sending thoughts and prayers to Manchester and for the day when we no longer have to offer our prayers in such a manner. Holding hope that day will come.

Day 23 UK FD 🌈

Had a good day yesterday although ate slightly over my 500 cals probably 800, did have a gym workout longer than my intention so that was good. πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

Should have gone to bed after shower and gym but was wide awake so watched TV and had a little snack – (the extra 300 cals) another habit for me to eradicate.

Water went down well, πŸ‰Dragon drowning is my hobby. Have a turned that corner of drinking more? 🀞🏻

Keep on going Day 23 we can still make a difference this month.

Day 23
    West Midlands UK
    FD

Day 23 UK FD

183 lbs. Getting close to being twelve stone something which will be a nice marker and I only have 16 lbs to go until a healthy BMI. The trick is to keep my resolve up. I find that my portion sizes are creeping up again. I am eating the right foods but too much of them on what are supposed to be fast days. I have been doing a sort of modified ADF to keep fast days on busy days as they are easier that way, it has actually meant an extra fast day most weeks on which I struggle to keep calories down to 800. I am satisfied that 800 is ok since I don’t eat any non veg carbs at all. But no more than that. I need to try to only eat once today, luckily it will be busy. Then maybe that Whoosh will turn up…

Day 23 Newcastle UK NFD

DAY 23 – UK – NFD

To-day should have been a “happy day” as I’m going to Chelsea…after the terrible news from Manchester I feel quite numb. So many families devastated by some mindless
    misguided idiot. My heart goes out to them and all.
    Being British I suppose the old adage “keep calm and carry on” comes to mind.
    Although quite honestly I’d like to be able to do something totally different – “Revenge” springs to mind..but then that isn’t politically correct…. sorry I know we shouldn’t get political or personal… but there are times………….

Hello all day 23 fd uk co down

Reeling about Manchester which I only discovered when it was mentioned in posts. I can’t begin to imagine how a night of enjoyment turns to horror, death and destruction and for what?

@jarbia is that the Chelsea flower show you are going to? That is on my to do list so you will have to tell me what you think of it. Is it this weekend you are coming to NI?

Day 23: Northumberland, UK: FD

Definitely a fast day today, and a gym day. Going to keep it fluid only as long as I can and keep calories to a minimum so I can just relax and enjoy my spa day tomorrow without constantly calorie counting in my head.
    The news from Manchester is horrible, it’s hard enough to contemplate anyone feeling that killing is the best way to achieve something, but targeting a concert that will have an audience of mainly young people….. thoughts are with anyone directly affected by this.

Probably won’t get a chance to check in tomorrow, so

Day 24: Northumberland, UK: NFD

@coda – Yes! I try to go when I can and have been lucky to have gone for the last 3 years! (I am a member of the RHS) Tickets cost about Β£42….so no more than a good meal out! I always enjoy it and there is so much to see you can never see it all…and it gets very tiring. We always go to the 3.30 – 8.00pm time slot as about 5pm the crowds start to thin out and it’s a lot more comfortable. Weather in London to-day dull but v. warm and no rain, so perfect!. Really looking forward to it but feel guilty about having a pleasurable day in the circumstances.

Do try and make it….if we’re still living in Bucks when you do, there’s always a bed for you here…and a lift to the train station….altho we may be moving further away next year.

Flying to Belfast on Saturday with the family. Weather looking not too bad…we are all really excited as none of us have holidayed in Ireland before, altho hubby has been to Belfast on business.

Day 23 UK NFD

Just watching the news … horrific events in Manchester..many broken hearts there today. Thoughts go out to those involved. We just cannot contemplate anyone setting out to cause such grief and devastation.

Day 23 NFD . Like others just watching the awful events in Manchester on the news,it’s all just too terrible , will catch up on posts later

Day 23, Newcastle UK, FD

Ah man, not again. What is the answer, is there an answer. I guess like we say on this forum, we just have to keep on keeping on and pray for peace. Prayers for all affected.

@Chitown Gal – despite having scoured the posts, I’ve totally missed when your birthday was but hope you had a good one – belated birthday greetings.
    @lilymartin – a slight (guilt-free) stumble yesterday, but back on the trail with you today.

Scale shows 135.6lbs this morning. Aiming for my B2B FDs today and tomorrow. 2.4lbs from target – may be achievable this month after all. It feels bad to even be talking about this in the light of this morning’s news, but we can’t let these ignorant mad people stop us living our lives.

Love to all of my friends on this forum – I’m very grateful I’ve found you.

Day 23 – UK – NFD

Heartbroken at the news. Thoughts and prayers to all.

Day 23 – FD

Thoughts & prayers with those in Manchester

Day 23 Notts UK BSD

Yes, seems wrong to be going on as usual after what has happened but that is the antidote – these people (whoever they are) cannot win, they cannot affect our lives. Prayers for those affected and grateful thanks for the saints who were there helping them.

Onwards and downwards all, bon chance and stay safe.

Day 23, UK – NFD

Prayers & thoughts with everyone in Manchester – woke up to this sad news, so many families devastated πŸ™ cant imagine their pain!!

I did well on my FD yesterday, the sun was shining so decided to ditch the gym & convinced the husband to come out for a lovely brisk walk in the sunshine as we live near a gold course, we did 3.3km and he actually really enjoyed it, hoping to do more of this low impact exercise in between gym days . Having said that, as I didn’t make it to the gym yesterday, I shall be going tonight.

I cheekily jumped on the scales this morning (I shouldn’t as its only day 9) and they read 70.8kg, I repeated it twice because my eyes didn’t believe it, that would be 0.6kg loss since yesterday and 3lbs (1.4kg) in total in 9 days but I know this is just the impact of a FD and they will vary a lot by the time I get to my weekly weight in, still I like seeing the numbers because its an encouragement!!

@lindasue thank you for sharing about exercising, I think its a great way to spend a FD and it helps me drink plenty of water.

@annemarilyn thank you so much, very pleased with getting past week 1.

Ah one last thing I wanted to mention, my skin had become AMAZING, I think its the water intake and reduction in sugars, I literally get continuous compliments and I haven’t been doing this for long, not a single blemish or spot, I love it πŸ˜€

@strawberriesandcream – don’t worry I had insider information about @Chiltown gal’s birthday on 22nd lol.

@jarbia – it’s bank holiday on Monday here and as I’m off would it upset your plans if we happen to come up that direction and perhaps meet up somewhere – even for a quick coffee to say hello? I understand if this doesn’t suit given that you don’t have much time.

@xrox – well done you.

The sad step was up this morning so I guess that is Saturday catching up on me – totally worth it tho, the sad step forgot to tell me that you don’t celebrate your 60th everyday or get to spend time with family and friends and remind me on how well I have done so far.

2nd post

Change of plans – today will be NFD, I love how flexible this WOL is….

Day 23, London UK, FD.

I don’t have much to say today, I can’t believe we were here at the end of March thinking of those suffering from the Westminster Bridge atrocity and here we are again, 2 months later!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with those affected.

Good luck everyone, stay safe xx

Day 23 – Scotland – FD

Sad day today. I feel sorry for the victims and their family, and worried about my children and the world they are going to live in.

I’m not sure of whether I’ll manage to have a proper FD today. I am baking with my son and we will have a play date with a friend in the afternoon. For tonight, I’ll make a pizzetta (small pizza) for him and I’ll probably have a ready made soup (sorry, on Tues I never have time to cook a lot!). With my apro soya chocolate dessert I should stay around 400 cal. My husband should be here around 11pm.

@lumat no need to apologise for meal choices, you do what you need to in order to make this WOL work for you. The blood sugar diet came from research that used meal replacement shakes etc to make sure people could accurately get the calories and carb counting right. I’ve found a high protein cup-a-soup that comes in at under 100 calories which I was using as a regular quick lunch (as it’s really thick and tasty) and I bulk buy as I can only get it in Asda and the nearest ‘convenient’ one is 20 miles away.

Day 22 Tas Australia NFD
    Day 23 FD

Sorry I missed yesterday. Decided to shake things up a bit and swap days, but then got a little out of control. Although had a little victory when hubby bought bakery fresh white bread, which I never buy as it’s such a temptation, but didn’t have any! Quite stupid really I don’t normally have white bread at all and I can stay away from bread but that bread is so delicious! Ha!

@Big-viking so glad to hear you have finally had a drop.

@coda what a lovely thoughtful husband you have. So glad you had such a wonderful time with family and friends for your birthday.

@bert1802 I like your new plan to switch things up a bit. I’m doing the same as you this week as I needed a switch up too. Thanks for the reminder about 16:8 too. I was doing that the first half of the month but have forgotten! So back on that as well. Good luck and I hope it all helps.

Day 22, Belfast, NFD

Very sad news from Manchester this morning. The victims, injured and their families are all in my thoughts today. Sad times.

Good luck everyone today.

Day 23 – UK – FD

My thoughts are with everyone affected by the terrible attack in Manchester. So sad…

Day 23 | London | NFD

I haven’t read the posts yet, but I am sure like everyone I post with a heavy heart this morning. I do hope your loved ones are all safe.

Wishing you all a peaceful day.

Day 23 lancaster πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ FD 😁

Day 23………Florida…….FD

My prayers out to those who suffer from the stupidity of others. What in the heck to these people hate these innocent people, so much?

LouBelles….. I too lost my way with 16:8, I had forgot how easy it was to do as well as how much it helps.

Yesterday was my first day on this newly devised plan. I feel as if I’m in control again, I mean I even passed on a treat about 9pm, I had enough calories over from the day but my craving fell two hours into my fasting times plus, I was headed to bed. There really was no need to eat it. So, I ended the day right around 1100 calories.

Today is an FD for me and I plan on breaking my fast around 16.5 hours in, unless we get busy like yesterday and I break about 1.

I’m not sure if I shared this with you all but if I did here it is again.
    My youngest graduates from high school on Friday with the highest honors basically the top 5% of his class. The kicker is he really thinks it’s no big deal! When I found out, I was like oh I’m so proud of you and how good this will look on your transcripts. You know the whole mushy parent thing. He responded with…Stop, Mom, it’s really no big deal!
    I can’t wait, I’m going to be the loudest cheering Mom, in the crowd on Friday!

Well, I’m off!

Chin up Princess….. your crown is slipping!

Day 23– Colorado USA– FD

Hello all my Fellow Fasters! It’s been a bit since I’ve logged in. Each time I tried, I was overwhelmed by the number of pages I was falling behind. And then feel guilty for not reading every post.

Finally concluded that I was being silly! This thread is for support, accountability & friendship. Not added pressure & guilt.

So I’m dusting myself off & taking a giant leap back onto the wagon today! I’ve been eating like food was going out of style for about a week. Put on one pound, which can be knocked off again shortly!
    I’ll have to give myself time to ponder why I stuffed myself with junk (oh, Wendy’s & McD’s.). It’s not like suddenly all foods were going to evaporate. Hmm? πŸ€”

On a happier note, I’ve stuck well to my minimum-minimums for Fitness (already able to do more push-ups,) & Food (getting my green veg count up!)

Day 23 Oman NFD

Day 23, Germany, FD

Hi everybody!
    Hope you are all getting well with your feast and fast days. Today is my second day of b2b fasting. I am veryyyyy hungry and have veryyyy low energy. BUT I am happyyyy too cos tomorrow is a feast day. That’s a great thing about this diet (lifestyle!) as you don’t have to starve every day.

@bert1802 Congrats! for your son’s great achievement in school πŸ™‚ . @lou Belles I am following 16:8 plan too. When I pass 12 hours then I say to myself: ‘OK babe…your body is now burning fat for the rest 4 hours!’

Day 23 – FIN – NFD

Another month, another attack on civilians in Europe (I certainly have no intention of claiming that things wouldn’t be worse elsewhere in the world (as I know they are), but as a European these attacks perhaps unsurprisingly hit closer to home)… It’s truly saddening that so many innocent people have to suffer at the hands of a hateful few. What makes yesterday’s events even more saddening is the assumed targeting of children. I can at least hope that the authorities become even better at preventing these kind of attacks (as it seems unlikely that this kind of warfare and spreading of terror is about to cease any day soon).

Day 22, Mountaintop PA, FD
    Day 23, Mountaintop PA, NFD

Maintaining this month. Sometimes I am 2 lbs down and other days back at my goal. So that is just right for me.

I am dedicated to getting those 10,000 steps a day or more and have been enjoying daily hikes for the past 10 days. The only interruption is a day of constant rain and thankfully that seems to be diminishing. FD’s are R & R for me with that light feeling the day after. No problem with energy for exercise.

DH is thrilled with his 24 pound loss in the 6 months we have been following IF Fast 5:2. He is 6 pounds from his second goal weight. This WOL is one day at a time and works for us.

It is so nice to read all the encouraging reports from forum members. Thank you @pissupoosa for making the spreadsheet accessible for posting our own daily progress. As we come down the home stretch for May we can all be proud.

Day 23 -USA (UT visiting)- NFD

So sad for the victims of more violence, their families and loved ones. Incidents like that just keep raising the question “why” over and over again.

Days of feast and famine bring us back to our humanity, how do we cope with joys and sorrows. In our case, we’re learning to be wise for our bodies, and that is always full of hope. My FD yesterday was amazingly successful coming in at about 350 calories. Hungry this morning though, so going to get a good breakfast then will weigh at the gym.

Hugs to all of you out there.

Day 23 Chicago, Illinois USA – FD

Day 23, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

First of all, my deepest prayers for Manchester, England and the entire world.
    May God comfort the mourners, heal the wounded, and welcome those who perished into His loving arms.

Second post.

Today’s weight 142.2, below goal weight of 145.

Wishing all well, while watching the news last night I told my husband – I have friends in that area of the world. And that is what you are to me, friends.

I pray for peace.

Day 23 Akron OH, second day in B2B FD.
    My thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the Manchester tragedy. Words fail me and would be insufficient to describe how I feel. I also look forward to the day when this will no longer be the norm.
    May God have mercy on us all.

Day 23 – NFD – Toronto

Just also wanted to chime in about my grief over the mindless attack in Manchester and my prayers for the families of all those who were affected both physically and psychologically.

I know that we now live in a world where attackers of a certain skin colour and religion are called “terrorists” while others are labelled “mentally disturbed” or extremists. But I wish we could all see that the “terrorists” are also extremely mentally disturbed. Think about what it takes for a citizen / immigrant of a country to follow the crazy ideology and path of Daesh (i.e. to be recruited). That sort of thing comes from a place of loneliness, the very innate human desire to be loved, celebrated and a part of a bigger whole. This isn’t a group that needs money for funding, it needs volunteers that can be brain-washed. All this to say, I truly believe that love is the only thing that can end the madness. So reach out today to someone you know may be on the fringe. Show kindness. Show love. Show them that you see them and hear them. You don’t know what a difference it may make.

Day 23 Florida USA FD Thoughts and Prayers go out to all our U.K. friends.

Day 23 Maine NFD

So heartbroken for all those affected by the senseless violence in Manchester. Looking at a picture of my darling 14 year old granddaughter & thinking of all those families & friends of the victims and the absolute overwhelming feelings of loss, pain & rage they must be feeling. Will there ever be an answer? Can you ever teach the truly evil to value life? Probably not.

I started this 5/2 journey with this need to control what I can control….ultimately that boiled down to what & how I think & what I put in my mouth. With so much happening out of my control, this has grounded me. I choose to think positive thoughts, to set personal goals & work toward being a better person. Thank you all, fellow fasters, for your daily posts – we are united in our quest to control what we can, supporting each other on our journey & hoping even our little changes will somehow impact this world in a positive way.

So, back to the 5/2, I did have a very successful FD yesterday (another lb burned – 1 more to reach this month’s goal) & hoping to remain mindful today. Meeting darling granddaughter for early dinner – going to her favorite restaurant – already know I’m ordering a salad w/grilled salmon. And know that I’ll be hugging her extra tight.

Make it the best day you can!

Day 23 – USA – NFD

When I heard the news of the Manchester massacre, my first thoughts went to my UK friends on this forum. Hope that no one is directly affected, and very sad for the young people that died.

Day 23 US FD 2nd of 5 B2B
    Day 22 US FD
    Logged into my Lose it app yesterday only had 219 Calories for the day, walked 8,936 steps.
    Thanks @flourbaby for the insight just at the time I needed it about the TDEE. I’m pretty motivated and focused and determined to make my NFD’s and FD’s count towards my goal.
    I didn’t get a chance to read or post yesterday. Very busy yesterday and today with the twins school programs and tests for the end of school year. I was doing lots of driving and walking. We also were busy shopping for vacay.😊Didn’t get in until late last night. Will be doing the same again today.
    I’m Hoping and wishing everybody is doing well in our outstanding group!✨😊Glad I can check in.πŸ˜€

I’m aghast at the devastation in Manchester. DD and I spent time this morning for prayer for the victims and the families. Hoping all in our group and their families are safe. Wishing the victims and families a speedy recovery and health.
    Oh *πŸ˜₯*** I just saw that Roger Moore has passed. I have always loved him in his 007 films.

Until tomorrow something to think about. Today is your day, make the most of it.✨
    Today’s decisions are tomorrow’s realities. Life today is a collection of choices made yesterday.

Day 23- USA- NFD

To my 5:2 friends in the UK: Please accept my sincere condolences on the Horror in Manchester; know all sane people are in shock.

Day 23 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Cannot believe the news I woke up to today – Manchester πŸ’”my thoughts are with all those who are involved and are picking up the pieces of their lives today – Why are there so many idiots in the world who feel the need to make their point by hurting innocent people…………..😒

After the overindulgence with 😈 of Sunday – My FD yesterday went really well – despite not being a low cal fluids only day as intended – just over 400cals consumed in the end πŸ˜‡
    That is what I love about this WOL – enjoy celebrations with no guilt as tomorrow is another day and a bad day does not a bad week make……….

Woke up today to a beautiful sunny and warm day 🌀 Went for a lovely hike, around 5miles/8km, up in the fells near where I live for a couple of hours with a good friend; then we shared a pot of tea. Back home for a shower and out with DD for a light lunch in the sunshine – what a great way to spend the day…..
    @coda – thank you for the kind words – words of wisdom in your posts too – great advice given
    @belfastsink – you are very welcomed
    @lindasue – thanks – DD and her OH are very happy and excited for the future
    @lumat – great job for staying strong and positive = you will achieve your goal
    @back2thefuture – lovely to hear from you – I may be advising something you have already done but have you reviewed your TDEE for the weight you want to be?? I did find reducing my carbs intake very helpful to shifting that last 4kg/9lbs.
    @jarbia – I know what you mean but try to enjoy your day at Chelsea – assuming you are going to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show πŸ’ and then your Irish holiday
    @bert1802 – and why should you not be the loudest cheering Mom, in the crowd on Friday! Definitely something to be proud of – he achieved not only due to him being a bright lad but because of the love, support and encouragement you and your OH have given him over the years πŸ‘πŸ‘
    @happymargo – hello, thought I had not picked up on your posts for a bit! You are absolutely right in saying “This thread is for support, accountability & friendship. Not added pressure & guilt.” So jump back on board and join us in the final push to the end of the month.

This is for everyone on this forum whether you are struggling, achieving your goals or have got there and are finding a way to stay there:-
    “In case you forgot to remind yourself this morning……..Your butt is perfect. Your smile lights up the room. Your mind is insanely cool. You are way more than enough. And you are doing an amazing job at life”

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

@happymargo – I felt that way too when I couldn’t catch up on all the posts in April, I felt overwhelmed but then I did what I advise others just joining this group to do and just jump in where you are. In the bigger picture did it really matter that I didn’t read every single post?

Day 24/NFD/Melbourne Australia

So, so sad. I’m a Mancunian.

Together we are stronger.

Heartsick for all those affected by the attack in Manchester. I heard a woman on the radio today whose daughter is still missing, begging for information, and it hurt me to my core. I wish I could offer some respite from the pain, but I know that is not possible. It is something we all have to push through together.

Day 23, Germany, NFD

another sad day, my thoughts and prayers go out to those who are affected and have lost their loved ones.

Bert – What a great accomplishment for your son – and the entire family !

I am sure that he is proud of his hard work (even if he is reluctant to admit it).

Congrats to you all ! I am cheering as well.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,701 through 1,750 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.