Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,001 through 14,050 (of 16,657 total)

• RT, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 😳😳😳

Purple, in the study of one, we are all so different. I sleep like a log after a fast day, except for the trips to the loo in the night. If I eat sweet things, I stay awake at night. Do you think the metabolism between those who like sweet things and those who don’t is at play here? I lost 1.5 kg yesterday eating a few almonds and a couple of broccoli pieces and lots of water. Just need to repeat twice next week, and I will be at my desired weight again. 6:1 only works for me for a while. Then I need to reinstate a very serious 5:2 for a few weeks, with lots of water, and eating no carbs (except steamed and raw vegetables) πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰.

I’m always an advocate of full fat foods. A bit of protein and lots of steamed and raw vegetables.

Cheers, Bay β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ

RT,
    Thanks for the laughs.
    I have just returned from a charity fashion show. I bought a dress and two tops, simply could not resist them. The clothes are excess stock from M & S, Debenhams, Warehouse, Oasis, Per Una and Top Shop( labels removed) all less than half price.
    There was some very unusual homemade jewellery too. Profits to Mutiple Sclerosis Society.
    Weirdly I feel very euphoric this evening, almost light headed but not dizzy, difficult to explain, such an odd sensation but not unwell. Weigh in on Sat but I do feel it has been sucessful especially around the tummy. Stupidly I forgot to measure before I started. I have to carry toothpaste to freshen my breath every couple of hours. The green tea does not do the job and I can’t have mints. Not a fan of gum chewing.

Amazon- I do miss the gym but I would not have time to go these days. Your workout sounds like it is helping maintain your weight though. Well done. Enjoy your Rome trip! Do you speak Italiano? I love the language but gave it up in favour of Spanish, more useful to me.
    Happy- Sorry to hear you are having back trouble, I hope it improves soon.
    The dreams are not about food as I would have expected but dark, dangerous accidents and murders, quite disturbing, I am a real wimp but I am reading Sophie Hannah at the moment so it is probably infiltrating my dreams. I will be glad to get a good nights sleep tomorrow night after a good meal.

Well done, Jo.

I’ve just seen that you’ve been doing 5 days fasting on water and not much else. 😳😳 Wow! I wouldn’t be able to do it. Also I wouldn’t be able to go without weighing myself each morning, as part of the experiment. I would be curious to know how bumpy the weight loss was during those days. Myself as science experiment fasting 101. πŸ™„πŸ™„

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Morning Bay,
    I know it sounds ridiculous but as RT is always telling us ‘it is easier to control if you don’t start eating’ you are not thinking about what you will have later. It’s no worse than a normal fast day, same rule, keep drinking gallons of water and tea. Remember that none of us would have considered skipping a meal back in the day. Desperation with weight control led me to fasting, only method that works.

Sleeping was my only issue but last night I finally had a good night because I didn’t drink as much because I was out. Still had to get up for loo but got back to sleep immediately. I also tried wearing PJ’s last night instead of a nighty so I was warmer. Any trick that works I say!

I am bowling and have a long walk planned this afternoon, feel amazing, clear headed and light of body, literally leapt out of bed this morning raring to go. No burn out that I was expecting, no tiredness. Hopefully my body has been able to fully concentrate on chucking out dud white blood cells and made some lovely new ones.
    The ‘No weighing’ has been hard but I really feel I need the big surprize at the end. I am guessing 7 pounds by the way I feel now. I also feel a great sense of achievement, not long to go I will do it.
    I would not recommend this to ‘new’ Fasters because it is really hard to get the right mindset. You need to constantly convince yourself that you are not depriving yourself but healing your body. I definitely couldn’t do it on just water, hot green tea essential to kill hunger pangs. Report in tomorrow morning after a nice lay in. Joining friends for a charity quiz tonight, not a big fan of quizes because I don’t watch much sport or TV soaps which seems to feature a great deal. I do watch TV quizes though, that might help. Tomorrow night I am seeing a tribute band, Fleetwood Bac, really looking forward to that, I am thinking that my hot pink jeans will fit perfectly by then. Leather fringe waistcoat and I am back in the 70’s. Ha ha!
    Have a great Friday Fasters.

Morning/evening all,

I rarely get up more than once during the night for a loo trip regardless of whether it is a FD or not. Maybe some of you are overdoing the water?

When I posted last night the last post visible was Happy’s but when I looked this morning, two others had appeared. It seems they take quite a few minutes to show up.

Very funny RT πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Thanks for the weekly giggle πŸ™‚

I have managed one food free FD but I can’t say I enjoyed it and although the health and weight loss benefits are attractive, I’m not sure I want to attempt it.
    I really admire those of you that are able to do several days food free. I know I could do it but it would make me truely miserable so I would need to get myself into the right frame of mind.

I looked at the weather forecast for Rome and it is 10Β°C warmer than London, something I’m really looking forward to.
    I went a few years ago and loved it. The only place I wasn’t impressed with was the Vatican City. Had we not been squashed in like sardines amongst hundreds of very noisy and mostly selfish tourists it might have been more enjoyable. At the time I just wanted to get out of the crush and into the fresh air. There are a couple of museums I didn’t have time for so they are top of my list, but we only have a couple of days for sightseeing so need to be very organised in order to see what we want and not be rushing around. Having said that we are staying near the Spanish Steps so will be able to see many sights on our evening stroll the day we arrive. We can walk our legs off for two days and then spend the next two sitting in the sun watching tennis. It is the first time I’ve been to a clay court tournament and also the first overseas tournament so it is very exciting for this tennis fan.

And I’ll still have my trip to Cornwall in June and a day at Wimbledon to look forward to when I get home πŸ‘

I’m not going to the gym this morning but am hoping to get a walk to Kew into my schedule.

Have a great weekend everybody 😜

Amazon,
    Rome sights and tennis! Sounds great! I enjoy watching tennis especially Wimbledon.

Yes posts do get delayed sometimes hours, mysteries of Cyber Space. Saying that looks like I posted after you as did Bay, timewize.

I am off to Cornwall in July, we will have to compare notes.

I am just off to upset the bathroom installer by changing his plans, reworked the layout to a much more efficient use of space last night. Thinking outside the box really helps sometimes.

Amazon- I usually get up once per night only and yes I am drinking hourly at present, stopping about 8 pm. I am totally convinced that fasting is more about mind control than food control. I am consciously working on brainwashing myself everytime I think about eating. I tell myself that I am comitted to waiting until ##### nothing can change that, my health is more important than short term gratification. Well that’s the theory!
    Plus I have put a note on the fridge and cupboard door saying ‘NO’ just in case.

Hi Amazon,

Last Summer we stayed a week in Rome. It was fabulous. We got up each day at 6 am and one day we walked along the river and into St Peters at 7.30 am. There were only 3 other people there. Have fun. We had breakfast around 9.30 each day. After seeing the Spanish steps and other places relatively free of tourists.

Cheers, Bay 😳😳

I’ve now turned my attention to what I’ll be taking to Rome with me and shall spend some time this weekend trying on clothes and making decisions. It will be so nice not to need a coat and scarf. It is also great to have a choice of clothes rather than packing the three items that I can do up…….

Thanks RT for the laughs.

Well done, Jo. Good psychology!

Enjoy Rome, Amazon. We are in France for the next month, the next trip there being in 5 weeks.

We have been in Provence with NZ friends- not as warm as I would have liked, and it was snowing where we live in the mountains, last Monday. We visited all the aqueducts, Roman theatres, “les plus beaux villages de France” in a 50km radius of Avignon. Very nice. We were staying just across the river opposite le Pont d’Avignon on the biggest fluvial island in Europe. Lovely places to walk beside the river with the lights of Avignon. And yes, we drank wine! RosΓ© in fact!!

I haven’t been shirking really, but it’s good to be home again to really get back to the BSD. However to rekickstart, I am on a 24 hour fast with miso soup tonight. I am doing a course on composing music in the style of Mozart, which is so fascinating that eating would be an unwanted interruption. So I won’t notice the lack of food.
    I won’t sleep tonight so I will write my magnum opus entitled ‘Reflections on An Empty Stomach” in 4 parts for mixed Choir. Haha- gurgle, gurgle in D minor!

Husband needs food but not much, so off to make Champignons Γ  la grecque which is mushrooms in tomato and white wine with lots of garlic and fresh coriander. It’s one of my favourite French dishes, so I hope he doesn’t eat it all. It’s even better the next day. He’s working so will do this relunctantly.

happy fasting
    xx Wiwi

Ooo Wi, I’m glad I bought mushrooms today. I know what I’ll be having tomorrow πŸ˜†
    I look forward to your recital when you are next in Sydney! Perhaps book the Opera House? P

Actually when I read about the problems of drinking water at nights, my piece of music should be in P major!

Very droll, Wi πŸ˜‰

Like the gurgle oratorio, Tangatawiwi! Perhaps B Flat is a better key? At least for the tummy zone!

I guess the time signature will be 5 2?

Ooooweeee! Haha! What a witty lot. 😜😜

Just back from nailing 10000 steps in Kew Gardens. A lovely sunny day with a cold wind and lots of big clouds that intermittently dropped hail and rain, never for longer than two minutes, before the warm sun appeared again. I managed to dodge the hail as I was near the Minka house and the rain wasn’t worth worrying about.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago I was confronted by a very fierce Canada goose and when I looked it was because his mate had deposited an egg on the path! I walked along the same path today to see two geese shepherding their four tiny goslings into the lake ☺

The gardens are beautiful at the moment, so many trees in full blossom, thousands (and I’m not exaggerating) of blubells in bloom along with snakes head frittillaries, tulips, primroses, wild garlic and various other spring bulbs all planted in grass under the trees along with formal beds full of tulips, primulas, dianthus and wallflowers. The rhodedendrons are looking magnificent too. There is also a huge bamboo garden which was amazing to walk in as the wind whistled through them.

I bought some plants in their shop as they had some on special offer and I’ve a few spaces to fill in my garden. The smells coming from the cafΓ© were divne so I left quickly before my resolve crumbled and am now enjoying a huge mug of coffee and feeling very pleased with myself particularly my timing as the rain is lashing down!

I’m having broad beans, asparagus and poached eggs with a green salad for my FD dinner today and am really looking forward to it.

Hi All,
    Just back home after a very dull evening at a quiz but the food was good and a small portion size. I had two gin and slimline tonics to celebrate the end of my fast and won a box of chocolate biscuits in the raffle( won’t be eating them) the picture quiz was chocolate bars which made life difficult as none of my table eats them.
    Glad to be home watching Graham Norton before an early night.
    Tanga- very funny – musical director now? My contribution- how about calling it ‘Waterloo’ or ‘The Short Sleep’
    Chat tomorrow!

Jo,

Well done on the five day fast. I hope you get the results on the scales today.

I must admit I do love a gin and tonic, but rarely drink them these days. I was thinking of treating myself this wwekend but the tonic water has put me off! It seems to me it’s basically the coke/ diet coke dilemma, and I don’t want high levels of sugar or artificial sweetener. Oh it was all so much simpler in the days when I was chubby, ignorant and ill informed πŸ™‚

Hi Happy,
    Feeling great having slept like a baby with no waking for the loo last night. Before going to the quiz last night I did a three hour walk with two friends and my dogs, we stopped for a coffee but it was very tiring, lots of hills and steps. Didn’t count steps for a change but guessing 15,000 minimum.

Scales say down 8 lbs which is fantastic ( still 3 lb to go to lowest though) but more importantly I feel energised and happy. I guess 5 days detox is just what I need after all those drugs post surgery. Even my skin feels smooth and soft, obviously enjoyed the extra hydration. I would definitely do this again ‘if’ I can keep it off. The real test now is beating my brains fight to ‘eat non stop’ now food is available. Back to 3 fast days next week.

Happy- I don’t often drink alcohol and I do agree about tonic but I must admit I really enjoyed those drinks last night. I will be back on water tonight, probably! but no promises. Whatever happens my alcohol maximum at any event these days is two drinks, it’s all about control.

I am having a rest this morning, searching for my passport amongst other minor chores, temporarily lost, in a safe place of course. I will visit the town of Sandwich later with friends but no bowling planned today for a change.

Finally I am going to make up my ‘hanging baskets’ over this weekend. I hang them from my balcony railing achieving a colourful welcome when I return to the house. I hope it’s not too early, this cold snap is going on a bit.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Well done Jo. It would have been interesting to have weighed each day, or at least Friday morning, which would have been your lightest before eating last night.
    Stick to low carb/high fat (I presume you can now after the op?) and you should be fine between fasts. All the best P

Hi PVE,
    I doubt yesterday morning would have been any different as I only had one small meal last night then 8 hours sleep to burn it off. I actually feel lighter today than yesterday, I think .i am so ‘in tune’ now I probably don’t need scales anymore. I can always predict correctly these days.

I can’t go high fat as digestion does not cope with it but I an staying low carb because I am used to it now. What I missed most during fast was eggs, so I will be having one for lunch today on a slice of smoked salmon, yummy. If I still had my addiction to bread I honestly don’t think I could have succeeded with this fast. It’s very interesting how this fasting and improved my nutritional choices but I still haven’t beaten portion control, in this area you are the ‘Queen’ of the thread.
    We are coming into warmer weather so salads will feature in my diet more which will help. I just can’t enjoy cold food in the winter. Probably physiological but I find hot food more satisfying and filling although I believe there was some research supporting this idea.
    Strangely I thought I would break my 19/5 rule today but my body seems quite content to wait although I am on my second cuppa with a splash of milk. I don’t think I can face green tea this weekend.

I’m the same Jo, I am amazingly accurate at predicting my weight before I get on the scales every morning.
    You obviously don’t know me if you think I’m good at portion control! πŸ˜† The only way I can do it is to serve out what I need (not want) and put any leftovers in the freezer before I eat, to remove the temptation. I’m basically a glutton but love being a small size again. The trick I use is to heap my plate with healthy veg and skip the carbs whenever possible. No point in feeling hungry, so I just choose food that satiates without causing fat by increasing blood sugar.

I’m working my way through Dr Fung’s Obesity Code. Everyone should read it. His explanations are so clear and are great for explaining to yourself and others why we have to fast and reduce carbs, increase fat.

Cheers P

Well done Jo. I am 28 hours into my fast, but had a few almonds last night to enable sleep.

Yes, The Obesity Code is interesting,Purple, though I have stopped reading it as the Course on Music Composition has taken over my life. Thanks for the input Waterloo Gurgle Oratorio in 5/2 time and in B flat major. Thanks for all that input, Purple Jo and Apricot. I guess the most likely outcome is that I will never quite do it or else settle for a mere 8 bars of music. The music , my daily 7K walks (We have 42 m between the highest and lowest points of our village), and 40 mins on the treadmill. My daughter tells me the gym lingo for what I do is “Hills”. Riding the exercycle is spinning. I don’t do that as we have lovely places to cycle here when the weather is good.
    It’s going to snow again today, so being inside is a pleasure

The champignons Γ  la grecque are sitting there gathering flavour for the break- fast around 3 or 4pm today. I put shallots and the loveliest Italian organic passata in to them as well, but not much liquid.

Off to work, happy fasting. Enjoy the weekend.
    XX Wiwi

We await your Opus, Wi

Morning/evening all,

It is a lovely sunny morning with some cloud. The good news is the the cold, biting wind has dropped so it feels much more than the 2 degrees warmer the thermometer shows.
    I’m off to Richmond park later and hoping the forecast rain showers stay away until at least 5pm so we get a good long walk.

My B2B fasts on Th/F went well so I’m feeling much happier today.
    I’m still 2lbs off my lowest but I know I’ll get there soon and destination goal will be in sight.
    If I can do it before I go to Rome next weekend I’ll be thrilled but it’ll be difficult as I’m entertaining tomorrow and Monday. I have picked a seasonal menu with lots of veggies including English asparagus and a mixture of berries including English strawberries, but Jersey Royals will be putting in an appearance along with English spring lamb. Any leftovers will be turned into FD dinners and frozen.
    I have a recipe for a flourless chocolate cake that has a layer of berries inside and is also decorated with them. It’ll do both days with no leftovers which will be very helpful.

I love gin and tonic too but I don’t drink it often. I’ve decided that I’ll continue with slimline tonic as it is less calories and probably (I know the jury is still out) less bad for me than the sugar laden version, but I’m not going to stress over it.

Jo, you’ve done really well so you must convince yourself that your 5 day fast was the start of the final part of your journey and not a result, almost like revison and now it is time to sit the exam. You know you can do it. Like you, I look forward to summer foods as it is so easy to put together delicious, satisfying and healthy salads.

I think The Obesity Code is probably the best book I’ve read in a very long time. Jason Fung has hit the nail on the head and we now need the medical establishment, dieticians etc. and the food industry to sit up and take notice of what he and many before him have been saying about the destructive relationship that goes on inside our bodies between too much sugar and as a consequence, too much insulin. I am so pleased to know that fasting appears to be the final piece in the jigsaw. Everyone needs to know.

For those of you in the UK, have a lovely BH weekend. Everyone else, have a good one too 😜

Mm Jersey Royals ,Amazon? Please explain.
    As to slim tonic. Every bit as bad as normal sugared tonic. Your body tastes the sweetness and reponds as if it is sugar….blood sugar spike leading to fat storage. Simple. Bodies respond the same way to artificial sweetners (including stevia) as sugar. P

Gin and a half a lime with a splash of seltzer? Sort of a gimlet

K-Lo,

There is no alternative to a gin and tonic especially to an English girl πŸ˜‰

Purple,

They are new potatoes, originally grown in the Channel Islands. I’m not sure if they all come from there these days but they are in season for a very short time and are delicious πŸ™‚

I thought you were talking about a dessert! P πŸ˜„

Hi all,

Mmmm Jersey Royals – sound like chocolate cows to me!

Some very interesting reading on this thread tonight – from Wiwi’s musical genius, to a beautiful description of Kew Gardens in Spring (thanks Amazon), an informed discussion around gin and tonics and the final unveiling of Jojo’s new weight!! Congratulations Jo, fantastic effort. Two days straight with just water and coffee is my record – 5 days is pretty impressive. Hopefully your willpower muscles will be strengthened!

Not a lot to add from my corner, but enjoying all of your news!

PVE,
    We had a TV programme about diet drinks. They actually had a negative impact on dieting. You eat more after them than sugar drinks and therefore eat the same calories or more. What a scam it all is?
    I limit my G&T to evening only, stop at 2 and sleep off the insulin spike. If you can’t resist it at least control. No sign stayin on the fridge and cupboard doors, it was surprisingly effective, I may add a fat picture too.
    Bad news about the hot pink jeans I was going to wear tonight, they fit again but I discovered a stain that is not sponging out, looks like ink, so sad. May need to find some more because I loved how they made me feel. Perky!
    I had lunch and am not feeling my usual greediness, I think this 5 day fast has really done me some good. Observing this experiment, could be very interesting.
    Wiwi- Well done on the fast.
    Everyone – keep strong, keep fasting, keep walking.
    Amazon – you will lose that 2 lb. of course Cornwall is the place for cream teas so you may need to do an extra couple of fasts before that trip. Rome- heat- so jealous. Sun shining heat today but still quite chilly.
    Jersey Royals are fertilised by seaweed, amazing flavour
    See you later

Hello Everyone,

WHAT AN INSPIRATION THIS THEAD IS!

I’ve been reading all your threads but like RT, you “you know who you are ;)” I will comment but don’t remember who wrote and when.

We were supposed to leave our home Wednesday but moved to Thursday. When Thudsday arrived Sasha was in such a pain that a rushed w/ her to the Vet’s office. There’s something going on with her that she can’t relax or leave the tail straight. An X-ray was done but nothing it’s broken. She is on pain killer, steroid and anti inflammatory pills. Mean while that was 11am, the car loaded and almost ready to leave my husband hit the toenail. The nail flipped up, blood allove. So, we finally left but didn’t go far.
    Sasha med weans off before the 12 hour window frame. It’s awful! Called vet today he increased the dose to 3 times a day.
    Right now we are half way to our destination! Planning to arrive tomorrow night.
    We’ve been doing this migration back and fourth for already 16 years. Amazing how the time flyes. Eating choices, not that I am picky at all can be challenging.

I read all comments and I love this thread! Music, jokes, recipes, travel arrangements, fashion, book tips and the nicest it’s how encouraging you ALL are.

Monday or Tuesday I will go back to my 18:6! It all depends if Sunday I have the time to go food shopping. There’s no food there.

Isn’t stevia a good sugar substitute?

Jojo – how did your bowels work with almost no food at all on those 5 days?

Congratulations to the losers and Jojo w/ her very well under control mind.

Enjoy the weekend.
    Xoxo
    B

Healthcoach, Jason Fung writes that Stevia is no better than plain sugar or any other sweetener. They all raise insulin in the exact same manner.

HealthcoachB,
    No food, so not much in the bowel to go anywhere, simples. But I did get a stomach ache after the meal last night, quickly sorted with a hot water bottle and digestive system working as normal today.
    Agree that replacement sugars are no better than sugar for insulin levels.
    Honestly it’s just better to not really have much sugar in our diets both for weight control and good health. Research seems to support this but the news is very slow to filter through to the health specialists and groups that should know better(famous slimming groups).
    It’s been a really good day today. I haven’t thought about food at all, ?I cannot believe it. Salad with leftover smoked salmon for dinner, so calorie control excellent today. Resisted offers of chocolate biscuits while out on the town but had a cuppa and some blueberries.
    Off to Fleetwood Bac for a great night of music and probably some water to drink.

Hi everyone,

I’m home from a lovely day out with my best friend. We went to Richmond Park and walked and walked and walked. Both of us have sore feet and tired legs. When I checked my pedometer it said 20000! There is a garden in the middle of the park called the Isabella plantation. I can’t remember why it is called that but I do know that it is famous for its rhodedendrons. It was stunning, so many shrubs of varying sizes and colours in full bloom along with a lovely heather garden and numerous other flower bed plus lots of grass under the trees that was full of bluebells.
    In the main park we saw lots of red deer and the stags are all in the process of growing new antlers which are covered in velvet.

We retired to one of numerous local hostelries for dinner and vino. Tried a new place on Kew Green and it was excellent so has been promoted to our new favourite place πŸ˜‰

My feet are very grateful to be out of my walking shoes and in my comfy slippers.
    I’ll sleep well tonight πŸ™‚

Jojo what an awesome experience and a great study of one β€œwe salute you” what needs to be done will be done 5 days is outstanding!!
    I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. Jimmy Dean

The less you eat the more you lose.
    Peace RT

Good Morning all,
    Off for brunch with a friend soon, an early morning read and I am already fascinated by your description of the Richmond Gardens Amazon! So I asked Mr Google and he told me:

“In the 17th century, this area in the south west corner of Richmond Park was known as The Sleyt. This is the name usually used for boggy ground or an open space between woods or banks.

By 1771, it is shown on maps as Isabella Slade . Isabella may have been the wife or daughter of a member of staff. But it is more likely to be a corruption of the word isabel, which was used as far back as the 15th century to mean dingy or greyish yellow – the colour of the soil in this part of the park.

In 1831, Lord Sidmouth, the park deputy ranger, fenced off 17ha (42 acres) of the Isabella Slade . He planted oak, beech and sweet chestnut trees as a crop for timber and gave the area the name it has today.

The present garden of clearings, ponds and streams was established from the 1950s onwards. It is largely the work of George Thomson, the park superintendent from 1951-1971. Along with his head gardener, Wally Miller, he removed Rhododendron ponticum from large areas and replaced it with other rhododendron species. They established evergreen Kurume Azaleas around the Still Pond and planted other exotic shrub and tree species.

The main stream through the garden from Broomfield Gate was dug in 1960 and the plantation was enlarged to include Peg’s Pond.

More recently, in 1989, a wild stream was dug in the northern section and this has now been colonized by ferns, water plantains and brook lime. The Bog Garden was reconstructed in 2000.”

Now I want to visit! I have several big Kurume Azaleas at Jamieson, though I am sure they are tiny compared to the Richmond ones. Sorry to all the non-gardeners, a bit off track this morning! Its a glorious, sunny day so hopefully I will be home in time to get some work done in my own garden this afternoon! Football not on Free to Air TV so I may even have a radio on, much to husband’s horror! Thinking it will be eggs benedict for brunch so some exercise will be required! Have a lovely day all.

Lying in bed with the first decent rain, to the delight of my azaleas, pattering on the roof. One of life’s true pleasures!
    Thanks for the Richmond Park memories Amazon and Nama. I used to go there with my late uncle to see the deer. Unfortunately, when Mr P and I visited last December, the deer were all in restricted areas away from the general public. I’d love to see the rhododendron in bloom, they ARE fabulous. It explains why you are drinking anti malarial gin and tonic Amazon! P 🍷 (only a red wine icon, but an excellent substitute for G & T) ☺

Hi All,
    Back from my Rock Concert, good head banging evening. The tribute band were fantastic. Sadly I can’t say the same for the sound engineer, he occasionally got it sorted properly. I will put sone video snatches on Facebook.

Having a nice cuppa before bed, I know it’s made but I an too excited to go to bed for an hour or two.still buzzing from the music. Only drank water this evening but lots of it because it was quite warm in the venue. Walked there and back, beautiful night here on the coast. We could see the stars and the light pollution from Calais. Guess they can see ours too.

Nama- great information about Richmond Park. I visited it with Smithy and Amazon last year, very cold it was too. Sadly we also visited too early for the Rhodedendrons.

I will be taking a trip down the Thames next week from Widsor, should be fun.

RT- thank you for encouraging me to do ‘long’ fasts on zero calories, I feel incredible.
    Just hope it stays off. Do you regain after your fasts?

PVE- you must have got the rain we were due to get, threatened for two days but avoided. I actually had to water my plants today.
    Amazon-20,000 steps- how long did that take? Must have been about 4 hours. Well done and sleep well!

Glad you enjoyed the show Jo. Now you can have a healthy sleep. You must be very proud of yourself. ☺P

Well done, Jo.

We also are having rain over night and later today. The dark grey clouds are scudding across the sky, contrasting with the Reds, yellows, orange, Crimson Autimn leaves. This is my favourite season. A huge weather front is moving at great speed from West to East.

Thank goodness for the trees and bushes. Loved all the talk of rhododendrons and azaleas, of which we have a few.

Cheers, Bay

It’s still dry here, just 45 mm since January. I was watering the pots and vegies yesterday. Please send your rain this way, P and Bay, when you have finished with it. It’s pretty crazy here, am still picking the odd strawberry, there is a flower on the rhododendron, and the freesias are starting to come up. And the feijoas are falling πŸ™‚ Yum.

Bay, I had my camera in my purse, but once again forgot to record our meeting for posterity πŸ™ Will do better next time.

Well done, Jojo. No doubt we will see less of you on your next visit. January?

Barata,
    I certainly hope you will see less of me but only in size only.
    Thanks for congratulations Bay, Barata and PVE- As you see I am still awake, stayed up watching snooker, madness, just not tired. Just been chatting with my daughter in NZ, she is loving the warm weather and no rain.
    So I think I will read for a while now, that usually does the trick.

Good morning all my fasting friends.

Thank you for birthday wishes – 70 years old! ‘hoodathortit?’ as they say in the classics.

Still jogging along fasting 2 days/week and (mostly) not eating white carbs at all and nothing between meals on non-FDs. This achieves an average 0.75-1kg weekly loss, staying on track of projected loss to goal later this year. The ‘no eating between meals’ routine is my saviour for weeks when we have a public holiday on the Monday (my usual FD) although there are only two more for the year. About the middle of April finally returned to my pre-Christmas best and onward and downward from there. My waist is 82cm, which represents a total shrinkage since I started 5:2 of 23cm.

Jo, your 5-day fast has achieved a heroic result – well done. I think the key is intent, however, like Amazon, I’m always sooo looking forward to my FD dinner, if only to break the monotony. We each find our own workable version of this fasting life.

We have had heavy rain and wind overnight and the season has definitely turned so now most of the lovely autumn leaves are on the ground. It has been very dry – our total for April was only 18.2mm (25% of our average) and we live in one of the wettest parts of South Australia. The weather bureau had predicted a wetter than average autumn and now the same for winter so the next few months should be very wet. Hope you get some too Bay, Nama, Purple and Barata. The gardens and tanks certainly need it.

Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Excellent to hear of your continued success Nicky. You must be so pleased. 😊
    I too really hang out for that FD ‘meal’, no matter how small.
    We had good soaking overnight rain, so hopefully the azaleas will be happy. Our autumn colours have been disappointing this year as it was too warm. Not like your gorgeous Adelaide Hills show. Beautiful sunshine now, but cool enough for a jumper and lunch of homemade Cullen Skink. 😊 P

I had to Google Cullen Skink – sounds yummy.

For a few moments wondered if it was any tastier than Cunningham’s skink πŸ˜†

Our lunch was from the first batch for the year of my usual 195-veg soup, which is what the family used to call it (actually only 7 veg), with spelt toast now the weather’s cool enough to enjoy it. n

Mmm..Cunningham’s skink….an Aussie version of the traditional Scottish dish? Not quite so tasty. πŸ˜‰

Morning/evening all,

Another sunny morning 🌞

I woke very early this morning as I went to bed early. I was very tired yesterday.

Jo, our walk took 3 hours.

Nama, I’ve been to the Isabella plantation once or twice before but it was at least 20 years ago so it was like new territory as much work has been done since then. There is a stream as well as a pond and the planting along the banks is fabulous, every bit as good as Kew. Thanks for posting what Mr Google told you, it is very interesting πŸ˜„

People often think that London is a concrete jungle but there are so many parks, commons, heaths etc, some of them very large such as Richmond Park. I consider myself very fortunate to live in West London as I have so many choices only a short distance away.

Nicky, good to hear from you and great that you are continuing with your steady loss which is how I would like to be losing but it is still two steps forward and one step back for me. We’ll all get there eventually.

I have to do some serious housework this morning which is not what I would like to be doing when the sun is shining but as I have guests coming later and again tomorrow, I have no choice. The good thing is that since I had my bedroom renovated I have been making a huge effort to be tidier and have put things away rather than leaving them laying around so there is hardly any tidying up, just cleaning (yuck) and ironing (even worse πŸ˜–)

Have a good one everybody 😜

Amazon,

We have guests this weekend, so our house got a spring clean on Friday! They said we needn’t have bothered, as they come for the company not to check for dust, but it’s the impetus I need to tackle housework I’m afraid!

I spent most of yesterday cooking, and stayed up far too late, ate and drank too much πŸ™‚ Just lying in bed with a cuppa. I can hear OH preparing a full English breakfast. I’m not normally hungry in the mornings, but I’m starting to salivate…

Jo,

As you know, I’m now maintaining and wouldn’t want to lose half a stone, but reading about how great you feel (after, but also towards the end of, your fast) makes me quite envious of you! I would need to let myself gain a few lbs first, but I think at some point I should at least try an extended fast for the health benefits.

Anyway, best get up! I can hear egg, sausage, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes calling πŸ™‚

I have had cleaners come to do bathrooms and floors once a fortnight for years now. Recently they went o/s for 6 weeks. I’ll never take them for granted again. 😯 I love my big spacious house, but housework is not my scene. I too use guests as a good reason to tidy and refresh the place. A bit like an external audit, isn’t it?
    Enjoy your Sundays, UK folk. Our lovely autumn day has come to a beautiful soft finish. P

Viewing 50 posts - 14,001 through 14,050 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.