Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,601 through 11,650 (of 16,657 total)

• Happy Birthday Jojo, sparklers at midnight, how brilliant!!! I love sparklers, sounds like a brilliant party with good friends. The best kind. I hope you are having a wonderful day today. The sun has been shining all day in celebration. Have fun 🙂

Jojo wishing you a very happy birthday with many more to come! Certainly sounds as though your birthday has started off well.

I am keeping up with the posts but not always replying.

I’m struggling to get back to fasting even though I restrict on two days a week I haven’t managed a true FD.

Feel pleased with myself this evening – entertained by family members at a hotel and saved up my NFD cals for later in the day except for 2 slices wholemeal toast with scraping of olive spread and some coffee for brekkers and a plateful of cooked green veg at lunchtime
    Limited my drinks to a tomato juice and a med glass of white wine and then had soup and fish plus lots of salad missing out potatoes
    Enjoyed some nice Italian bread with jut a scraping of butter and a coffee with no choc mints and still reckon I’ve kept within my limit I’ve set myself – diff to be accurate but I’ve tried to be generous on quantities in the fitness pal calculator- really useful!!

Good morning all.

Amazon, we watched the Australia-Uruguay match last night – the weather certainly looked lovely. My geography is improving as I assumed it was in London but actually in Birmingham. Is Villa Park the home ground of Aston Villa, the soccer team?

Jo, glad your party went well.

Emel, good idea for the gym, it’s close and also open for quite long hours. Will be interested to know your impression.

Good to hear from you AO. Don’t beat yourself up – you’ve had a hard year coupled with the long miserable winter so things will improve.

Good to hear from you too Sarah.

Wee, hope your Dad enjoyed his day out.

Well done pen nib – our posts crossed.

Looking forward to my FDs today and tomorrow to redress the weekend’s indulgences. This week promises to be mild to warm, with 31oC predicted for the week end.

Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

WELCOME to 2015

• Our Phones – Wireless
    • Cooking – Fireless
    • Cars – Keyless
    • Food – Fatless
    • Tires –Tubeless
    • Dress – Sleeveless
    • Youth – Jobless
    • Leaders – Shameless
    • Relationships – Meaningless
    • Attitudes – Careless
    • Babies – Fatherless
    • Feelings – Heartless
    • Education – Valueless
    • Children – Mannerless
    • Country – Godless

We are SPEECHLESS,
    Government is CLUELESS,
    And our Politicians are WORTHLESS !

I’m scared S**tless and find the above “Priceless”!

Good evening all . almost midnight here .

Jojo I hope you had a brilliant day pal .

We did have dad out today and he was brilliant . he keeps asking ” where do I go now” it is just so so sad to see such a lovely man just fade away . But he is still my lovely dad and he looks at me right in the eyes and he just smiles at me from deep within his heart . That makes everything right with the world .

has been a funny day today as it was our eldest and his lovely wife’s 30 anniversary . How can that be when I am only 37 lol?.

We have been on the go all day and then our youngest granddaughter came for a visit . She is loving my knitting and crochet and she wants me to teach her .

I have a crochet hook in my hand most of the time now lol .

I have been so busy today and actually forgot to eat . ME!!! forget to eat lol . So it has been a brilliant fast day .

Well bed time now . Hello and welcome back to lost friends . So lovely to hear from you again ..
    Hugs to all

Wee xxxxxx

Good morning from Melbourne!
    Nicky 24 forecast here today – yay! Loved, loved your quotes – priceless but sad too as so true!
    Hi Aussie Oma – don’t panic, just hang around here and it will rub off – agree with Nicky, you will get there!
    Well done pen nib, your self control muscle is working well!
    Oh Wee – I got goosebumps reading your post. Its wonderful that you treasure your dear Dad so much.
    I wonder if Jojo is in bed yet? I seriously doubt it!!
    Aiming for a good fast day today, the sunshine will definitely help…
    Cheers all xx

Hi All,
    I made it throught the day, on a true under 400 cal.
    1 cup squash
    1cup broccoli
    1 cup cauliflower
    6 oz of chicken
    5 grams- cocoa
    15 grams of coconut butter-
    chicken broth.
    AO – This is not a true fast either but I am happy to get started.
    pen nib- Thank you for posting your food , my fitness pal is where I post sometimes, fantastic for you getting through the day.
    weemam- I agree with Nama, it warms my heart too, I want to love others as deeply and sincerely as you love your dad, it makes living a worthwhile experience.
    Good night all- sending out hugs.

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Got my walk on early this morning and rolled off a 8km before work got in the zone and missed my turn off 😳 A liquid day today I did think a four day bender might be the go I will see tomorrow my body does not like being 68kg much better at 70-71kg so that’s fine I will focus on the jelly belly and a small envelope just on one side due I think to a car accident ten years ago. 19/5 is still the daily format pushing the window out to 5pm -10pm now with the summer time looming Mon-Thurs day fast and 15000 steps in warm glorious sunshine the paddocks are not as green now and signs of yellowing on the tips of the pasture feed drying out for sure.AO I have been thinking of you not around much from a daily poster I’m glad to see you today.
    Nicky quality fun stuff and full of truth albeit (sadly)
    Ok cool cats lets get our fast on 😆
    Eat Fast & Live Longer
    Peace RT

Morning/evening all,

Another sunny morning here. After a couple of weeks of very wet weather in London, we are now blessed with sunny and dry days. Long may they continue.

Nicky, yes Aston Villa do play there. Despite England being official hosts, group matches are spread around the UK which means rugby fans can see a WC match without having to travel too far.There is one in Exeter tomorrow, and they’ve been in Leeds, Gloucester, and a couple of other places that escape my memory at the moment, along with several London venues, Twickenham, Wembley, Olympic Stadium, and Cardiff and Edinburgh (I think)

FD and gym day for me.

Have a good one everybody ?

Good morning one and all. I cannot believe that I am awake as under six hours is simply not enough time for me to recharge my batteries. I am feeling a tad down as my weight is not shifting despite my efforts, oh well , shall commit to a fast today and keep chipping at it. Mmmmm I went to sign up for the gym yesterday but have to wait for a call back. I do not want to lose the momentum so hope I can start by tomorrow. My eldest son returned from his car trip to to Queensland and New Siuth Wales – he drove all day from Victoria to start work at 6 pm and then came and stayed the night with us. He lay on my bed until midnight talking about his experiences – I cannot believe he has grown up and yet still will ( on occasion) chat away as if he was still seven years of age. He has just received confirmation that he is to study in Milan next semester so I have to accept he has indeed ” grown up”.

Good Evening everyone!
    RT-What is a four day bender?
    A liquid fast..do you have any calories at all?
    You probably wrote about in one of the 11,000 posts, I am too lazy to look. Just curious.

Emel- I love my new workout place, I cannot believe I didn’t go to gym for the last 24 years. Before I had my sons I belonged to one. I hope they call you soon. Happy to hear you have a good relationship with your son. Also, I tend to lose weight when I get enough sleep. Eight hours is good for me.

Today I had the right amount of calories. Wednesday will be my second fast day.
    Goodnight everyone.

Hi everyone, taking a few minutes at the end of my lunch break to check in. FD going reasonably well so far (total 70 cals to date) so as long as I keep my cool and stay away from temptations I should finally manage a true FD (I’ve planned on having a light meal tonight of 300 cals, mainly veggies with a tiny piece of chicken, 107 cals of grilled chicken to be exact). Have to run, chat later (btw I’ll try to log in and post each day).

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Good post AO I love the detail with intent that is good stuff, Sarah essentially I just mimic the Doco Eat Fast & Live Longer Dr M presented and have a low calorie cuppa soup in the evening with heaps of black tea green tea black coffee and a shed load of water throughout the day the hardest day for me is day two with days 1 3 and 4 doable I make the point that this is not my advice or recommendation just an answer to a query. Not in the right zone for it this week as we have had some unexpected happenings out at the farm the MIL fell off a ladder while knocking in some nails to stop some iron flapping on the roof of the bird cage we can’t be having that 😆 not bad for 75 god bless her 😉 in hospital for observation etc.
    Peace RT

Good FD yesterday and achieved my goals! Great to put on clothes that are two sizes lower! Finding one size up is now way too big so throwing these things out or going to keep my favourites in reserve and have them all altered professionally when I reach my ideal weight – what a great goal!!
    FD is easier I find when I have things to do which fully absorb my concentration but are also pleasant and enjoyable. If I’m doing something boring or arduous it can be punctuated with pleasant interludes (when I can!)
    Having two cups of coffee with a measured amount of semi skimmed milk keeps me going through a FD and I look forward to a planned scrumptious meal padded out with low cal veg like frozen green beans- that works for me!

Hi everyone. Jojo I hope your birthday celebrations are still bubbling on. One can never celebrate life’s milestones too much 🙂 having lost precious people at younger ages than me I always feel it is a real privilege to grow older. Weemam, you are such a inspiration to me. I really want to get back to knitting. My joints are too painful at the moment. But you give me great hope 🙂 do you think crochet is easier on joints than knitting? I can’t crochet sadly. But could try to learn? RT thank you for your poem ‘you are amazing’. I’m having a tough time at the moment. But I went back and read it again to lift my spirits and comfort me. Thank you. This fasting malarky is quite challenging for us all. This thread always reminds me it can be done. Not without struggle and determination. But when it works. Boy does it open up your life to better health and well being. I am soldiering on in your footsteps, stumbling a lot. But slowly getting there. Happy fasting everyone 🙂

Sorry guys, it’s been pretty full on here. No time to read or write. Thank you all for your well wishes, birthday was amazing. I will catch up later today.
    Love you all
    Your old pal, 60, unbelievable!

Great to hear you are still with us Jojo! As Purple said, 60 is the new 40! Lovely to know all going well, keep us posted when you come up for air!

RT sorry to hear about your MIL, glad she is ok! Ladders are dangerous at any age…
    Sarah RT didn’t answer your question about what a 4 day bender is, I think he is preoccupied. So, its a saying we have when a heavy drinker goes on a drinking spree. Probably an alcoholic. If we say they are on a bender it means they have been drunk for days on end. Most Aussies like a drink, but we are not all that bad! RT was being his usual humorous self, suggesting he was going to fast non-stop for 4 days!

AO I hope your day has gone well. Keep plugging away, you will get there. We all will!

Well done pen nib. Isn’t it great to get comfortably into smaller clothes. I still look at the size label in my jeans, am still incredulous that I can fit easily into a size 12, have to keep checking I am not dreaming. All my previous diets over the last 30 years, I never got lower than a 14 and never stayed there long!

Hi Tessy, nice that you popped over here! I agree with you re Weemam, she inspires a lot of us. And every time I treat myself with an ice cream, I think of her! I think she will be starting a mail order business soon, with all her beautiful crochet work. Churning it out, the woman is a machine!

I spent a few frustrating hours dealing with bureaucrats today as I need a new passport for Vietnam in December. I have gotten to 62, married, travelled to many parts of the world, had kids, been to uni, worked in several responsible jobs and NEVER needed an ‘official’ marriage certificate or a ‘full’ birth certificate before! (It cost a fortune just to apply for these today and I can’t even apply for the passport until they arrive.) I guess there was never such a thing as identity theft or terrorism though! I am feeling older than you at present Jojo! But as you say Tessy, getting older is a privilege!

Good morning all of you lovely people .

Jo jo if you are old I must be ancient lol :).

I got the paint brush out this morning and I have painted the skirting in the back “lobby” as we call it . the wee space at the back door . the sun is shining and it is lovely but a wee bit chilly.

Rt I do a day off here and there pal and I always feel the better for it .

Our DIL kept telling me the other day that I was looking ” wonderful” I just love that girl to pieces ,she is the daughter I always wanted .It was their 30th wedding anniversary yesterday .
    Tessy YES crochet is much easier than knitting as I use my arms a lot knitting . I just LOVE trying all the crochet patterns . I have started another style today and just can’t wait to see how it turns out . Go into U Tube and look for ” crochet Geek ” tutorials . She is great and shows you how t do things step by step .

I love looking at all the trees and garden photos you all post on FB. all the things we can’t grow here and are just so beautiful .
    just looked in the mirror when passing and I must have stuck my hair to the wet paint lol . .
    I am managing to maintain quite well . I LOVE that I can have ” an ice cream blow out” and in a couple of days I am back to where I started . I allow myself a few pound leeway each way ( you know what I mean) .
    When I was on “a diet” and I went off I just said to myself ” what the hell” and kept eating . NOW I think I will be back to FD tomorrow and I don’t feel guilty . I never would have believed that I could ever in my life be happy with how I loo in my clothes . A lot of skin needs a good iron:( . And at 73 the elasticity has all gone BUT I can hide that quite well with 3/4 sleeves and I never have worn mini skirts anyway ..wink wink:) .

off to do my crochet :). My head is full of patterns , Guess what people are getting extra with their Christmas this year??? My 21 year old granddaughter wants me to teach her to knit and crochet . Isn’t that great???

catch up later everyone

Take care

Wee xxx

I wrote this about 20 years ago

KATE MY DAUGHTER IN LAW AND FRIEND

I remember the day I met Alec’s Kate
    I looked out of the window and down passed the gate
    I thought would I like her and would she like me
    I thought what does she eat what would I give her for tea
    I went into the garden and picked some nice flowers
    I tidied and fussed and I polished for hours
    He’d told us so much about Kate Alec had
    As he sat in the house with just Me and his Dad
    I couldn’t stand still and I couldn’t sit down
    The thoughts in my head kept going round and around
    I thought of the future and what it would hold
    I thought of all the nice stories he’d told
    Oh! she’s at the door Alec’s letting her in
    She said Oh! hello and she gave me a grin
    Well from that moment on we’ve been really good friends
    But that’s not where this story ends
    They’ve been married ten years now and as happy can be
    They’ve bought a new house now and live not far from me
    They’ve two gorgeous wee girls now what more can I say
    So when I look back now to that far off day
    All I can think of is HIP! HIP! HORRAH!

Hello Wee,
    What a wonderful poem. You have inspired me to write one about my future DIL, she is an angel and such a good influence on my son. They are a perfect couple, both very sociable and caring towards others. They seem to enjoy every generation they mix with and smile all the time. They live life to the fullest and enjoy their London lifestyle, mostly working long hours, eating out and shopping. All my family and friends adore them and I am glad they have found each other, they compliment each other and their strengths and weaknesses disappear as they help each other through life’s hurdles.
    My daughter hasn’t found her soulmate in life yet, not sure she has ever really looked for one, too busy working, she is a very serious, intense girl. I hope she will be happy in New Zealand. Luckily she already has lots of good friends there to help her settle in Wellington. We chatted with one on Skype yesterday, he is planning to take ‘MamaJo’ to lots of places and was checking my likes and dislikes. I told him people are far more important to me than places, I just love making new friends.
    My party was a great success, saying farewell to lots of family and friends and acquiring lots more jewellery, bags, and 3 compact mirrors to add to my collection. Fortunately my ex gave me money to exchange for dollars( now that is useful)
    Friends just cannot believe I am doing this trip on hand luggage only but when you are travelling as much as I am over the next three months (16 flights), you really don’t want to spend all your time packing and lugging around heavy bags. At the end of the day if I need something I can buy it. I have never been one for lots of lotions and potions anyway, soap and toothpaste, a lipstick and Channel No 5, that’s about it.
    Already made arrangements to meet friends in Melbourne and Sydney, how exciting?
    Now I must get in touch with my cousin in Brisbane, Australia, I have been putting it off until the last minute, goodness knows why, I just didn’t really think I would get to this point, I thought something would prevent my trip.
    On the fasting front things have not gone well, I am almost scared to see the scales in the morning but I know denial won’t help so I will face the music and make a new plan. My travel scales have arrived so there will be no excuses.
    Off to pack my bag and weigh and measure it. Please let it be under 7 kilos!
    Happy sunny, energetic days my friends!

Hello My Fellow Fasters,
    AO you have a great plan.
    RT- Thank you sharing for your plan, I would like to liquid fast with soup, coffee, and tea, I know Jimmy Moore did this for 14 days and with alot of advice. I would have to plan for it.
    Nama – Thank you for explaining the four day bender. Yes, I do think RT did not mean alcohol drinking. Especially when he needs to visit his mother in law. What a sweet man you are RT. How is she doing?
    Also, Nama, I had to go get my marriage license this year because of health insurance. Never had to have an official one until now. We have been married 27 years. I planning to get a passport soon. I guess I need to find my birth certificate.

Wee- I like your post. It reminds me how I look good in my clothes too. Love this fasting.
    Jo jo- I too, like to travel light. You are a minimalist and have money to buy what you need. You go girl. It was your birthday week, scales do not count. Tomorrow you fast.
    Take care,
    I

I loved the poem, Wee. It is so delightful to have such a warm relationship with in-laws.

The marriage certificate was needed to apply for our national super this year, Nama, but I skipped the birth certificate and haven’t heard back. After all, maiden name and parents are on the marriage certificate, so they know who I am (and so do I, RT !!)

It sounds like you had a fabulous celebratory time, Jojo. And of course you are feeling younger all the time with 5:2 ! When are you landing in Wellington?

Happy hump day, all. 🙂

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Yes well spotted Sarah I’m not on a four day bender 😆 Mum is very very sore and sorry for herself right now and a little feisty as she is in the middle of shearing although the farm is leased out and she has no role to play but feels the need to be there anyway and does make awesome fresh cut sandwiches and sultana cake with butter on it that is thicker than the cake 😆 and strong pot tea no tea bag for her. Injuries nil broken bones nil fractures nil bruising massive and some small lacerations on her hands from the iron. Big bump on the back of her head no bra’s for a while so I’m told.. Emphatic she needs to be out before Friday as she sells Royal Flying Doctors tickets outside the bakery then.
    Dr tells us it will be next Monday at the earliest however. Thanks for asking Sarah the circle of life is strong
    Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.
    — Jim Rohn
    Peace RT

Oh your poor MIL RT, she must be so sore! She sounds like a girl after my own heart, sandwiches, sultana cake and strong tea!! I am sure the shearers love her.

Out to lunch today and managed just to have a plate of yummy roast veggies, feeling very pure! Then to a nursery to buy plants for long weekend at Jamieson, hope the forecast sunshine happens. Our football Grand Final happens on Saturday, should be a great match. One team from Western Australia and one from Victoria, great rivalry. Busloads of fans travelling 2 days across the Nullabor for the game, they will be too tired to watch the game after that! Some of them cant afford the $2000 airfare, so just pay $600 for the privilege of the bus ride! Think the airlines are being opportunistic…

Friends I lunched with told me not to lose any more weight, I just smiled and nodded.

Hi Fast Trackers,
    Very windy here for the past two days, getting me ready for Windy Wellington next Wednesday afternoon. It would be fabulous to meet up, let’s set a date on Facebook.

Two weeks in Wellington before I travel around the South Island. It all seems very real now. My bag is packed and I’m ready to go.( a song I think)

My scales of truth were brutal this morning so I am in full deprivation mode until we fly.
    Seriously how can I still manage to gain 1lb per day when not on the program. Too much cake and bread I guess, oh and chips of course. Why oh why don’t I learn?

Back on track again and hoping its a fluid gain thing.
    RT – so sorry about your Mum, what a scare! Hope she recovers soon.

Afternoon all,

RT, I hope I get to your MiL’s age in as good health as she is. She sounds feisty enough to make a full recovery!

Nama, two friends have told me not to lose any more weight. The first one said I was getting wrinkles so I reminded her how old I am and said they’ve been there a long time but they were stretched by fat so she’s never noticed them before! The second one has always been slimmer than me until now………

Hi Jojo, I’ve being weighing every day as an experiment and my weight went up 4lbs in one day and down 5lbs in another, so I’m going back to once a week!

I spent yesterday at a PYO farm and came home with onions, kohl rabi, sweetcorn, carrots, beetroot, squashes, pumpkin, French beans, cabbage, apples, plums and raspberries. I also bought potatoes, tomatoes, pickling onions and courgettes from the farm shop.

I’ve been to the farm shop before but not the PYO farm and was surprised to find that it is huge and I had to drive from one crop to the next. It wasn’t too busy as it is nearing the end of the season, but still plenty on offer. I didn’t pick marrows as they had such a lovely variety of squashes on offer, but did pick a small pumpkin which I don’t have very often.
    They had strawberries too but I can’t eat everything and the autumn raspberries are beautiful. It was such a shame to see so many apples and plums on the ground, but I guess they rot into the soil and keep it fertile.

I’ve pickled the onions and am in the process of making Indian spiced courgette chutney and carrot, garlic and ginger pickle. I have already blanched and frozen some of the beans, carrots and kohl rabi, and frozen some of the plums.
    Later I’ll make a huge pot of veggie chilli, and I’m going to cook, puree and freeze some of the apples.

I am really enjoying myself. I’ve not made any chutney for three years as I had so much, but I’ve only fot a couple of small jars left so time to stock up!

I’ve finally got an appointment for a physiothery assessment but it isn’t until mid October. Having waited so long I’m going to wait until then rather than pay for private treatment.

I can hardly believe how good the weather is at the moment, there is not a cloud in the sky today 😛

Amazon,
    Your PYO Farm sounds great, what a variety of vegetables. I have been picking and cooking the last of my apples but the wind here has ensured all the apples have fallen. Saved me climbing up which is a good thing as I am not keen to be up a ladder, too risky. I use a picker stick which collect most of the highest ones.
    I think you are disciplined re weighing weekly, I tend to cheat on non weighing days, sad but true. What the scales don’t see and all that, but of course they really do.
    I have been weeding and cutting back in the garden today, boring job but it has to be done or else I will come back to a jungle(again). I have dug out all the fast growing shrubs and will replace these with more sensible choices, camelias and clematis.
    Now for a long soak in the tub to rescue my back. As for there not being a cloud in the sky its because they have all been blown away, it has been really windy here, quite challenging in fact.
    Light salad for dinner tonight, fast day went well but I have been feeling a little nauseas today. I also had one hellava nose bleed this morning, had to pack it to stop it. Probably just pre trip anxiety.

Hi Jojo,

I was impressed with the variety available at this time of year. I intend to go more often next year.

I’ve just had my veg chilli which was delicious, followed by one of the apples I picked yesterday. Cooking all day doesn’t make me want to eat,strange but true. Another FD almost over. I am still struggling on non fast days but nowhere near as badly as a few weeks ago. I need to be stricter and ADF is a good routine for me as I can’t do too much damage in one day, whereas two successive days can be a disaster!

My back is very painful at the moment and I’ve got a heat pack on plus I’m taking anti inflammatories. I decided not to go to the gym this morning but see how it feels tomorrow and if it is still very sore go for a swim only.

I’ve never suffered from nosebleeds, the only one I remember having is when a friend’s five year old nephew accidentally head butted me when I was tickling him. Poor little chap was horrified when my nose started dripping blood everywhere!

You must be very excited. when do you leave, is it next week?

Dear Amazon, please can I come and stay with you, eat your veg chilli, enjoy your apples and then come home with a little jar of Indian spiced courgette chutney or carrot, garlic and ginger pickle, yum 🙂

Hi Tessy,

You would be most welcome ?

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Hi Amazon yes she is a bloody trooper I reckon half of the small town here has been to visit her and y-fee and I need to make an appointment to get into see her 😆
    The general feeling through the family and her many many friends is 50/50 from what were you thinking? How could you be so stupid ? your too old for that you should have known better and you could of killed ya self etc. To good on you for having a go for having the confidence and the belief that you can still climb a ladder with a hammer in one hand and some nails in the other that is awesome and you are a champion fantastic effort brilliant and I have to say I am most definitely in the later group.
    Ok people lets get our Thursday fast on
    Peace RT.
    As most of

Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.
    — Jim Rohn
    Ok RT- you hit my sweet spot. I think Jim Rohn is awesome, and with my mom having alzhiemers, having 20 year old sons, and just having family. This is an inspiring quote. Thank you. Family – is the most important thing in my life.

Amazon- I do not know about you, but friends should encourage you no matter what you look like. It is the heart that counts. I love the come backs you have for them. This is your journey… not theirs. I better take my own advice.

Jo- Jo a long soak in the tub sounds divine.

I am going to bed early tonight to just be still, it seems I am always moving, and never quieting the mind. I tried to fast today but ate too much. I had three meetings with parents and the superintendent of schools.(IEP’s) The meetings went fine but my brain worked too hard and needed food. I admit I am an emotional over eater. I will plan the right foods for tomorrow and visualize success.
    Happy Fasting!

RT so glad your MIL is on the mend, my Dad did something similar in his late 70’s, I think it was 79, but never fully recovered but that was due to him already having early onset of Dementia and this just seemed to exacerbate it.

Amazon I agree with Sarah, don’t let your friends stop you from getting where you want to be, weight/size wise.

My FD didn’t work on Tuesday as my darling OH decided he’d make dinner for us which was planned for Wednesday, and there’s no way I could say no after all his efforts and as I cannot, at the moment, do B2B today’s the only FD for this week (I have explained, again, to my lovely why we need to keep to certain days for the other meals and he’s said he’ll keep to this from now on).

Had physio Tuesday and am still suffering from this, was in tears last night from the pain, I noticed that my arm was rather swollen and it was visible to others and it is still giving me grief today and is still swollen so I’m going to my Dr to get it checked (feels tight & swollen but also very heavy).

Take care all 🙂

Poor you Aussie Oma, sounds horrible, what a time you have had from that broken arm. We really don’t heal as quickly or as well later in life. I have my last Physio appt today. She only really does acupuncture for me because it has been such a success. Maybe you should try some? You need at least three treatments minimum. Last week she hit a nerve with one needle, I nearly leap off the table. It burned for about ten minutes then settled down. I hope she is more careful today. I have to get the bus to the hospital today as my son stole my car Monday, he is using it while his own is in the garage. He is going to sell it in London for me, time for a change when I return. Convertible for me next, I love to drive with the top down, makes driving such a pleasure.

Amazon, I have only had three nose bleeds before, two of them were due to high blood pressure when I was very fat. I am getting my blood pressure checked today but it is not always reliable as I have ‘white coat syndrome’ , I don’t think it is fear of doctors but fear of pain. It really hurts, not just uncomfortable, my veins are still quite hard to find in my fat arms. My sons veins are like tram lines, so much more convenient for blood doning and tests. I end up like a pin cushion each time while they stab about in the dark.

Scales dropped 3 lb today thank goodness but still 3 more to go to hit lowest again. I really am worried about controlling my eating on this trip. So much easier when I was in my flat, it has been a nightmare living with the family again. Contantly surrounded by temptation. They love their cakes, chocolate and treats. I just keep telling myself I can power on through but evening are not going well.

So looking forward to meeting Fast Trackers in New Zealand and Australia, It may be the encouragement I need to keep fasting. Just discovered that my cousin is right off the beaten track from Brisbane, Kawungan, 3.5 hours away by road. Hope we can plan a meet up as I doubt I will be back his way again. He is mid 70’s now, I haven’t seen him since my mothers funeral 15 years ago. He married an Australian girl when he was in the Navy, they have lived both in the UK and Aus over the years but retired to the warmer climes, don’t blame them.

Must get on, the gardening beckons.
    Fasting again today. Good luck any other Thursday Fasters, be strong to get along.

Ps RT wishing your MIL well, bruises are more serious for the elderly, we can’t afford to waste our blood on non vital organs. That head bump doesn’t sound too good either. My mother was just like yours always doing crazy and dangerous things around the house. She got stuck up the loft once because the ladder fell over, she was there several hours before we found her, she was in her 80’s then.

Big hugs AO. So sorry you are still suffering from that arm. X

Hi i started 5:2 in Sept first 2 week lost over 3kgs and the last 2week nil point – nothing stayed the same:( . I did the same thing completed all my fast and logged all calories also for NFD as well. I think my body just wants to hold on to the fat a bit longer – but no its got to go and soon i hope :). Have a nice day.

Hello Fast Trackers
    AO disturbing to read of your difficulties may the force be with you and these freebies put a smile on ya dial 😆
    HOW TO STAY YOUNG
    1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height.
    2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
    3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’
    4. Enjoy the simple things.
    5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath and your belly hurts.
    6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
    7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your place. Do with it what YOU want?
    8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help from someone who looks healthy and fit.
    9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
    10. Tell the people you love that you love them, and at every opportunity.
    AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!
    Worry about nothing, appreciate and be grateful about everything!!!
    Peace RT

RT
    Wise words if in our decrepitude we can remember them ha ha
    Keep your mind and body active guys
    On that note I am off to walk my pooches, I am going to miss them so badly.
    I may need to get a pet fix on my journey, lots of visits to zoos, aquariums, sea life experiences( maybe not shark or croc infested waters though)

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I must admit the constant pain does pull me down at times, but more so when it is like now. Dr has advised no physio for a couple of weeks, a course of stronger pain relief (oxycontin) for those two weeks plus some anti-inflammatory meds. So it feels like almost back to square one. Sorry if I appear to be moaning that us really not my usual style and will endeavour to not complain for as long as I can, hopefully this will be the last 🙂

Will catch up tomorrow … Thinking of you all, Jojo not long until your trip now, Wee love the knitting and crochet, RT thanks again as without you I would not have a sore tum from laughing so hard 🙂 must run cheers AO 🙂 , again thank you to everyone just for being here 🙂

Hi AO,
    Please, don’t apologise for complaining – you have had a terrible time and real friends do not mind listening! It must have been a really bad break. Obviously the physio is being a bit over enthusiastic, esp if your arm is swelling, glad the doc said to ease off. Take those oxycontin and get some relief you poor thing!
    Pain is so exhausting and you have had more than your share. Hopefully you can get some sunshine over the next few days too. I wouldn’t try to fast, just try to eat sensibly for now.

Thanks for the funnies RT. I hope you enjoy the Grand Final. Oh gosh if the Hawks win their 3rd I may have to drag out Collingwoods record of the most consecutive GF wins ever (four). OK it was in the 1930s! Future DIL is going, she is very excited.

Amazon, I am wondering if you have stopped cooking, bottling and freezing yet, you industrious woman! Your farm trip sounded fabulous, so satisfying making all those things! I have a tree with ripening cumquats at present, they will have to be used for marmalade or chutney. Plus a small valencia orange tree, which provides a few jars of marmalade every year. I am usually making plum puddings by now, but have decided to have a year off as we will be away in Vietnam for xmas and I am usually the one who eats the leftovers!
    Looking forward to meeting up with Jojo in November, who would have thought that would happen when I joined this thread last year!

Right now looking forward to 4 days of sunshine and gardening at Jamieson, who wouldn’t love spring! Last chance to relax before the build up for the wedding next Friday….

Hi all,

AO, I’m so sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain, but I’m not surprised as when you told us you were having surgery I realised that it was a bad break and would take a long time to heal. Rest, try to relax, take the painkillers and moan away to us as often as you feel the need.

I am intent on getting to a healthy weight and staying there. The only friend who has said anything negative needs to lose some weight herself so is feeling envious. I hope it spurs her into action, and it doesn’t bother me. It’s my life and I have no-one to rely on so have to look after myself.

Nama, I’m still busy in the kitchen. I’ve got pickled onions, courgette chutney and carrot pickle in the store cupboard, small apple and raspberry tarts in the freezer (mince pie size)apple and raspberry filling also stashed in the freezer. I’ve made coleslaw with the lovely green and red cabbage, carrots and onion which will go well with my lamb chop and sweetcorn this evening.

Everything I have left will keep for a while, but I want to make a squash and prawn curry. A nice hot one with coconut milk in the sauce, so not for fast days. Maybe I’ll do that next week…..

The weather is still fine, blue sky and sunshine but with a fairly stiff breeze that is blowing the washing dry. Autumn is definitely here.

I gave the gym a miss this morning. My back is much better today but I thought another day of rest would be a good idea so I’ll go tomorrow and do a big walk on Saturday if the weather stays dry.

Hello Fast Trackers
    This year’s grand final will be played in very warm conditions Nama and it should be a pressure first quarter and not surprisingly I am on the coasters the eldest son’s team and it will be a family affair in his shed only 3 teams have won 3 flags or more b2b in a hundred years so the history is strong good luck to your future DIL she will be out of her mind most of the day I’m sure and a Friday wedding that’s different how very unique time is flying by next week will be a blur. I will re tell our wedding story of the 2nd second son another time it was a scene from four weddings and funeral 😆
    Peace RT

Welcome foomsy,
    We have all had the same experience, quick loss then weight freeze, just stick with it, it works but you need to have a long term approach. If you are doing everything right it is possible to lose 1 lb per fast day but realistically we all have too many cals on non fast days so most lose 1 lb per week. The first three months of fasting are the worst because there is a withdrawal from high levels of sugar. I had headaches and a foul temper and couldn’t sleep on fast nights. But I stuck it out and now fasting is a way of life.
    Good evening all, actually I have just niticed it is morning. I have been watching a very depressing film with Keira Nightly-Silk. I wouldn’t recommend it.
    Acupuncture went well, last treatment, now I just need to carry on with my twice daily stretches for physio. I have to say that I am mightily impressed with my treatment. Pain levels have gone from continuous day and especially night time to occasional when physically stress e.g. Walking up hills. 13 years of pain resolved 70 % with 9 acupuncture sessions and thrice daily stretches. All I can say is never give up.
    Goodnight and Bless you all

Hi,
    I read everyone’s posts. Too tired to respond, but happy to know you are posting. AO I hope you find relief.
    Good night all. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday

Hi everyone:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey, Tessy and Iona72 in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in US
    DJ in Canada;

Wee, such a lovely poem about your DIL. Fantastic to have such a good relationship. Yes, time flies AND also compresses. How else could your son have his 30th wedding anniversary and you only still 37? 😉 Good to hear your dear Dad is still happy and able to get around.

Nama, warm-hot few days to come here. Have a fabulous planting time at Jamieson. What a pain having to deal with bureaucrats. When I got my last passport also couldn’t believe that my ‘original’ marriage certificate, complete with confetti in the envelope, wasn’t considered the ‘real’ certificate. I understood when the patient PO assistant said that those certificates can be bought at newsagents. Do you think there would be a market for Wee’s crochet baby things in footy team colours? Maybe we could pinch her ideas and go into business here in Oz. Like RT, will be cheering for the Eagles – we non-Melbourne types have to stick together. 😉

RT, thanks for the laughs. We drove to Mt Barker the other day and also noticed the grass is starting to get a tinge of yellow in some places. Green grass doesn’t last long in our dry climate does it? A four-day fast/bender? I am in awe of your determination and strength of will but not for this little black duck. Your dear MIL’s fall is worrying but I understand her attitude. Why should she ask for help for something as simple as nailing a bit of iron down? Hope she’s out of hospital soon – not surprised you’re in the encouraging group. I’m about 5 years younger and still get onto the roof to blow the leaves off and out of the gutters when OH can’t for whatever reason. Always did it when he was away for weeks at a time for work and figure if I can still get up there I can still do it. Of course careful, having 3 points in contact with something firm at all times, and I always tie the ladder off for extra stability. You’re so right about family life needing to be cultivated. It takes work to maintain a good relationship otherwise it withers away from neglect, just like a plant.

Amazon, thanks for sorting out my geography. When the cricket WC was in Australia and New Zealand the matches were spread around so the locals could be near a venue at least once. A good idea IMO and also simplifies scheduling the matches. Your cooking and preserving efforts are so impressive. I love to look in the freezer and pantry and feel I could withstand a siege. Sorry you are still having back trouble, hope the long-awaited physio treatment gives you some relief. You’re wise to focus on activities that don’t cause pain. Good responses to your friends: it’s your life, your body and your health!

Emel, lovely story of your almost grown-up son. Sometimes our ‘so mature’ offspring forget their dignity and the younger version peeps out. Milan next semester – how exciting for him, and a trifle worrying for you no doubt. Any progress on the gym front?

AO, sorry to hear the healing seems to be a little in reverse. Hopefully it’s only a temporary situation but go easy on yourself. Are you still working part time? As Nama says, take the meds and easy does it.

Pen nib, well done on achieving your FD goal. So satisfying, isn’t it?

Jo, your departure time is closing in quickly. You say you’re in full deprivation mode. Don’t forget you can also fast on the plane – it’s really so much simpler than eating the rubbish airline food (assuming you’re not travelling first class). I have done it a few times now, although only within Australia so maximum 3 hours but it was an early flight and I just continued for the rest of the day. I was busy with meetings and was able to look at the inevitable plates of muffins, biscuits and sandwiches with amazing (for me) calm, just drinking water and black tea. I had a hard-boiled egg and a banana in my bag and ended up eating them in the taxi to the airport at the end of a very long day. I like to travel light too – it’s not called the white man’s burden for nothing. My best was 8kg in a suit pack for a 3-week trip to the UK, starting in a sleeveless dress and sandals and getting off the plane in boots, trousers, jumper and overcoat, which had been in my hand baggage.

Welcome foomsy – not surprising that you lost lots at the beginning and then slowed down. It happened to most of us. Be patient, this is a marathon not a sprint. The loss will continue and the health and wellbeing benefits will inevitably flow.

Another failed week of fasting for me but next week is another opportunity. Don’t really know what’s wrong but my heart is clearly not in it, otherwise I would not be having any trouble. Have been faffing around the overweight-obese boundary now for weeks. Some people take one DAY at a time but I need to focus hour-by-hour when not at work to avoid absent-mindedly reaching for a snack from the hoard of sweet and savoury stuff OH keeps in the house. I know exactly how you feel Jo – it’s a nightmare! At least today I have at 5pm so far avoided eating between meals and the meals have been within my target TDEE.

Hope you all had/will have a happy Friday. Thanks for the posts – you keep me sane. n xxx

Jojo, so glad to read the acupuncture worked, especially with your long trip coming up. It was the only thing that worked for me, and our symptoms sounded very similar.

Good morning All,
    I have planned vegetarian meals on the long flights, most of the shorter flights I have booked do not include food, so they should be ok. I certainly won’t be doing the snacks, keeping to water and green tea( taking my own) and hopefully an aisle seat near the loos. As for travelling first class, no chance, strictly economy for me.

My schedule is pretty full on so I need to keep my wits about me. Today I am transferring everything into my electronic diary, just in case my paperwork gets lost( heaven forbid). I have to remember to book seats and confirm things in advance and find the correct meeting points for events and transfers. It’s lucky I am already a silver surfer because I think I may acquire a few grey hairs on this trip.

Yes Silva, recommend acupuncture, very effective.
    It has been a very emotional week, saying farewell to friends and watching my daughter pack up her belongings and relocate for good to sunnier climes. I do hope she has made the right decision. When or if she has a family I won’t be able to support her, she will need to choose her MIL with great care( teehee). I know I relied heavily upon my mother, God bless her.

I am trying to get to grips with not being here for the Christmas run up, perhaps I should do my cards this weekend? Ha ha. One weekend left, keeping myself very busy so no time to panic.
    Wind died down here so all to the good, sun shining so all is good with the world.
    Keep fasting, keep walking, keep smiling.

Thanks for the welcome and advice JoJo and NickyF.

I have done 5:2 in the past but just restarted again. I am doing a little experiment on how TOM affect weightloss. I read something about it on the internet so just seeing if its true for me or not. its going to take about 2-3months though.
    In the past when i weighed myself weekly i lost between 1-2lbs for a while and then stop and then really big loss like about 5lbs then a stall again. From this method i think i am one of those that the weight just holds on and on then just falls off in a woosh once in a while. So great perseverance is needed.

The main thing for me now is just to focus and stick with it as i tend to do it well for a month or so and then slide back. looking good so far as this is my second month now – so fingers crossed and with everyones encouragement and comments it will be done.

At moment i am 81kg and my overall goal is 70kg. I am 5ft8

Morning/evening all,

Another lovely sunny day here. No gym again as my back is very stiff and sore despite stretching, anti inflammatories and heat packs. At least physio is in sight.

Nicky, I love to have a full freezer and I like it to be a mix of raw foods and home made ready meals. That means there is no excuse for takeaways as there is always something that can go from freezer to plate in ten minutes with the aid of a microwave.
    I have a variety of meals 300-350 calories for fast days, plus some others with around 500 calories. I’ve also got some treats stashed away, raspberry and apple tarts and apple and plum cake which has been frozen in slices. It doesn’t do well in the microwave so eating it has to be planned and the tarts need to be cooked so I can’t open the door and be eating one in seconds!
    Don’t worry about not being able to fast at the moment, it’ll pass and you’ll be back on the downward journey soon enough. I’ve been gaining and losing the same few lbs for months now and am still struggling but I’ve set myself a target date to reach goal and haven’t given up on succeeding.
    I think my current lack of willpower is due to the now constant pain which is starting to make me miserable and I’m sure that’ll improve as soon as I start my physiotherapy. I’ll continue to fast and work extra hard on non fast days not to dip into the treats too often.

Jojo, You must be so excited about your trip. You’ll have a wonderful time, and there is plenty of really good healthy food available across Australia and I’m sure the same goes for NZ.
    Lots of lovely fish and seafood, and if eating out in the cities plenty of opportunities for Asian style spicy foods that you love. If you can continue to fast a couple of days per week you’ll be able to maintain and doing it while travelling is an excellent idea as you won’t be missing out on the opportunity to try a fab restaurant or local speciality while sitting on a plane.

Have a good weekend everybody ?

Thanks Amazon,
    You know me so well, Asian food is my first love, followed by French which is not quite as healthy(at least the dishes I like best with cream sauces). But I am happy with interesting salads and adore fish and seafood.

I am feeling nervous, it has been such a long run up to this trip, bet you are all fed up with hearing about it. First time I have been further than Europe apart from a week in New York. Next year I am planning to see the national parks in the States, that could be a long trip too. I have already got my travel consultant looking into it.

Not fasting today as I have food to use up from the freezer before I depart. Also there is a huge food fair in town, that is a must. Wish you were all here, sun shining, glorious day.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,601 through 11,650 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.