Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

This topic contains 284 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 35 posts - 251 through 285 (of 285 total)

• Hi Chipmunk, my weigh in this morning will have to be it for the month, I’m up and away early Sat morning, up country playing golf

Todays weigh in was 0.6kgs reduction 1.3lbs for the week, actually 8 days since last one, makes me 0.3kgs shy of my target of 3kgs, so I suppose I’m happy with that, a steady month without being brilliant and it still keeps me on track for 78kgs by Christmas which will be 15kgs reduction since 1st July.

One of the good aspects this month are the comments I’m getting now from people who I’m meeting up with, those who I haven’t seen for a few weeks. Makes me feel good and makes all the hard work worth while when the compliments flow.

Take care everyone and see you all on the other side of October.

Hi Chipmunk – delighted to say I made my pledge this month, by the skin of my teeth! I pledged 4lbs, have reduced by 4 1/4lbs. Yeah…… I have also reduced my waist measurement by another 1inch. That’s a massive 6 inches gone since starting.
    This will be my last check in for October, so many many thanks chipmunk for guiding us through this month.
    Ready and raring to go in the Christmas challenge, my last few pounds to target.
    Stick at it if you are fasting thru to Sunday, nearly there! TTL

Hi Chipmunk,

I just finished b2b fast days so decided to weigh in. I am down 5 1bs for the month.
    Thanks for being our tracker and cheerleader for the month. I will be following the thread from the side line next month when AH take the reins.

This will be my final weigh in since I have a parties tonight and tomorrow.

I’m down two–one short of goal–to 169.5 pounds. I am very happy to crash through 170 for the first time in a couple years. I still have more than ten pounds to get out of the overweight category but as long as the trend is in the right direction, I’m happy.

Exercise was a mixed bag. We had four days in Washington DC where we walked a TON. However I never got back in the plank challenge and we had a lot of rain so my walking at home was down.

Next month I need to continue working on the non-fast days. It should be completely possible for me to reprogram myself to stay away from chips or crackers and sweets during the week unless there’s a special occasion. It’s the mindless/nervous/comfort snacking that I need to control better.

I also need to step up the weights. My doctor has a new body composition scale and according to it I’m 34 percent fat!!!

Well done, everyone!! I’m amazed at how much people lose on this.

Yay, lots of final weighs coming in, generally with good news. CAROLINACATZ, I don’t think I heard from you until now (maybe I missed a posted reduction?) so I was pleased to see you had come close to your goal. And TTL, despite hiccups you made it!

SIG you had a good month, great work.

There are four people on my list I haven’t heard from this month who in total pledged 20 lb at the beginning. You know who you are and I want to know, WHERE ARE YOU? Whatever is happening, don’t give in or give up. Come join us again.

Like a lot of people I came up a pound short, pledging 6 and losing 5 but as it is a continuation of a downward trend I am not complaining. I seem to be stuck at 73 kgs, despite and extra day’s fast as well as back to back fasting this last week. The dreaded plateau! AND I’m off to Europe for two weeks in November….

Does anyone have great tips for fast days while in Italy????

Managed to get back on track and lost 1.3kgs (2lb 13ozs). Total loss for the month is 5.5kgs ((12lb 2ozs). Finished at 66.6kgs.

Hi CHIPMUNK

I did it! Final weigh in for Rocktober and I’ve reached my 3lb goal reduction. I am now 9st 2lbs – 128lbs – 58kgs.

The Conference was not as challenging as I had feared, although there was chocolate and blueberry muffins and a selection of biscuits at coffee breaks, I steered clear. I didn’t attend the two buffet lunches and breakfast but did attend the dinner on Thursday evening. There was also free giveaways of Lindt chocolate and jelly beans. I took them but didn’t eat them. Kept telling myself just a couple of days to the end of October.

October was the most challenging month for me but I made it. Thank you CHIPMUNK for leading us this month, I am deeply grateful. I wouldn’t have succeeded if it wasn’t for you and others on this forum encouraging, supporting and sharing your experiences.

Good luck everyone with your final weigh in.

Hi Chipmunk

I am minus 1 1/2 lbs this week.

Many thanks for doing this months challenge. Good on you!

Hi Chipmunk – digits are the same as the 15th. No loss no gain.
    Well done for taking time out to coordinate and monitor this month.

Hi, Chipmunk and everyone else

I’m down three pounds total for October. Not as much as I had hoped for, but better than a kick in the head. Total loss since I started in April = 28 lbs. I still haven’t missed a fast day, but I’m not being too good on the non-fast days. Like others, I seem to have hit a bit of a wall when it comes to motivation to stay within the TDEE. But there is always next month.

I have just bought the Fast Exercise book and my goal for November is to start reading it. 🙂

I really apologize for not seeing the nomination earlier this week to lead the group. Thank you for it! I probably would have said yes if I had seen it, but I’m delighted to jump on to Action Hero’s initiative instead for the next six weeks and try to get rid of the rest of this weight (I have about 10 lbs to go). We’re away (CUBA!!) for ten days at the start of January but I’ll put my name down to lead in February right now. Maybe by then we’ll all be at our goal weights and no one will need to lose anything.

Thanks for all your work, Chipmunk!!

Hi Chipmunk!
    I cannot believe it! I actually made my goal of 6 # !!!!!!!!!

On October 8 my weight was 168.9
    This morning my weight is 162.1

6.8 lbs lost

Thank you Chipmunk.

Have a wonderful holiday. You deserve it.

Chipmunk

Fasting in Italy and saving money —— Eat only once a day.

I would choose that meal as the main meal of the area you are visiting be it lunch or dinner. Coffee with cream in the morning, if you drink it and no calorie fluids throughout the day (is water safe in Italy – never been there)

Hi chipmunk
    Thank you for taking the lead this month. Reading this month helped me on the low motivation days. I only lost one pound this month when I had hoped for three. This was a hard month with travel, birthdays, thanksgiving and I was happy to not gain which is sometimes the case. I am down to my last 8 pounds and nothing really going on in November so I hope to break through this plateau I am facing lately. Congrats on everyone’s hard work. I am really looking forward to a great month in November and rocking the new dress I bought. Now I have to take the kids trick or treating tonight and it has snowed. You got to love the north. Happy Halloween everyone.

hi Chipmunk, thanks for leading Rocktober. My modest post surgery goal of 3 lb has not been met…… while the #s looked good mid month, I had a stressful second half with hearing I should do radiation [was hoping to dodge that one] and a very sick dog while I was away at an out of town medical followup — hence returning to my former classic habit of stress eating — so my weight for the month ended up the same — down then up…. net of zero. It could have been worse!
    I will jump back on the reindeer for the Nov Dec challenge.
    While in Italy, may I suggest a very light or no breakfast and choosing which meal is your main one – lunch or dinner, but not avoiding the local cuisines or worrying too much. Or duck tape…. 🙂

Hi Guys – I was soooooooo scared of standing on the scales this morning as I have had one amazing World Cup Rugby month! averaging on and a half games a week in London, which entails much drinking and eating! I have always managed to do my 2 fast days a week, and usually done 3 but I was very worried this morning. Ok – I’ve not met my goal of 4lbs but I am thrilled to say I have eliminated 3 and a half, which as far as I am concerned is bloomin amazing! I have now destroyed 23 pounds since the 24th July, a steady drop (after a big start). I am now 11 stone 2 lbs and am so determined to get under 11 before my hubbies 50th birthday weekend on the 21st November so will definitely be joining AH’s Xmas challenge.

It is funny that originally I was going to pledge a six and half pound target for October and then I changed my mind, I am so pleased I did as this was unrealistic and it would have led me to feel failure. But now, whilst I was half a pound off target I am still thrilled, I deliberately did 3 fast days p/w for the last 3 weeks as I knew I was going to be well over my daily allowances on non FDs, so whilst I wasn’t going to lose at a fast rate, I would at least stop any negative gains. I am learning how to control this, at my age (50) I usually gain most weeks, and now I have changed the direction.

Thank you especially to Chipmunk for organising and supporting us so well, but also to everyone else – I cannot believe how hard we all are on ourselves, I think we have all battled the horrible Autumn colds and carb cravings this month, missing the sun, having bad and low days, but we have carried on. I have lost focus a couple of times, gone onto this forum and picked myself back up again, so thank you!!! Those of you who are now near target weight – respect!!! but please dont leave us, keep telling us how you beat the ‘give up’ demons on our shoulder. Went for a long walk today (to the pub!) and my hubby took a photo of me and for the first time in eons I didn’t press the bin it button. My body has changed so much – it still has a long way to go but I now believe I can do this.

Looking forward to the pre-xmas challenge – feeling inspired and ready (after a complete break this weekend watching the rugby with a very nice glass of fizz) not particularly fussed on who wins, just want a great game, and it’s half time now and I am certainly not disappointed! I am also very proud of the way England has hosted the WC, I think the fan support has been wonderful, I have been lucky to have gone to many games, and my son has been to 15! every one of them has been awesome, I shall miss it next week.

Onwards and downwards friends, and if the scales have been unkind, keep your head up and your heart strong (in the words of a favourite musician of mine – Ben Howard)

Hi Chipmunk, posting my poor result for October of a nil loss of my 3 pound pledge. So Phoebe I can commiserate with you! I did briefly drop 2 pounds to 8st 11 but then had a bladder infection and shot up to 9st 4. Since then I lost and returned to the status quo. Looking forward to the Christmas challenge. Thanks so much for leading us this month!

AH just finished watching the Rugby final – bet you’re feeling on top of the world now!

Great game and very well done to the All Blacks. I’m sure there will be lots of celebrations in the Southern Hemisphere .
    I devoured a bag of trail mix and a packet of crisps during the match – silly me, just got caught up in Saturday afternoon on the sofa watching TV,
    Back on track tomorrow. Here’s to a new month and new resolve. TTL

Well we are all fairly excited here in New Zealand – The ABs did it again and we are sooooo proud, especially proud of the way Dan Carter has performed all through the Cup. Fantastic after his injury in 2011 sidelined him.

anyway, just had to say that! I am about to tot up the month (although I know a couple more coming in) for a progress report. Will post it later this morning.

GRRR. I had just written this post then went back a page to check someone’s entry and lost all my typing.

MS OO (aka Olive Oil or a very small US dress size) doesn’t yet need the 5:2. We have let her down a wee bit by reaching 95lb (43kg) out of a pledged 156.8. There are still a couple of people to check in and they will post in the next couple of days, so we may hit 100lb yet.

If I subtract the 21lb pledged by some people who disappeared and didn’t post all month, that is still 45lb short of our collective target.

The undisputed star of the month has to be GL502 with a stunning 12.2lb gone!!

Some missed by just a quarter or half a pound, and let’s face it that is just a trip to the loo! However, some missed by larger margins and so I urge those people (and I include myself) to refocus and plan on hoisting their lard onto Santa’s sleigh by joining ACTION’S seven week Christmas Challenge.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone – I have enjoyed coordinating the group and have found it to be very useful in keeping my own focus. This is the first time I have ever joined an on line chat forum and this is such a friendly supportive group I may never leave. Keep smiling everyone – easy for us in New Zealand today! A little more difficult for Wallabies fans…..

Chipmunk: well done keeping this group focussed and inspired for the month, they can be a handfull sometimes however deep down a very humble and dedicated group who encourage each other to achieve amazing goals.

There is a core group here who will not let the others down and when the going gets tough the encouragement is outstanding and when I read those little meaningfull comments that someone has made then someone else says “thanks for those words of support, they really hit the spot when I needed it the most” we know that there is always someone who is struggling that day and I think “gee, now I know we are all in the same boat with our journey to skinny” and I always feel very humble that I’m part of a group who care for others. Thank you everyone please keep up the great work and I look forward to keeping in touch during November in the Christmas Challenge.

Have a great holiday Chipmunk, send me your October spreadsheet if you are able once it’s complete, Thanks, Mike

Hi Chipmink

had the easiest month sticking to 5:2, averaged 4 fasts a week. Had a trip to Denmark which I was dreading, as I usually pit on up to half a stone. Lost nothing at all the first half of the month, but got back from my break exactly the weight I was before it, and managed to lose the 3 pounds I pledged. So happy to add that to Olive.

Best of of, the 3lb got me to a 3 stone loss!! Im delighted!!

Thanks for all your help keeping my focused, very much appreciated.

Hi Chipmunk

Please accept my apologies for not submitting weekly weight measurements. My fault entirely, not helped by returning to temporary full-time working during the last four weeks. Excuses, excuses I know…. I note I pledged a loss of 5 lbs weight loss in October. My actual weight loss is only 1.5 lbs. I had been doing fairly well up until 20 October, then just seemed to lose the plot!

I would like to join the group starting today (01/11/2015). I will report my weight losses and/or gains(hopefully none!) weekly, as this will make me more accountable and help me stay on track.

I’m on a fast day today (Sunday in Edinburgh) and plan to fast on Tuesday and Thursday. Off to make a big pot of soup now.

All the posts are really helpful, insightful and motivating. Thank you

Hi Chipmunk

Thanks for leading us this month.

My weight seems to be fluctuating a lot at the moment. I was pleased to see 11st 1lb on Friday. However as that was the day after a fast I’ll reluctantly need to report this morning’s weight for the end of the month. It was 11st 4lb again so only 2lbs to give to Ms OO I’m afraid. I think I need to try to gain more control on my non-fast days or add in an extra fast day. Maybe it’s a bit of both!

Have a fabulous holiday in Europe. Italy is my favourite country but especially difficult to avoid over-indulging in. Skipping some meals is probably your best bet if you can.

Hi PICKY P, you are correct that weight does fluctuate before & after FD’s, that’s just the way it works. I always measure my weekly weight result after a FD because I know it will be the best for that week. It also helps by encouraging the results and reinforcing to me that this lifestyle is working.

Your weight graph (if you are keeping a running total) will never be always downwards every weigh in, however over a consistent period it will continue downwards so don’t beat yourself up by seeing little ups and downs each weigh in, look at the big picture, e.g. 31st of the month compared to the 1st of the month and congratulate yourself for those decreases and don’t fret over the daily fluctuations, they will always occur.

How many FD’s are you commiting to for our Christmas Challenge, now’s a good time to plan your next 7 weeks and kick some goals before Christmas

Hello everyone,

My final weigh in for the month was a little disappointing…I weighed in at 66.3kg which is a 2 kilo/2.2 pound loss for the month. So I didn’t quite make my three kilo goal. Never mind, onward and inward!

Thanks for looking after us this month Chipmunk.

Thanks to all the late arrivals.

I have done my best to accurately record but I get confused at times with whether people are telling me a week’s loss or a total loss to date. Sorry to pick on you PICKYPIXIE, but as an example I had you down for 2.0lb during the month then your last post didn’t make it clear to me if your final number was that same 2.0lb or you’d lost another 2.0.

To help AH for the next forum, could everyone please state if it is for just the week or cumulative.

The total I have on the spreadsheet for the month is 98.2lb, so that is a great number in anyone’s book!
    I’ll check back in a day or so and if there are changes I’ll post them on next month’s forum page, coordinated by ACTION for the lead up to Christmas.

If anyone’s lost, the next forum is a November – December challenge and is here

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-november-december-christmas-challenge-lets-load-up-santa/

Hi All
    Firstly – thanks to Chipmunk for the guidance throughout the month and thank you all for your inspiration and encouragement! I’m down 1.5lbs this week which puts my total for the month at 6.5lbs – 0.5lbs off my target. But i’m not gonna beat myself up about that!! Off to India and NZ for 6 weeks now – am going to really try and get fast days in as I feel that I’ve come such a long way and don’t want to ruin it!! I probably won;t be around for the next months challenge – I’ll check in when I get back to the UK mid December. Best of luck to you all x x x

Hi Chipmunk I only lost 2 lbs this month. Although I am disappointed I knew October was going to be very tough with the RWC. We had 2 weekends away and people staying with us another one so actually I am pleased I managed not to gain which I would have done in the past.

Thanks for looking after us this month and have a fab holiday ???

Well done everyone during Rocktober. You may not have reached your pledge, but look at what has gone. Pounds, inches, the risk of diabetes, heart disease, cancer? Please don’t forget that although it’s nice to see the numbers drop on the scales, it’s even more important to know the risk of a horrible illness is much less than when you started. These are the things you don’t see, so don’t give up or complain when the scales don’t behave, just be thankful to have found this way of life to keep you healthy.

Don’t know where that came from, but just wanted to share it with all you lovely losers! TTL
    PS. see you in the next challenge!

See you all on the next page of our journey – thanks again Chipmunk have a lovely holiday.

Drawing a line under October. I think overall there was a little loss but didn’t make my goal at all. From my weigh in last week (27th) that will be my starting point for November/December – I am feeling a little more in control and am almost through my first, proper, fast day today since coming back from London. About to change and do another run. See you all on the other page!

Made it!! Final total 100.67lbs – over and out from Rocktober – all messages now on:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-november-december-christmas-challenge-lets-load-up-santa/

See you there

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the very late post and reporting for October. This month has been crazy with lots of activities and has flown by. I did manage to keep to my 5:2 FD routines (other than 1 week of 6/1) and feel that this has become much more of a WOL for me.

So without further ado, here are my October results
    October 1 weight: 145.2 lbs
    October 30 weight: 143 lbs
    Goal: 4.5 pounds
    Loss: 2.2 pounds

As is typical, I was frustrated by not seeing larger numbers on the scale. But then, I reviewed my accomplishments thus far, which put the weight loss in perspective:
    – I was 22 pound heavier a year ago and 12 pounds heavier on August 1st;
    – For at least the last 2 years, I have had difficulty cracking the 150 to 155 pound range. I am now back firmly in the 140s!
    – My size 6 (US) skinny jeans are loose – I can slip them off without having to unbutton/unzip them.
    – I have been exercising at least 5-days a week and feel healthy and strong. Last week, I comfortably ran 5km at a 5min 21sec per km pace. Back in the summer, I ran a slower 6 mins per km.
    – I completed the 30 day burpee challenge and only missed 5 days. On day 30, I did 100 burpees (5 sets of 20 continuos burpees with 1 minute rest in between).

So only 2 pounds down in October, but gains in my health, muscle definition and making 5:2 part of my everyday existence!! We should be mindful that the scale is only one piece of the overall picture.

See you again in November!! and CONGRATS New Zealand All Blacks fans on your back to back world cup wins!!

Hello everyone,

I reached my Little Voices goal in Sept., so hoping to continue my fasting momentum over to Oct.

I’d like to go for 3 lbs. this month. I know it’s a little low, but I am 5 lbs. away from goal weight, so 3 lbs. for Oct. sounds reasonable to me.

Good luck!
    instagram video downloader
    https://downagram.com/

Viewing 35 posts - 251 through 285 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply.