London girl in late 20s with 4st to lose – anyone want to buddy up?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
London girl in late 20s with 4st to lose – anyone want to buddy up?

This topic contains 316 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Moa 7 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 320 total)

• Morning All

How are you? Anyone fasting with me today?

Thanks so much for your messages Belbop and Frida, I really appreciate it. xx

Frida the scales are starting to cooperate with slightly which is a relief! My clothes do feel a little looser and I have had some nice comments from a few people. I’ll give it my all this week and see what happens. How’s your fast going?

Belbop ideally I’m looking to lose another 1.5 stone but think I would be happy if I lost another stone. How about you? Thanks again for the encouragement, I hope you’re right and things will pick up again soon. Good luck with the slim pasta! 🙂 I’d recommend Slim rice and soup too!

Have a great week everyone! I hope all is well. 🙂

Afternoon, everyone!
    Fasting today after a whole weekend of over-indulging 😬 So I’m feeling quite guilty now and really need this fast day! Will try to go as low on calories as possible, and I will wait as long as possible before I break my fast. But I did finally get back my scales, so tomorrow I can finally weigh myself after these 4-5 weeks on the programme. Preeeetty scared right now.. 😳
    Got a lot of work to get done this week, so no half term holiday for me, sadly.
    Sounds like you’re all getting on nicely. Enjoy your Monday, and happy fasting xx

Hi all,

FD today, stepping up on the scale this morning and I had gained a lot over the weekend, but I’m sure that but Friday I’ll have lost it all or mostly of it again, in the end the weekend was worth it! And after such a big drop last week, I’m not expecting to lose anything this week to be honest, so any loss that might happen is a big plus!

Buzzkill, that is great news that the numbers are starting to shift some for you! And if people are commenting you for sure have lost inches! Good luck to you this week!

Alexa5, good luck with your fast day today and fingers crossed for a good number tomorrow on the scale to give you a nice boost!

Hi Frida,
    Sorry about the gain but I’m sure it’s just temporary 🙂

I’ve had a good fast day and have just had my evening meal (black beans, a bit of avocado, a load of veggies and a bit of tahini, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice – a really delicious meal!). I am now watching videos on YouTube about nutrition, to satiate my inner (lazy) nerd.
    Jumped on the scales this morning and have only lost half a kilo (1 pound!) after a full month on 5:2. Anxious to see what it says tomorrow; hoping for a bit more than that. Really trying to stay positive, as I’m normally very good at sticking to healthy foods on non-FDs and rarely binge (as I did on the weekend) anymore… Oh well. Patience is a virtue, I suppose. But I’m looking to shift 4 stone, if not more, so I’m suddenly feeling quite overwhelmed!
    X

Hi everyone,

Great that the scales are moving Buzzkill – thrilled for you!
    Frida – I have put on weight over the weekend as well – for SURE – but didn’t get on the scales this morning as was running late.
    Alexa5 – one pound at a time – have you seen this:

http://dietdatabase.com/1-pound-body-fat-facts-pictures/

– it makes you realise how much one pound really is!

Fast Day today and haven’t eaten yet – just starting to feel peckish so am going to have a cup of broth and see how I do for this afternoon. Had supper with my bridesmaids last night so back on wedding mode big time and re-motivating myself to look my best in the dress! 8 months to go, and 12 more pounds ideally! We can do it ladies. Anyone else fasting today?

xxx

Hi Belbop, that was actually really helpful! Feel a bit better now 😉 also, went on the scales this morning and had dropped another 1,2 kg (which is probably water, but still) so am feeling more encouraged. And trying to remember that saying “what comes easy, goes easy”, so maybe it’s OK that it’s taking longer than I hoped, as it may just stay off this time…. I’ll take anything to keep me going lol!

And wow, 8 months until your wedding – so exciting! 12 pounds should be doable, I’m certain you’ll make it! 🙂
    Hope your fast day goes well, and a cup of broth is always a good idea – I found it cured my headache (and cravings!) last time I had some on a fast day 🙂

Happy fasting and happy Tuesday everyone x

God morning all!

Belbop, I agree with Alexa that 12 pounds in 8 months should be very doable and that I’m sure you’ll make it!

Alexa; that is great that you’ve seen another shift, it’s funny how much the weight can shift from one day to another and still we get obsessed with the number it tells us! I’ve now “dropped” 2 kg since Monday according to my scale, and then I was out for dinner last night, haha. I’m only 0,2 kg over my Friday weight, so who knows, there might be a shift down this week again after all! Fasting today, and might do one more tomorrow and Friday again.

Buzzkill, how’s the fasting going for you this week?

Good luck to all of you! Is it anyone more fasting today?
    x

Good morning, everyone!

Good for you, Frida – it probably means another shift for you this week!

Stepped on the scales this morning again, and have only ‘gained’ 0.2 kg back from yesterday’s post-FD loss, so I guess this is my actual weight (not just water-related) which means I have actually dropped 1.5 kg since beginning 5:2 🙂 slow but (hopefully) steady. What is that – 1/4 of a stone? Only 3 3/4 to go (or something like that!)

It is just pouring down constantly these days, it seems, here in Copenhagen. Not very inspiring in regard to any type of exercise – or even just going outside. As I’m typing this, I am acutely aware of 5 geriatric runners in brightly coloured running jackets down in the street, running past my window. 😉 Maybe I should try and tap into their resolve.

Hope you’re all doing well. Bebop and Buzzkill, and whoever might be stalking this thread on the down low – how is it going for you? Who’s fasting today? I’m on it tomorrow.
    X

Hi all 🙂

Thanks for all your confidence that I can make it for the wedding – I wish I was as confident in myself as you guys seem to be! Semi-successful fast yesterday, about 530 cal – was freezing all day though which is apparently a thing as you are not producing any heat from digestion! Extra cardigan for me tomorrow!

Buzzkill the courgetti was hugely successful – had it for lunch with some tomato & marscapone pasta sauce – yummy and only 130 cals for the whole meal. Bye bye slim pasta for me (urgh!).

Am fasting again tomorrow alexa5 so with you all the way – dropping 1.5kg is brilliant – that is about 3Llbs not 1 so you are doing great – just under a pound a week!

Frida – so good that you have stayed below your 25BMI level – fingers crossed for another shift down – happy fasting today!

xxx

Hello everyone! You’re all doing so well! I done a fast day on Monday and went over the 500 calories quite a bit and I’m planning on fasting tomorrow. I think I need to invest in some decent scales as the ones I have show 10 1/2 stone one day then the next day 11 1/2 stone so I think I’ll have to just use the tape measure for now, I know it takes longer to see results from around the waist etc.

Hope you’re all having a nice day.

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind words! It’s going really great for me at the moment with my fasts and the weight seems to drop. I’m planing on enjoy it while it lasts, sooner or later I’ll hit a plateau for sure! I had some veggie soup for lunch, and I’m not that hungry now so think I’ll leave it at that.

Plan now is to do another fast tomorrow so I’ll join all of you then!

Alexa; that is a great loss! I think I had something like that, then it stagnated a bit (then a gain since I did not follow the regim while on vacation) Looking at my spreadsheet it seems like I’m having a bigger loss every 3rd-4th week, then in between I have small numbers.

Have a great evening to you all!
    xx

Hi Everyone

I just don’t know what’s going on. Fasting went fine on Monday and Tuesday but I seem to be yoyo-ing between a pound or two but not losing anything significantly. I’m pretty strict on my fast days recently and have stuck to doing 3 a week. Who knows! I am feeling better physically and have finally measured myself and so maybe that’s enough for now. Sigh.

Also please don’t judge me but I’m taking a week off next week because it’s my birthday and I’m going on holiday. Really hope it doesn’t set me back tonnes!

Alexa5 you crack me up watching those joggers. 🙂 Winter is definitely coming in London. Congrats on your loss – all losses are good! I’m with you though on wishes the pounds would drop off a little quicker! 🙂 p.s. definitely sounded like a tasty dinner – let us know if you have any more recipes!!

Frida I’m so happy for you – it sounds like everything is going great! I’m with you fasting tomorrow and might call on you to cheer me on! 🙂 I have a skinny cuppa soup in reserve in case I’m tempted to snack out.

Belbop yay for the wedding plans! You must be so excited. 🙂 So glad the courgetti worked for you. Haha I’ll get you hooked on that slim pasta one day. 😉

kmcall19 yay another fasting buddy for me tomorrow! 🙂 I’m starting to feel suspicious with my scales as well. They seem to do that thing where after you step back off them they don’t go back to zero but a few pounds infront or behind. Maybe we should invest in some new ones?

Hope all your weeks are going well and bring on the starvation tomorrow! 🙂

Buzzkill; I took 3 weeks off in August/September so I’m the last person to judge! I had gained some when getting back according to the scale but had lost in cm all over my body, and what I had put on was gone in 2 weeks, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about! And with the scale tilting between a two numbers, don’t you worry about that, it will move down at one point!

Happy fasting today to everyone!

xx

Hi all,

Here we go again then! I am slightly hungover today from a dinner last night so fasting might be very difficult!! I usually munch through the pain… but seriously best intentions.

Buzzkill I think a week off is a good idea – it’s important not to let eating habits dictate our lives and you will come back to it with renewed enthusiasm after some time off I reckon.

My scales are also terrible – if I get off them and move them to a different place on the floor I can put on or lose 5 pounds! literally in seconds! I think Frida is right though, if you start seeing low numbers you haven’t seen before, even between the scale yo yo madness, things must be working.

Maybe that should be our November treat/motivation – all invest in excellent scales 🙂

Good luck to all today – am going to try so hard not to break it but I already fancy something naughty! Coffee and bouillon broth for me this morning! xxx

Hi everyone!

How’s the fasting going? I’m doing good, had some soup for lunch but nothing else for now. One thing that I have discovered, I’m no longer freezing on FD, don’t know if it is my body getting used to it now. Tonight I have to try to get to bed early, have a meeting at 7am tomorrow, who does that on a Friday? Good thing is that I’ll try to get out of the office mid afternoon because of the early start!

I hope you all are hanging in there!

x

Fasting today and so far I’ve had 140 calories. Thought I was doing well until I was sitting in the waiting room at the doctors an hour ago and was so close to fainting I had to walk out and get some fresh air. My body really doesn’t like this fasting stuff but I’m sticking at it and hopefully I’ll get used to it.

How’s it going for everyone else today?

Evening All 🙂

Oh kmcall19 you do worry me. I come over like this every now and then and it’s really horrible. I have pear drop sweets in my drawer at work (Tesco brand – 15cals a sweet) and popping one of those usually does the trick. Sometimes you just need a bit of sugar to pull you through. How are you feeling now?

Frida and Belbop thanks for being so understanding about me taking next week off. I feel a little less guilty now! If I’m not back on here in ten days can someone come to my house and wrestle the friend chicken off me please? 😉

Fasting went ok today but definitely pushed it a bit over 500 by having a couple of crisps – doh!

Belbop we definetly deserve some decent scales but I suppose its true we should stop obsessing quite so much as well but on this diet it’s near impossible. Fasting with a hangover is the worst!! Are you hanging on in there?

Frida I hope your fast is still going well? I’m totally with you on an early night. I’m starving!

Good luck everyone still fasting and those on a mission tomorrow! 🙂

Morning all,

Bit disheartened today. I fasted on Tuesday and yesterday and did 512 calories, but my weight loss for the week is 0.1kg!! compared to 0.9kg last week so am feeling a bit pissed off. I know it is because I had a 6 day gap before Tuesday and then ate SO much on Wednesday as went out for lunch and supper with different groups to celebrate different things… but still! 0.1kg! So crap!

Never mind, am doing Monday and Thursday next week and am going to be extra good on the non fast days so I don’t undo all my good work again.

kmcall19, I agree with Buzzkill – you are a bit of a worry! Becoming that faint is definitely not good for your health – can you maybe even out your calorie intake throughout the day a bit? Or the pear drops are a great idea – yum!

I hope your horribly early meeting went well Frida and that you get out of work early.

Have a happy 10 days off Buzzkill and happy birthday! – look forward to hearing from you when you are back!

Happy weekends one and all

xxx

Hi everyone,
    I get your posts through my email, so I always reply in my head and thus forget to write actual replies. Nevertheless, I think you are all doing well! Belbop; it’s ok to feel disheartened but you are getting somewhere with this, and 0,1 kg may not seem like much but it is something at least 🙂 and it is natural to have your weight fluctuate a couple of pounds every day, so maybe do a spreadsheet like Frida? Then you can see the progress…:-)
    Buzz, no jugdment from me either! 🙂 enjoy your week off 😉 Mosley himself has said that we should not fast around Christmas and such, so I think that we should just make it fit into our lives, instead of feeling like it rules us.
    Kmcall, have you mentioned this to your doctor? Don’5 think it’s that healthy :-/ so sorry. It sounds very uncomfortable!
    Frida, hope you survived your ungodly meeting – and it sounds like it’s going really well for you!

Yesterday’s FD went well for me; I went for a 23,23 km bike ride on an empty FD stomach in the afternoon, and broke one of my personal records on the bike, so I was pleased. 🙂 had a few almonds when I came back and had some bulgur and veggies for dinner, followed by some fruit. I made it to 630 cals, but I just couldn’t fall asleep until I had eaten some grapes and a banana (desperate cravings). Maybe 23 km was pushing it a bit on a FD! 😝 Had lost another 0.8 kg this morning 🙂 it seems like this whole fasting thing is working! And exercise, too, hehe. Have lost 2,3 kg since 15 September!
    Anyone fasting this weekend? X

Hi everyone, yes I mentioned it to the doctor, I was there about my anxiety and the anxiety can make me go a bit funny if I’m in small enclosed spaces so I think it was that plus I hadn’t eaten much either and the waiting room was quite hot. I think I’ll keep the fasting days to days where I know I’ll be at home all day.

Alexa well done that’s great!

Belbop well done! I wouldn’t let it bother you too much, atleast you’re losing something rather than nothing right?

Buzzkill I was absolutely fine once I got home and had something to eat, I think I’ll need to get some of those pear drops or something similar to see if it makes a difference.

Oh, okay. I suffer from anxiety too, and I recognise that thing about small spaces… and big spaces… and lots of other things. Good thing you talked to your doctor about it! 💚

Hi,

I hope you feel better now kmcall! It’s never nice to feel vertigo, good advice there from Buzzkill about those pear drops. I hope you’ll have a fab b-day week Buzzkill and enjoy life, we need to do that once in a while also!

Belbop, don’t you worry about a 1 week smaller loss, it’s still 1 kg in 2 weeks that you’ve lost which is a good speed!

Alexa, sounds like this is really working for you as well at the moment! I’ve decided to embrace my current success as i know I’ll need the boost once I hit a plateau. No fasting this weekend but I’m planning on eating well.

Hi Everyone

Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!

Thanks to everyone being so supportive of my week off and the birthday wishes! 🙂

Belbop I feel your pain!! I’m a little scared because weighed myself on Saturday morning and had lost a few pounds but seem to have gained it all back over the weekend! It’s probably my lack of exercise and so I’ll try and stay active this week but still so disheartening and worried my week off will destroy all my hard work so far. Sorry for the rant!!

Alexa5 re-reading your post maybe I’m being a bit silly. You’re right the diet is designed to be flexible and if we let it define us then maybe we won’t end up sticking to it. You are a superhero with your biking!! It doesn’t matter at all that you went over the fast a little when you had such an active and healthy day 🙂 Exercise is really what makes this diet work to it’s full extent as well. You should be proud.

kmcall19 I’m so glad you’re ok. Anxiety can take us over sometimes but like Alexa5 said, it’s good you are speaking to your doctor about it and to us. I hope your next fast goes well and the boiled sweets help if you decide to get some. Let us know how you’re getting on please!

Frida I’m so happy things are going great and hope you’re feeling fabulous after this weekend of eating well. 🙂

Have a brilliant week everyone! Look forward to checking in when I get back. 🙂

Morning everyone,

Thanks for all your messages – feeling more positive today. I am on a fast day and I weighed myself this morning and have maintained over the weekend so it is still a 1.5kg loss in 3 weeks so I guess a slower week was ok. I am hoping for a much better result over the next 2 weeks as I have my initial dress fitting on 5th November and would like to have a dress that doesn’t need to be altered too much (even though I hope to be much slimmer by June!). Here’s hoping!

Well done Alexa5 and Frida – sounds like you are having lots of success and staying very positive. I must try to emulate you both!

Have a fabulous birthday Buzzkill and do not think about fasting – as Frida says – Enjoy life!

kmcall19, when are you next fasting? Try to take it really easy if you can – your health is more important than losing a few pounds.

Anyone fasting with me today? Or Wednesday this week? We can do it ladies!

xxx

Thanks buzz, I did feel like I was flying at one point (gotta love riding down those hills!) B-)
    And yes, exactly – and life IS meant to be enjoyed, birthdays included 🙂 when is your exact birthday?
    And I’m sure the weight will come off again quickly for you! Just stick to it.. patience and all that.. Have faith in yourself! 🙂

Belbop, 1,5 kg in 3 weeks is great! Well done for maintaining over the weekend. I understand about the fitting; hope the weight will go down a bit more for you 🙂 you could try 4:3 just for the sake of speeding it up over the next two weeks, if at all possible? 🙂

I’m fasting today, as well! Have only had a black coffee so far, and, due to my daily commute, have biked approx 16 km today 🙂
    I’m trying to extend my fasting window as much as possible; will try to make it a liquid fast day (coffee, coffee, coffee! Have also found instant coffee with a slight (no-calorie) hazelnut flavour), but I do have some veggies and shirataki spaghetti up my sleeve in case I get hangry or whatever.
    Have noticed that I’m now less hungry and that I get full sooner than I used to on my non-FDs, and before I started the fast diet, which is beyond lovely. Had noticeably less food (and fewer treats) over the weekend than normal, and also, I actually wanted to eat less food and fewer treats… food is just further from my mind now… maybe that’s an added benefit from the fast days 🙂 I certainly hope it’ll last.

How’s it going for you, Frida and kmcall?

Hi all,

A crazy busy day for me, but that meant that I had no chance to think about food, thus in the end a pretty easy FD for me, haha. Now I’m ready for bed and hoping that tomorrow will be a lot calmer…

I hope everyones day is going well, fasting or not (let us know how the liquid fast went for you Alexa).

I’ll check in again tomorrow when I have some energy (hopefully, haha)
    x

Hi, hope you all had a lovely weekend and hope the fasting goes well this week! I’m not sure how I’ll do with the fasting as I go away tomorrow for a few days with my family for a little break but I will try my best.

I stepped on the scales tonight pretty much for the first time since I started the fast diet and apparently I’ve lost 6 pounds.. I don’t believe it though lol, I don’t trust those scales and I can’t really see any change when I look in the mirror apart from my legs look a little bit slimmer but maybe I’m just imagining it haha.

kmcall19 that’s great! Well done you!

Good fast day for me yesterday – same as you Frida – was super busy at work so didn’t really think about food. Going again tomorrow and being extra healthy today and Thursday so hoping for good results this week.

How was the liquid fast alexa5?

Happy Tuesday all x

Morning Girls,

So I don’t seem to learn… my boss was away yesterday so went out for a very naughty boozy lunch with some colleagues and probably ruined all my good work from Monday! Fast Day today and already hungry… gonna have a coffee and throw myself into work.

Anyone with me?

xxx

Hi!

Sorry have been really bad at checking in this week. It’s been crazy with a lot going on at work that has taken most of my energy. But still losing weight at a speed I did not think was possible for me, I’m down 3,5 kg in October only, but for sure I’ll hit a plateau sometime soon, haha.

fasting today and so far it feels great!

How did it go for you in the end yesterday Belbop?

x

Hi Everyone!

I hope you’ve had a lovely week! How is everyone’s fast going? I tried to get back in the saddle today and ended up going a few hundred over. I hope I haven’t lost my mojo! Shall try again tomorrow. Anyone else fasting then?

Good luck with your dress fitting Belbop! 1.5kg in three weeks is wonderful! Maintaining weight is a good thing. Don’t worry about a boozy lunch – the diet is supposed to be flexible and let you have treats every now and then. How’s it going this week?

Thanks for the lovely encouragement Alexa5! 🙂 My birthday was on Tuesday and was lovely but a week of indulgence of course. I don’t seem to have put on more than a pound though and so hopefully staying active balanced it out. Now I just need to make it a habit like you!

It’s great to hear that you are feeling less hungry and tempted by treats. That really gives me hope because I’m yet to feel that way if I’m honest but the books say I will! How did the liquid fast go?

Frida you are so impressive! 🙂 It’s so great to hear things are going so well and I’m sure keeping busy is a real help! What is your secret?! If you keep going as you are I’m sure you won’t hit a plateau any time soon! You should be really proud. 🙂

kmcall19 yay!! 6 pounds is fantastic, well done! I admire your restraint with the scales I seem to be hopping onto them day and night which I know is silly. Have a lovely few days away with the fam! Let us know how you’re doing!

Have a great rest of week please and happy halloween!! xxx

Hi Everyone,

How are you all? I’m BORED of this diet! I’m just finding it so exhausting to have to plan for it each week – but I’m just being a grump. Down another half KG so 2kg total since I started at the beginning of October. I am starting to be a bit naughty though and my last 2 fast days have been 600 cals. Need to be more strict with myself in the run up to Christmas.

BMI down to 23.2 which is good – I want to be in the low 21s to feel slim – I was there once upon a time, but I broke my wrist last year and my ankle earlier this year so I have been so stationary for several months now! All on the mend so may attempt some exercise to kick start things again – well done Alexa5 with all your cycling – very impressive!

It’s got really cold suddenly so I am finding my fast today really hard as all I want to do is drink gallons of soup. I am finding the Fast Diet Tracker graph (top right of this screen) really useful and it’s helping a lot – do you guys use it? Onwards and upwards!

xxx

Hi everyone!

I’m very bad at checking in at this moment, it’s been a lot at work, and also the past time have been filt with social activities, but I’m not complaining, a few months ago I worked so much that I did not have the time to have a life on the side!!

This week I’m taking a semi break from the diet, I’ll do one fast tomorrow I think, but that will be the only one, though I have not gone crazy any day, always been within my limits so far!

I’ll check in tomorrow and write some more! I hope you all are doing good!

x

Hello everyone!

Belbop I feel the same, I feel like I’m losing motivation, I haven’t done a fast day in over a week so I really need to get back into it.

I think I’ll do 1 fast this week and then next week I’ll be back to doing it twice a week.

How is everyone else getting on?

Hello!

seems like all of us have had a difficult week when it comes to fasting! In the end I’ve not done any fasts this week, but instead I’ve been overall restricted with my calories and have drop 0,1 kg comparing to last Friday, so at least there was a loss 🙂

Next week I’m planning a few fasts and I hope for a drop then, maybe we should go together a pledge for a fast day together!

Have a great weekend all of you!
    x

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to check in.
    I have had a rough few weeks and have decided to stop fasting. It’s just not for me – it’s inspired some really bad habits in me that ultimately comes down to an undiagnosed eating disorder.. So I don’t feel comfortable continuing this… that being said, I hope you’re all well and happy. I might check in from time to time and see how you’re all doing, but will probably just lay low.
    Happy Friday and happy weekend all!
    X

Hi Alexa,

That’s strong of you to take that decision! We all have to do what feels good and what works for us, and this is for sure not for everyone as everything else. I wish you all the best, and please check in whenever you want!

Next week is a new week and I’m planning a fast on Monday and Wednesday to start with, I’ll let you know how it goes!
    x

Morning All

Happy Monday!

Alexa5 I agree with Frida, that’s a really brave decision. It certainly isn’t for everyone and it’s important you are doing what you feel comfortable with. Wishing you all the very best. Please do check in with us again if you feel like it. We will miss you!!!

Frida I love the idea of a fast pledge that we do together! I’m fasting tomorrow and wednesday too so could do it then? How’s the fast going today? Congrats on the weight loss last week! 🙂

Belbop how’s your fast going since your last post. I think it’s inevitable that we hit a bit of a wall after doing this for a while. I have only used the tracker once but mostly because I haven’t had that dramatic a loss since I started recording it and so it would be one sad little graph. lol. I will add to it this weekend though and see what comes up! How’s yours looking?

How’s it going kmcall19? Definitely feeling a dip in motivation as well but I’m determined to give it a good try for the next few weeks as it does seem to work! How are you feeling?

Morning all,

Alexa5 – I agree with the others – brave decision and I wish you all the best. Thanks for all your support up til now, and good luck sorting out the eating issues that are bothering you – I hope you find the support you need and the route that works for you.

Frida and Buzzkill I am also fasting today and Wednesday this week so we are all in it together. YES to the pledging – Monday and Wednesday it is this week!

I had my first dress fitting at the weekend and LOVED it so am back on fully committed to this. My BMI is currently 23 and I would like it to be 21 for the wedding which means loosing another 5-6kg which feels like a LOT, but ultimately it is about how I look and feel, not what I weigh, so I am going with ‘as much as I can’ for now!

Buzzkill – my graph looks very wiggly! lots of ups and downs, but the overall trend is downwards as I have lost 2.5kg since I started – it is helping me keep track of progress and the downward trend really helps to affirm progress when I am feeling unmotivated.

Good luck to all of us today – are you with us today or Wednesday kmcall19? I am going to try and be as good as possible and not let myself go over 500 (was so lax last week!), but it is SO cold that I already fancy a biscuit! Regular check-ins to keep us all going!

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi all!

Can I jump in too? I’m 28, 5ft 8″ and 167lbs from central London.

I started 5:2 again 2 weeks ago, fasted 2 days in the 1st week and none in the 2nd as I started upping my exercise.

I’ve moved my wedding up to January so I’m hoping to lose some weight and feel a bit more toned by then. I’m not expecting miracles but any progress would help at this point!

The scales so far have shown I’m up 2lbs or so! A bit disheartening but I know I haven’t been eating loads so I’m hoping it’s a bit of exercise bloat or muscle gain :/

I’m fasting today and am going to take it easier on the exercise this week if only so I can use my arms again!

Belbop – glad to hear you liked your fitting. I’m trying to put mine off and have had quite the mission finding a place with fairly consistently good reviews. Like you I’m trying to think of it more as how I feel rather than weight – after all, no one knows precisely what you weigh.

Good luck to everyone else fasting today!

Welcome miffy88! Congratulations on your wedding – great thing to aim for – I am finding the thought of 150 people looking at me serves as good motivation! When did you do the 5:2 before? Did you find it worked well for you then?

Haven’t had any calories yet today but I am about to eat my own arm so I am going out to get some courgetti in a moment. How is everyone else getting on? Stay strong ladies!

xxx

Hi all,

Welcome to the group miffy88!

Had some soup today for lunch and planing on leaving it by that which should be possible, not hungry at all for the moment!

How are things for the rest of you?
    x

Hello!

Alexa5 I agree with everyone else, the fast diet just isn’t for everyone.

I was planning on fasting today but I hadn’t prepared at all. I feel like I need chicken or eggs to get me through my fast days as they’re the only things that keep me feeling full so I’ve got a food order coming tomorrow and I’ll be fasting with you all on Wednesday. Also stocking up on boiled sweets and fast acting glucose sweets as one of you mentioned the boiled sweets for when I feel a bit light headed.
    Just making sure I’m prepared lol.

Welcome miffy88!

Morning All

How’s everyone today?

Eurgh so I’m a failure this week and may not be able to fast at all. I have some important commitments today and tomorrow that I can’t break and will make fasting impossible. I hope that doesn’t sound too pathetic. I want to try and fast on Thursday but have a team activity at work (God help me) and don’t want to embarrass myself by feeling faint or having a really loud rumbling stomach. 🙁 I couldn’t yesterday either and so could end up not fasting at all this week and going so far backwards. Ok, rant over!

Welcome miffy88! I’m also late twenties and living in central London. I wish I was 5’8 too though! 🙂 Congrats on the wedding that’s wonderful! I hope you’ll like our little group, everyone is so lovely and supportive. 2 pounds sounds like a pretty good start to me! It seems to affect everyone differently and so don’t be surprised if the weight loss is a bit sporadic. 🙂

Frida how did your fast go in the end? kmcall19 best of luck for your fast too! I hope the sweets are of some help, let us know how you get on. I hadn’t heard of fast acting glucose sweets – they sound great!

Morning All,

It is SO cold today in London!! Semi-successful fast yesterday – ended up having about 600 cals (was just too cold and had to eat!!) Going again tomorrow.

Buzzkill I’m sure a week without fasting will be ok – might mentally do you some good and I’m sure you won’t go backwards – shall we all try to do a day together next week? Monday or Wednesday work for anyone? I hope your team activity day is bearable – I hate those too!

I have discovered Sula sweets (9 cals each) – probably don’t help with light-headedness as they are sugar free, but they keep me happy when I am hungry mid morning or afternoon – you can get all sorts – mint humbugs, strawberries & cream and rhubarb & custard are my recommendations! You can get them from Holland and Barrett if anyone wants to give them a try.

Happy Tuesday and good luck to anyone fasting today!

xxx

Morning everyone,

Yesterday’s fast went ok, but I definitely went over the 500kcal by the time I had dinner so that’s something I need to work on.

Today I’m trying to kick my sugar/chocolate habit.

Next fast day will hopefully be Wednesday!

Belbop – Wow, 150 people is big and I can see why it’s a good incentive! Mine’s just going to be me and my fiance on holiday but I’m worried about looking/feeling good in the photos.I’m certainly up for Mon/Wed next week as they’re my preferred fasting days anyway 🙂

Hi everyone!

Buzzkill, if you feel like you can’t fast this week then don’t worry about it, I’m sure 1 week without doing it will be fine.

Belbop I’m also up for fasting Monday/Wednesday next week.

Who’s fasting with me tomorrow?

Hi Guys!

Thank you! You’re too nice. I was planning on doing Monday and Wednesday next week and so happy with either. If we could all do it together that would be fabulous! 🙂

Miffy88 don’t worry about going over 500 a little. I’m sure it’s still going to make a real difference! Early evening is always when I end up going over a little as well. Might have to get me some sula sweets Belbop – cravings are the worst!

Good luck all who are fasting tomorrow! xx

Hi all,

Yes I love the fact that we keep together now when most of us have a difficult time motivating ourselves! I’m in next Monday and Wednesday with you guys!!

I’m also in for fasting tomorrow!!

Good luck to all of us!!
    xx

Hello! Yes me too – I’m in for tomorrow and next Monday & Wednesday – excellent work team! Happy evenings one and all xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 320 total)

You must be logged in to reply.