Looking for Advice on How to Loose Weight the Right Way

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Looking for Advice on How to Loose Weight the Right Way

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’m an 18 year old female and I have finally decided it is time to loose weight. My goal is to lose 60-80 pounds over the next two years but I have some concerns. My first biggest concern is sagging skin. I know I’m young and my skin most likely still has some elasticity, but it is still my biggest fear and I’m looking for some ways to prevent it as much as possible. I don’t have money to get plastic surgery so preventing sagging skin is my only option at the moment. I’m also looking for a good diet plan that will keep me on track. My biggest issue in the past is that I can’t stay on a certain calorie count because I enjoy certain foods too much. I don’t know how to incorporate them in a healthy way. As for exercise, I plan on swimming, walking on the treadmill, biking, and other basic techniques. It would also be helpful if I could learn some new exercises that will be beneficial to me so I don’t get bored too quickly. I know some new muscle-building techniques might help with the sagging skin.

Thank you in advance!

Sydni- I am much, much older than you. I think most folks here are well over 18 and that may be what intimidates them about responding.

I think you are very fortunate if you are taking your weight into hand while you are young and your skin can still recover. I think you should be clear and diligent about what you’re doing so that you don’t get into a lifelong diet/binge cycle like so many of us have. I think you need to be very realistic about what is a healthy weight for you and avoid buying in to images that are promoted by media and mistaking that for what’s right for you. Consequently, I’d begin by consulting your doctor.

Get a plan that he or she and you can agree on as a target and method. If you need to take information about intermittent fasting along with you so that he/she can see the sound research it’s based on do that.

Then plan to meet your needs. Have FDs that fit into your schedule at school. Take meals with you so you’re not caught having to find food where you are that may not be ideal for you.

Reconsider those “certain foods you enjoy too much”. They may be the very ones that cause overeating. I know I’ve given up sodas, fast foods, starchy carbs and sugar and I NEVER thought I could but EVERYTHING became easier after I did.

Repeating: talk to your doctor and get him or her on your side and monitoring that you’re going in a healthy direction. Be disciplined. Be strong. Be healthy!

Best of luck!

Hi, another way to lose weight also is to drink too much water and walk 30 minutes everyday, avoid fat food , I hope it will work for you and you need to be patient.

@jakobuss – too much water? do you mean to say at least half your body weight in ounces plus anymore you can handle?

Hi Sydni,

Your 18, you haven’t even stopped growing yet. I do not think you will have problems with your skin, at that age it is still supple and will recover.

You’ve answered your own question. You like certain foods too much so that makes it difficult to stay under your calorie count. What are they? Be honest. NOW DONT HAVE THEM. Its that simple. I doubt that they’re vegetables, right?

Avoid sugar at all cost. Look at the food labels of what you are eating. What is the sugar content? Look for foods with less than 10% sugar content, better still look for less than 5% sugar. Look to eat foods with a lot of bulk and low calories. A big bowl of tuna salad. Throw in any green chopped vegetable (raw) that you like into the bowl. 100g of tuna or chicken. Lots of iceberg lettuce, maybe 1/2 a tomato chopped up. A chili if you like it spicy. A few splashes of apple cider vinegar. DO NOT use balsamic vinegar as this can have up to 50% sugar content!!

If you change nothing else, just going for a gentle one hour walk every day will see you losing 15 pounds in a year. You do not have to turn into a gym junkie to make this work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.