Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,951 through 11,000 (of 16,657 total)

• Hello everyone,
    I have been following the posts, love reading them, very addictive. Just returned from a three day drive, we put over 600 miles on the car and drove over 20 hours total. We had a good time but I am exhausted and tired of sitting. Thats ok because I am off to camp for a week with 5 preteen girls ages 10-12. It should be fun, The campers have to leave their phones and i pads at home. Truely I might be disconnected until August 1st and might go through withdrawls. Fasting from the internet might cause a little discomfort. But I am looking forward to not cooking my own food, swimming, hiking, and playing lots of games.
    I am up 3 pounds, but I know just like wee I will get back there. The protein pancakes are fabulous.
    Take care everyone…
    I

Evening all,
    Been out all day and now have to get back to painting. So hungry I feel sick. Course that might be paint fumes.

Chat tomorrow

Have some bubbly water Jo 😉

Good grief Sarah! Think fasting must be starving your brain 🙂 A week with 5 pre-teens? And you’re looking forward to it! I shall have nightmares about that…!

Jo, that does sound like fumes, not hunger. I had similar when we had the oil-fired boiler serviced (it’s in the kitchen and I was working at the kitchen table). I didn’t know to try fizzy water, but a little food did help. Hope it passes.

Good morning my fast-tracking friends, finally finding time to read all the backlog of posts and do justice to you all:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria (northern NSW)
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey and Tessy in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in US
    DJ in Canada;
    Welcome Iona72 – where in the world do you live?
    In case I’ve missed anyone, no offence intended. As RT says: “You know who you are.” 🙂

Nama, I’ve spent a bit of time in Bourke – know what you mean about red dust. Your poetry evening sounded lovely. Well done on the swimming – you’ve found an exercise that you enjoy AND you are reaping the benefits; and you were so trepidatious at first. You’re right about Dinner Plain being a long way from Adelaide. We usually overnight in Shepparton each way, taking 1.5 days for the trip and ensuring we don’t have to drive up the snowy mountain road in the dark. On the return trip we pack up and then ski or whatever until lunchtime. I try to fit in a visit to the SPC factory shop to stock up on their canned chopped tomatoes with no added salt – about 25% of the price in our local supermarket. This time OH and the grandies had fun spending what I had saved on other ‘stuff’ 😉

RT, shy retiring country bumpkin? Ha! I hope you caught my virtual wave at the Naracoorte turnoff out of Bordertown last week on our way home. Lovely to hear your son is dipping his toe into the dating pond again – so hard for us when they’re not happy. That story about the Greek economy must be doing the rounds, I heard it on the radio this morning on the way to work. Of course you posted yours before that. Thanks for channelling SAMM and reminding us with the detailed analysis of calories in vs calories out. Definitely an approach to adopt. Your team has done well in the last two matches – exciting stuff. Sorry Nama!

Ply, I remember you mentioning the need to have a stockpile place for the surplus snow – not really an issue for us so had never thought of it before. Have to say that despite lots of snowy fun for the week, returning home to cold wet weather has almost finished me for winter. Good news is spring is in the air, the magnolias are coming into flower and my jonquils are perfuming the walk to the woodshed. Before I lost weight I dreaded summer but now the hot weather is quite bearable and I feel the cold terribly. Even on an Adelaide winter day with a max of about 14C and the heater going in my office, I usually have at least 3 layers on, including something woollen, plus a jacket for outside. Regarding haircuts, I had long hair for most of our married life and only had it cut short about 10 years ago. On presenting the new ‘do’ for inspection OH said that while he preferred it long, I looked younger with it short – nuf said!

Emel, good to hear from you again. Good plan about the walking. We all know that something too ambitious only sets most of us up for failure. As SAMM would say, focus on the doable.

Amazon, thanks for the muffin recipe – it’s on the agenda for this weekend’s baking. Had to smile at your typo ‘food weather’. Looking forward to the Davis Cup bout with UK. Our match with Kazakhstan went down to the wire but Lleyton did his bit, putting our talented ‘children’ in the shade. Talk about an attitude of entitlement! Also looking forward to the next Test starting on Thursday evening our time. Our cricketing girls are also doing well, 4:2 up with the test still to come – sorry, don’t mean to gloat. Just pleased that Australia is finding its sporting mojo again after so long.

Sarah, you certainly seemed to have nailed this fasting life. Pardon my ignorance but what’s a vision board? Hope you enjoy your trip with the pre-teens. Are you a Guide leader?

Happy, l used to have a bit of a shoe fetish but the reality of working in a lab meant something much more sensible during the week. These days, like you I have sandals, wellies, boots (walking for the garden and lighter elastic-sided for work) and slippers. They get replaced when they wear out.

AO, glad to hear you’re making progress but sorry that it’s so painful. Healing after a bad break like you had is a slow frustrating journey. Let us know when you have set up your Fitbit again and I’ll send you an invite for our Fast Trackers International group – so far Ply, Sarah, Wiwi and I are in the group. I’m at work but suspect I have your email on my home computer from one of the early communications.

Jo, gut flora are certainly in the news recently. Apparently people who have a diet which is rich in F&V, with smaller amounts of low GI carbs and protein have the most diverse population. In contrast, those with a diet consisting mostly of meat and highly processed foods have the poorest range of gut spp. You have been very busy packing up your flat – moving house is hard work. I’ve done about 6 moves in the 47 years of our marriage, all either interstate or overseas and know how stressful and exhausting it can be. Glad to hear you are finding time and energy for your other activities. You said a while ago that small weekly goals are more successful for you. In contrast I find that by focussing on the health benefits of eating moderately (mostly) for 5 days, fasting for 2 and including a 3rd ‘fast 5’ day takes my attention away from food and the rate of loss. That comes as a side benefit in my overall healthier life. Dieting and calorie counting always seemed like a contradiction in terms because while trying to eat less, I was forced to think about food and be reminded of how deprived I was feeling and how hungry I was.

Wee, sending positive vibes for your upcoming lump check. Lovely story about your new pyjama bottoms AND your skinny jeans. Rely on Mr Wee’s opinion; he obviously has good taste – look who he married!

Hermaj, I like the idea of a small tattoo but the pain is what puts me off too. When I turned 18 I planned two things: get my ears pierced because I was sick of losing clip-on earrings, and become a blood donor. When I came home and showed my dad, he hrumphed and suggested I should also get my nose done! He wasn’t impressed as in Australia back in the 60s only southern European migrant women had pierced ears. Glad I didn’t get an infection or I would never have heard the end of it. Lovely story about the £14.99 boots.

I have been watching the BBC Horizon program … (old timers has struck – can’t remember its name) on what type of diet suits different people. I did the quiz as I would have been before adopting this WOL and came out as 60% constant craver, 35% emotional eater and 25% feaster(?). I downloaded the booklets on all 3 types and found that the strategies were almost all ones I have gradually adopted, thanks to Dr M’s book and the advice of all you lovely people.

Second of my 2 usual B2Bs today. While away I caught a second cold before recovering from the previous one. Had last Monday off after the trip for washing, shopping and general unpacking then went to work Tu-Wed. OH ordered me to bed with a cup of tea on Wednesday when I got home and also stayed in bed on Thursday – now almost recovered. Pleased to see that 10 days away of eating fairly much what I fancied didn’t have disastrous effects on the scales and after yesterday’s fast had returned to the (upper end) of the ‘overweight’ range. No weights on Wednesday as my PT is busy (didn’t go last week either because crook) so will be moderate with the usual 4-hour eating window. Had grilled steak for dinner last night. OH did the shopping last Thursday and he bought huge sirloins – the smaller weighed 270g!!! I cut it into 3 and will have the other two thirds for my break-fasts at 3pm today and tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post. Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Hi Sarah,
    Hope the camping trip with the pre-teens goes well. I was involved in both brownies, guides and scouts when my children were young. I too love spending time with children of all ages, even grumpy teens, so if I ever become a Granny I should be well prepared. The trick with all children is to keep them occupied, actually it’s the same trick us Fasters need to employ. Of course they may well be on the other side of the world from me but I will travel to see them when I can afford it. Two of my friends are in the same boat, one loves it, the other hates it.

I finished painting at midnight last night and am just having a cuppa before doing 2 hours worth this morning before bowls practise. Its washing brushes and rollers that annoys me. I can cope with the physical aspect of the job. At least it ensures a good nights sleep. Drinking lots does help with the paint fumes, plus open windows. I find I am still coughing when I do the lowest sections of walls. Need to finish it all by Friday.

I don’t think I am going to renew my gym membership this month. I am focussing on walking, running, yoga and bowls this winter.

Nicky- great post. I really think gut flora is the key to a healthy metabolism. Trying to add more variety to my diet.

Still no change on the scales this morning, seems I am stuck again. We will see what Wednesday’s fast brings.

Hi all,

We are another 500km further north in inland Qld today, furtherest I have ever been apart from along the coast or in a plane! Lovely big town called Charleville – isn’t that a great name for a town? Lots of wildlife to see whilst on the highway, big families of feral goats, lots of emus and plenty of roos. Far too many dead roos on the roads, they really don’t have any road sense! Tomorrow we press on another 500kms to Longreach, famous as being the home of Qantas…a big museum there that husband can’t wait to see. Its obvious driving out here why our national airline was born here, the distances in 1900 would have been formidable by road.

So far managing a good walk after each day of driving. Organising our own meals mostly so managing to avoid too much temptation so far. Just lucky my husband does not like junk, keeps me on the straight and narrow! Weather is lovely, despite freezing nights, the blue skies are wonderful.

Lovely to read your long post Nicky. You sound like you have a very sensible approach to 5:2 and apparently its working! Thanks for commiserations – Pies supporters have to be strong in adversity, as always lots of adversity! We went thru Shepparton on the weekend and talked about the SPC cannery!!

Amazon have you gone ‘walkabout’ already? Your usual posts are missed!
    Glad to hear your move is finally done Jojo, plus the painting – well done. Now to start planning your holiday in detail!
    Cheers all x

Hi again

Just a quick post before turning out the light – embarrassed to see my arithmetic was completely up the spout in my previous post. I was operating from memory so must blame it on the same ‘old timers’ moment. My score was actually 55% constant craver, 25% emotional eater and 20% feaster. Even when young and skinny I remember always being hungry. I think it must have been my active life that kept me from being the size of a house.

Well done on sticking with the decorating Jo. I too was a Brown Owl. Love little girls of that age.

You are certainly getting around Nama. As you say, no wonder we developed an airline so relatively early, the distances are mind-boggling. When we moved to Brizzie, it took ages to get my head around the idea that it would be a 3-day drive from there to the top of the state.

Sleep tight SH mates, good morning NHers. n xxx

Enjoy the big open spaces Nama. I did that drive ….Alice Springs to Newcastle (3600 km in 6 days)… 4 years ago. Wonderful scenery. Amazing distances. Every town, many hours apart, has some fascinating history.
    You’ll need to do the full QANTAS trip. It was conceived in Cloncurry, born in Winton (the Waltzing Matilda town) and grew up in Long Reach (where the Tropic of Capricorn sign is).
    Keep an eye out for brolgas too 🙂 P

Good evening all,
    Just put my paintbrush in the pot of white spirit. Not finished the painting yet. Bedroom almost done, pebble grey( very hip here) and then I move on to the bathroom(Aqua blue) then total spring clean for handover to new tenant. Exhausting work this decorating, haven’t even thought about food today.

Nama – your trip sounds amazing. I have visited most of the UK, Ireland, Wales and Scotland(only Edinburgh) either by rail or car. I am not a good car traveller, 6 hours maximum. That’s why I have booked flights to jump around Australia. Plus it’s a time issue, so much quicker by air. I realise I will miss lots of scenery but you can’t have everything. I will make the most of my time. Can’t wait to meet up with so many of you in November or December.

Must get some sleep now, plumber arriving at 8 am.

Ply- How are you doing?
    Nicky- I wasn’t a Brown Owl, just a helper each week plus going to camp, it was fun.

Great post Nicky our other South Aussies have been quiet I hope all is well.
    Purple 16ks off the bat on a cuppa and some water that is outstanding
    Nama the outback adventurer soak it all in enjoy every moment and make only good memories
    happy hump day fast trackers
    keep on keeping on
    Peace RT

Thanks RT. It was a 12kg walk, plus whatever else I did that day. I try to do marathons on fast days as I always feel energised and it keeps me out of the kitchen. …she says on a feed day, sitting having a latte and cupcake 🙂 Fast again tomorrow. Love this wol. 😉 P

Well done on the 12kg walk P! 😉 Glad I’m not the only one with a keyboard that can’t spell.

Very pleased to report that equalled previous best on weigh-in this morning. As I said in an earlier post, 2+ weeks of eating pretty much whatever I fancied meant I was mentally prepared for disaster. However, not so! Even though not a FD today, having had nothing yet except black tea and water (my fasting window just about to open with veg pasta for dinner), am hopeful of even lower number tomorrow.

Looking forward to the cricket tonight (our time) Amazon.

Happy hump day my fasting friends. n xxx

Gee Nicky. That would be good wouldn’t it! Lose 12 kg in one day, simply by typing posts on your phone 😆

Well done on the trip weight. You are an expert now! P

Hi Nicky

Love your long post.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Nama, enjoying your descriptions of your trip. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Morning All,
    Fasting today which should be easy as there is absolutely no food in the flat, it’s all been moved. Still painting and cleaning, good physical work out. Haven’t been near the scales either because they have gone too. I will catch up with my belongings on Saturday when I I leave my (now) very beautifully painted flat. I hope my new tenant appreciates the work I have done preparing the place. My back is feeling it this morning from moving a double bed and triple wardrobe yesterday(solid pine not MDF).
    Going to take the afternoon off to get some fresh( paint fume free) air.
    Hope everyone is having a great fasting Wednesday.
    Chat tomorrow

Hi everyone, just touching base as havent been posting for the past couple or few days, but have been reading. Another fd and physio day for me (have my homemade mushroom soup ready to take for lunch today). Nothing else to report, hoping for a decrease on the scales tomorrow, will let you know then 🙂 gotta keep moving and get ready for work. Cheers, AO xx

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉

My personal preference for longterm lifestyle of doable fasting.
    4:3for ten weeks 30 fast days
    2 weeks of TDEE.
    4:3 for ten weeks 30 fast days
    2 weeks of TDEE.
    4:3 for ten weeks 30 fast days
    2 weeks of TDEE.
    4:3 for eleven weeks 33 fast days
    5 weeks of TDEE for the holidays.
    Total 123 fast days. Fasting About 1/3 of the year.
    What my experience after two years is. When I’m not being very focussed I can lose 1lb in one week and then gain it back the next. So I adjusted, joined JOJO 2lb thread. Now I sometimes lose 2lb in a week and only gain back 1. Chuffed about finding the schedule that achieves 2lb a week for more than week. I’m on 4:3. Two zero calorie days of 27hr water fasts (mostly sleeping) and one 600 cal day per week. With 300 cals when I clock in and 300 more for lunch during the week.
    So that’s 5400 of calorie restriction per week if I’m only eating TDEE on feed days. That’s where the 2000 a week of exercise makes the difference! CHUFFED!
    Some more of SAMMS book here he really took planning and preparation to a whole new world a year in advance brilliant stuff. Ok fast trackers Thursday fast day let’s get the game face on 😉 I did have an unexpected high (all natural) of course 😆 yesterday my dad’s second wife’s brother a massive man who is 61 yo has had a 2 operations a lap band and a stomach stapling both have failed by his own knife and fork he said that every time he sees me I seem to be growing younger 😯 and he is inspired.
    I was really rather moved by that little gem I have to say!!
    Have a happy day All.
    Peace RT

You are a great example of how people are responsible for their own health outcomes RT. Keep it up mate.
    Have a good day at work AO.
    Strength Thursday fasters 😉 P

Hi all,

Wonderful to read your enthusiasm RT! I think we all feel a lot younger with less weight on us and more moving (I certainly do), but lovely for you to get a compliment like that. Double bonus is you may just well give your stepmums bro enough confidence to try fasting and succeed. The poor man is obviously struggling and your example may be enough to get him over the start line.

We are staying in Longreach for a few days, got husband out from behind the steering wheel with a can opener! Very ‘touristy’ town (Qantas museum and Stockmans Hall of Fame) – hope its not too Disneylike. I am fasting today, Monday went well and hopefully today will too. Will be interesting to see if I can maintain with 2 fasts/week after doing 4:3 for quite a while.

Yesterday we did a tour of an old Wool Scour that has been restored to working order, really fascinating. The whole town of Blackall runs on artesian bore water which comes up at 58 C – they don’t need hot water systems! This water was used to run steam engines which in turn powered these amazing belt driven motors with big fork like thingys to gently wash the wool. Then dried in a blower gizmo and packed into bales. Whole set up of shearing shed etc was restored and such an insight of how the wool industry operated and thrived before the drop in the price of wool.

Have a great day/evening all. xx

Good morning to all my fast(ing) friends:
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey and Tessy in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    DJ in Canada;
    and not forgetting Iona72.
    In case I’ve missed anyone, no offence intended. As RT says: “You know who you are.” 🙂

Jojo, enjoy the fresh air after filling your lungs for so long with paint fumes. I was puzzled that you should have been so affected until you mentioned your paint brushes in white spirit so assume you have been using oil paints. In Australia we mostly use water-soluble latex paints, even for gloss woodwork, which is nowhere near as smelly. You can rest on your laurels with such a good start for your new tenant. While definitely not in the property tycoon class (we own another house in Brisbane) I have found that tenants tend to look after properties if they believe the owner ‘cares’, whatever form that takes. You seem to be sending that message strongly.

RT great analysis of your approach to this fasting life. It’s sometimes scary on the ‘role model’ pedestal but you have done so well over an extended period so you have more than proved yourself. As Nama says, hopefully it will help your step-uncle(?) heave himself onto the fasting bandwagon.

Nama, haven’t been to Blackall for years but did love the bathing facilities everywhere – virtually (not in reality of course) unlimited hot water for bone-warming showers, as it can get really cold overnight in the winter. Very interesting description of the wool scour – don’t remember seeing it.

Good to hear from you AO. I’m with you about work – somewhat selfishly, I’d rather be there at 60% capacity achieving something, than at home feeling sorry for myself and achieving nothing.

Amazon, your cricketers did really well – what a pathetic performance from our lot!

As hoped, this morning saw a ‘new’ weight PB (of course I’ve seen it before but not for 20 years), down another 0.4kg so very pleased. Like you other beautiful people, this WOL is retraining me on moderation and portion size, albeit a slow learner. 😉

Happy fasting/non-fasting Thursday all. n xxx

Hi. I am a newbie to the forum which I have found invaluable in my first week back on the fast diet. I have lost 2 pounds and am THRILLED.
    I have just been on another really difficult diet that invloved no alcohol, treats of any kind and restricted calories every day. I put on weight ! It nearly crushed my motivation.
    I had some success with this diet a few years ago, so in desperation decided to give it another crack and I am so glad I did.
    I love that I can still have wine and the occasional treats on non-fast days.
    I had forgotten how full on the fast days are though, I nearly cracked.
    But then I stumbled upon this forum, and you all inspired me to keep going.
    Thanks

Good morning and welcome Nicola33,
    Great to have a newbie on board they usually inspire us ‘old hands’. We may have the experience but not always the motivation. I am doing 19/5 and 1200 calories on non fast days. I don’t count as such, just know what’s what now, mostly fish and salad lifestyle. The most important change for me is giving up carbs and breakfast daily. I have now adapted and don’t miss them anymore. In fact I had a last minute meal at Ask last night, an old friend turned up so we treated ourselves. I had a goats cheese salad with tomatoes. It came plastered on two slices of white ciabatta. I scraped it off and left the bread, it was still delicious and I saved lots of calories and stomach pains. I only discovered bread was the cause of early morning cramps when I fasted it out of my life. It used to be my nemesis and I could easily eat 6 slices of bread per day.
    I now have zero noodles as a filler in a stir fry, they are great and very quick to cook with a few prawns and some peppers, onions and sweet chilli sauce. I like spicey food.
    I am now 6 stones off in 2 years if I include a starter stone with weightwatchers. I measure and record using ‘fitness pal’ application, it helps me control my allowance. I do have extra at the weekends and eat out quite a bit but avoid desserts on the whole. I am a terrible yoyo dieter and have not beaten that yet. After a blow out weekend I am now trying to get back to my lowest, should make it by Saturday.

Have a great day friends. I shall be painting my bathroom(eggshell paint) and then cleaning carpets. I use water based paint on the wall but oil based on the woodwork because it cleans easier. I agree that it has a much stronger smell even when supposedly ‘low odour’. All windows open and drinking lots.

Looks like the weather is perfect for bowls and dog walking so it’s not all work today. Also I have another physio session for my hip and that will include some more acupuncture.

Good morning everyone . have had so many posts to read today . I love reading them all
    . nama I am so glad you are having a good time pal .
    RT isn’t it great when the compliments start. I feel so much younger too pal . better than I have felt for years
    Welcome newbies to a brilliant place to be .
    I think that is about a month now I have been maintaining and I am doing well . . I LOVE this WOL .

I feel as if I know all of you so well now and I love to read about all the things you are doing .

I am so sorry I can’t reply to all of you one by one but at my age it’s hard sometimes to remember my own sons names . I have been even known to call Ross Shep on the odd occasion lol .

Jims eyes are so much better now . He has his glasses for the new prescription and he is loving it . He is now eagerly waiting for the second eye to be done :).
    dad is really slow now but still singing away . we don’t take him shopping now as it is just too much walking BUT he still loves the drives in the car .

I forgot to say I have found an amazing substitute for my ice cream 🙂 🙂 . Lidl Greek yogurt . ( the one that looks like a tin of paint) with frozen strawberries or raspberries put in from the freezer . it makes it go like ice cream when all mashed up and it is YUMMY . The one food I just can’t live without is my ice cream .

still waiting for our summer here almost August and still wearing a fleece .
    Bought myself another pair of skinny jeans 🙂 Ha! ha! me in jeans is the best thing in the world ever .

I met a friend in Lidl the other day and she could not believe how good I looked . She had me all round the shop showing her what to buy . I kept saying she could eat anything she wanted just not as much as she wanted . She is coming to visit so I can explain it more as she doesn’t have a computer . She made me feel like I was walking on air lol .

Off to do some housework then have a lazy afternoon . Going to get dad tomorrow for a wee change as I needed the day off today .

Love to all of you lovely people

Wee xx

Lots of great posts here today! Love it!

Jojo…sounds like you are fixing everything beautifully for your tenant! Painting is a rough job and I always seem to come out with more paint on me than the walls! 😉

August 1st is looming and will be my first weigh in for a month. I’m preparing myself for a shock, as I haven’t been very strict with myself this month. Oh well..it will be what it will be and I’ll have to deal with it. Summer seems so hard to lose with all the social times and I likes my beer after a round of golf! 😉 I seldom drink in the Winter and find the weight loss better during the cold weather, which is odd. I have kept up with my boot camp sessions and am just under 400 sessions completed in 2 1/2 years. Feel strong and fit, it’s just this pesky extra 25 lbs or so!

Have a lovely Thursday and upcoming weekend!

Hello everyone

I have been unwell for a few days with a bladder infection, not nice, I will spare you the details! Feeling better today and managed a short walk with the dog. Wee – you are right, the wind is chilly here in England today but nice to see the sun after 3 days of rain. I lost another pound when I weighed after my last fast so I am happy about that, especially since I have not eaten much these last few days. Back to work tomorrow so will be back to routine. It’s so good to have such an active forum, thanks for keeping the thread going.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All Know Who You Are) 😉
    The end of Dry July today for me now did I miss the option of being able to have a couple of beers on the weekend if I felt like hell yes!! But was I out of my mind and climbing the walls certainly not nice to know I have a drink because I want to not because I have too !! we didn’t quite raise as much cash as last year times are tough and the workforce has changed but we still went the distance ok off the soap box.. 😆
    Enjoy fast friends
    I loved Eleanor Roosevelt especially 😉

“Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, ‘Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.'”
    – Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter)

“I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog: ‘No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'”
    – Eleanor Roosevelt

“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”
    – Mark Twain

“My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.”
    – Ed Furgol

“Money can’t buy you happiness… but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.”
    – Spike Milligan

“What’s the use of happiness? It can’t buy you money.”
    – Henny Youngman

“Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.”
    – Victor Borge

“I don’t feel old. I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap.”
    – Bob Hope

“We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.”
    – Will Rogers

“Don’t worry about avoiding temptation… as you grow older, it will avoid you.”
    – Winston Churchill

“Maybe it’s true that life begins at 50… but everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out.”
    – Phyllis Diller

“The cardiologist’s diet: If it tastes good spit it out.”
    – Unknown

“By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he’s too old to go anywhere.”
    – Billy Crystal

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
    – Mark Twain

“Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.”
    -Herbert Henry Asquith

Have a great weekend you beautiful losers 😉
    Peace RT

Thanks RT. Have a good weekend and Go Swans!! 😉

Good morning to all my fast(ing) friends:
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey, Tessy and Iona72 in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    DJ in Canada;
    In case I’ve missed anyone, no offence intended. As RT says: “You know who you are.”

Welcome Nicola33. Please tell us a little about your journey.

Hi Wee. In the summer I stir a puree of frozen berries through Greek-style yoghurt and then freeze again until slightly harder than mushy. It suits my palate much better than sweet commercial icecream. Glad to hear Mr Wee’s eye is coming good after a worrying time. Please give your lovely dad a hug from me.

Iona, Sorry to hear that you’ve been unwell but it’s good to be able to get back on track.

Lori, good luck with your 1st August weigh-in. When I fall off the wagon, I try to remember that way of living, this fasting journey is a life-long marathon. Whatever the scale reading, we have the tools with IF to deal with the occasional ‘ups’.

Thanks for the Friday funnies RT. Well done to your dry July team. Sorry P, but go the Crows! 🙂 Tippett will cop it from the crowd I suspect as it’s the first time Adelaide fans have the opportunity to tell him what they think of his double-dealing.

Jo, enjoy your walk with the dogs. Hope your physio sessions are continuing to bring relief.

Happy Friday all. Take care and keep up the good work. n x

Here Here Nicky
    there is a line drawn in the sand now Purple
    may the best team win
    Go Crows 😆

Good morning Questers 🙂
    While I know it’s been a long while since I’ve posted here I do still read your posts and keep an eye on what you’re all up to and your amazing achievements. I’m posting today though as I wanted to say THANK YOU for the support that’s brought me to my one year anniversary of 5:2 during which I’ve lost a total of 25kg (55 lbs). I also wanted to celebrate my achievement with folk who know how hard it can be to stick with it and while the loss has been slow it’s been very steady and I’m confident I can go on to lose the rest of it in the next year and then keep it off forever.
    So, thank you again for the inspiration fast-trackers and keep up the good work!! Spring xx

Congratulations, Comespring. 25kg and your anniversary. 😆 Fantastic. Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back! You really deserve it. We do appreciate how much perseverance it takes to achieve what you have done.
    Now onto the rest of your healthy life…;) Purple

Well done comespring! Another SA mate reaping the health and beauty benefits of this 5:2 lifestyle. As P says, we all know how much perseverance it takes.

Don’t be a stranger! n xxx

Good morning Fasters,
    Finally done with painting now doing a spring clean. Last day at my flat, very sad, it has been a very happy place for me if a little lonely at times. It looks great everywhere, fresh and clean. Carpets and rugs look like new after my efforts with the cleaner yesterday, now that is a workout. Haven’t really had time to focus on food but hopefully scales will be kind tomorrow after all this activity.
    Playing bowls twice today which I am really looking forward to, all new people to meet.
    Looking forward to a housework free weekend. Hooray!
    I will concentrate my fasting efforts next week.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Enjoy your weekend Jo. You’ve earned it 🙂 P

I’m feeling almost 100% today AND I have successfully got through my second fast day this week, I was a bit dubious about doing it on a Friday but it’s been a low key day so no problem.
    I must say I am excited on 2 counts for Saturday morning:-

The Weigh in …..and…..
    A lovely bacon butty for breakfast (bit of alliteration for you!!)

Have a great weekend all, keep your news coming!

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Comespring hello good morning good afternoon good evening and good night wow wow wow 25kg loss outstanding effort my fellow SA loser know doubting the transformation inside and out I am sure a huge congratulations to you from me!!
    Nicola33 welcome aboard the fast trackers train there are some very efficient and clever fast people here I can assure you.
    Eat fast & live longer

Excellent results, Spring, and g’day everyone! Just back from warm Cairns, had a lovely break and only a few grams more than I would like, so have skipped breakfast and will be back on track on Monday. I set out with good intentions but the fasting quickly went by the wayside. We visited Cape Tribulation, and went as far south as Mission Beach, saw crocodiles and met cassowaries on the hoof. A bit of a hardship, coming back from 28 to 12 degrees – and still another month of winter 🙁

Hello all,

Well done Comespring!! I will have my 1st anniversary in September but wont reach your milestone – 20kgs off for me and not likely to improve as we are travelling for a month. Still I am very happy, especially as we are in a lovely warm climate and I am able to wear t-shirts for the first time since slimming down. Such a nice feeling.

Barata we almost crossed paths! We will be in Townsville then Airlie Beach tomorrow… Its amazing to read Melbourne’s weather report and be enjoying 28deg days up here in North Qld. Feels like a different country.
    After tomorrow we will be following the coast for a week or so, have booked accommodation via airbnb at a few beach places. I have a feeling we will miss the wide blue skies though and probably head back inland for our trip back south. We both really live driving and it is so relaxing when there is no traffic or traffic lights – just the wildlife to watch. Yes Purple, lots of brolgas, bustards and emus, kangaroos, wild goats and so many eagles and crows on the roads feasting on all the road kill!

Fasting going ok so far. I think its easier being away from my kitchen. But I had the best feeling yesterday when we went into a supermarket for milk and I walked down the confectionary aisle, then past the cakes etc in the bakery. Not a twinge! Bay is right, the sweet monster does shrivel up if we don’t feed it! Still managing a good walk every day and still using the travel scales – they definitely make me accountable!
    I am sure I will gain a kilo or two but hopefully no more and that will come off quickly.

Jojo dont be sad about your flat, it will be waiting for you on your return from your big adventure! It sounds like you have made it pristine for your tenant. I laughed when you said you can only manage 6 hrs max in a car, you would not be compatible with my bloke! I guess you don’t get the practice in the UK, everything is so close!

I am a bit worried about Amazon. Did I miss her say goodbye? I know she had a few trips coming up…. or maybe the keyboard has finally died. Thinking of you wherever you are Amazon!

Cheers for now all xx

Bad luck RT and Nicky! 🙂 P

It’s a varied country all right Nama. The Blue Mountains, behind Sydney, have bushfires today. It was snowing there 2 weeks ago!

Enjoy your tripping around the Wide Brown Land. P

Morning/evening all

I’ve just had a really nice few days in Glasgow 😛
    I stayed in a lovely hotel in the centre of the city. My room was so huge I could have fitted my whole flat into it!
    I spent Tuesday with a couple of friends, then hit the tourist trail on W and Th. I met one of my friends for dinner on Th evening and then had a long walk on Fri morning before travelling home. I walked and walked and walked until my legs ached, so I got plenty of exercise. I had some lovely meals, including lots of fish and seafood. I might have had a few drinks too 😉 I really enjoyed myself and didn’t have anywhere near enough time to see all that Glasgow has to offer so I’ll be returning.
    I am fasting today and tomorrow and will be eating very little before I go away next weekend as the fridge is empty and I have no intention of doing any food shopping.
    I was up early this morning and have all the washing on the line. I can’t wait for it to be dry so that I can iron it all…….

Amazon,
    Really, can’t wait to do ironing, have you had too much sun?
    All
    I moved this morning and played bowls this afternoon before walking the dogs in the cool evening air. It has been an exhausting week and I have not followed any sort of fasting regime. I need sleep and a few days to unpack and sort out my new room. It’s much smaller, my sons old bedroom, so space is an issue. I am using a wardrobe in another room too, both full, yet they are both double rail doubles. More sorting out is necessary.
    I think an early night is called for tonight. Weigh in tomorrow to see what damage I have done. Too exhausted to care at the moment.
    Have a great Sunday everyone

Hi Jojo,

I LOATHE ironing but it keeps me out of the kitchen 😆
    I haven’t done it yet and it won’t be happening today as I managed to keep busy doing other more important things. Fasting didn’t go too well though, but I’ll try again tomorrow and hopefully be able to succeed.

Amazon,
    Now that’s the girl I know, bugger the ironing, put your feet up. My son just rang and invited me to stay in London for a week in August( end) if you are around we must meet up. He will be working during the daytime. I am looking forward to seeing his new flat.
    I have just dosed myself up as I have swollen glands and feel exhausted, really feeling my age today, lots of aches and pains too, knee, hip, neck and back. But that’s enough moaning I know I am luckier than many.
    Congrats Comespring, sorry I missed your post before, skim reading as very busy at the moment. 55 lbs is a great achievement and must have taken a great deal of commitment to fasting. I sometimes wonder if I will ever reach goal, so sick of my yoyo approach. Are you nearly at goal?

Thanks purple your honesty and heart felt commiserations it means i can indeed go out and cut wood this morning and know we where weighed we where measured and we where found wanting this time around of course 😉
    Melbourne over the luke warm pies 🙄 sorry Nama Tigers over the hawks noooo say it isnt so 😆
    ok Sunday people all around the world
    have a great day
    Enjoy what you do
    and do what you enjoy
    RT

Enjoy your wood cutting RT. The best team on the day .. 😉

Glad you had a good time in Glasgow Amazon. It’s a great city. I always save ironing, which I hate with a passion, for fast days to keep me out of the kitchen. Pile ready for tomorrow. 🙂

Jo, only unpack and hang the clothes you actually wear. We moved bedrooms earlier in the year. It’s great only having a few items available.

Enjoy your Sat nights/ Sunday fasters. P

oh my, I have been gone a week. I am so happy to read everyones posts. someone asked me if I was a guide. I do not know what a guide is but this is what I did. I took 5 pre teenage girls to a church camp for 5 nights. There were 125 other campers there too. We all hang out together. My job was to make sure the girls were where they should be at the time they should be there. So I slept in the same cabin with them, ate with them, and made sure they followed the rules. Our schedule was busy. We woke up at 6:15 to take showers. 7:40 we went to flag, then breakfast, then cleaned up the cabin, went to cheer, recreation, session, lunch, bunk time, activity time, free time, mail call, dinner, session, cabin time, and camp fire with an activity. In bed by 10:00 or should I say lights out at 10:00. And I volunteered for this. I loved it. I was able to build stronger relationships during the week. The food they fed us was amazing. Lots of fresh fruit and real protein. Desserts at every meal and at campfire. I am not looking forward to the scale. I will face my weight with the knowledge that I can fast back to my goal weight.

Good Morning All,
    Gorgeous day here, beach packed with tourists and locals, perfect.
    Not unpacking much stuff but a little overwhelmed by number of boxes to store. Kitchen stuff a real problem as cupboards here are full.
    Keeping very busy and trying to eat sensibly.
    Have a great day everyone

Afternoon all,

FD going much better than my failed attempt yesterday 😛
    It’s a lovely day here too, 25°C and sunshine.
    I am having a lazy day at home today which is much needed after such a full on week. Back to the gym tomorrow.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,951 through 11,000 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.