Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,901 through 10,950 (of 16,657 total)

• Just a wee quick visit here . I am off to get Dad shortly frozen and still waiting for summer . I am here n my fluffy dressing gown and socks brrr.
    Amazon the protein pancakes are 1 scoop powder and 2 eggs beaten really hard together . It makes about a dozen wee ones . I like the chocolate powder best xx

H&B is very expensive . I get mine in Home bargains ( less than half the price of H&B xx

Hi everyone
    My B2B plan has been scuppered by family life! Yesterday was a fast day and it went really well, I went to bed hungry but didn’t mind that. I expected to wake up ravenous but actually did not feel hungry at all, I had some weetabix and skimmed milk but didn’t particularly enjoy it, but nice to have coffee with milk! So a normal eating day today and another fast day tomborrow. I will plan this evening what and when I will eat, I find this works best for me.

Well done RT great going.

Jojo would love to go swimming unfortunately I would just be going in circles at the moment as there is only limited movement and basically no strength in my left arm. Once I have enough range of movement I will be going for hydro therapy then later swimming will be on the cards. Thank you for thinking of me and possible options to assist my recovery, in the meantime physio continues πŸ™‚

Not had the best week fasting wise but hoping to at least not gain πŸ™‚ I guess I have still got a little way to go to get fully back on track and admit the icy weather has not helped still tomorrow starts another week with new intentions again and I will know in the morning exactly how I went this week πŸ™‚

I must admit I avoid the doctor as much as possible and it had been 18 months until I broke my arm now it seems to be constantly seeing one doctor or someone in the medical arena (physio) all the time. πŸ™‚

Iona I think we all got/get a pleasant surprise when we first fast re the lack of hunger the following day Magic isnt it?

AO I am sorry to laugh, but the visual of you going in circles is very funny! Your poor arm, I hope it gets some strength back soon with the physio.

Another doctor avoider here! They mean well (most of them) I think, but they are trained to find something wrong with you! I hadn’t had routine bloods for about 12 yrs when I got them prior to starting fasting,(they were perfect at age 50!) I knew my BP was fine and I tend to go more on family history with predisposition to certain things. I have never smoked and I drink very little, the only way I had abused my body was with too much food! The bloods were fine but I will repeat them after 12 months fasting out of interest. I hope I don’t sound smug. After 40+ yrs of nursing, I know good health is a blessing to treasure.

The only time I really needed to go to a doc was 2 summers ago when my knees were getting really bad, very painful and very swollen. GP sent me straight to a surgeon, who tried to book me in on the spot for knee replacements. Neither of them even suggested I try to lose weight, when I was obviously overweight. 20kgs lighter and I feel like I have “new” knees anyway!! I am looking forward to updating my GP in Sept when I go back for said bloods.

Nama no offence taken, had a bit of a giggle myself at the thought … then thought if I went fast enough I could maybe create a whirlpool ha ha ha πŸ˜€

Before I can do strengthening exercises I have to get the range of movement improved as at the moment I have less than half the range, I’ve got more range reaching backwards than all the other ranges, I can reach forward almost as far and also across my body but I cannot reach out to the side more than 35%. At least I can now reach on top of my head for hair washing but that’s only been this week, so each week I’m increasing my range of movement, it’s not only the actual shoulder joint which needs “freeing” up but the muscles and tendons in my arm need to be stretched so that they can move over the hardware that’s in my arm as this is taking up extra space so need to be able to get that sorted too (this is the most painful as it also restricts joint movement). Not sure if I’m explaining this well at all but some movements make me almost pass out with the pain they cause, especially when it’s unexpected, but even with physio doing it certain movements he has to back off and every time we have a break part way through as otherwise it’s too much. He is able to gauge exactly when I need the break so at least I get to finish the sessions.

Well off to bed with me now, absolutely exhausted after today and also lots of residual aches and a small amount of pain which is just bearable.

I have been browsing thru the forums for an hour or so getting some advice and ideas. After all this talk of fasting I totally forgot I’m NOT on a FD and can now eat my afternoon banana, never thought I could be so excited over a bit of fruit!!

Iona,

I think mindfulness, and increased appreciation of food, is something a lot of people come to via 5:2.

Savour that banana now πŸ™‚

Today I ate my last Belgian bun ever. I was out and decided to treat myself so went into the bakery and bought one. I ate it and as I was chewing I thought “this doesn’t taste anywhere near as good as usual” and after I had eaten it I felt quite nauseous. It was too sweet and sickly. Another item on the “I used to like” list.

Hi Amazon,

It’s great isn’t it! Makes it easy to turn down cakes when out, knowing they’ll be too sickly. Homemade however is a different story… πŸ™‚

Mmm..home cooking always wins, hands down. But I think THAT is our problem, Amazon, isn’t it?
    So easy to walk past sickly bought cakes and buns, but the smell of a healthy freshly baked apple teacake/ Welsh cakes/ cheese scones … I’d better stop now πŸ˜‰ Oh, come on, it’s winter here. P πŸ˜† Lettuce anyone?

Amazon like you the other day I had a cake which I generally used to enjoy as a treat occasionally (mocha slice) but felt sick after eating it, very full and basically not worth buying any more. I’m glad that I had it though as now I know I won’t have any more πŸ˜€

Well I knew I hadn’t done well this week as both FD’s went belly up, not totally but enough to not be a FD, and 400g up on the scales (approx 1 lb) so I really need to get moving again to remove the extra pound plus a few more. Will refocus for my FD’s and keep myself accountable for those two days, after all it IS only two days!

Must run for now as need to finish getting ready for work. Chat later πŸ™‚

Hi Guys,
    Another busy day,
    I enjoyed a wonderful Birthday meal with family tonight(BIL’s birthday 54 th)I had Sea bream, samphire, red onion, linguine- delicious. Everyone else in my group of 8 ordered something fried with chips- burgers, steaks, pork, battered fish.

I resisted pudding too so I am very pleased with myself, drank coffee instead. Had a couple of G & T’s though.

I am going to try paddle boarding, a new craze. Inflatable board and wet suit required. Apparently it’s a great calorie burner.

Weighing in on Sunday as away from my usual scales, hopeful of losing 2 lb this week. Out for a meal again on Saturday so fingers crossed I can find something sensible to order. More birthday cake to eat- very small taster slice.

Chat tomorrow if I get time, removal van day plus out ‘Tommy Cooper’ tribute night to attend.

Just like that!

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All Know Who You Are) πŸ˜‰
    As of this week, all new Euros are to be printed on Greece-proof paper.
    ————-
    Syria has appealed for international assistance today, after a boatload of 500 Greeks arrived seeking a better life.
    ——————-
    What are the first three letters of the Greek alphabet?
    I.O.U.
    ——————-
    I’m investing in a new currency…the George Foreman Euro.
    Same as the other Euro, but no Greece .
    ————————-
    Alex Tsipras has said that Greece will “Bounce Back”.
    Just like it’s cheques.
    —————————
    My son wanted to know what it was like to live in Greece , so I took his pocket money off him.
    Have a great weekend all you beautiful losers πŸ˜‰
    Peace RT

Hi all,

Amazon and AO – exactly my experience with the chocolate muffin bought while away last week – disgusting! Great to tick off (or add to) the list of not to be repeated mistakes!! Purple, you are so right about the home made temptations. Luckily I have been busy this week as the oranges and ground almonds have been calling me – after I sampled a piece of my fave cake at my neices party last weekend, I have been so wanting to make one. I had the ingredients in the house but fortunately kept reminding myself it would be too tempting and I would probably eat way too much! Catastrophe averted!

So I decided I would make one when I get to 70kgs – a food reward!! Mmm.. is that wise? But I will make sure its for a gathering and I can send most of it home with other people. And it wont be before Xmas anyway! My four weeks away I am aiming to stay steady. Then in September a long weekend to Tassie planned before my sons wedding in October. If I can lose another 4.5 Kg throughout that I will be impressed with myself, hence my goal is for Xmas.

RT love the Friday Funnies – greece proof paper made me chuckle! Aren’t we lucky not to live there!
    Enjoy your weekend all x

Morning All,

What is wrong with this system, keeps logging me out, having to input the password for entry each time. Anyone else having same issues. Never get email nitifications either.

Slept well, drug induced as both hip and knee are painful at the moment. Doctors and Physio today lets hope they can help. New topper mattress on the bedlast night, very comfy if a little warm.

Had breakfast today as need the energy, moving boxes all day, not looking forward to it. Also I have to move all my pot plants, my little haven will be barren again for the new tennent. At least it will be easy to manage, no watering. New bedroom a disaster zone. Bed piled high with stuff that doesn’t have a home yet. God I hate moving.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Regards Jo xx

Don’t disappear in the bedroom chaos, Jo. πŸ˜‰ I keep having to log on again too. They must be playing servers again.
    Thanks for the Friday funnies, RT. Usual top standard.
    Have a good trip Nama. You’ll enjoy the warmth during the day, maybe still cold at night though. A good excuse to cuddle πŸ˜‰
    Have a happy weekend FTs, remember restraint. πŸ™‚ Cheers P

Hi jojo,

Memory foam is very warm, but you do get used to waking up in a hot sweaty pit πŸ™‚

I must admit I went for the full mattress and not just the topper. There’s no point putting a topper over a poor mattress, and my old mattress was definitely poor! Expensive, but with my back, a good investment.

Are you going boarding in the sea presumably? Sounds fun, but for me probably in the Caribbean not here (even with a wetsuit)! Can you borrow an inflatable and wetsuit or will you have to buy them? I imagine you must need a separate room for all the various kit you need for all your hobbies, past and present?!

Good luck with moving it all!

Nama,

A very timely reminder about orange and almond cake, thank you! I’m going to see my Dad next week. He’s not a big cake eater since 5:2, although he does eat pudding daily (yep, even on fast days!). I’d been trying to think of something different to make him. You’re a genius πŸ™‚

Hello everyone. Just dipping my toe in your lovely fast stream of friendship and endeavour. I have been a bit preoccupied with myself for a little while. But always following you all. Dear Jojo I have had many a medication induced sleep some have been very welcome and great, some have felt like I’ve been hit on the head with a cricket bat!! So very glad your sleep was a good one, the mattress topper sounds great, I must look in to this. Although not sure I could cope with the warmth of a memory foam one. When we were in Paris recently the bed had a latex mattress. Boy was it comfortable. I think you can get toppers in latex so going to look out for one. RT thank you for always making me grin. Even when I don’t really feel like it πŸ™‚ Nama. Have a lovely break. It sounds fabulous and brings up many happy memories for me of my various stays in Oz. Orange and almond cake is a favourite of
    mine although I make it with lemons!! Yummy though. Amazon. I can’t imagine ever reaching my last ever Belgian bun stage. But I shall be delighted if I ever do πŸ™‚
    I am so
    Impressed with everyone’s fasting endeavours. Keep it up!! Where you lead I and many others are following πŸ™‚ have a good weekend.

Glad to be of service Happy! Enjoy a piece for me please! My other favourite food gift to make and take is Florentine Biscuits – so simple, yet everyone seems to love them. And if you use the right cornflakes, they can be gluten free as well. Your Dad sounds lovely….pudding every day…..sigh…..

I am just in from a very relaxing few hours in the garden. Pruned some roses and general tidying up. I had forgotten how brilliant gardening is on a fast day, food is the last thing I think of out in the fresh air.

Jojo, I do hope you can find your bed, sounds like a lot of hard work! I hate moving too, thats why we haven’t done so for 26 yrs! Good luck with the paddle boarding – you can have some surfing lessons in Aus!

Hi Tessy, our posts crossed. Always lovely to hear your cheery voice!! And keep fasting, miracles happen (Belgian bun type miracles), I personally guarantee it!

Hi Nama,

Yes I’ve made Florentines before. Not for a fast day! Another well received food gift, adults only, is biscotti. Great with coffee, and not sweet (hence why kids don’t enjoy it πŸ™‚ )

Tessy,

Would your orange and almond cake with lemons not in fact be a lemon and almond cake..?! Must admit the thought has my salivary glands working!

Re: last Belgian bun. If you can cut down/ out sugar, you may be pleasantly surprised in time at what you can achieve!

Afternoon all from the monsoon season of London. Lots of much needed rain for our gardens and parks.
    I’ve been to the gym and have very tired arms and legs. I’ve been pushing myself a bit harder this week and am pleased with what I was able to do. I’m away next week so my body has ample time to recover.

Tessy, I am quite disappointed regarding the Belgian bun. They were a rare treat, maybe twice a year and I always really enjoyed them. I didn’t eat wisely yesterday as I had too many processed carbs, far more than I’ve eaten in a single day for a very long time. It probably goes some way to explaining why I felt so sluggish when I got up this morning. Fortunately I was able to fix it with some caffeine πŸ™‚
    I love to bake but try not to do it too often these days. I might bake a cake to take to my friends in Herefordshire when I go in a couple of weeks time, and the orange and almond cake would fit the bill nicely.

As for moving, I’ve been here since the end of 1984 and I have no plans to leave just yet. I’ll have to move eventually as I live on the first floor and everything that comes in has to be carried up the stairs by me, groceries, deliveries etc, although I do insist that visitors walk πŸ˜‰

Time for some more caffeine. I’m fasting today and have had my usual post gym granola with fruit and yoghurt and am planning on liquids only for the rest of the day. If I get really hungry I have another sachet of whey powder but I’m going to try to exercise my willpower and not have anything else more calorific than coffee.

Have a good weekend everyone πŸ˜›

I’m disappointed Amazon! With all your strength and aerobic training you could surely give at least slim visitors a piggy back πŸ™‚

Next stop iron woman competition…

I’m having trouble lifting my coffee mug at the moment….

Happy Friday everyone!

Jojo…cannot wait to hear about your paddle boarding adventures! Not sure I’d be brave enough to try that, but maybe? Just appearing in public in a wetsuit would be quite frightening for me! OY! Hope you love it and will add it to your long list of activities.

2 days of golf ahead for me. Hoping to play better than I did last weekend. πŸ™ it was not pretty! Oh well….still got the benefit of exercise.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Hello my lovely friends . I have tried the last few days NOT putting everything in MFP . I had a wee bit of a blow out with ice cream and corn flakes etc . I have put on 4 pounds πŸ™ So back today logging EVERYTHING. As Ross ( my son) would say ” why try to fix something that aint broke” . I honestly don’t mind writing everything down and I now know it does work 100% for me . sorry if I am ranting on …. just wanted to make a point ….. the best bit is that I know the 4 pounds will be gone within the next 2 weeks …I love this WOL

Our eldest and his lovely wife have just bought a flat . They are going to fit a new kitchen and bathroom and put in gas CH and redecorate then they are going to rent it out . SO we will be helping in wee bursts to do what little we can to help . That should help to keep my mind of ice cream for a wee while lol

Wee xx

Phew. I’ve just completed a back to back 2 day fast under rather difficult circumstances. So very proud of myself. Trouble is I have spent the latter half of today fantasizing about a Belgian Bun!!!! Oh dear πŸ™ there may be trouble ahead πŸ™‚ Happy weekend everyone πŸ™‚

This weeks second fast day complete, not too difficult, but it’s only week 2. I really didn’t mind sitting down with my celery sticks and hummus while the family had a regular dinner but the dessert of strawberries and ice cream looked great!
    JoJo I notice about half of my email notifications go to junk mail, most annoying.
    Hope you all have a good weekend, I will be at work but have the evenings free, hope the weather is suitable for a short run when I finish work.

Oh Tessy you corrected it, it gave me a good giggle first thing haha, πŸ™‚

Had a good sleep in this morning however I was up and awake for a coupke of hours during the night.

Have a great weekend everyone πŸ™‚

Hi Oma. It made me laugh so much I nearly missed the 5 minutes editing window πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Iona, a couple of strawberries with a little plain yohurt, almonds and cinnamon has always been our fast day dessert. Berries are a brilliant low cal food. You CAN fast and have dessert if you plan carefully. P πŸ™‚

How can you be thinking of ice cream, Wee, when you are shivering?? Hope things improve for you. And that your calorie counting does it’s magic.

It’s a bit warmer here – we arrived in Cairns yesterday, and both slept for 12 hours overnight! (apart from being rudely disturbed at midnight when the alarm went off! We have been caught like that before on holiday so I had checked the clock, but couldn’t tell if it had been set or not. Who would supply alarm clocks to resorts and hotels where the alarm can be pre-set, and not have to be set every time? No permanent damage done, though.) We both must have really needed it. Getting up at 4.30 am NZ time to fly out would have added to things. It has got up to 30 degrees, we have a choice of four pools, life is hard, I can tell you! I understand pizza is on the menu tonight, not going to spend too much time agonizing about fasting but will probably get in a few days without breakfasts (or maybe not!). Plenty of Aussie shiraz to be dealt with also.

I’m not sure if I know what a Belgium Bun is, but am also finding that the sugary treats of yore are no longer the temptations they used to be.

Hiya, Tessy. Hugs. So well done with the B2B – that would be really challenging.

Up to standard, RT, thanks for those. Managed to raise the odd chortle from OH, who is really busy with a glass of wine.

PVE ~ yes that would be a good dessert, I was already at about 535 Cals by then, it’s all about planning I guess. I realise I need to have less milk in drinks on fast days to save those calories for something more bulky!

Hi ya
    Just tuned in a couple of hours ago to read about your B2B Fa*t, Tessy. The mind boggles at the reverberations.

I will catch up on posts. The house is still full of visitors, but the pint sized ones went back to Rome, as did the woofers. The new visitors are tired city-dwellers on holiday after a year of work and wanting to sleep it off. I am back onto ADF to lose a kilo or two gained over the busy period, and then the last 10kg. I laid in a good supply of fizzy water to get through the day (I easily drink 1.5 litres of the stuff on a fast day). I fell over in the garden last night and twisted my foot slightly, but nothing that a day of rest won’t calm.
    I am off to Rome on Tuesday for a few days, to look after my grandson, while his brother is in hospital for the tests we have been waiting for. We celebrated the baby’s first birthday a week ago and he seems to be in fairly good health, but the medical diagnosis lies with the doctors.

The temperature has fallen from 38Β° yesterday to 23Β° today here- is it autumn?
    I will comment when I have caught up with all the news.
    Great fasting!
    Wiwi

Good Morning Fasters,
    Well the scales have not produced the predicted 2 lb loss this week but I have dropped a size in trousers, now wearing size 14, go figure? Assuming that it’s good old ‘water retention’ or possible ‘ constipation’ due to far too many painkillers. Bad day yesterday, thank god the house move is finished. Off to a BBQ today, with or without rain it will go ahead. I am preparing salad and prawns so there will be no sausages and burgers for me, shame! but they don’t come high on the list of healthy food. I will focus on a Fizzy water too Kiwi. I also bought some strawberries for pudding.
    Looking good in the mirror, that’s what counts.
    Have a great day fasters, am I disappointed? In truth ‘a little’ but not giving up. Three liquid fasts planned next week.

Morning/evening all

Yesterdays monsoon has been replaced with blue sky and sunshine πŸ˜›
    I’m spending the day with my SiL and the food weather means we can sit in the garden with our wine πŸ˜‰

Have a good one everybody.

Tessy until I read Wiwi’s post I thought you had typed Belgian Bum! πŸ˜†

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All Know Who You Are) πŸ˜‰

Explanation of the Greek Bailout.

It is a slow day in a little Greek Village. The rain is beating down and the streets are deserted.

Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.

On this particular day a rich German tourist is driving through the village, stops at the local hotel and lays a €100 note on the desk, telling the hotel owner he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.

The owner gives him some keys and, as soon as the visitor has walked upstairs, the hotelier grabs the €100 note and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the €100 note and runs down the street to repay his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the €100 note and heads off to pay his bill at the supplier of feed and fuel.

The guy at the Farmers’ Co-op takes the €100 note and runs to pay his drinks bill at the taverna.

The publican slips the money along to the local prostitute drinking at the bar, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer him “services” on credit.

The hooker then rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill to the hotel owner with the €100 note.

The hotel proprietor then places the €100 note back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, picks up the €100 note, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.
    No one produced anything.
    No one earned anything.
    However, the whole village is now out of debt and looking to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that is how the bailout package works!

Wiwi,

Thanks for clarifying Tessy’s typo, I’d been thinking along the same lines as Amazon…

B2B fa*rts reminds me of my long departed grandmother. She used to play a fine tune from the moment she stood up from her armchair and at least until she’d left the room…

Why, Happy, did you worry about the *.? Was it to spare the delicate amongst us?
    My French friends are asking why I am splitting myself- but it is so untranslatable!

I am imagining your departed grandmother, Happy.

Probably RT has some good stories.

Here is a story/joke from my youth.

There was a man with a manservant called Wordle. One evening the master wanted a bath run and asked Wordle to prepare it. So the master got into the bath and just as the door closed between him and Wordle, he let out an enormous melodious fa*t. Anyway 10 minutes later Wordle came back with a tray on which there were some olives and also a hot water bottle. The master looked at Wordle exasperated and asked why he (the master) was being disturbed.
    Wordle replied: ” As I was closing the door I distinctly heard you say, ‘ AhotwaterbottleandabottleofolivesWordle.”

Wiwi,

I only added the * because you had!

I’ve got some olives for a Greek salad later… not sure I’ll be looking at them in the same way now πŸ™‚

Good evening All,
    Great day, very tired.
    Ate far too much food
    My Victoria Sponge birthday cake for my BIL was delicious and very well received.

A good Victoria sponge is a joy to behold Jojo. I’m not surprised it went down well πŸ™‚ I hope you sleep well tonight resting on your laurels πŸ™‚

Wouldn’t the new mattress topper be more comfortable than laurels? πŸ˜‰ P

Love the jokes/stories everyone both Mr AO and I had a good laugh particularly the one where the village was out of debt πŸ˜€

Having a relatively quiet weekend this weekend for which I’m thankful. I’m having another full on week next week so need the quiet time to recuperate ready for the next onslaught (hope I’ve spelt that correctly).

Keep having brief showers today in between the sunshine periods, just hoping my washing dries.

Have a fun day everyone πŸ˜€

Good morning everyone,
    Overcast here and lots of rain due. My 4 mile walk along the coast goes ahead no matter what the weather. Luckily the weather stayed fine for my BBQ yesterday, we sat out all afternoon then walked the dogs early evening. There were huge waves in the sea, very dramatic, kids on their boards enjoying the wash.the spray agaist the promenade was 30 ft high in places. Great to watch but I wouldn’t liked to be in the sea, board or no board.
    I dare not go near the scales of truth today. I had stuck to my plan foodwise yesterday, prawns and salad but I had serveral unplanned drinks and far too much garlic bread, french bread and an extra serving of pudding( albeit at tea time), who can resist Apple pie and cream, ver small helping I promise. Add that to the very small slice of birthday cake. All adds up to a lot of carbs and sugar for one day.
    AO- don’t envy you lots of guests to entertain, makes fasting very troublesome. They always seem to bring chocolates or biscuits with them.
    Slept well thanks PVE and Tessy- laurels squashed flat on foam mattress. Got several requests for me to make more cake(refused), too tasty.
    HappyNow- hope the Greek Salad was good, it’s one of my favourites.

So today is an extra fluid fast.
    Have a great Sunday (Monday)friends- back on track again.
    RT- loved the 100 euro joke, if only all economies worked that way.

Hello all,

I have really enjoyed reading everyones posts, from the Greek economy to bodily functions!! RT that was such a clever story and makes you think too!

Having 3 brothers and 2 sons, farting is almost an olympic sport where I come from, but Tessy’s 2 day one takes the cake! I think we have some very funny typos on this thread, only yesterday Amazon mentioned the good “food weather”! Maybe there is some subliminal stuff happening?

We have made it to outback NSW, presently in Bourke which is the same latitude (almost) as Sydney, but almost 800km inland. Lots of red dust and feral goats to be seen when driving. It is far too hot here in summer, but it was a balmy 18 degrees here midwinter today. Lots of fascinating history, including stories about Australia’s own Henry Lawson who lived here in the 1890’s, writing his poetry in his dry, laconic style. We went to a favourite show tonight, Poetry on a Plate. Its a special under the stars, big fire blazing, night where a very talented local man (they call him the Bard of Bourke) recites his original poetry and yarns, sings a bit and generally is very entertaining. His wife serves beautiful slow cooked stews and a lemon curd tart to follow. Having a lazy day tomorrow with no driving, so lots of exploring on foot and fasting to compensate for tonight. It will be Monday, so perfect timing!

Have a great week everyone x

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    You know when I started my 5-2 journey after watching the Dr M doco eat fast & live longer on the telly I carefully and methodically planned and plotted my 300cal lunch and my 300cal dinner weighed and measured everything after reading some forum gems here I switched to saving all the calories up for the evening meal a great alternative and a winning combination in achieving as long a fasting window as possible now fast forward to today very comfortably cruise along on a zero calorie day of black tea black coffee green tea a shed load of water 2litres minimum and I still like a treat of a diet coke or zero coke in my day then off to bed wake up next day I hope πŸ˜‰ then a walk for 70min before work embrace a 19/5 day with a light snack after work to settle the hungry dragon currently a dill cucumber and a couple of spoons of red kidney beans I scammed this combination from SAMM πŸ’‘ then the afternoon walk 70min and enjoy the evening meal beautiful very good this WOL ok let’s get our fast on πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Walking is a great way to combine not eating and getting the max benefit of the exercise, isn’t it RT?. I just did a 12 km walk. No intention of going that far, but with the sun behind me, 16 degrees and music to move to, it just happened. I would never have considered these sort of distances in the past. And I follow the train line so I can give up at any time to get home! 1 tea, 1 black coffee and 1 bottle of water πŸ™‚ P

Good morning All,
    Well that was one very full weekend. Fast cancelled yesterday after last minute invitation to lunch ( cold meat leftovers lunch)then dinner(battered calamari and salad)Kept it light but not light enough to lose weight this morning. Liquid fast again today but adding in a piece of fruit twice today. I really miss my orange and apple on liquid fasts. I will see how it goes on the scales tomorrow.

If my weekends keep getting as busy as is one I may need to do liquid fast Monday to Friday. Only joking! I just need to say no to invitations. I saw a film yesterday( before my dinner invite)starring Sandra Bullock(Stranded in Space), not a bad thriller but George Clooney died far too early on for my liking. I taught my friend how to play Rumicub and Crib too. I love these games. Has a one out there in Cyber Space played ‘Sympathy and Vengence. I would love to find the rules for this card game which was taught to me by a friend. I suspect somone changed the name somewhere along the line so .i can’t track it down.

I find playing cards, even just solitaire, keeps my mind off snacking. Ah well back to my painting. So bored with it now.
    Have a great fasting Monday Guys.

Happy painting /fasting Jo πŸ˜‰ P

Viewing 50 posts - 10,901 through 10,950 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.