Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,251 through 11,300 (of 16,657 total)

• Afternoon all

Happy I fasted on Sun, Tu, Th, Sun and this week it’ll be Tu, Th, Sat but I might do B2B Th and F depending on my weekend plans. Thursday was a very unhealthy fast as I had a slice of cake and a glass of wine ?
    I feel much happier at having got back into the routine and feel confident that I can stick with it for the next three months which should get me to goal.

Nicky, a flat white won’t ruin a FD.

I’ve spent the morning at the gym and then went to the supermarket. I talked myself out of a croissant and/or a danish pastry, but did buy a roll which was filled with bacon for brunch. I was going to have potatoes with my steak this evening, but as I’ve had bread I’ll just have some green veggies.

When I was unpacking and putting away my groceries I found a pack of plain chocolate covered ginger that I bought when I was away last week. I am now trying to erase it from my memory πŸ˜†

Is is an epidemic of Australian flu…….
    Seriously, I hope AO, Nama and Emel all feel better soon.

Great that Jim has had his other eye done. He’ll need 20/20 vision in order to catch sight of the ever shrinking Wee πŸ˜‰

I don’t eat until lunchtime most days, but my eating window isn’t set in stone. I think 16.8 is fine and anything stricter deserves a pat on the back for those of you with the willpower to do it, but I don’t want to be watching the clock every day and feeling miserable because I’ve opted for a window that is too narrow for my needs, and I know that is what would happen.

Time for more coffee.

Good afternoon everyone . back to being a cold day again today .

AO I hope you feel better soon pal .

You are all doing so well . I am back o my lowest weight again and I am finding the maintaining OK at the moment .

Bought myself a pair of white linen trousers today and I love them . need to cut about 10 inches off the legs though lol . crop trousers are about he ” normal” length for me lol .

Jim gets the op on Friday morning . he has to be at the hospital for 8 AM . I will drop him off then come home and wait for him to call when it is all done . It is about a 20 min drive .

I love reading all the posts about what you are all getting up to . fair makes my day xxx

Hope you find the right combination Nama fisherman’s friend is not for me terrible muck I say πŸ˜† I much prefer the very butch butter menthol any day.
    Footy it has been a good season for us and well some teams are on the slide some are on the up and others are over achieving IMO I am off to the Adelaide Oval for Sundays match with the 3 eldest lads we are heading up Saturday afternoon staying in a hotel Saturday night then the early game and back home for tea. Eldest lad is Weagles second son Pies and 3rd is Demons they are going for the experience and a weekend away with Dad and Lad time the major outcome and winner.
    Even though I know the step count for my present walking track I still monitor the count with the iPhone app. even though I know 1 egg 1 piece of bacon 2 Woolworth’s whole meal toast 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 220gram tin of spc spaghetti tomato & cheese is a total of 535cal I still enter in to MFP
    Maybe I should seek counseling again πŸ˜‰ I have removed the doubt and found my doable on my study of one so I can keep on keeping on. This way of life living and loving every minute it is indeed a sheer privilege to be alive to cherish every moment.
    Peace RT

Good Morning All,
    Yesterday’s 5 mile walk was an endurance test as it was raining heavily throughout. There were some very steep and never-ending hills which really took their toll both on bum cheeks and breath. There was flooding in other areas do we were wading through shin high water. We were sweating under our waterproofs from the strain. So glad to get to the pub at the end and strip off( not everything obviously). We steamed away before a big log fire for 10 minutes before taking our seat. I had a small portion of veg curry(first time I have eaten rice in months) then creme brΓ»lΓ©e ( yum). Strange mixture but other choices were Gypsy Tart or Lemon Posset or Brownies and custard.
    Still sticking to 19/5 both Fast and Non Fast Days but move the start times to suit myself. Always 2 meals not one, usually soup for one.
    Haven’t weighed in for a few days as just too busy. My cat sitting job still going well, Weed is a sweety. Slept well last night and hip and knee pain generally better on the whole, not gone but less of an issue especially at night. Still having Physio and acupuncture. Hope your treatment starts soon Amazon.
    AO, Nama and Emel- get well soon. I drink Jagermeister when poorly, numbs the throat and brain plus you sleep like a log. Naughty but nice.
    Good luck Jim with the operation. Wee I think we are suffering some of your Scottish weather, not liking it one bit.

Time to drag myself out of bed, busy few days planned clearing out and seeing friends and family.

Hi everyone, hope those who are not well are feeling an improvement.
    Jojo for a change we have had lovely weather here up north the last few days, hope it continues that way! I finally got to the gym yesterday, not been for about a month, feeling it today! FD went well yesterday, was ready for it after a little too much rhubarb cider at the weekend! Off to Scotland tomorrow for a few days, lots of walking- FD on return!
    Good attitude RT, be should all be more thankful for our short time here on planet earth!
    Stay strong, we can do this!

Ha ha Jo, think you must be a soft southerner after all! A log fire after a walk in the rain…in August?! You’ve clearly been spoilt by all that nice weather you’ve had down south πŸ™‚

Glad to hear you slept better, long may it last.

Iona, enjoy Scotland. Don’t forget your base layers and waterproof!

If I was a soft Southerner Happy I would have stayed in the Pub for the duration of the walk. Ha ha, but I know what you mean, us coastal folk have the same feelings about ‘soft’ city folk. They call a breeze a strong wind when they visit the beach. Trust me we do get some adverse weather here but usually only November to March. I appreciate you get a raw deal North of Watford, it’s why I stay here, hot house flower, that’s me!

Off to bowls, not raining for a while but due for more

Morning/evening all.

I have to say the thought of a log fire in August is mind boggling although when I was in Tasmania in Jan 2004 it was an unseasonally cold summer and the hotel had a huge log fire in the bar which we were all very grateful for as all of us only had light summer clothing which was insufficient ?

The sun is shining but the rain will be back by 1pm so I’m going to Kew Gardens shortly to make the most of it. FD today so I must keep busy. There is a huge pile of ironing in the corner that might get done this afternoon unless I can find something else to do πŸ˜‰

Have a good one everybody ?

Jojo, as you are visiting New Zealand in October you are likely to have the full benefit of the equinoxical storms (which don’t stop in September). It’s not called Windy Wellington for nothing! I haven’t actually been blown over yet, though. πŸ™‚

Hi all, yea in the hills we are having an epidemic…I have had two teachers out again this week. I am coughing with post viral Aetna and we are still sending children home.
    FD are not working for me this week but hoping to get there tomorrow.

Hiya Barata,
    I realise that I will be ‘at risk’ weather wise in October in New Zealand. We will be in Wellington for the first two weeks then ‘ doing the South Island’ the next two weeks before we head to Australia. My daughter lived in Wellington for two years so she is very familiar with the weather.
    It is getting very close to the start of the trip now, getting excited.

Lol Jojo I am glad you like the rain pal . πŸ™‚

We have had another lovely day today . I got a cold call at 8 AM and that was me up for the day ( early for me) had 6 stupid calls today and managed to ban 4 of them . Doing my head in lol x

Got into the hut( outside shed) cleaned out though and that was something we have been meaning to do for some time . 3 loads of washing out too .

Our lovely young neighbour from next door came in for a visit . We laughed so much Jim came downstairs to see what was so funny :).

he gets his eye op on Friday morning ..

Take care everyone xxxxxx

Jo,

I hope you’re not suffering too many ill effects from your walk? Bum not too sore…?!

I must admit I reneged on my commitment to go for a run last night because the heavens opened before I left home. If I’d been out I would have carried on, but to set out when it was raining stair rods…I’m not that committed?!

Wee,

I hope all goes well on Friday. I hope you’re not getting too anxious! You’ve not hit the ice cream yet though…?

Hiya happy . I am fine at the moment . Jim is looking forward to it and I am sure they will be more careful this time after what happened last time . I wish it were friday afternoon though :). I am being really good at the moment BUT might need my ice cream on Friday night πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ .

Thanks all for the kind thoughts I have passed them on

Wee xxx

SO GREAT !

Morning all,
    Up early and showered so I can get an early start to London, it’s two hours by train.
    Can’t wait to meet two friends and go to the Tate Gallery which I will tell you about tomorrow. Dinner with my son tonight and I finally get to stay at his new London flat in Paddington. Very trendy area I understand.
    It’s filthy weather here again so I won’t be missing sub and fun on the beach. My dogs are already giving me guilty looks, I don’t leave them often and they know me well. My daughter will take good care of them so I refuse to feel guilty. One of my friends will be dog walking while I am away which puts my mind at rest. She has known them most of their lives so as far as they are concerned she is family. My other dog walker got a job in Preservation in Africa, good luck to him, his first job in his qualifying field since he left University 8 years ago. He has been gardening, decorating and dog walking for all that time whilst applying for jobs. I do not envy the young people finding jobs now, I was offered anyone of 10 jobs when I left school without a qualification to my name. Of course I spent the next 20 years acquiring bits of paper which helped me earn a little more( or not) sometimes.
    No fast for me today, happy hump day all.

Morning/evening all

Yesterdays fast day was cancelled due to a bout of mindless grazing that started late in the evening and only ended when I had eaten the last slice of bread. Not a good day but that’s the way it goes occasionally. I’m not changing my plans for the week so the next FD will be tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be able to stick with it.

Have a good one everybody πŸ™‚

Amazon,
    We all have days like that honey, life just kicks you in the groin some days. If only we could find comfort outside of food. I am working on it!

Hi all
    Enjoy your time in London, JoJo.
    I love your expression “mindless grazing”, Amazon. I know that feeling. I am in step with you at present. I have stuck to ADF for three weeks now, but late at night I eat a few nuts, and have to work hard not to eat more and more and more…… chomp chomp.
    I often have trouble sleeping on fast days (fast nights really) My method to sleep is to imagine a map of Africa and go around naming the countries to myself. If I get around I go through the landlocked ones, and then the capitals. Does anyone else find sleeping on fast days more difficult? Any solutions?

I hope the Australian contingent are on the mend. Where are you, Purple and Bayleaf??
    I hear you are having atrocious weather at present on the east coast.
    Nama, I now know what a mandoline is, or at least my thumb does. The word in French for that nasty object is different (French of course), but cut thumbs are multilingual.

Wee, thinking of you and Jim on Friday. All cyber thoughts on that day.
    Enjoy Scotland, Iona.
    Happy, what are you eating from the garden at present?
    We have a lot of eating to do before leaving in 4 weeks time.

It’s glorious in the south of France today- good for tomato-ripening. The Alps are clear right to the Italian border. We are off to the Mediterranean Coast(200km away) for the weekend with family flying in from London, Rome, la RΓ©union island, Amsterdam and Mexico City. I am fasting tomorrow and Friday to allow a few calories for the weekend.

I am finding the ADF relatively easy, but I am finding losing kilos more difficult. I am now 33% fat, and still about 10kg from the goal. I do find that even with the same calories, on the days when I drink a lot of water, I lose more grams. Is it the push effect? Wink! Smirk!
    Happy days.
    Wiwi

Wiwi, those after-dinner munchies are my last hurdle. Doing well tonight, just three squares of Whittakers 72% chocolate (have to support the local brand, never eat Cadbury now). Plus wine, goes without saying, but that doesn’t seem to have any affect. What do you do with all the garden produce that you cannot eat in the next four weeks? I have a freezer…. A date for a Friday meeting at the usual place in October?

Good idea Barata. Say 30 October!

I got fined $400 by Customs last year because I brought an apple from my tree in France and forgot to eat it enroute. Better to eat all the veggies before, I think and give you Mr Watties.
    Whittakers is wonderful and we still have some. Nzers always bring Whittakers peanut slabs for expats lost in a sea of French, Belgian, and Swiss chocolate. Quel enfer!

I can feel NZ in my bones and what a great feeling!

xx Wiwi

Hi Wiwi,

It’s been a funny old season, colder than usual well into June, which has delayed a lot of things. The peas aren’t ready yet (already a month later than last year) but should be a bumper crop. But we’ve got beetroot, lettuces, rocket, spring onions, carrots, beans (climbing and broad), cabbages, chard, perpetual spinach, zucchini, (sweetcorn nearly!), potatoes, onions, tomatoes, cucumber. Chillies aren’t ready yet, and then some winter stuff growing on already (brussel sprouts, kale, leeks, cabbages).

I didn’t bother with things like aubergine or pepper because it would need to be an exceptional summer and we don’t get those up north!

I’m still trying to get quantities of things right, and I need to focus on stuff that grows well and that we eat, oh and successional sowing! It would be considerably easier without having to work fulltime!

Not sure what I’m going to do with all the stuff that won’t store as the freezers are bursting with fruit for OH to turn into wine…Not in the biblical way obviously πŸ™‚

The replanted orchard isn’t yet producing, but we’re drowning in raspberries and strawberries, and soon it will be blackberry and damson season. Such a shame we eat relatively little now and puddings rarely!

How’s your growing season been? And do you do all this again in NZ?

V jealous of your Med trip! Love the food…And the weather…

Re: sleep. I can’t help on that. I use a mindfulness body relaxation technique…only because I can’t name enough African countries!

Happy,
    I’ll come to stay and help you eat all that wonderful produce πŸ˜‰

I have no more difficulty getting to sleep after fasting than any other day, but if I’m hungry I have a hot drink before going to bed.

forgot to say … I have a better sleep after a day fasting . Harder to sleep if I over eat . .

Wee xx

Thanks Wiwi.
    Bay and I are both “on the wallaby” as they say in Aus. (Travelling around for non Aus folks).
    Reading, and thinking of you all. Keep up the good work FTs πŸ™‚ P
    Oh, and I’ll have some of your produce too Happy. Pity about the customs fines πŸ™

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Thursday Fast Friends
    So lets get our fast on
    The calorie in calorie out mathematics is always a good read and the science behind the numbers to lose a pound a week we must burn 3500cal more than we consume so therefore 5-2 and 2 fast days a week 500cal female and 600cal male average loss about a pound. Dr Bert Herring under the 5 hour eating window eat until you’re full about a pound a week. And add in some walking 45min 2x a day 5 days a week is 3500cal burned is also a pound loss the three pronged attack is alive and well fast trackers.
    Eat Fast & Live Longer
    Peace RT

Re: homegrown produce. I dread to think what my fellow shoppers think of my weekly shop, given that it’s mostly wine and cat food…!

Good morning all.

How lovely to hear of yet another rendezvous for our international group, though sorry to hear you were rained on.

RT, excellent summary of your experimental method on your sample size of one.

Emel and AO, hope you’re both well along the recovery road. Horrible colds and ‘flu going around this winter.

Happy, I’m in absolute awe of your extensive food production AND working full-time, with energy left over for going for a run! In a recent post you made a comment about flashing your PhD when treated to sexist behaviour. Same here – amazing how it shuts them up. Also find that if anyone is sufficiently curious to ask for more details, the reaction when I tell him that mine was in a heavy-duty branch of plant science with lots of chemistry and maths is pure gold. πŸ˜‰

Been a busy 3 days at work with 2 painless fast days plus for yesterday <1000C. Heavy weights session yesterday and >12000 steps including 28 floors according to my Fitbit when I took our trainees on a fern walk at Mt Lofty Botanic Garden in the morning. Scales down another 600g. As you suggested Amazon, 1 flat white on Monday had no ill-effect. As I’ve said before though, the days at home are my challenge regarding mindless grazing. Am trying to tackle it minute-by-minute and only eat at mealtimes; day-by-day is far too long a time frame for this slow learner! πŸ˜†

Time to plan a week’s menu and generate a shopping list – OH will be out of the shower soon.

Take care everyone and keep up the good work. n xxx

Good morning Nicky,
    I wish you luck with control over grazing at home, it can be a trial. Keeping busy really helps even when relaxing. I have tried reading, playing cards, knitting and embroidery, all fairly effective. Watching TV especially channel with food adverts and cookery programmes is particularly bad but I love Masterchef and Great British Bake Off. What can you do?
    It is great to meet up with other Fasters as there are very few dieters who understand the challenges and the successes of this way of life. Most people think we are all slightly extreme in our methods. When I discuss health benefits people get a little more interested. I believe the nations food choices in future will be very different for everyone. The health system cannot cope with health conditions brought about by diet choices. Obesity and sugary diets are linked just like Cancer and smoking. Time to take action is now. Gosh what a rant before 7 am
    Have a great day friends.

Day 4 of full blown flu and plenty of time for musing on food choices …. my tastebuds still AWOL so food holds no interest at all at present! Very rare for me!
    I know breast milk is sweet and babies are naturally attracted to it, but Big Business has capitalized on this human trait. Grazing was also a natural behaviour when we had to forage, so we really have some primitive behaviours to overcome in our quest to be healthy and at a normal weight.
    We watched Kevin McLeods new (in Aus) series “In the Wild” last night, with the UK couple who had moved to a far flung part of Sweden and lived on berries and fruit they could forage for in the few months of Summer, plus tinned veg, plus freshly caught fish, moose or reindeer. Very interesting that people would choose to live in that environment, but they certainly looked healthy!!
    Husband also sick now, so we are having some quiet time together! Pouring rain here in Melbourne, what a contrast to 10 days ago when we were basking in the sunshine in Queensland.
    Good Luck to Jim for tomorrow morning Weemam. Cheers all.

Poor Mr & Mrs Nama! Two more victims of the horrible bugs that seem to have been so much more aggressive during this long cold winter. Hope you’re both feeling better soon. One consolation is that with no desire to eat, your new dress will look gorgeous for the wedding.

We too watched Kevin McC’s show last night. I can identify with the satisfaction of depending on one’s own resources – living in the bush has some of the same features, but I wonder what would happen if one of them was to fall ill, get injured or, in 20 years’ time when they are not so fit and vigorous.

Jo, I completely agree about food choices. I heard one of our leading medicos interviewed about lifestyle choices and he described it as ‘digging graves with a knife and fork’. Although on reflection, knives and forks are usually associated with sensible eating of wholesome food. It’s the junk we eat with our fingers that does the damage.

Wee, best wishes to Jim for tomorrow. I think there should be some allowance for ice cream when it’s over πŸ˜‰

n xxx

Morning/evening all

I woke up to the sound of pouring rain, but thankfully it has stopped now as I don’t want to get soaked on the way to the gym.
    We had a great time yesterday despite the weather. As Jojo says it is great to meet and talk to like minded people who understand and have experience of what we are all doing and trying to achieve.

Sorry to hear that you are still poorly Nama, I hope you and Mr Nama recover soon.

Well done Nicky, your slow but sure journey seems to be going very well.
    I would like to have been with you on your fern walk πŸ™‚

Happy, when I had my allotment my shopping trolley resembled yours ?

Have a good one everybody ?

Aww Nama I hope you and hubby feel better soon pal sending you both a big hug xx

Cold and wet here again today and have the heating on. Our youngest granddaughter just arrived back from New York this morning ( celebrating her 21 st with a friend ) . She is coming to visit any minute and is so excited to come tell us all about it . Jojo enjoy your time with your son pal xx

Jim says thank you all for the good wishes πŸ™‚

I keep joking with him and asking if he is winking at me :). he says he is just testing out his ” good eye” I like it better to think he is winking πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Wee xx

Winking sounds good to me too Wee. πŸ˜†

Good afternoon all,
    Fast going well today but all that walking has made me hungry. I walked to Victoria from Paddington via Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Saw the Italianate Gardens, Diana memorial, Wellington statue and memorial to kiwi and Australian service men. Stopped for a cuppa on route in the sunshine overlooking the Serpentine. Wonderful time. Nothing but Australian accents surrounding me, weird. Too good to be indoors so now heading home to get some gardening done. No museums for me today.
    Soup for dinner, chilli and butternut squash

Nama glad to hear you’re on the mend, although not flu I’ve been laid up all week and now it’s decided to go into my tummy!!! So have to cough carefully (if you know what I mean πŸ˜€ ). At least I’m starting to feel human again and have just started to feel ready to do things, also I finally slept last night, albeit in the chair as that way I wasn’t coughing, waking to an early morning call from a friend who’d become worried as she’d not heard from me for a while (unfortunately she doesn’t listen to messages otherwise she’d know, lol) so we had a little chat until she got to work. That was a lovely way to wake up hearing from someone who’s thinking only of you πŸ˜€

RT is it your firm they were talking about coming to the northern suburbs on the news the other day? I can’t remember exactly when it aired as I’ve lost track of time.

Jojo so glad you had a great day and getting your ear tuned for Aussie accents and speech patterns.

Wee please let us know how Jim’s op goes (there’s me thought it was last week last time I posted I think), definitely calls for an icecream (or two) just no wafers to go with it, lol, get those little “pots” of icecream πŸ˜€

I decided to take doctor’s advice (for once) and stay home for the whole week and boy am I glad I did, today is the first time I’ve not felt absolutely revolting.

I enjoy hearing from you all, so thank you all for keeping me sane this week πŸ˜€

AO try not to cough too hard pal . I know this sounds weird BUT it DOES work . I have tried it . Vick vapour rub on the soles of the feet . well rubbed in then put on socks . do this before going to bed . I thought this such a daft idea when someone told me BUT it works pal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Get well soon all you Auussies, what rough time you are having. Keep taking the pills and drinking water or honey and lemon. Thinking of you all

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Five Minute Management Course
    Lesson 1:

A man has just gotten into the shower as his wife is stepping out of the shower, when the doorbell rings.

The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs.

When she opens the door, there stands Bob, their next-door neighbour.

Before she says a word, Bob says, ‘I’ll give you Β£800 to drop that towel.’

After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob, after a few seconds, Bob hands her Β£800 and leaves.

The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs.

When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, ‘Who was that?’

‘It was Bob, from next door.’ she replies.

‘Great,’ the husband says, ‘did he say anything about the Β£800 he owes me?’

Moral of the story:

If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk with your shareholders in time, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.
    Happy weekend All
    Go You Mighty crows πŸ˜‰
    Peace RT

Good Morning everyone,
    Love the joke RT.
    I have two bowls games today, one competitive and Physio/acupuncture but at least the ‘cat sitting’ is finished. Rough night last night, very little sleep due to hip pain. Probably down to yesterday’s walking and also moving a very heavy shelving unit on my own. When will I learn? I also spent an hour weeding as the copious rain had really given the weeds a boost.

I had fish and chips for dinner last night, no batter, 6 chips, last minute decision. It wasn’t that great. I am fasting again today as I have a busy schedule this weekend, several events to attend. I will try to keep food choices fairly healthy and probably avoid alcohol. Let’s hope the weather holds out, looks promising at the moment.

Have a great weekend everyone and if you are ‘under the weather’ health wise I hope you feel better soon. If you are feeling a bit low try to get out for a nice walk or phone a friend to meet up for a natter. I just wish my friends were more active, when I suggest we go for a walk they all find that they are busy yet they always have time for coffee and cake.
    Good luck on the eye operation Jim

Hi AO the group your refer to is (TFI) Thomas Food International they have plants all around Australia but for us in SA they are in Murray Bridge and Lobethal they are a multi species processor both sheep and beef where the company I work for only process beef.

Wee,

Thinking of you and Jim today!

RT,

Love the joke…even more than the cricket ones πŸ™‚

hiya everyone .

just a quick pop in to say Jim has had the op and back home . All went well just a wee bit bloodshot but that will clear .the surgeon said ” a small nick” . We hardly slept last night . Worried about what went wrong last time BUT all is well . So so happy .

i went a wee bit mad eating last night . I know it was because i was anxious though . It is OK as I am maintaining now and I didn’t feel in the least guilty as I know I can get rid of any extra really easy now .As we all know this is AWOL . not a diet . xx

Take care my lovely friends

Thanks for letting us know Weemam! Wonderful news, now you can really relax!
    Hope everyone else has a great weekend, hopefully I will have stopped coughing by next week, must be using a lot of calories !

Great news, Wee.

Nama, the number of calories burned will depend on the intensity and duration of coughing, but according to Livestrong you could expect perhaps 2-3 calories per cough!

Thanks Happy! But I feel these are 50 calorie coughs at least! Not quite pertussis, but nasty!

Awww Nama sending you a big Scottish cuddle pal … Take care xx

Thanks Wee. Its been an awful week, but at least I am improving now – food starting to taste like food again! A good reminder of how easy it is to take good health for granted. I have felt dangerously WELL since losing my bag of cement, this was just a winter hiccup! Thanks for the cuddle xx

Afternoon all,

It is a beautiful day here πŸ˜›

I spent the morning at the gym, and it was eerily quiet there, hardly anyone around but no surprise as it is August BH weekend. I had a fab swim in a quiet pool which has made me feel very at peace with the world.
    Exercise going really well, fasting not so well. I’ve tried twice since Sunday but failed on both occasions, so today will hopefully be third time lucky πŸ˜‰

Nama, glad to hear you are on the mend, and Wee, great news for Jim and hopefully this time it will be an uneventful and speedy recovery from the operation.

Have a good weekend everyone ??

barata he had the op this morning pl and all has gone really well . thanks pal

..Amazon I would love to go swimming again BUT although I am looking so much better with clothes on I look really silly with a bathing suit . I hang in folds on my legs at the top and my bat wings lol . At my age all the elastic has gone . I don’t mind too much though as I can hide it with 3/4 sleeves and trousers .

nice day here now but we are just relaxing as we didn’t sleep well last night . .

RT loved the jokes pal . HELLO!!! to everyone else xxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 11,251 through 11,300 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.