March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 909 total)

• Day 25 – Japan – WFD (#23 try 2)

@shelliz – You are also in Japan? I’m in Tokyo.
    About Microsoft breaking Edge on my computer. The amazing thing about Windows is the wide array of hardware it runs on. Much wider than even all the various distros of Linux combined if you exclude very low end devices. (Some forms of Linux can run even on 80286 processor systems, where modern windows won’t.) Anyway that is also a weakness as it is pretty much impossible for some changes not to break thing on some computers. That is even worse when all the various kinds of software are considered. This computer is probably about 8 years old and it has a very old and limited GPU even thought the CPU is okay. It is probably changes in the graphics systems that caused the problems with Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Edge is just eh most frustrating because Microsoft pretty much forced that over the older Explorer.

The reason I think Linux is a mess is because when someone says Linux you don’t know what they mean. It could be Redhat Linux like you have experience with or Ubuntu, or Debean or OpenSuse or Gentoo or FreeBSD or … you get the idea. Even within there types there are often many releases and these are similar but not really the same. Often programs have to be released in source and recompiled by each person. Not to mention the many strange commands that are required which vary by distro. Finally Linux is highly configurable which can cause the same release to even run very differently. In general given enough resources though, Linux does work well, however it bottoms out quickly if it doesn’t have enough memory or disk space.

The Mac OS is currently a variant of FreeBSD but one has to put in some effort to actually get to a shell. The biggest problem I have with Mac OS is that it hides information. On the surface it makes it appear simpler. However sometimes it makes things harder and and twice I’ve lost disk drives without warning on Macs or good backups. I’ve lost many disk drives on other operating systems but have always been about to recover data or backup in time because warning weren’t suppressed. Apple is more about making money than supporting long term use. Also Apple hardware is way overpriced for the actual quality. The computers look nice on the outside but the internal hardware isn’t worth the price in many cases and sometimes actually subpar. You can easily get the same circuit quality with a Windows computer, but you will only pay $$ instead of $$$$$ for it.

What a rant and nothing to do with fasting! On the fasting front I ate a huge vegie salad for super last night with very light dressing and a roasted sweet potato on the side. Wondering how that will effect me today. It was probably 500 calories total but a lot of food and I was very full. A low calorie density meal.

Day 24 London UK NFD

Hopefully the rest of Lent will be less frantic, as the church events I’d agreed to help organise is now done. It’s not that we haven’t got quite a few events coming up, but all I have to do is take part, not organise them. 🙂

Today was an NFD and it went fairly well – I think I was within my TDEE, and if not, only a few calories over.

@snowflake56 – I’m still working my way through the recipes in the Blood Sugar Diet book, so haven’t worked out my favourite yet. Most of the ones I’ve tried are pretty tasty; I particularly liked Ploughman’s-on-a-stick, which reminded me strongly of your bite counting, @matpi. It’s simply hard cheese (60 grams), ham (again, about 60 grams), a small apple and some small cocktail onions. Divide all these into nine pieces (well, except for the cocktail onions), then put them on kebab sticks. Add a tablespoon of pickle, and eat away.

What I like about it is that it makes a small amount of food look fun, and the kebab sized bites mean you practically have to eat slowly. I may try more kebabs…

There’s also a chilli variation on the traditional ham, lentil and tomato soup which is rather nice, and very filling.

@ciren2 – glad you’re feeling better and could enjoy this lovely Spring weather. Using the drone to check on the cattle – good idea, especially with the size of Australian Cattle Stations.

@michelinme – I’m not Vegan, but I’ve been finding the (Vegan) Lunchbox bars in the Fast 800 book great for ‘I’m too tired/rushed to even heat up something from the freezer.’ They defrost very quickly.

@debster251 – sorry to hear that your friend doesn’t see the benefits of making a change. It is one of the problems with obesity, though – losing weight just seems so overwhelming that it’s easier not to try.

Back on the sugar wagon tomorrow? 🙂

@kaywesterman – Great that your friend won a prize. It does make all the hard work of going to a show, setting up etc seem worthwhile, doesn’t it? And a sale as well – a good weekend. My showing experience was on the animal side, so the sitting and eating was interspersed with running around in the ring showing the animals off. It did help break things up.

Wishing everyone a good week.

@shelliz – I agree that your English is great!

2nd post

@ciren2 @debster251 @michelinme @bluesqueak Wow thanks for your kind comments on my English! I think posting here every day would be some good practice for my English as well! Learning from everyone here 🙂

@dykask I’m in Tokyo too! Yay! We seem to be a little bit ahead of everyone else regarding the time zone thing.

I’m wondering how do you reply to someone using the @ mark?
    Until now I just copy and paste every single name and handtype the @ mark, works fine but a little bit hard to do on a mobile device.
    Any tricks I’m not aware of?

Day 24-USA-FD

Hope everyone had a successful fast day today!!

Pocket List Day 24
    @ccco
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @redrockgirl302
    @michelinme
    @chipmunk13
    @russetfox

“True discipline is really just self-remembering; no forcing or fighting is necessary.”

Day 25, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

@daffodil2010 I hope your back feels better this morning.
    @debster251 it’s hard to convince someone so unwilling to change, most people we told about 5:2 immediately blocked off, they didn’t even wanted to listen. The ones that tried it, stayed with it and did very well.
    @aglowworm I hope everything is calm again. Made the harissa chicken again last night, today I’m having the soup made of the leftovers. So delicious.
    @russetfox it’s seems to be a good idea our husbands had, finding chocolate in strange places makes it less appealing to me. No need to eat it yet.
    @rafiki44 they don’t come in the house, I suppose. But how do you get your garden back?
    @shelliz your English is amazing, I struggle every day.
    @songbirdme congratulations on the opening of the children’s museum. How was the response? Couldn’t open the link.
    @chipmunk13 what a lovely idea and a very touching TEDx talk. Little things can make a difference.
    @bluesqueak will try both tomorrow, today I’m having soup and gherkins.

Pocket list day 25
    @snowflake56
    @chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask

We need a host for next month, who wants to give it a go? I need a break after this month so won’t be around.

“Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay possitive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” Mary Lou Retton

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Weigh in this morning post weekend showed the usual weight gain, but less than it normally was when I was on the plateau…so yay, hopefully by the end of the week I will have moved further on.

Thanks everyone for your hints and tips re sciatica. @annemarilyn and @michelinme I took an Epsom salt bath yesterday and liberally sprayed magnesium oil on my sore bits afterwards and slept really well. Sciatic nerve not giving me much trouble today, it was very painful on Saturday and trying to change gears in my car was a challenge.

I have found stretching exercises and will aim to strengthen my back and my glutes so I avoid this happening again.

It’s a short week for me as I have taken Friday off to do stuff. Also, I am applying for the permanent position in my job (some of you oldies will know that I changed careers suddenly last year and am now on contract) so hopefully things will look up there.

Have a great Monday.

Day 25 UK FD

Yesterday fine, today is full but I think I’m organised. Started with early yoga & meditation, head in a good place. Only desk day til post-holiday & tons to fit in so going to be disciplined.

FD food plan – thinking maybe carrot soup at lunchtime – less than 100 calories a portion and warming/filling. Apple or clementine with a couple of brazil nuts if needed. Vegetable chilli with tofu & peas already defrosted and waiting in fridge.

Wishing you all a good Monday x

Day 25 Pocket List

@chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @snowflake56
    @michelinme

Day 25 Belfast FD

Thanks for all your kind words regarding my friend. For a 62 yo who has deteriorated so quickly, im so worrqied about her and I just needed to vent. Thanks.
    Thanks for the links @chipmunk.
    Hopefully @daffodil2010 you’re over the hump and on the mend. Xo

Day 25 Pocket List
    @chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @snowflake56
    @michelinme
    @debster251

It’s hard to believe that we are on the final straight in this month. Let’s have a big push as we hurtle towards the end of the month.

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER 💪💪💪💪💪

Day 25 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Firmly pressing the Reset button for a Monday FD

Day 25 Pocket List
    @chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @snowflake56
    @michelinme
    @debster251
    @missybear

Together we are stronger 😊

Day 25. London FD

I’m going out for lunch twice ( count ‘em) today, so joining the fasters will be a bit of a challenge….

However

Day 25 Pocket List
    @chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @snowflake56
    @michelinme
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor.

Have a good day all. It’s beautiful in London today.

Day 25 Melb Aust 9:50 p.m. TDEE
    Day 24 FD800, Day 23 CD, Day 22 FD800

Frustrated! Hate plateaus. Weekend weigh-in had me 0.1 kg over the previous week, but I usually plateau at around 76 kg. Not much time left to get down to my 75 kg goal for the month. Well, frustration today led to a TDEE day instead of a FD800, so I’ll fast tomorrow, and try to include at least 2-3 more this week. Have to shake this plateau.

Lots happening with everyone – dentists, sciatica, TOM, weight losses and gains, computer glitches, and food advice; all good. Too far behind to comment on it all, but glad to be part of this WOL and forum.

So will start tomorrow’s pocket list early:

Day 26 Pocket List
    @betsylee FD800

Day- 25- FD- Atlanta, Ga. -USA

2nd post

Taking myself from today’s pocket list. BP way too low, so no fasts for me anymore this month.

Day 25 Pocket List
    @chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @michelinme
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor

Day 25 – USA – NFD

It’s not a fasting day for me today so I’m taking myself off the list. 🙂

Day 25 Pocket List
    @chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @michelinme
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor

Day 25 Canton OH FD

@snowflake whats going on with your BP? I hope you fell better soon and hydrate!
    @betsylee hang in there. I read somewhere that plateaus are an important part of weight loss ; they give your body a chance to get used to the multiple changes that are taking place on the cellular level. The human body is incredibly complex and always trying to maintain homeostasis, it therefore tries to avoid the huge swings that can occur with weight loss – think electrolyte changes, body fat, water loss etc etc. Plateaus are protective and necessary for your health. It does not mean you are not making progress, you just can’t see it on the scale. I hope that helps 🙂

@daffodil2010 I am sure you will get the permanent job! I look back and marvel at how well everything worked out for you.

Gott get back to the grindstone. Stay strong every one.

Day 25 Pocket List
    @chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @michelinme
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @basyjames

Day 24 – USA – NFD

I stepped on the scale this morning and it says that I have reached my March goal early. Whoop, whoop

The loss was after a week of literally eating whatever I wished including chocolate croissant, fried chicken, a piece of pie, a cookie and sweet potato fries. I just ate to my goal weight TDEE every day, and adhered to proper portion sizes. When I’m out of calories I stop eating. I’ve also been getting to the gym a few days a week and purposing to get more incidental movement throughout the day. Couldn’t be more thrilled with the 5/2 protocol! It’s so much doable for me than having to do a special diet or low calorie diet everyday.

@betsylee I can so relate to yoir plateau frustration. I was on a 5-week plateau…and I was starting to wonder if things would ever get moving again. I started water fasting this month and it seems to have gotten things progressing again. Hang in there!

@michelinme I love the feeling of being organized and in a good headspace. It sounds like you are setting yourself up for success!

@debster251 It is hard to be powerless when others are in the throes of addiction and suffering for it. You planted the seed and you will be ready to support your friend when and if she is ready. You never know what is going on behind the scenes even though someone has their defenses and walls up.

Yes, lets stay focused on our daily goals and finish the month strong!💪💪💪

Day 25 – Manchester, England – NFD

Quick check in to say hi and remind myself to stay on track. I hope everyone is doing ok. We’re nearly at the end of March – I can’t quite believe it! Good luck to all you fasters today. Together, we can achieve anything!

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Checking in quickly before off to a full day of activities.

@fiftyandfabulous – congratulations on your goal weight! And isn’t this WOL just terrific? Don’t you want to shout about it to everyone you meet? (especially those you see who could really get healthier by doing it?!)

Onward and downward.

3rd post

@basyjames I have no idea, I had a good FD last Thursday, almost fainted on Friday. Since than my BP is ~115/70 mmHg in the morning and goes down during the day without any medication and I’m almost fainting and have nausea and headaches. Now my thyroid medication also seems to derail, my face tickles. Will have a blood test tomorrow, I don’t show any signs of infection. I decided to stop fasting for a while so just sitting in my chair, cat sleeping on my lap and reading a book. Oh well, it will get better soon, I think.

Day 25 Wales NFD

Quick check in to stay on track.

@snowflake so sorry you aren’t doing well, hope the docs will know what’s wrong soon. Love and cwtches xx

Day 25, London, UK, NFD,

Well @shelliz, I can safely say, your English is sooooooo much better than my Japanese, which isn’t difficult, since I don’t speak ANY Japanese!!!!!

@songbirdme ……………… Maintenance is looking GOOD on you, congratulations, your hard work has paid off with getting the museum open…………. Finally!!!

@debster251, only one thing you can say ………………….. Good Luck!!!! It may seem harsh, but I’m tired of preaching about this WOL and getting the SAME response about starvation or even dying!!!! I’m with you on the sugar wagon, or is that off(?) you see, there was this doughnut……………………. Enough said!!!!

@emma taylor, two lunches??? I’m feeling like I missed a memo!!!!

@snowflake56, look after yourself, practise a bit of pampering and hopefully you’ll recover.

Late & quick check-in from me, I’m back to work tomorrow, so back to fasting, however, the weekend of NFDs hasn’t had the usual effect on the bouncy-bouncy scales!!!!………………… I hope I didn’t jinx that!!!!

USA Day 25 FD800

My FD went awry yesterday, so today I have a plan to do under 800 calories. I am late again today but wish to add myself to the pocket list. I have been reading all the posts but haven’t had enough time to reply to all. I can’t believe the month is almost over. They seem to go by so fast.

Pocket list:

@chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @michelinme
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @basyjames
    @ccco

Hope everyone has a successful and happy day!

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Another beautiful day. Delivering the mail was hard work, we had a bulk mailing from the Coventry Building Society, and as it’s the only BS in the town, everyone seems to have at least one account with it! Also two lots of leaflets to work in, (just knowing everyone will throw them away) so went over time.
    @songbirdme: watched your little film. It’s nice to put a face to the name. You’re looking good on 5:2, may I say?
    @snowflake56: Sorry to hear about your low blood pressure causing you to feel faint. Are you drinking enough?
    @shelliz: Just write the name with the @ in front and it comes up right. No need to copy and paste one name…..only the pocket list.

Day 25 second post

Successful FD in that I forgot to eat xc apple at 5pm, drank 1.5 litres water and 0.5 litre ginger tea. But should have drunk a lot more – got stuck in at desk, lost track of time, ran out of water, didn’t hold the thought long enough to go to kitchen… Need to drink lots, eat supper and get to bed by 10pm.

Got two big things done and a few of the small ones. Net gain overall, and 10 things b/f to tomorrow… which will be an unexpectedly full day….short notice BIG presentation at the end of the day in another town.. so train commute and countryside, smart clothes and focused brain needed from 5pm! Need my zzzzzz

@snowflake56 so sorry you are feeling ill – it sounds very unpleasant. Hope you are better v soon xx

Day 25 London UK FD800

Weight stayed stable after yesterday’s NFD – possibly the trick is to stick to the 12 hour window for food, and not eat late at night.

In other news, my hips have finally decided to shed 1/2 inch (1.5 cm). It seems my body is moving selectively through its fat stores rather than shrinking in all directions at once. My waist was the first to go, now stable at 32.5 in (82.5 cm), then my upper thighs, which I don’t measure – but those jeans which were tight at the beginning of the month are now comfortably loose. Maybe now it’s the hip fat’s turn?

@snowflake56 – look after yourself, check with the doctor (maybe the thyroid meds need adjusting?) and definitely don’t fast.

Day 25- Ohio fd
    Yesterday turned into a fs day, though planned meals didn’t get completely eaten. Stomach would not stop feeling empty. Looks like normal for this week of month though. Hoping tonight will be busier than last night at work, too. They are still running tests on my mother to figure out what went wrong and have no answers. Same situation as previous times, so I am just waiting for her to be released. Having my last chili tonight along with leftover veggies from yesterday’s snack. About to make a chia pudding too. Yep, it fits in and no sugar. I find it with the veggies quite filling. With the leggings, I find it is quite easy to do exercise at the walking path in the colder weather. Even was bad and turned on the Pokemon Go app for first time in a while. Used to play it a lot with boyfriend when we lived nearby and had date nights.
    @snowflake56- huge hugs. Take care of yourself. Hope it gets figured out what is going wrong.

Day26 Wellington, NZ NFD

Yesterday was more of a CD than a FD but no matter, wasn’t too bad.

Anyone not feeling well, best wishes for feeling better.

Hope everyone is tracking well.

Day 25, Germany, FD 800
    Hey there! Plans changed and so I was able to do my usual Monday fast day. It’s strange but somehow I feel that I have eaten too much. I was a little out of control at my evening ‘meal’ that I had while driving in my car and then standing in the kitchen… 🙄
    Not the nice way – still 800 cals but doesn’t feel good!
    @snowflake hope you will feel much better very soon!
    @fiftyandfabolous wow – that sounds tempting, to eat just what you like – up to your TDEE! congratulations that you could stop there and even lost weight like that! 👏
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Day 26 NFD
    Day 25 FD (480cal)
    Weekend NFD

Overdue check-in but Monday just escaped me. Very tired today, so will try to have plenty of water and peppermint tea to fend off the hunger that tiredness often brings!

Weekend was lovely, but overdid the food, including sugar and carbs – however I was able to stay pretty sensible alcohol wise, which I’m happy about.

Have been managing the FD’s ok (even when they’re a struggle), now to tackle the NFD’s – might be time to re-read some fast diet books, and get onto some podcasts to reaffirm the benefits (beyond weightloss). Havign said that, I’m feeling very heavy, so need to try and manage the after work feasting.

I’ve moved offices recently, and there’s an informal run club every Thursday lunchtime – up to this point only guys were attending (it’s a construction project, so ladies are unfortunately the minority) but I’ve committed to join! Went along for a bit of an intro run club run yesterday, legs a little sore today, but the group motivation was great! And will be nice to meet a few new people in the office 

Just found an ‘ABC All in the Mind’ with Michael Mosley as the guest, talking “Health in Body and Mind” – very good listen for anyone interested!

@snowflake56 thanks  I got through it…just! I’m hanging in there, just hope the fasting motivation reappears soon…!!!
    @russetfox glad the tooth pain has resolved! I hate fillings…!!
    @aglowworm what restraint!! I’ve been known to steal many a chip from the husband. I think I need to start channelling your mindfulness need/want mantra – well done! Bummer about the job. Sometimes the knock backs are a blessing. Time to look forward to the next opportunity – the right thing will come along!
    @fiftyandfabulous what a great result for March!
    @ccco are you able to share the cabbage recipe? My grandma makes the most delicious cabbage (Macedonian/Hungarian style with paprika) though it’s quite oily, should try and modify.
    @shelliz amazing progress!! Keep up the good work!!

Still trying to catch up on posts, sorry for not replying to everyone!

Day 25 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Day 25 Pocket list:

@chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @michelinme
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

Posting later in the day and I see @gretta, you’re already on the 26th.
    Yesterday evening I began a liquid fast, mostly water. Have also had some black coffee (which I prefer with HWC) and a cup of peppermint tea so far. I’m almost at 20 hours of what I hope will be at least a 72 hour fast or more. I do have a social engagement Thursday evening so will break then at the latest.

@snowflake56 – I hope you get things figured out so you get feeling better. I have so appreciated your hosting this month. Hopefully someone will step up to take on April.

Yes, together we are stronger!

Day 25, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Quick check in. Busy day. Will read posts later.

Hope everyone has/had a good Monday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 25. USA FD800

I did not keep my fast day in check, so I did not lose much.

Mon: 842
    Tues: 987
    Wed: 752
    Thur: 1100
    Fri: 980
    Sat: 945
    Sunday: 1459

Trying to get it within the 800 range tomorrow.

As of today, 768 calories. Going to brush my teeth so I don’t snack on something else.

Day 26, Japan, NFD

Yesterday I ended up with 360 kcal which is a little bit lower than planned. Was about to have some steamed chicken breast for dinner but came home at 23:00 feeling that I should not eat anything right before going to bed. So a liquid fast day in the end. Did feel some dizziness at night… Do people doing water fast feel dizzy or lack of energy? Maybe because I’m having a very long ToM…9th day today…might try it again when I hit a plateau sometime.

A friend said she wanted to lose some weight before summer and I told her about this WoL that I’m practicing, sadly she seemed not to believe that this will do any good for the body and assumed that she could never fast even a single day. That’s the same reaction that I get from my family and I do feel a little bit frustrated that no one around me really understand what I’m doing and do not want to try it for themselves.
    I think I’m just going to prove with my own results. Got a little bit more motivated now hahaha. 😉

Oh and I reached my goal for March this morning! Hooray!! Hopefully I can keep up to it even after some NFDs. I’m going on a long vacation next month so a little bit worried.

It’s still so cold here in Tokyo! Wish everyone a nice spring/autumn day!

@snowflake56 Aww hope you are feeling better now! We can slow down our pace whenever we need in this WoL. And I think your English is amazing from the beginning!
    @daffodil2010 Hope you can get the permanent position! I’m on contract too and will try applying later this year.
    @debster251 What a coincidence… my friend did not believe in this WoL either yesterday. That made me realize how open-minded we are here in the forum!
    @fiftyandfabulous congrats on reaching your goal weight! Yaay! Together we can do it!
    @flourbaby hahaha that’s so sweet of you!
    @gretta I admire anyone who can run…Your effort will sure pay back!

Day 26. London. FD!

What possessed me to think I could fast yesterday when I was meeting two people for two different lunches. It could have been worse but it definitely wasn’t a FD.

I’m having another go today. My BMI is just over 26. I need to lose about 15 lbs to get comfortably into the 24 plus BMI range. Doable, I reckon.

Day 26 pocket list

@emma-taylor

Day 26 – Japan – NFD (probably, at least water fast #23 is in)

I’m 40 hours into my WFD so it is getting close to two days. However I worked out pretty hard, 305 pushups today. So I don’t think I’ll push the fasting much more as my body probably could use some protein at this point. I should have planned better and maybe ran instead. I’m feeling good at this point.

@shelliz I think if you get a reply from @ name it is because of your settings. I don’t ever get relies. Maybe there is something I don’t know.

Day 25 Ohio, US — FD(#67)
    Day 23 — NFD (80 bites)
    Day 24 — NFD (80 bites)

As far as keeping to this WOL the last three days have gone very well. At work, though, it’s been crazy, so I had to work through the weekend. It looks as though the pace will continue to increase. I’m giving a special presentation on Wednesday and I don’t have the details all prepared the way I would like. The detailed outline is in my mind, but putting that into a PowerPoint is slow going. Usually the period from the second week of April until the second week of May is a frenzy time. It looks as though this year the frenzy has started early.

@emma Taylor Yes, it’s doable. I have faith that you can do that standing on your head! And that’s just not yoga!

@shelliz Someplace I read something like the following: Ordinary dieting (reducing calories daily) sounds easy to carry out, but in fact is impossible to do long term; fasting sounds impossible, but in fact is very easy to do in the long run. So that’s the trick — until a person can give themselves permission to try fasting, it just seems like too big a hurdle to surmount. The people in this group have really impressed me with how easy they do the impossible. Kudos to all!

Day 26 – 2nd post

@fiftyandfabulous thanks for the pep talk, I really needed that. Also really appreciate how much energy you’re putting into your spiritual wellbeing. I think I need to do the same.

@ciren2 good luck for DH’s surgery. Hopefully it provides him with the relief he needs.

@debster251 that is very frustrating. Maybe point her in the direction of one of MM’s shows or books? At least if she decides to make a change she can search it out herself, when she’s good and ready?

@betsylee I second what @basyjames has said. In addition, I had found that when I have extended plateaus despite doing ‘everything right’ is when my body shape makes the biggest change, and body fat percentage starts dropping – the scales may not move, but you’ll look better, and be leaner!!

@snowflake56 that doesn’t sound good, just listen to your body, hopefully the BP regulates quickly!

@annemarilyn yes I’m in Melbourne Australia, so apart from our pacific friends in NZ, I’m in the next timezone to hit the new day 

@shelliz dizziness could be that you haven’t had enough salt and/or water, but just listen to your body. Congrats on reaching your March goal! Running is just practice – start slow with short runs, and slowly build up the stamina – you’ll be surprised at how quickly you can build up distance and speed!

@dykask wow 305 push ups, what an effort! I can imagine your chest will be a little sore tomorrow

Day 26 – 2nd post

To the day 25 people finishing up, it is almost done!

@chipmunk13
    @shelliz
    @daffodil2010
    @michelinme
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @basyjames
    @ccco

@gretta – I felt great until I eat at 41 hours. Then my arms started feeling the pushups. I didn’t do them all in one go. I would do some stretch a bit, do some more … later I put a little stair climbing in between sets to rest the arms. (Because I’m so bad at stretching.) I try to do over 20 pushups every time, but that gets very hard and I typically stop when I can’t do 10 in one go.

My limiting factor is I’m not limber. It is really hurting me trying to do a tuck stand. 40 years of limited stretching has left me in a poor state of flexibility. I’m a little more flexible than a statue, which isn’t good enough. So I’m starting to work in more and more stretching.

Day 26, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

@basyjames, @russetfox, @flourbaby, @ciren2, @michelinme, @bluesqueak, @hieiren, @miraclelou, @gretta, @annemarilyn and @shelliz, thank you all for caring about me, it’s much appreciated! We don’t know exactly what the problem is,but think now it’s brain related, I have a problem there that keeps coming back. We lowered the thyroid medication, the blood test will show if it works out and my DH (internist/nephrologist) put me on medication to get a better bloodflow in the brain. I drink enough, but go back to having breakfast for a while. I’m a bit frustrated because I was doing so well, but I’m sure it will pass.

@betsylee don’t get frustrated, do you see any difference in the fitting of your clothes?
    @hieiren did your mother had it before? Hope they find out where the problems are.
    @shelliz well done on reaching your goal for this month! It’s always disappointing if people don’t want to listen to new ways to lose weight, but we know it works.
    @daffodil2010 I’m sure they will take you, they know how you work. When will you know if you can stay there?
    @gretta running with others is much more fun and it’s a nice way to meet your new collegues.
    @emma-taylor 2 lunches on a FD was ambitious, but you tried. Of course it’s doable to lose 15 lbs, you know how to do it.

“The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” Arnold H. Glasow

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @snowflake56: So glad the doctor knows the problem and treatment is underway. Hope you fell much better soon xx

My day off today. Going with DH to see the consultant who is going to explain exactly what operation (on his back) he’s having. Should be interesting to hear all the details.

Another lovely , sunny, spring day here….three in a row, wow!

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

2nd of a B2B and it’s going well. I am doing gentle stretching exercises specifically for sciatica then throwing in some strength and abs work, and soon, I might try to do some gentle cardio….not sure if I can go back to Jillian Michaels Level 2 yet (yeah @flourbaby, it’s a killer) but I don’t want to lose the momentum.

@debster251 and @shelliz I have had numerous rows with a friend of mine over this WOL. We now work together (she recommended me for the contract position) so I say nothing now, but daily I watch her munch on cereals and snacks, then she is always starving at lunchtime..and her weight is not good. I just stay quiet and my body shows the results 😉

So I applied for the job, closing date tomorrow 27th March, exactly 4 years to the day when I took voluntary redundancy from my high flying job in the brewing industry. I went to study horticulture which I loved, got a job in a local glasshouse. Which I initially loved. Then the bullying and intimidation from my boss caused me to walk last July. Total stress. My friend above recommended me for some work in her place, and I have been there ever since. I really enjoy it. So maybe the dates are significant 🤔

Thank for your good wishes. @snowflake56 I am not sure how long it will take to interview etc, but let’s see. I am in as good a position as any as I am already doing the job, albeit covering a maternity leave for someone who is coming back in June.

Best of luck @ciren2 with the consultant for DH’s back.

Day 26 Pocket List
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010

Day 26-FD-Atlanta, Ga. -USA

Day 26, London, UK, FD

Great to be back at work and fasting after 5 days off and all of them NFDs!!!

Todays’ menu will be a tuna salad for lunch and bone broth with mushrooms & spring onions for dinner…………. It WILL be enough!!

Does anyone know how it’s possible for Sainsbury’s to sell 5 doughnuts for 50p???? Are they subsidised by the Plus size clothes manufacturers??? Maybe by the makers of refined white stuff ………… sugar or flour??? Perhaps it’s the private healthcare providers who are watching the NHS struggle & wait to scoop up the desperate amongst us???? ……………………….. I bought a pack, I ate 2, I binned the rest, I felt guilt over the waste, I felt good for stopping at 2 ………………………. I still felt bad for even handing over my hard earned 50p for something I didn’t want or need!!! I’m still re-training my old brain!!!!

And on that cheery note …………….Stay strong everyone, avoid the doughnut, bread, cake, sweetie aisles they’re traps!!!!!!

And remember, as @at says ……………………….. “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 26 Belfast NFD

Weight firmly back to 146, BMI showing 23.5 😀

@flourbaby – one little blimp on Saturday and now firmly back on the wagon. I WILL beat this. (It wasn’t worth it – it wasn’t even that nice)
    @snowflake56 Hope you get to the bottom of it. Stay well my friend! XoX
    @basyjames – interesting post. Thank you
    @shelliz – this forum is proof this WOL works and you must show them. I’m sorry your family doesn’t really support you. There’s only my OH and me at home and he has just got used to it. It was him who started me on 16:8. He has been type 1 diabetic for 30+ years and found that by eating no breakfast, his blood sugars were more stable, so we both have eaten 2 meals per day for a long time. I suppose I’m lucky in that Dr Mosely and his lifestyle fixes has a high profile in the U.K. on the TV. Good luck!
    @daffodil2010 🤞

Off to Pilates…

Stay strong 💪💪💪💪

Day 26 Melb. Aust. 11:15 p.m. CD

Today was meant to be a FD, but I needed to buy some chocolates for some friends, and yes, succumbed myself. Still stayed a CD, but not the intended FD800. Oh well! Tomorrow is another day.

@fiftyandfabulous, thanks for the encouragement re persevering through plateaus.

@basyjames, @gretta & @snowflake56, you all mentioned the shape changes that can come with plateaus – yes, you’re right. I tried on and discarded for the op shop three pairs of trousers last night, and tried on a couple of pair which have been too tight to wear, and they fit – hurrah! My hips are definitely getting smaller.

@snowflake56, sorry to read of your dizziness. I do hope the treatment you’re receiving eases the problem for you.

@daffodil2010, Good luck with the job interview

@flourbaby, I chuckled to read of your doughnut exploits, throwing away the rest once you’d had a couple. I did that recently with some hot cross buns. Here, they come in packs of six, and I just wanted the taste, so I bought a packet a week or so ago, ate two, and threw the rest immediately into the bin, before I could talk myself into freezing the rest to avoid wastefulness. Much better to satisfy the urge, then remove the remaining temptation!!!

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 26 Canton OH FD

@snowflake56 I hope you feel better soon. Something is acting up that’s for sure. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayer

@Shellizand @fiftyandfabulous congratulations!!

@Emmataylor very doable, I concur

@dykask 305 pushups! Dude!!!!! Nuff said….have you tried hot yoga to increase your flexibility. A friend of mine swears by it

@flourbaby they are traps! It’s crazy how the more you consume the white stuff, the more of it you want. I am trying a no-added-sugar couple of weeks, because I have been indulging in my daughter’s monster cookies lately and it’s doing a number on my figure – I have worked too hard to get to where I am and I am not going back there

Fasting is really the only WOL that has worked for me over the long term, sure I have had blips and spats here and there, but after losing about 20 pounds with intermittent fasting I have been able to maintain it– give or take 5 pounds; and that has been mostly due to not sticking to my TDEE as prescribed. Even after some poor choices, I have noticed that a few days of sticking with the program, causes my numbers (weight and inches) to trend in the right direction

I have stopped trying to convince other people, the energy you expend is really not worth it – the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I have gone from being size 12-14 to a consistent size 4-6 for the last couple of years and that is all thanks to MM and IF. When your family sees your results they will not need to be convinced, and don’t be discouraged; we are here for you

Now I’m off to earn my keep. Have a great day everyone

Day 26 Pocket List
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames

Day 26 USA FD 800

@snowflake56 I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I will keep you in my prayer and wish that everything is going to get better soon!

I reach half my goal today, another 5 lbs and I will reach my goal for the month. I will try my best to put in the work, 800 calories each day and a 2 miles jog 5 days this week.

It has been awhile since I am active daily up here. Life has caught up with me. I hope everyone is doing well on their journey!

Day 26 Pocket List
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ann1239 FD800

Day 26, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Going for a FD today. Yesterday’s CD morphed into a NFD. Oh well, too many nuts. DH says I might be part squirrel!🐿😊😄😂

Doing my Qigong and Tai Chi practice in a little while, then starting travel preparations, later walking the doggie, meeting DH for coffee on campus, then Mindfulness at the Fine Arts Museum in the afternoon.

@snowflake56: Hope you will start feeling better soon. 🥀🌼🌺

Have a good Tuesday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

USA Day 26 WFD

Finally, getting on board today! I always read all the posts before posting and that seems to take some time for me! LOL Anyway, congratulations to all of you who have successfully reached their March goals! Just wonderful! Snowflake56, you are in my prayers and I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this quickly!

Day 26 Pocket List
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ann1239 FD800
    @ccco WFD

Gretta, here is my cabbage recipe. It is a simple low calorie recipe with only 21 calories per cup. Since cabbage takes on the flavor of whatever it is cooked in, I use different flavor broths, so here it is:
    Ingredients: 2 tbsps. broth, 1 whole onion (I use red.), 3 cloves garlic 1 tbsp. olive oil,, 4 cups broth.

1. Cut cabbage into quarters; remove hard stem.

2. In a large pot, add butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and cabbage

3. Add broth (vegetable, chicken, turkey, beef, any broth you like, and toss.

4. Bring to boil over medium high heat.

5. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender.

Hope you like this and its simplicity! Your family recipe sounds yummy, too!

Have a wonderful and successful day today!

Day 26, Germany, NFD
    Am struggling again – probably due to falaffel, white bread and pizza for lunch 🙈🙄
    It helped to go out and pick up my son from kindergarden. Had an extra snack in the afternoon but only quark and 2 apples… Glad I didn’t give in to the sugar dragon. Only dinner tonight and nothing else!!
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.