Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,451 through 14,500 (of 16,657 total)

• I’m amazed that they claim there is no research evidence for lowered starch and sugars in the diet being beneficial. The research programnes some of us have linked to here are in many cases large scale and at least as decisive, if not more so, than the original research programmes on low fat high carb. These are people who appear not to be keeping up with the science, surprisingly. Michael Eades and others have a lot to say abou “Confirmation Bias”, ie that you pick up only the information you want to hear.

I wonder what Professor Roy Taylor would have to say to these colleagues comments about lack of evidence? He has done well-regarded studies, Diabetes UK are considering changing their advice after his research for them and The Blood Sugar Diet is based on his work, which did not spring from nowhere either. His papers are peer reviewed and reference the research of others too. Wise man, he’s not entering the arena.
    http://www.ncl.ac.uk/medicalsciences/research/groups/profile/roy.taylor#tab_publications

You’ve got it down pay now Nicky.Well done. P

So sorry I am not writing as much .

Just home . The vascular surgeon was lovely . He said Jim was fit enough for the op . He said that he would concentrate on the AAA Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm first then he might be able to do the one in the groin too . He obviously won’t know until he starts the op . He said it could possibly be done in 2 or 3 weeks . Just have to wait and see . xxxxx

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi France Barata in NZ and Jojo HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Weemam Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    I did watch 4 weddings and a funeral last night what a quality classic film with a great sound track that never disappoints.
    I am following up on Dr Eric Westman of Dukes University tutorial on LCHF and Steve Phinney talk on β€œThe Art and Science of Low Carb Living and Performance” I now have this week 2 stock cubes 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon in a cup of hot water I feel good better best 😯 but a small change nevertheless to my schedule ok 10440 steps in the bank this morning and now off to work in bitterly cold wet windy wintery weather min 8 high 13 brrrrr wow I do hope Bay and Nama you find a nice funky fire warmed cafΓ© with a great coffee bar today πŸ˜‰ and enjoy the best day ever.
    Thursday fast day for me keep on keeping on fast trackers.
    β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Good news Wee x
    Keep warm RT. Winter is finally here!
    Happy fasting fellow Thursday fasters. P 😊

Excellent news Wee, what a relief it will be to get it over!
    Thanks RT, I hope Bay realises I don’t get up this early for just anyone! Melb traffic to blame!! We had planned a walk, but it might have to be a warm cafe in this weather, it will be lovely to see her again and catch up in person.
    Back to Fridays low after two strict water/coffee only fasts this week. Plus I heard Wiwi in my head and had a couple of Brazils with my kefir for ‘dinner’ – probably only 100 cals for the day including milk in coffees.

Have fun in wintery Melbourne girls. Sorry I can’t join you. 😊

Hi Fasters 😍
    I think you guys are to fast for me 😱.
    Wee I am glad ypu are satisfied with the surgeon for Mr. Wee. We’ll be ready cheering for you both there.
    Tuesday I fasted but on a picking here and there mood lately. Tomorrow is another FD and looking to get myself on track with more responsible choices. Yesterday I baked a delicious banana bread and the Brazilian cheese rolls. Eat them both good and today came back to senses and but them in the freezer on vacation.
    Don’t make fun of me LOL! My scale it’s weird and it’s good so I will another new one next month. This is a new one but I lost the receipt.
    It’s all of a sudden to hot here and the morning was gorgeous walking in the forest.
    Tomorrow will be my 4th visit to the Chiropractor and I am not that good yet! I will give a month then.
    Stay warm if you are at the Southern Hemisphere and happy fasting to us.
    xoxo
    B

Health coach I like the idea of the banana bread etc getting a vacation in the freezer!
    How lovely it was to catch up with Bay this morning – our conversation left off from last time we were able to meet up 16 months ago – barely time to draw breath! Funny how you meet people on this thread and feel you have known them all your life.

Morning/evening all,

After a cold and dull day yesterday we are back to blue skies and sunshine β˜€β˜€

I’m fasting today and off to the gym this morning. I’m hoping the pool isn’t too busy as I want to swim, something I’ve not done for a few weeks.

I freeze cakes and bread but there are none on holiday in my freezer at the moment just lots of healthy 350 calorie dinners. Prawn curry is today’s special πŸ˜‰

Have a good one everybody 😜

Amazon,

Was it something you said?!

Today’s compulsory reading. ..Jason Fung’s latest blog.
    P ☺
    http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4f49b1bc5c73173b727fe0ca2&id=8d7eb1c9da&e=19c3d1b536

Thanks Purple, I have emailed it to several ‘not quite sure about fasting’ friends plus posted on f/b! We need to support Fung’s ideas because we KNOW they are right!
    Have a great Friday all, I will be applying the above principles myself today!

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi France Barata in NZ and Jojo HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Weemam Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Mixed Bag Today
    Wife: “How would you describe me?”
    Husband: “ABCDEFGHIJK.”
    Wife: “What does that mean?”
    Husband: “Adorable, beautiful, cute, delightful, elegant, fashionable, gorgeous, and hot.”
    Wife: “Aw, thank you, but what about IJK?”
    Husband: “I’m just kidding!”
    A child asked his father, “How were people born?” So his father said, “Adam and Eve made babies, then their babies became adults and made babies, and so on.” The child then went to his mother, asked her the same question and she told him, “We were monkeys then we evolved to become like we are now.” The child ran back to his father and said, “You lied to me!” His father replied, “No, your mum was talking about her side of the family.”
    A lady comes home from her doctor’s appointment grinning from ear to ear. Her husband asks, “Why are you so happy?” The wife says, “The doctor told me that for a forty-five year old woman, I have the breasts of a eighteen year old.” “Oh yeah?” quipped her husband, “What did he say about your forty-five year old ass?” She said, “Your name never came up in the conversation.”
    For once in my life, I’d like to get up in the morning and be as excited about it as my penis.
    The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship “I apologize” and “You are right.”
    Q: Is Google male or female?
    A: Female, because it doesn’t let you finish a sentence before making a suggestion.
    My ex wrote to me: Can you delete my number? I responded: Who is this?
    A man asks his wife, “What would you do if I won the lottery?” His wife says, “Take half and leave your ass!” The man replies, “Great! I won 12 bucks, here is six, now get out!”
    Every time you talk to your wife, your mind should remember that… ‘This conversation will be recorded for Training and Quality purpose’
    Any married man should forget his mistakes, there’s no use in two people remembering the same thing.

Have a happy Weekend all you beautiful losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Evening – Morning You
    My FD went kind of okay! So long we try and support each other there is hope.
    Purple went you sent us a link before o signed for Dr. Fung’s newsletter. I really love the way he makes everything clear for us to digest. I bet Big Pharma, Doctors, Lobbyst, Governmet are closing one eye on him. Yes…too much insulin it’s the real problem.
    I loved the way I was so cotious with my meal and that drizzle of EVOO for the LCHF πŸ‘
    Loving his book as well! Reading it very slowπŸ‘
    RT – this time I understood everything LOL
    It’s terribly hot here and traffic it’s heavy because of Monday’s Memorial Day… It’s was predicted with lower gas prices this year.
    Tomorrow I will be visiting a Girlfriend one hour away from home. I hope we can go out to eat so I don’t jeopardize my progress.
    My back still not good! Chiro said it’s two steps forward and one back.
    Be good everyone 😘
    B

Excellent article thanks for sharing PVE πŸ˜€

Loved the jokes RT πŸ˜…

Wee so glad that things are looking up for your Jim πŸ˜†

I’m hanging in here had a bit too much party food left over even the kids struggled helping us. Nevermind a couple of good fasts will get me back on track 😎

Have to get back to work πŸ˜‰ chat more later.

Morning/evening all,

So after dropping 12lbs quickly and then sticking for several weeks due to overindulgence on non FDs I’m now back to my previous low of this time last year and am very pleased.
    I’m fasting again today and will continue with 3:4 the next two weeks. I seem to falter every week on one of the FDs but that’s OK as it means 3 good FDs and one reduced calorie day every week.

Thanks for the link Purple, I’ll read it later when I have more time πŸ™‚

I’m going to the supermarket in a minute in the hope of avoiding the BH weekend crush and then off to the gym.

Have a fab weekend everybody 😜

Well done, Amazon! Thanks for the laughts, RT.

P, I have a link to Jason Fung’s blog so I don’t miss an episode πŸ™‚

Have a great weekend, all. Our forecast is to batten down the hatches tonight.

Well done, Amazon.
    Have a good weekend folks. P ☺

good luck to anyone trying to lose weight here!

Thanks Purple and RT. πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Well done, Amazon πŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

I’m having an indulgent time in Melbourne. The sun came out today.

Thanks for getting on the road so early, Nama, it was very good to see your slim happy self. 😏😏

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🍁🍁🍷🍷😏😏

Thanks everyone πŸ˜—

I’m so pleased that my weight has started moving again and it’ll keep me on track today as I’ve come back from the gym feeling very hungry. Cue a hug mug of coffee and lots of water.

So nice to think of Bay and Nama meeting upon the other side of the world πŸ˜„πŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸ˜Ž

Barata enjoy your celebration dinner 🍷🍝

Time for tennis πŸ™‚

hug mug, ha ha ha!

HUGE!!!!!

Don’t let your body trick you, Amazon. You don’t need to eat πŸ˜€P

Bay you were well worth getting up early for, meeting people from this thread is always inspiring and fun. You look pretty slim and healthy yourself!! I am glad the sun came out for you today!
    Well done Amazon – the end will be in sight soon! Enjoy hugging that mug and the tennis!
    Have a lovely weekend all xx

Hug that mug, Amazon. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ

Imagine how much the clothing companies are making from all these newly slim people? 😊

Hugging a mug works in the colder weather πŸ™‚

That’s the new slogan for a successful FD

“hug a mug today” πŸ˜‰

I’ll be fine as there is tennis to watch and much to do at home. The first load of washing is blowing in the breeze, the next load is almost done and then there is some floor washing etc to be done. I am sooo lucky………

β˜•

You’re a champ, Amazon πŸ˜‰

Hi Fter
    Yes hug it tight, Amazon.

A beautiful day here- nearly 30Β°. It seems that spring is coming!

Another good fast yesterday, 5 kilos down in 8 weeks. I chewed flax seeds (thanks Amazon for the tip) and took potassium(thanks Purple) and drank my 2 litres of water, and no dizziness.

Thanks for the link, Purple,
    Hi Nama and Bay, great to hear echoes of the meet-up.
    Barata, enjoy the weather!
    Nicky, thanks for general encouragement, AO glad to see you posting. I hope the new job is settling down.
    RT, always glad of the Friday laughs, and the Saturday to Thursday contribution in e e cummingsstyle.
    HCB- good to hear you are into the fasting. Hope your back is feeling better today.
    JoJo-missing you!!
    Happy and Apricot- always enjoy your helpful comments.
    Wee, so glad you call in for a chat every now and then
    I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone.
    Penti- where are you? Do we need to come to Faro to find you? I will be in the north of Portugal soon- at Porto
    Samm- still missing you!

Now to a fast for Saturday and Sunday, followed by a few unavoidable up days. I find it is better to anticipate changes in rΓ©gime to get the fasts in before the indulgences.
    Only 5 kilos to lose until I can be on maintenance(two months I estimate to coincide with my two years on IF). Then the hard work will really begin.
    Happy weekend
    XX Wiwi

Wiwi,

5Kgs in 8 weeks is excellent, well done πŸ™‚

And only 5Kgs to goal, 2 less than me. I have a week on holiday coming up so I’m not going to hazard a guess about how long it will take, just keep on keeping on πŸ˜‰

This thread is so harmonious today 😘
    Pause here to think how far I am from my goal! I aiming to be 1 kilo bellow target just in case… In two weeks I’ll let you know.
    Wiwi I want to believe I am feeling better with my back πŸ™πŸ». I heard Portugal has the most delicious fish restaurants in Europe. Portuguese it’s my mother language I would have a ball 😱.
    Oh no! My eating brain it’s killing me. Paging RT – “it’s easier not to start eating than stop to once started”.
    πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ™

Hang in there HealthCoach, you know RT is right! Don’t start and you wont have to stop! You can do it, it will be so worth it.

Wiwi and Amazon, 5 and 7kg respectively to goal. Excellent work! Maintenance proper here you come! Obviously it won’t be much different because you’ll still be doing the same, just a bit more relaxed… But it is kind of destination, even though the journey’s not over.. like just shunting backwards and forwards at the station…. Or see sawing in the park… One step forward one step back…

I second that Happy ☺
    So pleased to see Amazon and Wi racing towards the station.
    Your image of maintaining being ‘shunting backwards and fowards at the station’ is brilliant! Very Thomas the Tank Engine πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    With 122 days in a row of temps at least 20 (ridiculous for autumn) we are suffering massive air pollution as they attempt weeks of hazard reduction burning all over the state. Great preparation for next summer, but doesn’t make for good sleeping at night. πŸ˜•
    Cheers (cough cough 😧 P

P,

How long will the burning continue? Do you see a rise in hospitalisations/ deaths from the air pollution during hazard reduction burns?

Great post wiwi and 5kg down in 8 weeks is a tribute to you and
    Your resilience such a strong mental powerful image there only 5kg to goal and maintenance you do not need any motivation it’s all there.
    I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed. Robert H. Schuller
    Healthcoach im truly chuffed that you worked your way successfully through the funnies straight up this week lets remove the doubt πŸ˜† wow the β€œeating brain” what a brilliant phrase simply without wanting to overstate the obvious it is the fasted state with the ”less you eat the more you lose” concept working the magic behind the scene. We don’t ask alcoholics to get off spirits and shift to beer and wine or have a glass of water between drinks or have their alcohol in smaller glasses we tell them to stop drinking 😯 when the eating brain is taking over remember

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. Booker T. Washington
    You will succeed β€œ
    May the force be with you”
    Peace RT

Hi H
    The burning will continue until it rains. 😯
    They warn people with ‘respiratory issues’ to stay inside, but with most Australian houses fairly unsealed, it is useless.
    If you are a sinus person, like me (dad was a smoker), it is hell. Even up at our holiday place, overlooking the ocean, it is overwhelming. Mind you, great views of smoky mountains. πŸ˜† P

Evening all,
    Roasting a leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic, the kitchen smells divine. And thinking of you Amazon as I am roasting asparagus spears on top of the spuds and pumpkin. I had never tried roasting this vegetable until you mentioned it, its totally different and so delish isn’t it?

I hope the smoke has settled Purple and your weather is warmer than ours!

Well done Wiwi and Amazon on your great losses! And such a great expression Happy, I feel like I have been shunting at a station for a while now. I still need to get to another station just down the line, I will get there! The main thing is not to reverse!

Good luck to your Crows tonight RT….

Morning/evening all,

I am on a long railway journey with many stops and every so often I lose my sense of direction and return to somewhere I’ve been before and never enjoy it second time around! I am slowly getting closer to my destination. I am attempting to increase the speed now that the train is carrying less fuel but it is noving to it’s own rhythm and I must be patient and try to enjoy the remainder of the journey.

It’s a nice day here but I’ve not been out of the door as I’m baking a fruit cake for a friend who needs cheering up and due to medication cannot partake in a glass of fermented grape juice, so I’ll take it instead of a bottle when I visit her next week. It smells divine. Fortunately I’m not fasting today so am about to break my fast with a small portion of Bircher muesli.

I’m cooking the main course for dinner tonight and my friend is taking care of everything else. I am making chicken with tarragon in a sherry and sherry vinegar sauce which is absolutely delicious and really easy. To go with it I’m doing a baked dish of sliced potatoes with tomatoes and basil and some roasted asparagus.

Nama, I love the asparagus roasted especially on FDS when I don’t have the calories for melted butter πŸ˜‰

Time to check on the cake, have a good one everybody and think of me trying to refrain from having a second helping of whatever wonderful dessert my friend is offering 😜

Cheers and thanks Nama will a big challenge tonight’s match I am feeling the pressure
    πŸ˜•
    Will be knackered by the end 😜
    Carn the crows πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ™πŸ™πŸ‘ΌπŸ‘ΌπŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Hi there I’ve just joined this site on the strength of the posts I’ve read which seem to be intelligent analysis and very upbeat in nature which I like. Well done people for no woe is me sort of stuff!
    I seem fairly similar to you guys in that I am in my 50’s and have a good 5 stone of fat to lose which just walloped itself on me as I went through the dreaded menopause about 8 years ago. Doctors were useless in simply advising me to cut calories even though I was not overeating. I believe the massive stress I was dealing with at the time resulted in massive cortisol overloading my metabolic system but anyway a really low 1000 calls a day simply resulted in total fatigue hair falling out and emotional wreck. Pretty much under active thyroid classic symptoms
    Recently I have been reading lots of scientific research on ketogenic diets and it makes sense to me so would like to couple this to the 5:2 diet and see if it is possible to wedge myself back into a bikini (I live in Spain and it’s hot)! Without scaring small children I know this will take time but it is a good goal.
    Thanks for the info and would be lovely to hear from anyone

Hello,
    Today looks like it’s going to be a nice day but humid and hot. It does matter really. There’s always something to do around the house and outside.
    Sunday we’ll be sponsoring our Church’s breakfast. It’s a church that the old members are going to heaven and no new ones coming in. Trying to keep it simple! My husband will bake two loaves of Zofp (Swiss bread), plus jam, butter, OJ, coffee and muffins. Maybe some fruit πŸ˜‰
    Thanks for the encouragement Nama! Now my brain swift from fish to roast leg of lamb, Amazon’s chicken and fruit cake with fermented grape juice lol.
    Never mind πŸ˜πŸ˜‚! Back to the train tracks now πŸ‘
    Purple what terrible news about the fires in Australia. I read about it and many people and not pleased or complaining about it. I hope they come up with something less health harmful for you guys.
    Sending xoxox to you Jojo.
    Be good everyone
    πŸ’–

Welcome to this international thread, Jelly, my Spanish is not too good, but Benvenido.
    I live in France about 120 km north of Avignon.
    Yes, it’s easier to live this WOL if you live without stress.

You should read Dr Jason Fung’s book “The Obesity Code” and there are links to his blogs on this thread (See Purple and Happy’s recent links). I guess you know Dr Michael Moseley’s books. These are essential reading.

There’s an incredible degree of common good sense on this thread, and we are happy to be part of this support group, on a day to day, and even hour to hour basis.

I have been in this Way of Living for nearly two years, and lost 27 kilos already (60lbs). I am mainly on Alternative Day Fasting or 4:3, depending on life. Recently, I have started doing these almost zero calorie fasts, like others on the thread. I couldn’t have done this at the beginning, but my head is in a good space now and I can.

Keep posting!
    xx Wiwi

Hi HCB It’s hot here too, and I am racing to finish the garden dug before the thunder storms begin.

Are you Brazilian in origin. You said you speak Portuguese, so I am guessing?

Hi Amazon, love your train trip image. I’d love to meet you at the destination.

Nama, lovely roast lamb! NZ I hope :)))!
    Purple, sorry about the fires.

Fast for me until Monday morning (400 cals today, almost zero tomorrow)

France is on strike at present and petrol is dwindling. I hope we can get to Italy next weekend. In the country where we are the strikes are only a rumour, but off to Lyon tomorrow where the reality will hit.

Happy weekend.
    XX Wiwi

Hi there and thanks for your reply. Jason fung name has come up on the diet doctor website so I will be checking out your book recommendation. I am new to posting and a bit confused about how it all works so hope I don’t lose you if I jump to other threads. Is really nice to know so many people in the same boat weight wise. Obviously there are wall to wall gorgeous specimens every time I leave the house which can be a bit of a confidence cruncher but excited to read about people having such success at this way of eating
    I hope to be posting some losses soon!

Hi JB, welcome to this wonderful thread,

Here begins the first lesson,

do not compare your body to anyone else as none of them have lived your life.

second lesson

come here as often as you want and if you are struggling you will receive support and if you are winning you’ll receive well deserved praise from people who understand your efforts. We also have a laugh or three along the way πŸ™‚

third lesson

It works. I’ve been following 5:2 on and off (bad mistake as I regained 18lbs) for three years and am 68 lbs lighter than when I started with another 16 to goal.

fourth lesson

what to eat

No food is forbidden although some are best avoided eg sugar, no special equipment, supplements or meal replacements, just good wholesome healthy meals.

FDs (fast days)

Drink lots of water. If you get a headache try a pinch of salt or a mug of beef extract or miso soup.
    If you are feeling hungry and thinking about a slice of bread/cake/chocolate bar tell yourself you can have it tomorrow and have a glass of water and a hot drink. Keeping busy also helps, ask Bay, she has the cleanest floors in the Southern Hemisphere πŸ˜‰

fifth lesson

If you’ve not read the FD book you should do so as it is very helpful.

sixth lesson

Last but not least, this is a way of life and not a diet and it takes a while to get used to fasting both mentally and physically so don’t beat yourself up if you struggle to get used to it or have a bad day. If you decide that you just can’t fast on a particular day, give in gracefully, eat mindfully and start again tomorrow. Weight comes off slowly but it comes off and the thing that puts it above any other method of weight loss is that fasting has health benefits.

Hi all. Amazon I’d love to know how to do sherry sauce like that for chicken. Can you post it? Prudent use of sherry and its vinegar can be great, I think. Used to do a lovely recipe for scallops in a sherry sauce from Elizabeth David, but haven’t for years.

Thanks for that great summary, too. I’d endorse everything you say there, Amazon. I’m only three months in, have lost 18 lbs with plenty more to go. It’s not a doddle but it is a diet to settle into and mixes with other diets well, ketogenic or Mediterranean, vegetarian or whatever. Most diets seem to get harder as you go, this one generally gets easier, though sometimes we have bouts of losing focus etc, like any diet.

I was alarmed to read of the Australian controlled burning as at first glance I though it was a standard bush fire, but no. I remember the fire break burning when I was living in Zimbabwe, very worrying time as you hope the rain arrives at the right moment. Horrid wet burnt smell after. We don’t get fires like that much in the UK, though in the 70s/80s there were some nasty peat heathland fires, where the fire descended into the peat and started to smoulder there. They had to bulldoze the peat, destroying tracts of precious ecology, to stop it. I think in a few places it took nearly two years to eradicate.

Distracting myself from food a bit longer with a glass of lemon, cider vinegar and fizzy water garnished with cucumber and a chopped strawberry before doing some weeding. Happy day to you all! And goodnight those just going to bed!

Nice, Amazon πŸ˜†

Healthcoach, the fires are not bushfires (or wild fires), they are controlled burns being done now (winter next week) so that the load is reduced before summer. They are doing a lot more this year as we have had a very unusual warm, dry spell (thanks climate change!) and it can only be done when it is dry and not too hot to burn out of control.

Cheers all you happy fast and feasters
    P

Viewing 50 posts - 14,451 through 14,500 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.