Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,701 through 7,750 (of 16,657 total)

• And if you need more inspiration, read some of SAMM’s posts. He had a terrible car accident and was stuck in bed for months with a badly injured foot. Now he is fit and active and exercises like a maniac and has lost over 100lbs. You will get through this too, and your friends will see for themselves what you are really made of. Goodnight, midnight in Aus and I have to get up at 6.30!

Thankyou. πŸ™‚
    I really hope I do get back on track and get back to my previous body, both for myself and to show everyone that I can do it.

Horribly discouraging when you are not loosing, pairing with illness and seizures everything seems so useless again now.

As you said – I have come a long way!

Good afternoon Fasters,
    Just back from circuit training, seemed a bit slow and easy today, I really think I need to up the programme. No point wasting valuable time.

HH- like you I have no support in the real world, if anything, I am encouraged to eat more. But this is your Cyber family and we can help and support you.
    Can you walk, do you have a pedometer, it’s a good start. Have you got a mini trampoline or big exercise ball at home. Are you allowed to do some of these exercises under controlled conditions with supervision. If so you will feel better than not exercising, you need those endorphins to help you feel more upbeat.

Amazon- well done, knew you could do it. Just making a vat of soup for next week, veg curry but I added pasta and beans, just to use them up. Clearing the cupboard of foods I am no longer eating. God I just keep remembering that sushi- yum. Glad to hear you are meeting up with Tangatawiwi, will you go to Maki?

Must go, sun shining and dogs waiting.

Hi HH:

You might look into the ketogenic diet. It seems most effective in curing childhood epilepsy, but has shown some benefit for adults. It might open up new avenues for controlling your seizures – and it can be done in conjunction with fasting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet

Good Luck!

Evening all.
    I live in the next street to a football ground, and every so often I get caught out when there is a mid week match and come home to find there is nowhere to park. Today is such a day, and I’ve had to leave the car several streets away which is no big deal, but it means I’m outside someone elses house, and inconveniencing them. We are supposed to have a controlled parking zone installed soon. I wish they would get a move on.
    I’ve not eaten all day as I had a notion that I might do a 3rd FD, but that was blown out of the window when I drove round the corner and couldn’t park, so I’ve had fish and chips which was very good, and I’m not telling you how much of the batter or how many chips I ate…… Smiley

Amazon you are doing so well pal . πŸ™‚

Jojo I think when I get under 11 stone I will stop (about 5 pounds to go) I am too old to be skinny . OH says he thinks I look great and he is worried I go “too far” and make myself ill . Even at that I think I will still be in the overweight zone . I think we should go with how we feel and how happy we are with “What” we are .

I bought new clothes yesterday and some were 14’s DID I say 14’s ?? Pinch me . I used to be 22-24 .

HH please don’t let people get you down .. some will get jelous of you and try to stop you looking good . When you feel down just come in here and we will support you pal .

Snow really heavy here the last 2 days but rain on now so I hope it goes quick .

Love the idea of the dancing lessons Jojo …you rock girl .

Hello everyone else and as RT says ” you know who you are xxxx

Wee xx

Hi Wee.

See how you feel when you get to 11st, and if you are happy with the way you look and feel then start maintenance. If you think you want to lose some more then do so, you’ll know when it is time to stop, as you’re always telling us you feel great and I know you don’t want to make yourself ill. You won’t be satisfied if you stop because someone else wants you to, and I’m sure you know Mr Wee well enough to be able to reassure him and stop him worrying.

I feel so much better today. I knew that my weight had to drop as I’ve done so many FDs. Last year I was doing Tuesday am weigh ins and for some reason I switched to Monday. I’m going back to Tuesdays now πŸ˜‰

I bought a belt in September to keep my jeans up, and I could just do it up on the last hole. I’m now on no 4 of 5, so I guess I’m going to have to punch some more soon πŸ˜›

Woohoo, Amazon. Well done πŸ™„

ThANKA aMAZON i AGREE PAL . oH IS VERY SUPPORTING AND HE ALWAYS SAY TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO MAKE MYSELF ILL . HE THINKS i LOOK GREAT BUT ALSO SAID THE SAME AS YOU . “YOU KNOW YOUR BODY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE HEN” . i WOULD LIKE A FEW POUNDS TO PLAY AROUND WITH SO i COULD HAVE THE ODD WEE TREAT WINK πŸ™‚ .
    keep punching out them holes pal :p xx

oos ss caps my stupid finger hit the wrong key again ..

I know 100% that I couldn’t have done it without all you guys on this thread . I love to come in and real all the comments and all the tips SAMM gives too .

Thank you all and thanks Jojo for starting it off

Wee xx

A small request for a little prayer and positive energy for my niece Fiona, 7, who is entering the 11th hour of liver transplant surgery. xox

Prayer being said pal xxxx

Ply24mp,
    I am not a religious person but I am sending her my best wishes for a safe surgery and good outcome. Good to hear from you but sad that you have this worry. My good wishes to you too.

Weemam, I agree we know when we reach the right weight, a little plumpness in advancing years tends to help our youthful look. I wish my upper arms knew this, ha ha.

Bowls and yoga again tomorrow but I think I may need to add a gym session.

Have a good evening all

I am not religious either, Jojo, but any and all positive energy can’t hurt! Thanks to you and Wee.

Thinking of little Fiona at this time, Ply. And a big cyber hug to you and her family.

Hang in there HH, for all the support you get from this group. Lots of constructive suggestions. I use the ketogenic WOE.

Wow Amazon and Wee

Off to meet Bay.
    xx Wiwi

I will be 73 next month and all the elasticity has gone from my body . Sooo although I have lost this weight my tummy,my arms and my inner thighs are all “hingy” as we say here in Scotland . I am not aiming to wear a mini skirt or a bathing suit anytime soon though :). My tops now have 3/4 sleeves and hide the ” hingy” bits and when I look in the mirror I am really happy with the person who is looking back at me . I hope not still a plump person πŸ™‚

Wee xx

Hey Amazon, that’s fantastic! You deserved those fish and chips! Hope you get your parking sorted out soon, that must be so frustrating.

Ooh Jojo – you made me think of that lovely Japenese meal too – I’m glad I’ve just eaten!

A FD for me – a very small (bantum) egg for breakfast, Bovril for lunch and a lovely prawn stirfry with zero noodles tonight. A couple of walks, and after my ‘lean’ day yesterday, I’m feeling optimistic. I’m out with my mother for lunch tomorrow, so hope to find somewhere that has some sensible things on the menu.

Ply – sending best wishes to you and your family. You have had a lot to worry about lately, here’s hoping life will take a positive turn for the better very soon.

Wee, you must be feeling wonderful. Good luck with those last few pounds. As has already been said, you will know when you have lost enough.

HH – I do hope you’re feeling better soon. Be kind to yourself. Jojo is right, if you can manage some gentle exercise, you will feel much more optimistic. Take it easy – it can be done.

Have a good evening/morning all.

Smiffy x

Hi Ply,

Sending love and positive energy from Downunder. Also not religious, but the older I get, the more I pray …. It works! Someone out there will take good care of little Fiona x

Ply, positive vibes coming your niece’s way. I hope the surgery is successful.

Smiffy, the parking isn’t a major issue, but it is inconvenient. I’ll collect the car in the morning before I go to the gym.

I am very keen to go back to Maki for another Japanese meal, I just need a willing companion!

Thanks to all for the support and encouragement. I feel that I’m well and truly back on track now, and can get back to losing 2lbs per week. I won’t be having any more fish and chips for a while though.

I’m going out for tea tomorrow afternoon, so I’m going to fast until then, try not to eat too much, and skip dinner. We are walking in Kew beforehand, and going to the cinema afterwards for the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel πŸ˜›

Good morning FF’s as RT says you know who you are πŸ˜€

Ply sending positive energy your nieces way so that she has a successful outcome.

HH you can still lose weight (although not so much or so quickly) without a lot of exercise and just walking around 10k steps per day along with being careful of consumption and make each item that goes into your mouth count, ie don’t have something sweet/sugary/processed for 500 calories when you can have oodles of veggies and some protein for 500 calories which will keep you feeling satisfied for way WAY longer πŸ˜€ I allow myself one icecream sundae per week when I’ve been out with friends for dinner but that is also on the one day per week where I allow myself to eat a little over my BMR every other day is from 0 to 1200 calories depending on which day it is.

Hope RT is still around, the slim jim that he now is πŸ˜€ good on him is what I say πŸ˜€

Have to keep moving, Amazon so glad you had a good loss too, chat more later everyone πŸ˜€ … AO

Hi Ply, lots of positive thoughts for Fiona. Bay πŸ™‚

Off to meet Wiwi for coffee. πŸ˜‰ and a wee chat.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜† Thanks Nicky and yes she is very pleased she has been supportive and helpful although yet to cross over to our WOL her change of life not over yet and welcome aboard the fast trackers train Peale and Carla Smiffy thanks also to you and Weemam and all you beautiful losers sharing the same outcomes so my success is your success I can assure you All.. Yes Jojo I am feeling very holistic and Zen like this week πŸ˜‰ And Nama point me in the right direction for a new pair of β€œFree” Nike shoes please if you would be so kind as my old Asics are about kaput 😯 Mandolin injury healing ok ? I hope your back in the water very soon in a Samantha Riley style I am quite sure. She was a favourite of mine. AO yes my South Aussie fast friend I will be around to eat fast & live longer πŸ˜†
    Bay I think the 2-3kg range is fine and will work well for me I really do think I am around where I should be now having come off 14 fast days of 500cal in 28 days of February EOD and 1100cal on non-fast days a steady 1.1kg loss a week but I don’t think there is much more left 😯 I will expect a rise with just the 2 fast days this week on my study of one my eldest son feels as though I have developed some sort of weird strain of poultry syndrome with my chook legs chicken wing arms and a turkey neck πŸ˜† so I need to focus on the toned rouge 😳 rogue now πŸ˜‰ My TDEE is 1890 for a 180cm male at 70kg and 51yo so that’s the upper limit and by following 19/5 daily it will keep that very doable. Hi ply sending the power of all of my positive thought and best wishes to your niece
    β€œA happy mind is a healthy mind, and a healthy mind is good for the body.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Happy hump day fast friends
    Peace RT

Hi all, just a quick check in as another busy day.

HH, good advice and support here. Hard when it’s not there in the real world but draw it from here instead.

Ply, sending positive vibes to your niece Fiona. Liver transplant surgery is pretty routine these days but still a worry for you and her parents.

RT, chicken bits! πŸ˜†

Happy hump day everyone and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the happy thoughts RT . Wishing all goes well for young one having surgery.
    Hazard . I would consider simcoeluvs suggestion seriously. No harm in just reading about it Eh?

I actually got the silent treatment from a family member When I started talking about omega3 after I was asked a question about it In Relation to omega6 and inflammatory foods. So yes I love JoJo thread here. Even if were not all on 5:2 or if some reached goal. I was even scoffed at for suggesting squeezing a stress ball is better than no exercise at all. This is a good place to talk about our food choices and goals.

Nama I wish I have lost 100lbs , however it’s my goal . I’ve lost 68lbs so far . But the best part Is I feel in control and unstoppable. I’ve broken almost all my old habits over a two year period. Even the buffet every two weeks has been moved to only during planned breaks 13 weeks of the year. The self education into what are the 26 recomended vitamin and minerals . Which foods have them in abundance, and further which foods have adequate amounts but offer other health benefits. No kidding. It’s all the same stuff I’ve always loved without all the processed salt, sugar, vinegar and msg . Simply just real food in measured amounts according to my 4:3 routine.

I had to basically break up with my wife . She was not and still not intrestested in what I eat or why I eat it . And the whole story about when to eat when to sleep and when to exercise. Honestly I can’t blame her it’s a bit like standing on soap box many times a month and being a buzzkill on the tasty treats we once shared as lifestyle. Her and I had what would say our best moments doing food together and with our daughter. She’s lost a lot of weight due to illness. I’ve lost 68lbs in opposite direction IMO.

Seems so long ago my goal was simply to stand on my feet for 8 hours. I learned in the video the truth about exercise . About N.E.A.T and strived to increase it and coincidentally. Placing myself 0n job that keeps me moving on my feet for 8-12 a day. I didn’t stop therei also wanted to practice the exercise benefits of HIT. But kept on with jump rope to practice HIIT. It does seem so long ago that all that was doable was squeezing a stress ball and putting more fish on shopping list. I tell you my friends and family have heard it so many times I think they could recite it verbatim. Support is hard to find these days, unless you pay a therapist. Even then it usually that that are in control . When I started getting 4:3 into my routine month after month. That’s when I personally realized actually how control over my health I have. every forkful either a benefit or a health risk. Very curiously I put all the benefit foods in my cupboards. Just to see if I would keep eating them ane er get tired of them . Nope. I’m just fine with tuna , eggs, and walnuts, avocados, hummus, red peppers, onions, garlic, turmeric, turnips, chicken legs, shrimp, oat bran, carrots, broccoli , red beans, blue berries, lemons oranges and apples, asapaugus, green tea, Chana dal, and mixed vegetables, salmon, and the shopping list isn’t that long really. I’ll admit some of those are not my most desired foods . However after a 27 hour tea fast those foods are pure satiation. And bring up some serious work out energy to break out from a fast.Go to the gym and get shit done!

Sorry for such a rough draft post.
    Got to go .

RT. You’re an inspiration. Keep on keepin on!

Thanks so much, all. Our little warrior princess still has some complications to overcome, but stable so far. xox

Ply that is great news pal . I hope she continues to get stronger every day .

Wee xx

Hi there

Had a coffee and a lovely chat with Wiwi this morning. πŸ˜‰ She is just as lovely as you all think. Barata, Sorry I couldn’t meet you this time. Wiwi will pass on my details and Purple’s so that you can be in contact, when it suits you.

Ply, good news to hear.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Afternoon (evening/night) all, just catching up with a lot of posts. Ply, so glad to hear the update on your niece and sending my prayers for her rapid recovery. HH – I can only echo what others have said about finding support where you can, and letting other people’s stuff wash over you. Good luck with finding gentle ways to get back into exercise.
    Amazon – great stuff on the loss and mmmmmmm Fish & Chips, a great favourite of mine and I can assure you I always eat the batter and the all the chips. Probably why I haven’t eaten them for a l-o-n-g time (and apologies to anyone fasting…).
    Wee, congrats on the size 14!! I’m hoping for that about (our) mid-winter this year, fingers crossed. I can also relate very much to the ‘loss of tone’ shall we say? Definitely more ‘Sha Pei’ than shapely I’m afraid, but much healthier nonetheless πŸ™‚
    RT – CONGRATULATIONS!! Reaching goal, what a buzz. And I love ‘poultry syndrome’ – there’s a good bit of that in my ‘neck’ of the woods too!
    Good to hear everyone’s tales and bay & wiwi meeting up over coffee – this is such a supportive bunch, lead by the seemingly inexhaustible jojo who casually writes about ‘upping the programme’ in a schedule that would likely KILL me!
    I’ve really needed the support this week as I gained for the first time during a fast-week since I started fasting many months ago (I’ve had small gains in weeks I haven’t fasted) so it’s taken a lot of determination to keep doing the fasts and not give up – reading all your successes and struggles and the laughter has really helped, so THANKS πŸ™‚

Hello everyone.

Firstly SAMM I apologise for misrepresenting you. But with the obstacles you have had to deal with, such as your injuries then diabetes, not to mention complications on the home front, I consider your 68lbs to be easily worth 100!! So much respect for your determination.

RT (chicken man!) not sure if you are joking or not re the Nike’s? The style is called “Free” as they are supposed to be the lightest athletic shoe around and supposed to make your feet feel free! They are great for me as I have an achilles injury and cant tolerate any other shoes with backs in them. They were not as expensive as I expected, $160 at the Athletes Foot. But not free! Finger slice healing well thanks.

Labour Day long weekend coming up in Vic so off to Jamieson Thurs til Tues (Long, long for retirees!) and planning to hit the pool as soon as we get home. We will be going to a country Rodeo on Saturday night, so that will be fun. In a town called Merrijig, base of Mt Buller, real Man From Snowy River Country!

Cheers for now x

Thinking of little Fiona, hope she is getting better.

Amazon, hope you enjoyed every last bit of your fish and chips, if only we could get proper chippy fish and chips here, for a very occasional treat only, obviously.

Jojo, good luck with your jive lessons. I had them once but just couldn’t do it. I just haven’t got that rhythm. It’s a shame because my husband is a whizz. In fact we met in a club in Manchester called “The Jive Inn”

I did a 350 calorie fast on Monday, followed by a liquid only fast yesterday. I know I did well but even so I couldn’t quite believe my eyes this morning on the scales. The weight is dropping off. This is so easy! Non fast day today and I don’t feel that hungry.

Morning/evening all.
    It is a beautiful morning here, cold, bright and sunny with a clear blue sky.
    Spring is on the way πŸ™‚

Busy day for me, gym and swim first, then Kew, tea and cinema. That’ll keep me out of trouble if I can avois too much temptation with my cuppa!

Have a great day/evening everyone, and I hope little Fiona is showing signs of improvement.

Good morning everyone . I am doing well this week and fingers crossed I have lost my three and a half stone …will be 5 stone 4 pounds since my lovely Mam passed away ..

Our youngest daughter went to visit Dad . The memory might be gone but he still has his great sense of humour . Our youngest granddaughter ( she will be 21 this year) was down visiting Dad , She took a selfie of him and her . She said to my Dad ” Who are they Papa” he said ” I don’t know but He is a good lookin chap” then burst out laughing lol .. Cheeky midden lol ..

Wee xx

Good Morning All,
    Back from a good game of bowls, really nice people, beaten but not down as I played really well, just out classed. Ordered some new bowls, mad but I want the best. This is a serious past time for me.
    I really need some sunshine and heat, can’t wait for April when it is supposed to be good hear. I know I shouldn’t moan when poor Weemam and Ply still have snow.

Amazon- I can never resist an ice cream at the cinema.

Dog walk, Yoga, bowls again then choir so I need to get a wriggle on.

Get moving everyone even if only walking or bouncing. Be careful if bouncing I just heard someone broke two vertibra in spine when an exercise ball burst. Ouch!

Fasting today. RT has really done well shifting those last few pounds I need to get mine moving more quickly, it’s taking forever at the moment.

A very long time ago, I used to go to the cinema every week with friends, always after dinner so we never ate anything, and I’ve not done so since. There are a couple of really nice cinemas in town where they have a bar and a barista so we occasionally take a coffee in with us, and I do remember taking in mulled wine on a particularly cold winters day.
    I’ve never been one for snacking in front of the TV either.
    As we are going out for tea before hand I won’t be tempted despite Jojo having put the vision of an ice cream in my mind πŸ˜‰

The sun is still shining and I’m looking forward to my walk in Kew later. Thankfully I’ve got an hour to recover from the gym before I need to leave.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜†
    Happy fast day fast trackers it did take all 9 weeks Jojo over 2 months for me to shed the last 6.5kg so I know where you’re coming from and I do feel your pain I am a big fan of British humour or pommy humour as we aussies call it no-one does humour as well as the British from the old school some mothers do have em it aint half hot mum the benny hill show and the two ronnies are you being served to absolutely fabulous and to the wonderful carry on films with Sid James Joan Sims and Kenneth Williams carry on up the Khyber a gem πŸ˜‰ and to the vicar of dibley and Hugh Grants films I have some funny as hell double-entendres that would be grand and fab for a Friday however it is a tad naughty and suggestive not rude or vulgar profanity I’m just wanting some clarity and if it’s β€œit will be alright in the end if it’s not alright it’s not the end” a Captains Call Jojo thanks
    I leave you today with some fun from carry on up the Khyber
    The Khasi of Kalabar: May the benevolence of the god Shivoo bring blessings on your house.
    Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: And on yours.
    The Khasi of Kalabar: And may his wisdom bring success in all your undertakings.
    Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: And in yours.
    The Khasi of Kalabar: And may his radiance light up your life.
    Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: And up yours.
    Eat Fast & Live Longer

Peace RT

LOL RT good start to the day.

Running a tad late here today, so will be brief … non-FD yesterday however FD today. Hoping to shift some more lbs this week πŸ˜€

Have to run otherwise I’ll be later than late πŸ˜€

Chat later … AO

Thanks RT for the morning laugh. Thanks AO for your morning contribution. We are two hours ahead of you in time, but you are there, when I open up Internet.

Great to meet Bay yesterday.

Barata, I have internet pbs so may not connect again before our meet up tomorrow. I will be at Zapellis at 14.00 and wait for you. I am reading Bill Bryson’s House and drinking tea.

To all Fters have a lovely day/night.

xxWiwi

Evening/morning all.

The walk in Kew was fab, lots of snowdrops, crocii, daffodils and various other bulbs coming into flower, camelias in bloom, and buds on everything else.

The tea and cake was good too, as was the film. I’ve worked out that I’ve had less than 600 calories today, so it goes down as a FD!

I am very tired and of course after eating cake at 4pm, hungry. I’ve settled for a couple of glasses of water and a mug of Bovril. I am very pleased that I don’t have anything I can snack on in the cupboard.

Did you know Sid James was South African? πŸ˜‰

Good evening all,
    I have just watched the end of a programme about Bi-Polar cases. In the summary the investigative Doctot/psychologist declared that having a label is not necessarily helpful as the individuals concerned have very different symptoms, no one solution will solve everyone’s problems. Their reliance on drugs is a temporary fix but does not encourage examination of different formulas and methods which may help them move forward rather than just manage their symptoms. I think this same issue applies to us as feeders who don’t look upon ourselves as individuals but just fat people. We all put on weight for different reasons and our tastes vary a great deal. We need to look at our own bad habits of the past and formulate strategys to move forward in our own way, making good choices and forming new habits that will ensure we have happy healthy futures. I have changed most of the foods I eat and cut convenience foods from my diet for good. I do not consider fattening food a treat any more but a failure on my part to do what I know to be sensible.

Fasting is teaching me control over my own weak will, I hope my fellow Fasters are finding that they too can embrace their own journey towards a better future.

Some great conversation and discussion there JoJo.

I worked in a mental Heath facility for two years with violent adolescents . The system placed them there as people whom were most likely to be in the system for life. They were also chosen to come to locked in mental health facility . So they could be evaluated , and placed on various Meds.
    To date I believe there success rate is 2 out 10 don’t come back to the system.

I learned a great deal about thinking errors working there.
    I’ll point again to affirmation as the most proven way undue the negative self talk. Or at least start believing in our ability to control what we eat and if we are active.
    And uh. Yea there are medications that I know I can take that will make me walk on marathon on just my lips alone. But it’s the real food and having the new foods just become the food I enjoy on daily basis without thinking about it.
    I simply had to stop going to the store ., shop on line and pay for delivery. I know it’s weakness when I go into a grocery market and come out with loads of stuff just because it wa a good price!
    That’s a thinking error on my part. So rather than take a pill that helps me control my spending. I simply just dropped the shopping impulse habit.
    When I took the planned break in December . I went to grocery markets . And still bought stuff I didn’t need and didn’t even get enough to feed myself all week. Im just mystified as to why I’m that way?
    I bought cookies for others but became the cookie fiend from hell. And I became aware that I want the only cookies fiend in the house when ate them all and there was yelling and crying , for crying out loud!
    Went something like , ” the first time you bought cookies in months and you’re such a selfish bastard you ate them all all be yourself! I got familiar with how uncomfortable the couch is again! ~sigh~

I think of myself now as a fasting meal planner now. Rather than a fat man. I am fat. Knowing how to lose 2lbs a week is changing that . so no need to keep believing I will always be a fat man.
    I’m a skipper, a lifter, a walker , a faster , a gardening sailor, and family man.
    Thanks to RT , his link to the site that creates an image of what people look like where they are a certain gender,height, weight, muscular or sedentary, and with facial features. Really changed my perception of my fat man persona. I can look in the mirror everyday a think to myself . I love myself enough to do the doable for a long as it takes. I care enough about my digestive health to learn all there is to know, as a regular Joe. I deserve to be able to keep those foods that are a health benefit to me in my cupboards.
    Food isn’t evil, unless we indulge in it too often. I am in control of what goes into my body!
    I may have the fat mans foods someday in the future, but for now I have the authority and the will to plan my meals . I don’t have to eat three times a day! It’s best if I measure and count all my calories .

Lol. Im rambling again. Today is fast day for me and while others are eating I pop on for support . And sometimes ramble on. Please pardon me.

See you then, Wiwi.

Enjoy the golf, Bay. We are having a lovely spell of weather, but I believe the custard (wind and rain) arrives tomorrow. Need the rain.

LOL, RT. Well done to Mrs RT on having such a successful mate. And strength to all of us fasting today.

thinking on what you said Nama.
    I belive I chose intermittent fasting because of the plethora of foods to choose on feed days. Yea I eat nutrition dense foods now and have very little cravings that poke at me.
    However if it’s a feed day and and e ery one is nawing on something I love to. I’m empowered to just count the calories. And have a good meal with everyone.

but the discipline to stick to fast days . Took some getting used to. I had to learn to be hungry again and not keep eating until i was stuffed. But after getting accustomed to it. . Being hungry for only 1 day in row makes the intermittent lifestyle doable long term for me.

when I go to work tonight I’ll break my fast. And then latter on break I’ll be having tumeric /coconut paper and dried strawberries. To graze on as the night goes by . Because I enjoy the feed day foods so much. I believe it plays into will power that if just hold fast. The feed time come . I look forward to the feed so much and have such confidence . That i used to the Hunger now. Imo long term intermittent lifestyle has led me to going beyond doable into the possible.

Hi All,
    I too have learned to live with hunger just as I would a mild headache. It doesn’t stop you doing anthing you had planned, you just carry on. I never thought I could give up eating breakfast and lunch but I have, makes 500 calories more doable. I eat an apple when others around me eat biscuits, there are always two in my bag just in case a friend needs one too or I get caught out and need another one later. I also carry water and green tea bags to replace that milky coffee I used to choose. I do allow my self tea with milk too if I want it, either on a fast or feed day.
    I keep very busy, meet lots of people, do lots of sport and walking – this is not done to lose weight but to tone and to keep my spirits up. Long term fasting is hard on the will power, the battery needs topping up daily with fun activities.

Happy fast or feed day my lovelies. We can do this! We can be the slim people we want to be. When I tell people I have lost 5 stone they are staggered, what will be the reaction when I tell them I lost 8 stone? Will I want to tell anyone? Maybe not? I am ashamed of getting to 18 stone – I know I was unhappy but it certainly did not help my state of mind or my body. If you feel this way join us now, we can help you, it does not have to be a downward cycle of despair.

Well done, Jojo.

Such wisdom from a successful long term loser. 5 stone gone! Such fantastic effort is its own reward. πŸ™„ I am in awe of your exercise program and your weight loss. Well done!

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hi Barata

It was 28 C and a cooling breeze blowing on the Kapiti Coast when we played golf at Waikenae. Very enjoyable. Now in Taupo, also very warm. Preparations going on in Main Street for the ironman tomorrow. We watched the sun set behind clouds over the lake, so beautiful.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all.

I slept in. It wasn’t planned but I must have needed the rest. It’s another beautiful day so I’m planning to spend most of it out in the fresh air.

I’ve learnt a lot from this WOE. The most important one being that I do have willpower, and am able to exercise it. When we were eating our cake yesterday, we were sitting at a table next to the counter where all the cakes etc were on display, and discussing eating a second one. We both knew that we weren’t going to do so as one was enough. Previously I would have had another cake and then gone home and eaten dinner.
    I was watching a group of people choosing which cake they wanted and the waitress said something to them and their response was, oh no we’ve already had that, this is an extra one. The man was a few lbs overweight. I looked at the woman and realised that she was exactly the size and shape I used to be. I was horrifed, and I know that I’ll never be like that again.

I don’t consider any foods to be fattening, as it the the amount that is eaten rather than the food itself. My tastes have changed and there are things I can no longer contemplate eating and some very sweet things are too much for me now. When we were standing in the foyer of the cinema yesterday waiting to go in, the smell of the candy was making me feel sick!
    There are plenty of foods that are unhealthy, and thankfully, I’ve never been a huge junk food fan, or someone who sits in front of the TV mindlessly eating snacks full of sugar and/or goodness knows what.
    It is the first time in my life I can remember having such control over what and when I eat and I am determined to stay in control and enjoy the occasional treat.

Have a good day, especially those who are fasting.

Well done, Amazon

Isn’t it a wonderful feeling when you realise that you are in charge of your eating? It was lovely to read what you wrote.

Cheers, Bay πŸ˜‰

Hi there everyone.

I am exactly one solitary kilo away from my target as of this morning. I originally chose 59kg because of the psychological impact of fifty-something and now being so close am beginning to review my goals. I think I want to keep the 59 as the top of normal for me, with anything between 57 and 59 as my ‘range’. Then if I see myself heading for 60 I can take action and if I actually see a six at the beginning of the number I can panic!

My start weight on 8 October 2014 was 82kg, way too heavy for my 5’5″ (165cm) but not the first time I have been intermittently heavy over the past years. I hope to see the fifties for the first time since I became a parent as I was 54-56kg before kids.

It’s been a while.

My eldest child is 22…

I have found this WOE to be very easy, the flexibility is appealing. I think diets have failed because things are forbidden. Now if I want something on my fast day that is not particularly healthy, I promise myself I will have it tomorrow, which is doable since it is not far away, but usually find by the time I can have it, I no longer want to! It makes the willpower easier because anyone can delay gratification but being told you can’t have something at all just makes it more desirable.

That’s my insight for the day. Hope to see a 5 at the beginning of the scale number tomorrow, but chilled about it if I have to wait…

Weebil (with fewer wobbles…)

Weebil, well done.
    It is interesting that so many seem to need to reassess their goal weight as they get closer. I guess it is impossible to tell until you get there. I’m looking forward to it but I’ve got another 3-4 months to go before then.
    My lifestyle has changed so much since I first started 5:2 that I hardly recognise it. Finding this thread last summer was probably the best thing that has happened to me for a long time. Wanting to get back to fasting after falling off the wagon at the start of the year was daunting but it has been made easier by the kindness and encouragement, along with advice, tips and recipes from those who contribute to this thread.

I wonder if Michael reads these threads, and if he has any idea of what he has achieved.

Thanks Amazon I am amazed to find myself here and keep doing a double take when I catch sight of myself in the mirror or looking down!

I chose 59kg as my target, never seriously thinking I would reach it, more wishful thinking. Now I am almost there I can look at myself and see how much more I can feasibly lose. I was a bit concerned I would look like a deflated balloon but am now going more on how I feel, how my skin has re-adjusted and assessing all the wrinkles and going from that. I was a bit worried my face would collapse but it hasn’t happened yet!

I do see more of my petite mother when I look in the mirror though…They do say we turn into our mothers…!

This thread has been invaluable to me. It has shored up my resolution when I am tempted and reassured me that those times of no loss, or worse, gain, are not to be taken to heart. I don’t post often but keeping up with the accidents, chickens, parties, food tribulations and SAMMs constant stream of advice and nutritional tips has been my rock!

Thanks to you all for sharing!

Weebil

Viewing 50 posts - 7,701 through 7,750 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.