Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

This topic contains 406 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 407 total)

• Chipmunk.. with mind flipping advice like that you’re setting yourself up nicely for Leadership of October!!
    Totally right tho… just a different way of looking at things.

Have been quite tense before holiday… not enjoying the run up, worried and fretting over small things..

Last day today and am off to buy a new bikini in the torrential rain, determined to be more cheerful.

Good luck to you all

Mx

Hi all

hope you find a nice bikini – I dream of the day I get up the sheer nerve to buy one.

Anyway, a pound from me today, still on target. Hope anyone else weighing has a loss.

The sun is shining for the last day of Summer here, rather lovely, but the trees are turning brown, Autumn is coming.

S.O.S.

I can offer another pound, but for some reason, I seem to be hitting the self distruct button. I’m doing more grazing today than the cows in the field behind me. Worst of all today, was supposed to be a fast day!

So far this morning, within the last 4 hours, I’ve consumed 1101 calories, 129 of which was actually vegetables, the remainder was junk. I don’t know what possessed me, I’m raging with myself.

I can remedy the situation by just having my dinner as planned (chickpea and tomato curry, with cauliflower rice) and then do my fast day tomorrow, but can any of you relate to this?

Had a great day fasting yesterday. No breakfast, no lunch, bone broth mid afternoon then home made ham and vegetable broth for dinner, with a few berries and yogurt after. 302 cals the lot. Proud of myself. Scales this morning show a measly 1/4 lb gone !!! So that’s still just 1 lb reduction for September. We are off on holiday visiting friends down south tomorrow for a week. So no hope of me shedding anything next week. Wine,, wine, wine! Disappointed for myself,, but also that I can’t donate much to MBR. Will fast tomorrow whilst travelling , and will try to fast away . Will give my final weighin for September October 1st, when we are back home.
    Funny thing is,, things are def changing on my legs and thighs . Above my knees the fat has gone,, and my thighs are getting very dimpled, as if something inside is munching on fat all over. All my trousers are very loose now and are lined up awaiting alteration which will keep me busy when I’m back. I’m sure measurements will have changed by the end of the month.
    Off to pack my suitcase, hoping the weather will be good near Bristol. All you other holidaymakers, have a great time. All you rugby fans, do I hear you cheering for Scotland tomorrow? All you planners – respect!
    TTL

Can totally relate Nirvana – I had a day like that a couple of weeks ago – started as a fast day and ended up a farce day! Still, the next day I got right back on the bike and alternate day fasted for the next 12 days and although the scales haven’t dropped dramatically, the cms have and my clothes feel looser. I’ve decided some fast days just aren’t meant to be so I don’t angst about it – just move on, and don’t make it worse by doing the same the next and the next and the next!! Remember it’s the long haul… I’d suggest you can the planned dinner,although it is a good fast day dinner, and just have a miso or very light soup. You will feel better for it. Good luck!

Last line should read PLANKERS!

TTL – planning is good too!

Cheers Chipmunk, I appreciate those wise words. Thank God I was down a pound this morning, imagine if I was up!!!

Official weigh in later this evening but had a sneaky peek on the home scales this morning and don’t expect a loss – which will be disappointing. I have signed up to myfitnesspal (somewhat reluctantly as I liked the freedom of not counting calories) as it may be that I am under estimating my calories for any day. I generally on a fd eat nothing until evening and had until recently eaten a ready meal for one so that I knew the calorie content but thought a small portion of a home cooked meal would be better all round. Last night I had 1/2 cup of basmatti brown rice and 1 cup of homemade chilli along with 2 ryvita, 1tsp butter and a few thin slices of cheese. Myfitnesspal estimated 687 for the lot which is more than I thought (although it was only an estimate but hate the thought of starting to weigh everything). Should have left out the crispbread and cheese perhaps? This may also give me an idea of what amount of calories I am eating on non fd’s. Did those at goal or nearly at goal count calories – what did you have to eat on a fd?
    I am trying to remain positive – this is a way of eating for ever – right? I will eventually get there – just a few adjustments but so envious of those who are losing lbs and lbs! While my clothes are certainly looser and my face and neck show signs I have lost weight – it is frustrating this is not reflected in the scales especially for my donations for September.

CODA, I bet you’ll pass us all out next month, sometimes doing something different kick starts the weight loss!

Couldn’t resist this before I left.. Know this isn’t the Rugby thread but no time to find it…

England.. Might not win the rugby but have to be the funniest…

https://youtu.be/ZlHS_Mn7nWE

Byeeeee

Thanks Nirvana – will confirm official weigh in later.

Hey All, sorry I’ve been silent. I have still been enjoying my email notifications from all you little voices just been struggling for time to post so please don’t scrub me off yet AH!

So far 3lb down and it’s been a chaotic month of birthdays and anniversaries. So I’m happy with reduction. Husband away climbing last week and I ate a little too much chocolate, purely for emotional support in his absence you understand!

This week I’m more focussed so hoping to achieve my full 5lb aim I set.

Have not succeeded well with planking due to a nagging elbow and shoulder injury ? but been doing some sit ups.

Honestly love to read all the motivational words on here.

Good luck for final wk

Rugby peeps look up the scrumpty trail in Gloucester at the moment. They are sculptures of rugby ball/eggs designed by various artist around the city for the World Cup, so cute!

Love the Hakarena MsMarple! Go England!
    Have a great holiday.
    Chipmunk – all I am planning next week is to enjoy myself!

Tuna salad for dinner tonight,, using leftovers up AND keeping calories down.

Coda- myfitnnesspal is a great tool to get you started. I found it easier if I logged in the food I intended eating for a meal beforehand, then adjusted quantities to get the calories down. Or even eliminate the carbs which are high cals,, then have more off the protein/veg to make up the difference. It makes for a bigger plateful, so you don’t feel robbed. It’s only for a fast day after all. Good luck, and persevere, it’s amazing how those carbs clock up the calories! TTL

Thanks TTL – will try that.

Thank you Irishtrier! You did well too not to gain after the long family celebration!

Love the Hakarena Ms Marple 🙂 may well just put the ABs off their rhythm….haha

As always, loving the posts, thank you everyone for your contribution to this forum.

Much to my amazement after 2 meals out with friends, I have managed to lose another lb to donate to Miss Belly Rolls. I find I always struggle with keeping to plan after eating away from home, but I won’t be beaten. I am determined that I will reach my goal by Chrismas. Good luck everyone. LETS JUST DO IT!!!!! Ray

Can fear of not loosing make you loose? Not much but more than expected .200g lost. Big push for the last week!

MsMarple, what are we going to do with you??? The Pommie Rugby Team have got it all wrong, seemingly they have been practicing their own pre game challenge for the AB’s when we meet at Twickers, here’s a sneak preview that was filmed secretly at one of their training camps recently with some of their wives and partners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lcCIyUV3VE

Really puts the fear of God up yah, doesn’t it !!!! 🙂

Really puts the fear of God up yah, doesn’t it !!!! 🙂

Actually… yes it does… the bells..the bells… Esmeralda…the bloody, bleedin bells.

Oh AH.. I’m supposed to be packing, now I’m laughing and that’s not going to get me on a plane to sunshine, tomorrow at early o’clock.

Enjoy your fasts people..

Hasta la vista

m

Hi All again, back to the serious stuff, I’ve been through everyones posts and the recorded reductions for week 3 so will update our Spread Sheet and see what we have achieved, it all looks pretty positive I must say. Today is the 23rd here in NZ, which makes 7 more whole days until the 30th so still plenty of time to get those last pesky pounds off those wobbly areas 🙂

The comments above about hard work but low results are quite common for a lot of us and we have posted before about how the body actually reacts to low calorie fasting. I’ve been doing monthly measuring at the end of each month and have found that there are quite important “inches” shed while the pounds have slowed down so don’t get too despondent, feeling those clothes becoming loose around your vital areas is just as pleasing and if maybe only a couple of pounds for the month combined with say 4 or 5 inches total off Chest, Tumm and Bum, that’s when people start noticing and the nice comments are received. Don’t we all just love being asked “Have you lost weight since we last met….?” So pleased you noticed I always say, because it then starts to be all worth the effort.

I’ll let you know later today our third weeks results plus the month to date. I also endorse MsMarples suggestion for next month’s leader… and not just because Chipmunk supports the AB’s, she has a real empathy with us and offers kind and subtle advice just when it’s needed. Any other suggestions?

I think that is the first time I have ever been called subtle, thanks AH. Being part of this thread must be maker me a nicer person as well as a smaller one!

Hi everyone, well one more week down and only one pound to show for it. I seem to be on this one pound a week thing. I am in my last 10 pounds and I am not sure if that is why. Did anyone else experience the slow down when they got down to the last ten pounds. I tried fasting every other day, not sure if I will stick with it. Great work this week everyone.

Hi AH, reporting my week 3 result. Afraid to say stayed the same, so still 1 pound to go to meet my September target of 2 pounds (and my overall goal of 9 stone, 126 pounds). I am hopeful as I seem to be losing about half a pound a week and since my scales don’t register half pounds it takes two weeks to register a one pound loss.

Runningnorth, a one pound a week loss is about average – and indeed very good if you are close to goal as you are – so don’t be despondent just because you have had higher losses up to now. I have been 2 pounds from goal since early July! Since that time have gained two pounds, lost those same 2 pounds, stayed the same for weeks and now, with super resolve this month to watch what I eat on non-fast days, I seem to be losing at the rate of half a pound a week which I am more than happy with as it is a downward trend (albeit a very slow one). Remember 5:2 is a way of life, not a race!

Hi, new to forums but need help with motivation so thought I’d give it a go. Read the 17 weeks to Christmas and thought now is the time! Would like to get rid of 1.5/2lbs a week. (30lbs to go)any advice to keep on track for the first week for a chocolate addict?

Hi Pentowen welcome to the forum. 5.2 is a way of life and not a diet. Nothing is off limits and as long as you have your 2 fast days and stay within your TDEE on non-fast days then you will lose weight. On my non FD I might have a couple of squares of dark chocolate after dinner or dessert if I am out. It is all a matter of balance and 1 – 1.5 lbs per week is achievable.

Good luck

Welcome Pentowen – this forum has been a godsend for me – the people are friendly, supporting and all with a sense of humour. I recently got the app for myfitnesspal so I could keep a ‘rough’ track of calories in as I think my ‘estimates’ were perhaps not very accurate although I don’t like the idea of counting, hopefully it will be short term as I get more familiar – since I last used it they have now a barcode scanner which means you can scan a product’s barcode with your phone and it gives calories etc – quite clever!

I had a dream last night I had obtained a goal – I was able to remove my wedding and engagement ring from my finger with ease! Since I put them back on again after my twins were born (20 years ago)I have been unable to remove them to clean them (especially my engagement ring). I look forward to the day when it is a reality and I can get them on and off my finger and get my engagement ring properly cleaned.

OK, Just found this thread and need to join the Oct. challenge. Can someone tell me where I will find that? Will it be here?

I have a Fitbit Charge HR. I love it as it tells me a bunch of information – steps, pulse, and (I like this one) calories burned, and more.

Hi PJBR there will be a new thread started next month called LV October Challenge

Hello all and congrats on your collective weight loss to date.

I have been monitoring the scale and have lost weight, but prefer to provide an end of month check-in since I seem to fluctuate from day to day. I am looking forward to making my goal in September and carrying on to the October challenge!

Hi, all,

I am stuck at the weight I was at 2 weeks ago, despite being a faithful faster on my fast days. Argghg. Today I’m doing my second fast for the week as I am travellling to Edmonton tonight for a week with my sons and their wives and grandchildren. I will try not to overeat, but I don’t think I’ll be fasting again at least until the weekend is over–too many family gatherings! So I hope that the fast today budges the weight. If not, I may not make the new “5 lb” goal. I should have stuck with the 3 I originally pledged, I guess!

I am thinking that one thing that is going to help me stay on my new WOL when I’m in Edmonton is that I will be seeing dozens of people at two events whom I haven’t seen in more than a year, and so they are going to be pretty amazed at the “new me,” who is 25 lbs smaller. That should remind me of why I am doing this, prevent me from celebrating, and renew my resolve to get rid of the last 10 lbs.

As far as the planks, I’ve done 3 days of 150 so far, but on the second day, I made a mistake and did only 90 seconds, and then I remembered it was supposed to be 150 and so I did 150 ADDITIONAL minutes later in the day. That was a killer.

Each time I’ve had to lift my bum to make it to 150. The good news is that 90 seconds was easy, so I’m making SOME progress! I think what I’ll do is take today off (since I’m travelling) and try 150 again tomorrow, then try for 180 the day after that. Who cares if it takes six weeks or two months to finish the 30-day challenge?

I’ll try to weigh in in Edmonton — not sure if they have a scale at the hotel. If not, I’ll post my final weight for Sept. on Oct 1, the a.m. after I return.

Hi all and welcome to Thursday fasters (NZ time!)

MaryW – well done you on the planks. I am stuck at 120+ and I must say satisfied enough to be there. I don’t think I am wimping out when I say that the 30 day challenge from a low base is quite unrealistic for most people (my yoga teacher agrees and was frankly horrified). I agree that if you are easily doing 90 seconds that is pretty darned good. I’m also sure you will be motivated by the positive comments you receive in Edmonton! I remember visiting there in about 20 years ago and enjoying the Botanic Gardens.

I am away now for a week – will still be able to check and post on the forum, but AH I won’t be able to do my end of month weigh in til 2 October. Am on track for the target I set, so it’s down to a well managed final week.

Hang in there everyone – it’s amazing how quickly the months go….

Hi everyone, another great day in Paradise here in NZ, and welcome to a couple of new attendees on this Little Voices forum, PENTOWEN and PJBR, you’ll find some great advice from these very experienced 5:2 Way Of Lifers in here, we endeavour to keep people accountable to their monthly goals and ensure anyone who wants to offer or seek advice is treated with respect and kindness.

Third week reports are all in (well as many as I’m going to get). There are 2 or 3 who have said they will report after the last week so that’s OK.

Week 3 total is 25.25lbs reduction from 19 weigh ins, this includes 3 zero lbs plus one very small increase, so a nett 25lbs from the remaining 15 is pretty good going, you all deserve a big pat on the back. Our Running total for 3 weeks is 93.65lbs (42.48kgs or 6.7 stone) for all the different measurement dimensions. This is the equivalent of one small person so pretty impressive when we think of it like that. Our adjusted monthly goal is 157.25lbs

Still leading the charge this month is BOGLETT with a very impressive 8.5lbs to date closely followed by JFITZY (7.5lbs) and LIFESABEACH (5lbs) then lots of 4’s and 3’s pound totals for our 3 weeks to date so the theory of 1 to 1.5lbs per week seems to be showing up within our group and confirms some comments in posts above.

If we keep this average up over the next 10 or 12 weeks until Christmas then 12 to 18 more pounds reduction for some of us by then will be a reality. How good would that be ……….. 🙂

So six days to go before the 30th, enough for 2 more FD’s if you really want to end on a low and kick October off feeling really great and proud of yourself. Onwards and downwards everyone 🙂

Hi AH I will also report my final weigh in next week. Hope you are not too knackered having to get up early for the rugby!

Hi Fitzy, yep it’s a HUGE game in the morning for us, Namibia, poor sods…. the timing is OK tomorrow, it’s screens here at 8am Friday morning so just a nice time to settle in with some nice strong coffee, hot buttered crumpets (there’s those damn crumpets again) and not worry about work until 10am

I avoid crumpets as they are too addictive! Having a semi fast today as I have the lurgy and I am not feeling very hungry 145 calories so far and planning a small stir fry tonight. I have hubby doing 5.2 now as well but I have been away so he only did one this week so I am sneaking another one in for him ?

Can I ask does anyone else get grumpy on their fast days? I seem to have noticed a pattern that I can be very short on Mondays and Thursdays – more than normal lol

After day 18 in the plank challenge, I realized I was over my head! I’ve been trying to do my max time every other day since then to keep from losing any progress.

So far I’m down 1.5 pounds…halfway to my modest goal of three pounds. I think I can do it. The non fast days are my challenge. I think I’ve come up with a plan to be rather easy on the weekends but no snacks/treats during the week. A lot of things are trigger foods and once I start …..

Congrats, everyone! Very inspirational. Even though I’m going very slowly I’m happy with any consistent downward trend!!!!

Hi Carolinacatz, good to hear from you again since week one, your 1.5lbs has been recorded and I’ll update your result if you log in on/after the 30th. Slow and steady is always good so keep it up

CODA: I find on my fast days I need to keep myself active and plan doing lots of things to keep my mind and body active. It’s the days when you just sit and maybe read or not do too many activities when that little voice in your head starts telling you your tummy is empty, it needs food, you think about the left overs in the fridge, how many hours until you can have the next snack. And this does make me a little grumpy, you are right, so my answer is keep active on FD’s and the mind doesn’t have time to think about other things

Woo hoo! … lost 2 lb (Friday weigh in).

Pleased to lose the gain from last week plus some more. Now 9st 13.5 lb so also broke through my 10 stone brickwall. 🙂

Just so pleased to actually lose, as my habit is to yoyo with the same few pounds. 🙂

PS. I wrote a post yesterday but it seems to have disappeared?!

Just a quickie whilst taking in actual morning sunshine here in the south west! Have managed to stay within my TDEE since we’ve been here although I’m not sure a cheeseboard and champagne are quite the calories I need to be taking in! Friends here have no scales! Wow, I may have withdrawal symptoms! Love the posts and well done to all you losers! We walked for miles yesterday, and today off to Bath, so lots more walking. I shall be happy if I can get through this week with no gain. Great seeing old friends again, celebrating our engagement ( yet again) and their ruby wedding. Wish me luck!
    Well done Scotland. Keep it up. TTL

Hello everyone,

It’s nice to see MJR packing on the pounds :). I’d like to add another lb. from me. I’m down a total of 5.5 lbs. since I started in Sept.! It was nice to complete my fourth fasting week, it feels like I’m back in the game!

Have a great weekend!
    Em

Well done Em, a good result for you for the month, achieved your goal of 5lbs plus a little bonus to start October with, keep it up.

TTL, my son when he lived in England thought Bath was the most fabulous place to visit, he was blown away by the history and the overall age of the place. Stay strong and keep up the walks and yes your support of Scotland obviously helped, there were a lot of Rugby nuts thinking Japan could do it again however you guys showed them, well done.

Have a great weekend everyone and there’s a great Rugby match up happening this weekend, two very friendly sides indicative of NZ playing Aussie I think. Go the Dragons…

Hi All

As we are coming to the end of the month I thought I ought to check my weight. Warner weather here again so scales showing just under half a stove gain. On my tracker I only record whole lbs. but I shall let you decide whether this should be 6lbs or 5.5 lbs loss, I am just happy that I have had a fairly good loss whichever one you use.

I hope you have all done well this month.

Ginette

Hi GinetteK, I have you down for 6lbs as per your last report after week 3, so I take it there is nothing to add to that unless I hear from you on/after 30th

Here I am at 3.22am, unable to sleep. Stomach in turmoil after fantastic pork pie, pickles, ice cream bought at the food festival in Weston! Oh, plus more wine……oh dear….fear this months loss has gone down the Swanee! Was great at the time though.
    Even I watched the rugby tonight, friends are ardent fans, alas, England blew it and the Welsh dragon was rampant on the night! Back to supporting Scotland!!!
    Back to my herbal sleeping draught and book, I live in hope of some sleep tonight! Nighty night TTL

Hi all – been a very busy month for me so not been on here as much but great to catch up with you all – and wow, some great achievements! I am a pound down AH which makes 2lb out of my 4lb goal for Sept – but it’s only the 27th! Lovely if i could manage another? Been feeling pretty good but due to stressy times have only been doing 16:8 rather than ‘proper’ fast days – no calorie control but NO junk and very little alcohol which has obviously stopped me gaining, and even a little loss. I am content to stay in the slow lane for now – My BMI is now 30 (down from 35) and I have to date lost exactly two stone. One more pound and I will be in the next stone bracket down – super excited about that, and THAT is my goal for the rest of the month! Kate Eve x

Getting close to the end of the month. Have had an on and off week so kicking myself in the butt to have two fast days on Tuesday and Thursday. Yes, I know Thursday is the 1st October but I won’t be home to weigh myself til Friday so I’m calling it September! Hoping to give a bit more to Miss Jelly Roll before we launch into October.

There were a couple of nominations for me to take over as chief cheerleader for October. I’m happy to do so unless someone else wants to??????

Hope you’re all having a positive final September fasting week!

Well done Chipmunk, email me (my email address is in my Profile blurb) and I’ll send you a copy of the spreeadsheet you can use for October records, no use reinventing the wheel, hope you are enjoying this nice spring weather now that it’s finally stopped raining….

Happy for the baton being passed to Chipmunk to take us through to the end of October – the months are flying by. I have a weigh in tomorrow Tuesday 28 September which will be my last until October 5 so will give my final loss tomorrow. Again not sure how I have done but don’t think my target for September will be met – not to worry as it is still a downward trend – just taking a little longer than I had hoped for.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.