Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,001 through 9,050 (of 16,657 total)

• EMEL
    Very good to hear you are enjoying the trip.
    I believe it’s just as important to enjoy our foods as it is to restrict them. To me the important thing would be the confidence knowing I can restart intermittent fasting any week of my life. So I could enjoy the new experiences while traveling . Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Amazon I’m chuffed for you! Great work keepin on!

Ok JoJo
    Here an article I like about dietary PH
    It’s not complete, but is an easy to read and simple to try approach.

Ill spend most of the day looking through other views. Some people’s think it’s goobledegook. I don’t think it is , and see how easy it is to be aware and simple to remedy. I don’t see how it could harm even if it is gobbledegook.

It say something about how it takes 8 waters to neutralize. 1 coffee . So In That context it mat be intresting to wrap our heads around it for times when were dealing with inflammation symptoms. May good to understand how to test at home, and have a quick remedy as quick delicous meal or treat.

EMEL
    Very good to hear you are enjoying the trip.
    I believe it’s just as important to enjoy our foods as it is to restrict them. To me the important thing would be the confidence knowing I can restart intermittent fasting any week of my life. So I could enjoy the new experiences while traveling . Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Amazon I’m chuffed for you! Great work keepin on!

Ok JoJo
    http://adrianarmstrong.com/help-reduce-pain-and-inflammation-by-balancing-your-ph/
    Here an article I like about dietary PH
    It’s not complete, but is an easy to read and simple to try approach.

Ill spend most of the day looking through other views. Some people’s think it’s goobledegook. I don’t think it is , and see how easy it is to be aware and simple to remedy. I don’t see how it could harm even if it is gobbledegook.

It say something about how it takes 8 waters to neutralize. 1 coffee . So In That context it mat be intresting to wrap our heads around it for times when were dealing with inflammation symptoms. May good to understand how to test at home, and have a quick remedy as quick delicous meal or treat.

Afternoon all.
    Thanks for your good wishes.

Emel, your trip sounds like a fascinating experience. I hope your foot copes with the fancy shoes.

I’m even happier as I realised I had made an error and I only have 18lbs to go not 20! 😛

I had a good morning at the gym and came home starving. I did some shopping on the way and a packet of corn chips jumped into my shopping basket. I was about to return them to the shelf when I noticed they were on special. I then realised it was a sign that I must buy them Smiley

The weekly bread treat has been consumed in the form of a bacon sarnie, and I’m now counting the minutes until a reasonable interval has passed before opening the corn chips………………..

Good one RT.
    however , when I caught my first wife fooling around , I lost 50lbs in 6 months. Hmmmm.

Here another PH info website. Foods link with a nice little chart too.
    http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html

Here’s a much much longer lists of foods and their ph values.
    http://www.pickyourown.org/ph_of_foods.htm

http://www.eidusa.com/Theory_pH_FOOD.htm

And this about turmeric
    http://www.naturalnews.com/042335_turmeric_phytochemicals_vitamins.html
    If you choose to use turmeric as an anti inflamatory food, it’s best to use together with black pepper.
    And you should read the weblink to avoid possible drug interactions.

I use it in tomato soup with mixed vegetables where pepper is preferred
    It is on the #12 highest IF
    Serrano peppers being the highest, but the Serrano doesn’t have the other benefits the turmeric has.
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000992000000000000000.html
    If your looking for anti inflammation foods. This page should be copied.

IMHO
    I truly believe there will be a shift from screaming at us to control our cholesterol. To screaming at us to control our inflammation. My thought is combining the proven anti cancer foods, and the proven anti inflammation foods into the diet in almost every meal. And makem taste yummy!

SAMM,
    There are benefits to an injured knee after all. You get to do research and reading 😛

RT
    Red beans – one of the highest sources of anti oxidants, also has the enzyme that makes most people sensitive to the full feeling. Glad you were listening. Besides. 300-400 calorie for 70cents. Lasts 3-4 hours before feeling hungry again. It’s at the top of my list.
    My experience has been that I can add all sorts of stuff to them if I like. If I may toot mine own horn!

My fav combo is red hot luisiana catfish, red beans, and turnip greens for 600. Not hungry for 5.5 hours.
    But on a feed day I add the cornbread, and sweetened carrots. For 1200

Hint from my notes.
    1 can mixed vegtables in sugar free tomato sauce
    1/4 can red beans in chili sauce
    300 calories. Last 4 hours before hunger and 5 hours before hunger pang.

But keep up on some good farting humor as the occasion to use such humor may arise!

Morning all … FINALLY some sunshine 😀 after 2 days of no sunshine it’s lovely to see it again with mainly clear skies.

What a wonderful day to restart 😀

Have grandsone here today so will have to get moving as he’s just got up 😀

Good evening all,
    Sorry I am posting so late. I have had a wonderful and very busy day. Firstly I played and won bowls, by a huge margin of 20 points. I walked the dogs the picked up my SIL at the station. We had a salmon salad for lunch and then shopped till we dropped. I prepared dinner, just eggs on toast(gluton free). We then went to a 60’s night and did not get off the dance floor all night. The singer mimicked all the oldies and played 5 different guitars including a 12 string. It was excellent entertainment.
    Back home and fallen into bed exhausted.

Feed day but less than 1000 cals

Well done, Amazon

Jumping corn chips 😉 highly nutritious and good for the soul. What an amazing weight loss 🙄

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hello fellow-fasters everywhere – have been following the posts but never enough time to respond properly and every day there were ever more pages to catch up with.

in South Australia: Emel (so glad you’re enjoying your China trip, hope your sore foot is better soon), AO, RT and comespring

in Victoria: Nama in (thanks for telling us about your breakfast RV with Purple)

Bay in ACT, Purple in NSW, Barata in NZ

in UK: Jojo (have loved hearing about your French adventures with your daughter and Smiffy, sad about your triple hit on arrival home, your aunt sounds like a marvellous role model, hope your boiler and hip soon mended), Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon (great weight loss!), Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee (sorry I missed your birthday while I was AWL, glad you enjoyed your icecream treat; sad news of your BIL’s death, sending e-hug to Mr Wee), CW and Tartanlass

Wiwi in France, Applepie in Spain

in USA: Ply, SAMM (sorry to hear of your scary accident, hope your knee heals soon, wise words about both good and bad times not lasting) Lori and HealthCoachB

DJ in Canada;

If I’ve missed anyone, no offence intended. As RT says: “You know who you are.”

Two good fasts Mon-Tue this past week, stayed under 1200C on Wednesday and under target TDEE Th/Fr. Saw friends Wednesday for first time since January – comments like ‘you look amazing’ were very gratifying. Feeling very ‘second-hand’ today as have caught OH’s cold, which he caught from grandies. Had yummy road beef for dinner last night and have made big pot of leek soup for lunches – very comforting now the weather has turned wintry.

Take care everyone and keep up the good work.

JoJo
    A day well lived. May we all have many more.

NickyF I went out with my wife , sorts felt a bit lax when I had. The fish with vegtables and the bread, I know I went over TDEE was having mixed feelings. We drove by the old house, the old neighbors were out milling around and my wife pulled near them in the car. Non of them recognized me , I mean. 16 years I got on their nerves, and they just couldn’t figure out who I was. No mixed with the feelings. If I do fail on a some days or have break, or like now where I’m too sore to exercise or fast. I know it’s the number of fasts I do per year that’s making the impact.

I’m very glad to hear these same things from others on this site. Happy for you NickyF

Great joke RT. Again I am looking at all your comments so late at night. I did make it through my 12th fast day while joining 5:2 and doing so good. I use to binge on Fridays.. now I fast. SAMM take it easy, Chalene Johnson just came out with a new podcast about IF, lots of information which I thought was controversial. I am still reading Cristi Vlad’s book.
    Good night everyone or is it good morning.

Hi
    I have been absent for a few days, so lots to catch up on.

Samm, sorry about your accident. I am sure the rest is doing you a lot of good.
    JoJo, lots of things happening for you at present. It’s hard to lose relations, I am sad to hear that.
    Happy Birthdays, Wee and Happy
    Amazon, wow 66lbs (30kg). Champion!!

I read the book by Bert Herring about 19:5 and have been on that for a week. This morning my BMI reached 30. I habe lost 2kilos since the beginning of April. Soon the big O…. word will be gone for ever.
    Off to the rubbish tip with the discards from spring cleaning.

Happy Day/Night
    Wiwi

Morning/evening all.

One thing about losing weight is that I can’t tolerate alcohol as well as before, so last night after three glasses of wine at a friends house, I was thanking my lucky stars that my journey home only meant crossing the road!
    I do feel fine this morning though. It is a beautiful morning and I’m going to Hampton Court Palace. I’ve not been for nearly 30 years and it is time I had another look round. It is right by the Thames, so if we have energy left, we’ll walk some of the way home along the towpath 🙂
    Jojo, sounds like a great day, but I doubt your hip got much rest, I think someone is going to have to tie you down 😉

Whatever you’re doing this weekend, enjoy 😛

Hi Amazon
    Absolutely! Cheap drunks now, all of us 😉
    Enjoy Hampton Court. I go there every time I’m in London as my aunt lives nearby. Fantastic piece of history. Pity we in Aust don’t care for our history like that. I’ve just been on yet another National Trust walk through some historic harbourside buildings. The Govt is desperate to sell them off for redevelopment. Marvellous what neglect does to our heritage. 🙁 P

I will not be known as a cheap drunk, I’ll have to start drinking champagne 😉

Mmm..the bubbles make it work FAR quicker; )

Downloaded the podcasts.
    It’s always good to hear more perspectives on the same group of subjects.

I guess mine would be that no mater what , I refuse to be sedentary ever again, and refuse to NOT be in control of my weight.one thing learned over the last two years. I can exercise and get my weight down to healthy levels, but If I don’t make healthy food choices I’m still in the top 3 risks of death.
    Those being tobacco, alcohol, and poor diet.

As you may guess, I love eating food so much that became obese, I now semi fast to lose fat.
    With the suggestion to do what is doable, not only for exercise, not only for fast days, but also what’s doable on feed days!
    First I gave up fizzy drinks. Anti cancer/Anti inflammation teas instead.
    7 walnuts everyday
    Healthy fish 2-3 times a week
    Only 20 servings of beef,chicken,pork a month.
    Low glycemic vegtables.
    Foods rich in anti oxidants
    Pre and probiotic foods
    Appropriate supplements.

Not to mention HIIT, walking and weight bearing, balanced with good sleep.
    Steadily losing 70lbs over 2 years .

I’m still keepin my ears and mind open. However after looking back in mine own past in the ways I’ve lost weight. I look at IF as a food lover. As intermittent hunger days. I will lose weight slowly over time and will not be hungry 4-5 days a week. In addition I will be able to enjoy myself eating with friends and family, participating in the holiday feasts , and then go right back to the IF lifestyle.

The one thing I won’t forget no matter how far I go with this. I started incapacitated , in bed and have slowly increased my activity by doing the doable. Luckily that has meant becoming stronger and more active than I was in my youth.
    Getting injured again , stuck in the bed only able to walk to another place to rest or to a car. I know i need to heal. So I do it. But I’ll never go back to the sedentary life again. I find 1 lb a week doable, and 2lbs a week achievable. This week I gained 3lbs 😮

I’m more like the turtle than the hare. I may not win the race , but I will get to Finnish line.

Congrats again on your forgotten two pounds, Amazon!
    Great job, Sarah, keep it up!
    Wiwi, huge kudos on reaching that important milestone!
    Jojo, sounds like you are back to your cheerful self, hope the hip stays relatively quiet.
    I have had a fab two weeks doing 4:3 and 18:6. It is honestly difficult to overeat in the 6-hour window. (Mine is from 1:00-7:00 pm) Highly recommended. It can be tough to get through the morning hours, especially for an early riser like me, but the evenings are pretty easy. I have been super-strict food wise, logging well under TDEE even on non-fast days. No carbs, no sweets, and just a little wine! It has paid off to the tune of just over 8 pounds in just over 2 weeks. I plan to continue this plan for at least 4 more weeks, in anticipation of two special events in May. The first is my son’s law school graduation at the end of the month, and the second is a meeting with PVE, who will be visiting Boston. I have been so envious of all your overseas meet ups, and I am super-excited!!
    Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Wow, purple, you get around. Driving to Melbourne to say hi to Nama, and pick up a tuba. Did you fly in your classy fiat? I once hitch-hiked from Sydney to Melbourne and it took 24 hours. Now you are off to Boston to see Ply.
    I like your sum up of where people are, Nicky.RT too tells us, but I find the paragraphing easier to follow.

Ply, as from next week I think I will do 4:3 and continue the 19:5. I eat from 5pm to 10pm. It turns into more of a 20:4. It’s effective. But by the end of the afternoon, I’m starving! Like you, I have big events in May and I would like to lose 2 or 3 more kg before then.

I discovered something interesting with my scales. On the stone floor downstairs, I weigh 2 kg less than on our too flexible floor upstairs. That brings my weight loss to 4 kg in a month.

I am following in your steps, Amazon and JoJo. I am the proud owner of a pair of pink jeans too now, though they are in Italy. They are dusky pink.

I must follow up your threads, Samm

Spring cleaning and getting rid of junk is great. We took 2 carloads to the village bin. It feels like losing weight too.

Happy weekend.
    XX Wiwi

Just some tidbits .

peanuts , about 20 per week are declared as the healthy amount for heart health.
    Can put in a yogurt smoothie with strawberries for a treat.
    My reading took me to tumeric , discover it’s not easy to uptake , and it’s uptake is better with black pepper to help synergies. My experimental 300 cal meal was a chickpea tumeric tomato and serrano pepper with black pepper in a small amount of cheese.
    Sorta like cheesy cauliflower, cheesy chickpeas.
    needs work but is a healthy macro/micro nutrition powerhouse meal. Will be on my fall and winter menus 4 hours without hunger and I managed to cut the grass 6 passes at a time. Iced Lemon water.
    I’m convinced chickpeas help experience great sleep even if it’s a placebo effect. Kind of like their texture in whole in chili too
    sometimes when I’ve been fasting at 1 200 x day average it gets hard to eat tdee x7. Especially not being very active. What great problem to have:)
    I personally would not go on anything lower than 19.5/4.5 long term.

Greatful to saSarah for her contributions.

Are pink jeans becoming uniform for fasters? I remember when little Welsh JIP started then trend. I wonder what happened to her? Wiwi, why have you left yours in Italy? Can’t France cope with your chic rose pants?
    Our downstairs scales weigh about .2 less, so I use them if I’m almost into the next kg down. Anything to feel good about yourself 😉
    Ply, don’t disappear completely before we catch up 😉 Your regime sounds perfect. Well done! Can’t wait to see the results.
    Happy days everyone. P 😆

I bought pink jeans because I didn’t want white, and I’ve got some new pale pink shoes 😛

Very summery, A 🙂

Good Evening All,
    Just a quick post because I am busy entertaining this weekend.

It was a painful night but have taken painkillers today. Did a short walk then prawn stir fry. Little snooze on the sofa before another shopping spree for reading glasses. Need them now with contact lenses.

Finally went to see Thanet Male Voice Choir because a friend sings with them. It was really good. You can hear them on utube.

More walking planned tomorrow, then a nice lunch.

Hi everyone and I mean everyone.
    Wiwi.. two car loads, i am impressed.. that is my new focus when I am not eating or reading this post.. that is cleaning.
    I had a pair of red jeans for awhile, they became to big. I am a little shy to wear pink, black and blue jeans hide me well. I ve got to live a little.:) Amazon I admire you.
    I have something to celebrate.. only a 1/2pound to my goal weight. I hope it stays there,today is not a fast day, so I am going to be up. But by Wednesday I will be ready to fast again and I know if I keep this up I will score and live this wol forever. But I have to stay focused.. like you all.
    SAMM.. Thank you for the websites.

I didn’t hear all the podcast , but I hope interviewee gets the appropriate help. I heard a few red flags , not about diet, but IMO that person may need a mental health diagnosis. I’m in no way qualified to have a professional opinion , but I would not blame morbid , and suicidal thoughts on diet. I do however believe
    Its best not to be extremely limited in choice of foods. Further depression can be triggered by diet issues especially with nervosa issues. If she was my friend I would speak up somehow! However I know that’s not what the interview was to be about and haven’t heard the whole thing. I understand that zinc supple mentation can help with nervosa I think . But in no way should have to face those issues alone .

There’s I believe there are 7 forms of intermittent fasting,
    http://dailyburn.com/life/health/intermittent-fasting-methods/
    My experience is mostly with weightloss. From the point of obesity and not from the point of competition fitness. I mostly relate to those who are trying to lose fat , but are not physically active enough for the exercise calories to lose a significant amount of weight. I started nearly sedentary. And to avoid muscle loss chose 5:2 . The most I can do every week is approx 2000 calories of exercise, I don’t take the body building approach though. To be honest , I’m in the dark trying to relate to nervosa or competitive athletic weightloss.I Believe anyone with those issues should have both a dietitian and therapist nervosa experts, to discuss things with as going it alone is just not nessessary, and can keep centered on goals with professional advice. Even if a professional themselves they shouldn’t uhhhhh self medicate , for lack of better term. I mean to say there are therapies and goals specific for nervosa , and 900 cals over an extended period in combination with super athlete exercise could be detrimental to both body and mind.
    I can however relate as my BMR is 1920 and I’m typically vasliating from 600 to 1900 all week. When I take a break I have to force myself to eat normally or upto my TDEE without having mixed feelings about it.
    I know I need to get used to the portion size I’ll be eating when I reach goal , So when I take a break and struggle with it. I no I’m there yet. With that being said I theorize. It may be similar with those that need to gain weight or maintain when under weight. I mean not feeling comfortable with the goal weight portions of food choices prior to reaching goal,

Sorta guessing and rambling here.
    Goodnight.

🙂
    Knee just had a good pop after some of the swelling has gone down. Feeling much better!

Urrgghh. I suppose that’s a good thing Samm? P

Morning/evening all.

I has a great day at Hampton Court Palace. There is so much to see so we didn’t do everything, but saw 75% of the palace and about 25% of the ground. We’ll go back in the summer and have a goo walk outside and round the maze. I didn’t eat until the evening, and we went for really good pizza and wine 🙂

FD today to make up for the dessert which I didn’t need and was quite frankly a little disappointing.

It was overcast earlier, but the sun is peeking through, so a walk is in order.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Hello everyone (easier that way)

Firstly happy birthdays to the ones I missed. Heavy week at work & difficult to keep up.

Bought a new book called Mindful Eating for Dummies. I think I must have picked up the wrong one maybe Mindless Eating, or that’s what it felt like on Thurs I attempted to sabotage 3 months of goodness in one day.

In actual fact it turned out ok. I was probably 1000 calories over TDEE on that day, so I slipped in an extra FD to average it out. It made me realise a couple of things. Sometimes I think i eat too much/the wrong stuff because my body is craving sugar or salt or something it’s missing and secondly, one days mindless eating will not put back on the 18lbs that I’ve worked so hard to lose.

I realise the importance of keeping a handle on things as I was able to put things right in a day but if id left it a week or more then it would have felt quite an uphill struggle.

Took the plunge and bought myself a Fitbit. I’m not quite sure what I think of it yet, I don’t know what I’d expected but I’m enjoying tracking my steps and it definitely encourages more.

Jojo – hope the hip improves, mine has been sore since November. Very frustrating doctor told me to take painkiller and come back in 3 months. I don’t take painkillers!!

But I want to know what’s causing it, is it my back, my groin, my bones, muscles, ligaments or arthritis. Until I know what’s causing it, I don’t know how to treat it – eg should I exercise it out or rest it, should I use heat or cold.

Anyway in the end I went to sports injury clinic and after 1 deep tissue massage (ouch ouch ouch), it feels much better.

Amazon – I’ve only been to Kew a couple of times, but loved it, never been to Hampton. I’m too far North! Although we did go to Chelsea Flower Show a couple of years ago.

Wee – new clothes sound lovely, it’s such a lovely feeling to try on new things and feel nice in them.

I too have brought 2 bags of clothes out of the loft – my summer stuff and my size 12s that I couldn’t get in to.

RT – love your stories

Samm – love the science and the insights – hope the knee improves

Wiwi – I love pink, I have pink shoes but like Sarah, prefer to hide in navy or black – maybe one day…..

Hello also to bay, ply,Nicky,AO,PVE and any other fasters I’ve missed (sorry – a weeks catch up)

Enjoy meeting each other across the globe.

CW

It is a myth that dark clothes make anyone look slimmer, and as for enabling anyone to hide, the only way to do that is stay at home!
    Well fitting clothes are the most flattering, and that is what most overweight women avoid, by wearing loose fitting clothes. I used to do it myself and it doesn’t work. I wear any colour that suits me, and while there are some black and navy items in the wardrobe, they are in the minority.
    The most important thing about the pale pink jeans, is that they are jeans, something I had not worn for over twenty years until I had lost some weight with this WOE and they are also skinny jeans. They are still too tight but when I wear them it will be with a short top or tucked in shirt, not something loose covering up my hard worked for small bum!
    We are so used to being ashamed of being so overweight that we find it difficult to embrace the fact that we aren’t any more. Be brave and reveal the waist that you have rediscovered. Be proud of what you’ve achieved and show it off, you don’t need to wait until you reach your goal, life’s too short!

Well said Amazon.

Absolutely right Amazon! I have had to totally rethink my “look” and am even rejecting some size 8s that have stretched a bit! No baggies for me!
    Today we did a walk in an historic cemetery with Nat Trust. Fascinating. There was a massively fat woman in black slacks. Mr P actually said “Well they don’t slim her down!” She really could have benefitted from a Trinny and Susannah Makeover and boy was it hard to watch her struggle to move when we know how to help her. So frustrating. Poor lady. Glad you enjoyed HCP again 🙂 P

Jojo, I need reading glasses only when I have my contacts in, despite having multi-focus lenses. I buy the cheap, fun, colorful ones from discount stores, just a couple of dollars. They are stashed all over the house! At school, since there are so many middle-aged folks, there is always a pair to borrow when mine are misplaced!

Excellent advice, Amazon! I learned the importance of fit from the show What Not to Wear, which I believe started as a British series. Wear what makes you happy and confident!

I understand wanting to hide all too well. It is why there are so few photos of me unless I’m at the back of a crowd with just my big fat face on show!
    My brother commented on how different I look now that I’ve lost “that big moon face and a couple of chins” and that is diplomatic as he could have mentioned the huge belly and enormous backside! I can hardly believe that I allowed myself to get that big in the first place, and then stay like it and be so unhappy for so long.
    I’ll never be like it again.

I feel the same way amazon. For me the intermittent fasting has given me patience, being hungry for a short time , then not being hungry again for days. Very empowering , compared to most weightloss diet I’ve tried. I guess it comes down to what happens after the weight is gone. I confident that when I reach goal I won’t feel like I need to go back on a starvation diet again or non stop hunger till goal. Just a few weeks or more of intermittent fasting. Doing the math. Very empowering over whom I was when I began.

Hi SAMM
    I am not the same person who started out on 5:2 hoping that it might work. I’ve learnt that I do possess willpower and that I can control what I eat. I have also reminded myself of the difference between appetite and hunger and that I can control the former and deal with the latter. I’ve also stopped feeling guilty as it was always counter productive, and I know that a FD works wonders if I have over indulged.
    I’ve made many dear friends on this thread who are on the same journey as me, and who are always there to chat, compliment, comfort, advise, empathise and amuse 😛

I am learning to recognise and love the person that looks back at me when I stand in front of the mirror, and that is probably the most rewarding thing.

Good evening all,

I wear bright colours most days, I have never been a fan of wearing black even when at my largest size 24. I have always had body confidence and dressed with style, lots of layers to hide bust and bum. I think it is hard to avoid buying black especially in evening wear. I worry that even slim women want to only wear black to hide their shapes. I wear size 16 now with pride and know I look attractive for my age and certainly better than I looked 2 years ago.

I started fasting to improve my health, high blood pressure was a factor, as was hip and back pain. I am determined to get to a weight that my joints can cope with better. My circulation system has already benefitted. My stress levels reduced dramatically after retiring early last year and Ii keep myself busy both socially and physically. I am trying to help other friends with health issues and fasting is a big factor as is exercise. I think everyone should wear a pedometer or fitbit daily, so many people underestimate their activity levels.

I do have bad days and days when I want to eat rubbish foods, these are rare now not weekly as they used to be. I think we all have a responsibity to know what we are eating and what impact that food has in our bodies. It seems we are often eating poison( in the form of toxins such as pesticides) and I think we should avoid most of these products.
    My boiler decided to start working again thank goodness. My guest this weekend really enjoyed her stay and loved eating all the healthy food I prepared for her. As a vegetarian she appreciated the efforts I took to ensure we had interesting food.
    We walked quite a bit too, but I am limiting how far to avoid further pain. New pain killers are very effective.
    Have a great fast day friends, I will be fasting tomorrow.
    Ply- great job, I agree 19/5 is the real deal.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey and Hello World (You know Who You) 😉
    Happy Fast Monday I look forward to it not a hassle at all it’s my way of life the routine or template is not complicated it is a personalized as a study of one I love life! Got my eating IF window check got my steps check got my CR check I am interested in the comparative results of a set menu ie fish on Friday stir fry Saturday pork on your fork Tuesday Steamed chook Sunday I know we all have our FD down pat but it’s the non FD day that intrigues me I have another 18 years of work yet and still one child at school and three living at home so I have plenty of time to become a wok master or tagine tiger a grill for man a steaming super star a slow cooker a fry pan man what cooking methodology is the most common among you fast trackers? Microwave stove top oven any comments will be read with much interest. Wiwi the 19/5 combined with 4-3 was my method of choice and I couldn’t agree more ply 4-3 and 18/6 very hard to over eat or burst the desired calorie count let alone get to TDEE.
    Hash Tag Winning 😉
    My mate just hired an Eastern European cleaner, took her 15 hours to hoover the house. Turns out she was a Slovak.

Since the snow came all the wife has done is look through the window. If it gets any worse, I’ll have to let her in.

I’ve been charged with murder for killing a man with sandpaper. To be honest I only intended to rough him up a bit. 😆
    Peace RT

Good morning/evening everyone.

Wow what a busy thread – I remember when it used to get quiet on here over the weekend! I have been away from wifi for 3 days and its taken ages to catch up on reading all your news. Loving all the pink jeans!

I had a lovely, lazy break with a couple of good friends in the fresh (very fresh) country air. We still walked a fair bit (with umbrellas at times) and it was easy as one friend is doing a ‘10,000 steps daily’ challenge thru a group at her work. Very helpful. I tried a pedometer a while back but found it a bit addictive and ruling my day, so it was good to have someone else doing the thinking! Jamieson looking stunning with autumn colours. We ate out a few times but healthy choices available, it was the wine, cheese and chocolate by the fire that was the challenge… Never mind, it was lovely and fasting awaits today. Hopefully some Bayleaf style therapeutic housework too!

Funnily, my friend with the pedometer is quite overweight but appears not to be concerned about it. Her husband does 5:2 for health reasons. She is informed and otherwize very healthy, does pilates and yoga as well as walks and swims. I figure she is just not vain re her shape, or maybe its just ‘too hard’. Fortunately she never tried to sabotage my efforts to behave over the weekend. I emphasize to her how easy it has been to lose 16kgs but she does not seem interested in applying it to herself.

Now to get out of my warm bed and face the scales ……

Hi Nama,
    I was fit but overweight for many years and not really concerned with dieting until I got high blood pressure. Probably the only concerns I had was wearing a swimsuit for sun bathing and having uncomfortable undergarments. If your friend is fit and healthy she does not have a problem. As I said in my last post not every slimmer has self esteem issues. One of my best friends is also very overweight yet very fit, exercises 2 hours per day( I can’t keep up with her) mind you she is 20 years younger than me. Her tap dancing is amazing.

I am planning a restful week this week just bowls, yoga, short walks and swimming. No joint stress for me. I will miss the aerobic stuff but not the hip pain. May be forced to do some gardening and housework too.

“Turtles and Picnics” joke from joke budda
    Hot 7 months ago
    Three turtles, Joe, Steve, and Poncho, decide to go on a picnic. Joe packs the picnic basket with cookies, bottled sodas, and sandwiches. The trouble is, the picnic site is 10 miles away, so the turtles take 10 whole days to get there.
    By the time they do arrive, everyone’s whipped and hungry. Joe takes the stuff out of the basket, one by one. He takes out the sodas and realizes that they forgot to bring a bottle opener. Joe & Steve beg Poncho to turn back home and retrieve it, but Poncho flatly refuses, knowing that they’ll eat everything by the time he gets back.
    Somehow, after about two hours, the turtles manage to convince Poncho to go, swearing on their great-grand turtles’ graves that they won’t touch the food. So, Poncho sets off down the road, slow and steady.
    Twenty days pass, but no Poncho. Joe and Steve are hungry and puzzled, but a promise is a promise. Another day passes, and still no Poncho, but a promise is a promise. After three more days pass without Poncho in sight, Steve starts getting restless. “I NEED FOOD!” he says with a hint of dementia in his voice.
    “NO!” Joe retorts. “We promised.”
    Five more days pass. Joe realizes that Poncho probably skipped out to the Burger King down the road, so the two turtles weakly lift the lid, get a sandwich, and open their mouths to eat. But then, right at that instant, Poncho pops out behind a rock.
    “Just for that, I’m not going.”

RT
    Funny RT .
    Afte I moved I left my grill behind as it would most likely get stolen just for the metal where I live.
    I spent my money on the pressure cooker, and crock pots. As they they come out very tender for me.
    I also bought all ceramic pots and pans, and large sets of Pyrex. Perhaps I’m bit paranoid about metals especially from residues scrubbing them clean. Also the slow cook keeps from burning the foods which I will avoid like plague, so no need for the grill anyhow. Rosemary is said to help with burnt food toxins. So when I’m out and enjoy a serving of BBQ And I believe it has burnt or smoked particles in it . I make one my next meals heavy on rosemary. Like potatoes.

Hi Jojo,
    That is spooky, my overweight friend tap dances too! As well as ballroom. I guess you are right, she doesnt have a real problem if she is healthy.

Good morning all I am in Dezhou today and then off to Beijing tomorrow morning on the fast train… We have taken two fast rains thus far…it is a scary experience getting on and off. The first train ride our group caused the conductor to blow his whistle hysterically as we were taking too much time to get off. You have two minutes or less, a bit difficult with 20 people’s luggage. The next trip our leaders put our luggage in two cabins so we did not block the doors etc…
    I cannot get over the sheer numbers of people and the school sizes. 60 students per class’s. Mmmm will be mentioning that to my teachers when they start complaining…. I am in a small school and our numbers are small.
    I have suffered with my feet and they have become quite swollen. I am wondering about the salt in the food as I did not have issues the first few days. Today I chose not to have breakfast hence sitting in the lobby writing this. We just seem to go to one meal after the next. I am feeling a bit puckish but am choosing to welcome the feeling. Lots of unusual food but more interesting are the translations fragrance of rabbit and beef heaving! Are but two examples.
    Tonight we are put in pairs and are taken to a family for a meal… It will be an experience given my lack of Chinese language but we are becoming good at sign language.
    Mmmm my aim is for a pair of pink jeans for my next birthday. December so I think that is doable. Cheers all

Puckish? Peckish!!!

New tea maker just arrived, apparently my neighbor accepted it 3days ago. But was at work. Even though I haven’t left home for 6 days. No harm no foul I guess.

This one has a timer. I know it’s probably about as intresting as my aches and pains. Sorry. I keepin this one right next to the bed. I bought a cabinet that has 30 cube holes for the many different teas, ingredients, and equipment. Very organized! Very glad with myself about it, as feel it will inspire me to start out with health , from the moment I awake.
    I moved it all from the kitchen , as many days I just need to avoid the kitchen. But it had been just a small tea maker in the bed room. Now is like a mini bar except stocked with all that healthy stuff I keep reading about. A pretty penny , but I won’t be having regrets.

Hi EMEL
    Glad you are enjoying your trip. When my feet including my ankles swell , I put them in the cold air of an air conditioner . With them put up above my heart. No idea how. To manage that , perhaps a cold water bottle?? 60 kids wow?

The trip sounds a great adventure Emel. I hope your poor foot doesn’t trouble you too much…always a problem on trips.
    Don’t be too tough on your teachers, they actually have to teach kids to think 😉
    Enjoy the cuisine. Mr P travels to China for business and manages to avoid weightgain by eating very little of the rice. All the best P

Be brave and reveal the waist that you have rediscovered. Be proud of what you’ve achieved. Who ever wrote that is what I need to do. I enjoy reading everyone’s post and which help me. Cakey Wakey I bought a fitbit 10 days ago and it is keeping me accountable. I ate too much today but I did lots of food prep for the week. Have a great monday everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,001 through 9,050 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.