Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,251 through 16,300 (of 16,657 total)

• Sending the power of positive thought and wish Nama and everyone involved all the very best for the wedding on Sunday may the force be with you..
    Peace RT

Yes. Have a wonderful day Nama. I hope all goes well. X

Barata,
    Great news about other half, will I still recognise him in January? Liam was interviewed often here, great personality, suspect he has a big TV future.

More good news-another pound off today (7 lbs in 11 days)which I wasn’t expecting after eating sandwiches yesterday. Fasting today to keep last pound off and planning to have a mushroom omelete and salad for dinner.

Nama- I hope you have a wonderful day on Sunday.

RT- how is your maintenance going? Keeping at goal on one fast per week? I can’t even visualise being able to get to that point. At least it’s going well at the moment.

I have decided that I will skip breakfast and lunch when I go on my bowls holiday at the end of August, just have some fruit. I have heard the food is great so temptation will be strong. I definitely do not need 5 days of three meals per day even if I am doing a lot of sport. They have archery, Kurling, a pool plus bowls so it will be fun. Of course I will be dancing every evening, can’t wait.

Life is good when your efforts are rewarded

Morning,

Day 12, still congested 🙁 Anyhow, I feel brighter, so hopefully that’s a harbinger of good health to be restored.

Having said I wasn’t going to fast this week I am tempted to do 24 hours today. It can’t be a proper fast because I will be enjoying a fermented product this evening, and I don’t need to for maintenance this week, but I do miss fasting! Actually, if I forego food this evening and drink less than 500 cals of wine, will that technically count as a 36 hour fast?!

Jo,

Great to hear you sounding so positive. It would be amazing if you could hit your target this week, but I can’t help feeling it’s a bit ambitious. I hope you won’t be disappointed and disheartened if you don’t manage it. Working on 1lb of fat equating roughly to 3500 calories, you’d need to achieve a calorie deficit of over 5000 to lose 1.5lbs. That’s more than 2 days of fasting I think? Given the long journey you’ve been on, wouldn’t a consistent 1lb per week be an amazing result and perhaps a more realistic target?

Ha ha, Jo, posts crossed and I see you have hit your target! I’m amazed to be honest. I don’t mean to be rude, but were you overeating quite a lot before you joined SW to be able to lose so much weight so quickly?

Morning/evening all,

Another sunny morning but definitely an autmnal nip in the air.

Happy Birthday Purple 🎇🎈🎆

Jo,

I didn’t see the programme about drugs but it is not true that exercise is the answer for all cases of hypertension and high cholesterol so if that is what the programme implied it was misleading.

I suffer from familial hypercholesterolaemia and the only way to lower it is by taking statins. There are also many causes of hypertension and not all of them can be successfully managed without medication.

Friday already, where did the week go……..

Happy, I broke my long fast with a beer but I wouldn’t recommend more than one drink without eating something. Maybe a handful of dried fruit 😉

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Cheers Barata and Amazon

Thanks Amazon, I’d forgotten about your beer fast!

I watched the programme Jo is referring to. They didn’t say exercise would lower cholesterol. They took a group of people with various conditions (T2, those with high risk of stroke/HD, etc), took them off statins, tested blood, got them walking, tested blood. As I remember they did not see reductions in cholesterol, but did see improved blood sugar control, lowered BP, weight loss, general mood boost, etc. So what many of us already understand to be the benefits of exercise!

The point the programme was making is that the NHS is controlled by big pharma and is more a National Dispensing Service than a Health Service, but for many people (including some with depression and chronic pain) there are interventions other than drugs that would better restore people to health.

It wasn’t suggesting that everyone could or should be drug free. Indeed the doctor/presenter advised one of the walking group to go back on statins because his cholesterol was high and he was high risk. The man declined and said he wanted to give it another 3 months pill-free and then reassess.

Good to see the message about the evil tendrils of big pharma on primetime BBC!

And because most GPs get their training from Big Pharma, they don’t know any other way to treat patients. Most are too nervous of the lawyers to risk anything radical like diet and exercise, let alone fasting!!!! P

Hi all,

Thanks for all your kind wishes re the wedding on Sunday – I am getting very excited now! Bub is doing really well so will be there at her first outing at 11 days old, she has a new dress for the occasion! How lucky we are to have three generations together for the first time. Undoubtedly I will have lots to tell.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy get better soon, maybe you need more rest? Jo your results are amazing, obviously you are really motivated now – positive feedback is a wonderful thing!

I am trying hard to be good, but a little hard when so much going on. Still hard not to think of food as a celebratory thing, any excuse to eat!! I have skipped breakfast and lunch each day and just had dinner, so weight has stayed exactly the same. Whatever works!
    Cheers all xx

Hi Nama, once you get into that dress on Sunday you can allow yourself to relax a little and enjoy whatever is on offer at the wedding feast. I’m sure it’ll be wonderful and so nice to have a new member of the family in attendance 🙂

Thanks Happy,it sounds like I missed a good programme. It is about time that everyone realises that taking medication to treat symptoms is not the way to go, we should be treating the cause of the issue. Of course our poor NHS is on it’s knees after 30 odd years of being slowly strangled by successive governments. I hope Theresa May doesn’t turn out to be as disengenuous with the truth as her predecessor who claimed that the NHS was safe in his hands as we really need a service that is fit for purpose and has adequate funding to enable preventitive medicine to be practiced by all.

My BP has lowered in line with my decreasing weight and increasing fitness. It is now at the level whereby if it becomes any lower my medication will have to be decreased. I doubt that I’ll ever be free of medication as I seem to have inherited my Dad’s poor health genes, but at least I can keep myself as fit and healthy as possible and be content with the fact that I’m doing as much as is feasible.
    By that I mean that giving up wine, bread and cake is unfeasible but it’ll never again be my daily bread 🙂

It is a beautiful day here. The sun was shining when I left for the gym this morning and it is still doing so ☀😎

Happy,
    Actually I am eating more now but more strict about added sugar and complex carbs, I guess you would call it a high fibre diet and mainly raw. I am not controlling by calories and still having oil on salad and cooking fish and eggs in butter. I am doing considerably more exercise so I am assuming it’s down to improved calorie burn. Really looking forward to Monday. I am still doing 5:2 remember and 19/5 so I am getting the benefit of fasting too. I am weighing daily and determined to suceed this time around. I think 1-2 pounds per week is doable but I will be happy with any loss.

Perhaps you can catch the programme on iplayer Amazon, definitely worth viewing.
    I am guilty of using antibiotics and anti inflamatories, muscle relaxants, painkillers plus antihistamine as a quick fix but am now avoiding their use as much as possible. My mother always refused to take tablets and lived a very healthy life up to the age of 90, she also walked daily for a minimum of an hour. Don’t know why I didn’t learn from her earlier.
    The NHS does fund training for a volunteer walking programme. I am a qualified walk leader and used to organise a weekly walk which is free to users and advertised by NHS. Volunteers like me run these everyday in our area so if motivated you could join any group. There is also a group with helpers for frail or disabled walkers. They also fund a one-on-one weight watching group which is free run in a local chemist but their advice isn’t much better than slimming groups, low fat basis, calorie controlled. So there is some preventative schemes in place.
    Heading off for swimming and then kettlebells class but wearing a back brace this time.

Hi Jo,

You are definitely in a better place than you’ve been for a while. Maybe you’ve found the right combination to aid your weight loss 🙂

I’ve finally cracked staying within TDEE (fingers crossed) and am hoping to see the scales showing a positive result next time I step on them.
    I have 2 weeks until I go on holiday and should be under my previous lowest weight on 5:2 by then which would make me very happy indeed 🙂

I’ve had my weekend bread ration today, in the form of a bacon sarnie. I planned to have a salad for dinner but I’m not remotely hungry so might not bother. A glass of fermented grape juice is definitely on the menu 🍷😛
    I’m making Ottolenghi’s lamb stuffed aubergine for dinner tomorrow and Sunday which I’m really looking forward to. I’m aiming for a single meal on both days which will ensure I don’t over-eat.

I had a great workout at the gym this morning. I always start with the rowing machine, followed by bike and finally treadmill but there was an engineer working on the a/c and he was obstructing the bikes so I used it last. I found it much easier than ever before so might try it in that order again next week.
    I was full of energy and enthusiasm afterwards but the pool was out of order. I’ve no idea what the problem was and was really disappointed that I couldn’t have a swim 😖
    The forecast for tomorrow is excellent so the intention is to get up early and walk along the towpath to Richmond and return via Kew Gardens. I can hardly believe the weather, the sun is so hot that it is burning my feet but I’m reluctant to move 😆

Hi Jo,

Thanks for pandering to the scientist in me, always striving to understand things! Let’s hope you’ve got the final piece of the puzzle now and can sail on to goal and maintenance!

Amazon,

I’m going to have to google that lamb stuffed aubergine, sounds right up my street…if a little meaty for me these days. I’m finding I enjoy meat less and less, perhaps because I know too much about welfare standards and environmental impacts ☚ī¸

I’ve got a weekend of cleaning (I can’t hide from it any longer!) and Christmas cake making. I’m also hoping I can will my cold out of existence, power of positive thought and all that 😀

Happy- sounds like you are coming over to the dark side- Ha Ha pescatarianism.

You will find it so much easier on the digestion and lower calories which can’t be bad. I am cooking Skate Wing with Capers tomorrow. I don’t do as much fancy cooking as you, Ply, Amazon, Nama and PVE but I can cook any type of fish or seafood and some pretty great vegetable curries and soups. I make cakes only for people’s birthdays.

I don’t know whether this current plan will work long term but I am enjoying it and it helps to see benefits on the scales.

Amazon- we often find that changes brought about by outside circumstances lead us to better routines. I used to do 20 mins on the bike, then treadmill, then cross trainer then 10 mins on the rowing machine- one hour 10 minutes workout. These days I am just doing classes. Great news about you getting a new before your trip.

My son is cooking breakfast for me tomorrow, knowing him this will be about lunchtime. I suggested scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. It’s an early birthday treat.

Happy,

Someone gave me a book token and I bought a copy of Jerusalem with it. I am slowly getting to know the recipes which are different to anything else I’ve ever made. There are so many fabulous recipes where the vegetables are the star. He also loves aubergines and has written numerous recipes using them. I’m also going to try roasted squash with fresh figs as I’ve got a really nice squash that I picked myself waiting to be used.

I want to buy his vegetarian book which I think is called Plenty but I’ve just bought two cookery books. Maybe I’ll ask someone to buy it for me for Christmas……..

I eat much less meat than I used to and buy the best quality I can. Fortunately there are two excellent butchers within a mile.

Do you always make Christmas cake this early? I usually make mine a couple of months beforehand and I have been thinking about making it sooner. Do you feed yours?

I’ve been watching Jamie Oliver’s latest series on Channel 4 which started this evening. He went to a market in South Korea to find out about their love of Kimchi and then back home he made a really tasty looking broth with lots of veggies, chicken, tofu, noodles and Kimchi. I wanted to reach into the TV and help myself to a bowl. I must have a go at making Kimchi soon.

Jo, I always used to have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for breakfast on Christmas Day. I love it!
    I’ve also always loved cooking and will try making anything. I’ve had more than a few failures but the successes far outweigh them.

Amazon- I have the deepest respect for the chefs of this world. I have tried Kimchi as I have a friend from Korea, it’s delicious. I have never made a christmas cake for myself but I used to get the nursery children to make one together, they loved stirring in all the ingredients. We had to use a washing up bowl. Weirdly I think my mother also mixed hers in a washing up bowl. She was a fantastic cook, everything was homemade in our house, it was heaven. Quite a lot of veggies were home grown too.
    I only grew tomatoes, beans and peas this year, poor show. Apple tree did well though.

Jo, I don’t see if as the dark side, but yes, vegetables, fish, and less meat does seem to be my future!

Re: your current plan. The fact that you’re enjoying it suggests it will be sustainable, and if you continue to see results all the better!

Amazon,

I’ve got Plenty More but not Plenty, and I think it will be Jerusalem next.

I’d never made Christmas cake until 6 years ago after Mum’s death. Bless her, she just made a fruit cake, and sometimes only a couple of days before xmas day leaving it tight for marzipan and icing (cooking was a very weak point for mum!).

I think I’m just going to make it now to have it done! And yes, I’ll be feeding it regularly until xmas 😀 Or maybe I should leave it for a couple of weeks…. Although I know people who made theirs last weekend…arghhhhh…. Now I don’t know anymore 😀

Hi Jo
    It’s sounds as if what you are doing now is working â˜ē
    It’s important to note what you have changed. I don’t understand what you are doing differently? Haven’t we all been extolling low carb/full fat, low gi, lots of fibrous veg and fish, minimal meat, fasting, no snacking and less (and smaller) eating opportunities for years now? Oh, and that it would take a massive amounts of exercise to burn large amounts of fat? What you eat is everything.
    What have you done to change your regime? P

Hello,
    We are sitting at the airport for the longest time. The car was dropped off around 5ish and we’ll be boarding at 11:10pm with arrival time tomorrow at 6:30am.
    The weather had been horrible since last night therefore we couldn’t do anything today. This was the only bad day so we are very happy.
    Happy Birthdat to Purple!
    Thank God I am not Irish! I wonder what kind of jokes they have with the other English speaking Folks.
    I hope next week I put my s##t together. Looks like I need to make my immune system strong. Try to sleep better, better exercise routine, 5:2 and meditate. My mind is all over the place.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone and a big cyber hug
    ❤ī¸đŸ™â¤ī¸đŸ™

RT, you’ll love this…my little granddaughter, who is learning to play AFL, arrived with a “special” cup, singing “Cheers, cheers, the red and the white. ..” yesterday. Must have brought the Swannies luck â˜ēâ˜ēâ˜ē Roll on next weekend! P

Hi purple to much cuteness is never enough little humans do fill your heart with pure joy don’t they yes once again the match was over after the first quarter so powerful who do you want/think they will play off in the grand final next week.?

An all Sydney grand final, of course. It IS a Sydney game, after all 😉😉😉

Nama I can’t wait to see the wedding photos. Those are the type of celebrations that I really enjoy. It’s when most of families are present.
    Have fun 🍾

Nama,

I expect it’s all go at your place now! I hope the wedding goes off well and you don’t upstage the bride…too much 🙂 Fingers crossed for those poppers!!

Well I didn’t fast in the end yesterday, just 17 hours and then I remembered I’d made hummus the day before… Just as well since this morning I’m 0.5kg down for the week anyway. I guess my body’s working hard to fight these virulent germs!

Jo,

Enjoy your brunch. I like smoked salmon too, although I think smoked trout probably just edges it for me. I’m going to have to buy some this week now I’ve thought about it.

Morning/evening all,

So much for getting up early and going out before everyone else as I slept in until 9am!

Happy, My only guidance for making Christmas cakes is from the Goddess of Christmas aka Delia 😉 and she suggests a couple of months if possible. She says the same for Christmas puddings too.
    I am in the mood for cooking and baking at the moment and had a passing thought that I could make my cake now. I am actually planning on using the recipe that contains massive amounts of booze in which the fruit is marinaded in the fridge for a week before baking the cake so I might start it today and bake it next weekend.
    Rich fruit cakes keep really well and improve with age so no reason why you can’t make yours now if you are in the mood 🙂

Jo, my Mum used to used the scrubbed washing up bowl for the Christmas pudding mix 🙂

I bought the Guardian this morning,got it home only to find that the 20 page magazine entitled Easy Ottolenghi is missing. I am not amused đŸ˜ŦđŸ˜Ŧ
    Having said that, I need more recipes like a hole in the head 😂

Have a good one everybody 😜

I always made my Christmas pudding, with old sixpences in it, and an uniced cake in October, leaving them to age.
    Never make them now…can’t have that sort of temptation in the house 🙄
    Nail biting game RT!🏈🏈

Good Morning Everyone,

Another pound off today. I can hardly believe it myself.

PVE- I wish I could say that I am eating differently but I am not, except that more food has been raw as we are still getting hot weather here. I have been low carb (I still have potatoes) and very little added sugar for a very long time. The most change in my lifestyle has been increased aerobic exercise. I have recorded everything I have eaten so there is no mystery. The diet has foods you can eat freely which basically are proteins and veg/ fruit, everything else is restricted carbs, dairy and sugar. I basically have the fat allowance and semi skimmed milk allowance but not carbs and sugar. I am recording exercise too so I will know exactly how I can keep this momentum going.
    Maybe my metabolism is finally working better, who knows?
    Maybe I just needed big brother watching me?

My son didn’t make it to cook me breakfast so I had to make my own. Off to enjoy a swim. I have increased the 30 min to 40 mins from this week. Today is the day I get my bike out of the garage too, cobwebs and all. Positive steps!

Well, it seems to be working for you at last, so stick with it Jo. P â˜ēâ˜ē

Purple plenty of tears shed here for a heap of reasons 55 years is a long time to wait win a final in Perth win a final in Sydney to play the Grand Final in Melbourne massive effort with a stack of injuries throughout the year but the heart is stronger and belief in “anything is possible”
    RT

Yes RT. Even though it was so close, the Bulldogs played very well as a team. What a thrill for them to make it back to a grand final. The Giants are only new at this game. They’ve done well, but plenty of time.
    Go Swannies next weekend! ! 📛📛 (the only red and white icon) Have a good Sunday. P

hello from a very wet Scotland .
    PVE Happy Birthday pal . I hope you are having a fantastic day . .
    We did face chat or whatever its called (on the apple tablet) With Rebecca last night in Australia . She is just glowing . She is so happy and relaxed . It was amazing . Jim just could not get his head around the fact she could see us . She kept saying ” wave to my friend Granddad ) . We were joking with her American friend that it was haggis season and that the vegetarian ones had no feathers . It was just so so lovely . I was smiling all night . Having a kind of lazy day today .

Take care everyone and keep posting xxxxx

When are you and Jim coming over to visit her (and us?) 🙄🙄

When we can afford a TARDUS 🙂 . Would that not be brilliant pal ? 🙂 xxxx

Indeed it would â˜ēâ˜ē

This weekend is the third anniversary of 5:2 for me, for which I give thanks daily 🙂 I sat down with my cousin yesterday to watch the original documentary again, and was again struck by the health benefits this WOL provides. It reinforces again that it is indeed for life. And my cousin will take the message away and spread the word. She’s a sprightly 75-year-old, fit apart from slow-healing hip re-replacements. She and I took our elderly aunt to lunch yesterday, and while we were perusing the dessert menu aunt was almost falling asleep, so it was straight off home with her for her siesta. Yummy eggs and salmon cakes. Elderly aunt was quaffing the lovely Nelson pinot gris like it was water (didn’t touch her water glass, though 🙂 )

Isn’t the technology wonderful, Wee? With two children in Australia it makes the separation so much easier to bear. I often think of my poor mother when her sons started to fly – one to London, one to the US, two to Australia, and only the odd letter to keep her in touch – and we know how well blokes write 🙂

We have had a dreary week, weather-wise, so it was lovely to be able to get the washing in dry, and the lawn mowed, yesterday, and the beginning of daylight saving took me by surprise. I emptied 100mm from the rain gauge over last weekend 🙁 Back to drear and drizzly today.

Congratulations Barata. It is a marvellous, long term, way of life, isn’t it?
    So pleased Mr B has joined the mob too! P â˜ē

Oh, yes!!

Now to study the form for the local council election candidates – tough when you’ve never heard of some of them!

Happy 3rd Anniversary Barata! I love when I hear good testimonies. I feel huge right after a vacation where is hard to keep up with a healthy routine. Makes me feel hopeful.
    Also good luck looking for you politician. Monday we are having a historical debate. It’s very hard for us as well to pick one. It’s either the bad or the worst one.

Thank you, HCB. One bonus of this WOL is meeting so many great cyber friends – and turning some of them into literal friends!

We have a mayoral debate tomorrow (Monday) evening too. Not quite so much riding on it as yours, though. How can a country of 350m people pick those two…?

Hi All!

I hope everyone is doing well, as I mentioned last post – I’ve been reading along to all your posts despite my radio – silence! 🙂 You are all sounding well and there seems to be lots of exciting things happening!

I’ve been flat out at work this week, but Friday marked my first week officially done! I was absolutely shocked on friday morning to find I’d lost 1.5kilo in just over a week! I was so excited and motivated – literally didn’t change anything else in my life! Safe to say I’m hooked!

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend – I’ll be reading away as always so keep me up to date with all your exciting moments! 🙂

xx Faith

Hi All!

I hope everyone is doing well, as I mentioned last post – I’ve been reading along to all your posts despite my radio – silence! 🙂 You are all sounding well and there seems to be lots of exciting things happening!

I’ve been flat out at work this week, but Friday marked my first week officially done! I was absolutely shocked on friday morning to find I’d lost 1.5kilo in just over a week! I was so excited and motivated – literally didn’t change anything else in my life! Safe to say I’m hooked!

I’ve had a good weekend this week with 2 family parties and lots of great food and drink. I hoping it doesn’t de-rail my progress too much, but I’ve also just let myself enjoy the weekend without feeling guilty. I’m in a good frame of mind to refocus and be stronger than ever for the week ahead.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend – I’ll be reading away as always so keep me up to date with all your exciting moments! 🙂

Thank you all for making my first week so much easier and enjoyable! I couldn’t have done it without your support, encouragement and company!

xx Faith

Woops sorry folks!

My computer told me it couldn’t post my message – so I had to retype the whole thing and re post – only to find it had posted! 🙂 hehe

oh well! at least I got to add in my gratitude note!

Morning All,
    Barata- three years is a great achievement. I have been on it three years in January but still haven’t achieved goal. Keep on trucking.
    Our lovely sunny morning has turned into a dreary afternoon with rain expected. I still hope to swim outside this afternoon though. My so and his girlfriend are here for lunch but they are doing a fry up. I am sticking to salad. Support here continues to be non existent.
    I got my bike out of the back of the garage yesterday but it needs a new inner tube on the back wheel so it isn’t going anywhere yet. At least it’s clean now. Looking forward to riding on cycle paths.
    Fasting tomorrow.

Good Morning/Evening,

What a gorgeous day, it’s here today. One of those breath taking autumn days. Today’s plan is to drive one and half hour each way to pick out dog up my husband’s daughter’s.

I needed to step on that scale today! I don’t need to stretch the subject much because I knew it. Well, well… Most of it must be water of not eating well and lack of exercise from last trip.
    Back to my routine ASAP.

Sending good vibes to all of you ❤ī¸

Hi everyone,

It’s a lovely day here, and I walked down to the garden centre for some bulbs and a couple of autumn flowering plants to brighten the place up now that so many plants have stopped flowering although the perennial salvias, fuchsias and one or two others are still going strong.

I bought some cream violas and a deep pink dahlia that was the only one left and reduced to ÂŖ2 and lots of bulbs.
    The garden centre is in Syon Park and it is a nice walk. I ignored the smell of baked goods and various other interesting aromas and bypassed the farmers market which wasn’t too difficult as I was already laden with bulbs, plants and a new terracotta pot.
    I went straight into the garden and did some pruning and tidying although there is still much to do. I put some of the violas in the huge pot by the front door to replace some very tired red petunias that have been glorious all summer.

I planted up a tub with two varieties of narcissus, the dahlia and a couple of violas and it is outside my back door at the top of the stairs along with a bowl planted with miniature daffodil bulbs that I replanted from an old window box.

I’ve put the remaining narcissi, mini tulips, bluebells (mine didn’t appear this year)in various spots in the garden and a bowl of blue highly scented hyacinth are now in a dark cupboard. I’m hoping they’ll be in flower by Christmas. I bought some unusual looking bulbs that I’ve not heard of called Nectaroscordum (no idea what their common name is) which have pendent small bellshaped flowers and are highly attractive to pollinating insects which sold them to me 🙂
    My little garden should look very nice come spring 😎

When I came in from the garden I realised that I felt faint and hungry. No surprise as it was 2.30pm and I hadn’t had a drink since my early morning cuppas.

After the miraculous reviving effects of a shower and some coffee I felt much better 😛

The lamb stuffed aubergine and roasted squash with figs were both delicious. I’ve enough lamb filling left to go in the remaining half of the squash for a FD dinner tomorrow. Food free fasting on Tuesday.
    It should have been sweet potato with figs but I confused two recipes when I wrote my shopping list. Having made it with squash, I think sweet potato would have been too sweet for my liking so I’ll stick with squash.

Happy, did you make your cake? I’ve made the fruit, spice and alcohol mix for Delia’s Creole Christmas cake and it is stashed in the fridge until next weekend.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend 😜

Amazon,

I have made the cake! I googled yesterday and found various opinions on when to make a traditional, dried fruit heavy (😀), boozy Christmas cake and 2-3 months was the consensus. So I went for it. It’s cooling on a rack as I type.

I’m glad to hear the stuffed aubergine dish was good since that’s on the menu in our house this week!

It’s not been the best day here, breezy with sharp showers, but I got out for a walk this afternoon – my first for two weeks! Good to blow the cobwebs away.

I’ve seen the photo and I’m coming to yours for Christmas 😉

I’ve just had a slice of Delia’s last minute mincemeat cake which is my go to recipe when I want to bake a fruit cake. I use whatever fruits and nuts I have and it is always fab. I made this one as the builders are coming on Wednesday to replace the stairs to the garden and if there is no cake I’ll never hear the end of it 😆
    I couldn’t possibly offer it to them without checking it is OK………..

Amazon,

I don’t know that one but will have to investigate! Oh dear, I feel a fast day coming on 😀

So do I. 10 hours into it already. Happy fasting folk, (especially HCB) 😊

Viewing 50 posts - 16,251 through 16,300 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.