March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 909 total)

• Day 26 – Manchester, England – FD

Hi all. Busy busy this week and on a FD today. I’ll come back to check on posts when I can. Adding myself:

Day 26 Pocket List
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ann1239 FD800
    @ccco WFD
    @aglowworm

Day 26 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Continuing a longer fast that I began Sunday evening. Almost at 42 hours. Not sure how long I’ll go. Probably at least through 60 hours; tomorrow morning. Taking it a day at a time 🙂 Trying to figure what’s going on. I looked at the calendar and saw that I’ve basically been the same weight every Tuesday this month. Trying different fasting patterns each week to get the trend to go downward.

@daffodil2010 – wishing you well for a permanent placement at the work you’re enjoying.

@debster251 – good for you for going to a happier weight & a healthy BMI!

@ccco – I thought I might try your cabbage dish as well. Is it like a soup? I was just thinking because it has 4 cups of broth in it.

Day 26 Pocket List
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ann1239 FD800
    @ccco WFD
    @aglowworm
    @annemarilyn

Glad we’re on the journey together!

Day 26
    Florida
    NFD
    Yesterday was my FD. Woke up hungry and didn’t think I would do good. However, as the day went on, I surprised myself and stayed in my limit.
    Today I woke up feeling blah. So much is going on in the states and I’m am afraid what could happen. The only person I can control is me. So, I spent most of the morning on our Lanai and listened to nature. Started a new painting and that seemed to help. Went to exercise and surrounded me with people who are kind.
    On the bright side, I submitted two photos to a contest. Will know in April if any were accepted. Fingers crossed.
    Hope everyone has a great evening.

USA Day 26
    Second Post

I got bored and failed my WFD and wound up overeating! Boredom eating, I am afraid! Tomorrow I will begin again starting this evening!

AnneMarilyn, the cabbage is much thicker than a soup but I’ve used some of the broth on additional dishes.

Day 26 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD morphed into CD but ok with that. Today just had a banana on train way to presentation and some nuts on train on way home. Scratch supper bc running fridge down before hols and not much left… Vegan fish fingers with brussel sprouts plus defrosted some braised balsamic cabbage….now feeling rather bloated after all the brassicas!

A long day but seemed to go ok. Caught up with emails and spent a couple of hours at desk then commuted to suburban town. Weird to go into big meeting for presentation to lots of strangers – first time in a long, long time! Strangely relaxed even tho i didn’t really know what I was doing, but just let go and went with the flow.

Now bath and bed – fair bit to cram into a couple of hours then going into town for a memorial service & reception, tea with my mother, blocking a play then evening service & lent course! Then holidays…!

Really glad to read posts and find people are reaching goals, having good fasts, resisting temptation or climbing back on the waggon. We make progress one good choice at a time! xx

Day 26 Wales FD

Another late check in, busy at work.

Day 26 Pocket List
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ann1239 FD800
    @ccco WFD
    @aglowworm
    @annemarilyn
    @russetfox

Day 27 – Japan – NFD

Had a large salad, a small seaweed salad and gyoza for supper. ~800 calories, 1/2 of that from the gyoza. Huge amount of food but I actually woke up a bit hungry!

Day 27, Japan, FD

+1.2kg after one NFD…whaaaat!?
    I only had some grilled fish and rice which should be around 800kcal, and tons of herbal tea….Must be water weight…must be water..

I have been so busy and tired this week already due to work… not very motivated for today’s FD but seeing the weight gain I think I’ll try. I tend to push myself too hard at work…. it feels good to stay focused the whole day but seems like I am the only one working so hard in the office 🙁

Maybe go see the cherry blossom alone at noon 😀

Day 26 Ohio, US — NFD (80 bites)

NFD went well. Work still crazy.

@shelliz It must be glorious to see the cherry blossoms! Here everyone thinks it great that it’s so warm at just above freezing!

@michelinme The vegan fish fingers sound interesting. What are they made from? Do you eat them with vegan tartar sauce?

Have a great day everyone!

Day 26- Ohio Fd (possibly b2b)

Ended up yesterday changing fd to today due to finding out Mother having colonoscopy and so expecting to be too many hours. Seems they found the reason: polyps causing internal bleeding. This is the latest in her long list of medical woes. She also is a good reminder of the other reasons why I am doing this. She’s got heart problems, kidney issues (from type 1 diabetes), high blood pressure and cholesterol, and other issues. She has been falling apart the past ten or more years. So, I knew I would need the caffeine and such to keep me awake. I know that after 5 cups of coffee, I need to add fats in or it messes my stomach up and I didn’t want to switch to soda or energy drinks. So, ended up with about four hours sleep between going to bed and family texting after her surgery.
    Had humor of local cop stopping this morning when I just stopped at a corner and was texting family and checking to see if I was all right. Which I was. In all the time I’ve been here, nobody has done it since they all knew me and my walking habits.
    I know I wanted to say more, but my mind is begging for sleep. I am going to have a long work night ahead.

Day 26 California NFD

My eating was fine today except I finished off with a sonic peanut butter cup blast ice cream 🤭

Day 27 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

F45 session this morning, and then I had training all morning at work so, although it hasn’t been a strict 16:8, I’ve only had a bit of milk in my coffee and a carrot as a snack, so have set up my day well. A change to my usual oat bran porridge for DAFD which can only be a good thing.

Steak and salad tonight for dinner, so assuming things will stay on course, these last two days have been examples of what a NFD should look like – hoping this help to influence NFD’s in the future to get my NFD’s back on track!

Still feeling absolutely exhausted – think my body is fighting a cold as I’ve been a bit sniffly, so hopefully push through without too much downtime.

@daffodil2010 good luck with the job! Sounds like you’re in a great position and mindset going into it.

@flourbaby at that price it’s hard to say no!!! I often feel terrible about food wastage, which results in my plate always ending up cleared…often unnecessary, feel your pain.

@betsylee such great news about the baggy pants!!

@ccco thanks for the recipe!! Given I eat low FODMAP (which means no onion/garlic) I may have to modify with spring onion and chives, but I absolutely love the sound of that, especially given we’re heading into winter!!

@annemarilyn nice work recognising a pattern and changing it up! Let us know how it goes.

Day 27 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

F45 session this morning, and then I had training all morning at work so, although it hasn’t been a strict 16:8, I’ve only had a bit of milk in my coffee and a carrot as a snack, so have set up my day well. A change to my usual oat bran porridge for DAFD.

Steak and salad tonight for dinner, so assuming things will stay on course, these last two days have been examples of what a NFD should look like – hoping this help to influence NFD’s in the future to get my NFD’s back on track!

Still feeling absolutely exhausted – think my body is fighting a cold as I’ve been a bit sniffly, so hopefully push through without too much downtime.

@daffodil2010 good luck with the job! Sounds like you’re in a great position and mindset going into it.

@flourbaby at that price it’s hard to say no!!! I often feel terrible about food wastage, which results in my plate always ending up cleared…often unnecessary, feel your pain.

@betsylee such great news about the baggy pants!!

@ccco thanks for the recipe!! Given I eat low FODMAP (which means no onion/garlic) I may have to modify with spring onion and chives, but I absolutely love the sound of that, especially given we’re heading into winter!!

@annemarilyn nice work recognising a pattern and changing it up! Let us know how it goes.

Day 27, Emden Germany, NFD

@ciren2, @debster251, @betsylee, @basyjames, @ann1239, @redrockgirl302, @ccco and others thinking of me, thanks, it’s good to have you around! Blood test results were normal, not signs of an infection. Blood test for thyroid medication will be next week, because I already lowered the dose. BP this morning was fine but left side of the body pretty weak, have problems with writing and holding things in my hand. This usually disappears after a while.

@ciren2 it’s always better to have company with doctor’s appointments, a lot of what is being said doesn’t make it to the brain. Did they set a date yet?
    @ann1239 your daily calorie intake isn’t that bad at all, you’re still under TDEE. Just go on.
    @daffodil2010 it must be an advantage you’re working there already, they know you.
    @flourbaby haha, it must be a conspiracy of them all! Well done on binning the 3 not eaten ones.
    @debster251 good BMI! How nice your OH benefits from leaving the breakfast out. Dr. Mosley isn’t known very well in Germany, that’s why we had a hard time explaining it to patients. Unknown is unloved.
    @betsylee just go by the fitting of clothes if you’re unsure things are moving in the right direction.
    @basyjames I totally fail on my less sugar month, too many temptations.
    @annemarilyn gosh, you’re so good at fasting several days in a row.
    @kaywesterman I hope your photo’s make it! What is a Lanai?
    @michelinme any plans for the holidays?
    @shelliz it must be water retention or food in transit!
    @hieiren your poor mother, she has a lot to deal with. I hope she feels better now they food out what caused the problems this time.

I think the next quote refers to this thread:

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” Oscar Wilde

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    (3rd in B2B2B)

Going well this week, one more push today before my long weekend starts tomorrow evening. It’s a busy weekend doing stuff though, I have to go to the bank to pay for the builders, then DH and I are fitting the solar panels to our camper van conversion (yes, it’s still ongoing and seemingly never ending but will be FAB when it’s done).

So hopefully less of the snacking and more of the working will help my NFD b

Modified exercises for sciatica and strengthening glutes and knees, as well as abs and back, so hopefully I won’t lose that momentum I was gaining on the 30DS.

Day 27 already. Anyone offering to host April? This forum essentially runs itself and its good to keep you motivated? Don’t be shy….☺️

Pocket list Day 27 –
    @daffodil2010

Day 27 Herefordshire UK

Sorry for not being around I disappeared down a rabbit hole halfway through the month and I haven’t quite climbed out but can see daylight, thank goodness! Have written March off, always annually a difficult month and this year sadly it got to me.
    Just started reading posts to catch up with you all and am concerned to read @snowflake56 you’ve not been very well, I’m sure you are in safe hands but hoping the medical team get to the bottom of it all and wishing you a speedy and full recovery. In the meantime take care my fasting friend and look after yourself as well as you look after all here, especially the extra love you’ve shared with everyone this month. Xxxx

Best wishes to all and hoping targets are being met.

Ta x

Day 27 – Manchester, England – FD

Hi All. Well I had very eaty days on Friday, Sunday and Monday over the weekend, resulting in me feeling terrible about eating so much crap and bad about myself in general. I also have another social weekend coming up, taking friends out for dinner on both Friday and Saturday. These are, of course, lovely things to do, but I feel like I really need a boot up the backside in order to not derail completely for the last few days we have left until the end of the month.

One reason that I think I made bad choices was because I didn’t have the same healthy stack of fruit and veg in that I had at the start of the month. I’ve been busy and tired and didn’t think I needed to go to stock up, so instead of having an apple or some tomatoes to reach for, I went for bread, butter, cheese and all of the things that I knew I shouldn’t be eating.

Anyway, I went out yesterday and did a big healthy shop, so now, I have those healthy things back in again. Also, I had a great FD yesterday. To make up for my weekend discretions, I am planning to have another one today and then, depending how I feel, another one or a CD on Thursday.

Pocket list Day 27 –
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm

Big thanks to everyone who sent commiserations re. me not getting the job interview. I’m feeling much better about it now. It’s just a bit scary to think I may be out of work in August! And I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up 😂😂😂

@bluesqueak – I like the sound of ploughman’s on a stick! I may have to try that because I love to get my cheese fix (this is one of the things that derailed me over the weekend). How many cals does that come into approximately?

@snowflake56 – I can’t believe how well the chicken recipe is going! We should probably make it again. We very rarely make the same thing twice! I’m glad your BP is better now. I hope you’re ok and feeling better too 😘

@shelliz – well done on reaching your goal! That’s great. I think the best way that we can prove something works is by showing people the evidence – our success! I believe from everything I’ve read – and this forum has had a huge impact – that this WoL works. I want (need?) to make this work and I want to prove it to myself and others too. We can do it! Speaking of which, how is the FD going? Stick with it… 🙂

@hieiren – sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she recovers well and things get better from here.

@daffodil2010 – glad to hear the sciatica is improving slowly and the stretches are helping. Here’s to a great FD today!

Day 27, London, UK, FD800

Quick check-in this morning, I’m feeling exhausted, yet I haven’t done anything yet!!!!

Today, I’m replicating yesterdays meal plan, salad for lunch, bone broth for dinner …….. this time I’ll skip the handful of cashews!!!!

It’s that time of the month again, where we have to sprint to the line to try to meet this months goals ………….. maybe!!! 5 days can make a big difference despite doughnut & cashew nut traps!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 27. NFD

My fastdays aren’t going that well. I just haven’t been in the right frame of mind so I’ve been cheating and wondering why things haven’t been going well. Not hard to work out why. So this morning I started ready Jason Fung again – his guide to fasting really explains why we need to attend to insulin levels in order to lose weight. Once I’ve finished brainwashing myself ( in a good way..) I’ll find it easier.
    Have a good day all. H

Day 27 UK CD/FD

Chcking in for accountability. Going to memorial service in an hour,reception is unlikely to have any vegan gf food. Also having tea with my mother – ditto.

Either I find a time to zoom to Pret and eat food unobtrusively or perhaps FD opportunity ahead of my holiday??! I’ll go forth intending control and be up for slipping to FD if needed. After all, it’s only a day – what could possibly go wrong?!

Hope you have a good day, whatever shape it is x

Day 27 London UK FD800 Long post alert!

Really struggled yesterday with hunger pangs. I ended up drinking two mugs of warm, salty water before going to bed (early for me) – then, of course, I had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the loo! This morning, however, I found my weight was 1 lb down from yesterday, which has encouraged me to carry on with my plan of FD800’s during Lent (allowing Sundays as Respite NFDs).

But I think I need to look at my eating pattern on Tuesdays. We have a staff lunch/meeting at 1pm, which is bring-your-own, so the calories are not a problem. But if I’m fasting, that means I have breakfast 8:30ish, then lunch at 1pm, then supper by 8:30pm. I think it may be that 7 and a half hour gap that convinces my body it’s really, really hungry. Normally I’m trying to space my meals equally for a 12:12 pattern – breakfast, ‘lunch’ 6hrs or so later, supper at the 12 hour point. What I might try next Tuesday is going to 16:8, but do that by missing out breakfast, and starting with the staff lunch. Then a small high protein ‘tea’ and supper.

I’m thinking that when I stop the 6 FD800/1 NFD pattern for the normal 5:2, Tuesdays will in fact be good for fasting – I’m pretty busy and everyone brings in a packed lunch on Tuesdays – if I can just find some way of convincing my body that I’m not starving to death. 🙂

@daffodil2010 – hope the job applications go well.

@michelinme – vegan fish fingers???

@shelliz – might be the rice. Apparently if you cook the rice, let it get cold in the fridge and then reheat it the carbs become much more ‘resistant’ and that’s better for fasting.

@hieiren – sorry to hear about your Mother, but at least they now know what’s wrong, and hopefully can help her recover from it.

@snowflake56 – hope you recover soon – at least you know it’s not an infection and that the BP is returning to normal.

@aglowworm – yup, having healthy meals to reach for is important. I’m surviving on pre-cooked thingys in the freezer, because that way I can just reach for something when I realise that no, I can’t cook that biryani chicken I was planning to try… though the problem at the moment is that my freezer is full, partly because of the pre-cooked meals, but largely because I froze the four loaves of gluten-free bread someone kindly gave me just after I stopped eating bread for Lent. 😀

Bread and butter is deadly, but apparently cheese is an okay snack, especially if you try and match it with an apple, pear etc. The phrase used in the FD800 book is ‘matchbox sized’. I think they mean the small matchboxes…

Ploughmans on a stick comes to about 400 calories, depending on exact ingredients – fine for an FD800 day, probably need to only have two meals on a 500 calorie day.

@flourbaby – hope the exhaustion goes away!

@emmataylor – yes, frame of mind is really important. I’ve been finding Lent really important in sticking to the 800 calories – it’s Lent, I’m *supposed* to be fasting. 😉

Day 27 Melb Aust. NFD

Well, today’s FD was a disaster – morphed into a NFD with far too much chocolate. At least I worked hard in the garden for about 90 minutes, so may have worked a little of the excess off. This is not good, though. I’ve now stored all chocolate away, and will try for B2B FDs tomorrow and Friday. This is a very dangerous time of year for me, when I really find it hard to eat sensibly – but I must. Will NOT upset my weight loss progress! Eeek!

Day 26-USA-FD

Just popping in to add myself to the Pocket list and say “Hi!” I am losing a pound for every 2 water fasts, and they are easier for me than doing 500. I don’t seem to be as hungry or tempted to keep eating. I also have more time and energy available for other things. This WOL does take a certain mindset of befriending hunger when it comes and embracing it while not feeding/fixing it. It passes like a child’s tantrum.

Will catch up on the posts later today. Happy Fasting!

Day 26 Pocket List
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ann1239 FD800
    @ccco WFD
    @aglowworm
    @annemarilyn
    @russetfox
    @fiftyandfabulous

Day 27 USA (Illinois) FD

Going to do a 500-700 day today. Not sure if the Pocket List is current …
    @fiftyandfabulous may have copied Day 26 instead of 27? I will try and make a new one!

Pocket list Day 27 –
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @bluesqueak
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

USA Day 27 FD

Going for a water fast today, since yesterday turned into an epic feast day instead. Total loss of control! Something I’ve been doing lately!

Adding myself to today’s pocket list.

Pocket list Day 27 –
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @bluesqueak
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @songbirdme
    @ccco

I can’t remember who on here said it but today begins my sprint to the finish of March.

Good luck, everyone!

almost Day 28 country west Australia NFD
    Well the past 12 months have not been great for me regarding 5:2 – and all totally self-inflicted.
    Such good intentions….
    Anyway, at last have a couple of minutes after an unbelievably ‘get up at dawn and work 18 hours a day with sick aged parents etc ( excuses I know but…), fall into bed, grab a few hours sleep and start all over again’ cycle.
    So I am lurking with the intention of trying to see the wagon in the very distant wide blue yonder and huff and puff my way back to it so I can cling onto it by my fingernails hoping to start April with some renewed…. something. Vigor? Motivation? Accountability? Who knows. Just hoping to at least do ONE decent FD some time soon.😞

Day 27 Wales NFD

Still busy, hopefully catch up soon. Need to remain accountable as feel like the very hungry caterpillar today, trying to sit on hands to not eat everything in sight.

USA Day 27 FD
    Second Post

My water fast is going well so far. I understand why I might be a little dizzy when not eating but not why I am nauseous! In any case, being nauseous makes it easier for me to not eat!

Hope everyone’s day is going well!

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

What a nightmare day at work! My delivery took over FIVE HOURS! Polling cards (for MAY!) every single house. We also had to count them, because we get paid 4p for each one! Also stacks and stacks of parcels and Wednesdays is always a very busy day on the post. People kept saying “you’re late….” well, yes….but I stayed calm.
    @snowflake56: yes, DH does have a date for his operation. It’s keyhole surgery, apparently, hence only one day in hospital. End of April.
    @daffodil2010: I’ll host April if no-one else is offering.
    I don’t know how to do the spreadsheet though. Someone else will have to set that up, I’m afraid. Also, you won’t have to mind that I haven’t done 5:2 myself for ages….ahem! I fell off the wagon.

Day 27 North Canton CD

Started the day thinking it would be a FD but felt so lacking in energy, I transitioned to CD.

Thank you for offering to host @ciren2

@lilymartin hang in there, you will get back on the train. Maybe try 800 to get your mojo back?

Have a fun day everyone, keep the faith.

Day 27, Germany, NFD
    Had 3 rather big but healthy meals today plus ice cream with my son in the afternoon…
    Could be worse if it stays like that.
    I can read that many of us are struggling at the moment. But I can also read that everybody is willing to keep on going which is great and also gives me strength!
    Tomorrow is my 2nd FD this week. I might add another f800 on friday. The end of the month is coming up soon and I would really love to reach my goal of the month!
    Also in 2 1/2 weeks I’ll go on a Wellness trip with my husband. Food is always amazing there so it would be nice to have lost some more weight until then 😉
    Perhaps next week I’ll do a couple more 800s…
    Keep going everyone!!!
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Day 27 Belfast NFD

I spent the afternoon planting 300 snowdrops in the green. Tedious work, but it will be lovely next spring.

@shelliz – the cherry blossom is on my bucket list. It must so beautiful.
    @hieiren – I hope your mum gets her problems sorted.
    @daffodil2010 – will your van be ready to use this year?
    Good to see you back @lilymartin. It’ll be great to see you posting again.
    @ciren2 thank you for volunteering and keeping the torch burning. The thread virtually runs itself, so hopefully it’s not too onerous a job.

Lots of good sugar free ticks and three weigh ins at a good weight 😜. If my weigh in is good at the end of the month, I’ll return my name to green. Yay!

Every day is an opportunity to start again and be better
    Misty Copeland principal ballerina

Day 27 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Broke my fast at 63 hours and a bit, a little after 11 AM my time here in the Pacific Northwest. I enjoyed a good LCHFMP meal. Now fasting until a special event tomorrow evening; should be about 18 hours w/o food but lots of liquid.

@lilymartin – I appreciated your checking in, in the midst of a demanding season of life for you. 🙂

@ccco – I’m not sure how long you’re water fasting. If one fasts for quite a while, hydration and salt are important. On my longer fasts, I’m popping a pinch of pink salt crystals under my tongue plus water of course. It should help for any weakness and often nausea. Dr. Fung recommends salt mostly to keep electrolytes up plus magnesium; that’s it.

@ciren2 – I looked up key hole surgery as I hadn’t heard of that expression. Here I usually hear about laparascopic surgery. I think key hole makes good sense for a knee/leg area. May things go well for your hubby!

@miraclelou – your Wellness trip sounds interesting. Can you describe it?

@aglowworm – your work perhaps ending in August and not sure of what’s next; I can identify. It is kind of like not knowing what you want to be when you grow up. I’m in a similar place. I finished my full-time teaching with final salary last August. In fall I had part-time work at a local university. Then unexpectedly in January, my services weren’t needed. I’m figuring out my next step. It’s exciting but unsettling too. I wish you well.

@Emmataylor – hope you get your fasting mojo back. The Complete Guide to Fasting by Dr. Jason Fung should encourage you. I need to keep reading his books. I’m most of the way through The Obesity Code and have The Diabetes Code at the ready as well.

@bluesqueak – suggestion, perhaps be sure to add a healthy fat on Monday in anticipation of Tuesday. I’ve recently started using avocado in a veggie dip; kind of a variation of guacamole. That’s one of my healthy fat go tos. Having healthy fats helps our body to burn fat, not just from the foods but from our fat stores in our bodies. That’s the goal for most of us.

@debster251 – wow planting 300 little plants; quite the project. I looked them up and see they’re quite lovely. Are they fragrant? Good for you for getting back to maintenance!

@snowflake56 – I do pray your body will be strengthened so you can carry on in better health my friend. Thank you for the wonderful quotes. Today’s really hit the spot. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” Oscar Wilde

USA Day 27 FD
    Last Post

After 24 hours, I finally broke my fast with a meal. I decided to make it high in protein because that should stay with me for awhile. I hope to have another 24 hour fast tomorrow, water only like today. Today went well despite being nauseous and cold. Thanks, AnneMarilyn! I will take your suggestion about the fluids and pink salt tomorrow. I have pink salt but didn’t know it could be useful.

Have a lovely evening/night. See you all tomorrow!

Day 27 – USA – FD556 with 1800+ calorie burn

I’m behind on reading the posts, and I will not be on the forum much for the next few days as hubs is on vacation and we are celebrating his birthday. Hopefully I will not go completely wild!

My WF plan today morphed into a 500 because hubs and I went on a hike today and it was more strenuous than we planned. The spring trails were not only hilly, but a mixture of ice, snow pack, and mud to our ankles! It was crazy difficult to stay upright with all the inclines and ice/snow/mud – progress was slow and hard-fought. Thankfully I brought my hiking pole. Once you are several miles out, there is no way but forward. No quitting at that point.

We ended up hiking 5 hours in the woods and logging quite a few miles! The sights and sounds were glorious.

I had some Cheerios and dried fruit on the hike and some turkey/veg meatloaf and milk when we got home. I felt I needed some protein and complex carbs after those punishing miles.

This was not the WF I had originally planned, but still a good fast day!

Hope you are finding joy in your journey today!

“Let us live thoughtfully, flourish fairly, steward gladly, and daily grow hope.”

Day 28 country West Australia NFD
    It’s good to be back on this supportive and interesting forum.
    I love reading about what you’re all doing and how people are going – Is this the only forum where we actually celebrate a loss and commiserate with a gain??
    Feeling a bit hopeful that I might start to behave sensibly food and health wise, for a nanosecond at least.
    The problem with being busy and not planning is lots of fast food ( actually hardly qualifies as ‘food’ most of it but handy to grab as one rushes in and out)and thousands of unexpected calories plus trans fats. I think my arteries are about to collapse with all the junk that I have put into my body in the past 6 months.
    Day at a time at present and this is the start of a brand new day.
    Hi to all the ‘oldies’ and newbies.
    Thanks in advance to @ciren2 for hosting in April. Much appreciated. 👍😀 Wagonwise, I know how you feel! I think the wagon must be slippery or on a slope – very easy to fall off!
    @basyjames, thanks for advice. Yes I think I will start with 800 cals and see how I go.
    Funnily enough I found it so much easier to fast in 2016/17 than I currently do.
    I think it was hitting the plateau FOR. SO. LONG. that was the beginning of the end for me!
    Have a good day all.

Day 27 Second Post

@annemarilyn – funnily enough, I had a real craving for oily fish today. In the end, I changed my planned supper to a mackerel fillet and cabbage. So a healthy fat on Mondays might be a good idea.

Probably not the avocado, though, as the last one I ate made my face and throat swell up and I found myself in Accident & Emergency. The Doctor thought it may have been pesticide residue rather than the avocado itself, but advised me to avoid them in future. 🙂

Day 27 second post

Clock just hit day 28 but i’m typing in the bath en route to bed!

FULL day. Goodness. And coldy. But head in a good place bc I started the day with yoga & meditation. Memorial, reception, tea with mother, prep for evening service, lent course – a full 10 hrs out of the house and I’m knackered.

Only ate a gf shortbread thing and a small apple, came home and had baked sweet potato with coconut oil & savoury yeast, balsamic braised red cabbage and sprouts with a peanut dressing. Yum. Remarkably good CD.

I can see something different when i look at my body in themirror but not sure what it is – perhaps fat suit shrinking on upper body? Look forward to measuring – but will be away for my usual Friday weigh day and start of April. Will measure and be mindful, and hope that works.

Tomorrow AM i’m packing & off to the wilds of Norfolk to stay in friend’s vicarage. V small town, big garden, lovely husband who enjoys cooking and is primed to be cooking “rabbit food”! My plan is to rest, read, write and catch up with myself and friends. First holiday in a year bc pneumonia last summer and not well enough to go away.

Vegan fish fingers are frozen insta-food…they’re glutaceous so I’m not supposed to eat them. And not particularly tasty, but somehow I’m hooked. I eat them with vegan mayo mixed with wasabi paste. If I’m going to keep the habit of vegan fish I must do some research and find a way to make something with the fishy taste w/o the breadcrumbs…

@snowflake56 go gently. So glad your DH is a doctor 🙂
    @lilymartin welcome back, lovely to hear from you
    @debster251 love the sound of your snowdrops
    @ciren2 – yay!!! well done you for volunteering 🙂 x

Must go zzz Go well good people

2nd post on day 27 –

@bluesqueak – oh no about the reaction to pesticides! I don’t blame you for looking to something else. I fortunately have organic avocados available and GMO free when possible. Trader Joe’s pride’s itself in non-GMO items.

@michelinme – enjoy your holiday! May it refresh you!

Day 28, Japan, NFD

Yesterday’s morning as I wrote I was really feeling blah and didn’t want to go to work. But then I decided to write my daily post in this topic once I reach my workplace and go to see the cherry blossoms at noon while making it a FD.

Turned out the cherry blossoms were awesome! They were so delightful and really lightened my mood up. Then I had my favorite salad, went back to work and everything went so smoothly. When I was about to go home, both a lady in my team and my boss sent me a message saying that I was really doing a good job and they would like to thank me! You won’t imagine how rare it is for Japanese ppl to give compliments directly… I felt so honored and was so glad that I went to work yesterday!

That salad I had at noon was the only thing I ate yesterday so it was a successful FD as well. The scale this morning proved that. What a wonderful day!

The cherry blossoms in Japan right now are absolutely stunning. I would love to share some photos with you when the flowers fully open in a few days.

@matpi @debster251 the cherry blossoms were amazing! Just wait a little bit for the photos if you wish xx

@hieiren Sounds tough. Really hope everything will get better soon.

@snowflake56 Good to hear that your blood test results were not bad.

@aglowworm Yes together we can do it! My FD went really well thanks to this topic! I find hot water with dried lemon slices really keeps me away from wanting a snack during the day. Maybe give it a try?

@bluesqueak It’s my first time knowing that let cold the rice will change its carbs! Being Asian I really can’t avoid rice in many situations and that piece of advice really helps.

@ciren2 Thank you so much for offering to host for April!

@michelinme I have seen recipes of fried tofu used for vegan fishfingers. They added nori(dried seaseed) into the tofu to acheive the fish taste I guess. Never tried it but sounds not too bad.

Day 27, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Quick late check in. Will read posts later.

Hope everyone is doing ok. ⚘⚘⚘

Day 27- Ohio fd b2b

Today’s fd seems to be much easier than yesterday was. I noticed that I was tempted to get sodas since I was so tired. But, I also was doing bathroom runs, so letting go of liquids for the month. Today is a stomach rumbling with no real desire to eat. Did make a smoothie of tofu with spinach, raspberry and cherry that was still low calorie. I have noticed that one of those seem to fill me and keep me comfortably full longer than any other meals. That frozen tip from earlier seems to make them even more filling. I still have my chili for work lunch, which will be my dinner. And I am finding myself changing what to eat the rest of the week. Rent week means drain the pantry week too. I forgot about a can of dolmas, so it’s getting eaten this weekend a couple meals.
    Thanks everyone about with mother. She is still in hospital until her blood work gets better. Her siblings wish she was getting transferred to the other hospital where they will run the more in depth one. They have been texting her more than normal now in the group text though she keeps from giving info until I would normally waking up.
    To everyone who is getting to see cherry blossoms, I am so glad you guys get to enjoy it. I do wonder though, what do they do in the public places when the blossoms are done and the fruit comes?
    @snowflake56 Thanks for everything you’ve done this month.
    @michelinme Yeah, I’ve had the tofu with the nori on it. It had a beer batter with it and it was pretty close. It didn’t work unless pan fried though. If you want, I can look and see if I can find the recipe again. Congrats to see changes as the weight goes down.

Day 28 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Quick check in, will catch up on posts later. Went to the doctor regarding my fatigue and they think it might be a combination of allergies and very low iron. Blood test should tell me more early next week.

@ccco tried a modified version of your cabbage today, yum!! Thanks for the recipe, will definitely became a FD staple.

Pocket list day 28
    @gretta

2nd post

@hieiren The answer is… the trees for cherry blossoms do no yield fruits! After the flower the leaves grow in spring and fall in autumn, that’s it. The trees are planted using branches instead of seeds.

The most seen cherry blossom tree is called ‘Somei-yoshino’ which blooms at this time of year, but there are also thousands of other varieties.

Day 28, Emden Germany, NFD

@ciren2 thank you so much for hosting April, I need a break from fasting but could host the May challenge. I can do the spreadsheet, if you want.
    @at havent’t heard from you a while. I hope you’re fine, just busy.
    @debster251 only 0.2lbs to get rid off and you can highlight your handle again! I liked your yesterday’s quote.
    @dingping how glad I am to hear from you, thought we had lost you! I wished happiness would be as infectious as the flu so I could give you some of mine. They can’t find the cause of the medical issue I have. I got tested on the weirdest illnesses but they found nothing. It comes and goes, but it scares us every time it happens.
    @aglowworm I’m the same, not enough healthy options in the house leads to unhealthy eating.
    @emma-taylor it’s not always easy to remember why we’re doing this. I often have to remeind myself why I am doing this.
    @bluesqueak your plan for Tuesdays sounds good. Do you have any concentration problems when you skip breakfast? Scary encounter with an avocado, glad they could fix it.
    @betsylee I think most of us can say: been there, done that. A few days of mindful eating will even it out.
    @lilymartin nice to have you with us again!
    @miraclelou a wellness trip sounds so good, what are the plans?
    @annemarilyn thanks, I’m a bit frustrated atm, I have so much to do. It’s convinient to have a doctor at hand, saves me from going to hospital every time this issue occurs.
    @michelinme I’m sure you’ll have a lovely, relaxing time at your friend’s house. I hope you will fully recover from the infections you atill have.
    @shelliz what a lovely day it turned out to be!
    @hieiren you’re welcome!
    @gretta could it be possible you’re not able to resorb the iron you get from food? We had a few patients with this problem and gave them the iron intravenously.
    @coda and @steffieagle I noticed a few changes on the psreadsheet, I hope you’re both doing well.

“Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.” Jim Beggs 😊

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s kind of final weigh in for March for me as I face into a long weekend and I know 1st April’s weigh in will include that long weekend 😄 Happy with breaching the plateau, even by a little bit, also lost another half inch of my waist, things firming up around the abs (loooong way to go still), working on building strength in places I did not realise were weak…….so yup, March has been a good month.

I look forward to April, and thank you @ciren2 for stepping up. I had a feeling in my bones yesterday that you just might, you are a star. Any help needed with the spreadsheet I can offer, and I know @snowflake56 has offered to set it up too (and well done @snowflake56 for that confidence, it’s fantastic to see how you “felt the fear, but did it anyway” regarding spreadsheets and now look how confident you are ☺️ I hope that saying is not lost in translation, it just meant you had the courage to tackle something that scared you.)

@debster251 ohhh snowdrops in the green, it’s going to look amazing next year and every year thereafter. I love those little forbears of Spring. Oh, re the camper, not sure if we I’ll have it ready for this year. Maybe a wee trip around Ireland in Sept but so much yet to do. We have bought all the big ticket items ready for installation (fridge, cooker, heaters, toilet etc etc) it’s fully insulated with cedar wood panelling, DH currently working on the electrics……huge job of work done but lots more to do.

@shelliz I look forward to seeing the photos of the cherry blossom. This season is called “Sakura” or something like that isn’t it? In my previous job I had monthly teleconferencing with Japan and at this time I year the guys would share so many lovely photos. And once it leaves Japan in another few weeks it’s cherry blossom time in Ireland. Yay!!

Have a great Thursday all.

2nd post

@ciren2 set up the spreadsheet for the April 2019 Challenge. Here is the link, I will open it to everyone as soon as you want it. I hope it works.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPNpgBGFcRiaQMBjH8WJeWTDI4RyFwC50Pu9rg0fKGs/edit#gid=0

Day 28 – Manchester, England – FD/CD

Hi all. quick check in. I hope everyone is doing ok. My 2nd FD went well yesterday. I’d like to do a FD today to make up for my indiscretions last weekend and what will be over the coming weekend!! But I’ll see how it goes. It may end up being a CD instead.

I hope everyone is going well. We’re nearly at the end of the month, so give it a final final push!! 💜

3rd post

@daffodil2010 and @shelliz “Hanami”?

@daffodil2010 perhaps a bit too confident now? Not sure the link works the way I want too, it now leads to my husbands mail adress. Help!

4th post

@ciren2 sorry, I had to give access to the April 2019 Challenge spreadsheed to everyone because otherwise it lead to my husband’s account. I can change the name of the challenge if wanted.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.