Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,501 through 10,550 (of 16,657 total)

• Good Morning Fast Trackers,

Nama – well done you- fantastic result, much like my first six months of fasting, it feels great does it not?

Sarah- good effort for a newbie here, keep it up.

Well weight not stalled anymore. Lost another pound today. I think the ‘key’ is the amount of sleep. I am now resigned to taking whatever tablets are necessary to get 7 hours sleep which helps me function in my active life. I will try liquid day again on Friday as I have no sport planned just packing. Hopefully yesterday was just heat related.

Happy now, I appreciate your concern and help always.
    I have tried increasing the calories on non fast days, many times, but it doesn’t work. I am quite happy with 1200 and it works, it must be the link to fat ratio that is the key to the maximum you can get away with because my exercise level has no impact. But as I have said before I have always been active. When that fat ratio gets lower I can increase my calorie allowance. You need muscle to burn calories not fat. I keep meticulous records so I can see the effects of everything I do. Most sucessful periods are when I have soup for lunch and huge salad with fish for dinner. Always have two pieces of fruit everyday, usually an apple and an orange but sometimes grapes or melon or berries.

Don’t worry about me guys I am ‘on it’ at the moment and plan to keep going down and changing it up until I win this battle. 10 stone here I come no matter what happens. I will be slim when I come to meet you all in Australia.

Hi jojo,

You perhaps need to switch some of your cardio exercise for weight bearing then to build muscle and improve your metabolism?

Hi Jojo,
    I am so pleased for you that things are moving again. Our bods are so complex, sleep could make a difference. All those hormones that whizz around us at different times. Thanks for your congrats, but its actually been 10 months since I started 5:2, even though it feels like 6! So I have lost exactly 20 kgs in 10 months, equals 2Kg/Month or just smidge over a pound a week on average! I am happy to be average!

Jojo,
    Do you weigh and measure everything?

My weight loss goes astray the minute I stop doing it, and it is what I eat on non fast days that is the issue. I discovered my estimated 150 calories of granola was nearer to 400 when I weighed it. I am measuring everything now, it doesn’t take long and makes such a difference for me.

Well done Nama you are an inspiration pal :)..

Well done all of you .

Jojo I am with Amazon here pal . weighing and recording everything is now habit with me , I usually plan the night before what I will be having the next day . I have been doing the liquid fasts for a wee while now and if I get to about 5 and I am OK then I know I can keep going . I don’t usually eat till later in the day anyway .

you are so busy and it might make it so much harder for you . I try to do it a day we don’t have dad and all I need to do is the basics .

I love to change my bed and sleep in a new made up bed . I change it all the time but Jim is now trained πŸ™‚ and he puts one end of the sheet on while I do the other πŸ™‚ so making it is not a problem . I can send him down to help you but just a short visit lol πŸ™‚ .

Monday will be my 1 year anniversary on 5.2 and i just can’t describe the difference in me since I started . I feel young again lol . I know that is mad at 73 but I do . I feel fitter than I have for years and years , longer than I can remember . Jim says I have a spring in my step but I think that’s because he can see me better now his eye has improved lol . My RA is so so much better and the Asthma is almost gone and only now using the preventer . . When I used to drive my hands would go dead ( the RA) and I would have to take one hand at a time of the steering wheel to shake life back into my fingers . NEVER have to do that now .

I am scared I am going to get a big head because every day I am meeting people who are amazed at the difference in me . I am so loving all the compliments .
    5.2 but especially all you lovely people on here . I love that we can share the ups and the downs and not worry about it . I know we have never met but I think of you all now as really good friends .. Take care ….Love you all

Wee xx

Hi All, I went out for a roast dinner today( left before pudding)last day of term celebration for my Rock Choir. It was lovely to actually chat with others that I normally sing with. Good to get to know them better.

It sunny but raining heavily, madness. I am just leaving for a bowls match. This evening will be all about painting doors. Dull but will keep me out of the kitchen.

Yes I count and weigh everything although I could probably do it with my eyes shut these days. No cheating here.

What a lovely post Wee. So rewarding to hear you listing the positives you have gained on your 1 year journey with 5:2. It isn’t imagination…a spring in the step is exactly what you gain! 73 is the new 43, didn’t you know?

All the best with the doors, Jojo. I found it interesting how much I realised I enjoyed it, despite, or maybe because of, the hassles. I love seeing the results of my labours. I love setting myself a challenge and achieving it and I love the meditative state I experience when doing repetitive tasks. πŸ™‚

I think portion creep is very real. I’ve found it happens to me if I don’t do proper fasts between more normal eating and meticulously measure . I used to measure 30g of oats to make porridge for example. If I didn’t it was surprising how it grew. I don’t eat oats at all any more, but 30g with strawberries and no milk was a great nonfast breakfast in the early days.

I was also thinking about that sick feeling we often mistake for hunger. Soda water is brilliant at bringing up burps, which is the main reason we feel sick and want to eat. Trust me, I was going to wtite a book on morning sickness πŸ˜‰

Lastly, the ups and downs of basic 5:2 is what kicks the body into fat burning and makes this doable in the long term….knowing the food you crave is only a day away. Low cal all the time isn’t the same. But obviously overeating on non fast days would negate the fasts. It sure is a fine line, isn’t it?
    Just some food for thought.

12.57am here. Wide awake after a few hours sleep. Blow! Cheers all P

You are up late Purple! I am just about to go to bed, normal time for me. But I am not an early riser!
    Funny that you and Jojo are both painting doors in different hemispheres at the same time. I painted all 26 doors in our house (includes robes etc) when we built it 27 yrs ago and am just recovering now.(used oil based paint and it lasted!) Husband has done all the repaints! I hope you get some sleep soon.

I agree with Purple Weemam, what a lovely post to read. If you pop down to Aus for a party on Monday, you could change all the beds whilst you are here! I hope I am as chirpy when I am your age!!

Not still up, Nama.:( I went to bed early and the cold woke me… even with a heater and wooly socks! I need my warm boy. Can’t imagine getting back to sleep now, especially with Mr P away. Too easy to stay awake now. Hope you are cosy in bed. P x

Oh dear, next you will be making a midnight snack. I am just pegging last load of washing on Mrs Peggs (clothes horse) then will hop in. Don’t you have an electric blanket?

Are you mad Nama? Hanging out washing on a freezing winter’s night at 1.30am?
    I am usually in bed at 10pm. I turn into a pumpkin after that. πŸ˜† The electric blanket is on the downstairs bed. This is the warmer room. And remember, we don’t think it gets cold in Sydney! Ha!

No not mad, finally in bed at 2am, pretty usual for me! Mrs Peggs is my indoor clothes line and the washing will be dry in the morning as its in the warm part of the house that had the heater on! Maybe you need to invest in another electric blanket, I remember some freezing nights (and days) in winter when we lived in Pennant Hills in your neighbourhood! The days were sunny but the nights were really cold. Night ..

Hello all

Lots to catch up on here! Hope you Southerners are now in the land of nod.

Nama – great result! You must be feeling on top of the world – Wee too. Well, floating actually, light as a couple of feathers.

Wee, so glad to hear about Jim’s progress, but sad news about your Dad. What a despicable disease Altzheimers is.

Ply – your trip to Cape Cod sounds fantastic. What a lovely start to your summer break, albeit intermittent with bits of work thrown in.

Purple – how I envied you sitting watching the moon rise over the ocean with a glass of something chilled. I had the glass in my hand but watching a herd of cows and swatting the bloody flies they bring with them. Not quite so romantic a picture! How funny you and Jojo should both be painting doors. I’m very much into painting old furniture white at our house in Wales. I’ve got lots of old bits and pieces which have been given a new lease of life. I find it very therapeutic.

Jojo – well done on the loss. So sorry you have to struggle so much but it sounds as though things are on the move again. You may well have been retaining fluid as a result of this hot spell, as the body is apt to do.

I’ve nearly finished my second FD of the week – my third on the FBD. I must confess I haven’t been counting the calories on non-fast days this week, but as the weather has been so hot, we have lived mainly on seafood and lean meat salads. We have been up very early to walk the dogs before the heat rises too much, so have been doing three or four miles a day. I’m feeling quite optimistic about getting on the scales tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

AO – glad you are continuing to improve and well done on only a small gain during such a difficult time. It will soon disappear.

Amazon – bet you are in Wimbledon Heaven at the moment! Love the sound of the Fast Peach Diet!

Having a change from salad this evening as my only fast meal of the day – sausage and roasted ratatouille courtesy of my favourite 5.2 Diet Meal Planner by Woman app. I shall even have enough calories for a few tiny new potatoes from the garden. The courgettes are also home grown – I love summer!

Hi to everyone else – have a good evening/morning, you great bunch of losers!

Smiffy x

I am in Wimbledon heaven πŸ˜›

Andy played so well today, and there have been some other good matches.
    The rain was brief and the fine weather has returned so I’ve had to water the garden which is looking glorious. I’ve got an ancient chipped Belfast sink and I’ve filled it with Busy Lizzies and they look glorious. The whole garden which is very small, looks fab, so much colour and the roses are looking and smelling divine.
    I would like to sit out with a glass of wine but I’m trying to abstain from alcohol inless I go out as there is too much temptation to drink the whole bottle once opened, although if Andy lifts the trophy next weekend an exception will be made!
    It is certainly easier to fast in this weather as the thought of a large meal does not appeal at all.

I had some fruit this evening and will have had just under 300 calories by the end of the day. I usually have 500 on FDs so that is a result. The second Fast Peach Day can wait until next week πŸ˜›

Haha Amazon – from your typos it sounds as if you have been on the wine already!

You’ve edited! Shame – it was really funny!

Since I spilt coffee on my detachable keyboard and have had to use the on screen one I’ve made more typos than in the previous twenty five years πŸ˜†
    It is more difficult than the keyboard on my phone despite being at least ten times larger!

Good evening losers,
    Won another game and now having a tea break before painting begins. Watching Nadal and Brown, really good match at Wimbledon.ight be difficult to drag myself away.

No food for me tonight as I had a roast at lunchtime, still full.

Smiffy- good to hear from you.

Nama- I rarely go to bed before 1 am either, always busy.

Sorry Amazon – I’ve got to post the relevant paragraph – it was just too funny!

“I would like to sit out with a flass of wine but I’m teying tomabstain from alcohol inless I go out as there is too much temptation to drink the whole bottle once opened, although if Andy lifts the trhy next weekend an exception will be made!”

Morning (or evening) all my fellow losers πŸ˜€

Well my scales have spoken (officially this time) total gain for the past 6 weeks (well 7 since last weigh day) is 1.6kg as today I removed all clothing to weigh so super happy with that, a little less to re-lose than I thought and considering I’m still on pain relief (albeit not as much as the first 2 or 3 weeks) I don’t think I’m doing so very badly after all and should be able to move it fairly quickly, however due to pain meds I cannot do a liquid only FD so will just have a 5 to 600 Cal day for a FD.

Up relatively early today due to pain but that’s expected as had physio yesterday and that always stirs things up a bit. Have various exercises to undertake 3 times/day for at least 10 repetitions.

Wee loved your post, I too feel that we know each other pretty well and are good friends because of it. Glad also to hear of Jim’s progress with the eyes. I feel for you re your darling Dad, hugs to you.

PVE and Nama I was awake (but in bed) until after midnight last night but am up again at 5am, at least I can snooze for a little later if I need to as no work for me today.

No hope of me painting any doors, walls etc as my OH doesn’t let me he is a painter by trade and one time I was painting a cot for our first expected child and I got a lot of paint running down my arms (deliberately I freely admit here but would deny to him, lol) and so when he came in and saw that he banned me from any interior/exterior home painting (including furniture) but does allow me my canvas painting now πŸ˜€

Enough rambling from me for a time and will chat more later πŸ™‚ have a fun day/evening all πŸ˜€

Smiffy we cross posted (well I was typing my epic when you posted) and I agree so very funny πŸ˜€

This keyboard is a nightmare as I find I have to hit the middle of the key to select the correct letter or number. I can use the other one at times but some of the keys are broken. I can’t change from upper to lower case, and the shift and alt keys are stuffed!!!!
    I could get the workings of the detachable keyboard replaced but there is no guarantee that it will solve the problem.

Amazon I never notice the typos as I talk typos lol . I honestly wouldn’t bother about it

Wee xx

No need to explain Amazon – it’s that liquid diet! πŸ˜‰

Amazon,

What’s the ofromosed weather for Wimbledon tomorrow? πŸ™‚

Wee, I’m not bothered by it but the keyboard is a real pain especially when I’m writing a letter or sending an official email rather than chatting to someone.

Sunshine all the way Happy πŸ˜›

Poor Amazon πŸ™ I bought a tablet just before an overseas trip a few years ago. The touch keyboard nearly drove me insane and the number of errors I made were trΓ©s embarrassing. My laptop isn’t talking to the wifi, so I do all mine on the phone keyboard (yeah Samsung)

Well done AO. I did wonder why you included clothes weight originally! Clever move with the professional painter. Why didn’t I think of that?

Your glass watching the cows sounds lovely, Smiffy. Painting everything in sight white is very effective, until you get home and see yourself and your glasses in the mirror πŸ™

I don’t know how you all survive on so little sleep. I have to have my 8 hours. I thought research showed sleep deprivation was very poor for health? (I’m sure Simcoe will come up with a reference ).
    Hope that washing is dry Nama.
    Have a good one. P

I need plenty of sleep too. I didn’t realise how chronically tired I was until I gave up work and slept at least ten hours a night for a couple of months. Nowadays my average is eight.

http://sleepfoundation.org/how-sleep-works/how-much-sleep-do-we-really-need

Just to kick it off πŸ™‚

Getting to bed after a quiet, non electronic time, sans alcohol and coffee seem important. So does routine. NB weight gain is one of the effects of sleep deprivation, I’ll add bad mood to that too πŸ˜‰

Hi P,

I function best on somewhere around 8 hours sleep, but rarely achieve that. I’m a light sleeper, easily disturbed…

I’ve read previously that lack of sleep is implicated in all sorts of health issues, including weight gain. But also the dangers of artificial light at night, especially for women, and links to cancers.

I’m lucky where we live that there is absolutely no light pollution. Unless there’s a moon, it’s proper ‘can’t see your hand in front of your face’ dark.

If I wake in the night I don’t put lights on, and I certainly don’t use my phone or tablet. I lie in the dark until sleep comes again. If I need the loo, I stagger round in the dark bumping off walls and furniture! Luckily it’s en suite so there’s no danger of me falling downstairs in the dark πŸ™‚

But now I’m spoilt for sleeping anywhere else! It’s a bit like going somewhere and there not being a memory foam mattress… Nope, not sleeping πŸ™

This doesn’t happen to me very often but i have no words to describe my shock and disbelief at this mornings news story absolutely soul destroying and incomprehensible RIP Phil Walsh

Any early violent death is tragic RT. Xx

So glad the scale is finally moving, Jojo!

Purple and Amazon, I am with you on sleep. I am an early riser, but that means I am in bed by 10 at the latest! Occasionally I get in a bad cycle of waking up at night, and I feel awful until I get back to my 6-8 hours.

I saw a really interesting movie about light pollution a few years ago at a local film festival, Happy. There are very few places in the world that are dark like yours!

Count me in as a successful liquid faster! Only water and coffee for me today, and it is 8 pm. I think I can make it to an early bedtime. I did a weightlifting class at the gym this morning, and I have felt great all day. I am going for a run early tomorrow morning, and will bring a piece of fruit along just in case. I am pretty sure I can do this occasionally, once every couple of weeks or so. I think one of the great things about 19:5 is that it can turn into a full day fast if you don’t feel the need to eat at the designated time.

RT, tragic news. How awful for all.

RT you wont be alone this morning, Phil Walsh’s murder will affect more than the football community. Its so tragic from so many perspectives, but especially of course if it does turn out to be his own son that stabbed him. All of us with sons can understand the fine line between a young man’s anger and a situation getting out of control. I feel so sad for Phil’s wife, but especially sad for his son, if he was responsible. Just a true tragedy.

Slept from 2.30am til 8.30am so thats my 6 hours. I seem to need less now retired, ocasionally have a big catch up of 8 hours! Always at my best about 1am!! My dad was the same, I blame him!

Great work with your fast Ply. I think no food at all is actually easier plus my appetite has diminished significantly after 2 x 36hr fasts. Hopefully its ‘normal’ now!

Glad you are enjoying the tennis Amazon. Nice to be in heaven! Laughed at the typos, thanks Smiffy! I type on iPad with a wifi keypad, cant stand touch typing on screen. I am jealous of your roses, your garden sounds magical. I have jonquils and daphne out though, so my kitchen smells beautifully with the daphne.

Smiffy I agree with Purple, I love cows too! They are so gentle. Felt guilty eating a T-bone steak last night, but not too guilty to buy it, hmm….

AO if I got up as early as you usually do every day, I would need to go back to bed for a sleep after lunch every day! Great news on the revised weight, very well done. Amazing in fact, considering how much you have been thru with your arm.

I am having a quiet ‘me’ day today, may even go thru the wardrobe for a chuck out session. My heaven!
    Then will light the fire to watch a big footy game tonight, tho I expect it will be somewhat overtaken by last night’s tragedy. Boys and partners (whoops, one of the girls is still in Paris) here for a roast tomorrow night, so that will be lovely…

Enjoy that me day, Nama! Well deserved, and congrats on your anniversary and impressive loss. I too love throwing out all the clothes that don’t fit. Some favorite things I miss, but a it makes room for new. I bought new running shoes and some bright new workout clothes today. Can’t wait to wear them tomorrow!

I found a post on my son’s Facebook wall from me two years ago that said, “another successful use of the mandoline. I can’t believe I haven’t lost a finger or even part of one yet!” The boys gave me the mandoline for my birthday a few years ago!

Thanks Ply! Your new gear sounds lovely, enjoy!
    Mandolin is lethal but I have even more respect now (or is that fear?). I love it for all sorts of dishes. I saw a photo once of someones fingers that had been caught in a paper shredder, that even made my stomach turn! My injury was nothing compared to that, almost healed now.

Hi All,

Well I have just fallen into a chair after painting all 7 doors, stair hand rail, skirting boards and door frames. Looking very bright and breezy in my hall now.

Truly exhausted though, especially neck and arm, but it’s done now so I can get back to packing and cleaning tomorrow after a nice lay in tomorrow.

Sorry to hear of the murder of Phil Walsh, what terrible tragedy for family and fans.

It seem that all the news is about death, UK holiday makers and the recent Ferry Disaster.

Hi Fast Trackers,
    Water fast worked great.
    Ply- this is the first summer I did not take a graduate level class or tutor a student. I have been busy with family and friends. Which was one of my goals this summer.
    Jo=jo my planter boxes hold old English roses and shamrocks. The sad thing is we are only allowed to water twice a week, so I dump my dish water on them daily. We are not allowed to water our lawns, due to the drought. My lawns are brown. Maybe next year.
    AO- you are doing amazingly well, I love your attitude.
    weemam- I agree everyone here are lovely people which I feel so included in their lives. It makes me think of SAMM.
    HappyNow- you are very fortunate not to have any other lights besides the moon, that is why I love backpacking.
    Amazon- I like to sleep from 9:00-5:30 I love to sleep and can probably sleep 10 hours if I could.
    PVE- Stay warm.
    Nama- I love reading your posts too.
    Smiffy- Hi
    RT- Horrible news.
    I know I missed someone-hi to you too.
    For the first time ever in my life, every blouse or shorts I try on looks good on me. It is an amazing feeling I can share with you fast trackers. Thank you for the support.
    Good night all, leaving early for a 7 hour drive to the beach. Should be a cool 72 degrees during the day. I am praying traffic will not be bad in Southern California.

Good afternoon all from chilly Adelaide Hills – 4.30pm and 8C outside. Mr F has just lit the fire.

RT, terrible news about Phil Walsh. It’s a clichΓ© that domestic violence is dished out by husband/father to the rest of his family – not always of course. A tragedy for his family and the whole AFL community as he had been involved in so many clubs as player, assistant coach and now coach. Just heard the Sunday Geelong-Crows match called off – appropriately respectful response.

Wee, what a lovely post – you are such a sweetie. Glad to hear Mr Wee’s eye is coming good. Sorry your dear dad is fading but at least he’s not suffering pain or the terror that besets some Alzheimer sufferers. I don’t need to tell you to cherish him, you always have. (((hugs)))

Jojo, well done on the scales moving again. I admire yours and others here their stamina and resolve on liquid only fasts. Not sure I could do it with my family life as it is but in times past I never thought I could go 20 hours without eating. As RT said, it was a major thing to miss breakfast for a fasting blood test. Just usual life now so I guess we never know what we’re capable of until we try. BTW, must have missed the post but what’s FMD?

AO, well done on limiting the gain after all you’ve been through. That won’t take long to lose.

Nama, regarding your mandolin adventures, I have a stainless steel mesh glove used by boners in meat factories and by butchers. My butcher bought it on my behalf from his supplier. It’s really comfortable, light, flexible, can be used on either hand and can be put in the dishwasher. I recommend it. Mine hangs on a hook near the knife board.

Have had a bad week with two recalcitrant men – a subordinate and the secretary of a society of which I’m the newsletter editor. I have sorted both of them out with face to face or email conversations which were polite but clearly conveyed my displeasure and expectations of future behaviour. Also privately devised a strategy to deal if they don’t change. Feel much better now and felt sufficiently calm and in control that the contretemps didn’t send me to comfort eating. Both issues have been building for some time and I have bitten my tongue on numerous occasions over the liberties they have taken. No more! Mr F promised to be on his best behaviour or he might get the same treatment. πŸ˜‰

Sorry for not mentioning others specifically. Well done everyone on achievements – painting, fasting, exercise and other activities.

Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Morning/evening all.
    Another glorious morning. I’m off to the gym soon but need my two mugs of tea first.

It is fascinating that sleep deprivation is implicated in so many health issues. I’ve no idea how much research has been done or how accurate it is though. All I know is that I am miserable and crabby if I get too tired.
    I love going to places where it gets really dark at night without lots of strret lights, buildings and traffic. There is usually no noise pollution either although laying in a tent in the African bush leads to a very over active imagination every time there is the slightest noise, and as for having to get out of the tent and walk 50m to the loo can be terrifying especially when you are wild camping!

Nama my garden is very small but I’ve packed in as much as I can and it looks very colourful at the moment. I live on the first floor and have an outside staircase that leads to the garden from the kitchen door and I love to stand with my tea on mornings such as this and look at it πŸ˜›

I threw anothet three bags of clothes into a recycling bin yesterday. Some of them were hardly worn but the charity shops are all fit to burst with clothing, and the bin I used supports the needy so hopefully my clothes will be well worn by someone.

Nicky well done on sorting out those annoying issues without the aid of a loaf of bread or a bar of chocolate. It is so easy to resort to food at times of stress but I think that this WOE helps us gain regain control over what and when we eat.

Time to get moving, have a good one everybody.

Hi all!

Nicky, glad you were able to put the chuckleheads in their place without doing damage to yourself! Quite admirable.

I just finished hour 41 of fasting! Not sure when to stop!! I managed a4-mile run with no issues, and I didn’t feel the need to eat my emergency Apple. I then went to take a car for a test drive. I am sure the salesman would not have let me drive if I had told him I hadn’t eaten since Wednesday evening at 7! So, some advice fast friends…when to stop??

Your body will tell you when, just keep up the fluids if you’re not hungry πŸ™‚

Thanks, Amazon! I have been drinking lots of water! I guess I am hungry, but I am liking the challenge of putting off eating! I think I could probably make it to 48 with a late dinner tonight. I have been in the kitchen for the last few hours baking cookies and making ice cream for ice cream sandwiches to bring to the Fourth of July party tomorrow. Not tempted at all! I am also making grilled eggplant, zucchini, and tomato veggie stacks with basil, fresh mozzarella, and balsamic drizzle. One healthy item, one treat!

Just read this quote in a fasting article, which paraphrases RT’s wise advice: Abstinence is easier than moderation!

Hi Fast Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All Know Who You Are) πŸ˜†
    Hi Nicky yes the FMD in my business is Foot and Mouth Disease which of course would most definitely decimate the meat processing industry that we have so it’s not that πŸ˜‰
    But
    Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD),
    The link to the article is here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11683736/Five-day-fasting-diet-slows-down-ageing-and-may-add-years-to-life.html

to be fair I read it and glad I did but in terms of new or improved I personally didn’t get a lot from it I am happy with the template I currently run 5-2 and 19/5

β€œOur objective on a fast day is to achieve as long a fasting window as possible”
    Peace RT

From the aromas coming through my windows I would say that 90% of my neighbours are having a BBQ. Make hay while the sun shines πŸ˜›

Ply you had me at Hello πŸ˜‰
    but ice cream sandwiches i have not had the experience 😯
    but your veggie stack with balsamic now that is
    a whole new level of master-chef awesomeness πŸ’‘
    clearly today
    tomorrow is yesterday
    so its the 4th of July here now
    Happy Days Ply

RT,

Ice cream sandwiches are fab, usually made with cookies rather than bread, but I couldn’t eat more than three πŸ˜‰

Hello All,
    What a busy day I have had getting my flat ready for a photo shoot for the rental agency.
    I have de humanised my kitchen as it is the feature of the flat, cool, clear and ultra clean look. In other words empty work tops and surfaces including cupboard tops.
    I ended up packing suitcases to remove stuff from rooms, it’s crazy.

The agent loved it and has booked a group of possible renters to come on Tuesday evening. Hopefully this will get me a tenant and I won’t have lots of viewings.

I gave myself the afternoon off to watch my team play bowls whilst I sat in the sun, lovely.
    I had soup for lunch and scrambled egg for dinner. Hungry monster driving me crazy but I am resisting.
    Sorting clothes now, like Amazon, time to get rid of big stuff.
    Singing tomorrow at a Charity Garden Party, can’t wait.

I

You are a legend, Ply! Have a happy 4th July (and happy birthday to my son …. 4 deg here, just like the year he was born!)
    All the best with the potential tenants, Jo. You have done all the prep so should have no trouble getting good ones.
    Have a good weekend everyone. P πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 10,501 through 10,550 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.