Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

This topic contains 284 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 285 total)

• CODA – there are days like that and I have decided that unless they start stacking up then don’t worry. IT’s like having a duvet day where you just curl up and shut out the world. Sometimes they are as good for the soul as anything else. Again, the trick is to leave it behind and move on to the next thing and next fast day. I too read the forums when I am feeling like I might go off the rails and find it really helpful. Not just as a distraction but as an inspiration.

MARYW I am truly in awe of your planking. 2.5 is the best I can get without losing form and risking injury!!

We are on the last week little voices. A big push, you can fit in two or more fast days if you want to. You just have to want to!

Who is taking over for November?? Volunteers? Anyone having trouble staying on track – I have found running the month really helps to focus me.

Good luck all – keep shaking it off.

oh oh up 1.4 pound this week.

Hi Chipmunk, Friday morning again, another week, another half kilo to donate, 0.5kg = 1.0lbs. So far this month have donated 2.1kgs 4.5lbs (hopefully I’m in sync with your spreadsheet) means I have to drop 1kg more to beat my goal of 3.0kgs

So with 9 days to go (counting today) looks like there might have to be 3 FD’s plus there’ll be no alcohol Monday to Friday and moderation at weekends. 4.00am Sunday morning is too early for a beer I suppose when the AB’s are playing, might have to be strong long blacks instead

Have a great weekend everyone, lots of Rugby fans will be stuck to their TV’s unless like some on here have tickets to events, lucky people, enjoy the atmosphere…

Hi CODA, couldn’t help myself with this one…. It just had to be shared…

A painter by the name of Murphy, while not a brilliant scholar, was a gifted portrait artist.

Over a short number of years, his fame grew and soon people from all over Ireland were coming to the town of Doolin in County Clare, to get him to paint their likenesses.

One day, a beautiful young English woman arrived at his house in a stretch limo and asked if he would paint her in the nude.

This being the first time anyone had made such a request he was a bit perturbed, particularly when the woman told him that money was no object; in fact, and she was willing to pay up to £10,000.

Not wanting to get into any marital strife, he asked her to wait while he went into the house to confer with Mary, his wife.

In a few minutes he returned.

“T’would be me pleasure to paint yer portrait, missus,” he said “The wife says it’s okay. I’ll paint you in the nude all right; but I have to at least leave me socks on, so I have a place to wipe me brushes.”

Got to love the Irish…..

Afternoon All
    Is it Friday again already?! With my final week in Oz around the corner – I have 1lb to add to my total this week. By my reckoning I’m 5 down with 2 to go to hit my target for the end of the month, holiday and going back to good old England!! Planning 3 fast days next week and have a couple of sessions with a personal trainer scheduled in to really get those pounds shifted!
    Still on with the plank I’m on 3 minutes – MARYW I know what you mean by time dragging – 3.5 seems like a million miles away! Well done you! Can also do 16 push ups to which I’m might proud of!!
    Clothes shopping last week was a blast – being able to pick all size 10’s just off the rack was a real buzz! Especially when in some shops that was too big!!
    I’m really looking forward to wedding dress shopping now when I get back to the UK! Hopefully by then I’ll be really close if not at my goal weight!
    Have a great weekend everyone – wishing you all a triumphant last Rocktober week.
    Em x

Hello Everyone,

Sorry not been visible recently and haven’t posted my weigh in for this week. I put on a 1lb. I’m not surprised but still disappointed. I was ill last week and I just didn’t have the resolve to resist carbs. I felt like my body needed something more substantial to help fight my cold.

My cold has gone but I’ve been very busy this week at work so I haven’t read all postings. Hopefully I will catch up this weekend as I was away last weekend.

I’ve missed reading the postings each day. It really does help.

I would be interested in any tips anyone may have in keeping on track if you have a cold. I don’t normally get colds but I don’t want to be caught out again. I usually cook everything from scratch but because I was ill, I didn’t feel like it.

Thank you,

Hi Chipmunk and all

Five days away in Dublin resulted in a five pound weight gain! I’ve done two fast days since I’ve been back and thankfully it’s all gone now. I didn’t go too crazy food wise although I did have the odd carb which I’ve been avoiding for a while. I think the carbs plus a bit too much alcohol resulted in quite a bit of water retention.

So my total loss for the month to date remains at 2 pounds. I’m planning to ADF for the rest of the month to see if I can still make my goal.

GoldenSun – It’s tough trying to fast and avoid carbs when you’re unwell. When I did that last month I found that my cold was much worse than normal and lasted longer. You were probably right to just listen to what your body needed. I’m sure that pound will come off pretty quickly now that you’re feeling better.

Boglett – Congratulations on achieving size 10. I can but dream…

I didn’t even have to go away to gain this week. Just 1/2 lb, but getting soooo difficult now I’m near my target. We had friends for a long lunch and I cooked a ‘healthy’ meal for them. Just ate too much again, and the wine flowed! Repeat performance next day ( I hate wasting food!) hence the increase. The annoying thing is, I felt awful afterwards, and yet more sleepless nights!
    Just one week left now to ditch my final 3/4 lb to get to my pledge . May have to add another fast day and a bit more exercise to get there, but am determined. My body shape is def changing, and now even the size 12’s are becoming a bit loose! It will be interesting to see if I have lost inches at the end of the month. In the meantime, no more carbs, no more wine, and more movement is my mantra for the final week.
    Think we might be joining you all on the couch for the rugby this weekend – grapes and herbal tea, no beer and potato chips! Go for it the All Blacks! (Aren’t you just proud of me Action?). TTL

Hi Chipmunk, I’ve managed to donate 2.8kg to Ms 00 this past fortnight. I don’t know if I will manage the last 1.2kg by the end of next week, but I can give it a try.
    I imagine the beer tonight will not help my cause, but I only had two.
    Good luck to everyone for the final week. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Another loss of 300grams or 10 1/2 ozs. With the extremes in the weather (scorchers and frosts) plus an emotional week where I lost my head space I feel fortunate to have even lost this amount. I have managed to have completed some unfinished jobs and I can feel the sense of relief from getting them done.

Great job everyone.
    Another 0.9lb off. Total so far this month is 4.1lb.
    I decided to move my weigh day to Saturday so I can get one more weigh in for October. I am hoping this strategy will keep me focussed and away from all the sugar. There are cakes, cookies and Halloween candy (sweets) every where right now. Living in the US is a nightmare from October to Jan ( for those of us with a sweet tooth). October is candy month, and then people seem move into the holiday feasting of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. At least in England it was only the two weeks around Christmas and New Year.

Great game Action… Think I’ve lost 5 lbs just with pure adrenalin …. And I’m not really a rugby fan! Had my winners treat of a meringue before the game even started! Think I may have to have a glass of wine to celebrate with dinner. South African wine I’m afraid!!!
    Have a great weekend everyone. TTL

Hi TTL, well it’s Sunday afternoon here now, almost 12 hours since kick off, we had a massive celebration last night with family and friends, a huge BBQ with heaps of trimmings, too many beers and wines then 80 minutes of tigyt semi final rugby. A totally different game from last week, very tense and the AB’s came through. Another late night tonight when we’ll watch the Argies play Oz, this could be a great game, both sides play an open game, not like Sth Africa who were intent on slowing everything down.

Anyway we have one hand on the RWC, and whoever we play in the final the whole of NZ is looking forward to a great contest

Have to say it was a fantastic game, and well worth your celebrations afterwards. Situations like this cry out for beer and carbs! We’ll be watching today’s match too, but I will pass on the meringue today, just stick with the wine! Up 1/2 lb from yesterday – doesn’t take much does it? TTL

You are dead right TTL, it doesn’t take much. I’ve consumed more calories over this weekend than I managed to burn in nervous energy in the early hours watching the All Blacks squeak by South Africa.

I’ll record everyone’s losses and gains tomorrow when I am home again and have the spreadsheet. Pleased so many are still focussing on the good days and getting results. Well done. The rest of us, let’s get stuck in!

Who’s taking the reins for November?

Good game yesterday but felt the Walabies always had the edge. Shaping up for some match at the weekend. My money is on you guys, simply because you do an awesome Haka! Final week to unload those creeping pounds – who have we got lined up to take over November. Can I nominate MaryWWriter. She has such a way with words and will hopefully ease us into the Christmas festivities with wisdom!
    I’m not eating anything till dinner tonight. Have been on the rebounder this morning, so going all out to unload my gain this week and hopefully achieve my pledge. Good luck everyone..v TTL

Hi everyone, sorry for being awol this month. I have lost one pound this last week. This is shocking because I was away on a girls week then came home to my daughters birthday and then party on the weekend. Needless to say between thanksgiving and birthdays and now Halloween I am slacking on my goals. Currently on a fast day and struggling a little. Still holding strong so far. Great job on reading the posts. Everyone seems to be doing so well. I did buy a great new dress for a Christmas party so my motivation is up. Good luck on the rest of the month everyone. Hopefully everyone meets there goals.

Well, I’ve lost the 1lb I put on last week which means I’ve had lost or gained this month so far.

I’m not sure I will achieve my goal this month but I’m hoping for some loss by the end of the month.

I only have about 4-5 lbs to lose and it seems, from readings some postings, that the last few pounds are a little bit more tricky to drop. I’m hoping that by December, January at the latest, I have achieved my goal.

Hello Everyone

It’s Tuesday morning in the UK and I’m feeling enthused about the 5:2 again. I think because of the success I’ve had and feeling good with less weight, I’ve slowly become complacent. Although I have lost the 1lb gained from my week of a cold, I know deep down that I could have made wiser choices that week. I’m not berating myself, it’s something I’ve come to realise and it’s a lesson learned.

Last night, out of curiosity I read some new forums and I recognised their enthusiasm as well as their difficulties with starting this WOE. The initial difficulties have disappeared for me but has been replaced with some complacency and less enthusiasm.

So I’m pretending that I’ve just started the 5:2 WOE because I’m not happy with the weight I’m carrying (which is slightly true) and I’m stating that I want to lose 5lbs.

The next 2 months will be challenging because of the time of year but it is possible to achieve my goal.

Thank you everyone.

Hi Chipmunk

Minus 1 1/2 lbs yippee!

Hi everyone i am back from my weekend in London. It was 50/50 with some good choices, some not so good but lots of walking and a lovely time away. Just catching up here! Doesn’t take much for the fat cells to remember, does it, or the cravings to return! However after reading through the posts I feel more confident in sticking to a fast day today and getting back on track, as others have confirmed. Thanks for the laugh AH! Yes Goldensun I agree with complacency creeping in cus when you get a rush of enthusiasm it is amazing what you can achieve. You are right chipmunk as long as it is only the exception and not the rule, a day or even a weekend, slightly off the rails won’t matter in the bigger picture, as long as I get back on track as soon as possible.

Definitely yoyoing this week. Went over 9 St 8lbs after the weekend, fasted yesterday (good one) and am back to where I started aT 9st 6 3/4lb. Just that final pesky 3/4 to ditch before Sunday. I have no excuses this week, no visitors, no trips away, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!!
    So glad you have found your resolve, Goldensun. It’s so easy to get disheartened and forget just how far we have come, but remember this is a way of life, not just about losing weight, so go easy on yourself and keep doing the fasting, everything else will fall into place given time. We all forget how long it took us to accumulate these pounds, they won’t disappear overnight. But as long as they disappear, does it matter how long it takes? Good luck this week everyone, final push for Rocktober. TTL

Down a pound this week!
    Obviously have NOT reached my overly ambitious goal of 6 pounds.
    Over and out.
    Will try again in November with a much lower goal.
    Good luck everyone and happy fasting!

PS
    Chipmunk, you fave done such a wonderful job these last 2 months, I would love to see you carry on.
    Is it a lot of work? You need a break if it is but if it isn’t………

Phew!! I have been away for a few days and just caught up on all the posts and logged the losses received so far. Because people have various weigh dates the weeks don’t always match up but there still seem to be quite a few people who haven’t logged in.

For a final bit of motivation…….we had 152lbs pledged at the beginning of Rocktober and I have logged 77.15lb so I am really hoping some of us are having a big finish!! There are 4 days left so how about a couple of days of alternate day?

The 5:2 heros this month so far are GL502 with a stunning 9.25lb reduction so far (I trust I have got that wrong GL) followed by FOOMSY at 6.8. Some amazing effort there you two and excellent resolve being demonstrated. MAMIEMUSE, BOGLETT, SOONTOBE and T2BITHA also rocking it.

I had a big holiday weekend and indulged myself excessively in fun, food, wine and celebrations. So, taking my own good advice(!) I am back to back fasting today and tomorrow so the over indulging “what the heck” attidude doesn’t take hold!

Thanks for your kind words PJBR (and ACTION HERO was my very worthy predecessor in September) but I am unable to do carry on in November – I am taking off to the Northern Hemisphere on a wee trip to London and Florence for a good part of the month. Yippee!

MARYW you were nominated, are you willing??

GOLDENSUN – you are so right. It seems to closer we get to goal the more leeway we allow ourselves, almost forgetting what it was that motivated us in the first place.

I would suggest that most, if not all, of us have fallen into that trap in previous efforts in dieting and weight reduction. We lose the weight, relax, lose concentration, gain the weight.

That’s why we need to change our mindset to seeing 5:2 as our new way of living from here on. It is easy to say it – we all say it – it’s a lot more difficult to do it. The struggle continues…..

OK YOU CHUBBY LOT, we can’t let this Group disappear so who’s game for a 6 WEEK CHALLENGE for November/December as a run up to Christmas. From 1 November to 13 December inclusive, that’s 43 days and everyone has to commit to a minimum of 15 Fast Days within those 43 days, that’s only 3 extra FD’s over the 6 weeks but think what that will mean to the old waist line for Christmas?

I’m prepared to look after the Group again over this period and Crack the Whip again for those who need a little bit of pain to achieve their goals. There will be a couple of rules to observe, one is to prepare a 6 week Fast Day Calendar where you pre plan and keep track of your FD’s to ensure the 15 fasts are completed. We will report in each week as usual, with a running total towards our Christmas goals.

Now I realise this might not be suitable for everyone, those close to their desired goal weight need not be as strict as others and that’s OK, you can still lurk around and report in as you want to however for people like me who want to reach a specific Christmas goal then let’s keep everyone accountable and responsible for our actions to reach our new skinny self image.

Let’s know your thoughts….. even if we have a small group we can make it work for those serious about a Skinny Christmas present for ourselves and our family. Cheers, Mike

I’m sure you’ll get a good group as I think there are a few Little Voices who love it when you come over all masterful Mike!! It think you should call it the Christmas Crackers and donate the lbs to Santa as he always needs a few extra ho ho hos.

As I will be on hols in the land of delicious foods (that’d be Italy, not England), I will think about whether I can realistically commit and let you know before 1 November.

Hi AH count me in! I will use one of your blank calendars and mark in my fd’s with 3 extra slotted in and any special events during that time. I need something to get my focus! Do you need to know details of the extra fd’s or anything?

Seeing it’s you CODA I will need to know EVERY detail so you don’t cheat yourself 🙂

As well as Chocolate fish this challenge there will also be punishments to be dished out for those who misbehave (my middle name is “Christian”) 🙂

Everyone still game ???

Wow AH, you aren’t leaving any “Grey” areas are you??

AH I think that’s a brilliant idea and thanks so much for leading us again at this crucial point of the year. I will be joining once you set it up.

Chipmunk, yesterday I posted my 4 week review but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. Luckily I had a copy in Notes so posting it again:

I am on yet another plateau – still 8.13. I shouldn’t complain as there are many folks who would just love to weigh that ! By plateau I mean this seems to be the base weight for the month – started there Oct 1 and today, official weigh-in, 8.13 again – but in between I have ranged from 8.11 to 9.4 which is half a stone fluctuation! My ‘vital’ measurements (dress size 12) have stayed the same since I was 9st6 in May – the 7 pounds lost since then have obviously come off my arms, legs … even my feet! This all leads me to reconfirm my need to get to 8st7 to accommodate the fluctuations and get the flab off my middle. I have now only 4 days to shave something off my 3 pound Oct pledge – intend doing b2b fasts Wed/Thurs. Up

Hi Action Hero,

I won’t be joining this challenge as I aim to be at goal. I will be watching from the side lines to see how you are all doing and work on trying to figure out how to maintain especially around the holidays. I will probably keep to 5:2 to maintain.

Chipmunk, I will send my final weigh in for the month Sat ( which I think is Sun for you).

Keep going on the Rocktober challenge. There are a few days left:)

Hello.

I’m so sorry. I couldn’t really do Rocktober…. the holiday and then a very weird work schedule has knocked me off course.

Don’t want to get sad and weary…so….

I would very much like to join the Fast Til Xmas. Please.

Ms M.

Hi everyone, I’ve been away ages, but have just caught up with this thread. I’m sorry I missed this, but if anyone is starting a November thread, I’d love to join the Little Voices again 🙂 Hope everyones’s okay out there 🙂 I missed you! xx

Hi Chipmumk I will post my total (hopefully) reduction for October at the weekend as it is the end of the month.

AH I will join the Christmas Challenge but will probably have a bit of difficulty with doing the extra 3 fasts by 13 December as I am away for 10 days in November on a business trip and then away for a long weekend at the end of the month. I could probably do it if it was up to 21 December! Anyway put me down and I am prepared to take whatever punishment you dole out should I fail!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Will you be starting a new thread for this?

Ok Mike, Action Hero,
    I am in for the Christmas Challenge.
    I hope to get to below 160 lbs by that time.

Yeah Action – what a good idea. I will definitely join you for this challenge. I will be looking at a pound a week to unload, this will get me to my 9 stone target, and if there is a little more disappears to give me a bit of Christmas wriggle room, that would be fantastic. Thanks so much for taking us all on again, you are brave! I do note there are punishments involved though, just hope the suggestion of Chipmunks ‘grey areas’ are not part of the punishments! Lol!

Tomorrow will be my last fast day of the month so will let you have my results on Friday Chipmunk. Thanks so much for your words of wisdom during Rocktober, and here’s hoping we can all finish on a high, low!!!
    TTL

As predicted ACTION they are lining up to join you. I’m still thinking about it….

DRAGONFLY – read ACTION’S post above (the one cheekily starting OK YOU CHUBBY LOT) re the 6 weeks to Christmas challenge – he will set up a new post page soon so you can join again then.

Thanks everyone for checking in – I’ll look forward to a busy weekend totting up totals of lumpy lard to pad out MSOO.

After my long weekend of indulgence and a fast day yesterday, a sneaky weigh in this morning shows no harm done! I must not have been as indulgent as I thought I was. Another fast day today (my first go at back to back) and I should have another reduction to post by Sunday.

Hi Everyone, two days to go before end of month, will they be two Fast Days just to meet your goal, they can you know if you really want that result.

Our Christmas Forum has been set up for this Group and anyone who wants to keep involved or anyone new who can contribute to this amazing group sign in and I’ll add you to the List

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-november-december-christmas-challenge-lets-load-up-santa/

In the mean time keep the results coming in for CHIPMUNK’s end of month total and we’ll make her proud on the good work she has done for us this month.

I may well be on track to achieve my goal this month. I’m at a Conference today and tomorrow and staying overnight in a hotel. So, I’m fasting until the dinner tonight and I was pondering if I could resist the breakfast tomorrow. I decided that I will and will make my own lovely English breakfast as a reward in November 🙂 so everything crossed 🙂

A big thank you to CHIPMUNK for keeping us on track this month. It is very much appreciated. Hopefully, I will do you proud!!!

Hi everyone – I’m going away for a couple of days so I’ll do my final check in on Monday the 2nd, hope that’s okay…

Hi all and well done to everyone so far.
    I’m posting my End of Month today because Saturday is my guaranteed ‘gain 2kg’ day.
    I’m donating another 1.3kg this week. That brings my total to 4.1kg, I beat the target. Woohoo!
    Ms.00 is going to be a very unhealthy lady by the time we’ve done with her.

ACTION HERO – I would like to join the November group, but I will need to jump in after a few days have passed. Will this be ok?
    Also, would like to suggest donating the lbs to the reindeer, they’ll burn them all off again with their Xmas Eve workout.I’m feeling bad about the amount we’ve piled on Ms.00 this month, the way she’s going she’ll be joining the 5:2 plan.

With two days left, good luck to everyone else!

Hi all just a quick feedback will be posting my last loss for the month of October on Saturday morning. Looking forward to the November – December accountability

Hi all – I am afraid I am with Ms Marple, Rocktober was not a good month for me – sorry guys and really sorry Chipmunk – you had such faith in me and and I let you down. You were so kind to keep track for all of us, providing words of encouragement when needed. I am really struggling to get back on track at the moment. That evil self destruction button is stuck down at present. A bit stressed at work which is not helping but I have been starting the day resolved to fast and then it goes to pot! I can make all the excuses under the sun – weekend in London, wedding evening reception (all those little sweetie jars they have now)and as I had not eaten all day I went to town! I am trying at the moment to get my mind into gear and go for a run – really not in the mood but know if I can I will feel better and it may just be what I need to restart myself. Just have to keep going – one foot in front of the other – no one can do it for me – if it is to be it is up to me!

I have however already marked my November and December calendar with my usual fast days Tuesday and Wednesdays (12) just need to mark those extra 3 and I will tell you AH what days they are! With your alias and you being so keen to whip everyone into shape I am getting a picture in my mind but not sure if it should be censored lol!

How does anyone else cope when the mind is just not on the end game at all and fighting you every step of the way. What about those who are at or are nearly at their goal – what were your coping strategies? Some lucky people seem to have lost weight really quickly (to me anyway) at this rate of going I will be doing this forever oops isn’t that the plan?

Will just have to write this month off and start afresh – going to get my trainers on now and go for that run!

Done it – ran/jog for 28 mins with a 5 minute walk at the beginning and the end!
    Why do we do it to ourselves – well why do I do it to myself – I have felt heavy and bloated when off the plan and feel so much better when I stick to it yet why do we/I self sabotage? why when I know how much better I feel is it so difficult to get back on track – questions, questions?

The run felt a little harder as I missed 2 sessions making my way to and from London so will do week 8 over again – run 1 done, 2 more to do and then the final week when I run for 30 mins. I should take a leaf from Robert the Bruce when he watched the spider – try and try again – so I will just keep trying and trying!

Well done CODA -I am proud of your for “screwing your courage to the sticking point” (shades of Lady MacBeth) and getting your running shoes on and GOING!! The next one will be so much easier. I have no answers for why we self sabotage. There are very few people who are perfect. Perhaps we subconsciously know that when we reach goal it won’t be the solution to all our problems. It will just be one of the things in a list that we all need to work on to really like ourselves and be happy with the people we are. You’ve taken the first step (literally) back on track so you are on your way to a healthier and fitter you.

As we say here in Kiwiland – Kia kaha (stay strong)

MAMIEMUSE – you are a star!! And you only joined half way through the month and have dropped 4.1kg (thats 9lb everyone!) – excellent effort.

CODA Go back and find a couple of posts in our past Forums about the PAIN and the PLEASURE for doing things. If you can find a real, real reward for yourself to reach those little goals, something that will really mean the most to you when you achieve it, then this usually fixes the reasons to self sabotage. One way to get there is set a whole lot of little goals, maybe even half pound goals that make up a grand goal of say three or four pounds, it’s all about “how to eat an elephant”, little bits at a time….

However we are all human and we do slip up, don’t beat yourself up, acknowledge that it has happened, feel grumpy for a few minutes and then move on, get over it and resolve it won’t happen so easily again. Make the Pleasure of goal attainment more real in your mind, make the PAIN of not achieving that goal real as well, then just do it, because you can.

Thanks Chipmunk and AH 🙂 and Nite Nite – tomorrow is another day!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply.