Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,201 through 12,250 (of 16,657 total)

• Thanks Nama,

I’ve actually just spent an hour making a huge batch of pastry and turning it into mince pies which are now in the freezer uncooked. When they are wanted they go straight into the oven.
    The scraps have been turned into a two portion tart which will be my weekend brunches ?
    I’m not the slightest bit hungry which is surprising but I’ll probably be ready to chew my arm off in an hour or so ๐Ÿ˜†

Good morning All,
    Thought I would post from the airport as I am bored waiting at the gate. Got here ridiculously early for a domestic flight. You just can win! The shuttle was late picking me up but it is only 20 minutes away so I got here with 2.5 hrs before flight. Had a cuppa and eaten my apple, finished my book so only paper to read now, hope it takes an hour.
    Amazon- mince pies are one of my favourite Christmas treats, hopefully I will avoid them here. Nama- we all have lapses, you know you can make it up easily. Willing you the willpower to do it. I am finding it so much easier without my daughter. She really is still in the three meals per day mode. I spent so long on 19/5 before my travelling started that I find it completely alien. I was discussing this with PVE, it really is about one meal and one light snack per day now. Rest of the time it is just about drinking. I really prefer this way of living now, I feel healthier and fitter doing this programme. Now all I need to do is up the exercise without adding to the pain, double edged sword.
    Looking forward to a sleep on the flight as I didn’t get much last night, we had a drunken man kicking off for two hours. Inconsiderate pig.
    Hope everyone else is well and that the weather is not too unkind. Doubt I will be experiencing 31 degrees again for a while.

Hi Everyone,
    Jo-jo do you really want to learn algebra, what would you use it for? Also I hope you get some sleep.
    Amazon, I had to stop baking.. because I eat everything in sight. Hope everyone has safe travels.
    Well today I went to a new yoga class at a new gym, I was the only one who showed up. I got a personal class.. which was amazing since this is my fourth yoga class ever. I am such a newbe. So anyways the guy who teaches the class actually graduated the same year I did from High School and grew up in the same area. Weird… Akward.. I am sore.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi Sarah, no I wasn’t being serious about algebra classes.

I am in hot Brisbane now, the news here seems to be all bad. People at risk from fires, helicopter accident in Fox Glacier, more terrorism in Bali. It’s very depressing.

I have a lovely room on the 6 th floor, great views. I am now about to explore the rooftop pool. There are no photographs of this area so I expect it isn’t super posh. We will see. More importantly I need to get some lengths swum. I may need to buy some goggles otherwise my eyes will be puffy from the chloride.

Fast has gone well today Dinner will be Salmon Crostini- yum

I have reduced wifi contact again so will only port first thing

Morning/evening all,

It is snowing here, I am not joking! Apparently it will dry up in a couple of hours to be replaced by sunshine but there’ll be a frost tonight ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

B2Bs done and dusted and I now have two days of non fasting and MUST stay under my TDEE which is harder than fasting at the moment but I’m determined to do it.

Jojo, Sarah, my intention is to learn to control what I eat and I am not going to stop baking or having treats in the house. If I can fast I can and will learn to have one portion of something and save the rest for another day as I have no desire to live my life without the occasional sweet treat.
    Storing uncooked mince pies in the freezer works well fo me as eating them has to be planned rather than mindless nibbling, and last year I cracked only eating one small slice of Christmas cake, so I’m getting there. My biggest remaining issue is bread, but I’ll get there eventually.

Have a good one everybody ?

Hi! I’m new here and today is my first fast day only because I know I won’t be able to fast two days next week. I have already learned a valuable lesson. PLAN or pay the price. I woke up decided today was Day 1 then began googling soup recipes while hungry! Decided that wasn’t the right thing to do while hungry.

So I stayed strong and then made a quasi soup of two cups of vegetable broth with a can of French cut beans, salt, pepper and few red chili flakes. YUM… 100 calories well spent. It filled an entire serving bowl.

I would love to buddy up.

Good morning and welcome LJinSC,
    You will find all the help you need on here, well done on the soup. I adore soup. I am currently travelling and have no cooking facilities so I am finding it very difficult. I have bought cup a soups as I have a kettle.
    Tell us more about yourself, country of origin. Most of our regular contributors are UK, Australian and America. Many of us have actually met as we like to travel, it has been great. I have lost oner 5 stone in the last two years but am struggling now yet still have over 2 stone to lose.
    Make sure you have the right foods in the cupboard. Many of us have very little starch and sugar in our diets as it’s easier to control the calories. Try recording what you eat on Fitnesspal and take weight and measurements at the beginning. Even when you don’t lose weight you might lose inches. I have gone from UK dress size 24 to 16. Some of our thread are now wearing 10 or 12, lucky them. Drink lots of water and try to walk over 10,000 steps daily. Good Luck.
    Amazon- you have a will of iron, I don’t which is why I yoyo.
    Not fasting today but will tomorrow as on a trip for 2 days. Another trip involving lots of wildlife, feeding Dolphins in the wild.

Morning/evening all,

Jojo I wish I did have an iron will as I would have been at goal months ago.
    Yesterday didn’t go as well as I had planned but I’ll be making up for it today which is fine as all I did was eat some of today’s dinner!
    It is a cold, bright frosty morning with a beautiful blue sky. The temperature has gone from 18ยฐ to 0ยฐ in ten days, and I think winter is definitely here.
    Yesterday’s blustery wind has gone so I might venture into the fresh air today, especially as next door have a small weekend guest who screams a lot ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Evening all,
    Hope everyone is well.
    May be off line for a couple of days unless there is free wifi on the coach trip.
    Hopefully I will be fasting tomorrow. Wish I had remembered to buy a book today, not sure my battery on the mini iPad will last without recharging for two days.

Finding Brisbane is another very friendly city. Walked around today, made my 10,600 steps. Some interesting buildings and I found a cafe called Jojo’s, fate?

I have had to replace some clothes today, they were just too warm to wear. Sadly it is to expensive to send my warm clothes home so it is either buy a bigger case or dump some clothes in the recycle bin. My thoughts are the second option because hopefully the clothes will not fit soon anyway. Positive thinking!
    Enjoy your fasting on Monday all
    Hope PVE is enjoying Edinburgh? Trouble with the cold is you want more food to keep you warm.

Hello all,
    Been AWOL with a busy, social weekend. Hopefully not too much damage done, just an egg salad for dinner tonight to compensate for the lunchtime bread. Yes Amazon, bread is still my nemesis too! I will probably wake up starving tomorrow to pay for it! I am using the Vietnam trip to avoid Xmas cooking this year, first time for about 40 yrs! I still have puddings left over from last year, but wont make mince pies etc. Oh home made mince pies are just the best – better not to think about them!
    I agree Jojo, the cold weather does make one hungrier, but at least you can live on hot soup! I love soup but don’t have as much in the warm weather…talking about food again! Enjoy your next few days, hopefully you are acclimatising to the heat a bit! Pretty humid up there though isn’t it?
    Hope everyone’s weekend has been fun!

Hi everyone, not a FD today (or yesterday) as I don’t have FD’s from Fri to Sun, but DO try to keep within TDEE.

RT I hope y-fee had a good result this last week (knowing you have to “sneak” online at work due to error’s on the home front PC).

Jojo hoping your mini couple of days touring goes well with lots of free wi-fi and enough warmth but not too much heat and humidity ๐Ÿ˜€

Going to try for 2 FD’s and 2 semi-FD’s this week, with the FD’s being liquid if possible, but still need to bear in mind if pain med is required that liquid is out. Will aim to NOT need paid med if at all possible ๐Ÿ˜€

Good morning all . Sun is shining for a wee change . All my work in the Man den has caught up with me . Got a twinge in my back so for a change I am taking it easy today . Got the curtain pole yesterday BUT it can wait until our eldest comes and he can put it up for me . Going to get Dad today but will not go shopping as it is too much for him . he loves to go for a drive so I will do that . I still have a young mind in my auld body lol and think I can do what I did MANY years ago lol . My body is telly me otherwise . Snow on the hills and it looks gorgeous BUT I hope it stays there . Jojo can you send me some of the heat please lol .

Have a lovely day/night all of you lovely people .

Wee xx

Good Morning from the States.

I live in South Carolina, I’m in my 40s with 2 children. My son is in college and my daughter is in preschool. I have been anywhere from slightly overweight to obese according to the BMI calculator since age 14 or so. I have white knuckled the weight off with Weight Watchers, binged on bacon and eggs with Atkins, then Paleo with limited success. I am addicted to food documentaries and have become vegetarian/mostly vegan in the last several months. I find that lack of planning my outings leads to lots of horrible vegetarian choices. Did you know that Bacon Pringles is vegan? It’s embarrassing to be mostly vegan and FAT!

My husband is from Italy so bread and pasta finds it’s way to my table nearly every Sunday. We have cut way back since we both tend to put weight on rather easily.

We visit Europe once or twice a year when work allows.

My starting weight was 206.2 ๐Ÿ™
    But this morning after Day 1 it’s 205.4

Yesterday was awesome. Maybe because I flex my discipline muscle so rarely that it felt good to have some control. I wound up at 506 calories and other than my googling soup images freak out, I did awesome! I had tea, 2 huge bowls of my newly invented soup of vegetable broth, green beans, salt, pepper and red chili flakes at 100c each. Then last night I made a frozen banana, spinach, almond milk smoothie with a tablespoon of Chia.

I was so euphoric that I was up and out walking for 40 minutes this am.
    All I had read prior to finding this forum was what torture IF was, maybe I’m new but it beats the heck out of the alternatives!

I’m so glad to be here!
    LJ

I’ve been out for a walk and it seems I got the best of the weather as it has clouded over. I walked through Kew Gardens and it was lovely. Only 30 minutes after opening and very quiet, a combination of being Sunday and very cold methinks. There were areas not yet reached by the sun still covered in a silvery layer of frost and others bathed in sunlight. Lots of planting going on even at this time of year and some of the formal flower beds have been filled with bright yellow pansies. I walked on to Richmond and treated myself to a coffee before doing some shopping. I’ve bought the first Christmas gift! I was surrounded by people eating, buying food or talking about what to buy for dinner and almost succumbed to buying something that I didn’t need to eat. I talked myself out of it and bought some flowers, much less calorific ๐Ÿ˜‰

Morning all,
    Oh Amazon, what a giggle,you eating the nasturtiums! Hopefully you bought non-edible flowers! Kew Gardens sound beautiful on a crisp morning….
    Welcome LJ and well done on your first fast. It is weird how it can be so easy, I think its the wonderful feeling of being ‘in control’ that we have all been missing. But still being able to have a life! It sounds like you have a good sense of humour, so you will fit in well around here. Intermittent fasting is never going to make the headlines as there is no money to be made by big business, just all of us soldiering away quietly, setting and achieving personal goals and gradually realising there IS a way we can be healthy. Keep posting, you will have lots of questions and lots of folk on here are more than happy to help. Lots of us are into our 60’s & beyond and wish we had discovered the magic of fasting when we were younger.
    Weemam take care of that back!! It is hard to ask for help with physical things though isn’t it? We forget we are no longer so young and strong! (But dont forget, we are much smarter!)
    AO its great to see you back around more regularly, as I know that means your poor arm is improving. Great work on getting back to fasting – you passed your test with flying colours! Many people would have completely given up.
    RT I hope your IT issues sort themselves – you are the one sane (?) male voice around here! And we want to hear more of your wife’s success – it inspires us too!
    Cheers xx

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰

AC/DC was amazing and the 3 eldest lads and I rocked it out at a frenetic fast sweaty pace a heart pumping ear drum bursting experience for sure the band members are all now in their sixties inspirational and motivating and unforgettable experience the WAGS stayed in their hotel after a day of very intense retail therapy in the Mall who knew ๐Ÿ™„ yfee could not sustain the 18/6 and 4-3 so something had to give so back to 5-2 with 18-6 and on FD brought the dinner time back to save her own arms and legs ๐Ÿ˜† a good graph downwards this week -1.1kg for her.Thanks AO and Nama she is certainly getting the hang of the IF and the pc problemโ€™s may well have been pilot error doh ๐Ÿ™„ I agree 100% Jojo one snack and one meal a day is a great fit in this WOL I have been experimenting with getting the steps in in one go and meal times as still just one but fiddling around between lunch and dinner so if brunch is a breakfast and lunch combination what is lunch and dinner a lunner ๐Ÿ˜‰ who cares
    Just keep on keeping on and do whatโ€™s doable.

โ€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once startedโ€
    Peace RT

Morning/evening all,
    Another cold and frosty one here โœณ

Gym this morning, physio this afternoon and a FD.

RT, pleased you enjoyed the concert and great to hear that Mrs RT is working out the combination of fasting/eating that works best for her.I know what works for me but the problem is sticking to it. This weekend was much better and I’m now in the safety zone of two days fasting, and I have a really busy week ahead so hopefully won’t be having idle thoughts about snacking.

Happy fasting everybody ?

Hello everyone, struggling to keep up with this very active forum!
    We have had a few days away with a group of friends which involved eating and drinking out rather a lot.
    I’m getting back on track tomorrow with a FD. I have been reading a lot about sugar lately and I’m trying to adjust to eating a lot less. Looked at some red onion and beetroot pickle in the supermarket yesterday and was aghast at the amount of sugar, so back on the shelf it went. Off to make some veg soup for the working week ahead.
    Good to catch up and get back to normal.

Hi Iona

I’m on a sugar free month until Christmas, and it is shocking just how much sugar is in ordinary food. I’m the crazy woman peering at the fine print on the back of products in the supermarket. ??

We can cheer each other on. Bay ?

Hi Ya All,
    I get this week off from work and am so excited to have time to respond to you wonderful people. Nama I enjoy reading your posts, I could live on soups. I need to plan for them. Welcome LJ, I am in my fourties also. Lona and Bay I went on a 6 week sugarfree challenge. The website is sugarfreedom.com , the book is called sugarfreedom. I feel amazing. Lots of clean eating. RT, you had a fantastic weekend. I love concerts, when I was younger I went to alot of them, I need to be thinking of doing fun things too. Amazon your walk in the Gardens sounded like a peaceful time, too bad it was too cold for you. AO how is your fasting going, I hope you have no pain, and are healing day by day. Weemam – I think about you and your dad. Last night I spent the night at my moms (she has dementia) because my grandmother who takes care of her was out of town. My mom is such a sweet lady and I enjoyed fixing her dinner and breakfast. We worked on a puzzle together. She asked me 4 times if I was spending the night. Of course I said yes all four times. And she said Good all four times.
    I haven’t weighed in so I do not know if I am fasting tomorrow but I made chicken legs and meatloaf on Sunday to get me through to Thursday. Take care everyone.

Hi Sarah
    It must be so sad to for both you and your grandmother to watch your mum disappear into dementia. I had the experience with my mum. Just treating them as they are on any one day, as you do with kids, is the best approach. There is always joy in life if we look for it. Big hugs. P

Morning/evening all,

Hi Iona, like Bay I read the labels on everything and most go back on the shelf.
    I buy mango chutney as it would be far too expensive to buy enough mangoes for a batch, and lime pickle which is sour and doesn’t contain sugar, but apart from that it is all home made. I am then content that I know how much sugar it contains and that it is free of additives, colouring, stabilisers and all the other unnecessary substances that are added to make it look good and supposedly increase shelf life. I have a jar of my 2012 apple, date and ginger chutney open at the moment and it is in perfect condition and IMHO tastes better than anything off the shelf.
    Having said that, chutney is usually sweet and has always contained sugar, what bothers me are products such as cereals, peanut butter, ready made sauces, bread etc, none of which need to have sugar added.
    Unlike many of you, I don’t have soup very often and when I’m fasting I prefer to have solid food as the process of chewing is part of the process that makes me feel satisfied with the meagre calories being consumed.

Sarah, it must be tough for you and your Grandma to cope with what is happening to your Mum, as Purple says one day at a time and make sure you really enjoy and remember the good days.
    My walk wasn’t too cold, I really enjoyed it, and when there is a nip of frost in the air it encourages brisk walking ?
    I got very cold yesterday when fasting and was really happy to be tucked ip in my nice warm bed last night.
    I’m fasting again today as I’m feeling determined and have another busy day ahead.I’m going to visirot my niece and great nephew who is now three months old ?

Purple, how are you coping with Scottish winter ?

It was very wet and cold when I was in Scotland last weekโ˜น๏ธ but we enjoyed the visit all the same.
    I have decided tomorrow and Friday will be my FD’s as I’m back at work and it’s easier that way. Today will be restricted calories. I have just had a bowl of porridge which I thoroughly enjoyed having not eaten it in ages. That will see me through to late afternoon, I’m thinking baked beans on toast may be in order. Tonight my friend has discounted shopping in her gift shop in preparation for Christmas, so hopefully I can find a few gifts.

Good fd today, a handful of cherries and 123 cals other than that. Total max 250 cals for the day ?

Good going Iona baked beans are full of fibre.

About to go to bed. Chat later ? (hoping the emoticon posts correctly)

Morning all, and Happy Thanksgiving from the States! I am forever grateful for each and every one of you folks!
    RT, this one is for you:
    At my son’s swearing in last week, the President of the Massachusetts Bar was talking about his career. He said, “I turned to my wife and asked, “In your wildest dreams, did you ever think I would have had such a career, become the first Hispanic President of the Mass Bar, be a professor and mentor to young people, and have such a life?” His wife replied, “Honey, you are not in my wildest dreams!”
    xox, all. Keep up the good work.

Hi Ply,

Happy Thanksgiving to you too ?

I like the story, Mrs President obviously has a great aense of humour!
    I saw your lovely photos on fb, you must be such a proud Mum ?

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Thatโ€™s bloody brilliant Ply thanks and great to hear from you hope all is well we here in SA of Australia have a 35 deg day today so got my walk on early around 3-30am great day for the human race Iona72 your menu sounds top shelf to me and a low cal feel good fill up and im sensing some old AO rising to the top mojo fully engaged a shout out to the travelling Purple and happy days to everyone else you know who you are ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Happy hump day
    Peace RT

Just spent a lovely few hours with the lovely Weemam and Mr Wee. They are a gorgeous couple, as we all know. Both look hale and healthy and have a real zest for life. We were honoured to have them show us some of the wonderful historic, and scenic, parts of their area. Stirling is SO pivotal in Scottish history and positioned on beautiful green fields with stunning mountains as a backdrop. Thanks Wee. P xx

AWW PVE… We both had a brilliant time . I felt as if I had known you forever . We seemed to have so much in common . You are both so lovely .

Wee xx

Sorry guys, no time to read back,
    Loving Brisbane, just back from the Botanical gardens, loved it.
    Now thinking about going up in the wheel, tremble, tremble.
    Done 12,000 steps already today and have at least 4000 to go to get back to my hotel.
    Hope everyone is well and in control, may get a minute out of my limited wifi to post later.
    Feeding the Dolphins was right up there with feeding the Koala, better really because they are wild ones.
    Heading to Port Douglas, Cairns tomorrow- Great Barrier Reef here I come!

Hello Everyone,
    Thank you PVE for the hugs, Amazon, great advice: I am trying taking one day at a time, some days are good others are challenging. My grandma does not like me to help with anything, she does all the cooking, and lets me know they are fine. Yes, I pay my mom’s bills and take care of little things for my mom. I know it is tiring for my grandmother, but she would never admit it. I took them grocery shopping today and grandma had the list and my mom just followed her around. I am so thankful my mom has such a sweet spirit and is joyful in her own way.
    AO – way to go on a successful fasting day. PVE and weemam, I am a little jealous sounds like you had a great time, one day I will meet one of my fasting friends.
    Ply, Congradulations, and Happy Thanksgiving
    Jo-jo enjoy.
    Today I ate meatloaf, a fried chicken breast, a chicken leg, a cup of zuccini and a cup of hot chocolate. Wow, that is alot of protein. I did a light workout at the gym this morning for an hour, and a weight training session this evening. My muscles are sore and I am still hungry. off to bed Good night

Happy Thanksgiving Ply! And more congratulations on your son’s success. You must be so proud of both your gorgeous boys. X P ?

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This year I am grateful for friends, family and quite recently this forum.

I am down 2 lbs since Saturday. : )

Good evening All,
    Looks like I have unlimited wifi at new accomodation. Thank goodness. It’s been a long day travelling since 10.40 am until just now. No food today and I am starving. Just having a cuppa then off to forage for food. There is no one on reception at this self catering resort but they left me a map and my key was in the safe. Three flights of stairs to lug my case up, could have done without that but more calorie burning.
    The trip here from the airport was pretty damn georgeous, certainly gives the great ocean road a run for its money, Captain Cook Highway but they are talking about renaming it Great Barrier Reef Road- better for tourism. Hope this area is well lit, don’t fancy getting lost in the dark, seems a bit remote.
    Television doesn’t seem to work but no problem as I have good book, The a Boy at the top of a Mountain by John Boyne- good writer.
    Hope everyone is well.
    I will read back later and send personal replies but in the meantime Happy Thanksgiving to our American Cousins.

Hello Fast Trackers

Last night we had had dinner at 5pm and its my eldest sons partners 26th birthday today the one having a baby girl in March so we went to their place for a BBQ tea at 6pm tonight 35deg yesterday 16 deg today windy and bitterly cold need the fire on just about so no food until then except for a shed load of water black coffee black tea green tea and 2 mini diet cokes so 25hr fast also 15000 steps down on an empty tum tum and I actually feeling fab ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Who knew happy days Fast Trackers
    Peace RT

Hi All,
    God it sounds like I am in the middle of a rain forest. All I can hear is critters, cicadas, barking(sounds like sawing wood) whooping birds, screeching (owl like sound) I may actually need earplugs, it’s a crazy racket. Thankfully it was a full moon so I found my way back to the accommodation, couldn’t see the damn map or road signs. Didn’t find Port Douglas Main Street because I had headed out in totally the wrong direction. Found a good Japanese Restaurant instead, so all’s well, tummy full. Had to duck several times on return journey as swooped upon by large birds, no idea what type as too dark but I had obviously invaded their protective nesting zone. Must be fun living round here, I think I would by a helmet.
    I am weighing in tomorrow as I need to get some incentive to avoid junk food tomorrow, all meals provided on the trip. This has not been healthy in the past so
    I am wary. Seems everyone else is making progress so I must not let the side down.
    Goodnight All.
    Great Barrier Reef here I come! Excited!

Hi Jojo,

Lucky you, it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
    If you are going to any of the islands make sure you have something on your feet if you go to the beach or you’ll burn them on the sand. I know from experience :ouch:
    The Great Barrier Reef is one of my best memories of my first trip to Australia. I went out to the reef on a big catamaran and snorkelled for the first time in my life. Such a wonderful and unforgettable experience ?

Amazon,
    Yep that’s the plan for today, but very tired, didn’t get much sleep what with natures chorus and a bed that is hard as rock. Just boiling the kettle for a hot water bottle, see if I can catch 40 winks before I leave. Very busy schedule this next week, I don’t think fasting will be possible, too much disruption, moving on, but I will eat sensibly if possible. Looking forward to it all though. Dawn Chorus here is more like a World War bombing raid. Speak soon.

Good luck with the weigh in Jo. I’m travelling well within my limits, so pretty happy as I am eating whatever I want, but very light portions and not often.
    After a day driving through the Highlands (still stunning) we have settled down by a fire in a Western Isles hotel. The light rain just adds to the beauty of the photos. Entrรฉe and shared pudding is plenty of food for us. Keep the faith fast trackers. …you CAN control your diet! P ?

Hello Fast Trackers
    Itโ€™s a sunny morning in the Big Forest and the Bear family is just waking up. Baby Bear goes downstairs and sits in his small chair at the table. He looks into his small bowl. It is empty! “Who’s been eating my porridge?” he squeaks. Father Bear arrives at the table and sits in his big chair. He looks into his big bowl. It is also empty! “Who’s been eating my porridge?” he roars. Mother Bear sticks her head out the kitchen door and yells, “For Pete’s sake, how many times do we have to go through this? It was Mother Bear who go up first. It was Mother Bear who woke everybody else in the house up. It was Mother Bear who unloaded the dishwasher from last night and put everything away. It was Mother Bear who went out into the cold early morning air to fetch the newspaper. It was Mother Bear who set the table. It was Mother Bear who put the cat out, cleaned the litter box and filled the cat’s water and food dish. And now that you’ve decided to come down stairs and grace me with your presence, listen good because I’m only going to say this one more time: I haven’t made the f*cking porridge yet!”
    Have a happy weekend all you beautiful losers ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Peace RT

Nice one RT. Have a fabulous weekend mate. P ???

We women salute you, RT. Of course, if you teach them to make their own porridge (fish) they can feed themselves forever ๐Ÿ™‚

Good morning all – how lovely to read all your posts. Congratulations on losses and overcoming other challenges.

Checking in to let you know I’m still alive, being presumptuous enough to assume of course that you care. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Life’s still very busy but gradually coming back under control. A few weeks ago I was so pressured I felt like running away from everything, so you can imagine what that did for fasting. On analysis I realised that I had gradually been raising the bar higher and higher (eating window of 4 hours and FD intake of 350C which is 25% of my target TDEE) and when under other stresses just couldn’t keep it up. Hence one failed FD after another.

After giving myself a good ‘talking to’ this week I returned to basic IF and found it easy despite other life aspects unchanged and was promptly rewarded by the scales with a 1.9kg improvement, mostly water of course but still good to see.

My other change is that I will soon be going to weight training on Tuesdays so will fast Monday and Wednesday.

I’m only having a short break post-Christmas as OH has two months’ consulting work in Perth from mid-January so will take the opportunity for a real fasting/exercise blitz, having purged/locked away all the temptations after he leaves.

Happy Friday all. Take care and keep up the good work. n xxx

Well done Nicky. Without doubt, if things are going wrong, go back to basics. The KISS philosophy is not wrong. This WOL is meant to be simple and doable, not so complex that we need to be thinking about restrictions every waking moment.
    You sound as if you are back on track. Fantastic ? P

Hi all,

Been AWOL (again) as away for most of the week (again)! Just catching up on all the posts – what interesting reading. Jojo in the Jungle, Purple in the Highlands, Ply and Sarah and LJ celebrating Thanksgiving in the States, never a dull moment around here! We just had a lovely week wandering the Great Ocean Road between Port Fairy and Lorne, lots of walking and lovely beaches but also a fair bit of bread!! Took the travel scales though and decided I would be happy just to ‘maintain’ for the week. Hopefully I have succeeded – tomorrow will tell!

I know just how Mother Bear feels RT, most mothers would! Great to read about AO & Nicky’s return to form, hopefully your busy life will settle down soon Nicky. Also I am really hoping the SA bushfires are over by now. Such a dry part of the country at present, some rain would be wonderful.

Jo I am glad you are having such a wonderful time. A bit concerned when I read of your nocturnal wanderings around Port Douglas though. Last time we were there, there was a croc living on the golf course who used to sun himself on the beach in the early mornings. You could have bumped into anything!!

Purple and Weemam how lovely that you got to meet, I can imagine you had a lot to discuss! It really is amazing the number of ‘meet ups’ that have resulted from this thread.

Hi to everyone else, I apologise if I have missed anyones news – this thread moves way to fast!!
    Now to unpack!

Morning/evening all,

Good to catch up with everyone’s news today. I’ve been dashing around this morning getting food prepared, doing chores etc in order to get everything done before the Davis Cup final starts in twenty minutes :excited: Smiley

Things have been going fairly well this week. I fasted on Moday and intended to do B2B but visiting someone on Tuesday got in the way of fasting although I kept the calories low, was well within TDEE on Wednesday and did half TDEE yesterday. I’m fasting today and all is going well as I’ve just sat down for the first time and will be engrossed in tennis for the next few hours.
    I’ve prepared dinners for the whole weekend including Sunday’s FD. I’m going back to ADF to fit in with all the social arrangements next week which includes going out for lunch M,W and F!
    That means one meal per day every day next week, but I think that is doable ?

Have a good weekend everyone ?

Good evening All,
    Nama, I wish I had read your message earlier because I had to shop in town again, after dark. It’s a good 30 minutes walk from my accommodation which I did alone. Here is me worried about the bird attack(turns out they were flying foxes), yet I should have been worried about crocs. Ok so that’s me done with wandering around Port Douglas in the dark. Luckily I bought supplies enough to last until Monday. Fruit and salad galore.
    Amazon- you were absolutely right. Highlight of my trip was snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef with fish big or small, dull or colourful. Even lunch was great salad, seafood and melon for desert, yum. I even took a trip on the Sub. Great views of the reef and its inhabitants.
    Rest day tomorrow so I will fast. Well done Nicky – that’s progress. PVE- you are an inspiration. RT- thanks for the jokes. Amazon- Enjoy the tennis. Barata- Good to hear from you.

Hello Fast Trackers

I wrote up a post last night and submitted it 2x and nothing oh well its ok ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ nicky -1.9 well done you and AO slipping right back into the IF mode with comfortable confidence yfee has been a little off this week not too bad but enough to see her under a kilo loss this week at 800 grams and is a bit flattened by that but despite my well thatโ€™s better than a gain right ๐Ÿ’ก and letโ€™s not forget your into your into the 80s now in just a few short weeks that hasnโ€™t had the soothing vibe I had hoped for so I simply said we will need to regroup reset and go again for next week and her reply yes that right.. power to the people!!.

Peace RT

Hi RT,

Mrs RT has had another good week, no need for despondency or disappointment!

She made a cracking start and maybe now its just settling into the realms of reasonable expectation? The average weight loss for women is just under 500g per week, so she’s doing amazingly.

I know she’s got fantastic support (you), but women are different from men and do lose weight differently. I know you said we wouldn’t be seeing her here. But if she reaches a low point, and you can’t reach her, don’t be afraid to bring her here?

Good morning All,
    Ok so it is not going to be a fast day, woke up starving so I knew it wasn’t going to work after first cuppa did nothing to help remedy situation. So I had two boiled eggs and plan to have soup later and assess how it goes.
    RT- your wife is losing, that is always a positive. No gain, no pain is my philosophy at the moment. That said I am off to do my steps in the daylight and oppressive heat, should burn off a few calories. Swim later then do some packing. Out tomorrow Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge and Daintree River Cable Ferry, which looks pretty small und unsafe but I am sure it isn’t. Not sure I will try it, we will see. At least some walking involved tomorrow, hopefully not amongst the tree snakes and crocs.

Have a great weekend everyone

Viewing 50 posts - 12,201 through 12,250 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.