Low GI recipes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi, I’m not working for him (or even a particular fan of his!) but thought I’d mention that Antony Worrell Thompson (UK chef) has a couple of good recipe books containing low GI meals.
    The ‘GI Diet made simple’ I find particularly good as all the recipes are below 500 cal per serving, many are below 300 cal, and the calorific content of each recipe is listed.
    I tried the low GI diet a while back and found it worked well & I really liked the recipes (I love pasta and nuts so any diet allowing these is good for me!)
    I’m now planning to fast for 2 days, follow low GI recipes for 4 days and have a ‘blow out’ day when I eat and drink whatever I fancy. Here’s hoping this will work for me!

Hi Dilly, I do not have his books but elsewhere I did mention the bbbgoodfood website which also has some good info on low G.I.meals as does allrecipes.co.uk. In my local library I picked up a Vegetarian recipe book, all the recipes have a nutrient breakdown and most were low G.I. and zero cholesterol so the library is a no cost source of good research also.
    Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.