Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,551 through 15,600 (of 16,657 total)

• Purple min 5 max 11 today brace yourself it’s heading your way โ›„๏ธโ˜ƒ Barata how exotic Fiji I like your style ๐Ÿน๐Ÿน๐ŸนEnjoy the experience
    Peace RT

I believe I read somewhere that this planet can easily support four billion people but any more and we’ll run out of food, yet at the moment there are seven and a half billion people and it’s growing (World Population Clock website). Pretty soon we’ll not be having wars over oil it will be over fresh drinking water and food; we’ll all have loads of money but nothing to eat. The end may be coming sooner than we think, at least you and I all be used to not having much food with all this fasting we do. Happy Saturday everyone (hope I’ve cheered you all up ;-)) and good luck for the future.

Hellooo, I am back ๐Ÿ˜
    Back from London last night! I only had hand luggage and took me forever to get out.
    The heat it’s just unbearable! But life goes one. My first job today was to buy food and to a thorough inspect in the fridge. My husband told me he’s sick and tired of spaghetti. He cleaned up all the veggies and salad o left. Tonight’s menu will be broiled salmon, risotto, cauliflower and salad and I bought a gigantic watermelon;)
    Save the planet – my dishes are handwashed (little soap and water), towels and bed linens changed once a week and I have a cloth line and ironing only what’s necessary. We both don’t work and we extremely casual. Recycle a lot. Nothing related with money here… People in general are not civilized.
    Food waste drives me nuts. Actually thanks for 5:2 I am saving 2 days.
    Going back on our 5:2 boat on Monday! I really don’t want to know If I gained any pounds on vacation.
    Enjoy the weekend my cyber losers ๐Ÿ’‹
    Xoxo

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Morning All Jojo happy to see your back and all went well for you. we are off to have a family day with the grand kids who are 2 and 4 visit my Dad and live life and have some fun ๐Ÿ˜‰ the pussy cats where far too strong at home for us visiting crows last night but we will take the lessons learnt from the experience had won 8 on the trot leading up to that. Plenty to cheer about and as they say in the classics you canโ€™t win em all.!!
    Happy Sunday
    Peace RT

Returned to my place today and really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. I have been rescuing over and under watered plants today. Weather fantastic. Birthday BBQ tomorrow, making salad and baking some fish for me. Weighing in tomorrow.

Gee Thanks RT. You don’t HAVE to share everything! You could have kept those icy winds brrrrr…. 27 deg the other day. 4 last night!
    Welcome back Jo. Jump on those scales…the only way to maintain that weight loss is to be vigilant โ˜บP

Morning all,
    Slept like a baby which was great. I had already forgotten what a racket the gulls here make in the morning. Being in the country for the last two weeks I had enjoyed the sound of nature, and less harsh bird calls. The Green woodpecker and pheasant being the loudest not competition for gulls that is for sure.
    I weighed in 4 lbs heavier today, for me that is not a bad result after two weeks holiday and no fasting. Hopefully it will disappear in a week as I return to my usual routine of 19/5 and three fasts. More importantly I want to get back to 10,000 steps and playing bowls.
    Have a great Sunday or Monday fellow fasters.

Excellent Jo. That’s well within normal daily/weekly fluctuations.
    Funny how you start noticing the different bird sounds when travelling. They really identify a place.
    Freezing cold eating day here. Some hard gardening to warm up and food to use up before tomorrow’s fast. โ˜บ P

Isn’t it great to be back in your own bed, Jojo? You are right about those pesky 4 lbs – they will be gone in a flash. I just hope I don’t gain more than that over the next week on the sunny Coral Coast. Fasting will not be the most important feature of the week. I will raise a glass to all of you, RT. There is wifi in the resort, so I should be able to keep all you shivering Southern Hemispherers green ๐Ÿ™‚

I have just looked at the Fiji forecast – maybe a little shower or two, but no rain while we’re there. Perhaps I will cross the umbrella off the list. Nothing like a list to make sure you don’t forget anything.

Morning/Evening Barata,
    Have a great trip! How exciting Fiji!

PVE- bread and alcohol ( cider and G & T’s daily)plus less exercise were my downfall, plus the occasional Cornish (Wee what can I say!) ice cream. It was so hot, it was so available (that’s my excuse). But I have been failing my fasts for some while and am still way over my lowest so I need to get ‘on it’. I know what to do, just need to focus and get my mindset right. Evening snacking has been my downfall since I returned from New Zealand in January. I am going to concentrate on not eating after 6 pm.

Amazon- reading back I see you have been having similar problems. Thinking of you! Sending positive vibes.

Lots to do today so getting an early cool start on the dog walking. Great to have wifi again I have really missed it.

As I’ve said before Jo, and try to apply if my weight creeps up, keep it simple. This wol does not need to be complicated. It is all about mindgames and resolve.
    Two 1/4 TDEE fasts a week and 5 days of genuine low carb, full fat, healthy eating with no snacking outside mealtimes. You need to curb the snacking habit. 2 good fasts a week should do that. The other 5 days train you to eat properly and maintain your active metabolism.
    Plan your food ahead of time and don’t have anything tempting within sight. Work out when your weak times are and change your routine. 1kg a week is doable if you honestly follow 5:2.
    Never look back, only forwards to your new healthy self โ˜บโ˜บ P

Good Morning/Evening Fellow Fasters,
    As Dr. Mosley mentioned on his book don’t drift away to long from your Fast. Today, Sunday I went on my scale and I only gained 2 pounds. While on vacation I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted however I tried to be aware of my action. I carried always plenty water with me and upon wake up lots of it.
    It’s so hot here ;/
    Welcome back the ones away and safe travels to the next ones ๐Ÿ’‹
    Xoxo

Afternoon/early morning all ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’ve been home for an hour unpacking, opening windows and importantly, breaking my fast as I was very hungry!
    I’ve had a fabulous few days in Herefordshire. The weather was glorious with temps ranging from 25-32C and lots of sunshine. We went out every day and visited some beautiful, original and even quirky gardens. My friends children are both home from university and I’ve not seen her son for two years so it was great to catch up with him and his sweetie of a girlfriend who has just graduated. It was especially nice to see my lovely goddaughter and hear that she has thoroughly enjoyed her first year at university and loves living in Cardiff ๐Ÿ™‚
    I didn’t eat before lunchtime while I was away but there were some rather delicious cakes and scones that just had to be sampled and of course a cold beer on a hot afternoon and fermented grape juice with dinner were compulsory ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Having said that, we only had dessert once and it was fruit salad and dinners were very healthy affairs all accompanied by large amounts of vegetables and salad from the garden.
    We had a delicious vegetarian dinner one evening which included a pureed beetroot dish and fried cauliflower in a tahini sauce both from “JERUSALEM” by Ottolenghi and his pal whose name escpes me and I can’t be bothered to walk into the kitchen to look at the book ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’ve not weighed yet but I expect I’ve gained a couple of pounds. I intend to spend this evening working out a menu plan for the next week plus and exercise and stretching routine to continue improving the strength and flexibility of my back and hip.

It’s great to be home and like Jo, I’m looking forward to my own bed.

Jo, glad you had a fab time in Cornwall and that the weather was good for you too.

HCB, I hope you enjoyed London ๐Ÿ™‚

I stopped off at a farm shop on the way home near to my friends house and bought local milk, yoghurt, cheese,meat, vegetables and berries so I don’t need to shop for a while apart from some salad as I manged to forget to buy it ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Hi y’all

In the car again on the way to my husband’s home town.

HCB, Amazon, Jojo, Barata, Lovely hearing about trips to London, Herefordshire, and Cornwall, Fiji.

Happy n SlimJim, signs of our changing planet were apparent at the lake this year…Zebra Muscles on the lake bottom n side of docks…invasive species. ๐Ÿ˜”

And who’s up for giving me a pep talk or swift kick, whichever your style. Im only 5’2″! 4 pounds on me isca whole dress size. My last few days were a food fest and i gotta get it under control! So hard with family events and visits non stop!

Slim, You are taller than I am (not by much!), so I know full well about how easy it is to change sizes. The good news is that it works the same way going down.

About that pep talk….Do you want encouragement or Marine drill sergeant?

Another 2lbs down this week, though it might have been more if I hadn’t had all those beers on Tuesday, the hottest day of the year so far. My neighbour had been working on someone else’s garden and he called in on his way home and asked for one, so it would have been impolite not to join him. He was very thirsty, so I offered him a couple more and also joined him with a few extra myself. Back on the wagon now, fast day tomorrow.

Good Moaning and welcome to Monday Fast Day.I agree and concur a great factual strategy Purple and a timely reminder for all who sail on the global fast band wagon start at the start which is as P stated eat to TDEE 5 days and 25% of TDEE 2 days a week with mindful eating and LCHF as a suggestion.
    Dad was in good spirits and a playful mood yesterday he assures me he feels fantastic and his health is tip top however his โ€˜memory is bloody up to poopโ€™ I said well you will be 81 in September dad he goes really am I gee thatโ€™s old ๐Ÿ˜† he told me the story how he drove down to the shop to get some things but forgot what it was he was getting so went home regrouped found his list so off to town again bugger left wallet at home no worries I left the grocery bag there drove back home for wallet then back to shop all sorted then drove home again to a happy wife a good story when you consider he hasnโ€™t had his licence since he was 75 ๐Ÿ˜‰ A great day and the grand kids love him to bits. Good to see you home Amazon with a bag load of memories and stories to share and of course to the memory mattress.!!

โ€œItโ€™s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once startedโ€
    Peace RT

K-lo,
    yes, im pretty siked to have a fellow shorty..esp shorter than me. ๐Ÿ˜Š And only a fellow “petit” understands how we have a much tighter range before obesity begins. And yet…somehow, we’ve been given the same appetites as our 5’8″ friends!!!!! How??

As for pep talk, ill let people do what they do, but i do respond better to positive inspiring words.

RT, sounds like a great day with Dad. ๐Ÿ‘

SlimJ, bravo on 2 pounds.

Great story, RT. Which town is dad in? I’ll have to avoid it ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค”
    Great work Slim Jim. You must be pleased with yourself.
    Sun’s out now. We’ve been for a good bush walk and Monday fast day is slipping by easily. P

Morning/evening all,

This sunshine and blue sky is getting to be a habit……. ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

Back to earth, FD today and gym this morning.

Good Morning Fasters,
    BBQ a triumph yesterday, stuck to plan of salad and salmon with a few prawns. Birthday cake was sickly sweet but last one this year, as were three G&T’s.
    But I am one pound down today, a good start – yippee! Aiming to lose 1/2 pound per day on average until back to lowest.
    Lots of walking planned plus using my cross trainer.

Thanks for the pep talk PVE but we must all follow our own paths. I know my plan has failed in the past but it’s the ‘person’ not the plan that was not working well. I am used to 19/5 and three fasts now and usually better when I have a small eating window. I have made a plan for each evening this week that avoids telly munching. Tonight it is ‘The Sound of Music’ at the Theatre.
    I will be recording all food consumed on fitness pal ( it’s a chore but it works to keep me on track) and drinking loads of water, no more excuses this week, month, year – I am getting to goal by Christmas before I come back to NZ to visit. ITS A PROMISE.

This time I am actively searching for a ‘diet buddy’ to help keep me on track. I know I have my cyber pals but I want someone to share the daily experience, e.g. walk with, talk with, drink water with, share fast meals with! I really believe this is the way forward for me.

It’s very hot here again today and lots to do. My dogs are not enjoying the heat much so walk postponed to late afternoon and beach only. Off to ‘indoor’ bowls today but my back a little sore from yesterday’s game. Must get back to yoga.

Good Luck Amazon. Herefordshire is a beautiful county, I used to visit it a lot as my husbands parents lived there for 15 years.
    RT -your story is so funny but it might be an idea to hide the car keys in case he forgets to brake. My FIL had several accidents before he gave up his ‘keys’.

That’s it Jo. Make a plan. Stick to it.
    You can do it!!! P ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Half a pound per day, average. Really Jo?! I take it you’re just giving up food completely until Christmas….?!

Good Mornibg,
    Thumbs up for those of you done with Fast. Well tomorrow will be yesterday for me.
    One liter of water was down and my favorite starter it’s a big cup of coffee w/ whole milk and Splenda but today it’s totally black. Not bad really! I grew up drinking “cafezinho” in Brazil which it’s a short strong coffe with sugar. Not quite an espresso. It’s DELICIOUS โ˜•๏ธ
    Jo good idea if you could find a accountability partner besides cyber world. I’ve used fitness pal and that drove me nuts! For me works best if a plan meals and check them off the list at the end of the day as a daily report combined with water, activities, mood … Little diary.
    You can do it! Do you remember where were you in the beginning!
    Hang in there Fasters! ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

Afternoon all,

Back from the gym after a really good workout. I enjoy going back after a break as I’m always filled with enthusiasm and energy ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m hoping you mean 1/2lb per FD Jo as 1/2lb per day is impossible.

I took a look at my old journal from when I first did 5:2 and lost 3 stones in 6 months to discover that I only recorded what I ate on FDs and not on any other day. I was eating more protein based meals than I do now so once I’ve finished the current batch of diet mels I’m going back to the type of foods I was eating then.

HCB, I always have milk in my tea and coffee. I don’t have much, just a splash in tea and about 15ml in my coffee. Giving up sugar in coffee was really hard and I do occasionally have an espresso with sugar which is similar to what you had in Brazil and what I drank when in Venezuela.

Time to get out into the sunshine ๐ŸŒž

How’s this for an ideal scenario for a successful FD!!
    All countertop kitchenware filling up living room/dining room and cooker top covered with storage jars while joiner works on shelving etc

PLUS 6 week old fridge waiting to be repaired under warranty so frozen meals and cool box only storage places for food

PLUS mounds of curtains waiting to be altered (having lots to do is a powerful antidote to a rumbling stomach!!) PLUS visitor coming to stay in ten days from now!!

I can get to the kettle so black coffee and herbal tea keeping me going till teatime when I’ve got access to the cooker plus a frozen meal and fresh veg to cook
    I’ve got one empty armchair to relax in so I’m piled up with curtain material, pins and tacking thread
    Sewing machine at the ready on the dining table too

Hi All,
    Ooppps- Yes Amazon, I/2 lb per fast day, which is my average on 1/4 TDEE! if only it was 1/2 lb per day life it would be a lot quicker. Impatient as ever.

Looking back to our most sucessful periods is very helpful. I was working full time when I lost most of my excess pounds, same as you 3 stone in six months but very little difference in food still fish and veg.

Good fast day today, hungry but stalled by having lots of green tea.

Had a great game of bowls today and it has been less hot this afternoon so I pushed the dog walk to 90 minutes. 12,700 steps done today, that’s more like it! Feeling good!

Off to Theatre, no ice cream tonight, taking water.

1/2lb per day would be fab. I’d have reached goal in six months ๐Ÿ˜‰

My FD has been difficult but that is no surprise as I was struggling badly before I went away and had more carbs than usual what with those cold beers and potatoes freshly dug from the veg patch. Not to mention the cake…

No cake, no spuds, no bread and no beer this week ๐Ÿ˜–

Well! Sometimes when I feel week I ask myself why am I doing this? Right now I am at that point Only way 5 lbs to lose, back from vacation and right here it’s when I start getting funny and forget all about it. As if last year I gained 15 pounds. I really don’t want that… Not worth! I will keep going IT’S VERY CLOSE ๐Ÿ™Œ
    To all of you! Together we stand.
    Amazon I had a great time in your City and I was a regular drinks delicious beer at the Pubs. Not cask LOL to warm and flat ๐Ÿค”
    See you later ๐Ÿ’–

I need to tidy up some miss communication or lost in translation about Dadโ€™s story this is actually not factually correct he is a passenger these days the way he re told the story would suggest it happened yesterday ๐Ÿ˜† truth is either a) it never happened at all or b) it was back when he was driving albeit poorly ๐Ÿ˜ฏ but he is a story teller and as I constantly remind the boys donโ€™t let the truth get in the way of a good story ๐Ÿ˜†
    Have a Happy Tuesday
    Peace RT

Imaginary road trips create less carbon pollution, too, RT. Good on you, dad!!! P ๐Ÿ˜Š

Morning/evening all,

Apparently it is going to โ˜”โ˜”โ˜” today but at the moment it is blue sky and ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž and although we could do with some rain maybe it could wait until tonight….

I spent some time in the garden yesterday. I always come home from Herefordshire with plants. My friend has a huge garden and there is always a large nursery of cuttings and seedlings growing on benches by the greenhouse. This year I have three flowering plants, a sweet pepper and four chillies, plus a shrub I bought on the way home ๐Ÿ˜†
    The flowers have been found places in the garden and the pepper and chillies are in a tub on the front windowsill where they’ll get a lot of sunshine (fingers crossed) and as they are in sight I won’t forget to water them ๐Ÿ™‚
    Everything was very dry so I watered everything and it all looks perkier this morning.

I went to bed late last night as I was watching tennis from Toronto. I had to give up at 11.30 as my stomach was rumbling so much! I slept really well and it never ceases to amaze me that I’m not hungry the morning after a fast day.

RT, I thought your Dad was telling you an old story.

Time to get moving. I think a walk is in order as it is such a beautiful day.

Well that’s a relief RT. Keep him safe so he can go in telling lots of tall stories.

I was hearing a story yesterday from a guy at bowls who had a big row with his 90 year old mother over a pizza. She brought up the subject midway through a conversation and he said he didn’t understand what she was talking about and could she explain. She was not making sense so he asked her to clarify. She got very cross with him accusing g him of never listening to her. He tried to remain calm but she became very angry. Then a light bulb moment happened and she said I meant cheesecake not pizza. He said Ah now I understand! She replied ‘you should have known what I was talking about, your sister would have, ‘you are just being difficult! He decided to make a cuppa, he was not going to deal with her irrationability. It’s not always easy to find a peaceful path I found caring for my mother a trial at times, but I am glad I did what I could.

Sound of Music Show last night was really good. Blast from the past. Excellent singers, gave me goosebumps. It was a birthday treat for my BIL, he sang all the way home, all out of tune of course. He has Downs Syndrome and not blessed with a good voice but his memory is excellent, he knew every word.
    Sun shining here today. Gardening on the agenda for this afternoon. In two weeks the weeds have turned into triffids.
    Half a pound off today so rewarded for yesterday effort and refusal of ice cream at the theatre.

Hi all,

Took someone’s advice (PVE?) and got on the scales yesterday. Yes, good motivation. I had a perfect fast yesterday after finding myself 3 pounds above where I was when I left Texas 11 days ago.

And 3 pounds on me shows!

Today I will eat veggies from my sister’s garden and I will get in another fast tomorrow or Thursday. I will be back in Texas the same weight I left, come hell or high water!

Anyone see Michelle Obama’s speech last night or Cory Booker? Very inspiring!

Slim, I tuned in just as FLOTUS came out. She knocked it out of the park. I will miss her. Cory is my senator. I heard he was terrific. I loved Kennedy’s intro of Elizabeth Warren.

You will knock off that three pounds pretty quickly.

Can any of the USA fasters explain how a man who isn’t a politician or a senator can stand for president of one of the most powerful countries in the world because it is beyond me……..

I made a broad bean and pea puree and had some on a slice of griddled bread to break my fast today and the remainder will accompany the herb and lemon stuffed pork loin that is slow roasting in the oven. I bought the meat in a farm shop and it was half the price of London butchers. I know it’ll be good as I’ve bought meat there several times before and it has never disappointed.

I shall allow myself a small piece of crackling today before binning the rest which will leave some deliciously flavoured lean meat to go with salad for FD dinners tomorrow and Thursday. There should also be enough left for a Friday stir fry ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon,
    Sounds good. I have just indulged in a prawn salad.
    I agree that it is dumbfounding that a business man can become president. But I suppose if a film star can make it anyone can. It is after all the Land of opportunity. Can’t say I am a big fan of Trump.

I am sure many people have concerns about our own politicians at the moment.

With the misery going on in France at the moment politicians are using people’s fears to gain votes.

Amazon, do you mean as a legal matter or just how can anyone vote for him? Legally, no issue, and of course, Jojo, the film star was first the governor of California. How anyone can vote for this con man is another matter entirely. He terrifies me.

K-Lo,

I meant that I cannot understand how someone with no experience in government at any level is able to stand for such an important, difficult and powerful role.
    I guess the dollar is more important than anything else……

After some of the things he has said it beggars belief that any right minded citizen especially women would vote for him, but before our recent referendum I would have said that there is no way the UK would vote to leave the EU.

Fingers crossed that the first woman president of the USA will be inaugurated later this year.

Hello,
    Terrible hot and humid still! We had rain at least for our plants.
    Slim I fasted yesterday and today nothing happened to the scale. I guess was food on its way out or liquid retention. There will be better days.
    I am not affiliated to any political party! I normally prefer to watch the candidate’s behavior first.
    The Democratcs did a great job regrouping themselves after the emails scandals. The speeches were amazing and I felt there’s hope.
    Trump it’s a bully and that’s how he became what he is today. Our lawyer had the misfortune to sit with him and others once on business matter and told us horrors things about the person and he instructed his kids to be just like him.
    I can’t see that man as the leader of this country.
    Anyway lol back to my floor mopping and ice tea.
    See you later

Evening all,

I decided to fast today, after too many corn cakes and ahem…coconut cookies…yesterday afternoon ๐Ÿ˜Š It was a non-fast day, but still…
    It’s been really easy not to eat today, finally breaking fast at 9pm. A bit late, but I won’t be going to bed hungry ๐Ÿ˜€

Why is it easier to fast than not to fast?!

Amazon,

Like you I didn’t believe, by a slim and probably not statistically significant majority, that we (?! Them!) would vote out. So I’m not betting against Trump! What a scary vision of the future….

Well done on the good fast Slimn!
    Btw, did you see the Australian team beat the USA in the final and are now the World Quiddich champions? Muggle Quiddich, apparently. No flying involvedโ˜บโ˜บ P

Coconut cookies ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I’m hoping it’ll be easy not to eat tomorrow……..

Herb and lemon stuffed slow roast pork loin ๐Ÿ˜‹

You two are incorrigible! I’m glad I’m not fasting today. โ˜บP

It was delicious but alas no crackling ๐Ÿ˜‰

Following a low carb/ full fat diet should include crackling, Amazon. I’ve made some beautiful crackling, several times this winter. ..ah, that delicious crunch, followed by fat running down the chin โ˜บ ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท

Ireland day 26 nfd

going good…visiting sons not impressed that there are no treats in the house for movie nights but they’ll just have to get used to it…if they want them they can bring them and take them away when they leave my homemade frozen yogurt bars are keeping me happy …. night all

What! Corn, coconut, roasted pork, cookies, crackers. Going to bed and dream ๐Ÿท
    Good night folks ๐Ÿ’‹

Viewing 50 posts - 15,551 through 15,600 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.