Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,551 through 10,600 (of 16,657 total)

• Good evening, all! Sorry if it’s the wrong greeting, just can’t keep track, never mind tomorrow being today!

Smiffy, thanks for mentioning that recipe and app. I am always looking for new and tasty meals!

Sarah, have fun at the beach! We are headed back to the Cape tomorrow for a family beach day, cookout, and fireworks. Should be fun, but not as far a drive as yours!

Jojo, fingers crossed that the flat is rented quickly with a minimal mount of stress for you. Your hard work preparing will pay off!

So I made it to 44 hours with the water and coffee fast! Who’d’a thunk? I probably could have gone a few more hours , but I didn’t see the need. Had a couple of hard boiled ages with some salad greens and a teaspoon of dressing. Nothing ever tasted so good!

A legend in my own mind, Purple!

LOL and well done Ply 44 hours is superb and now we all know it’s achievable when we’re ready that is, no use trying it if you’re not in the right head space and I also believe you have to have had success already with FD’s, in other words it’s not for me right now as I’ve not got back on track with regular FD’s and if someone’s just starting this WOL it would, I believe, set them up to fail which we don’t want πŸ˜€ just my opinion and everyone will have their own πŸ˜€

Well starting to improve with my range of movement (still very restricted and painful but I persevere otherwise I’ll never get it 100% right again).

I’m also working on reducing pain meds again, so now looking to not have any in the morning so will cut one more out, so down to 2 panadeine forte and 1 slow release overnight, I managed this yesterday (only just but I did it), slept reasonably well too, only woke up once fully during the night, made myself do a couple of the “in bed” exercises on my arm/shoulder, then relaxed back down and once it “settled” again I went back off to sleep quite easily.

I’m sorting my new range of ENJO out this morning as I have a market to attend tomorrow (as my upline is away and a friend and I are looking after it for her) but need to have my new fibres (very vibrant colours) organised and ready for display for an 8am start tomorrow at Lights View market.

Work and I have negotiated that I’ll work 3 days next week instead of 5 so hopefully they’ll be full or almost full days rather than just the 4 hours which in reality will give me more hours/week than I was doing but also gives me a break mid week for 2 days. We’ll review at the end of next week to see if it’s “doable” for me (I hope so but must admit I dislike working a full day on Friday as that’s my usual half day, but must try for a time at least).

It’s been lovely hearing all about what everyone’s been doing and achieving, loving all the encouragement we’re giving each other … love you all for this as too often people get a bit catty from time to time, but we’re not which is something I treasure. Hoping Hermaj is still reading and hope she posts again soon πŸ˜€ also Simcoeluv (not sure of spelling but think that’s right or close to).

Cheers for now, chat later πŸ˜€

Hi all, whatever time it is there!!

Lovely to read of all the happenings – Happy Birthday to your boy Purple and Happy Fourth of July to Ply and Sarah!

AO thats great news you are able to reduce the pain killers – gently does it tho with the physio on top! I don’t envy you an 8am start on a Sunday, good luck with the Enjo market.

And good luck to you Jojo, isnt it a scream how Real Estate marketing has gotten such a business! I remember looking at a house to buy eons ago, the owners had made jam and gone out and left it all over the kitchen bench. Is was rather off putting! I am sure you are doing everything right to get a good tenant!

Thanks for your input re butcher’s gloves Nicky, I am looking at them on line but think I need to find a kitchen supply place so I can try it on.. I think its what I need, love the mandolin too much! Good work you too, with sorting out those that needed it, all about respect isn’t it?

Ply I am so impressed with your 44 hours – the best I have managed this week has been 36. I did 4:3 with water and coffee only on Mon, Wed and Friday. I agree (with our types anyway) that moderation is harder than elimination RT, as I found these days relatively easy. Had planned to get to about 4pm today, but actually felt a bit light headed in the shower this morning at the 35 hour mark, so enjoyed a lovely piece of toast with coffee at 36 hrs. No point in pushing my luck! I think the three full days really made a difference re diminishing wiggle room with blood sugar.

My report for this experimental week is thus:
    From last Saturday til today, ie comparing 1 day post Friday fast, in one week I have lost exactly 2.0 kgs.!!
    Each liquid fast day (33-36 hrs) my weight dropped 1.7, 1.2 then 1.7 kgs; then bounced up average of 1.0kg after the following eating day. That number varied according to what I ate. Despite all this variation, I am confident I have really lost 2.0 Kgs, so of course delighted.

However, there is probably a “Law of Diminishing Returns” that will kick in, so I don’t expect this to continue. I think it was what I needed to reboot. I think my calories had been creeping, plus my metabolism had also got too familiar! We are having a month away in August, and I was getting anxious that I would not get to my goal of 75.0 by the end of July. So this really helped, I am actually 75.5 today!!

I think I will keep it up for now (as I find it so easy) just as my experiment. As I said yesterday, I think it is important to eat sensibly but well in between fasts, in order to keep metabolism chugging away. Apart from the great losses, I have (re) achieved that great feeling I had initially with fasting, hunger has diminished dramatically plus cravings for sweet stuff/carbs have almost vanished!

Sorry to go on so long, I hope my experience helps someone!
    Have a lovely weekend all, Cheers xx

Nama these ongoing self-experiments or a study of one are critical to determine what is working and what is not especially if the losses do not begin to slide after flattening out and what’s interesting to me is the ease at which the majority have concluded that it is actually easier to have nothing at all rather than the 500cal meal and those daily results in loss for it is the evidence that we continue to learn how best or better to maximise the fast skills and knowledge in my case I have seen zero evidence to support one meal in the evening or at lunch is better or worse in fact I now prefer lunch and enjoy the longish break between a meal and managing the hunger better
    β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Hooray,
    Another pound off and a good nights sleep, I feel a million dollars squeezed into my skinny black jeans. Ready to perform today, great.

Ply- you are incredible- I will try liquid only again on Monday, possible Tuesday as well. Did you lose that stubborn last few pounds.

I have a busy weekend planned but can’t wait. I am really glad I had to clean up my flat, seeing the place so tidy has made me feel great. Powerful life lesson, keep it tidy and don’t let it match my mood, let it lift my mood.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Morning/evening all.

Great to read everyone’s news.

AO good to hear you continue to make steady progress on the road to recovery.

Well done all losers. The scales aren’t showing a loss yet but I know they will eventually so will just keep on going. I’m going to look at last years notes and see what I was eating on non FDs when I was losing 2lbs per week and see if it’ll help me get back to that. I’m going to try another liquid fast tomorrow too.

Have a great weekend Losers πŸ˜›

Good luck at the market, AO! I had to google Enjo, but they look like fine products. Your work is lucky to have you working hard during your recovery. I think many folks would be taking a lot more time off. Glad they are being somewhat flexible with you. I completely agree about being in the right headspace for fasting, and that one should set oneself up for success.

Nama, thanks for all the details on your experimental week. Your results speak for themselves! I can see myself extending my daily 19 hour fast, which ends at 2 pm, through the evening. Since most of the time would be spent sleeping, 36 hours minimum would be relatively easy. That puts me at 7 am, but my 19:5 eating window does not open until 2 pm, so if I just wait until then, I have a 43 hour fast. The only difficult hours are the late afternoon/early evening of one night, so not awful to contemplate. I prefer even numbers, so I would probably make it 44 again, as I did yesterday. I know my fellow slightly OCD friends understand!

Jojo, your flat looks great. Stunning kitchen…I would love to cook there! I still have a little over 2 pounds to go, but I think my goal may adjust downward. I am eager to incorporate a lot more strength training into my routine this summer when I have a lot more time and flexibility to go to classes at my gym. It has already started with my trainer over the last few weeks, and I see a big difference, especially in my upper body. Arms and shoulders have some definition, and I just look leaner and more fit. I tend to build muscle easily, but just like losing weight, the trick is getting to where you want to be and then figuring out how to maintain.
    Have fun at your performance in those skinny jeans! I have a great new pair of bold floral skinny pants to wear tonight. Red, white, and blue, of course!

RT, I think I could get by with one afternoon meal. The only problem with that plan is missing out on the times when most people eat dinner, family and otherwise. I think that was one of the reasons Dr. M stayed with a light breakfast and evening meal on fast days…getting the benefits of fasting, yet able to share dinner with his family. Your work schedule probably makes it easier, since I assume you are not home to sit down for dinner with your family most days. My husband’s schedule is similar…he is not home for dinner 5 nights, but I still cook every night and make him a plate which he usually eats when he gets home. On his nights off, we like to have dinner together. Anyway, the flexibility of this plan is part of what makes it so appealing.

Off to finish prepping the ice cream sandwiches! My son is picking us up at 8! Have a wonderful day, everyone. I will remind you again that I love and admire you all!

Sweet of you to think of me, AO and hi to anyone who knows me. I do have a quick hover over the forum most days, but I’m not overly enthusiastic about contributing. I don’t have anything particularly entertaining to say. Also I’m in direct contact with quite a few 5:2ers.

I’m still doing 5:2, still on a plateau despite eating only in the evening even on non-fast days, with relatively few modest treats – maybe one or two a week. Dead easy during the current heatwave. Despite flat-lining but I look and feel a whole lot better than I did when I started way back when.

Another reason for staying on the sidelines is that the day job has picked up dramatically after a worrying lull, so I’m doing a 7-day week and trying to the constant temptation to be sidetracked.

Can’t keep a good woman down, Hermaj? πŸ˜‰ Great to hear you are still on the wagon. We’ve always enjoyed your contributions to the thread.

Top stuff Nama! 74.5, rounded down IS 75! Just weigh before a glass of water πŸ˜‰ You’ve done well getting to your goal before your holiday.

AO, take it easy with that arm! As you have not gained, you’ll start losing again as soon as you start fasting again.

Our 4th July party went well. Lots of food, kids, big kids, music and laughter. I’m sure your’s will be warmer, Ply, but just as much fun. Not sure where you expect to lose any weight from. You looked pretty trim to me! Enjoy your party. Cheers everyone, P

Good evening Fast Trackers,
    Great to hear from you Hermaj, know all about plateaus, nightmare.
    Ply, what is your new goal?
    What a day, nearly melted at my Choir performance, 60 choralists crammed in a double gazebo. But the crowd enjoyed our performance and we contributed to a worthwhile charity or two. I won yet another useless raffle prize, a lime green furry foot muff. This is to a woman who has to hang her hot feet out of the bed at night and wears sandals even during the winter. I donated it to my daughter, she was thrilled with it(not), but she does get cold feet at least.
    The tennis was great today, another win for Murray.
    Having an early night tonight as feeling really tired, I fell asleep on the sofa which I hate doing, always waking up with a stiff neck or numb arm, actually I seem to be getting pins and needles in my right arm a lot lately, must be carpal tunnel or something, really annoying, wakes me up at night.
    Walking tomorrow plus playing bowls so I need my beauty sleep.
    Night all.

Hi all,
    Home from a lovely day with my SiL and family. We sat in the garden, gossiped, drank wine, had a BBQ, watched tennis, drank more wine, perfect!
    This weather is amazing and I hope it continues.

Amazon,

That sounds like a perfect summer day! I have actually managed to watch a bit of tennis today, but only by leaving the telly on and loitering near it while waiting for the kettle to boil! Oh…and starting food preparation early (and doing it veeeerry sloooowwwllyy πŸ™‚ )

We’ve had good weather up north too, but that’s set to change… πŸ™ Only about 20C, but that’s plenty warm enough when you’re active.

Ate my first strawberry of the year today, fresh picked from outside the backdoor. It always feels so naughty to scoff them before they even reach the house πŸ™‚

Hermaj,

I think you sell yourself very short! Your posts are always entertaining, informative and witty.

Good to hear work is keeping you busy. You’re right that the forum can be a great time waster when you’re trying hard to avoid doing something else!

Everyone else…

Too many posts to respond to! But you’re all amazing πŸ™‚

Hi Fast Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All Know Who You Are) πŸ˜†
    It’s a crisp chilled day here but sunshine and blue sky went on a different path on the quest for a measurable step program 8000 steps this morning go again this afternoon happy with that new things to look at. My third son went fishing to robe so we have high hopes for some fresh fish for tea
    Although his strike rate is not flash I do have a plan B if I need to call on it πŸ˜‰
    β€œOur objective on a fast day is to achieve as long a fasting window as possible”
    Peace RT

Similar here RT. 3 deg this morning but a glorious sunny day meant Mr P and I had a long bush/ river walk and managed some garden maintenance to get those steps up πŸ˜‰
    I hope you get that fresh fish. We are having smoked salmon… locally done in an artisan smoker. Fast tomorrow. Cheers P

Hi all,

Melbourne’s weather report as for Adelaide & Sydney – usual freezing night but actually sunny today. Gee its nice when the sky is blue for a change! We also had a nice walk….5 Km around Albert Park Lake, very pleasant. (where they hold the Grand Prix RT) Lots of black swans, teasing all the poor dogs on leads who could only bark in frustration as the swans glided by just out of their reach.

No yummy fish here. We are having my low cal bolognaise sauce, him on spaghetti and me on zucchini noodles. Craving cake today – almost baked, but realised I would probably devour most of it, so resisted. Definitely much hungrier after exercise!

Hi everyone, Jojo so glad to hear those pesky scales are moving in the right direction once again after being stuck for so long (even one week can be too long right now πŸ˜€ )

Ply ENJO are a great product, very environmentally friendly as uses minimal water and no chemicals, we’re happy to recycle old fibres too so lots less landfill as they also last minimum 2 years (spoke with one lady today who was looking to replace one of her items which she’s had for 14 years) so are also economically a better option too as you save hundreds of $$s per year no longer spent weekly/monthly in the supermarket … okay I’ll get off my soapbox before I keep going as I don’t want to bore all you lovely people. Note this is NOT my “day job” but I’m hoping that one day this will be all I’ll be doing outside the home so to speak (hurry up retirement, lol πŸ˜€ ).

Not exactly a FD today but very low cal for me of late so happy with progress so far. Planning to have a FD Tuesday or Thursday this week (one real one per week to commence back again as still taking some pain meds although nothing like I had been).

Beautiful sunny day today here too, with a slight breeze so still quite chilly but so nice and bright and warm when no breeze around.

Hermaj like Happy I too think you don’t give yourself justice, I love to hear from you and your doings as so interesting and gives pleasure.

Hi RT and all my fellow South Aussies, hope you enjoyed our ‘mini break from winter’ today just as I did. Also to those of our group in NSW and Vic as I believe your weather has been similar to ours. Having said that I’d STILL prefer it warmer as I watch the fire blazing away in the combustion heater sending waves of warmth over to me πŸ˜€

Love to all our NH friends too, enjoy the warmth and sun πŸ˜€

I’m about to make a concentrate vegetable stock which I’ll freeze in portions, then later I’ll make mushroom soup (probably tomorrow evening) which looks gross but tastes divine (made it before and know all about it, lol, some said ewww but then gave them a spoonful to taste and they then picked up bowls for filling). I don’t feel able to make larger portions of soup right now as I can only use left hand/arm up to a point and find some things quite difficult to do right now (this will improve over the coming weeks while I regain muscle tone and strength with physio).

Have to run before I bore you all to death πŸ˜€

Good morning all,
    Well I have lost another half a pound so that’s 3.5 this week. Feeling good.
    What have I changed this week to prompt such a leap. I did a half fluid day before I nearly passed out. I drank a lot more water, at least 4 pints because it has been so hot. I have met my 15000 steps daily goal and then some, weekly average 18000. I have had 4 good nights sleep out of last 7. I have resisted painkillers most days and only taken the one night time muscle relaxant. I also did not exceed 400 cals on fast days(3) and 1000 on non fast days. Food mostly chicken soup, fresh fish, salad. Still doing 19/5, swear by it now. Can’t do it every week but I managed this week. Challenge now is to maintain that for one week then hit the harsh schedule again.

Terrible thunder here at present and very dark skies, it’s end of the world scenario, rain on its way and expected all day. I guess my walk and bowls game will be in full wet weather gear. So tempting to stay home and do my packing but people relying on me to turn up so I will don the sou’wester and depart. Rain just arrived seriously heavy, filling my water butts nicely.

Speak tomorrow, good luck weekend Fasters, love to you all cyber chums, oh and friends of flesh(met in person) like Amazon and Smiffy.

Morning/evening all.

Overcast and cool this morning which is nice as it was very hot yesterday. I think we got the tail end of a huge storm, just a light shower at 8am, but there is a chance of a shower or two in the mext few hours. The forecast for the next week is for more hot weather with a few showers. I can’t believe how nice it has been so far this year. Spring was mild and fairly dry and the summer has been lovely. I hope it stays that way :fingerscrossed:

Plans for the week have changed so I’m not fasting today, but I’m aiming for a low calorie day so will have the fruit and yoghurt without granola and a huge salad for dinner.

Have a good one everybody πŸ˜›

Well done Jojo. Pleased to read of your downhill slide! Summer is thw time to do it! Go girl!
    Happy fasting (or not) gang P πŸ™‚

Hi Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Yes well it’s a toss-up of either tinned sardines or tuna salad the fish they were not biting it is alleged πŸ˜† I went around the new walking path again this afternoon with beanie and hoodie and yet the sun glasses where needed as well 17000 steps is a good Sunday low impact and yet productive as well we love this way of life yes Nama I have stayed at the Mecure Melbourne at Albert Park it was lovely to look out at the view very nice good to hear from you AO starting to ramp up the Fast Life again shout out to the rest of the fast trackers to keep on keeping on and do the doable
    Peace RT

Back for a minute to advise that concentrated vegetable stock made (and lots in the freezer in serving sizes so no thinking later on, lol). Also mushroom soup made and in serving sizes ready for fridge and freezer (majority in freezer).

Need to sort out freezer in here, all the others are done, as we have a whole sheep/lamb in portions expected Wednesday afternoon which will need freezing too (already have the heart, liver and kidneys frozen).

Pity re the missing fish RT, but I’m sure you had some fun trying to find them πŸ˜€

Will start using Fitbit again soon, still not walking that much but it will happen πŸ™‚

Chat more later πŸ˜€

[post removed]

Hermaj, each to their own, we love hearing from you when you want to post πŸ™‚ so whatever “floats your boat” is cool.

Ha Hermaj, now we get to the truth of the matter… πŸ™‚ We’re just not interesting enough for you… πŸ™

Happy I am confused. Why would someone continue to ‘lurk” if they found the thread ‘excruciatingly boring’?

Hi Nama,

It wasn’t the thread as a whole, just ‘many contributions’ which Hermaj finds boring… which suggests that some contributions must be pure gold and worth lurking for!?

[post removed]

Jojo,

A slight overreaction!

As in life, there will be inevitably be people here that you find more, or less, interesting.

And there will inevitably be conversations about things that you have no knowledge or interest in!

Hermaj was being honest, and I don’t see that she’s breached posting guidelines.

Harsh to say that she’s not welcome again…

Hi Jojo

you may remember I have lurked here for nearly six months – I’m active on some threads and a lurker on many – I read your thread every day and I must say I find it one of the most most entertaining!

Can I suggest that you don’t remove the thread, I think respect on all the threads is paramount and the way you deal with disrespect is spot on – people do get belittled and bullied from time to time – had it myself and its not nice – so its brilliant to see it just won’t be tolerated.

Hermaj was being honest and if she finds some of our posts boring fair enough, no need to get upset over it as it is hardly earth shattering information and unimportant in the grand scheme of life.

Lovely afternoon here πŸ™‚

Happy & Amazon, I am pretty thick skinned as a rule and would usually take your approach. But I am offended this time.

As Marcus Aurelius once said…

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.

Ah Happy! I am simply offended, far from distressed! I just think its a shame when people say anything negative. Life is too short, as Jojo said, better to say nothing at all. Night all.

Profuse apologies to all those offended by my honesty. A warm thank you to those who have defended my right not to beat about the bush, even if my comments are seen as negative. Happy, Milena and Amazon, your wise reactions are very much appreciated. Some, not all, contributions are boring while, as Happy points out, some are pure gold.

I’m also honest enough to state that I’m not very entertaining – British understatement meaning “boring”. I could therefore be accused of being a pot calling kettles black, an accusation to which I confess.

I see I was right to stay away and won’t be troubling you again. If anyone feels I should be chucked off the forum, who am I to disagree?

I see I’ve been modded and my “offending” post deleted. My instinct over the past few months has been to steer clear of the forum. Pity I didn’t follow my instinct. My tendency to put my foot right in it clearly makes me an unsuitable and undesirable member of this community.

I won’t be posting, or even hovering, again. I hope those with whom I’m in direct email contact will continue to “speak” to me. I genuinely value your cyber-friendships. Meeting such great people, many on the same wavelength but clearly more tactful than me, has been an unexpected bonus.

Adieu Hermaj…

No one should be made to feel unwelcome and unwanted.

We should celebrate difference, not jump up and down on it. How dull if we were all the same!

Hi Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    With some of the forward momentum now of liquid only fasts either standard 5-2 or even under 4-3 Mon-Wed-Fri it is quite remarkable how far black tea and coffee shed loads of water and for me green tea and green tea with lemon (twinning’s) will carry you round that off with a miso soup or similar cuppa soup and you are into the feed day next with no problems. As you all know I did the 4 day fast under this template not that long ago and now maybe a Mon Tue fast Wednesday feast and Thurs Fri fast and Weekend feast. I followed Amazon in this as she is the queen of B2B and the reality is its only one other day in the week really rather than 4-3 I think it just sounds more daunting than what it actually is once you get in the right head space. With AFD its 7 fasts in a fortnight with 4-3 its 6. Why not have a go at the 4 day and see how it rolls. Especially if the plateau has arrived and negativity begins to set in restart regroup and go again Measure and weigh and let the healing begin πŸ’‘ I watched the eat fast & live longer doco again over the weekend and I tend to forget the whole foundation was to research find and evaluate what we can do to live longer and in good health or to slow the signs of aging and the onset of all the known killers and as a wonderful spin off a weight loss methodology was born that has no peer in its compliance rate and success rate why would that be I wonder? Very Simple it works πŸ˜†
    Happy Fast Monday Team let’s get our fast on πŸ˜‰
    Peace RT

Gosh. I slept through Hermajgate! Vive la difference, I say. A variety of opinions is what keeps us all on our toes. We certainly don’t want a LOACA repeat, do we?
    Happy days fasters. Monday here…and off we go again. P x

Like you PVE I missed most of this as I was going to bed when I responded last night. Personally I did NOT take offence, just read it as it was meant, that Hermaj only posts when she feels she has something to contribute and that for a lot of the time she prefers reading and keeping her thoughts/feelings to herself. No need to throw her off here in my opinion, if she doesn’t want to contribute that is her choice, I just hope I was not the reason she felt she had to say something as I really do enjoy her contributions when she posts, and that is when she is read to post.

I don’t know anything about LOACA as that had obviously occurred before I commenced this WOL but all out nastiness is not needed, and let’s face it we all put things down in writing that comes out wrong in the reading by others, even when we don’t mean anything like that.

RT enjoying your suggestions, not ready for this yet, but might try a liquid only day one day this week, have to be careful still with what I do, but will give it a try.

Have to run, chat later πŸ™‚

Good Evening All,

I may have overreacted to the comments that I found ‘rude and objectionable’ but I am human. I had some very bad news this morning, the death of a friend from the bowls club. I was feeling very upset already.

I am sure those of you that do not approve of my actions could contact the administrator and get the post recovered, feel free to do so. I don’t agree with exclusion either therefore Hermaj has every right to post on this thread if she so desires, it is a public forum, as you say, variety is the spice of life and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Let’s put an end to this incident and concentrate on our weightloss goals. Tomorrow I will be trying a liquid fast again, it didn’t go too well last week but I am hoping it will go better this time.

Sorry about the bad news Jo. Remember, if you find the liquid only knocks you about, have something suitable (eg an apple) ready. Always best to be prepared. All the best. P

Thanks P,
    I guess at times like these, perspective gets distorted temporarily but eventually it returns to normal. There are far more important concerns I need to concern myself with, within family, friends and charitable causes. I now need to focus upon my friends grieving partner. She is one of the kindest people I know, friendly to everyone, inspirational.

Thank you for the fasting advice, I will carry an apple tomorrow, just in case I need it.

I am aiming to lose 2 lb this week- I know I can do this if I control fast days.

πŸ™‚

Life’s too short to not appreciate all the wise, wonderful and witty posters on this thread.
    Hermaj, you will be missed. Viva la difference!

Having a sun filled fast day on water alone. Penance for a very indulgent week away.
    Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all,

Another glorious summer morning.

Have a good one everybody πŸ˜›

Good morning to you, Amazon! Much too early for me to be up, but happens on occasion. Already looking forward to an afternoon nap! Coming off a tiring weekend of lots of family fun time. Only disappointment was my younger son being away at a destination wedding in Mexico, so missed his handsome face and good company. May end up with a liquid only fast into tomorrow, will see how it feels later when my eating window opens.

Hi Bay! Used your salt lick trick the other day! I was about to make some popcorn, but I realized I was only craving a bit of salt, so instead dipped my finger into some smoked sriracha sea salt which did the trick.

Sorry to hear of your friend, Jojo. Hope you can channel your sadness into support for her partner. Good luck with the liquid fast. PVE has good advice, as usual. Have something healthy at the ready, so if and when the hunger monster strikes, you can fight it back without damage.

Enjoy the summer or winter day, and happy fasting!

Morning All, After a very sleepless night I have woken with a stomach upset so fluid day is probably a good idea. Busy day moving boxes to the house as I can’t move in my hall now for packing boxes and renters group visit due tomorrow. Place looks like a warehouse at present.

Overcast here but looks like it might brighten and I will make the most of some walking and bowling. I have a friends birthday party to attend this afternoon so I need to cheer up, wake up and dress to impress. She has been travelling for six months so she might get a bit of a shock when she sees me.

Have a great day everyone

Jojo I am so sorry to hear about your friend . She needs lots of hugs xx

Good morning to everyone else ( you know who you are ) πŸ™‚ xx

This is my fastaversary today . 1 year ago I started 5.2 and I have lost 4 stone (6 stone in total) So much has happened and I have amazed myself that I haven’t gone back to consoling myself with food . I was a size 22/24 and now a 12/14 . I feel younger fitter and happier than I have been in years , Jim says I am slimmer now than I have ever been in the 58 years he has known me . My RA has improved beyond belief and my asthma is almost gone ( only on preventer now) . Bye for now all of you lovely lovely people and thank you so much for your support xxxxx

Balloons and champagne corks popping Wee!
    Congratulations on an incredibly successful year towards a younger you. Well done chum. P πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 10,551 through 10,600 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.