Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

This topic contains 406 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 407 total)

• Hi Everyone

Thank you Chipmunk for taking over the the Chief Cheerleader for October.

Today, is my official weighing and measuring day. Stayed the same but lost inches of my waist and hips, so I’m pleased.

Will do my final weigh in for September on Wednesday.

As the nights draw in, I’m grateful for this forum as I usually find it difficult in the autumn/winter months not to succumb to carbs and comfort food.

I don’t have much more to lose so hopefully I will be at my ideal weight for the festive season.

Evening all, i am fairly new to the forum and would like to join the little voices challenge. But i will like to start from October if thats ok. At present i restarted 5:2 on 1st of September at 84.4kg and as of 15th was 81.1kg. I have decided to weigh myself just twice in a month, the 15th and the last day of the month. Just my idea instead of the weekly or daily weigh-ins as i start to falter/wobble and givein if the scales are not moving or when they start to move the wrong way. At least there should be some movement in 2weeks -anyway that what i tell myself. 🙂 I will be aiming for between 6 – 8lbs fingers crossed. Pls let me know all details that are required and when. Thanks and welldone to all those completing the september challenge.

Definitely lost the plot whilst away on holiday. Too much of everything and have thrown caution to the wind! I know, Action, I hear your little voice in my ear when I eat the ‘wrong stuff’ but it seemed like a good idea at the time! Dread to think what the scales will say when I get back, but the good thing is, I know what to do to get back on track. So sorry, Action, feel like I’ve let you down Mr Pussy Cat, but if Chipmunk is willing to take me on in October, I promise to do better. Great work to all you losers who have done the business this month. TTL

Hi all. Good luck for the final few days. I have set up the October challenge under Little Voices – Rocktober challenge -Shake it off

Meet you there in Rocktober!

Hi TTL, holidays can always be brutal for their temptations and we are all human. Your journey to skinny has been a long and frustrating one (just reread your Profile note). 2009 to 2015, up and down like a wee yoyo with the same 2 & half stone of weight. You don’t want to go back there again do you?

What helps me when the desires pop up I think about the times AFTER I over indulge and the feelings of guilt and frustrations that over take me and I usually beat myself up mentally and feel really pissed off that I allowed myself those indulgences. If you can make these feelings very very vivid in your mind and when you recall them feel the PAIN of the last time you over indulged, remember about making the PAIN more intense than the PLEASURE of the actual eating, I make this the last memory I have before actuallly making the final decision to eat or binge on the temptations.

I know that sounds very easy and it’s always only a matter of split seconds beteen saying yes or no to food we all know is bad for us however practising this little exercise may help next time…. Don’t feel too bad and just reset the goals and refocus on the rewards you promise yourself. Cheers

Mike

AH good advice there, as always.

Foomsy you’ll be welcome in Rocktober. Just join the forum after 1 October.

And TTL you’re welcome too and I’ll be tough on you!!

Thanks Action and chipmunk. I really need a good talking to! Get back home Thursday and am actually looking forward to getting back to eating ‘properly’, also exercising, although we are walking a lot, somehow it’s not the same. Off to the lovely Yeo Valley farm and garden restraunt where they make my yogurt. All organic and healthy. Surely I can get something to eat healthily here! Fantastic weather in Somerset, and enjoying the break from clouds and rain. Great work to those of you who have reduced in September, and welcome to Rocktobers newcomers. Here we go again, the last 1/2 stone, with determination! TTL

Hello! Sorry I’ve been quiet for a while, slightly devastated at the rugby result on Saturday night 🙁 going to the England v Australia game next Saturday so that’s going to be one worryingly exciting game…. Thanks AH for all your positivity this month, this forum is really great and I look forward to continuing with Rocktober. You ‘kindly’ put my target up after my good start this month, but I am sorry to say that I very much doubt if I will exceed my original target. I knew I was in for a busy few weeks of heavy entertaining towards the end of the month which I was so super focussed at the beginning. What I am pleased to say, however, is that this forum was always lurking in the back of my mind as I made big (and good) decisions over eating rubbish calorie laden food – packing healthy picnics to take to the games, planning ahead, made a lot of difference, and it really stopped me from losing the plot entirely. However I have definitely eaten and drunk more over the last couple of weeks and hardly dare step on the scales. I did still do my 2 FDs each week and am back to back fasting today and tomorrow, so will let you know the result on Thursday. To tell you the truth as long as I haven’t gained from my end of August weight, I would consider that a great achievement as it would mean that I have at last grasped the reins (albeit a little loosely) and am more in control of what I do and don’t eat. And hopefully I will have still met my target – got a rotten cold that I’ve been fighting for the last week, which is making me crave comfort foods and stopped me from following my gym programme (I go to a spinning class 3-4 times a week which I love but there is no way you can do it when you are under the weather so not going back til next week). Well good luck everyone in our last couple of days of this sunny uk September, fingers crossed the scales are kind to us all on Thursday morning…..onwards and downwards?????

TTL I had a lovely meal at Yeo Valley when I visited last year – my only regret was I didn’t have time to visit their garden but the view from the restaurant was wonderful over the valley. The weather will be the icing on the cake – but you don’t want to eat that! Enjoy.
    Thanks AH those words of encouragement and advice resound with lots of us I am sure.

Hello,
    I have not joined a monthly challenge yet as I have been unaware of them, but I do want to join for October. I need all the support I can get!.
    How do I go about it?
    What are the rules?

Hi PJBR, welcome aboard for October, great to have new faces and names. The Rules are, well there are really no rules, other than a fair commitment to be serious about this new WOL that 5:2 lets us all share.

We record weekly progress after setting a public goal for weight reduction for the month. Some of us don’t call it “weight loss” because we think our minds tell us it is hard for us to intentionally “lose” something, over to individuals though.

So jump into the October Forum, set your goal and make it public to us then we’ll all attempt to keep you accountable for achieving that goal.

There are prizes at the end of the month for those who excell 🙂

Hi Chipmunk, I am reading about the October “whip” and I am keen to get involved, can you tell me how I go about it, Need the motivation of others I think!

Hi pentowen and others asking about the Rocktober challenge. The forum is open and active proper from 1 October.

Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

As AH says, there are no rules other than setting a public goal and taking charge of you own behaviour.

As well as a kg/lb loss for the month, I’m setting a daily exercise goal for myself and inviting others along. Don’t be scared!! This is a great forum with very supportive members.

please do excuse my ignorance but how do I get to the October Forum?

Just use the search function at the top of this page, search using the title I gave above. Sorry, I am on my phone and it’s hard to paste the link.

Here’s a link for October anyone else looking for it, once there just save it as one of your favorites and it’ll be an easy find from then on:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-rocktober-challenge-shake-it-off/#post-112514

Today is last day of month for September (well it is here in Godz Own Country) right now, the other half of the world is always behind New Zealand !!!! Don’t forget the final weigh in results for the month over the next couple of days, I know one or two have said they’ll post Thursday so that’s fine, some good results already in.

Mike had a break through this morning on the scales, my last efforts past 48 hours have seen me down into the 83’s (kilograms that is) managed to slip out of the 84’s for September, missed my goal by 1lb shed 6lbs while I was aiming for 7 however it’s an 87% achievement so not all bad. I’ll probably need a severe talking to next month to keep me on track 🙂

Keep up the grerat work everyone, onwards and downwards….

Mike

I’m going to go ahead and post my results…. I’m down three pounds so half a pound short of goal but still good for me! In fact I would be thrilled to do this much every month. I’m now 171.5 so I will shoot to get in the 160s during October….. Sadly that is very exciting!

Well done CarolinaC, 3lbs off is better than 1lb on so pat yourself on the back and now focus on October.

What would be a great personal reward for you to achieve 4lbs next month, it’s the little challenges we set ourselves that stretch us to achieve great outcomes and the feeling when we do it makes life so much better.

Well done again, keep it up and we look forward to hearing your results in Rocktober.

Final weigh in for September with a loss of .600g which is total loss of 1 kg not quite my goal for the month but still in the right direction. See you all rocking this October!

Morning All!
    Finishing September on a great note – the sun is shining here in Sydney and I’ve successfully completed my first month of 5:2 and am reaping the benefits!
    MBR can have 9lb of mine as well as my 6 cm from my bust, 7 cm from my waist and 7cm from my hips! I’m really feeling great and eager to get on with October. Thanks to you all for your support and encouragement – I read these posts during a hunger pang to distract and motivate myself!!
    I hope to see you all in the Rocktober challenge!
    Em xxx

Well done to all you losers out there, but Holy guacamole BOGLETT you are a legend!! (Here in NZ that term is usually reserved for referring to Richie McCaw). Those results are really excellent and EVERYONE on this forum should be inspired to seek similar results. Especially if all you did was stick to the programme – it shows what can be done. You must be dancing in the street!

AH thanks for posting that link for Rocktober.

BOGLETT, you have had a great month, even if you did slacken off in the last week 🙂 🙂 There is probably only one person who might get close to your total so it could be close

CODA: 1kg is still a good result for the month, it’s not a race, it’s a work in progress, as long as there aren’t too many irish spuds in the weekly diet any more you are doing well. I would be hopeless in Ireland, I love spuds, mashed with lashings of butter and a splash of cream, Mmmmm yummy….. It’s actually been over two months since I have had any spuds however still miss them as a comfort food with rich brown onion gravy

Sorry folks…. just reminiscing, I’m over it now 🙂

No wonder you are over it! If I’d managed 6 lb this month I’d be over all comfort food ( as I sit here will a well deserved and legitimate g and t.

And stop teasing Coda!

No wonder you are over it! If I’d managed 6 lb this month I’d be over all comfort food ( as I sit here will a well deserved and legitimate g and t.

And stop teasing Coda! Personally I think crispy chunky fries are yummier than mash.

Can I sneak back in? I will start with my final weigh in down 1 lb this week. A fair bit off from what I thought would be an achievable goal. I set myself goal of 6 lbs however this month I achieved half that… I was feeling disheartened by that until I looked back at my diary from the start of the month and had noted that I had done my happy dance on the scales when it was 3 lbs heavier than what I am today, so if it was ok back then, it’s not too bad after all.

I will say the efforts I have put in over the past two weeks are showing on the scales. I found that when I would have done my Zumba in the mornings, now I’m watching a recorded rugby match instead… I also found that on a fast day I could be so good until dinner then after dinner I seem to let my guard down and spoil my efforts of the day!!

I need to fine tune my efforts and really focus and remind myself of the many benefits ahead.

I love the name Rockotber, bring it on.

That’s OK Chipmunk, Coda is a big girl (sorry not literally Coda, maturity wise I mean 🙂 ) she can take it, because when we beat the pants off the men in green in the next 2 or 3 weeks Coda will be telling you and me how much she adores our men in black and what worthy Champions Richie and the boys are… eh Coda ???

NIRVANA: Oh dear, make sure you and CODA have each others email addresses so you can comfort eack other…..
    Also, don’t sweat the small stuff, 3lbs lighter is much better than heavier. As I said earlier, this is not a race, it’s a life style change, one month on life’s journey is only a very small snap shot, be pleased with yourself and celebrate the achievements, how many of your friends can tell you they are 3lbs lighter than this time last month, not many I’m sure, so celebrate and then become more resolute for next month and set that goal and be determined that when you achieve it you’ll celebrate and get that reward you promised yourself.

Regarding Fast Days Nirvana, personally I find that if I have my main meal (500 – 600 calories) as late in the day as possible in one meal I can survive the evening a lot better than if I have a snack of say 200cals then another later in the afternoon or evening. One larger meal (is 500 calories really a larger meal ???) seems to satisfy my cravings better than spreading the intake over 2 snacks, just my thoughts on the matter. The secret for me is to try and last as late as possible into the afternoon for that one meal then the night cravings aren’t as hard to handle. Does that make sense to others? Anyone else work this same plan?

Take care everyone and be proud of your achievements, we are all amazing people on our journey back to Skinny.

Hi AH I will post my final amount tomorrow as it we have one more day of September here!

With regards to the “Boys in Green” don’t forget they have took you to the wire a couple of years ago so there could be an upset! We all know that the AB’s are chokers unless they are on their own turf of course – mind you having said that my boys choke too 🙂 🙂

Oops should have said “taken you to the wire” !! 🙂

FITZY, you have been fasting again today, haven’t you !!! FD’s have been known to make the mind a wee bit unsettled 🙂

The records show: Played 28, NZ won 27 and 1 drawn (Lansdowne Road, Dublin, January 1973) Does that suggest “choking” ????

I must admit though if the AB’s were to lose to anyone it would be far less painful for it to be Ireland than the Poms or the French, but I’m just having a little moment of nostalgia here of course, Richie and the boys will be supreme…. and we don’t even know how to spell that “C” word in NZ any more…

Darn you caught me out again!! But having said that we only lost by 2 points in 2013 so I am sure the boys will draw on that experience when they play the mighty ABs!! 🙂

Thank you AH, yeah you’re right, how many of my friends are lighter? ?

Hi Mike, Here are my September results:

Sept 1 weight: 9st 2
    Sept 30 weight: 8st 13
    Monthly Goal: 2 pounds
    Monthly loss: 3 pounds
    BMI: 22.7

I think I deserve a chocolate fish this month as not only have I exceeded my monthly goal but I have reached (and gone beyond) my overall target of 9 stone which I set when I started this WOL way back in January!

I am at the moment unsure if I should strive for another half stone or go on maintenance – I have a healthy BMI but my waist to height ratio is 0.51, so perhaps another half stone might be enough to shift that figure to below 0.5.

Thanks for leading all us Little Voices this month – enjoyed your wit and words of wisdom! I award YOU a chocolate fish for all your time-consuming efforts of spreadsheet keeping and daily posting – and your weight loss was not bad either!

Take care Little Voices and if I decide not to join the October challenge I will still be lurking and checking on your progress – I have such an affinity with Little Voices as it was I who set it up and led in May and June, so just can’t let go!

Up

Hi

No offence taken AH lol and thanks Chipmunk for standing up for me – Mash with red onion gravy yum or chunky fries yum either or or both! Hope this does not start the crumpet gate saga only with mash or chips as the culprit!

Its anyone’s game and nothing is a forgone conclusion (Japan comes to mind) – I think Ireland will take great comfort from that game in 2013 – they came soooo close. Sorry this probably should be on another topic but we don’t seem to be able to resist. Let us get over the next hurdle and we will see!

Thanks AH for all your advice when needed and the talking too when that was needed as well.

Well done Up and very impressed that you may carry on. Please do join us in Rocktober even if only to maintain as it is good to have another’it can be done’person to give those still travelling heart and hope.

See you all in our Rocktober

Liz

Hi all

No loss for me last week despite doing 4:3. It was probably to be expected after 4 lbs the week before. I’m pleased I reached my 6 lb target and am finishing the month at 160 lb.

Final weigh in for September and I made my -5lb loss! 148lbs down to 143lbs. This is my goal weight so deciding at the moment if I want to maintain or lose a little bit more.

Congrats to everyone’s successes this month, I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s stories!

Hello all,

Here are my September results:

Sept 1 weight: 148lbs
    Sept 30 weight: 145.2 lbs
    Goal: 4 to 6 pounds
    Loss: 2.8 pounds

Sadly I did not meet my goal weight – In August when I started the 5:2, I was losing 1.5 to 2 pounds per week: the weight did tend to fluctuate and I hovered between 149 and 147 during the first two-weeks of the month.

It is apparent that my rate of weight loss has slowed down considerably, however my clothes are fitting much better (I have lost 1.5 inches overall this month) and others have commented that I look leaner.

So though I am sad that I did not reach my goal weight, I am happy that I have followed the 5:2 pretty consistently (apart from 1-week of 6:1 because of travel), worked out regularly, and recorded weight loss of 2.8 pounds. Though I might have reached a plateau, hopefully I will bust through it in October!

Congrats to all for your impressive losses!

My goodness!!!!!!! You all have done SO well this month!!!!!! Congratulations on a month well spent!!!

Here’s my Sept. results:

Sept. 1 – 135.0 lbs.
    Sept. 30 – 130.0 lbs.

I made my goal of 5 lbs., yeah! I started 5:2 for the second time on Sept. 1 and will continue on until I reach my goal weight of 125.0 lbs.

I’ll see everyone over on the Oct. thread. Well done everyone!!
    -Em

Hey Everyone, lots of great motivating reductions!

I didn’t get past the 3lb reduction I reported last wk. Good thing is I know where things didn’t work out for me so will be aiming to be more mindful in Rocktober! Love that by the way chipmunk!

Thanks for all the great words shared here throughout sept. Mike, you have been inspirational, thAnk you.

Looking forward to a health quest throughout October.

Best wishes to all 🙂

Hello Everyone

September Results:

Sept 1 weight: 138.5lbs
    Sept 30 weight: 132lbs
    Goal: 3lbs min
    Reduction: 6.5lbs
    BMI 22.6

Inch loss: waist 11/2 inches: Hips 11/2 inches

A huge thank you to Mike for your inspiring and encouraging comments. You are a STAR!

Thank you and massive congratulations to all on your weight reductions.

I must admit today I gave into temptation and indulged slightly. It’s been creeping up on me for a couple of days.

Looking forward to Rocktober! See you there everyone 🙂

Hi AH and everyone

well, didn’t make it!!! 5 Lbs, not seven – taking off my jewellery got me a couple of ounces extra but the scales just won’t move – despite changing from 5:2 to close to 2:5 AND no alcohol. Oh well, the fat has been there for a few years, looks like I’ll need a crowbar to shift it – and I ddin’t make the 3 stone loss, just that two bloody pounds short!

On the other hand – 40 pounds lighter than on the 28th of January 2015!

I think thats the whole shelf of lurpack butter in Sainsburys!

It does work!

Morning everyone, it’s 1st October here in wonderful New Zealand, thanks for all the progress reports to date, I have 15 results in so far and the monthly total is already over 110lbs and climbing.

Well done to everyone who has managed a weight reduction, even though you may not have reached your nominated goal (I missed mine by 1lb) you are still lighter than when you started on 1 September, and as I told Nirvana earlier you have all probably reduced more weight than many of your close friends or even family members so you can be proud and tell yourself that you are amazing.

UPA: You can have a chocy fish, you have been an inspiration to many of us in past months and your results are great, a BMI of <23 is wonderful, I’m still at 26+ so still some way to go. We would love to have you pop in during October.

PICKY P: You are a star for achieving your goal, well done

VEGIEKATE: Kiwis rock and you are also a star for achieving monthly goal, this was after a revised goal after week one so well done

TDOT: We have all experienced the natural slow down after a big start for the first couple of months, it’s our bodies adjusting to its new way of life so don’t worry, you have done very well and keep up the good work and focus.

EMILYA: Another great goal kicker, well done, that last 5lbs is well in sight for you, easy goal for October 🙂

BLUEZOO: 3lbs is still 3lbs. I always relate weight loss to x number of pounds (or kgs) of butter stacked up so you can visualise what 3 pounds looks like. 6 half pound blocks of butter is quite significant, puts it into perspective when visualised like that.

GOLDEN SUN: You are the STAR, over double your monthly goal and better still inches off the vital areas, you’ll be feeling soooo good within yourself so certainly a little celebration is in order, well done.

Thanks everyone for all your kind words to date, I’ve enjoyed the month and it’s kept me focussed also on my results just so I don’t let you all down as well, I’m a great believer in “walk the talk”

Keep up the reports coming in and I’ll do a final update on the total weight reduction next couple of days.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike, I just made my goal for the month so 5 lbs for Miss Belly Rolls . Thanks for your great motivation. You have certainly helped me to walk the talk. You will be missed. Good luck with your continued success in beating our demons. Have a great 1st October everyone. Ray

Well done everyone.

Start weight 142.75lb

A bit up and down inbetween!

End Sept 139.5lb.

Lost 3.25lb

Not the 4lb goal but pleased to lose as usually yo-yo.

Oh dear Action, after reading all those reductions above, I feel as if I have let the side down. In the last week away visiting friends I have managed to gain everythingI had lost in September and am back up to 9 St 10lbs. It’s very difficult when you are staying with friends and they are producing great food for you,, plus lots of wine, plus eating out isn’t easy! I know, you will be saying, excuses, excuses, but some days I managed to stay within my TDEE. I did try my best. Anyway, I now have to get back on track and get rid of it all again. I have lost another 1″ from my waist, so that is a bonus. How very easy it is to gain, and oh so hard to lose – answer, don’t gain in the first place!

Thank you so much Action for all your support and words of wisdom during September, you did a great job. You have even converted me to watching rugby! See you in Rocktober. TTL

Hi Mike

Thanks so much for being our leader for September you have been great!

Anyway I pledged a 8lb reduction and that is exactly what I did – woo hoo!!! I am really please as I should have done 10 fasts for the month (5 weeks x 2) but I in fact only managed to do 8 fasts as I was away twice during the month.

Boglett I think you get the chocolate fish for the month so well done 🙂

See you all on the Rocktober thread and on Calling All Rugby Fans!!!

Have a fab sunny weekend one and all x

Thank you to everyone who’s added to the chat.. It really helps to know we are not alone in this.
    I’ve had an up and down month..
    Weight gone down by 4 pounds – a lot less than my initial target. By still pleased as it’s a loss.
    I seem to be following my fast days and then the following day eating for England.. Even though I don’t actually live in England anymore.
    I seem to start off ok and then (my problem) binge.
    The scales are literally up and down and it’s like playing Russian roulette when I step on them.
    Joining the October challenge and committing to another 4 pounds off.. With an aim of a tighter control of calories on 4 days 2 fast days.

Hi Action Hero – firstly a big thank you for organising us all so well this month. I wrote last week that I feared I may have let the group down but as I tentatively stood on the scales this morning I was delighted to record a further reduction. I began September at 11st 13 and finished at 11st 6 so that’s half a stone, 2lbs more than I pledged. Don’t know how I’ve done it as I have over-indulged many times over the last few weekends and I had my mother stay with me for 2 weeks (and I’m pretty sure she is one of the reasons I am the size I am!) I guess I did stick to my minimum of 2 fast days a week and threw a couple of extras in for good measure after a particularly boozy/foody rugby weekend. I have all but stopped eating any processed foods now, and very few carbs (I did however, succumb to a Pizza Express pig out before going to see the All Blacks win against Argentina at Wembley). I am now exercising regularly – lots of long walks with my daughter’s dog when I can steal him, and go spinning 2 or 3 times a week at our local gym, perhaps that is helping keeping shifting the weight? Clothes are getting baggier which feels amazing. I began this WOE towards the end of July weighing in at 12 stone 11 and half pounds, and am now 11 stone 6. I absolutely LOVE reading the amazing posts from those of you who are near or at goal, it makes me believe that I am going to be posting the same this time next year…. (she imagines dreamily)….”happy to say I have reached my goal, so will be shifting on the maintenance diet – good luck to all you newbies….” that must feel awesome!

Looking forward to Rocktober – should be a slightly easier month for me and I am wondering whether I should push myself to aim for 6 and half pounds which would take me under 11 stone!… That would be a first for a long time…and I’ve got a couple of big parties to go to towards the end of November, how good would that feel if I was well and truly under 11 stone – think a visit to the shops would have to be in order.

So once again – many thanks Mike, sadly no chocolate fish for me, but I think there are others who deserve it more. Now to settle down to watch Wales v Fiji…. then up to London to watch (nervously) England v Australia on Saturday and Ireland v Italy on Sunday…

Hi Action hero

I weighed today just to check for tge end of the month total loss and I came out a 6lbs for the month, so a very good one for me, I would have been happy at 4.

Well done to everybody else. Nice to see you here PJBR.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.