Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

This topic contains 284 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 285 total)

• RUNNING: Do you practice your Moose Calls for when you are out hunting like we practice our Duck Calls here in NZ ??? Just wondering….

And, AH, don’t forget we (not me) practice deer roaring here for deer hunting. The pics were so funny, and I have to say so American, but I wasn’t so keen on the ones of the giraffe and lion (shades of Cecil methinks). Don’t mind hunting for food, but “sport”?

Anyway, MAMIEMUSE welcome along – let us know your goal for the month and I will add it to the list.

PK – congrats and all the best for baby PK. Even more important than ever to be fit and healthy. Good luck.

MSMARPLE – welcome back! I thought you’d run off with a swarthy Mediterranean hunk……

I have logged the losses (and odd gain) so far but still quite a few to come in. Personally, I have had an up and down week. The doc has put me on diuretics for blood pressure which mean I’m wee-ing a lot but it is holding up all the other works so I think there is weight “in transit”!! (insert emoticon of grimace!) Sorry if that’s too much information.

Let me know your wonderful reductions, I’m keen to hear stories of success and triumph please!

MSMARPLE what’s your goal for the month??

Runningnorth – its a different world – but in a good way – the way you describe it I have in my mind some of the westerns i used to watch and love especially when they were living in the mountains trapping. Must be a very healthy way of life ie the meat is grass fed and natural. So glad to hear it is for food and not just for sport – very impressed! Is it not getting very cold up your neck of the woods?

Posting my results for Week 2 – sorry Chipmunk for not posting last week but I put on a pound so didn’t feel up to broadcasting my poor result. However, I have now lost that pound and nett result for the two weeks is I am still 8 st 13 with no gain/loss. This means I have two weeks to lose my 3 pledged pounds which is a big ask for me now my weight loss rate has slowed down to about 1/4 to 1/2 pound a week! However I shall plug away at it!!

PK – Many congrats on your good news – is this a first baby for you?

TTL – size 12!! You must be thrilled! I am very envious of your Cromlix Hotel lunch – you must tell me all about it when we next meet.

Runningnorth – A very interesting post about your part of the world. Is moose the same as venison? I should imagine it is low fat and cals? I love venison – steaks, stews and sausages – and great for a FD meal!

MaryW – interesting to hear about Canadian Thanksgiving. This forum is not only inspirational but educational!

AH – don’t think I will be tempted by the melting ice cream – with our weather at almost freezing this morning and thick fog, ice cream (melting or otherwise) just doesn’t do it for me right now!

Here’s to a good third week everybody! Up

So far 5 lbs!

I think it is amazing in this forum how we learn of different countries and their traditions and way of life – we are inclined to live in our own wee bubble – not realising there are others in all different corners of the world with exactly the same goal – to loose weight and how this forum brings us all together.

We have a harvest thanksgiving in Northern Ireland but it is generally only celebrated in churches when they are decorated with fruit and flowers (the bounty of the harvest). We don’t have a thanksgiving tradition of dinners and celebrations at home.

Up and others well done to you who are near their target for sticking with the plan and us – please don’t feel bad about posting a small gain (look at the bigger picture you have a great overall result – be very proud). We will know what to expect when we are in that position (April/May next year hopefully for me)and through your great example we will also keep plugging away.

Hi Chipmunk

Pleased to report another 0.7kg (1.50lbs) donated for the week so I’m still on track, my liquid diet seems to be working !!!

Keep up the great work everyone, this is the middle of the month so how are you tracking for your monthly goal, if it’s 50% that’s great, if it’s only 40% or less then that means scheduling an additional FD into the next 15 days. Plan that now into your diary around your known work and social activities rather than making the decision “on the day”. I use a blank monthly calendar downloaded off a web site:

http://www.calendarlabs.com/blank-calendar.php

Download one and print it out, a simple blank month allows you to map out your FD’s for the month in advance around your known activities then stick it on the Kitchen Fridge. It’s there for everyone to see and it’s one way to stay accountable to your family who know what you are eating for the day. Plus it sets you up knowing well in advance what days you are planning your fasts and they become easier in your new WOL. I find this system helps me a lot, trust it helps you.

Take care everyone keep up the great results

Hi chipmunk and all

I’m afraid I’ve nothing to add to last week’s loss. I’m still technically on track for my monthly goal having achieved 50% last week. However I am now enjoying my long weekend in Dublin and I’ve already succumbed to an Irish coffee. Had to be done!

Thank you Action Hero for the info on the calendar pages. Will help for sure.

Evening all, its a 6.82lbs (3.1kg) gift to MsOO from me. Lets all keep going for the next 2weeks.

Some steady results coming in – great work everyone. I just need to check a couple of things please so I am not misrecording.

FOOMSY and PJBR – both with great results. I haven’t recorded anything for either of you last week so is that a two week number for each of you?

PICKY – I recorded 2lb for you last week so technically your are 2/3 of the way there even with a steadystate this week! Perhaps refocus again next week and see a good result.

ACTION – thanks for that – I had been making mine up by hand so that is a help!
    And great advice to all as always. Thanks

Hi All,

Just completed my 2nd fast day this week. Yes, I survived another donut day at work. I have to admit I was tempted, however I did not give in. Next weigh in for me is Sunday (USA) . I hope you are all having a good week. There are some great losses this week so far. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Chipmunk,

I restarted on Monday @ 90.2kg and I’m hoping to lose 4kg by the end of the month.
    I know it sounds steep, but I can aim high and find my rhythm again.

Cheers

Hi all,
    Nil to add to Miss OO this week, I’m afraid. Weekends are my downfall, so starting TODAY, I am not going to reward myself for surviving the week like I usually do! Rocking well in the exercise front, though I had to defer the fast strength until next week. I am walking or jogging everyday however. Resolve firm. Just do it!!

Gosh we’re all so hard on ourselves sometimes aren’t we?….. I was about to say (in a downhearted voice) sorry I can only report a loss of just 1 and half pounds this week, until I read my post from last week which reported a loss of half a pound, which means I have managed to donate 2 lbs so far this month. I started feeling this way as I had originally thought of setting myself a month target of 6 and half pounds which realistically was too much – now I know I’m not going to get under 11 stone by the end of the month (which was a little dream I had) but I am going to get nearer and nearer… my actual pledge was for 4lbs and I think I should be able to get there. I find fast days easy, it’s the ones in between that can cause problems…. Just need to cut back on the wine, which always leads to nibbles and then carb cravings, then again, I have reported a steady decrease in weight since starting this back in July, and I am aware that at the ripe old age of 50 if we deny the things that give us pleasure we set ourselves up to fail, so it’s important to allow ourselves a little of what we fancy, but I guess the word LITTLE is important 😉 lol. Good luck to all those yet to weigh in and don’t be hard on yourselves if the scales aren’t in a good mood. Off to the gym now for my third spinning class this week – have a great weekend everyone x

Hi Chipmunk

I have lost 2 lb so far this month but my goal for October is 4 lb.

Thanks

Coda – thanks for your sound advice. I have your “little voice” in my head – or should that be your “wee Norn Iron voice”? I really needed reminding of how far I have come on this journey since January and that it has been helped mainly by people like yourself and all the other wonderful characters on this fantastic global forum. I would never have thought 9 months ago I would enter into such an environment – always hated the idea of on-line chats or worse-still slimming clubs where you sit around and applaud everyone’s achievements – but this forum is different! – We can’t physically see our “fasting friends” (apart from the few uploaded images) but have mental pictures of all and can imagine their little voices … and we can all get our say-ins as and when suits us. Isn’t this just fantastic!!!?

I have reached a new place and must now be not only proud but take responsibility for my achievements and pass on my experiences of reaching/going beyond goal and how I am coping in this new place.

Hopefully Coda when you reach goal in April/May you can join me (and lots of other Little Voices) in the mysterious world of giving advice on Maintenance ! … Now there’s a future Little Voices Challenge!!
    Up

Hi Chipmunk, sorry can’t add anything to ms00 this week. Had a week of rich celebration foods and managed to pile the weight on, but delighted to say it has all come off again, so back to 9st 6 1/4 lbs. just a 1/4 lb off my pledge for the month, and still 2 weeks to go, so hoping I can achieve that and a bit more by the end of the month. As Lifesabeach says, it’s very easy to be hard on yourself when the scales don’t perform, but we are all reducing, and in the long run, that is what this WOL is about. Have a good weekend all. TTL

Up – glad to be off help (said in my best Norn Iron accent lol)I have been round them all – Weight Watchers, slimming World, Unislim but have never found the support from these groups as I have found here – as I had read about 5:2 I went on the website mainly to have a look not thinking of joining a forum at all – maybe use the tracker but when I had a look, little voices jumped out and it just seemed right to tentatively jump in and ask could I join the group. I don’t really bother much with face book etc and apart from the rugby topic I haven’t really looked at any other topic on here either – this just seemed to fit the bill and it feels comfortable. No pressure just friendly advice and support.

Which brings me to my next question – going to visit my son in London next weekend. Want to obviously enjoy it but I don’t want to blow any progress either! Nervously concerned I will enter holiday mode and say to hell with it, any advice appreciated on coping strategies. Am planning to be very good this coming week and will get my usual 2 fast days in before I go with one planned on the Monday we return – with travelling that should be ok. It is the meals out Friday, Saturday and Sunday – will I be strong enough to resist?

Yes Chipmunk I was away for the first week in October.

Morning all,
    @Chipmunk test you are correct its for the 2week, i only weigh twice a month 15th and 30/31. Just something i started in September. I pledged 6lbs for the month so if i do lose againat the end of the month it will be a bonus. Last month i lost (3.3kg) middle of the month and end of the month stayed the same. So here hoping….

@lifesabeach26 – well said

@coda – coping strategies for a weekend in London – treat it as a mini break and just do the best you can – try and eat low calories/carb in the day and then have a splash in the evening i would go for mainly meat/fish and then lots of veg and obviously have a decadent dessert.(ooh i love chocolate) except if you do not eat meat or fish then cheese and veg :). Not to worry too much you will be fine and make sure you enjoy yourself its an occasion to enjoy albeit wisely and prepared. Whereabouts in London will you be visiting?

Hi Chipmunk, sorry – I did not post…. partly the lovely post-Thanksgiving turkey etc swelling …. but sooo delicious, and yes to yams Mary 🙂 [I love the fact it occurs in mid October, leaving over two months before the next turkey feast at Xmas] and when I had my delayed fast day Tues thus weighing Wedn I just returned to same as week before, so a net change of zero. However, scales dropping today so should have a pleasing number to contribute next week! I am a daily weigher out of curiosity and to keep me in line, but only record the Tues weight.
    ps I don’t need to hunt for moose — they voluntarily saunter past my back yard, [a green belt runs behind my back fence] along with bears, deer, fox, and the occasional adorable chipmunk!!

Morning All!
    Reporting a 3lb loss this week and absolutely thrilled to now be under 10st and well on my way to my 7lb target for this month! Im up to 2 mins on the plank challenge and can now do 12 real push ups (i could barely do 1 before i started the challenge!) Off to reward myself with some new clothes today! All the best to everyone for the coming week xxxx

Another donation to MsOO 1.2 kg same as last week. Still hitting PB’s.

It must e somethings the air – quite a few wee plateaus this week but also some steady losses coming in.

PICKYPIXIE sorry, I had your goal mis-noted on the sheet as 3 so I’ve corrected it.

UP and CODA so true about forum support, esp this forum! I too am only on the rugby one and don’t need others as I get great inspiration and support from here. I never thought I’d join in on something like this it. If anyone out there is lurking, I recommend joining. It keeps me honest.

BOGLETT if you are still coming to NZ next month I have to apologose as I won’t be here to show you around now. Got a last minute ticket to London so am going to Florence – my love of Renaissance art coming through! Btw good going on the result this week, you’re really on a roll.

You too GL502, a steady and good result each week. An inspiration.

Getting ready for the 8am NZtime kick off now….?

My aim is to lose 4 lbs this month.

Have lost 1 lb since sly weigh in.

Am under 10 stone…just so on my way to 9 and a 1/2

Good Luck all

Mx

Foomsy -staying in the Kilburn area, thanks for advice, sounds like a plan!

Hey Chipmunk! Yes still coming to NZ we are very excited!! Shame you wont be around but sounds like you’re in for a treat! Enjoy Florence! I loved it there – the food, the people and the amazing art and architecture! I hope you have a wonderful time!! X

Hi all, its great reading about your progress.

Is it too late to join in the October Challenge?

Goal for October was 2.5kg down, which will put me at the weight I was in June before I went on holidays to UK.

I started off 2 Oct at 89.4 kg
    9 Oct loss of 1.7kg
    16 Oct gain of 0.7kg

have had a badly sprained ankle this last week (opps dancing in heels last Friday) that has stopped me from my usual running/walking so I think that, plus my lack of planning of meals helped it creep back up a bit.

Back today with a 3 km walk, and planning on joining the gym next week. Also did 3 fasts this week (my sneaky weigh in today shows another small loss!)

I may be on a wee plateau but something is definitely happening to my body!
    Getting dressed this morning. ” hmmm… Those new jeans I bought a month ago are now hanging on my hips! Can’t wear those anymore! I’ll try my expensive old jeans on which I’ve hardly worn cause I can’t get them up my legs……….yeah – they fit!!!
    Can’t quite tuck a shirt in them yet, but am wearing them and they are comfy!
    BTW Upagumtree – also found a good pair of tailor made trousers I have had for years. Like new – guess what – size 10!!! Could I eventually get in them ? I’ll give it a try, but if I don’t make it, maybe they will fit you.
    We’ll see what happens next time we meet up.
    Feeling great today, long may it continue………
    Have a great carbo free weekend everyone. TTL
    PS. GREAT RUGBY YESTERDAY. COME ON SCOTLAND,

Hi Chipmunk,
    Down 2lbs this week.
    Total lost for month 3.2 lbs (with an up and down again in the middle).
    Happy fasting everyone.

Welcome T2BITHA – join anytime, just bring a good intent and have fun chatting to the other little voices.

I’ve been away so have just updated the spreadsheet (will weigh in myself tomorrow) and am still missing a few week two updates (and some week one!) Don’t be discouraged from reporting even if it is a gain. The point is to examine your week and what may have gotten in the way of your success, and work out how to over come the barrier. Just don’t beat yourself up!

At the moment GL502 is our golden girl with, if my spreadsheet entering is correct which we know it sometimes isn’t, with 8.5 lbs (on a pledge of 3kg or 6.5lb)! GL502 would you like to share with us anything you are finding works well for you?

Those of us still in the Rugby World Cup (sorry England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland) must be burning calories in excitement energy!

Hi Chipmunk I wasn’t able to weigh in last week and won’t be here this week either so I will just post my total for the month at the end of October

Hope you are still enjoying the rugby!!!!

Chipmunk, you rock!!!!
    You are taking care of us all and keeping us on track.
    Love ya!

JFITZY I am kind of enjoying the rugby, but it’s getting to the tense bit with, as you know, one game between you and going home. Not good for my blood pressure!

Thanks PJBR I’m trying.

Good news for the skinny Ms OO this morning as she gets another kg on her bony frame. Down 1 kg (2.2lb) and have broken through 73 kg which, in the past seems to have been some kind of evil signal to relax my vigilance. Then, of course, guess what? A sneaky gain. So, not this time. It will be particularly challenging as there’s a long weekend ahead and so far I count two brunches, two dinners, a 70th birthday party, a day at the races and a celebration lunch! Am planning an extra fast day.

Have a good week all.

Well done Chipmunk, your planning for the days coming up are really good. Life is too short to not enjoy social engagements and holiday opportunities however with a little bit of planning we can do both and not have to endure the consequences of losing ground on all the hard work put in leading up to “the next week”

Last evening we had a small family birthday celebration as well and we dined out at a local indian Restaurant, lots of temptations and nice wine so because I knew this was going to happen the lead up to our celebrations allowed me to indulge plus a FD afterwards will take care of any over indulgence. The Monthly Planner diary is very helpfull in this respect so you can see your Weeks mapped out in advance so there shouldn’t be too many surprises.

12 days to go people until the end of the month, what do YOU have to do between now and the 31st to achieve your monthly goal? In 12 days you can squeeze in a a minimum of 4 FD’s however do you need 1 or 2 more to get to that goal you set, if so plan them out, write them down NOW, commit to them and get the results and on the 1st of November you’ll be so proud of your achievements and that little REWARD will be so well earned.

Take care all and let’s just do it over these next 12 days.

Hi Chipmunk
    Reporting in as stayed the same. Seem smaller though. Onward and downward and ditch the weekend wine!
    Beverley

Grumble grumble… no one to blame but myself… mutter mutter.

I’m up a pound this week, so overall for the month down 2.5.

Onwards…

Action – thank you for the advice on planning for the rest of the month to meet our goals.

Mary – ha ha. Up a pound but down 2.5. Great attitude! Humour always helps, I think.

I’ve not forgotten that I’m here, I’m just waiting until Friday for my first ‘Rocktober’ weigh in to avoid my depressing cycle-induced weight gains. Trying to go two weeks without weighing so that I don’t get disillusioned and fed-up. It’s tough when my scales are out in plain view in the bathroom.
    I may not have weighed yet, but I managed to get a new pair of trousers on. 🙂
    Fingers crossed I’ll have made good progress.

I am doing back to back fasting this week and I am nearly finished day 2. I have decided to do 4.3 this week as I have no social engagements until the weekend! Hope you are all having a good week 🙂

Hmmmm 🙁 a small gain I am afraid and trying to work out why – yes I had a meal out on Friday but I shared a starter, main course was steak with salad and shared a dessert with a small white wine and the rest water. I did an extra run on Saturday and had a very good fast day on Monday with nothing consumed for almost 24 hrs and then only having a small portion of grilled fish so well below my fd allowance and then nothing until breakfast the next day – Overall I didn’t think I was too bad so a bit disappointed especially with going away this weekend. My phone is in for repair so missing my fitnesspal for logging food. My clothes certainly seem looser, the only thing different is I have not been drinking as much water lately and not getting up in the middle of the night for a trip to the bathroom. But unfortunately it is what it is and as this is a way of life, what is a week in the bigger picture. I may not achieve my target this month and I may be a little behind from where I should be but I feel better than I did when I joined this group and I can now run for 28 minutes non stop. Think my knees would appreciate a little less of me to carry but I will get there! I just have to do what I do when I am running – just keep putting a foot in front of the other and I will reach my destination. I keep in mind the others who have reached their target or are almost there – I am sure they had weeks when things didn’t quite go to plan but they didn’t give up! Onwards and downwards 🙂

C’mon everyone!

I’m with AH let’s really get focussed for the last week or so of the month.

I’ve had about 26lb (which is almost two stone!!) reported so far this month even accounting for the odd wee gain which I note everyone seems to lose the next week, so chin up MARYW and CODA and anyone else feeling a bit despondent.

What happened to shaking it off!! Let’s get out there and go for it. MS OO needs to at least go up to a size 10.

I am not always on the computer. Trying to plant out the garden before summer but that has come early. (Like being in an oven.) The only thing I have done is cut out sugars and cereals which has lead to good weight losses. The only structured exercise I get is 4 mins every 2 days HIIT. I have breakfast at 9 am and have my last meal before 6 pm. I will only eat if I feel hungry. I have also gone from winter menu to summer menu which means salads from the vegetable patch.

I try and get out in the garden and get it under control before the bushfire season. Still got about 4 hours mowing to go. The weather this last week was hard as I am still trying to establish some shade. The back yard was completely burnt Black Saturday and then was underwater for a month 2 years later when the state was underwater. I still managed to get sunburnt trying to plant a Camellia Hedge. Managed to finish it yesterday before we had some showers.

Hi folks,

Sorry I missed last week’s weigh in, I’ve been moving house. I finally weighed myself today and I’m down to 65.8kg, which is a 2.5kg/5.5 pound loss for the month. I suspect some might be fluid loss because I’m generally eating less and eating less carbs which usually causes a drop in water weight. In any event, I’m sure some of it’s fat loss and I feel a little slimmer.

Good luck for the final week everyone 🙂

Hi SOONTOBE – perhaps hefting all those moving boxes helped! I had you down for a pound earlier in the month so have added 4.5 for this week. If you have been losing for a while I doubt its fluid.

GL502 We are having the same early start to summer although it is a bit intermittent. The worst thing at the moment is the blasted wind, which is warm and very drying of the garden – plus it breaks off my new shoots – half the pea shoots disappeared. I just read your profile – you have done amazingly well on your weight loss – well done! And my gosh you face every kind of adversity nature can through you there in bush fire land – I really feel for you. There was a major fire in one of the forestry blocks (pines) near us earlier this year and although it never came closer then about 1.5 kilometres it was really quite scary. I was relieved when the wind changed direction.

Thanks for checking in MAMIEMUSE, I was wondering where you were!

This is my first fast day I have failed to complete since joining this group – my head just isn’t in the right place and I thought ok will have a bowl of soup for lunch but it just didn’t cut it and I won’t put in writing what I ate in the afternoon except suffice to say this is not a good day! Don’t even know if I can face going for my run tonight either – have been sneezing over the last few days and have had that feeling I may have a cold coming on though that is no excuse as to why I seem to have ‘lost it’. Yes a bit disappointed on my last weigh in but I can’t seem to pick myself up 🙁
    Have been taking echinacea and so far keeping the cold at bay. Sorry guys – hopefully after my weekend away I will come back refreshed and ready to go. Re-reading the 5:2 book to get inspired and get myself back on track.

Coda, I felt that way earlier this week but I found reading the forums very helpful. It reminded me that I am not on this eating plan primarily to lose weight, but because of the health benefits. I really do think more clearly on fasting days. Anyway, hang in there and good luck with getting back in the groove.

I am on a fast day today and will do another one on Monday and then report my loss. After that I’ll still have five more days and one more fast, so I hope I will meet my goal. As I just mentioned on the Canadian thread, I have discovered a great workout: It is playing “I’m going to get you” with my twin one year old grandkids who crawl as fast as they can away from me and wait for me to crawl up behind them and catch them, giggling their heads off. Problem is they crawl in opposite directions. After ten minutes of that, i was exhausted. They’d have kept going for hours, I think.

Also I’ve discovered the perfect remedy for those who feel time moves too quickly. It is the 3.5 minute plank. Those last thirty seconds are the longest 30 seconds ever. 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply.