London girl in late 20s with 4st to lose – anyone want to buddy up?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
London girl in late 20s with 4st to lose – anyone want to buddy up?

This topic contains 316 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Moa 7 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 320 total)

• I feel like I’m in too much shock to fast today… I am going to try but I may need to drown my sorrows in a comforting noodle soup. Good luck to all! xxx

Hi everyone!

Fasting went well yesterday, so I’m happy to have fulfilled 2 days of fasting this week! Stepped on the scale this morning and down 0,2 kg again, so after last months huge drop it has slowed down as I expected, but as long as there is a drop (even the smalest) I’ll be happy with that!

How did it go for the rest of you? Are you ready for next weeks fasts?
    x

Morning Everyone,

Fast yesterday was good for me too – have done my 2 days this week and dropped 0.6kg so very happy with that – now to maintain that into fast days next week! My progress chart looks so funny – there is a definite pattern emerging of drop down, then a (smaller) step up etc, but overall I have now lost 3kg since the start of October so can’t complain!

Frida you were probably going a bit too fast before – any loss after the speed you were going is fantastic!

kmcall19, Miffy88? How did it go? Hope everyone is happy and powering through to the end of the week!

xxxxx

Hello everyone,

Yesterday went well for me too! I’m planning on fasting on Friday as yesterday was my first fast this week.

Well done on the weight loss Belbop & Frida!

Hi everyone!

I hope you’re having a nice weekend! Are you ready to fast tomorrow?? I’m ready, have eaten way too much this weekend it feels like, so will be nice to have a day without a lot of food, haha!

Good luck tomorrow!!
    x

Morning All

How are you?

Frida I’m so ready to fast today! Who else is with us? I’m feeling so guilty after last weeks break and will try going back to 5:2 rather than 4:3 and hopefully get my motivation back. How are you feeling? It’s great you are still losing weight each week as well. You must be working really hard! 🙂

Belbop I’m sure if I was updating my chart regularly it would be full of zig zags. It’s great you are keeping track and can identify patterns. Weighing myself tomorrow for the first time in a while. Nervous!! Hope it goes well this week!

kmcall19 and Miffy88 how’s it going? Are you fasting today too?

Morning all!

I had such a shock when I stepped on the scales this morning! Put SO much back on in 4 days – nearly 1kg – how is that possible!! Desperately in need of fasting today! Hope you all had good weekends? Welcome back Buzzkill! Stay strong today all.

xxx

Hi everyone

How’s today going?

I’m staying strong for now! 🙂

Belbop – don’t worry about the kg on the scales today. Often it’s affected by loads of different reasons like water intake etc. If you weigh yourself again tomorrow I bet it won’t be as much as that. Even if it is try not to worry – we have all been there and a good week this week will reverse that I’m sure. Are you fasting today?

xxx

Hi all,

Fasting is going good! had some soup for lunch and now I’ll stay with tea for the evening!

Belbop; don’t you worry about gaining, I’m always 1-2 kg heavier Monday morning than Thursday or Friday when I weigh in for the week! I think it’s water that my body retain as I’m not at all strict with what I eat then, normally I drop almost 1 kg between Monday and Tuesday, and then the rest is off by Wednesday!

I weighted in again Friday and had dropped 0,5 kg since Thursday so I’m very happy, back in the BMI range of 23 (high 23 but still 🙂 )and looking at my “high weigh” of the week aka my Monday weigh, it’s now the same as my low weight 3 was weeks ago, so I’m very pleased with that I must say!

I hope you’re still going strong Buzzkill!!

Morning All

How’s it going?

Anyone fasting with me today? It’s going ok so far, just trying to keep busy. I ended up going over on Monday and so really want a good a day today. Help me!

Frida congrats on the BMI – that’s wonderful! You inspired me to look into mine. I still have a while to go until I’m comfortably in the ‘healthy weight’ section but it’s nice to have another little goal to work towards. Do you think you’ll stop the 5:2 soon or go to one day a week?

Hope everyone’s day is going well!

Hello!

Fasting is going well, though I had more to lunch than I normally do on a fast day, but still within limits. How is it going for the rest of you?

Buzzkill, still have around 5 kg that I want to lose I think, will stop when I’m feeling good in my body again! Now i’m very lose in some parts of it and then I’ve “only” lost about 6 kg in total. Hopefully soon it will start toning in a way for me to feel comfortable!

Hope fasting is going great for you guys!
    x

Hello everyone!

Hope you’re all having a lovely week.

I haven’t been on here for a few days mainly because I don’t want to feel like I’m being negative when you’re all doing so well. I just feel like the fast diet isn’t for me I just can’t seem to get into it. I don’t know if I’m going to continue doing it or if I’m going to find something else that works for me.

Hi Everyone

How is your day going?

kmcall19 I feel really similarly to you and can’t work out why some people are doing so well and I’m not. I don’t find this diet easy at all. It’s been a struggle from the beginning but honestly it’s the only thing that has worked in any way for me and allowed me to at least keep weight off.

Never worry about being negative. This place is to share our fear and concerns as well as celebrations and there is always time for a rant and so you are not alone! Don’t disappear on us if you still want to give 5:2 a try! 🙂

Have you tried any other diets? I found the Dukan diet impossible but it’s worked perfectly for a girl in my office who has lost tonnes of weight in the space of a few months. At least it allows you to eat as much as you want and not obsess over calories. Anyway it’s all about doing what is best for you. 🙂

How’s your week going Frida? I have a similar weight loss goal but you’re right it’s all about how you feel as well. 🙂

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Hi Everyone,

Only managed one fast day this week – has all been too mental. I still haven’t got rid of all my gain from the weekend but have reduced it – still 0.3kg up on what I was at the end of last week – what a shocker! I need to be really restrained this weekend, really don’t know what happened there but I think some of it must have been water weight.

kmcall19 – don’t despair – I think we are all going to go through ups and downs – Buzzkill and I are both going through difficult times with this as well. We are all here for you and ready for you to rant away!

Buzzkill – it’s so good that you have identified that it is the best thing for you, even if it’s not easy, keeping weight off is such a positive, even if it is a tiny bit at a time.

Well done again Frida – really pleased for you, sounds like you are doing great.

Happy weekend ladies! xxx

Hi girls! I’m in London too and am also new to 5:2. I’d love to join you! I’m on my second week, lost a couple of pounds but am so far finding it quite hard to control myself on my non-fasting days so that is something to definitely be wary of! I actually find the fast days super easy, and although I don’t have too much weight to lose it is a stubborn 10lbs I’ve been carrying for five or six years, which in a way feels harder than if I had a lot to lose as the motivation is less. Have you guys needed to lose weight for a while too or are you attacking recent gains? x

Welcome Emily5252!

I’m pretty much the same as you – I have 10lbs I would like to lose before my wedding next summer – I put most of it on when I broke my foot earlier this year, but my weight has been creeping up for about 4 years.

My BMI is within health limits which is why it is often so easy to cheat – I think ‘I don’t really NEED to lose, I just want to’ – but I will be so mad at myself if I don’t!

This group has been so great – lots of motivational tips and support from the girls.

I’m fasting today and going ok so far, even though it is such a miserable day that all I want to do is eat sweets!

Is anyone with me?

xxx

Hi Everyone

Belbop I’m right there with you! 🙂 Fasting today and it’s going ok so far but I know my danger zone is when I get home from work but I’m determined not to cheat today. Fasting again on Wednesday, you?

Welcome Emily5252! I’m from London and hoping to lose a little bit more than you – 14-20 pounds but I’ll see how I feel when (if!) I lose 14. Great to hear you have lost some weight already and aren’t finding fast days too tricky.

I am 29 now and my weight has yo yoed in my adult life – 1-3 stone overweight. I’m the lightest I have been for a few years after being on the 5:2 for a few months though but still a little way to go. 🙂

It is tougher to lose the weight when you have less to lose. The last stone is always the hardest to shift all the best of luck guys!

It is hard not to go mad on non fast days. I don’t even count wine as calories on the weekend! Have you worked out your TDEE?

Frida and kmcall19 I hope you’re having a good Monday. Are you fasting this week?

xxx

hello everyone!

Started fasting today, but then my boss invited the team for lunch as we’ve managed to reach the year end goal already in the project I’m working in, so decided to move the fast day to tomorrow instead..

Good luck to you fasting today!! I’m mentally preparing for tomorrow now!

xx

Hello,

fasting today and determined to complete it even if I’m a bit hungry… I think we all have some difficulties sticking to it at this point. I have the same issue as you Belbop that I get into this mood of thinking that it’s not that I need to loose anymore just me wanting to loose some more.. This week is even worse as I’m on my period thus have gained some cause of that which makes me think that I’ve failed…

But I do have a new motivation, I’ve taken 2 months off from work beginning of next year and will go backpacking and sailing/diving in New Zealand and Australia, thus only 6 weeks for me to get to the beach 2017 shape, hoping to get down to 59 kg until then, that means loosing 3 kg (looking at todays higher weight) until then, which should be manageable, or what do you think?

Anyone fasting tomorrow? I might join you in case it’s not too hard doing my 2 days in a row!

xx

Morning All

I hope your week is going ok?

Frida that’s amazing!! What an adventure to look forward to. Brilliant motivation as well. It sounds absolutely magical and good your work let you take a break. Are you going alone? I’m excited for you!

Oh I don’t know what my excuse is then because I still have quite a bit to lose. 🙂 I have found it a bit easier since switching to 5:2 from 4:3.

I’m fasting with you today Frida! How’s it going? Sometimes I prefer 2 days in a row because you are in the zone and then can get on with enjoying your week. It’s difficult too though obviously.

Didn’t have time to make my usual zero noodle lunch which is annoying. Eating out under 200 calories is quite tricky! I’ll probably go to boots or tesco. Any other options you guys know of in central london?

xxx

Hello,

So have decided to break my fast today, I’ve felt dizzy all day so trying to cure that will go before staying under 500 cal, but I’m not overindulging either so i’m not beating myself up too much!

Buzzkill, I’m going by myself but will visit som friends and have another friend that will join me for 2 weeks in NZ, then I’ll spend 1 week on a boat in the Great Barrier Reef with a group of people, some which I know, so it will be so great! I’m really happy that my work let me take the time off, but my boss reckoned that it was either that or I resigned, haha.

How is your fast day going? I’m trying to think of when I can fit in a new this week… I get a bit upset with myself that I can’t manage to stick to it 100% anymore..

xx

Hello,

So feeling a lot better today and will try to make it a fast day. Only 0,3 kg over my lowest weight now, so hopefully I’ll end the week at that level. I want to think that I’ve reached a plateau after my huge loss in October, but to be honest it’s because I have not been as strict as I was that month, haha!! I’m still down looking at November, but only 0,5 kg compared with the 3 kg in October. I’ll set a new goal of -1 kg in November, and then hopefully get back on track next month (because December is know to be a month when you eat balanced and well, haha).

How are the rest of you doing? Still struggling some as well?
    xx

Hi everyone! Hope you don’t mind me joining you. I’m starting 5:2 again after a couple of months off – it was working well for me but then I started bingeing all the time which completely offset any results and made me feel out of control, so I stopped in order to get more regular eating habits. I’ve gained a kilo but don’t have uncontrollable urges any more so I’d like to give the diet another shot.

I only have somewhere between 3 to 5 kilos to lose, but I’ve been trying to get rid of them for five or six years without reaching my goal. I always give up when I get to my comfortable weight.

Day 1 after the break and I’m feeling kind of light-headed, but I think it’ll be fine.

Morning All

Sorry Frida! I didn’t get notifications of your posts for some reason otherwise I would have replied sooner. I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better. How is today going?

The trip still sounds so amazing. It’s great you will have a balance of time with friends and alone. I bet you are so excited!! Haha your boss sounds very wise to me. 🙂

I was strict with myself this week but the scales are still the same. I feel like I’m going a bit mad! I did measure myself and have lost half an inch on my waste since last measuring but still feels like I’ve been in limbo for the longest time.

I guess we should stop obsessing quite so much, we will just quit if we are making ourselves miserable and it’s natural the weight loss will slow down a little.You’re right, it’s probably just us not being as hardcore with it as we were in the beginning. Maybe new posters can be our inspiration…

WELCOME MOA! Thanks for joining the group. It’s getting a little quiet here lol. I too went on the 5:2 a while back and gave up – mostly because I was kidding myself that I was still doing it! Back on it now though and I’m happy with it, despite the scales not decreasing even when I will them too with my mind.

Which days are you planning on fasting on? I hope it’s still going ok and you aren’t feeling light headed. Have you planned your food out for the day?

xxx

P.s. terrified about December when I inevitably eat everything in sight!!

Hi girls, I feel like I haven’t posted in a while so I just wanted to check in.

I’ve had a think and I’ve decided not to do the 5:2 diet at the moment, I need to sort out my mental health before I can focus on anything else. Once I’m feeling better I’ll hopefully be back doing the 5:2. I still want to lose weight but I just feel like everythings getting a bit too much for me just now.

Hope you’re all well and I’ll make sure to check in with you.

Have a lovely day! X

Thanks for your welcome, Buzzkill! I’m planning on doing Wednesdays and Sundays. I might switch to doing Mondays after a while, but I hate going to lectures hungry as my rumbling stomach just ruins everything. I’m keeping that situation at one day a week until it learns to keep quiet.

Well done on losing half an inch! It’s frustrating when the scales refuse to move even though you’ve been doing everything right, but it seems like you’re headed the right diretion either way.

Today is actually going really well. I feel perfectly fine. My plan for the day consists of three ProPud containers (they’re these low-carb, low-calorie and protein-packed dairy puddings that taste delicious) which totals 432 kcals.

Hi,

Kmcall; that sounds like a good choice and please check in and write from times to times even if you’re not on the 5:2 to give us updates on how you’re doing! But it sounds like a wise choice to focus on one thing at the time and solve that! That’s why I quit the last time I was on the diet, too much stress at work and got burned out, thus decided I needed to sort that out first hand!

Buzzkill; yeah I’m doing a lot better today, think it was a bad day yesterday only, but had some dinner and a glas of Orange juice I felt a lot better. And the fasting is going great today, so hopefully by tomorrow I’m back at my low weight again!! And good for you for the inches lost, that’s better progress than the weight in the end! Let’s do another pledge for next week and we’ll start December off with a loss 🙂

Welcome to the group Moa! As you can see, most of us have been on the diet earlier and then this autumn got back to it. It has been ups and downs for all of us I think!

Good morning,

Weigh in today shows -0.5kg, thus that gives me the mini goal I set the other day of a weight loss of 1 kg in November. I’ll try to be bit stricter from next week and hopefully I’ll be able to loose a bit more in December.

Have a great weekend all!

xx

Hi all! Fasting again today. Will be having 2 eggs, some tomato soup and either another egg or some oatmeal. It’s a cold, windy, snowy day here in Sweden so I’ll be staying bundled up inside.

Morning All

How are you?

kmcall19 so lovely to hear from you! That’s complete fair enough about the diet. Nothing is more important than your mental well-being and so I think you are doing the right thing. Please come back to us if you pop back onto the diet. Keep in touch! 🙂

Moa thanks for your kind words. I’ve stayed strong and am sticking to weighing myself only on mornings after fasts to try and stop me from getting too down.

I hope yesterday went well? I don’t think I’d have the willpower to do it on a Sunday like you. 🙂 Completely understand the stomach rumbling though! It can be embarrassing lol. I’m fasting today and then I’ll join you again on Sunday 🙂

Thanks for the support as well Frida – I’m so glad you’re feeling better! I’m fasting today and Wednesday, you? Would SO love to shed a bit more before Christmas – I’m having two weeks off and might take another break from this or go to 1 day a week.

How are we all doing on non-fast days? I usually keep below the recommended 1900 but a little above my TDEE. Also I don’t count wine! lol. Must try and be a bit better there to help boost the weight loss on fast days!

xxx

Moa I meant I’ll join you again on Wednesday! 🙂 Is it lunch time yet? xx

Hello!

I’m with you today Buzzkill!! It’s a bit hard, but I’m determined to have a successful fast day! Will do another one on Wednesday as well, so it will be the 3 of us for sure! I’m thinking about going back to 4:3 until Christmas and see how that goes, I did that in October and think that was a huge factor of my 3,5kg loss then. But will see, won’t beat myself up for sticking to 5:2.

xxx

Buzzkill: Totally with you on only weighing yourself after a fast! That’s how I prefer to do it as well. It’s just more motivating that way. Yesterday went really well! I ended up not eating until dinner time and finally figured out that I really prefer doing it that way. It’s far easier than mini meals. I would feel too weird and self-conscious about not eating in front of my classmates, though, so Sundays are best for that.

I’m down a kg since last week! How is fasting going for you both today?

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for radio silence – has been manic my end! I think I am stopping 5:2 until January now as I simply don’t have 2 days a week when I can fast – it’s party time! I may try to stick to 6:1 to maintain my 3.5kg loss since I started, but in January it’s full steam ahead with 5:2, maybe even 4:3. Huge luck to everyone – I will check in from time to time.

xxxx

Hi,I’m from Exeter and starting this today and starting as a fast day. i have 3 stone to lose and am hoping with your help I can do that.

I have done many many diets and not been successful so I’m hoping this will be the one for me. I’ve been reading through your post you all sound very connected and really helpful with one another.

Any advice will be appreciated. well done to all 🙂

Hi Everyone

How’s it going?

Welcome Cainsey80!! How is your first fast day going? Which days do you think you will fast on? I too have tried lots of different diets and – although no diet is perfect – I find this the best and most flexible one. It’s so nice to have guilt free glasses of wine on the weekend because you have worked hard during the week. Let us know how you are getting on! 🙂

Belbop hello stranger! 🙂 Only teasing – I know things are just going to get more and more manic into December. Totally respect having a break over this period, there’s no point stressing out if it isn’t realistic with all the partays. Definitely going to have a few weeks off too! Please do come and check on us from time to time. 🙂

Moa it’s fab you’ve found a fast menu that works for you. I’m black coffee then zero noodles then super low calorie dinners!! Congrats on the lost KG that’s fabulous! 🙂

Frida I might join you for 4:3, I went on to that initially but went back to 5:2. I’ll only be able to last the first few weeks of December though! They talk about half fast days in the book and so maybe I’ll have two and a half – might stop me from the post fast breakfasts I am partial to!

Sorry for the usual rambles – will probably message again tomorrow when I’m fasting too! 🙂

Hey Buzzkill, my fast day is going well, I work in a dental practice and now is the time that everyone brings in tubs of chocolate and biscuits for the staff, today we have received 2 tubs of chocolate, I have left well alone.
    My fast days will be Monday Tuesday and Thursday as these are the days that I work from 8am until midnight so hoping that will keep me focused. On my NFD I can enjoy eating with my family.I do love red wine so it’s good to know I can still have it 🙂 x

Hi all,

Welcome to the group Cainsey80! I hope you’ll enjoy it here and I hope the fast will go well today!

I think this might be a good week for me, this morning I had a new low, which never happens this early in the week, so maybe I’ll have one of those super loss weeks again, Friday will tell!

Fast day tomorrow, are you still in Moa and Buzzkill? I have a doctors appointment in the morning, thus have decided to work from home, so let’s see how that goes, I might have solved it by having nothing in the fridge so can’t be tempted to eat, haha.

Belbop; have a nice December and please do check in from time to time!

I’ll check in during the day!

xx

I’m still in! How are you managing the temptation of the (empty) fridge so far, Frida? Congrats on the new low!

Hello,

So far so good! have had some tea so far today only. Not too hungry, and will be busy with back2back calls between 1 and 4 so that save me then!

How’s your fast day going Moa? You’re still with us Buzzkill?

xx

Hi Frida and Moa!

I’m with you!! 🙂 Just had a black coffee today and going to have my zero noodles in about half an hour. You guys are right that staying busy is key! You both still staying strong?

Cainsey80 8am until midnight shifts sounds hardcore! Massive respect to you. I hope your fasts went well yesterday and congrats on resisting the chocolates too! 🙂

Well done on the loss Frida! I’m sure you’re back into your super losses. Best of luck! Unfortunately mine is still not budging but hopefully I’ll see a shift tomorrow morning. Going to do a half fast tomorrow as well.

hey guys, fast went well wasn’t as hungry as I thought I would be. I’m a slave to the scales so I weigh myself every morning this morning I was down 2lbs so so happy with that 🙂

Hope your days going well buzzkill, need to ask what are zero noodles?

Hope your all doing well today xx

Was invited to share a spontaneous meal with some friends this evening so I’m moving my fast to tomorrow instead! I was right on track for a great day but I’d rather push it forward than miss tonight. Hope things are going well for the rest of you.

Thats’ the great thing with this diet Moa, that you can just change day!

Good thing that the fast went well for you Cainsey80, when are you doing the next fast?

Still going strong, have a bit of a headache but not hungry. Have done a liquid fast today and only had tea and water, hoping for a good number tomorrow!

Morning,

not sure I could go a whole day on just water and tea Frida, that is dedication 🙂

How was your evening moa? I do like last minute changes there normally the best times.

I am fasting today and tomorrow Frida and then not eating anything Saturday until the evening as I have a girls night and we always have Chinese. How was your number today? xx

Morning All!

Finally a shift on the scales and I have lost 2 pounds! I’m going to keep just weighing and measuring myself one day a week and record it on the fast tracker whatever the result! Now I just need to restrain myself over the weekend and hopefully maintain the loss into next week.

I’ve noticed a lot of you measure in KGs. Is just a preference over pounds?

Cainsey80 zero noodles have been a bit hit and miss on this forum but I love them! 🙂 Here’s a link so you can see the kinds on offer and prices: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=zero+noodles. They are made from a Japanese root plant called root plant called Konjac but super low calorie. So I usually have them as my lunch on fast days with pasta sauce and a few salad leaves = less than 150 calories.

The downside is they smell a little when you open them and so have to rinse them a lot, they have a bit of a rubbery texture and they are quite pricey.

I agree Frida you are a superstar with your liquid fasts, you continue to impress me. The method obviously gets fantastic results – you’ve earned it!

Moa and Cainsey80 I hope you’re fasts are going well! 🙂

Hey buzzkill, well done on the 2lbs that’s great.

I had a look on the link and they are a lot like the slim noodles I used to get from holland and Barrett, might have to invest in some.

Fast is going well i haven’t eaten anything yet lol, trying to go as long as i can. xx

Hello,

Well it was down this morning but not as much as I’d hope, hopefully the scale will be nicer tomorrow! Today i’m doing a half day fast, had a nice (late) lunch with my boss and think I’m OK for the rest of the evening, will eat something small in case I get hungry!

Buzzkill; kg is used in Belgium, so that’s what my scale shows, hence I’m doing all my reporting that way. It’s mostly the Anglo-Saxon countries that use pounds/stones.

happy fasting to you Moa and Cainsey80!

xx

Hi,

My fast on Thursday went down the drain. I was doing all right until late afternoon and then I just kind of got bored of not eating so I ate. I wasn’t even very hungry. Trying again today! I’m kind of hungry and have a little bit of a headache but it’s not too bad.

Buzzkill, I use also KG just because I’m from a metric system country and it’s easier than converting everything. Congrats on shifting 2 pounds, that’s amazing!

Hey guys,
    so my Thursday and Friday fast went really well then on sat and Sunday I ruined all that I had done, very disappointed with myself to say the least. I have spent this evening making all my meals for my NFD so I can keep in my kcals and so I don’t pick 😡.

Plus side I went to Tamworth to do indoor snowboarding it was amazing and today my whole body was aching lol.

Hope you all had a great weekend xx

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 320 total)

You must be logged in to reply.