Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,901 through 15,950 (of 16,657 total)

• I used chard as an example of not widely available ๐Ÿ™‚

I used to grow it and when I went to my plot on a cold winters day to collect spuds and onions etc from the shed, there would always be chard to pick. I love it, steamed, stir fried or as a substitute for spinach in so many dishes.

Hello,
    Greengages! I just checked it at Google. If they are around here I never noticed it. Today I bought black and Italian plums who are my husbands favorites besides apricot in which I haven’t seen any nice ones around this year.

The oxtail dinner was amazing! Of course my husband and friends wife had fillet instead. Also the last time I had fermented juice was last Monday so a couple glasses felt so delicious. I brought the left overs home and it will be divided in small containers to be on vacation in the freezer. That particular couple are very skinny. The secret is no secret! They don’t eat much.
    Also the highlight of the get together with them was Brazil against Germany soccer match. Last world soccer cup we were together and for our humiliation the Germans won 7×1. So it was me alone celebrating yesterday’s victory.

Brazil who’s already broke I have no idea what’s gonna happen after the Olimpics. Sports in my country are only for the rich ones. I never had the opportunity for sports, music and arts. We were slim back then because we walked to school and food on the table was limited.

I declined a happy hour with a girlfriend tonight! When we get together I exceed my limit. Tomorrow I am fasting and the results are better if I behave well today.

Congratulations losers! This week I am willing to reach a new score.
    Xoxox

Morning All,
    Guests due tomorrow and then a trip imminent plus lots of bowls and gym time when I return. Be in touch in October to update. I will still be fasting but only 2 days per week and I will continue with 19/5.

Good Luck to everyone. I will catch up on return.

Morning Jo!

Wow, sounds like you’ve got a busy few weeks ahead of you?

I’m sorry, I can’t remember where you’re off to, but have a great time wherever you’ll be!

It’s pouring with rain here again this morning, starting to wish I was somewhere else… ๐Ÿ™‚

Raining here too Happy. We’ve been lucky so far.
    Have a good trip Jo. P

Hi Fast trackers
    30ยฐ predicted here tomorrow, so swimming forecast.
    Funny you are talking about greengages, B, as I ate some yesterday (I think). The French name is Reine Claude.

I am on fast track until Wednesday midday. I wonder if one can trick one’s body into fat burning mode. I ate Saturday and Sunday as we had friends staying, but this morning and even last night I am in fat burning mode. I wonder if our bodies anticipate a fast coming after feast.

GB has done extremely well in the Olympics, I guess the general mood is great elation with you. At the same time NZ is getting 3000 inquiries a month for prospective immigrants from UK.

Now for us the car breakdown question of 6 weeks ago is just about resolved. The car will be most likely dumped and we will be left licking our financial wounds. At least there is no loss of life or limb. I will fast to save money, and the up days will be porridge and not much else. Worse still I may need to go out and find a job, and what can one do in one’s late 60’s?………….. Don’t feel sorry for me as most of this is tongue in cheek.

Off to the garden to marvel at late summer bounties.
    Happy Fasting-
    xxx Wiwi

Oh Wi! It reminds me of our life back in the 80s….living the alternative lifestyle with minimal income, the bank manager suggested we live on baked beans!! ๐Ÿ˜Š P

Love that, dear Purple!

๐Ÿ˜‰

Just watched an episode of The Simpsons….haven’t seen it in years! Marge gets sugar banned from Springfield to alleviate obesity. Homer becomes involved with smuggling sugar back in and Marge’s plan fails, but the message is very clear. Haven’t laughed so much in ages. Great to see The Simpsons are still on the cutting edge ๐Ÿ˜

Hi everyone,

Jo, have a good time wherever it is you are going ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Wiwi, sorry to hear about the car but as you say, no-one was injured.
    I think the general consensus is that our bodies get used to using fat as a primary source of energy.

I’ve been to the gym this morning. I don’t like going on Monday as it is usually very crowded but I’m out for the day tomorrow. I arrived to discover that one of the popular Monday morning classes had been cancelled so I enjoyed my workout and didn’t have to fight my way through through the changing room ๐Ÿ™‚

19:5 went OK yesterday although I had too much fermented grape juice which sent me over my TDEE. I’m fasting today and will make it food free to compensate.

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Hi Amazon,

When you say food-free do you mean until tomorrow? So 36 hours food-free rather than 24? You really are on a roll!

I’m fasting today, but already thinking about what I will cook (and eat!) this evening ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Happy,

Yes, food free until tomorrow. I am finding it so difficult on non FDs, something I WILL find a solution for eventually, that I look forward to FDs. After my long fast two weeks ago I’ve realised that not eating is no harder than having 500 calories if I keep busy. It also makes sense from a health benefit point of view as 19:5 on non FDs means I’m fasting for nearer to 48 hours.

Wiwi, about 18 months ago I worked out that I was only using the car to take cardboard to the recycle bin about once a month and to go to the doctors once or twice a year. I decided it was too expensive for this so I got rid of it and decided to just use taxis if I needed to go to the doctors andI would pay to have my shopping delivered by the big supermarkets.

About a year ago I was discussing with my neighbour how I missed being able to go out for the day in the car to have a walk and he suggested that I could use his car if I paid half his insurance and half the road fund licence plus 10p per mile used, as this would help him out financially. This seemed a very good idea so we started it straight away. I also lent him some money to pay off his overdraft and then just take off this amount what I use in journeys, so a trip to the doctors uses ยฃ1.20, a trip to the main supermarket in the local big town will use ยฃ2.50 and if I go out for the day it will cost me about ยฃ10.00. I also fill his car with cardboard and if I haven’t taken it to the recycle bin he will do it for me when it gets too full to be able to see out of the back window, as he uses the car every day.

Perhaps you have a friend or neighbour with whom you could have a similar arrangement. As long as you have a good insurance record and treat the car with the same amount of respect as you do your friend, you should be able to work out a good deal with someone for the use of their car.

Just a suggestion.

Hello,
    Jo happy fun and yes if you could fit 5:2 on your busy schedule it will give us the incentive to do so.

Wiwi I believe Happy mentioned once that the process is called “eating from inside out”
    As you know in the US it’s impossible to survive without a car. In our case we are 4 miles away from the nearest bus stop. One of the reasons when we have guests my stress level goes up because they are completely dependent on us.

I am a little frustrated lately because of boredom. I am the manager of everything here. The house, various appointments, my husband’s rental property, cooking, shopping …all of this isn’t giving me any fulfillment.
    I asked a friend who would hire a 50 year old woman without any skills? She answered who would a 70 year old. At this moment I am revising all my school history and have all my credits analyzed and perhaps go back to school. I’ll keep you guys posted ๐Ÿ™ With that.

Yesterday I had a terrible headache. I normally don’t take any pills. I took 2 Aleeve night and I feel like I am on drugs. So far I had black coffee and lots of herbal tea. I hope I can manage my fast today. Also grape juice will be a treat and reward Saturday.
    Happy Fasting Folks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

hello HealthCoachB

Yesterday ended the Olympics, it was very good!
    I am very proud of my country.
    We were happy that nothing wrong, that people from other countries could come and enjoy the party.
    But the world does not know the country of fact, both the opening ceremony and in the end, did not show anything about the south of the country, it must be because we do not have carnival is the region hardest working and most produce, both in the industry as in agriculture, our life is all work and what the media shows just party.

As you said Brazil is broken it! let’s see how the problems will be solved.

I am 57 years old and work in a tecnonologias company, I returned to school after 45 years, it is never too late! Since fizems fasting we live longer we will have to work until 70 years.

A big hug!

Anaide Girl, you made my day! Only time will tell the financial consequences of Rio 2016. I don’t know if the international expectators were aware and to our shame that our “president”wasn’t present for the closing of ceremony. That’s how complicated the situation is.
    I cried a lot! That special tribute to the North easterners brought beautiful memories of my childhood and my father who sang those songs to us. Also all carnaval songs in which we were not allowed to leave the house but father would turn on the radio or we had the old LP disc and that was the fun.
    Carnaval, samba, sun and fun it’s not the real life for sure.

Keeping strong with my Fast today!

Hi everyone, if someone have Diabetes due to overweight, this video can help to you
    http://bit.do/ctWHV
    Awaiting comments…:)

Loving the posts

Morning all,

Well I fasted on Monday, but I wish I’d done it yesterday – I could’ve done with the cooling effect in an unairconditioned office!

I’m toying with doing another 24 hour fast today. I’m back just under the top of my maintenance range but would be happier with another lb or two off.

Morning/evening all,

My no food FD went well on Monday and I didn’t eat until dinner yesterday.
    I was out all day yesterday in Bushy Park which is a huge expanse of land next to Hampton Court Palace. It was a lovely place to spend a day. It’s going to be hot again today, 32C which might be mild for you SHers but for us Northern Europeans it’s a heatwave!

Definitely easier not to eat in such weather.

No, Amazon, 32deg isn’t mild, especially if it is humid. 23 is mild. Can’t imagine either at present….we’ve been in between minus 4 and 23 in the last 13 days, travelling around. Arrived home tonight to teaming rain and 11 deg. Spring is still a way off, but my azaleas look fabulous, if a bit wet now.
    No weight gain, but a fast due tomorrow anyway. P ๐Ÿ™„

Amazon,

I’m an afternoon grazer too, although it really only affects me when I’m working at home. When I work from an office I always take a packed lunch, rarely buy anything additional, and never succumb to office cakes. Food is similarly available, so why is my resolve weaker at home? No idea! But I’m wondering if making a packed lunch when.I’m working at home might help. That way I’d have what equated to a reasonable portion of food set aside, so maybe my brain recognise that as a sufficiency. Unlike the situation now when I can go back for seconds…and thirds..

Enjoy your heatwave! We’re forecast a more pleasant low 20s max today.

Welcome home P!

If it’s any consolation we had 13 degrees and torrential rain at the weekend…and this is summer!

You’re definitely an example to us all of how to holiday without gaining weight. I guess you have to be more disciplined with Mr P though?

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Someone has to keep him on the straight and narrow ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
    I’ve nibbled a bit while unpacking… .seems a shame to put things back in the cupboard ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Hampton Court, and the surrounding area, is one of my favourite haunts, Amazon.
    You are right about eating nothing is easier. Strange, isn’t it? And yet people, especially diabetics, have always been advised to eat little and often. It just doesn’t work! Fasting is magic. P

Hi Purple,

It is easier because rather than torturing myself thinking about how many more hours it is until dinner and what I might have I can concentrate on something else.

The hot weather also makes it easier not to eat during the day.

Yes. That’s what I find too ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was wondering why this thread was so quiet but glad to know everyone is well.
    Gorgeous weather here. On a cooler side, crisp at night. I want to believe those very hot days are over. For Friday it’s supposed to be 90 which once this week I can accept.

Welcome to you home Purple!

I am not feeling too hot since Sunday.Looks I have a cold. We were outside at our friends balcony and Sunday i woke up with sore throat and headache.

No news to report in regards to being a loser. I could manage to Fast Monday .
    Be well everyone โค๏ธ

Hi all,
    Sorry, still running around like a headless chook, but managing not to overeat in the process…. Reading posts every day, just too busy to sit down and respond. My kids are more work at present than when they were babies! Happily I returned from my four day ‘break’ at Jamieson at the same weight as when I left. Pouring rain up there but we still walked a lot. Plus I have finally learned not to take any ‘unecessary’ food there. Closest real shops are 20 mins away and the general store closes at 5.30pm, so evening snacking much easier to resist.

Your trip sounded lovely Purple, glad you got some sun. Melbourne having some sunny days but freezing nights, Spring must be here soon….. So funny to read of the heat in the Northern Hemisphere, soon we will be complaining about that and you lot will be freezing.

Great to hear from Bay and Wiwi. It is lovely when those cyber buddies that I have been chatting to on here for over a year pop in for a chat. I wonder where Jo suddenly went, I didn’t realise she had more trips planned… Healthcoach this thread tends to dry up very occasionally when everyone is travelling at the same time I think!!

Hiya all . Enjoy reading all the posts . We have a lovely day today . Fair lifts the spirits . Only about the 4th actual day we have had that feels like summer this year . I have been playing the yo yo game diet wise lately Put a few pounds on then take them off again then again . been stressed a lot with Jim BUT he is back to normal eating and putting on some weight ..Brilliant!! . Granddaughter has been in touch and has PM’d me a sent pictures so Happy with that . Ross OCD’s have settled down a bit now he sees his Dad improving . My Dad is slowly fading away from us but is still happily singing away . . I have had a good FD today at just over 500 calories . So pleased with that. Isn’t it strange that some days we can sail through and others we just can’t get started . My RA has been quite bad lately and I was putting it down to stress but I am sure the odd pounds added on then off doesn’t help . I am keeping that thought in my head so it will make me stick strict to my FD .

I read the posts every day even though I might not post . I AM managing to maintain with the odd elastic pounds ๐Ÿ™‚

Love and hugs wee xx

Hi Wee, great to hear from you! Great work maintaining with all the stress you have had.
    RT I hope all ok in your world, not like you to be this quiet either?

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Hi Nama you are a precious I am fine thanks work has been hectic with audits etc and also have been off the grid this week experimenting with something from the Jason Fung school of work of when to eat ?
    So the optimal strategy seems to be eating a large meal in the mid-day โ€“ sometime between 12:00 and 3:00pm and only a small amount in the evening hours. Interestingly, this is the typical traditional Mediterranean eating pattern. They have traditionally eaten a large lunch, followed by a siesta and then a small, almost snack sized โ€˜dinnerโ€™. While we often think of the Mediterranean diet as healthy due to the foods, the timing of the meals may also play a role.
    One final word of advice โ€“ We should DEFINITELY all take siestas. Even better, take a siesta by the lake in a hammock.

โ€˜if we were meant to graze we would be cowsโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜†
    Complete article here
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/circadian-rhytms-fasting-17/
    Fascinating stuff this WOL happy fast day Thursday people
    โ€œItโ€™s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once startedโ€
    Peace RT

Thanks for the link RT.

It’s interesting, I could definitely see me adopting that eating pattern. 2-4pm is the time when my hungry worm wants feeding but I’m then much less hungry in the evening. Maybe my urge to eat more food mid afternoon (other than because I was a ruminant in a previous life!) is just my body trying to move me to a more optimal eating pattern!

Morning/evening all,

Hi Wee, great to hear from you and as Nama said, you’ve done well despite all the stress you’ve been under, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the RA flare-up has been caused by it. Hopefully it’ll settle down again now.

As for the timing of when we eat our biggest meal, we don’t need to eat when we get out of bed as we’ve been sleeping but after a morning of activity we need to re-fuel, and as the majority of us aren’t very active in the evening, it makes sense that we don’t need a large meal at that time of day. The problem with that in the modern world is that eating has become a social event and a pastime. I love going out for dinner but I don’t love how I feel when I get home if I’ve not had my dinner until 8.30.

FD again today after two days of eating out but amazingly didn’t overdo it on either day which is good news for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Good Morning Tribe,
    As I sit here at the Doc’s office waiting for the Nurse to call my name for my annual check up I am taking the oportunity to report that I woke up a little hungry but based on the science and fact that we are all trying to make sense of may as well wait until lunch time.
    Enjoy your day ๐Ÿ’‹

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    A woman was nagging her husband to cut the grass, to which the husband answered, “What do I look like to you? A landscaper?!” Next time the sink was dripping, she asked him again, “Honey, can you fix the faucet?” The husband replied, “What do I look like to you? A Plumber?!” Two days later, a light bulb went out and she begged him again, “Honey, can you change the light bulb?” His reply was, “What am I? An electrician?!” A few days later, the husband comes home from work to find that the lawn is cut, the faucet is fixed, the light bulb is changed. Very surprised, he says, “Honey, what happened here?” The wife replies, “You know our new next door neighbor? He came over and fixed everything.” The husband says, “Honey, how did you pay him?!” “Oh, you know,” the wife says, “he told me that I could either bake him a cake or have sex with him.” Somewhat relieved the husband asks, “Whew, so what kind of a cake did you bake for him?” The wife replies, “Who do you think I am? Betty Crocker?!”

Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers ๐Ÿ˜†
    Peace RT

Nice RT! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
    Have a good weekend everyone. P

Ha ha ha, RT. Not to give us any ideas, of course … ๐Ÿ™‚

Didn’t little old NZ have a good Olympics? We came home with a record haul of medals, and nearly topped the chart on http://www.medalspercapita.com, so very proud of the team.

I’m busy working my way through my Friday list – all those chores that are saved up for my day ‘off’. Grey and cool, but spring’s just around the corner! ๐Ÿ™‚

Good news from the B household – OH reached a new PB today, so he is well on the right track. When you put it in old money, he’s lost over a stone, certainly gives him motivation, especially when he doesn’t alter his eating habits on five days of the week.

Jason Fung is full of wisdom. I read his blog every week for his latest pearls.

It’s good to hear all is well with the team. Have a great weekend, all you lovely fasters.

Morning/evening all,

August Bank Holiday weekend and the sun is shining, unheard of ๐Ÿ˜‰

Busy day ahead, shopping, gym, then out this afternoon to celebrate my great nephew’s first birthday ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a good weekend everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Hello Tribe,
    The BAD news first!
    My LDL is quite up since my last physical! This is something else since I am trying to be more into LCHF.
    The GOOD news ๐Ÿ‘
    I am 4lbs lighter than last year. They don’t know I was much heavier 3 months ago.
    No 2nd Fast here! Still have a sore throat! Not really feeling my best.
    Good to hear the Barata’s are very motivated! My incentive right there and go back and finish reading Dr. Fung’s. Who know he addresses cholesterol there as well.

Enjoy your weekend and see you later ๐Ÿ’‹

HCB, sorry to hear you’re not feeling well and not up to fasting.

Re: your elevated LDL. I understand that’s a common side effect of weight loss. If might be an idea to tell your doctor that you’d put on weight since your last check up but have lost it again recently!

I did do another 23:1 fast today, but not strictly quarter TDEE since… It’s the end of the working week and I’ve not had a drink since last weekend ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท

Amazon, I hope the 1st birthday party was fun and not fractious!

Barata, NZ did do well! GB came second, but per capita we were well down. And I haven’t seen the stats on cost per medal. I suspect GB will have spent considerably more than a lot of countries…

Great news on your OH too! You must be so pleased, and relieved, that he’s taking responsibility and making changes.

Weeeeell, Happy, I am very pleased that OH’s weight is coming off, albeit very slowly. But changes? Apart from 5:2 nothing has changed in his diet or lifestyle (except for no more fruit juice with breakfast!) Still lots of carbs, off to the pub on Saturday afternoon, no extra exercise… ๐Ÿ™

Ah Barata, baby steps…?!

A lot of us have found 5:2 has had a knock on effect on the 5 over time. Fingers crossed it’ll be the same for your OH!

Luckily my OH is not overweight, and happens to be a natural intermittent faster…just as well as he says he doesn’t even know what a calorie is!

Happy,

It wasn’t a party, they met up with the mother and baby group yesterday for a
    picnic. Can you imagine……. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

My niece had to go into town so I met them afterwards and as he was sleeping we took the opportunity to walk to the lock where there is a nice cafe that serves great coffee. When he woke up we went to my local park which is tiny but has a well equipped play area for little ones.

He seemed to be pleased with his present, but who wouldn’t want a big red wooden bus with wooden passengers……….

It has been a beautiful day ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Do the wheels of the bus go ’round and ’round, Amazon? ๐Ÿ™‚

I live in hope, Happy, but there’s no dispute where our daughter gets her stubbornness from.

Morning/evening all,

They do indeed Barata ๐Ÿ™‚

Cooler this morning, but no rain forecast. It is sooo quiet here apart from the toddler next door who is in full meltdown………

All is well in the world ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Have a good weekend everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Good morning everyone
    I have some time free this morning so I thought I would catch up.

My visitor from New York just stayed the one night. I found her a difficult guest as she was scared of dogs, open spaces, heights, crowds, lifts and she only eats her own food. She lives on packets of crisps, chocolate, biscuits and packet Tuna. I offered her fresh smoked salmon and salad but she said she couldn’t eat anything prepared in my kitchen because it was not Kosher. But the good news is she loved the house and the town and the weather was amazing while she was there.

The next day I left for Gloucester( a journey fraught with delays, I could have got to Greece in a shorter time). You will be thrilled to know that I am staying with Smithy. She is cooking up a storm as we speak, smells fantastic. Her dogs are enormous compared to mine, very beautiful german shepherds. I have just walked Milly for her, very well behaved. We are enjoying a catch up as we haven’t spent time together since we visited France together last May. Weather here changeable but I am glad to get away from the heatwave of the South Coast.

I spent 6 hours in Gloucester yesterday, visited the cathedral, Beatrix Potter exhibit, Quays Shopping Area( stunning) and I sat in Kings Square listening to a live Reggae/Jazz band. Interesting sound but not sure it will catch on. The female sax player was outstanding.

I confess to having Limoncello cheesecake for lunch yesterday with a bottle of sparkling water. But I only had a little cheese and bread for supper. Still keeping quantity of food under control and walking miles.

Having been to a party with the locals last night I am now an authority on the campaign to stop a local farmer opening a battery hen farm. Such a complicated issue but most residents are part of the ‘No’ campaign. I wish them luck both for their sake and for the sake of the poor Chooks. On that point Happy, sorry to hear about your Chooks encounter with a pink horse. Having seen a few ‘pink elephants’ after too much vino I know how scary the unusual can be.

Barata- well done to your other half, tell him I am looking forward to seeing his new waistline in January. NZ did indeed do well at the Olympics as my daughter kept reminding me. I support them too now if they are not competing with the UK.

HCB- my cholesterol levels went up after fasting for 6 months too. Sometimes it’s an age and genetic thing I was told. But I do love butter.
    Wee and Nama- Glad the are you are both maintaining even when your lives have been busier than usual. PVE is such a good influence on us all.

Be strong everyone – You can do it! So can I!

Hi to Smiffy, Jo….are you having their famous roast pork? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Congrats Barata to OH and the Allblacks! They’ll have to ban the haka โ˜บโ˜บ P

PVE,
    Actually beef as Smithy forgot I was a Pescatarian. No problem though, really looking forward to a change.

Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜‹

Viewing 50 posts - 15,901 through 15,950 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.