March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 909 total)

• Day 22 … 2nd post … my WFD because a NFD. Oh well …

Day 22 – USA – NFD

@dyask, how do you break these things, lol? @annemarilyn, my beginning weight in 1/17 was 191.6 lbs., so almost 50 lbs. in 2 years….just got a cholesterol check and they said the “bad” was too high, but I read in my LCHF blogs that losing weight rapidly can cause it, so we’ll see upon re-check.

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Grey and cloudy day here today. Got my deliveries finished by 1.15pm so not too bad, mailwise. Working a six day week this week, so one more day to go.
    @russetfox: You have all my sympathy being at the dentist with toothache today. I’m also a great big coward at the dentist. If I need work done I get hold of some Valium tablets first!
    @daffodil2010: Sorry about your sciatica….my husband is currently suffering badly with it and is due an operation soon to clear away a degenerated L5 disc. I hope you recover soon, sometimes it just goes away on it’s own. A few years ago I had to have spinal fusion and removal of L4 and found instant relief from a whole year of truly miserable sciatica.
    @dykask: I can’t believe you failed a water fast! You’re normally so good at them…a true inspiration.
    @cornish-jane: Congratulations on getting into the healthy BMI range.

2nd post

Wow thanks everyone for welcoming me! I really appreciate it.

Had a nice FD. Walked for about 14000 steps, took some beautiful photos of spring flowers like cherry blossom on my way to some work stuff. Was busy working as always, had a nice hot tofu lunch, veggie juice for the dinner. That’s around 350 kcal for today.

The next two days will be full of food…under the name of a family event.
    Hopefully I can be in control a little bit. That’s one of the reasons why I switched to 4:3 from 5:2. Fingers crossed.

@gretta Thank you for understanding the TOM thing! Seems like you’re experiencing the TOM trick in a different way. Good to hear that it’s getting better!

@snowflake56 Thanks so much for having me in the spreadsheet! I filled my row just now. Your posts for newbies are real jewels! I felt so much more confident in this WoL after reading them. Nice work!

@russetfox Thanks for the welcoming!

@aglowworm Yell out to the fellow newbies! I’m so excited to join.

@debster251 Thanks for the precious advice! I went through all the posts for newbies and they truly made me feel I need to stick to this WoL! Really looking forward to the next FD already.

Kilmer jars! Of course. Thanks. Great idea.

USA Day 22 FD 800

I didn’t see a pocket list today, so I won’t try to make one. It’s too late in the day and I am late coming on board. I was busy grocery shopping and cooking. I found a great recipe for cabbage online and I’ve been making it in batches because it is so low carb. It’s delicious! I also have a pre made salad but haven eaten it yet. For some reason, I am not hungry today. That should make my FD easier today! I am disappointed today because I weighed myself this morning and I am up a few pounds!! So frustrating but my own fault! I will do better starting today! I congratulate all of your successes even more because I know how much we are all trying to overcome! Onward and downward!

Welcome, shelliz! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 22 Canton OH controlled day

My posts have been few and far between and the scale has not been my friend lately either. My fault – my daughter bakes the best monster chocolate chip cookies and I have been imbibing indiscriminately to show my support.

So once again reset button firmly set and off to the races we go ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Qigong and Tai Chi practice, walking the doggie, some chores, starting preparations for my trip to Austria, later going to the Symphony. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a good Friday everyone! โš˜โš˜โš˜

Day 22 California NFD

Iโ€™m only 1.6 lbs away from my March goal but at the rate Iโ€™m losing Iโ€™m not likely to make it but we will see…!

Discovered ground squirrels in my front yard (which is the size of a large table). Not sure what to do or not do right now.

I feel for all of you who fear the dentist. I donโ€™t love it but itโ€™s manageable.

Day 22 – Eastern WA USA – FD

You’re right @ccco no FD list

Pocket list for Day 22:
    @shelliz
    @chipmunk13
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

@daffodil2010 – hooray for breaching the plateau. You’ve worked hard. Sorry about your sciatica. That’s painful. Stretches sound good, and maybe an epsom salt soak in the tub perhaps.

We can do this!

Day 22- Ohio fd?

Crazy week and not looking better. Have had two fast days that went fine but really feeling a third one to try for some reason. Nervous about doing it only because of past depression worsened with not eating (probably part of weight gain when made to keep times to eat even if not hungry but never really worked with proportions et al. and some meds you really do gain weight on) but it has felt almost calming to do the small amounts. Cross fingers it goes ok so if I have the urge to try another I can do it fine.
    Checking on my mother this weekend finally at hospital after her driving to my place to drop girls off and having chest pains. No, I will not ask her if she thought that was the best ambulance ride because I don’t need to give her the idea that next time she should do this again. So, making up hours tonight for that day off.
    Planning a bunch of lentil dishes to make for next month’s work meals. And the girls have requested the harissa chicken to be a regular dish! It was that much of a hit, it defeated the begged for lemon roasted one I normally make.
    Congrats to everyone who has lost so far, scale or not agreeing. Surprised that I am sticking to a pound a week still even with that one week and everything else. This is working on more than one level.
    Sciatica is a witch to have. I got told to do certain back stretches to keep it from flaring up, but it still occurs. Best I knew to work was the paracetamol(?) with codeine in it. Not supposed to have it out here without prescription and nobody wants to give it anymore anyway. So, I end up doing warm showers and wait for it to become manageable.
    Less than 2 weeks til hula hoop time.

Day 22 London UK FD800

@fiftyandfabulous – I know what you mean. For me, this extended period of fasting is changing my attitude to food.

I’m certainly not spending less time – quite the opposite. I’ve been trying brand new ingredients, new recipes (mostly from the Blood Sugar Diet Book) and I’m much more aware of the taste of food. For a diet, I’ve been spending a lot of time saying ‘this is delicious!’

Which is good, if this is a lasting attitude. Away from ‘food is fuel’, and more an appreciation that we are so fortunate to live in a time and place where there’s such abundance and variety available to us. It’s a gift we should be grateful for, not one to misuse.

@glowworm – being able to say ‘no’. It’s a good thing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Day 23, Germany, NFD
    (and day 22, FD, forgot to post ๐Ÿ™ˆ)
    I’m doing fine, fd was hard yesterday but I managed to end at 4.30 pm with 750 cals.
    Weigh in this morning showed – 1/2 kg ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I just came home from a really nice dinner with a friend in an Italien restaurant.
    Tired now…
    Just half a kilo left to reach my March goal. Hope next week I’ll be there!
    Onwards and downwards โฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€

Day 22 UK unexpected FD

I’ve not eaten today xc 2 clementines and a small cup of homemade carrot & ginger soup – rather more medicinal than tasty with a huge pile of ginger! Definitely going to eat something on the way to bed tho bc starving and won’t sleep!

On the bright side, I’ve been bright & cheerful and focused today and got the awful draft draft report done and sent to colleagues to review over the weekend. Yay! Despite raging sore throat, breathless & burning joints – not so great, but I can rest and recover tomorrow.

Also found 30 mins to speed try on lots of clothes and have my visiting PA pin them. She hand-sewed seams on my fave twixt season dress and left it with me, the rest are either coming back via mutual friend on Sunday or she’ll post them back from Slovakia! Not only taking in dresses and skirts but also remodelling/ tailoring a couple of dresses that didn’t work for me so they fit beautifully – how lucky am I??!! And apparently she’s taken my favourite dress in 4 sizes now, which is also good news ๐Ÿ™‚

Sadly not well enough to go on the People’s Vote march, but staying home to be sensible and get better… Lovely friend is kindly taking my name on her banner and has promised to shout for me too ๐Ÿ™‚

Look forward to catching up with all your news & posts tomorrow… too tired to read now.. x

Day 23 Japan NFD

Started at BMI 36.1 I knew that I would have a rocket start but wow! 14 days have passed and I’m at BMI 34.7 already. I’m SHOOK!

Bought some fish and shells yesterday so we’re going to have a seafood feast today. And BBQ tomorrow so hopefully I can get everything back from Monday’s FD.
    I find it extremely difficult to fast on holidays but on workdays I’m always so busy that I can fast effortlessly. So I’m going to enjoy the beautiful weekend for now! Thanks you FDs!

Hope everyone’s having a beautiful weekend as well!๐ŸŒธ

Day 22 Ohio, US — FD(#66)
    Day 21 — NFD (80 bites)

Suddenly on Wednesday the amount of things to do at work exploded and it’s been a super hectic few days. Even with all the activity, the NFD plan and the FD have gone on apace. That really pleases me. I hope that the new eating patterns are so firmly in place that they can now withstand whatever stresses come along. Well, time will tell.

@shelliz Great progress! Have a fine weekend!

@michelinme Hope you’re feeling better fast!

Day 23 – Japan – NFD

I broke my WFD to avoid hurting my wife. She forgot about my fasting and fixed a special meal.

I broke the browsers on my old computer by letting it upgrade to windows 10. Now a browser breaks every other update or so. I’m not anti-microsoft but when an update causes Edge to break, it isn’t good. Don’t think I’m pro-Mac either. Having written some Mac software … it isn’t all it is cracked up to be. Macs are the only computers that I’ve lost a lot of data on. I also use Linux a lot. However there are many reasons why Linux hasn’t taken over, it is powerful but it is also a mess. The truth is software has a long ways to go. Most of my software was written for embedded system without an OS. So I’m typically bothered by how slow modern computers are. ๐Ÿ˜€

Day 23, Emden Germany, NFD

had a lovely sunny day yesterday, worked in the garden.

@rafiki44 I had to look up ground squirrels, I don’t think we have them here. Did you find a nest? What harm can they do?
    @jaifaim welcome back from your skiing holiday, lovely to hear you had a good time.
    @russetfox I hope your visit to the dentist went fine, I don’t like it either, but it has to be so I go. My DH always has strange places to hide things, I once found a present in the trunk of the car.
    @daffodil2010 well done! I never had sciatica, so I have no idea what could help you. I looked on youtube, certain exercises seem to help.
    @cornish-jane congratulations on reaching a healthy BMI! What is wrong about vanity things, don’t we all want to look good? How are your B&B plans going?
    @aglowworm I could never resist eating offered fries, that’s progess I would say. I’m sorry you didn’t get the job, I hope it didn’t effect your eating.
    @debster251 go for green! Haha, too much praise for me, I’m not eloquent in English, I borrowed most of the text from @at, who borrowed it from someone else, but she could have written it, she always finds the right words.
    @fiftyandfabulous gosh, you did a water fast, I just can’t do it.
    @shelliz you’re doing so well! Family events are there to be enjoyed, just try to make healthy choices and have fun. The planned menue seems fine, watch out with the sauce.
    @ccco you have the skill to get rid of the few gained pounds, stay focussed.
    @basyjames I had to smile when reading how supporting you are when it comes to your daughter’s cookies. Good you hit the reset button.
    @hieiren I hope your 3rd FD went well without any negative effects, doing 3 in a row is a lot. No wonder your girls want to eat the harissa chicken, it’s so delicious. I made a soup from the leftovers, it tasted so good.
    @bluesqueak never took a look at the recipes in the Blood Sugar Diet book, any favourites?
    @miraclelou go for it, only 500 gramms to get rid of this month!
    @michelinme you’re lucky indeed! How lovely she’s doing this for you. 4 Sizes taken in is so much, now you see how much weight you’ve lost.

“What we do today, right now, will have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows.” Alexandra Stoddard

Have a nice day everyone and good luck to today’s fasters, stay stong!

Day 23 Belfast NFD

A large bag of clothes despatched to the charity shop, a pile next to the sewing machine for a revamp – very therapeutic! A plus too – a leather jacket (one of those sale purchases which was slightly too small when I bought it) fits beautifully!
    @hieiren sorry to hear about your mum. Wishing her a speedy recovery and that your FD goes well.

A sunny doggie walk, then back to the depths of the wardrobe to see what else fits me now.

Day 23 – Manchester, England – NFD

Happy Saturday!! The sun is out here in Manchester. I hope it is wherever you are ๐Ÿ˜

Yesterdayโ€™s NFD went a bit awry due to a stressful family emergency and I found myself eating various things that I shouldnโ€™t have been. Iโ€™ve got no idea how many cals I had. Everything is fine now with the family stuff, but I reckon I definitely went over my TDEE yesterday. I did manage to stop eating after my evening meal last night though and resisted the late night snacking that can be so dangerous for me, so at least thatโ€™s something.

Back on things today as much as possible on a weekend. Going out later with friends which should be fun. Iโ€™m planning on eating before we go out so that I resist temptation later. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Day 23 Wales NFD

Thank you all for support over the dentist, I have a real phobia and only go when I have to and hubby has to be here to drive me, due to shakes and loss of concentration.
    Filling had come out of one of my wisdom teeth, replaced and mouth now much better except for a little tenderness from injections.

@hieren hope your mum is doing ok
    @shelliz well done x
    @bluesqueak I have been trying new ingredients too, never expected that with fasting
    @michelinme take good care of yourself, hope you are feeling better soon
    @snowflake my hubby has been known to put things in strange places too, found a box of Ferrero Rocher hidden in the boot of the car, in case I had choc craving but not in my eyesight, lol

Today may morph into a fasting day as really not hungry, but planned FD for tomorrow as working so we shall see.

Have a lovely weekend all x

Day 23- Atlanta, GA. USA-

Happy Saturday to you all! Gonna get out and enjoy the sunny weather today in Atlanta. Gonna be warm this afternoon, so a walk in the park is welcome. Hope you all are experiencing good weather where you are too.

I enjoyed reading all the posts and I wish I had time to respond to everyone.
    To those who are struggling with beating themselves up, procrastinating, or struggling with fears of failure, today is a NEW day. We are all working on changing our relationship with food together. 5:2 is a powerful tool in our arsenal. Follow the plan *just for today* and don’t worry about tomorrow.

@shelliz Bazoomba! Success is the BEST motivation! You are killing it. ๐Ÿ‘
    @matpi I agree — laying down the rails of new rhythms and habits are what will carry us through challenges. When things get busy or stressful our brain power is just not there and we have to rely on our rhythms to move us forward
    @bluesqueak yes, food and all the enjoyment that comes with it is truly a gift, I can relate to what you say. Abstaining from it at times has clarified and enhanced my enjoyment of food so much.
    @debster251 Congratulations on dropping a size and *committing* to staying there by getting rid of your bigger clothes. That takes faith and courage and I bet it feels good!

Have a tasteful weekend!

I’m planning on doing a water fast on Sunday, anyone else care to join?

Day 23 UK NFD

V late to bed bc I couldn’t switch off brain after epic effort this week to catch up and get my brain going. Extra FD turned into a CD but I feel fine – it was all still vegan low carb bc nothing else in the house ๐Ÿ™‚ Coldy in the night and burning joints aching all over today, but not unexpected.

Delighted to find I’m back to 143lb after blip earlier in the week. It augurs well for a good month end if i’m mindful over the next week. Also feeling more body confident after time trying on clothes and now having one dress with fitted bodice that actually fits! it’s so amazing to be back into regular sizing and able to layer up when cold without feeling like the michelin man ๐Ÿ™‚

The rest of today is about gentleness. Yoga, meditation, making some vegan oat/nut bread – (trying without yogurt as I’ve not made any yet!) and first time making yogurt with whatever plant milk is in the fridge. Also lent reading and maybe read an actual novel, even sit outside for a bit if warm enough. And get to bed early. It’s a full week this week with lots of different things – partly bc I’m actually going on holiday from Thursday! So looking forward to a gentle week in the wilds of Norfolk staying with lovely friends, reading, writing and resting.

Today I’m not going to let myself think about projects or start anything – needs to be a hermit day with gentle food, pottering and catching up with myself. And with posts – So much going on!

@fiftyandfabulous @bluesqueak @aglowworm Glad to read about your new insights… It seems a changing relationship with food is really common on this WOL. I also enjoy FD with a new freedom along with a new appreciation when preparing food. After decades as a vegetarian I’ve gone vegan for Lent and am finding it works really well, making FD much easier NFD healthier and the simpler way of eating slotting into place. I’m learning something new about respect, balance and enough ๐Ÿ™‚

@ciren2 really interesting to read about your asthma & fasting. I’ve been using inhalers much more since pneumonia last July, esp with these endless viruses ๐Ÿ™ But also aware of increase in underlying fitness as I lose weight. Such interesting side-effects on this WOL ๐Ÿ™‚ V glad you are better at last, and lighter loads this week x

@shelliz welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ Great progress already – well done!

@chipmunk thinking of you all in NZ, it must be such a hard time. And wonderful how the community is coming much closer together. I wish we were more like you

@gretta thanks! Getting there – both with the projects and the fasting! Sometimes all you can do is keep going, remember that self-care changes everything and trust you will feel better a bit later on. Sounds like a fabulous netball match – well done!!

@dykask sorry about your browser. Well done flexing for the special meal. There will be other WFDs ๐Ÿ™‚

@snowflake loving your hosting and quotes each day – thank you! xx

@russetfox well done on the new loss. Hope your dentist trip was ok in the end? I hate the dentist too – now have a lovely NHS commmunity dentist bc my neuro condition makes it complicated. He does the minimum and if I really need treatment eg broken tooth removed, it’s under GA. And bizarrely he has an identical voice to my late Godfather so I feel v relaxed once he starts speaking ๐Ÿ™‚

@daffodil2010 congrats on getting below plateau!!! that’s epic ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve had sciatica a few times and it seems to be a balance of rest and stretching, heat and cold, warm epsom salt baths and ice packs. Plus some specific stretches the physio gave me yonks ago and regular general abdo & back strengthening so it happens less often. Hope it passes soon xx

@matpi empathy with the worklaod. Well done for keeping on track with good eating – doesn’t everything feel so much easier when well prepared? Seems miraculous to me!

@cornish-jane congratulations on your new BMI!!! What an amazing milestone, well done! Plateau time is hard, but honestly there’s so much going on that we don’t see for a while. I’ve gone down two whole dress sizes since last July while yoyoing btw 143-147lb. Keep going and the rewards will be great, I promise! It’s always lovely to hear about your plant business, yoga, bullocks and plans. And I’d love to know your food /cooking tips – i’m vegan for lent and always low carb &gf so have been ff plant-based mediterannean diet for a whole 2.5 weeks now and it’s a grand experiment ๐Ÿ™‚

@debster251 congrats on hitting the top of maintenance again! That’s a brilliant result, well done! Isn’t it fun sorting through wardrobes and letting go of/repurposing clothes? It’s an adventue. My next step is to do some dyeing then start making time for regular mooches around the charity shops – buying! x

missing @borealis @flourbaby @shinything @basyjames @bert1802 @rainbowsmile @at and other regulars. Hope you’re doing ok? xx

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Off to Trader Joe’s for groceries, walking the doggie, walking to a coffee shop with DH in the afternoon, also cleaning up my email (I don’t delete enough and it accumulates like crazy ๐Ÿ˜„), raining off and on today so have to look at radar when to walk. All in all a not too stressful Saturday, I hope.

Have a good Saturday everyone! โš˜โš˜โš˜

Day 23 California FD

Well this day is not going to plan so Iโ€™ll just have to go with the flow and keep on fasting!

@glowworm sorry you didnโ€™t get the job. I know thatโ€™s painful.

@snowflake56 I didnโ€™t know there were ground squirrels until I saw it run into a hole in the yard and then saw the tunnels that it/they dug in my yard! Think itโ€™s another consequence of all the rain. My secret fear is that they chew their way into the house as the ground is against the wall but I think thatโ€™s unlikely. The little plot of ground is a mess but they have turned the soil over nicely!

I didnโ€™t see a pocket list so Iโ€™ll start

Day 23

@rafiki44

Day 23, London, UK, NFD,

Iโ€™ve been AWOL for a few days โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ they ALL included wine!!!

Funnily enough, the scales havenโ€™t been unkind, but Iโ€™m crossing everything & touching wood just in case the actual results arenโ€™t in yet!!

Iโ€™ve quickly skimmed posts โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ

@daffodil2010, sciatica is no fun, Iโ€™m pretty sure Jillian will give you a break!!! Get better soon!

@basyjames & @michelinme (I’m still here!); so funny with your daughters โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. One manages to have a birthday dinner with mumsโ€™ oh so convenient vegan chilli (I need to learn that trick โ€“ โ€œI was gonna do it, but since youโ€™ve already done it, Iโ€™ll have yoursโ€!!!!) and the other has roped mum into taste testing the monster chocolate chip cookies, no doubt with a question that got as far as โ€œMum, would you mindโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..โ€ before the sampling commenced!!!!!

@shelliz, welcome!!! Itโ€™s never too late to get on the wagon!!! Iโ€™m the same, a workday fast is a breeze, at home, near my own kitchen? โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. Not a chance!!!!

@dykask, you made the right decision, thereโ€™s never a good time to hurt your wife!!! The computer info?…………… Right over my head, Iโ€™m a complete technophobe!!!!

To those struggling with sleeplessness โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. Magnesium oil. Make it. Buy it, steal it โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Just USE it!!!!

https://wellnessmama.com/5804/make-your-own-magnesium-oil/

Happy fasting folks, enjoy the rest of the weekend & remember โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..

โ€œWhatever the problem is, the answer is not in the fridgeโ€

USA Day 23 FD 800

Late again! Mostly due to reading all the posts first! I take too long!! LOL Anyway, down 2 lbs. today! I am still on that roller coaster! Well, I went more vegetarian for Lent. Maybe that will help.

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@rafiki44
    @ccco FD800

There may be only two of us but that’s two strong! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 23 (already): Gloucestershire, UK: NFD:
    Had to do extra at work today to cover an extra round between us as someone rang in sick. Not too bad though, mail not heavy and weather good. That’s VERY important when you work outdoors!
    DH’s already got a date for his back operation, only about five weeks away. Private hospital but the NHS is paying….hence only a one day stay scheduled! He’s having a disc removed and spinal fusion. He’s quite disabled by it at the moment. I was in for five days when I had the same op in 2011…..needed it too. So, not confident about how this will work. Also I was only 58 at the time, he’s 72.
    @michelinme: So sorry you are still ill. Could it be the same awful bug I had, I wonder? If so, it takes awhile to get over it, so good luck, rest well. Yes, losing weight with 5:2 got rid of my asthma for awhile, until I fell off the wagon and regained the weight….sigh.
    Good for you supporting the Peoples’ March. I’d be there too if it was nearer. I shall be wearing my union-jack socks with my royal mail shorts next Friday!
    @shelliz: Excellent start. Congratulations.
    @aglowworm: Glad everything came right in your family yesterday.
    @russetfox: You SURVIVED!….and your teeth don’t hurt.

Day 23, Germany, NFD
    Phew! That was a hard day foodwise – included an ice cream in the afternoon.
    Glad I am on my sofa now with my teeth brushed already, so I don’t feel endangered anymore to snack on sth.
    Still I somehow have a bad conscience because I think I ate too much cals today (didn’t count)…

USA Day 23 FD800
    Second Post

Successfully stayed the course today! Thank goodness! Since I am primarily eating vegetables during Lent, I find staying within my calorie needs much easier. Now, if only I can get off that roller coaster and see some good results! Have a great evening/night everyone!

Day 24 – Japan – NFD

Too early to think!

Day 24, Japan, NFD

The temperature dropped from 19 degrees to 6 yesterday and I caught a cold right after walking in the rain for 20 minutes….. Fell asleep the minute back into my room and slept for a good 4 hrs with a stomach full of sushi and desserts….I thought I totally ruined it…..

However when I weighed myself this morning I’m still 0.6 kg lighter than yesterday. After a NFD? What’s happening!?

I’m still going to the BBQ today. Definitely going to wear something warm! Tomorrow is a FD and I think I’m going to try fasting with only veggie juice and herbal tea.

Hope everyone’s having a nice weekend!

@matpi Good job sticking with the FD plan when busy working! I’m also training myself not to manage my stress from work with food.
    @dykask I used to be a redhat Linux user and your post reminds me of the goodness and chaos in the old days…Why would Microsoft break their own explorer? That’s really weird!
    @snowflake56 Thanks! I think there was quite some carb and sugar yesterday. I tried to have a small amount of everything and I think it went well. I’ll be really careful with the sauce today in the BBQ!
    @debster251 wow good work! I wish I can do the same donate-revamp-happy thing in a few months.
    @russetfox I’m going to fix my wisdom teeth next month and I’m scared already… Good luck to both of us!
    @fiftyandfabulous Thanks for encouraging me! Besides I really like your username. Sounds like fast and furious.(oh and if fast stands for fast diet it all kinda fits into place…lol)
    @redrockgirl302 I really like the phrase “walking the doggie”, sounds so cute. Maybe because that I’m not a native English speaker? Every time I smile when I see the phrase here.
    @flourbaby yay fellow workday faster!

Haven’t written anything in English for about 6 years and I only wrote in my English class homework back then. I’m feeling I need to expand my vocabulary so much now ๐Ÿ˜‹ New words and expressions…

Day 23- Ohio nfd
    Keeping an eye on mood, but yesterday’s fast day went surprisingly well. Pushed through hunger pains at work since it was only a half shift, but they went away after I had some pepper tofu (cooked it with veggies and water). Putting the older girl’s new bed together tonight after I get myself a new air mattress. You know, thinking of it, my back has been better since sleeping not in beds. Made red lentils with veggies and pasta sauce as my real break meal. Had a thing of mixed nuts while cooking it all.
    @dykask I remember Linux so well… Especially after the kids kept breaking microsoft. Actually, my oldest uses Mint now on the one computer.

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Woke up to a beautiful spring morning here, fresh air, blue skies…got one lot of washing out on the line (instead of the dryer) and a second lot going in the machine. Walked the dog, and ready for church I have to read today, so lucky my throat is more or less better!
    DD reports from Australia, where it’s also been a lovely day, that she’s got her official drone-flyers’ licence. Now she can scan the fields of cattle, rather than walk/ride around as we do in this country.
    @shelliz: Your English is really good….I’d never have known it wasn’t your first language!
    Have a good day everyone….

Day 24 – USA – FD

Very quick check in, will catch up on posts later.

Today is a day of rest for me. I’m resting my body with a water fast. With the time saved, plan to focus on spiritual renewal and contemplation. I’m looking forward to this little “mini retreat!”

Starting a pocket list, as I don’t see one yet.

Day 24 Pocket List
    @fiftyandfabulous

Day 24 CD

yesterday became EFS bc bread. Somehow ate half the loaf in an absent-minded, tired & hungry sort of way. Oops. Some made it to the freezer and will keep me company when I go away this week… But basically I ate bread yesterday, with some avocado & tomatoes on the side

Unsurprisingly puffy today and c1kg up. Need to drink lots of water and have a good low carb high veg day in prep for tomorrow’s FD. I’ll have a salad lunch with soup if hungry and baked sweet pot with vegan bolognaise and green veg later. Didn’t go out today bc tired, not well and too hard to get around road closures. Good to be staying home for a bit of a retreat, catch up with myself and prep for full week ahead. And get a very early night with book

Noticing I miss the easy protein of eggs and cheese most when tired and not wanting to cook – new routines still to bed in, planning is key! Not helped that I ran the fridge down this week bc going away. Live & learn ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 24 USA (Illinois) CD

Yeah!! Our Children’s Museum had its grand opening on Friday! If you have nothing else of value to do, and you’re interested, here is one media release about us. I’m the blonde in the tan jacket who talks:

http://www.freeportnewsnetwork.com/news-broadcasts/community-videos/
    (It’s below at “Your kids are simply going to love this place)

So that’s one of the things that has been keeping me away from being a contributing member around here. I hope to get back to you all and our blog group soon.

Onward and downward.

Day 24 Belfast NFD

I had an very interesting conversation with a dear friend last night, with whom we were out for a meal. She commented on how well I looked and how she would like to lose weight. (She is obese and with heart and serious mobility issues). I explained this WOL but her response was that she would be too hungry and besides she loved her 2 chocolate digestives in the morning, afternoon and bedtime. Plus, she doesnโ€™t like vegetables and only eats fried food. For someone who has already had two heart attacks, I felt very frustrated that she couldnโ€™t see the bigger picture. Her reason for not changing is โ€˜Lifeโ€™s too shortโ€™. What can you say?
    @michelinme – will you continue your vegan journey after Lent?
    @shelliz youโ€™ll get there I know. And yes, I agree with @Ciren 2 – your English is amazing
    Thank you for sharing a snippet from your life @songbirdme. Youโ€™re looking fabulous!

I fell of the sugar wagon last night – gave in to a cheesecake desert, which wasnโ€™t worth it after all. Youโ€™re so right @michelinme, this WOL changes our relationship with food for sure. Iโ€™m just disappointed in myself after 18 days in a row of sugar free. โ˜น๏ธ

Hats off to all those fasting at the weekend. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks

Day 24, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Fast day on a Sunday! Well, DH told me this morning he wants to to an 800 cals FD with me. In preparation he also did a CD with me yesterday. So today he will cook wild salmon and organic chicken with broccoli and cauliflower. There will be strawberries and blueberries with sour cream. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Walking the doggie (I like that you like my expression @shelliz ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ•), Qigong and Tai Chi practice, walking to the farmer across the street to see about new baby animals, possibly walking also to our coffee shop and doing some preparations for the trip such as putting more gigabytes on my keep-go (my father does not have internet).

Wishing everybody a good Sunday! โš˜โš˜โš˜

Second post:

@debster251: I am sorry to hear that your friend does not see the health benefits following 5:2 and IF. It is a sustainable WOL and WOE.

USA Day 24 FD 800

Starting a pocket list should anyone want to join

@ccco FD800

SongBirdMe: I tried to view your site but couldn’t make it work. I think I have to be on FaceBook in order to view it. It sounds wonderful, though!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Day 24
    Florida
    NFD today. Did my weigh in and saw that I gain a couple of pounds. Could have been worse. We went to an art show last weekend and all you do is sit and eat. While I did get some steps in, evidently wasn’t enough to keep off the pounds. We are back home and have more control here. My friend won a nice award for her painting and sold an original. Very happy for her. It is a lot of work setting up tents and your painting. I was really tired by the time we got home.
    We are having some wonderful weather for now.
    Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Day 24 -USA-FD

We are fasting partners 2 strong today! Updating the list.

Day 24 Pocket List
    @ccco FD800
    @fiftyandfabulous

Day 24, Germany, NFD
    Too much breadroll stuff today! I do know this is hard for me to deal with therefore I avoid it most of the time. Today it were even self made full grain rolls but still ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ…
    Well, could have been much worse – at least I didn’t let the sugar dragon come out! ๐Ÿ˜…
    Tomorrow I won’t be able to have my usual monday fast but I will still skip breakfast to give my body a little rest. Then lunch with colleages around noon, I should be fine until then. Am in fact looking forward for my next FD on Tuesday! โ˜บ๏ธ
    Wishing you all a very good start into the new week!
    Onwards and downwards! โฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธ

Day 24 second post

Turned into FD today – yay! Had an apple and a couple of brazil nuts mid afternoon, baked sweet potato with high protein vegan chilli (lentils, soya mince, aduki beans) and peas for supper.

Delighted to have done yoga & meditation, spent some time sitting outside and read/reflected on this week’s Lent course. Also rewritten this week’s action list, planned ahead for home things and sorted present for my mother for next weekend’s Mothering Sunday. I’m feeling more organised than in a while – phew!

@debster251 sorry about your friend. The thing about falling off the sugar-free waggon is that you’ve had 18 days & climbed straight back on. The difference with this WOL is EFS & treats are the exception rather than the rule. WHen unhealthy food become daily (or thrice daily!) habits is what causes problems xx
    @songbirdme congratulations – it looks wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚
    @shelliz I agree – your English is great!
    @ccco thanks for starting pocket list – it’s encouraged me to join ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket List Day 24
    @ccco
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @redrockgirl302
    @michelinme

Day 25 here in sunny late Summer Wellington, NZ. FD

Love reading the posts but too many to catchup on.

Thanks to all for you warm thoughts re our recent horrible experience. I am so proud of how our country has responded. One of the wonderful fundraisers is these beautiful Be Kind tees. Good Bitches Baking is a great little charity group with an edge. Perhaps good for those who love to bake (me) but would rather give cake away than eat it!!
    https://shop.gbb.org.nz/collections/kindness-for-christchurch-tees

Pocket List Day 24
    @ccco
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @redrockgirl302
    @michelinme
    @chipmunk13

Day 25. Japan. FD

+0.5kg but ok, that’s totally acceptable thinking of how much I have been enjoying the weekend.

Yesterday was really sunny and warm. The BBQ was cancelled for some reason. Instead I made some dishes at home using fish squid chicken and vegetables. I even had a small slice of pizza! Probably ate too much…. so I took a walk for 1/2 hour and do my daily fitboxing at home for 1 hour. There is this game called fitboxing on Nintendo Switch. I found it to be the only work out method that I can practice every single day even after coming back home from work at 10 pm.

I saw someone talking about kefir here and decided to give it a try. I always make normal yogurt and eat with honey. Looking forward to receiving the kit.

Catch up on the posts later! Need to go now.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.