March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 909 total)

• Day 20 Wales UK FD

Late check in, sleeping and jobs after nightshift.

Day 20 FD Pocket list:
    @aglowworm
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ccco FD800
    @rafiki44
    @missybear
    @annemarilyn
    @russetfox

2nd post

How is everyone doing? Today has been tough – I’ve been sooo tired after not sleeping great last night. But, so far, the FD has gone well. I’m just about to have some soup and then I reckon I’ll be done for the day, closing the kitchen at around 400 cals.

@daffodil2010 – how’s your FD going? I’ve been thinking of you since I saw your post this morning.

@flourbaby – Take me with you to Paris! Haha! I would love those long lunches over a bottle of wine…. *sigh*

@snowflake56 – I hope you thoroughly enjoyed those biscuits! Sometimes it just has to be done. But then I guess that’s why we’re all here!

@betsylee – I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one having a mid-month slump (can we get a new acronym: MMS?) haha! I’ve been knackered today too. Good luck with the rest of the month – only 10 days to go!!

@therealwil78 – well done! Please can you send some of that motivation my way?

@basyjames, @rafiki44, @ccco, @missybear, @annmarilyn, @russetfox – how were your FDs today?

@miraclelou – I read you napping post earlier when I was in work and sooo in need of a nap! It made me very jealous. I hope it was wonderful!

Only 10 days to go everyone – we can do it!!

2nd post

Thanks @aglowworm for thinking of me. Struggling a bit today. I guess trying to do liquid only FD when laid low with TOM, feeling tired, lower back pain….not a great idea. So I have stayed at FD800 instead, light lunch, lentil soup for dinner, and planning very early night with hot water bottle.

@snowflake56 I do enjoy a hot milk and nutmeg, I might make a small one at bedtime thanks ☺️

So it’s Equinox….I love that every place on this earth has equal day and equal night at this time. And now in the Northern Hemisphere we move on into the light, yay 🤗

Talk to you all tomorrow

Day 20 UK CD

Late check in bc full day. Woke growly & with pain in joints, feeling viral all over again & frustrated at load left after yesterday’s hyperdrive. Decided to switch from grump to thankful in the shower and stop both resisting and feeling I had to Do Everything. The day went swimmingly after that!

Lovely balance of bits, handing over next stage of Big Project to colleague to draft by tomorrow (yay!) freeing me up to give some of my stuff to temp PA and catch up with Lent course – luxury! Went into town to meet colleague for social tea & lent course, all went much more easily than I’d expected despite feeling unwell and at times quite grumpy again.

Tomorrow is pretty full and I’ll be juggling stuff & people, but at last I get to try on clothes and have them re-fitted with pins – yay!!

This morning I weighed an astonishing 67kg – 2kg up on the start of the month! but prob yesterday’s bread & not drinking enough. Today I switched up eating and had big vegan chilli at lunchtime, thyme tea with clementines at tea time then vegan fish fingers with watercress & spinach followed by the last of the vegan yogurt with banana, cacao & a few almonds.

Feeling v weary but glad to have stayed up to organise tomorrow and have a quick soak in epsom salt baths. DD coming round at 7am to shower – her bathroom is being demolished to replace shower! – so definitely time to zzzzzz

@debster251 congrats on slaying sugar dragon
    @borealis hope you had good day on reset waggon
    @basyjames hang on in there… Real Life is variable, and you are so experienced at finding good ways forward
    @daffodil2010 well done for being gentle with yourself. TOM is no time for great feats of energy, it’s time to curl up and hibernate with mother nature x

Well done if you are ploughing through a successful Challenge…. But if you’re not, it’s always worth remembering you are not alone. A Slump is so normal at this stage of the month – Equinox is a great day to stop and rebalance ourselves – a perfect time to breathe then move on for one last push through to the end of March challenge…

Looking forward to FD tomorrow….starting pocket list for accountability, in case I get here late agin…

Pocket List Day 21
    @michelinme

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Happy Vernal Equinox! 🥀🥀🥀

It was a sunny day with ice cold East wind on this first day of spring here in the Northern Hemisphere.
    Went to Tai Chi class, then coffee with DH on campus, walking the doggie, did some chores and reading.

@annemarilyn: I suffered this kind of migraine for some years. Now I have it once in a while. It starts out of the blue. Always without headache, just these bright flashes, circles, etc. for 20 to 30 minutes. Hope it will not happen often to you! 😊🌺🌼

Hope you all had a good Wednesday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 21. London. UK. FD

Joining today’s pocket list. It feels like spring is nearly here. Have a good day all.

Pocket List Day 21
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor

Day 20 Ohio, US — NFD (80 bites)

Just checking in — very tired right now after a super busy day at work.

Enjoy the full moon!

Day 21 – Melbourne AUS – FD

We lost the final by 1 goal, but it was a close game, total nail biter – and we all played well 

Yesterday wasn’t sugar free, we have a huge bag of swiss dark chocolate nibs (direct from a chocolate supplier who my step brother works for) and I reckon I had maybe 50g before the netball game – need to try and abstain from that in future, as I know I didn’t really need it, but the willpower was lacking to resist.

Had the worst sleep last night, and the third restless sleep in a row, so not feeling great. Today’s FD will be a challenge.

@snowflake56 it’s a very tactical game requiring all players to work well together. I usually play Goal Keeper and sometimes Wing Defence (I play in a mixed competition, so it’s 3 boys and 4 girls on court, so the boys tend to take the positions with more running)

Pocket List Day 21
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @gretta

Day 21 Melb. Aust FD800

Survived yesterday’s FD without breaking out. Another today, and then tomorrow to hope the scales are kind to me on Saturday. Just realised this morning that I’m at one of my “plateau” weights. It’s so long since I’ve been this light, and on the downward trail, that I’d forgotten. Plus the 79kg plateau didn’t eventuate, so this 76kg one has taken me a bit by surprise. means I’ll have to be extra diligent.

@aglowworm, like the MMS code – good description, but not somewhere to stay for too long! 🙂

@gretta, sorry you lost the grand final, but it was sure close.

@ciren2, sorry to read of your asthma woes post-infection. My doctor automatically gets me to double my asthma med (I take Symbicort) for a couple of weeks when I have a cold/flu/upper respiratory tract infection, etc., plus use two puffs of Ventolin every 4 hours during the day and as needed at night. If you’ve not increased your meds, do that now; you can’t wait till April!

Pocket List Day 21
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @gretta
    @betsylee

Day 21 – Manchester, England – NFD

I had a glass of wine to end off the day yesterday, so I finished at 530 cals. A good FD.

Today is my last commute of the week – thank goodness. I have a night out tonight and then the hubby is home for the weekend which is a nice treat, but dangerous food-wise too.

I’ve had a few overly-relaxed NFDs over the past 2 weekends and it really shows on the scales. If I focus this weekend, then I can still make my goal for the month. I want to stay mindful this weekend when I’m not fasting.

@daffodil2010 – it sounds sensible to have done an 800 day. It’s great that you stuck to that. Well done. I knew it was Vernal/Spring Equinox, but I didn’t know that everywhere had the same amount of daylight. That’s really cool! How was the weather where you are? It even felt like Spring here in N England.

@michelinme – thanks for the words of reassurance on the MMS (mid-month slump). I like your point about it being the start of Spring and that being such a great motivator to push to the end of the month.

@redrockgirl302 and @annemarilyn – I have also experienced aura migraines. Although the auras are a warning sign to me that a migraine is coming. Very scary. Anne, I hope this doesn’t happen to you again.

@gretta – I’m sorry you didn’t win, but it sounds super close and I’m happy you played well. I haven’t played netball since school – it was one of the few sports I actually enjoyed though. I used to play GD or WD. I’ve also been struggling to get a good night’s sleep. My FD yesterday was tough, but I managed it. You can do it!

@betsylee – well done on yesterday’s FD.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 21, Emden Germany, FD?

Good morning everyone on this beautiful Spring day!

@aglowworm tbh the biscuits weren’t really worth it, just needed something to nibble. I think we should add MMS to our list, a lot of us suffer from it, me too. Enjoy your night out!
    @daffodil2010 well done on your FD800, hope you got a good sleep tonight.
    @therealwil78 and @debster251 you’re almost there, go for it!
    @rafiki44 haha!
    @ciren2 how annoying if you can’t sleep because of all the coughing, hard to get of it.
    @michelinme great motivational post, let’s use the arrival of Spring in a good way.
    @gretta what a pity, you were so close. As a child I played korfball for a while, it resembles netball, it also has a mixed team but less rules. Could you tweak your evening routine to get a better sleep?

Husband has been asked to work today so home alone. I’m trying to do a FD so add my name to the pocket list to get out of my MMS.

Pocket List Day 21
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56

“Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” Benjamin Franklin

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning all, and it’s looking like it might be a good one. Certainly there was a fresh smell of Spring on my morning walk at 6.30, and I could have sworn I saw a pair of housemartins flying over my house!! It’s a bit early for them, they don’t normally arrive until April or May…..so with all the nesting birds, catkins, blossom, new shoots and leaves, it certainly is, as @michelinme suggested, time to take stock of another new Springtime and move forward.

Feeling so much better today. Can’t believe I still have TOM after 42 years (sorry, I know I moan about this every time), but hey ho, on we go. It’s been particularly bad this time, so I have decided that I am going to let DH bring me out to dinner to our local restaurant tomorrow night as a treat ☺️

@gretta sorry you lost the final but oh so close. Well done.

@aglowworm yes it’s feeling Spring like here. Actually, my stepdaughter lives in Manchester, we went over to visit her last April when she was doing her final university presentation…..ANYWAY, one thing I did notice was that at that time you guys in Manchester has loads more cherry blossom on the trees than we had in East Ireland, and it was about a week or two later that we caught up. So Spring whooshes across the countries at its win lace, and we are a week or two behind you in N. England. I am such a nerd for these things ha ha 😀

Have a great day all. Trying another FD, nothing fancy, just plain and simple 500 cals. Might throw more protein in. I fancy eggs, hmmmm, boiled eggs for tea 🤔

2nd post
    * win lace…….should be *own pace

Sakes…..autocorrect 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Day 21 Wales NFD

Quick post as loads to do this morning, catch up with all the posts later, I hope x

2nd post

this is going to be an interesting day. Went to the basement for catfood and found 500g of chocolate in the catfood bag, what a strange place to hide it. Not good at all, now I know it’s there. Try to distract myself and stay strong.

Day- 21- FD- Atlanta, GA. USA

Had a decent workout this morning. Unfortunately got to the gym a little late. So I didnt get to finish my usual routine. Been kinda lazy about it all week. Promising myself to make up for it this weekend though. Planning on finishing the week stronger than last week too. I’m a teacher, and I got my yearly evaluation yesterday. It went really well! Looking forward to seeing the results. Good day to you all. Onwards and Downwards!!!

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 ??

Had a 800FD yesterday and undecided about today, just had a small glass of kefir so far and not hungry so it might just be another 800 day. I will see how the day unfolds. My plans for this week have been messed up so I’m just going with the flow.

Strength to the Thursday fasters 🙂

Day 21 Belfast FD
    No much to say today
    @gretta what a shame you didn’t win; still, you should feel proud
    @snowflake – 😂 it must have fallen in!
    @daffodil2010 – and our trees and flowers always seem a week or so behind you guys. Amazing what 100 miles or so does!

Pocket List Day 21
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @therealwil78
    @debster251

Like the quote snowflake
    “Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” Benjamin Franklin

Day 21 Canton OH FD

Day 21 UK FD

Grumpy as heck! Back to burning joints, headache, cold & tired today. Feeling overwhelmed with urgent projects 🙁 No-one is quite doing what they said they would and I’m really feeling the squeeze. Came here for a break & in search of the good head space I spent yesterday in… And to resist the temptation to eat my emotions! Juggling several people & things and keep getting stuck bc can’t think, or holding it all in.

Time for perspective & planning – not least for supper 🙂 Going to have a clementine or two and boost my immune system, and hope that and ginger tea will keep me going for a while longer – slippery slope!

Do some mediation & deep breathing for 10 mins. Then make a list of what’s possible in the time / energy I have, rather than trying to stretch myself to get on top of the load. This will all feel easier in a moment, and no food will help that 🙂

Day 21 USA (Illinois) FD

Joining the pocket list:

Pocket List Day 21
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @therealwil78
    @debster251
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 21 – USA – NFD

A new low…first time in 15 years: 141.4…I’m grateful, but there are bits that are getting crepey and I need to stop, lol!

Speaking of kefir, I thought I ordered the Bulgarian milk kefir starter; turned out well, I thought, but thinner than I expected. On my second batch, and then I got an email from the company asking me how I liked the YOGURT starter….looked at my package again and sure enough, it’s yogurt starter. Emailing with the company to see how that got mixed up and hoping to straighten it all out. Got a chuckle out of it, though.

Day 21 – USA – FD500

Good morning to my fellow 5:2 tribe!

To those struggling: may you finish the week strong — sending prayers for your strength and fresh resolve!

I am finding myself in a season of reflection: especially on fasting days. What am I truly emotionally and spiritually hungry for? In what ways have I tried to feed emotional hunger with food? I spent time this morning practicing Lectio Davina, and I will utilize my hunger pains today as a call to feed my soul with self-reflection and prayer as I go about my busy day.

I have been surprised to find fasting *physically* creates more space for *feasting* spiritually. I’ve never before been a faster. I wonder if anyone else has found this? I look forward to my fasting days and it frees me from having to spend time preparing food or struggling with the temptation to binge. Food is just not on my radar screen much today, and I feel myself slowly losing my over-attachment to it.

The weight loss is more and more becoming a happy side-effect of the discipline of fasting. I would definitely like to continue it after I’m at goal! I have never really fasted before in my life, as I never thought I’d be able to handle even ONE day without food. Now I’m enjoying it? What in the world is going in here? 😀

My goal for the time being is to let go of the over attachment, reliance, dependence on food.

It’s encouraging to read how well some of you are doing – you all inspire me!

Peace.

2nd post

@michelinme hope your day improves 🤗

@metatauta they made a mistake with my order too, they apologised and quickly completed the correct order, they said that their UK distributor had been away on holiday so was overwhelmed with orders. Sounds like the distribution maybe a bit of a cottage industry but internet response is efficient. On my third batch of kefir now and its lovely. Worth persevering 😋

Decided on a 800 FD so adding myself to the pocket list

Pocket List Day 21
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @therealwil78
    @debster251
    @songbirdme
    @missybear

Keep on keeping on everyone….because we’re worth it 😊

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD:

Fully staffed at work today, so we didn’t have any extra delivery to do. Actually made some time…only to get stuck for 20 minutes in a horrible traffic jam on the way home!

@betsylee: I take Symbicort too!
    I have actually doubled my puffs already. Well, not quite. I take one in the morning and two in the evening when things feel tighter. So, thanks, that gives me the confidence that I’m doing right. I don’t have any other inhalers, I don’t have full-blown asthma, just in my throat really, a cough. I first got it after living beside a busy main road for awhile in my 40s.
    Interestingly, when I did 5:2 successfully and reached my goal weight for a few months (….oh, so long ago…) my asthma totally went away!
    @fiftyandfabulous: Sounds as if you are doing great. 5:2 is a way of life, no need to stop at goal-weight. Maybe just do 6:1 instead…or maybe your lower weight will enable you to stay on 5:2. It’s nice that you find it spiritual..thinking that fasting’s part of many religious practises for a reason.

USA Day 21 FD800

Adding myself to the pocket list.

@michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @therealwil78
    @debster251
    @songbirdme
    @missybear
    @ccco FD800

Michelinme, I hope you feel better quickly! Also, congrats to all of you who have been showing signs of success! 🙂

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Planning a FD today but it is so cold and rainy outside and I could not sleep last night. So today’s FD will be a challenge. That I know that there is cake in the kitchen does not help!😊😄😂

Have a good Thursday everyone!⚘⚘⚘

Day 21. FD London

I trailed up to Borough Market today to try to get some raw milk to make kefir – first batch this year – but no joy. Ominous tests were being carried out so no raw milk to be had. Stepney City Farm, where I usually get raw goats milk, has closed their cafe, so no luck there either. They even asked me if I knew anybody who wanted to run a cafe! New career maybe…?
    I’ll just use full fat organic pasteurised milk instead.
    Can I make the kefir in a glazed ceramic jug? I did use a tall glass container but it seems to have disappeared. Husband swears he hasn’t broken it. I’m not so sure…

Question: how are you all doing the @minniemouse function?

Would somebody be willing to explain it step-by-step?

Thanks for your help!

Never mind — the question answered itself when I saw my post! 😛

Day 21 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Turning out to be AFD this week, having fasted Mon and Wed. Will plan on Friday as well. The scale messed around last week so thought I’d try a different schedule this week, and so far even the scale is moving in the right direction.

@metatauta – congratulations on your new low! Woo-hoo! BTW, from what weight have you come down?

@therealwil78 – What do you teach? Hopefully the results of the evaluation are good. I ended my full-time teaching career in ESL or ELL; as an English Language Learner Specialist working in a Primary and Middle school on the same campus.

@michelinme – hopefully you’ll be feeling better soon!

Glad we’re on the journey together!

USA Day 21 FD800

Well, I ended the day below my TDEE but above the 800 calories I intended. I am suffering from an extreme case of boredom today which took me above my goal. So much rain! I really needed to get out of here. Fortunately, tomorrow will be a nicer, although windy, day here, so I will do something! I have already prepared tomorrow’s salad.

Glad to hear news about everyone’s weight coming down! I am not weighing myself right now but hope to see the weight loss in some other ways.

Have a great evening/night everyone!

Day 21 London UK FD800

Just a quick check-in as still very busy – hopefully things will be slightly less frantic next week.

Just edged through the 12 stone barrier. 🙂

Have a great day tomorrow, everyone, and best wishes to those on Fast Days.

Day22 Japan FD

Hi I’ve been reading this thread for two weeks and I’m wondering if you would allow me to join you guys at this middle of the month time, as I really need someone there to keep myself motivated 😁

I’m a 30 years old female living in Japan right now, being overweight for all my life. Recently my feet hurt really bad and my doctor told me that it’s simply because I’m overweight so much that my feet could not afford it. So I started to look for a way of losing weight and found this book.

I’m on 5:2/4:3 for about 2 weeks now and I’ve lost 2.7kg already which is quite amazing. However my TOM came the first time in about 6 months so I found it quite hard to stick to the FD plan. That’s why I’m here!

It’s 8am here and I need to start a busy day now so I’ll probably come back to write something more later in the day.

Good luck to you all on FD including myself!

Day 22, Wellington, F800

March has been the month from hell from a fast day point of view. Wedding, family events, 3day WOMAD festival all meant lots of drinking and poor or excessive food choices.

Then the mosque massacres that devasted our innocent country have made concerns about diet and weight seem trivial in the greater picture.

Yet for all that, life has to go on or they succeed in shattering our way of life.

Not expecting much movement by the end of the month, but I’m back for the last week to be accountable.

Day 22 – Perth AUS – NFD

Haven’t posted or read the posts here in ages, and I haven’t done a fast day or any more 800 days. Am well and truly off the rails and pushing back up to 70kg. There’s no time to salvage any progress toward my goal in terms of weight loss, but I did start exercising a little bit. Will try to stay under 70kg, then aim to get back into the weight loss in April.

Stay strong all! I will be post-stalking to build motivation through the next week so I hit April HARD.

Day 22 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Despite the terrible fatigue and general poor mood this week, kitchen closed at 650cal, and I’m happy with that effort. FD’s have been a bit of a challenge lately (probably still getting back into the head space after Christmas followed by the honeymoon), we’ll get there.

My TOM puffiness has subsided, and even though my head and heart hasn’t really been in it, I’ve continued the FD’s, and (unsurprisingly) I’m back to the weight I was at the start of the month – who knows, the March goal may still be possible (and not far off if it’s not quite achieved). It does work, just need to be consistent and persevere (even use as a wake up call if I’ve been lying to myself about how much crap I’m shovelling in!!!) when cruella doesn’t tell you the numbers you want to see.

@michelinme yes thank you for the reminder about mid-month slump. We will push through it together! I’m an emotional eater myself, and until my head space is sorted, I’m just indulging in loads of cups of tea as a replacement. Good luck for your project work, sounds stressful!
    @aglowworm would you ever consider getting back into it? It’s a great game, and I love the social and competitive nature of it 
    @metatauta how funny!! That certainly gave me a laugh for my Friday.
    @fiftyandfabulous as an emotional eater myself, isn’t it amazing the flood of emotions one is able to experience when we’re not constantly distracting ourselves by eating?!
    @annemarilyn nice work on the shakeup of the 5:2 routine – sometimes that’s all you need to kick-start a loss!
    @bluesqueak milestone! Congrats!!
    @shelliz welcome!! I know the feeling re:TOM, though I do find that if I can push through a FD my symptoms can ease – but just listen to your body.
    @chipmunk13 what a roller coaster. We’re here supporting you, the FD’s will come back. Thoughts are with everyone in NZ.

Happy Friday everyone!

Day 22 – Japan – WFD (#23)

I broke my browser. This computer is 7 years old and so far I’ve broken Chrome, Edge and Firefox on it.

Day 22, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

My FD went fine yesterday, just kept busy and avoided going to the basement.

@shelliz a warm welcome to you, it’s never to late to join us, we like to have more company. Ask us whatever you want, there is a lot of knowledge around here. I added your name to the spreadsheet, you can use it if you want, but you don’t have to. The is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AfHMWrpu393YTbcKlgVfa-JRiHZp0X9EzlfuMMIwyr0/edit#gid=0

@debster251 the chocolate is still in the bag, I’m trying to forget it’s there.
    @michelinme I hope you’ll have a better day today. Did you manage to get your clothes needled for changing (sorry, weird sentence)?
    @metatauta congratulations on the new low!
    @fiftyandfabulous sounds like you have a good goal. I’m glad I’m not an emotional eater, I’m the opposite. I reached my goal weight 2 years ago (with a little slip in between) but still do 5:2 to have more room on my NFDs and I like the break between cooking/eating days.
    @emma-taylor interesting new career maybe?
    @annemarilyn that’s one of the things I like most about this WOL, you can tweak it if needed.
    @bluesqueak well done, keep on going!
    @chipmunk13 you have a difficult month behind you, just keep in touch with us, from my own experience I know it helps.
    @elektron hi to you! Just keep post-stalking and prepare yourself mentally to start again in April. You’re not alone on this journey and we all struggle at times.
    @gretta we can’t expect to be in the right mindset all the time. You’re not doing too bad, try to stay focussed. I admire your will to stay on course despite fatique and bad mood. Hugs!

Time to get up and do some homework, Friday is my house cleaning day.

“Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage and confidence in the doing.” Theodore Roosevelt

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 22 – France – EFS!

Just checking in …. will read posts when I’m back but EFS all this week. Lovely long ski days but also
    eating so much food and enjoying nice drinks too…
    Hope everyone is doing ok!

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 22 Wales NFD

Sitting here waiting for the dentist to open, as have been up half the night in pain, and I have severe anxiety about going to the dentist 🙁
    Lost 1.25lb and another cm off my waist which I am really pleased about after last Fridays major derailment. Should be out and about with hubby today, but this mouth might scupper that and make me behave. Been a busy week this week so was looking forward to relaxing today, best laid plans and all that!!!

@bluesqueak well done, keep going, hope I’ll join you soon, now 12st 8.25lb

@snowflake what a place for a secret choc stash, lol

@shelliz welcome xx

@fiftyandfabulous another emotional eater here, so can really see where you are coming from

@metatauta congrats

@jaifaim enjoy

Off to take more painkillers, hope you all have a great Friday xx

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I have breached the plateau line !!! 💃💃💃

Ok, by just a measly quarter pound, but I have not seen this weight since early Dec 2018 when Christmas and DH’s surgeries derailed me. Still loads to go to get back to goal, but it’s happening.

And oh look, here comes the weekend. 🍷 Is always part of weekend plans.

I will have to stop the 30DS I think, as I fear I have hurt my sciatica. I was complaining of back ache this week due to TOM, but it just kept lingering then suddenly yesterday the pain started shooting down the outside of my left thigh in work. Got home, tried ice, then heat, nothing relieved it. Bad nights sleep with tingling pain from my back all the way down my leg to a little cramping in my toes. Able to do a lot still, but if I sit or move my leg a certain way,….ouch 😁

Have a great Friday ☺️ Everyone.

@snowflake56 I laughed at chocolate hidden in the cat food bag, though not good knowing its there 😄
    @russetfox I feel your anxiety re the dentist. I found one who does sedation and I only go when I have to and I tell him to do everything while I am under. Its costly but the only way I can manage dentists. Thinking of you today my dear 🤗
    Anyone ever suffer and have any tips to get relief, naturally, from this?

2nd post

I was asking for tips for relief from sciatica up there, not for going to the dentist….😀

Day 22, Cornwall UK, NFD

Yes I’ve been absent for a bit. I’m still doing 5:2 and following a plant-based diet but I’ve been stuck on a plateau for months as I try and tackle a bad snacking habit. And I don’t feel like I have anything that interesting to say! But I have news….

Friday is weekly weigh-in day and I have finally managed to lose a bit (0.5kg!) and more importantly I have reached my next goal of 71.3kg/24.9 BMI. I am technically healthy weight according to our NHS! Its taken 18 months to get here, and 12 months exactly to get from 30 BMI down to under 25. You’ve no idea how hard won this was! And how much I talk about not gaining it all back again (boring my poor family to death with food talk).

Next target is to achieve maintenance weight range, which is 63-65kg. I need to do this as my waist still needs a bit trimmed off to be healthy. So not just a vanity thing (I keep telling myself!).

@daffodil2010 -I too fear the dentist – I found a lovely one in the last couple of years who is very good with the painkillers and knows how to find the nerves in my mouth, which seem to be in the wrong place! I’m with you on making it comfortable.

Day 22 – Manchester, England – NFD

Mammoth post alert! 🙂

Hi all. Yesterday finished up being a good NFD. I felt very mindful about my food. @fiftyandfabulous – I really understand what you’re saying about the link between fasting and how it ties into the body and soul. It’s really hard to explain it properly, but I find when I’m fasting that I am able to take a step back and be more mindful about so many other things. When I’ve been fasting, I’ve also not wanted to consume other things – I’ve not bought physical things because I’ve been mindful of whether I really *need* that thing or not. I’m not sure if that makes sense or relates to what you were saying! But I think I know what you mean!

I ate sensibly before my night out. And I even watched my hubby devour a huge bowl of loaded fries and wings when we were out together because he hadn’t eaten. He kept offering me some and I was able to say no – which I wouldn’t have normally been able to do. I felt really proud of myself. (It sounds so silly when I write it down, but I’m sure you will know what I mean!)

Today is another NFD and I have a small hangover – which is a terrible time for me with food. But I’m determined to stay strong and I have jobs to do, so that should keep me busy and out of the kitchen. I’m hoping to start doing some private classes, so I’m going to go out and scout for rooms to work in. Then later, me and the hubby are going to do a big, healthy shop for cooking over the weekend.

@daffodil2010 – We’ve got loads of cherry blossom now! I love seeing it come out. It really signals the start of spring for me. Has your stepdaughter stayed in MCR after uni too? I hope your FD went well yesterday. I love boiled eggs!

@metatauta – congrats on the low!

@bluesqueak – well done on going through that barrier. Hopefully I’ll be with you before too long 🙂

@cornish-jane – well done on achieving that BMI. My goal is to get mine into a healthy range too. I started the month on 29 and according the NHS, I need to be down to 19-23. Today’s scales were a low of 28.1, so I’m making slow progress. You are inspirational!

@daffodil2010 – amazing news! Good luck over the weekend. My husband gets sciatica and does hamstring stretches to help his. I hope it gets better soon

@shelliz – welcome! I’m a newbie to the 5:2 too. Everyone here is lovely and I’m sure you will get the support you need.

@chipmunk13 – I’m so sorry for what you have all been through. It’s great you’re back with us for the final push!

@gretta – hehe I’m not sure. I think I would probably give it a go if I could find people. It has been a veeeery long time though!

@russetfox – I hope the dentist was ok??? I also hate the dentist.

@cornishjane – I go on about fasting so much it’s now officially called the cracked record diet in our house. But I do notice that my husband needs to lose about a stone. He’s being resistant at the mo….

Day 21- Atlanta, Ga. -USA

Happy Friday all! Had a good workout this morning. Decided that I’m not going to get down on myself anymore. Just going to jfocus on it day by day. Have a great weekend everyone!

I’m a bit gutted because I just found out I haven’t been shortlisted for a job that I applied for.
    Must. Not. Emotional. Eat. 🙁

Day 22 Belfast NFD

The scales showed the top of maintenance range today and 1/2” from my waist….yay! However, no flags and trumpets yet. I need to be there till the end of the month and then I’ll change my name to green again!
    @michelinme – feel better soon.
    @metatauta – so now you’ll have yoghurt and kefir! Happy days! Well done on that low.
    @fiftyandfabulous – I guess it’s no coincidence that fast days are integrated into so many religions. I’ve been doing this WOL since 2016 and I love the mental clarity and energy of fast days.
    @EmmaTaylor – I use Kilner type jars to make and store the kefir which cuts out using another container. It works well.
    @bluesqueak – very well done on that watershed!
    Welcome @shelliz. There’s no place better and no time like the present. This forum is testament to the fact that this WOL truly works. I suggest you read @snowflake’s very eloquent introduction on the first page to get you started. If you have a question feel free to ask and someone will dive in with a reply! Good luck!
    @snowflake 💪💪💪
    @russetfox well done on losing lbs and another cm from your waist. You’re on a roll! Good luck with the dentist.
    Well done @daffodil2010 – now the challenge is to keep it there over the weekend!
    @cornish-jane – wow! Many congratulations. You should be so proud of yourself.
    @aglowworm – no, it doesn’t sound silly and you should be proud. Sorry to hear about the job. ☹️ Stay strong!

I have been watching a programme on what goes into our foods. Last night, a food critic went on a ready meal diet for a month. He went from total normal stats to have a huge belly and his waist/hip ratio put him into the ‘obese’ category (world health organisation measurements) in a month. Is it any wonder weight has become such an issue?

The hula hoop has been moved from under the junk to near the door. Next step…. round my waist?

ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS!

Day 22 – USA – NFD 1400

Happy Friday 5:2 Tribe! Today I am focusing on nourishing and challenging my body after yesterday’s FD. The scale says I am down 5lbs so far for the month. Not bad considering I am not putting any restrictions other than staying at my GW TDEE on my eating days. It is a great strength of this protocol to be able to enjoy foods we love in MODERATION!

This morning I’ve been reading about the different vitamins and how important they are to our health. My focus today is B vitamins, which are involved in energy metabolism. Refresher on how to get these must-have vitamins if you’re interested:

FOLATE: spinach, legumes, oatmeal, dark leafy greens, asparagus, crab

RIBOFLAVIN: milk, yogurt, almonds, soy milk, chicken and beef liver

NIACIN: tuna, peanut butter, salmon, whole grains

THIAMINE: wheat germ, pork, oatmeal, carrots, black beans

B-6: beef liver, bananas, chicken, turkey, sweet potato

B-12: nearly all animal products including meat, oysters, clams, tuna, and salmon and yogurt

@aglowworm, @greta, @russetfox, @snowflake56 Yesterday I ended up doing my first EVER water fast, and it just
    felt like it happenedd naturally. It is awesome to see the FD as a day of *rest* with a *gift* of added time we don’t have to worry about cooking/cleaning up/deciding what to eat. I’m glad some of you can relate to the sharper mental focus and clarity that fasting offers. You explained it better than I did. I’m excited to see what other benefits may present themselves at a later time!!

Eating to live, not living to eat. 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.