Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,651 through 7,700 (of 16,657 total)

• That made me smile RT
    I cant go back.
    even when i went on planned breaks.
    i was still choosing to find more and more and more healthy things .
    I even threw out all my cookware and bought ceramics and pyrex . I mean to say I’ve been on diet plans in the past went back to grazing on the bliss foods. However Whats different now is alot more confidenc in what benefits me.
    I didn’t like becoming sedentary .
    So just like the cronies and cranies I will keep on keepin on with fasting, eating healthy foods , and exercise, and great sleep.

Wow RT

What a fantastic way of life you have adopted. Welcome into maintenance mode. As you will have gathered we all are still our own experiment. Well done! Wish I could repeat Anazon’s emoticon. πŸ™„

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Hi Samm

Regarding different foods appealing, raw Brazil nuts now taste as sweet as quality candy to me. I love them.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Wee, magic is the word I am using to spread the excitement. Well done, compliments are the icing.

Great work, RT. I too am most interested in what the body will do with continuance of 5:2 – we can’t shrink to nothing, I suspect. The regime is for life for me too.

Take care, Jojo.

Barata

Most of us in maintenance seem to go up and down within a 2-3 kg range. It varies according to how much sugar or grains are eaten. I have found it impossible to gain weight when I eat no processed foods, sugars or grains. While eating nutritiously, there appears to be a weight where our bodies are comfortable.

Today’s fast for me is about health and maintenance. πŸ˜‰
    Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

I’m still looking for that balance, Bay, both in weight and eating more nutritiously. Eating as I do, there is still a gradual fall on the scale readings, and I know I could do a lot better – well, maybe a bit better? – at the fool choices.

One of the things that gets me is that if I eat fatty or rich foods in the evening, I will be awake in the night, hot. This is a hangover from the menopause, long gone, but what hasn’t gone is then not being able to get back to sleep for two hours. I know it’s psychological, but just so frustrating, regardless of what wakes me. This last weekend was particularly bad (I made such a delicious date and apple slice on Friday, only ate one-and-a-bit pieces, but…). So my body is telling me not to eat these things, and one day I will listen πŸ™‚

I mean food choices of course – Freudian slip?

Hi B and B
    We redicovered the joys of simple fresh or stewed fruits with homemade unsweetened yoghurt in the evenings after dinner. Mr P feels he has had a proper dinner and, with the small number of eating sessions we have these days, we get to have fruit. We often don’t have breakfast and don’t snack any more, so we need to fit fruit in. I find I sleep a lot better by having it after dinner (many people call it dessert, but that gives images of sugary cooked puddings) P πŸ™‚

Hi Barata

I don’t think that it is necessarily psychological. Rich food keeps me and OH awake at night. We try not to have any at night. When I stew fruit as P suggests, I do not add sugar. I have gently poached fruit with full fat Greek yogurt and chia seeds. Just a small helping is a beautiful dessert.

Cheers, Bay πŸ˜‰

It’s not specifically the rich food, Bay, it’s that dratted two hour waking – should be able to go back to sleep but almost never can. Resorted to sleeping tablets at the weekend, but I am loathe to continue with them, particularly if I wake up at 3am or later. Just eating better in the evenings will eliminate one of the causes of waking. Won’t do the rest of me any harm, either.

Hi Barata

Great to chat with you. I’m seeing Wiwi for coffee on Wednesday morning at Wadestown kitchen. Would you like to meet us there? If so, what time? Don’t put any personal detail on the thread. We can exchange info when we meet.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Ooops I posted this on the wrong thread, meant to post here. Just shows how excited I am!

For the past 4 weeks I have lost 2lbs each week. But as you know this week I had a very naughty kebab and chips, plus mucho vino on each of my non fast days. So I weighed in this morning …. and….. I have lost another 3lbs, yes three whole pounds! I am under 10 stone for the first time in living memory, well about 20 years. I am over the moon!

Fasting today, it’s a 350 calorie day. Liquid only fast tomorrow, then another 350 fast on Thursday or Friday. This is what works for me.

Loving, yes absolutely loving this new way of life.

Sorry, Bay, I’m a working woman. Drat, would love to have joined you. Enjoy.

Applepie, so are we all – it’s magic!

Evening fellow losers πŸ˜€ what a day today, didn’t get home until 5:30pm after a 7:30am start πŸ˜€ and it was go, go, go all day long (no time for a lunch break either) so it’s ended up being a FD (not hungry yet so will see what I have later … have boiled some eggs for OH so might have one of them as I made extra for lunches/snacks etc for him).

Tomorrow is my regular FD and so I will do that too, not worried about not eating as sometimes I do a 23/1 or at most 18/6 as both of these work for me if I eat more often I start to feel a bit sluggish/not quite “there” type of feeling, not from the food at the time but from eating so often but after having said it was not it could probably also be a little from eating the food as I’d generally have more than my usual amount of calories spread over the day.

Hoping everyone is having a losing or maintaining day/evening πŸ˜€ chat later πŸ˜†

Hi Barata
    Even if it is not possible to meet with Bay, it would be great to meet you.
    Give me a place and time to meet, I can come. I am free all day on Wednesday even after working hours. I am in Wellington for another 10 days.

xx Wiwi

Morning all.

Great to hear of everyones progress.
    My 15 blitz is complete, and I’ve had 10 FDs and 5 eating days, plus 10 days of exercise and 5 days rest. The exercise days have been a combination of FDs and non FDs. I feel great but have not lost an ounce which is extremely disappointing. I weigh the same as when I weighed myself on 4th February. I’m not surprised at not losing any weight the first two weeks of February as I had a lot of social outings that involved eating and the GDs then would have prevented any gain, but I don’t understand why I’ve not lost anything since, especially as I weigh everything, I’ve given up bread, which means I’ve given up butter, marmalade, peanut butter etc, AND I’ve given up drinking alcohol at home πŸ™

I forgot to read that one through, FDs NOT GDs, althought I might have to call them Gain Days at this rate……………….

Oh Amazon thats so disappointing for you. Maybe since you joined the new gym you have made a lot of “new” muscle? At least you know you havent cheated the past few weeks, so it HAS to shift eventually.

Amazon,
    Your body is hanging on to the fat to sustain the energy to do the exercise. I warned you that the same happens to me when I do lots of exercise. Stick with it, the body will accept the new level eventually. You are doing great and you look good. The scale can be your enemy at times.

You never did tell whether the Monday night meet up happened? I am trying one myself tonight? Good Luck! It’s great to make new friends.

Just off to ballroom dancing, then Yoga – nice salad planned today and Thai prawns for dinner. Got to get to Canterbury later to sort out my phone, so irritating.

Yes Weemam I am starting gloves but now the use circular needles not four needles I think.

I would like to join you in the two pounds per week loss journey starting today. I have been so discouraged trying to lose this 20 pounds. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Hi Peale and welcome.

Nama, I’ve been doing cardio, Pilates and swimming so that won’t put muscle on in the short term. I think Jojo is nearer to the truth, and I know that I need to keep going and things will start moving again soon. I’ve also realised that there are some things I’ve not been weighing on non FDs so I’m going to ensure that I do from now on, although it shouldn’t have made much difference.

What is really bothering me is that the scales at the gym say I weigh 5 kgs more than my scales at home. I could accept them being 1-2 kgs out but 5 just isn’t possible! I’ll keep away from the gym scales until I reach goal, when I intend to but some new fancy ones for home.

I’m on the second day of B2B and have just got home from the gym. I had a really good workout this morning, completd all the resistance exercises with less difficulty than last week, sat in the jacuzzi for a while, then swam for 30 minutes followed by some supine contemplation in the sauna.
    Despite being windy enough to blow you down the street, it is a lovely sunny day.
    It ain’t all bad πŸ˜‰

Jojo, there was no Monday night meet up, but there was a Wednesday night meet up with some ex colleagues.
    I’m thinking about trying out West London Ramblers this weekend, and going to the social evening of the group I was telling you about, next Thursday.

Hi Amazon:

Number 5 may explain your performance: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Simco,

Thanks for trying, but no 5 does not explain why I’ve not lost weight in the past few weeks. I’ve been exercising several times per week for a very long time, just changed the type of exercise that I do. I exercise for fitness, fasting is for weight loss, and I have already lost 4st.
    I have also been in situations like this before while fasting and after a few weeks of not losing anything,several pounds dropped off at once.
    It’ll come off when it is ready πŸ™‚

Hi Amazon:

I suspected you knew, although the fact you changed your exercise means you are using different muscles, which may cause water retention.

So maybe number 2 might describe your situation?

The real answer simply has to do with timing of when you weigh and water retention.

Probably, and although I know it’ll come off at some stage, it is really disappointing.

And I’ve already lost a couple of pairs of trousers……and the rest, skirts, blouses, tops, coats, underwear, swimming costume, in fact almost an entire wardrobe!

Good morning all πŸ˜€

Welcome Peale this is a great group to be a part of as everyone is very supportive many of us have an eating patter of 19/5, 18/6 and occasionally 23/1 in that we eat within the lower number window per day πŸ˜†

Another warm sunny day expected but at least I don’t have to be at work so early today πŸ˜€ or work so late either come to that.

Had an unplannned FD yesterday (23/1) and felt good, today is my normal FD so it’ll be B2B’s at least once this week πŸ˜€ we’ll see how today and tomorrow goes first πŸ˜€

Have a wonderful FD/non-FD everyone no matter where you are or what part of your journey you’re up to πŸ˜€

Keep on going Amazon. I’d ignore the gym scales…stick to whichever scales you started with. They are all only numbers.
    Gets expensive with clothes, though.

I’ve just been through the change of season try on (and I’m changing wardrobes). I had to give away hundreds of dollars more clothes..some of them only bought last year after my initial weightloss..all too difficult to remodel. Some I will miss, but I’m never going to be that person again.:)

You have come a long way Amazon… remember, this woe is for life, not a fad, quick fix diet. Give your body a chance to reset again.

Tuesday here. Sun shining. A little nip in the air…Autumn is starting. P πŸ™‚

Hi Purple.

I wonder if they are set heavy on purpose so people work harder πŸ˜‰
    I’m not going near them again.

The fact that I’ve come a long way and that there are folk like you to remind and encourage me are the reasons I’ve not bought half of the contents of a cake shop today.
    I went to the store for some milk and a couple of other items and bought myself a sweet treat, a bag of clementines!
    I bought some rice wraps a few weeks ago and had a couple for dinner stuffed with crayfish tails, salad and a really spicy home made salsa. I followed them up with a clementine and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. It felt more like a feast than a fast day dinner.

We have had typical March weather today, cold and very windy with beautiful blue skies and sunshine.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜† Thank you all from the bottom of my heart yesterday is history todays the mystery πŸ˜‰
    β€œWe are but visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful with our lives. If you contribute to other people’s happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV
    Have a great Tuesday Fast Friends
    Peace RT

Morning RT. The Dalai Lama is such a champ, isn’t he?

Funny, Amazon, how a really tasty fast day dinner, prepared with care and presented well really is a banquet. We don’t need to stuff our faces with other food, when delicious, healthy options are there for our enjoyment. Well done on resisting the cake shop πŸ˜‰

I think you are right about the gym scales. They want to panic people into working harder. All they need to do is eat less. πŸ˜‰

All power to you fts. P

Amazon when I bought new scales they made me 3 pounds heavier than my old one soooo I always subtract 3 pounds every time I weigh . . I refuse to put 3 pounds on :).

Was at hospital today ,hubby getting his eyes tested as he has cataracts .He is having them done , first in about 2 months . On Thursday he has his scan for the aneurysms . he is getting his MOT ( he joked) . Just so much happening at once .

It has been snowing heavy now for hours and the roads are pretty bad . It looks like Christmas . Beautiful to look at but so glad I don’t have to drive in it .

Bought some smaller clothes in the sales today and I feel so good .
    Onwards and downwards my friends .

My hubby asked me today if I wanted to loose much more as he thinks I look great . What a nice thing to say after all these years .

Wee xx

Hello all

RT – how fantastic! Brilliant achievement. Good luck on the maintenance.

Amazon – stick with it. You know it’s just a blip and the science speaks for itself – if you are using up more calories than you are consuming, you can’t fail. Your crayfish tail wraps sound wonderful – my kind of food.

I’ve had a semi-fast day today – around 800 calories, and doing a full 500 calorie day tomorrow. I’ve been messing about for weeks but now feel very determined, though won’t weigh until the end of the week when I’ve got two more ‘lean’ days and another fast under my belt.

Hi Peale, welcome to Jojo’s thread. Good luck with your 20lbs, you will find the support and inspiration you need here, plus some new friends. Do let us know how you progress.

Well done Applepie, that’s a great loss! No wonder you’re walking on air.

Hi to everyone else. Weeman – thinking of you.

Smiffy x

Wiwi, how are you placed for lunch or afternoon coffee on Friday? J’ville suit? At a pinch, after work Wednesday maybe if that’s better for you?

Good evening All,
    Welcome Peale, 20 lbs may sound a lot to you but it’s just 10 weeks fasting, slim for summer. Join us and read back, you will find all the tips and help you need to succeed. You are in good company. I am aiming to lose 42 lbs over the next 4 months so I have my work cut out too.
    I have had another frustrating day of changing plans. I did ball room dancing and yogalates plus dog walk. Then my friend cancelled on me for tonight, she is very poorly. So I decided to play badminton, huge mistake, my shoulder was very painful so I left early and told them I wouldn’t be back for at least one month. We need to pay attention to our bodies signals.
    I have noticed( since doing 19/5) that my body has ceased to tell me it’s hungry in the morning. It’s almost like it has given up expecting me to listen which suits me fine. I have noticed that I am sleeping well most nights, even oversleeping some mornings, whatever next? I used to be such an early bird.
    I have switched some exercise this week, more aerobic now. I watched a body attack class today, scary- lots of punching and kicking with very stern expressions. I hope the members enjoy this aggressive class, not for me, I like to smile.
    Not weighing in until Sunday as I am hoping for a 3 lb loss this week.
    Weemam – what point are you stopping at? For me it’s 10 stone. I don’t want to look to scrappy.
    Amazon – let me know how Thursday goes, my night will be in a couple of weeks now. I am sure you will enjoy the ramblers, quite fast walkers and often a well educated bunch. I have done a couple of their walks. I didn’t like that they don’t allow time to enjoy the views. It can be all about trudging foot paths to secure them for the future. But at least they are well planned and can be good long walks.
    PVE – always the voice of reason
    RT – the Philosopher
    Aussie Oma- unplanned fast days, are you mad? There is no such thing!
    Simcoeluv- are you an accountant? Always about the numbers!
    Nama- how is it going? Exercise? Branching out yet? Try a hoop, it’s fun and great for the waistline.

I booked a private lesson to learn the ‘jive’, I hope I learn quickly because it’s Β£25.00 per hour instruction. Yikes!

Time for sleep now, bowling and circuit training tomorrow.

There’s a lot to be said for simcoeluv suggestion about exercise muscle groups.
    It’s true , more muscle body builders can’t just focus on biceps. To make them bigger. They also have to build the muscles that support the weights when the biceps aren’t in control of the weight. The entire compound group. Like measuring only the bicep not realizing the tricep has increased…
    I’m with simcoeluv , though I wish it were other wise. Unless I want to spend 40hours a week in the lifting gym and eating a strict transformation diet to get a body builder physic . I’m not going to gain a much much higher metabolism . It’s the mostly the aerobic actions that contribute to TDEE that will influence fat loss.
    I aim for 2,000 a week . 2,000 exercise calories a week is at the edge of what I find doable without making it an unenjoyable chore. I know my fat loss in this second year has a lot in relation to the exercises and walking I’ve been doing.

For me it was a trade off. And thanks to simcoeluv I realize the trade off. My activity. Made me weigh more! But the activity is making me much healthier. Much more strength and stamina than I had in my 30s. Much more confidence to keep skipping rope, although it took me 6months to jump for 4 minutes straight. And over a year to get to the 10 minute mark. Yes I believe I gain some muscle weight from it, but more importantly I gained the ability to keep exercising. Even if it’s just for 3,7, or 10 minutes.

Further on someone pointed out that the 30minute workout videos and other programs. Can make us so exhausted that we don’t feel like being active for the rest of the day. What a great point!
    I took it to heart . I try to exercise at the least twice a day. And there a lot of great choices. Wether it’s 1 hour of play, or 10 minutes of skipping rope, the list for looking up how many calories get used per hour for many exercise is really available by Internet search. For me. Yeathe fat loss is what I desire but what I really need is keep active, keep focussed on the fat that enters my blood after eating. Rather than go low fat, my understanding is to walk or it off or do HIIT exercise is the better health choice. So I try my very best to exercise after my morning meal and and after my last meal. , just because it keeps it simple and doable. If you haven’t watched Dr Moselys video THE TRUTH ABOUT EXERCISE. PLEASE WATCH IT.
    From that I deicided I would have a job where I would walk all the time to increase my NEAT. choose an exercise that would accomplish HIT at least 3 times a week. But also on my own chose 4:3 with planned breaks so I could strength train and gain muscle. The extra muscle I feel is helping me to BE strong enough to keep up all this activity. I know it’s a trade off . More muscle less weight loss. But IMO the trade off is I feel up to the 2,000 calories of exercise per week.

On personal note . Today was so freakin long at work it made this little piggy whine all the way home.

Hi My name is Carla and just started the 5.2 as from Monday, so just my second day and tomorrow will be my second fast day. I started straight with my fast day. I found it to be ok no problems just one question really which is the best way of doing the fast. I know we must consume 500 calories and have spoken to a few of my friends in which some do two meals a day or 3 meals a day. Which is the correct approach in regards to how many meals you space your 500cal??

Hi jojo:

No, not an accountant. But as you have discovered, the numbers matter!

Hi Carla and welcome.

There is not a precise answer to your question as many people do 5:2 differently. As long as you stick to the underlying principles you will lose weight steadily, with maybe an ocasional plateau. Many of us on this thread save our daily allowance (on fast days) for one main meal in the evening, mainly because if we start eating early in the day, we find it difficult to keep to the limits. Keeping busy on fast days is the key. If you want to do this properly, read all you can, starting with the info on this site. And join in this forum as there are lots of very experienced and successful fasters on here, you will learn a lot! Good luck.

Hi Jojo and thanks for asking. l am going ok thanks. Bit frustrated not swimming while the hand heals, who ever would have thought I would miss it!!! Funny you asked today, as Tues is my weekly weigh day. Only lost 400g this week, (equals about 1 lb.) but quite happy with that as I know why – too many social meals out! In my previous life I probably would have gained more than a few pounds eating as I have on non fast days this week, but fasting is the best tool for maintaining control. I am not ready to start any more structured exercise but have been getting in some long walks, with a pedometer (!) so thats progress. New Nike “Free” shoes successful as they are like walking in bare feet and no pressure on achilles injury. Will be starting swimming at the new gym next week and will check out their aquarobics and yoga. I have never done yoga and look forward to trying it.

This thread is the best for inspiration – thankyou all of you!

Hi FTers and welcome Peale and Carla.

RT fantastic news – so well done. Mrs RT must be proud of you, and you should also be proud of your effort.

Wee, lovely to hear your Dad has noticed your losses, and Mr Wee too. You have such sweet menfolk.

Purple, yes the noise is just horrendous – I feel sorry for the people who live nearby. Fortunately we live behind some hills so the sound doesn’t penetrate but the traffic is always awful with the road closures. I understand most roads are open from tomorrow. It’s supposed to be good for the economy but I think that’s just Labor govt spin because I bet they don’t take into account the hours and fuel wasted in traffic and the lost productivity. (rant over)

Just a quick hello as I’ve been insanely busy at Bot Gdns work, plus teaching and marking a test. Last Thursday after TAFE, so tired while driving home I have a horrible feeling I drove through an intersection after the light was red – just kept going with with the straight on traffic and looked in the mirror to see that the car behind had stopped and then noticed the red right turn arrow πŸ™ No fine in the mail yet but will only relax after two weeks – still 8 business days left.

Second of three days of no food this week till I get home. Tomorrow I’ll have some protein and veg for a late lunch to give me the fuel for weights. Just had cuppa with OH plus about 10g of cashews about an hour ago. Veg stir-fry for dinner.

Went to yoga yesterday for the first time since my tumble and, apart from a few twinges with some poses, don’t seem to have lost any flexibility even though it was the first time since before Christmas – could even touch the floor with my hands during Crocodile. On the strength of that (pun intended) am going to weight training tomorrow. Will probably pay for that on Thursday!

Take care everyone and keep up the good work. nxx

Morning/evening all.

Lots of interesting comments overnight πŸ™‚

I’m up early for me as Pilates is at 9am so I’m just about to leave.
    Have a good day/evening all

Just back from Pilates, hopped on the scales and I’ve lost 3lbs Smiley

Woohoo! Just saw this as I’m turning off the phone for the night…had to turn it back on. Top work Amazon. You’ll be dropping another dress size soon. πŸ˜† G’night P

What can I say? I got a little sad so I popped back.

I don’t know what I expect anyone to do, but I don’t really get support in the ‘real world’

Have been so ill recently, and have had to stop exercising so as not to induce seizures.

So now I have stopped loosing weight, maybe I have gone a little bit over on fast days – up to 250 – 100 extra.

Being ill makes me sad and I still have jelly beans from christmas.

I am just a bit gutted.

YAY Amazon, well worth the little weight (pun intended).

H-H,

Sorry to hear you’re unwell at the moment. Look after yourself and try to remain positive. If you don’t lose any weight for a while don’t worry about it but try to concentrate on not gaining any. If you can bring yourself to do so, put those jelly beans in the bin, they are pure sugar.

Take it easy, you’ll be able to get back on track once you’ve recovered.

I second AO, Yay Amazon! Go girl!

Nice to hear from you Heavens, good you could pop in here when feeling down. Great work saving the jelly beans, I havent got any xmas goodies left! Its a big ask to be changing your eating pattern if you are so unwell, maybe you need to be a little gentler on yourself. Concentrate on getting well first and just try to eat sensibly. You say exercise is inducing seizures, then lay off the exercise for now! I assume your doctor is aware of these? And if you are usually on medication for seizures, you really need to let your doc know your weight issues and plans re fasting….take care and call in for a chat when you need to, lots of friendly ears around here.

I really hope I do get back on track, and I know I should throw them away really.
    there are only about ten left now anyway I think – so the cheating couldn’t last long.

Yes Nama, I have epilepsy, so my doctors are all aware of my seizures and I have spoken to nurses about the diet and gone through my intake, I have a nutrient checker and vitamins,they say as long as I am keeping in that then I am okay.
    since I get monthly health checks with bloods and scans anyway they are happy to monitor me.

I get so discouraged from this so easily, all I seem to get round here is talk about how good I ‘used to look’ and what a shame it is that I don’t look like it anymore.

Thankyou.

Round here meaning Salisbury…not this board

Hang in there HH, you will get back to your old self. At least you can get back onto the treadmill, even if only for a short time. Remember all that time in a wheelchair? You have come a long way, just be patient with yourself. The old HH is still in there, she will be back!

Viewing 50 posts - 7,651 through 7,700 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.