Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

This topic contains 406 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 407 total)

• Hi AH

thought twas yerself going a bit lala – saying it was a foregone conclusion – not happy with your team selection or just lost faith?

Or were you crowing it was was a walkover for your lot, hmmm I too wonder about the calories in humble pie!

(ducking now!!!)

I will join the cheerleading team for the plank challenge, as too tender yet to join in. Though feeling really inspired by everyone, doing b2b fast to kick off my month.

Enjoy the challenge everyone, its going to be a bumpy ride!!!!

I’m in.. and planking away.

Want to get down to 9 1/2 stone weightwise but firm and strong in the body is my main goal.

Too tired to read all posts now but will catch up tomorrow.

So many people. Good Luck to us all

Mx

I had an unexpected fast day today because I was so busy at work. I will continue with my scheduled fast day tomorrow and hopefully the additional day will contribute to my goal this month.

I did the plank for 20 seconds today…..much prefer than the 2 minutes yesterday. 🙂

Loving the posts.

Hello AH,

Is it too late to join?? I’d like to lose 5 pounds this month.

I was very successful with 5:2 last fall, so I know I can lose weight sticking to the plan.

Of course, I have to get through this first month of getting back into the swing of fasting. I think I will fast M and Th or T and Th. Haven’t quite figured out the best plan yet, any opinions?

This week, I’m doing today (Wed.) and Friday. I want to get two fasts in before the holiday weekend here in the states.

Good luck with the challenge!

Hi everyone!
    Yes AH 10 lbs will really push me in the right direction. And was it Fitnfast who mentioned the index card gift cards to self? I love that idea!
    I just finished my 7th ( I believe) fast day yesterday. I swear it seems to be getting easier! I realized the 1 st two weeks I was doing it wrong plus was over eating the limit of calories on eating days. I’m getting the hang of it.
    This week I noticed my waist feels a tad slimmer. Not ready for the scale or measurements yet. I can go by my clothes and eyes…
    Now today is an eating day and I am letting myself go as long as I can with out giving in to the hunger pangs. It kind of feels good to have hunger pangs.
    Stay in touch! I really like this group and the postings are so motivating.
    Any of your tips and suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Oh planks. I started 2-3 months ago and could barely do 20 secs. Now I can do 30-40 secs. I don’t do them everyday. Do you ? Should we ?

Hi Emilyashen, welcome aboard this amazing Little Voices group, I have logged your contribution for the month so good luck for your results.

Your weekly fasting plan is the best one that suits your lifestyle, that seems to be the best advice, everyone is different and has different priorities during their week so whatever works for you is what you should stick to, and of course if there is room to slip in an extra fast day here and there each month then the results usually show up on the scales at the end of the month.

Have a read of some of our last months posts where our group talked about the impact of the number of fasting hours on their fast days. The conclusions were the longer the period between eating, say 16+ hours the greater the energy burn that is accomplished. Some refer to it as 16/8 or 18/6 or even 20/4 representing the 24 hours in the day fasting to eating. Let us know your thoughts about this if you have an opinion.

Just caught up on the posts – lots to read and everyone so positive!

Even if it is misplaced JFITZY in the rugby arena – by the way, I hope you realise the coach for your Irish lads is a KIWI!! As is the Welsh coach. We really know how to spread the love.

Fitnfast – great idea re mini rewards, and good luck with the one footed plank. That’ll be a bit more difficult so you may see even better results.

Will you/have you posted the full list of August results yet? I’d like to see everyone’s individual goals and final result shared! I think it helps with accountability – as AH said – publicly sharing goals keeps us accountable.

Hi Mike, thanks for keeping the spreadsheet this month. Must add that I know not much about rugby (although I believe Scotland are involved this month?) .. My sports focus this week and next (hopefully) is watching Andy Murray at the U.S. Open. Watched last night at midnight UK time. Yawn!! – not because of his performance but because of my performance the day after watching until 3+ am!!

Getting towards Autumn here now in Scotland so today I made a thick spicy lentil soup – great for fast days at only 150 cals a big bowl and if you delay eating it until say 5 pm is about all you need on a fast day! I got through today with that plus two plums, hibiscus teas, one milky coffee and loads of sparkling water so reckoned my total for the day was 260 cals. Looking for a downward result on the scales at the beginning of next week!

Opal Shine – there is a 30 day challenge on the web and it has a chart to help you build up to 5 minutes, which I must say seems impossible to me just now!! Just scroll down the page to find it.

http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-plank-challenge/

Thanks Mike for adding me on! That’s great advice and I do think I’ll try to stretch my fasting times out more. However, today I needed some calories at lunch, so had a protein bar and small supper.

Looks like a successful fast day for me, one day at a time, right??

Umagumtree, I love to watch the NY Open. I’ve been there at least 10 times. Attending Wimbledon is on my bucket list! I like Murray, and cheered him on the other night too.

I did go back and read some of the posts from previous challenges. Love the fun names (Crisco Kid was my fav). Who are we dumping the pounds on this month?

Hi Upa, I even watched some highlights of Murray against Kyrgios, it was a pleasing result, like I have said before somewhere, I support NZ and anyone else who plays Ozzie and that guy is a bit of a loose canon with a racket in his hand.

Your courageous Scotland is certainly playing in the Cup, they are always competitive, as is Ireland and the Poms so it’s going to be a great competition. We’ll have you converted by the end of next month maybe…

To everyone else, let’s name our September Project Miss Belly Rolls, she can be Muffin Top’s sister….

I have almost completed our spread sheet, I have a day off tomorrow so will publish it for you. We have 28 on board now so it’s a great group.

Remember those who haven’t done it, update your Profile info so we can all see where everyone is from, just makes it a little bit more interesting.

OPAL, I was being a wee bit cheeky when I suggested 10lbs for you, change it if you wish if you think that’s too much of a stretch.

MS MARPLE you never nominated a weight reduction goal in your last post, I might just allocate you with 10lbs as well if I don’t hear from you LOL

MILENA don’t you worry about the “humble pie”, my AB’s haven’t let me down very often however I’m always very humble if defeat happens along so we’ll wait and see, (but just between you and me that Irish lot are starting to talk themselves up a bit so if the Scots play them you and I can both support the same team).

I haven’t seen any indications from anyone this month to be on the wagon again. I personally achieved quite good results last month and we only put 4 empty wine bottles out in the recycle bin, the Collector is getting quite worried about us I think….

Take care everyone and let’s finish with a thought for the week:

“We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But we are not our past or our mistakes, we are not our struggles. We are here NOW with the power to shape our day and our futures.”

Hi fellow posters for September! I have only put a couple of posts on since I joined this great diet in late January. However, I have read quite a few and see everyone’s struggles. I’m writing this one today as I jumped for joy when I reached my goal weight except for a few pounds.

I began as 70kgs 23rd January this year and this morning 63.7kgs. I weighted myself 3 times in case I misread the scales.

I don’t count calories now as I know what is full or them and the food that is okay. My food preferences have changed considerably, I even had to wipe dust of my Breville mixer on Sunday.

I found the following is filling on a weekly basis if you like this (below) kind of food.
    Fresh pears/Canteloupe quarters with Prosciutto – for lunches. Also smoked ham on dry ryvita’s with parsley and lemon juice. Pears clean your system out incredibly well too!

I rarely eat breakfast unless I feel hungry before 12noon. I have tea/coffee work on computer, housework then it’s lunchtime, only something small like salad as quite filling with an apple and cup of tea, another tea at 3’ish maybe with 2 biscuits, then nothing until dinner with my glass of wine, I top it up when I sit down to dinner but found I sometimes have to chuck the rest out-horror, horror, that is the new me!

Cauliflower steamed/boiled or made into a dish with carrots/brocolli in a white sauce, topped with cheese and drops of butter in the oven, serve with any protein or on it’s own.

I have to keep potatoes/onions and such in fridge covered with a teatowel to keep, as I cut back on those carbs, the crisper is full of other salad and vegetables, but still have the carbs during the week when I want them. Any chips I cook in oven with chilli flakes, cut them into wedges.
    I went back to buying biscuits and cut out cake and sweets. For sugar hits I still have some chocolate but can’t stomach much anymore (great news!) my tummy definately has shrunk.

Longish post but might encourage some strugglers……….
    I asked my GP and he said on the diet my hormones have changed and hence the body is not craving those calorie laden foods. My blood pressure has dropped 120/62, cholesterol down, he was chuffed with my health and said to keep going with the newfound way of eating.

When I have my kids visit for a few days I don’t eat as much but have a choc.top icecream at movies and coffe/cake with them, when they leave I go back to normal without feeling guilty, the extra lbs fall off within a few days back on diet.

Dropped a dropped 2 dress sizes and feel so good, I even changed my hair to blonde with highlights from dark and had 2inches cut off and feel a new person, dug out my old jeans I kept and can fit into all my clothes I had hanging up wondering last year if I should give them away!

I cut back on wine/red meat/chicken/rice/pasta. Vegetable stir frys are great fillers on their own.
    Tomato soup recipe – no calories!
    Tin or tomato juice/1 onion/3 zuchinni’s/2 stock cubes/S&P. Fry vegies add juice/cubes cook
    until all soft when whizz to puree, add more seasoning if you need to taste, add loads of chopped parsley when serving and if you want to make it gourmet, add a swirl of cream (not necessary. Have as much as you want and it is very filling. No bread only dry ryvita if you want.

Oooh Action Hero.. you’re so …… Action hero-ish!

Here’s a theme tune for September

https://youtu.be/x_xmujSyxkU

I think Doris has got all my old fat in the back of that wagon!

I’ll go for 6 lbs thank you very much… don’t want to be too thin..hahaha

Day 3 of the plank.

Make mine a sarsaparilla!

HI AH,

I may be just a few miles from Murrayfield, but I sing ‘Jerusalem’, not ‘Flower of Scotland’ – I played rugby at school – a doddle after girls hockey – the most frightening game on earth. Yorkshire born though, where they play proper rugby – league. My nana was a semi-pro and her brother played for Wakefield. OH played rugby at The High School of Glasgow, where Jimmie Ireland was an ‘old boy’.

Aye, many a tear has been shed in ooor hoose – from the Scottish inhabitants anyway.

Must say I rate the Irish this year, and we English always support England and all of the home teams, anything else just isn’t cricket (can we talk cricket – pleease !!)

Read a report that gall stones make a woman put on tons of weight – so looking good now the bladder is away – except read another report that having no gall bladder means I am likely to put on tons of weight, and its difficult to stop the gains and near impossible to lose weight. Too much knowledge is a dangerous thing, so doing third fast day in a row, just in case – daren’t go near the blummin’ scales now. Target now is not actually become Miss Belly Rolls by Christmas, dropping two dress sizes will be just a lovely bonus!

Hi AH,
    Can I join your challenge? I started on the 29th Sep last year and lost 20lbs to Christmas. Then completely lost my mojo and kept deferring fasts until I really gave up over the summer. Weight went back on – less 2 lbs (success!) – but need to be more focussed if I want to lose and keep it off this time. I need the accountability factor of this group.

Looking to lose 6lbs in Sep and am also on the plank challenge – was doing 30 seconds every 2/3 days – can’t imagine 5 minutes – but lets see…

Action Hero, thanks for the September Challenge! I am in!!

I started the 5:2 diet August 1/15 after speaking to a Nephrologist who extolled the benefits of intermittent fasting. I read the 5:2 book and watched Michael Mosley’s documentary on you-tube and was sold. I fast on Monday and Thursday and my goal is to lose 20 pounds (from 155 to 135). To date, I have lost 7lbs.

After turning 40 four years ago, I have slowly gain weight each year. I like the 5:2 as it is a manageable way to deal with the fact that the ageing body needs less calories. My goal for September is to lose 1 to 1.5 pounds per week (4 to 6 pounds). Wish me luck!!

I love the accountability of this group, it helps to read through posts when hunger strikes 😉

So, I made it through yesterday (first fast in a few months), although I experienced brain fog and discomfort. I had planned to squeeze in one more fast for Friday, but realized I will be grocery shopping for a party we are hosting and fasting+food shopping = a crabby me. So, I am diving into a second fast (back to back) today. It’s so strange, because I’m making out better today so far (although it is only 11:00 am here). My head is clearer and I am not avoiding seeing food or thinking about food today. So, I’ll have to figure out if this whole back to back fasting strategy will work for me in the long run.

I know this may sound cheesy, but I read something in a magazine this week that stuck with me and I’d like to share (for motivation!). Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love), wrote that she likes to take fear along with her for the ride, but will not allow it to drive or tell her where to go. I love this, because every time I psyche myself out of a fast, it seems like I’m letting fear/discomfort take control. When I get home tonight, I can type in the direct quote if anyone is interested :).

Have a good one!!
    Em

Lots of lovely posts and welcome to the newbies. Had a good non fast day yesterday and finished on less than 1000 cals. Today is fast day and have struggled! No breakfast, Pilates this morning, then felt I had to have some vege broth at lunchtime. Normally I wouldn’t eat till evening, but hey ho. Smoked mackerel salad for dinner, followed by a few fresh berries and Greek yogurt. A bit over my limit for today, but hopefully yesterday’s good day will count for something.
    I always weigh in first thing in the morning, so will post my result tomorrow. Hopefully it will be downwards. Don’t want to get on the wrong side of Action from the get go. Fingers crossed xxxxx. TTL
    Don’t usually follow rugby, but all your banter has piqued my interest. Is England still in? Must follow them, but if not I guess Scotland (as I live here). Though must admit do like to see the Hakas? (Is that the correct spelling Action)

Hi TTL they are all still in as the tournament doesn’t start until 18 September. They are just having warm up matches at the moment. If Scotland and England go out you can always follow my team Ireland. We are definitely in with a shout no matter what AH says (hee hee) !!!!

TTL you can watch the haka right through the tournament as the All Blacks storm their way through to, and win the final!!

Feeling very up beat today – I’m off Christchurch this weekend and there will be food, fun and drink, but I have already bagged a 1.1 kg loss since Monday so am in the headspace to keep a reign on my eating.

Just done the day 4 plank – 30 seconds now.

My goal for September is to lose 5 lbs so that I will once again be 125 lbs. i want to be 120 by Christmas and maintain that, instead of slowly putting the same 15 lbs back on which I have done for so many years. I can do it and I will do it with a kick up the “you know what” from Mike.
    Onwards and downwards. Ray
    A suggestion for the follow on from miss Muffin Top could be Fatty Boom Boom.

FITNFAST, thanks for your reply. Good to know that reasonable measures to get through a fast day can result in success!

UPAGUMTREE, the spicy lentil soup sounds yummy. Share the recipe?

AH, I don’t think I was specific about how much I want to lose in September (10-15 by Christmas), so I should commit to 6 lbs…for your spreadsheet! And thank you for the thread and encouraging information.

Tuscany, great information, very useful for newbies like me…..

Morning all you wonderful people, it’s Friday morning here in New Zealand and life is amazing. I’ve just finished catching up with all the posts above, welcome aboard all our new Little Voices to this amazing group of skinny focussed people. I trust your September journey with us will be fun and rewarding.

Our Spread Sheet now has 31 players focused on shedding a very impressive 170lbs or 77kgs. That’s the equivalent of a medium sized person, so putting it another way, if we can all achieve our goals we will be one person short by 30 September, I wonder who it will be??? I have my eye on a couple of members already who from some cheeky comments might just qualify !!!

This month we will have a weekly treat for the best results plus some rewards for the monthly achievers. A Kiwi delicacy of a Chocolate Fish which in this part of the world is a very sort after reward:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate_fish

What more incentive could you need, only one fish of course, but you can look at the picture and enjoy.

So there we are, if we all focus on our little bit of the total then together we’ll kick Miss Belly Rolls out the door in the next 26 days and we’ll ll be feeling pretty chuffed. Take care everyone, I’m going to read some more posts above now and see who needs some gentle encouragement.

Hi All again, just catching up with some content above and a few replies:

LOVING60: Tut tut, I had you down for 10lbs in September and now you want to reduce it to 6lbs, too late my dear, 10lbs it is I’m sorry…. you just can’t change your mind like that…. just think about that chocolate fish if you get there…

FEMME: You make some of us jealous, 125lbs and you are looking at less, well done and great focus

EMILY: Would love to see your words on FEAR. Fear can paralyse some people but it is something that is always in the future, not the present. There are many acronyms for FEAR and the one I like most is FALSE EXPECTATIONS APPEARING REAL, in other words thoughts get in the way of actual results and this can even hinder weight reduction for some people, so try and overcome all your fears and you will break out of life’s limitations so quickly.

TUSCANY: Thanks for your great insights and food info, made me hungry just reading it

MS MARPLE: Doris Day is far too skinny for this group howver she made me tap my feet so I suppose that counts for my daily exercise!!! And stick to your sarsaparilla, but it might be a little too sweet, I might stay with my Chardonnays

ALL YOU SPORTY LOVERS: Looks like we will certainly have some fun in the coming weeks with some good rugby banter to keep us on our toes and for those non Rugby types, well just follow the All Blacks and you can’t go wrong, eh Fitzy…

AH: Uh Oh…blotted my copy book! The pressure is on….10lbs in September. Dreams of chocolate fish….

Um, a chardonnay lover in the midst of the best sauvignon blanc production in the world? I’ve been informed that chardonnay is passe and sav blanc is in. I’m with you though, lets just say we are retro ahead of our time:)

Hi loving60, January-September, does that make me a veteran faster? I stuck to the 500 calories on the fast days for many months, until I plateaued, scales seemed stuck. Then I changed to Monday and Thursday and my metabolism kicked in again. I discovered the weight dropped off the evening after the first day of normal eating. Once I saw the pattern it gave me confidence. I have low fat milk in tea/coffee. Fast days no carbs at all, eat filling things, apples, fresh or (stewed at breakfast) a breakfast bowl of fruit – plums, apples, pears with a cup of tea keep you going. If you feel a bit weak or low energy on a fast day have 1 banana, fills you up and gives energy. Evening protein and only vegies, I have a whole bag of spinach with small fillet steak, or brocolli eat mainly greens as many as you want. No bread or rolls. Tummy feels flatter as no bloating.

AH… Cheeky is fine! If I can make 10 that would be spectacular. But 5 lb may be more attainable. Love this group! Great posts. Thanks everyone !

Hi all, It’s Friday! I read and researched this diet until I found all the information I could take in.
    I tried over the years many diets and this is by far the best, why? because you don’t really feel you are deprived except for 2days out of 7, when the lbs come off you don’t mind the deprivation for those days. No frozen food, no weigh-ins, no gym, no food you cannot stomach, just good fresh food we can all get daily and easy to prepare at home.

The biggest obstacle is discipline, consistency, shedding those feelings of guilt when you let yourself down occasionally. Thankfully I have overcome the guilt by enjoying the occasions I lapse my own regime. Because? It spurs me on leaving guilt behind, to know I can get through 2 days and still have the food I miss on the good days.

My pantry is full of tempting food to consume, I have to use it up when visitors come for meals or overnight. Chocolate sponge pudding, cakes, fried rice and roast chicken, you know what it’s like when you have relatives come for a day and stay 3/4 days!

I find I don’t eat as much when visitors are here anyway I am too busy looking after them and talking, let alone eat! My social life has picked up as a consequence, I am always inviting friends to come over.

I found at KMart for around $71 (Aust) you can get 2x8g kettle balls, 1xmedicene ball, hard foam roll (great for those dimples), skipping rope and a sit-up bar! No more gyms for me, just resistance workouts for 20 minutes at home every few days. Aldi sell them occasionally too, not sure if you have Aldi in the UK?

Best toning I ever had when I lived in the UK for 18 years were the toning table establishments. They only have a few in Australia and nowhere near where I live. I went 3 x week for years, some closed down and others opened, it had 8 beds, you exercised 600 muscles in an hour, after 6 consistent weeks your body toned and changed, you found little muscles you didn’t know you had. Plus having to kick start a diet, you could have 4 clay wraps over two months to get rid of all the excess fluid in your body, it was expensive but well worth it so see some immediate results.

I talk too much, hope you all have a great weekend with your Rugby and following the US Open, We don’t get it on TV downunder, just in the news.

Yeah! A whole pound donated to miss Belly Rolls, and it’s only week one! Of course, this is the pound that should have disappeared in August, but at least it’s gone, never to return. That puts me just 1/4lb to my goal of 9 1/2 stone (133lbs) am going to check my BMI/weight/measurement again for the optimum for my height. I think I will definitely be heading for 9 stone, so have to set new target. Anyone know of a good website to do this? The NHS one is so expansive, I could remain the same (overweight) or become anorexic, to suit me??? And still be within their range.

Wow, Action, a chocolate fish each week! But I don’t eat chocolate! But a nice glass of your Chardonnay would go down a treat. Probably less calories too.

Had a nice surprise yesterday. Decided to try on a size 12 dress to see just how much more wriggle room was needed. And guess what – it fitted perfectly! Whoop whoop! So have already reached my reward for September, just have to find the right dress now for the occasion . So pleased . Haven’t been a size 12 for 16 years.

Oh well, just a bit premature for the rugby, Fitzy and Chipmunk, but at least I have time to practice cheering for England , Scotland, Ireland , then the AB’s.

A new confidence booster for me – have decided to get myself a part time job for the winter. Put my CV in at a couple of places , so will see what happens. Have worked for myself the past few years, so it will be strange working for someone else. At least it will relieve the boredom of our dark winter days.

Great to see so many new names for the September challenge. Should keep you busy and focussed Action. (as if you are not already). Onwards and downwards. TTL

By the way, Fitnfast, how did we end up in August, or dare I ask? How many pounds did Miss Muffin Top take out the door with her, never to return?

Wow third time lucky – well done you!!!! can I ask where you began and when? (ie what weight were you to start with and how long has it taken you to get to your goal?) Good luck in your search for a job – my husband and I run our own company which is great most of the time, but I know what you mean about the long and dark winters – I often wonder about doing this myself but my first 2 challenges are to become a non-fat person for the first time in my 50 year life and ….. (Drumroll please) learn to drive – EEEEEEK! I think these 2 goals will be more than enough for me for the timebeing – if only I was one of those people who lose weight when they are stressed or nervous, but alas it seems the opposite for me.Day 4 of the plank challenge today – hubby, daughter and I are all doing it, and for some masochistic reason we have decided to do side planks either side as well. There is no way in hell I am going to be managing 240 seconds in 30 days!!!! but I shall persevere (going to be interesting trying to do them when we are up in London watching the rugby ;-)!! September has started off really well for me, I have done 3 fast days (Tuesday, Weds and today) and heaps of exercise. Going to squeeze another FD in on Sunday. I’m not going mad but I know that the next few weeks are going to be harder for me as I have my mum coming to stay for 10 days and she is (I think) possibly one of the reasons I have always struggled with my weight and then of course we are spending the entire weekend up in London 2 weeks today England v Fiji Opening game, France v Italy on Saturday and then NZ (yes AH) NEW ZEALAND v Argentina at Wembley, think that might be a cracking game. I shall be supporting England (then Italy then Argentina) and hubby will be green all the way. Cannot wait – so exciting, and how lucky were we with the draw for tickets?! it has cost us the price of a holiday tho’ but some sacrifices are worth making. Good luck everyone. Oh by the way, just had Mimi’s poached haddock with spinach and nutmeg, poached egg and a dollop of half fat creme fraiche with chopped spring onions for meal one of the fast day – it is delicious and only takes 10 minutes to make from start to finish, and now I am positively stuffed – highly recommended!

Hi All

Some of you know me from elsewhere. Motivation isn’t lacking but weight lass has been, maybe joining you can change that. I would love to lose an average of 1lb a week before Christmas. That was always my target and up until last month I archived that.

Summer is always a bad time for me as I suffer with water retention, now this week I think it is better due to the change of weather in the UK.

I still have 5 stone to lose but I have lost 4, 1 on just cutting back and just over 3 on 5:2 since January. I started this mainly for health reasons. My blood pressure is far too high and I need to reduce it. So far it doesn’t seem to have a great effect but at least some, tine and weight loss will tell.

Where are you all from?

Ginette

TTL, you are doing Sooo well! You’ll be catching me soon if I don’t see any loss this month. So glad the cutting of carbs seems to be working for you. I am heading up to St Andrews and Carnoustie for the Dunhill cup at beginning of Oct so it would be brilliant if we could meet up again and hopefully see body changes since we last met! Give me a text sometime soon!

Hi Ginette (who I know from elsewhere) and welcome to the September challenge. I am sure you will be a very active and informative contributor. You can find out where people are from by clicking on their name – this will take you to their profile.

Lifesabeach, just read your profile. So sad to hear of your sister but glad it has prompted you to make good changes in your life. Good luck to you!

I am on fast number 3 this week and going well so far with liquids only then cod, tomato, canellini bean traybake for evening meal. Not weighing until official day of Tuesday.

Have a great weekend all!

Hi upagumtree

Nice to see you here. This thread has many nice people on it. I hope to get to know them soon.

I’m on a mission to lose weight this month after last month. A 1lb loss is just ridiculous in a month, I know that at least it was a loss but as I usually make my minimum loss 1lb a week I really can’t understand why. Even on 4:3 it won’t move!!

Ah well I have high hopes for this month. Cooler weather will help get rid of water retention.

I’ll meet others later as I am off out now.

Ginette

Wow, so many new people and a whole medium sized person pledged. This WOL truly does work but patience and no self-blame when the wheels fall of your little red wagon are 2 key aspects for success. If your red wagon does derail, no biggie you just get back on plan the next day.

Plank challenge:
    Day 4: 30 seconds done.

Hello you September Svelties! I am back home from the 11 hour diep surgery in Vancouver– it went great and I’m recovering nicely. Tummy darn flat [when not retaining fluid], and must admit new boobs rather impressive.
    Due to post surgical fluid fluctuations [which may continue up to 3 months] it would be madness to be weighing this early on, although did a sneak peak on return home [down 3], and will continue eating healthily but not skimping as I heal.
    So I will lurk and cheer you on, and be ready for setting an October goal.

Hi all!

I might be a little be behind for this September challenge but I’m in! I’m new to 5:2 fast and intermittent fasting. I’ve been counting calories for about 1 year and I felt I’ve lost my ability to listen to my body about when I should eat or not eat because I now eat even though I’m not hungry. I’m looking forward to starting practicing intermittent fasting and tune my body into a real hunger cue. I’m 5’5 and currently 122 lbs and my September goal is to lose 3 lbs and make myself get under 120 lbs. Hopefully by Christmas, I can be at 115 lbs and stay at this weight.

Hi Everyone

Thank heavens for this Challenge and the support from everyone as today I almost gave in to temptation. I’ve had a good start this week. My fast days are Tuesday and Thursday but Wednesday turned into a welcome fast day. Tuesday was a 16:8, Wednesday was 19:5 and Thursday was 24hr – all unintentionally but I thought let me see how long I can last. I had apples with me if I needed to eat. So I was very pleased especially as I’ve just returned from the USA on Sunday and I’m still jetlagged.

However, today I did 15:9 and then had 2 apples. I needed to buy some herbal teabags from the health/organic shop and temptation almost got the better of me. I bought a small packet of crisps, 200 kcals (potato chips for our American friends) and an Almond & Raisin Raw Choc Brownie, 205 kcals. Once I had eaten them I just wanted more treats, I think the raisins triggered my craving for carbs and sugar.

On my way home I went into a Caribbean take-away and looked at the wonderful selection but gave myself a good talking to, as I could feel that if I indulged I may well have been on a slippery slope to further indulgence. It was this Challenge and feeling the support of everyone that helped me resist so a huge thank you to the longer members of this group for this wonderful idea of monthly challenges.

That was 4 hours ago and now I’m genuinely hungry and will now have some vegetable soup that I made yesterday :). The weekends are a more difficult as I want to reward myself with food after a week of work. One day at a time! :).

PS : Plank Challenge – on track with 30 secs on Day 4.

Hey Phoebe, so glad to see you… I have been thinking about you!¬ Sounds as if all has gone well? Do hope so! x

Hi lifesabeach. First time slimming was WW, about 10 yrs ago. Lost over 2 St and put it all on again plus.
    Second time was three years ago with local slimming club. Lost 2.5 St and it took me 2 years to reach goal, and it cost me a lot of money! I then retired last May and in the following few months packed on over a stone. Read about 5:2 and then watched the programme and read the book. Started 19th January this year on 5:2 at 10st 11lbs. So in approx 8 months have lost 1 St 4lbs. This brings me back to where I was having reached goal for the second time. I have def got a much better body shape this time. Also before everyone thought I was ill as I looked quite gaunt. Now people are saying lovely things and OH thinks I look the best I have since getting together 15 yrs ago! So…. Third time lucky….. For me!
    Hi Ginette – welcome to Little Voices. We’ll keep you on track, and Action (the pussy cat) will crack the whip, so watch out!
    Hi upagumtree – I checked my weight at NHS online again and I am still considered over weight for my height, so have reset my target now to 9 stone which will put me in the healthy bracket. Am. Actually looking forward to it as a challenge, and can’t ever see me going back to the way I was eating before. Getting rid of carbs has def helped a lot, and looking at my tracker that lovely zig zag has plunged very low almost since the day the carbs stopped. Would love to catch up again. Will see Kate soon so let me know what dates you’re in St A.
    Hey Phoebe – great to hear from you again. So glad things have gone well for you. Take it easy and get yourself well soon, so you can get back on this wonderful WOL.

Will shut up soon but just wondered if anyone else watched the JAMIE OLIVER SUGAR RUSH programme on channel 4 Thursday night at 9pm. What an eye opener. He’s def putting the government on notice to do something about sugar consumption. There is a petition to sign if anyone’s interested.

Have a great weekend everyone, and don’t go putting all the pounds back on that were loaded onto miss jelly belly last week!!! TTL

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is feeling strong. I would like to donate 1 pound this week. My fast days went well with a minor infraction of kettle corn at the farmers market. I also got a one day stomach bug which helped I am sure but I will take it. I have 5 more get rid of this month. If I can make it happen, which I a fully intendingto do. Love hearing all the success stories and tips. Hope everyone can behave this weekend. I know I will try. My weekends are my weakness.

Hi All

Nice to see you all here. Some familiar some not so familiar. Phoebe you sound as if you have been having a bad time, I hope things are improving now.

Hi TTL

I am just going to watch Jamie Oliver now. When he is on a mission he really dies get on with things. I hope he has success. I think that they should tax all food with sugar in some more than others, then put a discount on healthier food this will address the balance a bit.

Weekend ahead a nice brunch planned with Cumberland reduced fat sausages, an unusual treat for me. I tried to get Heck Italia which are delicious and really low fat, quite small but very filling. They were completely sold out. At 36 calories a sausage they are brilliant for fast days.

Ginette

LIFESABEACH: Welcome back, do you want to advise a Sept weight reduction for the Month so I can add to the pool? Lucky you with those WC tickets, good luck with your teams, it’s going to be a facinating Tournament from the QF’s onwards, so many possibilities, I’m picking a NZ & Ireland first QF then from there on who knows…

GINETTE K: I have put you down for 4lbs for September to add to our totals

PHOEBE: Lurk all you like on here and feel totally free to pass on your experiences from past months, we have a lot of newbies with us this month and everyone needs support

CWCWCW: Welcome on board, great to have you with us.

GOLDEN SUN: A special Chocolate Fish reward for you my dear for the strength and resiliance you showed bypassing all those temptations, it’s so hard at the time however when you do show strength and look back afterwards and pat yourself on the back for not giving in and making all the sacrifices up to that time so much more meaningful. So everyone, a GREAT BIG COMMUNAL ROUND OF APPLAUSE AND A PAT ON THE BACK FOR GOLDEN SUN, she did so well

RUNNINGNORTH: Wooo Hooo you have recorded the first reduction for the group for this new month, keep up the great work, you are an inspiration to us all.

EVERYONE ELSE I HAVEN’T MENTIONED: Trust your weekend goes well, some have mentioned how weekends are sometimes hard to keep to the plan and I agree. We are dining out tonight at our local Indian restaurant and Lamb Korma is one of my favorites with lashings of creamy cashewnut & tomatoe sauce, rice and Naan breads, not to mention a couple of Tiger beers to wash it all down, sound familiar??? My plan is to only order Entree size dishes and control myself that way in terms of portion sizes then see on Monday how the scales have reacted.

Take care all and we all look forward to first week reports on weight reductions (remember, we don’t call it “losing weight”). I’ll repost my little piece about “losing weight” versus “reducing weight” again for all our new friends this month, it’s all about positive speak to feed our minds and help our journey to a new skinny lifestyle. Cheers Mike.

PS: Go the mighty AB’s

Hi All, back again and just quickly, I was clicking through my new emails and came across this little bit of inspiration and immediately thought of all you amazing people who fit this piece of wisdom:

“The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do.”

So when that next temptation pops up in front of you (just like Golden’s little story above) keep this in mind, even write it down and put it in your wallet and pull it out and read it before you give into that temptation, you’ll feel so good afterwards.

And we all want to hear about your SUCCESS stories, your WINS in overcoming temptations, no matter how small or insignificant, they will be YOUR WINS to share with everyone.

I’d like to contribute 1 lb. to Miss Belly Rolls :).

My back to back fast was mostly successful. The only thing I wasn’t ready for was the insomnia I experienced during day 2. I did eat a little (about 100 cal.) and take some melatonin, which helped. So, my 2nd day was more like 700 calories, but I’ll take it.

I want to do the traditional M, Th fast this week and see how it compares. I don’t think I would be able to maintain the back to back fasts in the long run.

Thanks for the inspiration AH, you made my day :). I’m impressed with all the success from Little Voices. Have a great weekend. Lots of watching tennis and football (American) for us.

Em

Wow, just read all the posts since I posted yesterday and it took ages!! Well done everyone, loving the thoughts, encouragement and other contributions.

AH- I posted 1.1kg yesterday. Am in Christchurch for the weekend and what an amazing Farmers’ Market this morning!! That 1.1 might have come back…

GOLDENSUN – I had a similar experience with tempatiation and thinking about the challenge was really really helpful in avoiding giving into it. Well done.

LIFESABEACH. Jealous of your pool play tickets but really think you should be behind the ABs not the Argies! Isn’t it unpatriotic for an Englishwoman to support Argentina?? Remember the Falklands.

Day 5 plank done – 40 seconds. Good on all you side planners as well.

Wow, just watched Nadel get beaten by the Italian at the tennis, after 151 matches when he has been 2 sets up he’s lost for the first time in his career, amazing match…

Hi All

Just to let you know I have lost 2lbs, one was a pound that went on last week. But on the way down all the same. Will it continue? I hope so.

Have a nice weekend all, off to make brunch.

Ginette

OOPSIE chipmunk – I know I really should support the ABs, and I do usually when they are playing (if it doesn’t involve England or Ireland) but we need every bit of help we can get and if Argentina can take them down a peg or two with ideally a win or a draw that will help us 😉 but I love the kiwis, spent 8 weeks touring NZ the beginning of this year and loved every inch of those beautiful two islands. Went and watched a game at Dunedin too which was an experience in itself!

ACTION HERO: Sorry I thought I had put down my pledge? I am pledging 4lbs this month – not going to be easy with all that rugby going on (where there’s rugby there’s always a drink or two involved) but I am going to do my best.

Does anybody else struggle with sleeping? I have always been a bit of an insomniac but thought it was because I ate and drank too much, but it has got worse since being on the 5:2?

Secretly weighed myself this morning a couple of days early and was very pleased with the result, but will wait and see if the weekend alters it before posting the first weeks results on Monday. But what I will say is I am thrilled to have lost my first stone since starting this WOE on the 23rd July!!! Whooppeee 🙂 Have a great weekend everyone – today will be a testing day in our household as OH is Irish… COME ON ENGLAND!! (it’s a rugby thing)

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.