Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

This topic contains 284 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 285 total)

• Today is my weigh in day. I would like to donate 1.5 kg to MS OO. Wednesday was 72.1 today it was 70.6.

Thanks GL502 – A great effort over 3 days!! And exciting as you are about to crash through 70kg!

I’ll put this in as your week one result, but I’ll be recording the weeks as they fall through the month, so 8th Rocktober will be the end of week one.

Good Sunday morning, but perhaps not so good for the English at half time against Australia.

Hope your weekend is going well. As promised, here is the list of goals for Rocktober, just to inspire you even more!

If I have inadvertently missed you, or recorded your goal incorrectly, please let me know. To be consistent with the way the majority of Little Voices record, I’ve converted kgs to lbs and rounded to the nearest half pound.

chipmunk13 6
    susie.lesley 5
    milena 3
    coda 4.5
    Boglett84 7
    Beverley8603 6
    nirvana78 6
    pjbr 6
    tdot1971 4.5
    emilyashen 3
    GL502 6.5
    PK01 6
    Goldensun 3
    foomsy 6
    Thirdtimelucky 4
    JFitzy 6
    prly-kalhan 7
    sig 4
    lifesabeach 4
    bluezoo 7
    phoebeonthelake 3
    Picky pixie 4
    Action Hero 6.5
    MaryW 4
    Soon to be Svelte 6.5
    Irish Trier 5
    carolinacatz 3

I hope everyone is getting their exercise in as well – remember every little bit helps so get up, get out there and go for a walk – or a run, or a dance, or a swim, or do some gardening, or run around with the kids. It doesn’t matter what you do as long as you do something! Still recommending the Fast Strength Exercise programme – it doesn’t feel like a burden to do 10 minutes.

I’m keen to hear how the first few days are going with you all. I’ve already had one keen voice record a loss after 3 days! Go GL502!!

Hi Chipmunk – just to log that today I managed three hours of gardening in the beautiful sunshine. Now suffering with a sore back! But worth it to get the chance to put the garden to bed for the winter. Just some bulbs to put in now and a general clean up, then I can relax!
    Out for lunch with Upagumtree and spouses tomorrow, so hope to be on my best behaviour! Maybe a glass of wine.
    Next fast day is Monday so hoping for another loss. Fingers crossed.
    Great to see so many names on the list again, here’s hoping for lots of reductions during Rocktober. Good luck to everyone.
    (England were rubbish tonight. Scotland are hanging in, but not good) TTL

Hi TTL – you are bedding down the garden and I’m waking mine up – all afternoon out there yesterday putting in radishes, lettuce, fennel, beetroot, carrots, and in the glasshouse tomatoes, peppers, chillis and cucumber!! Lots of good fast day salads coming up in a few weeks.

I am sure you and Upagumtree (who is at goal weight?) will keep each other on track………

Today is my weigh in day. I am down 3 lbs. The B2B FD, especially when it includes donut day at work helped this week. I also know that fast exercise several times a week makes a big difference for me as well. Now to make it work while I am at a conference for the week. I am going to have a hard time fasting this week. Hmm. Good luck everyone!

Hi All

Hi Chipmunk, Yes put me down for three please, I’m trying to slow it down a little as I want my skin to catch up with me. I have lost a lot and still have the same amount to go four and a half stone or 63lbs, so I just want to keep on track but more slowly now.

Hi Pheobe

Nice to see you, I haven’t in a while as I am not on mid fifties thread any more.

Have a good month all, is anyone taking up the no drinking challenge as well?

Ginette

Hi all, I am just home from lunch at in laws and had 2 slices of cheesecake, nervous about making much of a loss this week as last wk i only lost 1lb, despite being ‘good’! Weight loss seems to have finally slowed down! But trying to do something physical everyday. Starting weight for the month is 145lb (7lb short of my target).
    good luck everyone πŸ™‚

Wow SIG that is 3 lbs off your monthly goal of 4lbs in the first four days. An extremely good effort. What about revising your goal up to 5 or 6lbs? if only to remind you to stay on track through conference. Those morning and afternoon tea breaks and buffet lunches are hellish and full of temptation. I always find myself eating when I wouldn’t at that time at home. If they are a temptation for you, make a plan before you get there. Perhaps try and grab a drink and find someone to talk to as far away from the food as possible, or maybe take a quick walk around the block. Remember, that muffin or sausage roll is only briefly satisfying for the tastebuds but a long hard fight to get it off the waist.

GINETTE that is a phenomenal success story right there. I can only imagine how much effort you have put in but you must feel amazing! Slow and steady is a great way to go and you’ll get there. I have added your goal to the list.

PK01 – bad girl! πŸ™‚ I hope that second slice of cheesecake was worth it. You know what your penance is, a bit extra exercise to make up for the extra slice.

The weekend is over here in NZ and fast day Monday is looking gorgeous – blue skies, sunshine and smiles all round. Have a great week and keep checking in everyone.

MSMARPLE where are you???

Morning everyone, as Chipmunk said above, a beautiful spring morning here in Godz Own, the sun is pouring into my Office and life is great.

GINETTE: I love your expression “I want my skin to catch up with me” it conjures up all sorts of images in my mind and when I look at myself in the mirror I think I know what you are talking about, it’s all well and good reducing the pounds however the packaging those pounds came in sometimes hangs about and tightening up can be just as hard as the efforts to reduce the pounds. Anyone have any suggestions (other than Ab crunches, I hate Ab crunches)

Another little milestone for me this morning, I broke through the 83Kg weight bracket (183lbs)and into the 82’s at weigh in today, so a good start to the month so far. Managed to navigate the weekend very well, for once nothing too social happening and managed to sit through the rugby with no food distractions. My BMI has also slipped below the 27 number so slowly advancing on the magic 24 number which is the New Year goal. Considering it was almost 31 when I started on 30 June I’m feeling pretty good.

Poor PK, being told off and sent to the naughty corner to do her exercises πŸ™‚

Off for a nice long walk now, to enjoy the sun shine and wonder about all those poor English Rugby supporters who have tickets to the next round of matches that they may not enjoy now, wonder what the resale value of some tickets might be on local Auction sights today, could be worth a quick trip over to watch the AB’s beat the Irish !!!

Don’t worry AH I had a 3rd slice before coming to bed, sorry chipmunk!! I promise to walk tomorrow morning. I am seriously contemplating a water only fast tomorrow, which would be a first, as I have just been ridiculously bad today?

I’m really jealous of the beautiful southern hemisphere weather, I’m in northern ireland and it’s due to rain for the next 3 days (which will probably turn out to be 3 months).

Have a lovely day everyone☺

Thanks Chipmunk

Yes I am really pleased with it, now to get to the blasted gym and sort out tge squidgy bits, that is as much of a target. My neighbour has really changed his shape in about three months by only going twice a week. He wasn’t really overweight but looks good now.

I am hoping it might do me some good. I don’t like the thought of going but I must get some motivation to go and then stick with it.

I have promised myself to join this month.

Hi Action

Yes it’s like reading a book, the imagination works wonders!! It isn’t that bad at the moment but I can see it will be. I am even thinking of having monitored sessions for so long. This is someone who works out an exercise plan for you. I think that would be better then I can talk about how to target certain areas.

Your BMI is great, I am sure you will move down to the healthy category soon, it isn’t far for you. I am also hoping to get into the next category soon. I have gone from morbidly obese to severely and now I just want to be obese. It’s strange because although I knew I was overweight it didn’t bother me for years, then after a sad event that triggered it my bloodpressure went up and I am having difficulties in getting it down. Hence 5:2 I have gone from dangerously high to high now, just need to get it lower.

It’s nice having people who are trying to get healthy as well, I have found the forum really supportive.

I’m glad somebody is enjoying the rugby.

Ginette

Picky Pixie – hiya! nice to know I have a buddy out there! however you didn’t mention your height I am a teeny weeny 5′ 1 1/2….. just had a crazy weekend up in town with my family to watch the rugby, eaten and drunk far too much to mention, but took no guilt with me as I wanted to just enjoy myself. Back on 5:2 tomorrow, and going to do 2 fast days back to back Tues/Weds then throw an extra FD in over the weekend to make up. Then the rest of October looks like it should be good for me to do a minimum of 2 fast days a week and lots of exercise. Have decided on a 4lb target which I would be delighted with (but secretly hoping for more to get me towards saying goodbye to 11stone). Good luck πŸ™‚

Ginette – I just read your post and wanted to say that I, too, am more focussed on the health benefits of this WOE. Whilst I of course would like to lose weight I am concentrating on all the other benefits of watching what I eat. I lost my sister just under 2 years ago at the age of just 51 (I turned 50 this year). Her death had nothing to do with weight, she was a healthy 9 and half stone, but it just brought home to me how important it is for us to care for ourselves and give ourselves the best possible tender loving care our bodies need. I am amazed at just how well I feel when following this method and when I fall off the wagon how rotten I feel. Now that doesn’t mean I wont allow myself the pleasures, but I am just more aware of what makes me feel good and what doesn’t. Good luck with it all, it sounds like you are doing so well. I am not enjoying the rugby and was at Twickenham on Saturday night sobbing πŸ™

Hi Lifesabeach

Yes I know how someone ending their life before they should can affect people. This is the same thing that happened to me. It really made me take stock of things and want to get healthier.

Ginette

Hi Everyone

Monday is my weigh and measurement day. I am really pleased to donate 1lb to MsOO. I’ve lost inches too. I’m so pleased as I was staying with a friend at the weekend and had a big lunch and dinner on Saturday with carbs. I ate 3/4 of a roasted vegetable flan because it was delicious. However, I fasted yesterday.

This evening, I called in at the supermarket as I needed apples (I eat apples during the day on fast days if I’m really hungry) and I saw my favourite hand-cooked crisps on offer, so I picked up 2 packets cos I thought I’ll put them away. Who am I fooling? Five minutes later, I put them back :). If anyone watches me in a supermarket, they must think I’m crazy.

Onwards and downwards to all πŸ™‚

Hi PK where in Northern Ireland are you? I am in Comber.

Weigh in tomorrow and have decided Sundays are my worst day for sabotaging my efforts. It starts with a !ater breakfast and then more coffee breaks than any other day of the week with something nice – though the rugby is not helping as I sit down to watch a game or two! Then traditional Sunday dinner with pudding usually for afters. Will have to instigate more structure in future no wonder I actually look forward to my Monday fast. Just finished week 6 of 9 week running plan,just ran for 25 mins tonight non stop!

Hi CODA, a nice honest little post above. You have identified and acknowledged where your challenges are with Sunday eating habits. Now all you need to do is to plan your way through your Sundays so they don’t become your EXCUSE for indulging, knowing you can recover from your over indulgence with a Fast Day on Monday.

Shouldn’t a Fast Day be a positive contribution to your weight reduction plan, not the RECOVERY plan from the normal Sunday indulgence day? If you continue this weekly plan then my thoughts are you need to do an additional FD to compensate for the Monday recovery of Sundays. Does that make sense? If you introduce this plan your two real FD’s will certainly contribute to your overall goal for May

I had a little peek at your Profile and you mention a goal for a reduction by May (birthday) next year of 18.3kgs. This big goal can be broken down into monthly achievements, e.g. 2.3kgs per month which equates to 0.6kgs per week. This is far easier to keep track of and will keep you focussed how your progress is and what has to be done after any one week if your weekly goal of 0.6kgs is missed. Then you’ll know what you have to do the next week to catch up on what was missed the previous week. Does that make sense as well? You seem to have a good exercise plan in place, now it’s just a matter of getting the FD’s and non FD’s sorted so you get maximum benefit from both. Sounds easy eh???

Good luck and “Go Ireland” for Sunday (Saturday your time)

Wise words as always ACTION – there can be a tendency to go overboard the day before a fast day knowing you’ll “make up” for it the next day, but as you imply a blow out one day and 500 cals the next equates to two regular or TDEE days and no gain – or loss – in our case. Worth remembering one and all.

CODA to break the cycle, what about making next Sunday a fast day? Radical I know, but maybe a circuit breaker is what you need.

GOLDENSUN – impressive behaviour! It is hard to put a favourite food aside so well done.

Looking forward to getting in all the week one weigh-ins over the next couple of days.

Good morning all from a dreich Scotland. (Normal weather has resumed)
    Had a good fast day yesterday although since returning home from down south have had a dickie tummy! The fasting seemed to help by giving my system a break, but it came back with a vengeance through the night, so yet another sleepless night.
    Weigh in this morning shows a loss of 1.5 lbs, so I am almost back to the 9.5stone I was at before my holiday. I do find that since I have given up carbs, the weight is consistently coming off (except for my holiday indulgences) and the best thing is, I don’t miss them.
    Well done to everyone who is working away at this. I found it easier to eliminate one food at a time, and just don’t buy them again. First crisps went, then. Biscuits, cakes, bread………etc. I did this over a period of time, and now I know that not only will I put weight on if I eat this stuff, my system actually rebels and don’t feel good. Just a thought for those who are struggling. Good luck all…..TTL

Good day from cloudy Toronto.

My tracker indicates that I have lost 3.5 lbs since October 1. I find this amazing. However, after fiddling around last month, I really did knuckle down on the 1st, so I’m not complaining. I guess I should raise my goal from 4 lbs to something bigger (5?) but last month I did that and ended up not meeting my target, so I’m going to leave it at 4 and just try to get rid of a few more this month.

I also did a 3-minute plank yesterday. Although when it was finished, I had to lie down on the carpet groaning for a couple more minutes before I could even find the energy to turn my timer off.

I have been working on doing some promotion on my Rita Just Wants to Be Thin novel, and I thought maybe some of the people I am approaching about the possibility that they might read/review it would be interested in seeing a “before and almost after” photo of me, so I created one (two actually). Here they are. I hope they may inspire others who are on this diet — it really does work. I’m not done yet, but I am getting close. Another 10 lbs should do it for me. I started at the end of April.

Here are the photos:
    http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a414/MaryWWriter/Before%20After_zpsroyf6zxo.png
    and
    http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a414/MaryWWriter/Before%20amp%20After_zpsir4dwozw.png

Hey Mary well done you look fantastic. Also well done on the 3 minute plank – impressive. I am doing the 30 day squat challenge this month and did 70 this morning eek! I am going swimming tomorrow so I will see how my legs hold up then πŸ™‚

70 squats!!! Amazing!!!

I am turning the 30-Day Plank Challenge into a 90-day Plank Challenge. After that, maybe I’ll try squats.

Ha ha – I will try the plank again but I have a dodgy knee and I definitely did something to it when I did the PC last month.

BTW how long has it taken you to lose the weight? πŸ™‚

Hi All

Just thought that I would tell you how low rhubarb is at about 7cal 100gms it makes a lovely treat. I have it on fast days with some stevia for sweetness, I find that I can have half a pot or even a couple of spoons of youghurt to cheer it up and it makes a good size treat for very few calories.

Hope those of you in the UK are getting to grips with the rain!! I am waiting to dodge it to go out. Surely there must be a break in it soon!!

Mary, Well done on achieving the 3 minute plank and JFitzy, good luck with the squats.

Ginette

Hi Chipmunk

I am back in! Sorry not registered until now but was away from home from 1 October – 4 October at the Dunhill Golf Championships in St Andrews. As I said in my final post in LV September Challenge I reached my overall goal but would consider whether to recalibrate this. Well, I have taken stock and decided I could comfortably lose another half stone without looking too skinny! So here’s my stats for Rocktober:

Oct 1 start weight: 8 St 13
    Pledged Oct Loss: 3 pounds

My overall aim is to reach my new goal of 8 1/2 stone by the end of November as I am already entering Christmas Lunches and Dinners in my diary – starting from as early as 2 December! PLUS, I have just booked a fabulous 3 week cruise to China, South Korea and Japan departing mid-February – and we all know what cruises involve! – champagne, food, wine … and more food! – so I would like to have a little spare capacity to take all this on board (excuse the pun!)

Thanks Chipmunk for leading this month – I like your idea of “shaking it off” and encouraging us to add some extra exercise into our daily routines. My present exercise comes mainly from golf (4 times a week, weather permitting) plus one Pilates class a week. To get some “extra” in I have decided to get my golf buddies to join me in “power-walking” rounds – ie walking at a very brisk pace between shots so that just slightly out of breath (so no sauntering or long conversations!) This also will have a bonus of completing a round in 3 hours (usual pace is 3 1/2 hours). I also intend to do 10 minutes Pilates each morning (this probably will include some planking).

TTL and myself (and spouses) had a lovely second meet-up and delicious lunch on Sunday. We were very good and both opted for the venison, but TTL was extra good by refusing the root mash and opting for a small glass of wine (I had the mash and a LARGE glass of wine). The only naughtieness was the desserts! – but we were on NFD and well within our TDEEs and we both fasted the next day! What a great idea to meet up with other Little Voices and compare notes and check on body changes. We last met mid July and I could see a marked difference in TTL – can vouch that she looks very trim (and chic) and not too far off goal! Perhaps others in Little Voices who live in the same part of their respective countries can do the same!?? Apart from making new friends it provides an extra impetus to reach short-term goals before meet-ups!!

Wow MaryW, just checked out your before and afters – looking fabulous! … and the best is yet to come!

This wol rocks!!
    Up

JFitzy, I had lost about 10 lbs from my all-time high before I came on 5:2, but I started the 5:2 fast program (WOL) on April 28 at 187 and this a.m. I was 158. It works! (I am still in the overweight category on the BMI scale, and I want to lose 10 more lbs. before I start maintenance.)

Thank you, Ginette and Up!

Thanks AH for the wise words and you are so right – I need to take stock of my Sundays and do a bit of planning and stop sabotaging my efforts during the week. Could I do a fast day on a Sunday and cook for all the family and not part-take??? I did a juice detox once and was able to juice on a Sunday and not have the traditional dinner but could I – would I want to do it – jury out but will give careful consideration. Thanks for reminding me of my goal and what I need to do to get there – many thanks.

Well done Mary – by the way I read Rita just wants to be thin. Once I got over the initial shock of the small writing and that it was thicker than I imagined I couldn’t put it down as I wanted to know how she got on and was slightly saddened at the end as I wanted to know more. It is so true in life in general we just need to learn to say no and make sure we have some me time! Makes every one happy!

Well done up and others great achievements!

Well I have a .200 g gain this week but perhaps that and the talking to from AH is what I need to really focus on for the rest of this month – PLAN!
    Do you know there are 460 calories in 6 Lindt balls?? I should have looked it up first before popping them in whilst watching the rugby but as usual eat first think later. So no wonder with that and all those other little extras which don’t seem much until you add them all up and suddenly you are almost at a whole days TDEE and not having eaten anything of real value (health wise). But it is what it is – I will deal with it and move on to achieve a better result next week. Watch this space!

Hi Coda – just a thought to help you on Sunday’s – when I know I’m having a big meal, I enter what I am going to eat on Myfitnesspal calorie counter before I eat. Then you can choose to have just 1 roast potato instead of four to keep the calories in check. Same with pudding, and wine. It means you can still have what you want, but you don’t take such big portions. Ie: 1 chocolate instead of 6! Eat slowly and savour what you have,, and try to make your meal span out so you finish when the others do. You won’t be tempted to go back for seconds then.

MaryWWriter – love the before and after photos. I just found some before ones today too and was shocked at how big I was back then. Think I’ll blow it up and put it on the wall to remind me how far I’ve come.

Good luck everyone, keep working at it, it does work. TTL

Thanks TTL I will give that a try. At the moment I eat first then log it instead of the other way round which I guess is a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse is bolted or I have bolted! If I log first I can do something about it. Doh! lol

Hi coda, its a small world I live outside Castlewellan. I was reading ur post about sunday meals, I am exactly the same and tend to eat what I want (ie everything in front of me!!). AH’s post to u has really got me thinking, as I’ve lost more weight than I thought I would and its also been easier than I anticipated perhaps I’m taking it for granted. I would love to lose another 7lb, but I do waste one fast each week on recovery. That will have implications for long term maintainence if I try to follow 6:1.

Wow mary on the 3 minute plank, I am a LONG way from that!

Happy fasting everyone

hi Chipmunk – When I read you are from Marlborough country I just sighed with envy [over the lovely white wines, not the American cowboy cigarettes!] Put me down for dropping 1/2 lb. I did 2 sort of fast days, but am certain I was over my 500 — need to give it more full attention this week. Somehow thought I would just effortlessly get back on the bike……..
    And Mary – truly inspirational – you look fab.

TTL: I had to look up the word “dreich” (from your earlier post) and then smiled:

“A combination of dull, overcast, drizzly, cold, misty and miserable weather. At least 4 of the above adjectives must apply before the weather is truly dreich.” Surely it can’t be that bad ???

UPA: I watched a little bit of the Dunhill on TV last week, didn’t see you waving to me !!! Love your idea of a “power walking golf round”, if only some of our members at my club would consider this, a normal round takes over 4 hours where I play.

MARY W You are an inspiration to us all, both with your 5:2 WOL and your writing achievements, well done Mary and keep it up.

CODA: well done on taking ownership of your planning for better results. I remember scoffing 6 Lindt balls a few times, I know how easy that is, now I think about the PAIN of doing those sort of things and it’s now very easy not to do that, one is OK, six are certainly time in the naughty corner afterwards πŸ™‚

PK: Pleased I was able to help.

Maybe we could all evaluate to ourselves how more effective our 2 FD’s might be if one of them wasn’t a “recovery day” from the previous over indulgences between FD’s. Sticking to our TDEE’s on non fast days is just as important as the actual FD’s themselves and results will be much more consistant by doing so.

CHIPMUNK: What day of the week are you deeming each week to end and start from for weigh in reporting please?

Take care everyone and keep up the amazing results because we are all amazing people..

Take care everyone

great advice coming from all you good people – makes my job as cheerleader easier!

AH – it seems people have different preferences for weigh days. I’ve taken the position that the month started on 1 October so the end of week one is 8 October. Any reports I get up to the 8th and a day later get entered on week one on the famous spreadsheet.

PHOEBE , yes it’s easy to miss the odd few calories, but they have a habit of taking us over 500 pretty darn quickly. Marlborough country for us here is pretty fab. At the moment we are having unseasonably HOT weather with 27 degrees C for the past two days and it’s only October! That’s about 80 F. Windy though.

Talking about weather I have just been to the movies to see Macbeth and talk about dreich weather in that movie! However the landscape looks absolutely amazing, as does Michael Fassbender, particularly emerging half naked from a wee loch. Move over Colin Firth!

But I digress.

UPAGUM and TTL I am very impressed with your restraint at lunch and remaining inTDEE. Well done. UPAGUM I have added your new goal to the spreadsheet. Oh that we all were at the point we have to evaluate whether we will get too skinny πŸ™‚

MARYW, as AH noted you are an inspiration and look great. You must revel in the compliments I’m sure you get from friends and family. Like you, I have knuckled down this month and am optimiatic of a good loss when I weigh in.

CODA I am looking forward to your next result as it sounds like you’ve got a plan.

Yet again AH is on the money with all of us probably needing to consider whether fast days are recovery days or genuine fast days.

Can’t wait to log more of your fabulous results Little Voices.

Hi Chipmunk
    I had lost 1lb on Tuesday morning the 6th so do I count that in, I suppose I do. I weigh in Tuesdays and get easily confused! So if I weigh in 8th/9th will that be on time as I imagine you must be 12 hours ahead.

I am really enjoying myself and what a lovely helpful and full of inspiration thread.

I go with the exercise as it is vital for health. I do like the plank crunchies, walking and hand weights. Yoga I love too. Will be upping to 1/2 to 1 hour a day mix and match when recovered from a virus I have had.

Great advice about fast days -v- recovery days!

MaryWW – Congratulations! You look amazing. You must feel amazing too. Thank you for posting.

Hi PK living in Castlewellan you have a lovely lake to power walk round or hills to climb – lovely at any time of the year but really nice on a lovely autumn day. Maybe we could meet at some point. That would certainly give us both focus! lol

Hi Chipmunk – hopefully I will not disappoint anyone especially not me!

Hi BEVERLEY – just weigh whatever day suits, once a week and report it. I have put your 1lb for the first week down.

CODA I am confident you are on track!

Hi everyone,

Just checking in…I lost 600grams, which I think is 1 pound. Down from 68.3kg to 67.7kg. I did my two fast days which I didn’t find as bad as anticipated. I haven’t exercised – I’ve had tonsillitis. Hopefully I’ll get some fast exercise sessions in this week once I’ve recovered a bit more.

Some lovely weight loss for some – well done! Quick question, do other people weigh in the day after a fast? I don’t because I don’t want to be measuring fluid loss.

Have a good week everyone!

Hi Chipmunk, this morning’s weigh in: 0.90kgs (2lbs) for week one so happy with that given the couple of social outings during the week plus more wine than I should have. It’s a disaster buying a new case of wine that hasn’t been sampled before, a very nice Martinborough Pinot that is to die for and the price was too good to be true. Life throws up so many challenges on our journey to skinny…. πŸ™‚

Hi chipmunk and all. Adding 1lb to Miss OO. Now at 167 lbs. Happy with that as only managed 1 fast during the week. Struggled to keep to TDEE at the weekend, so am now doing 16:8 on my non fast days. Less time to eat means fewer calories! Though the food aspect is wavering, I am doing well on the exercise front, with a 30 minute walk every day apart from the 3 days I run 25 minutes (albeit very slowly!!) and do 5 HIT interval runs of 30 seconds each at the end. Planked at planking, I’m afraid so looking at doing some fast strength. What combination do people recommend?
    Mary WW, you look 20 years younger, super pictures!
    Keep the faith (and the focus all, and especially me!!) this week

Morning Chipmunk πŸ™‚ it’s a beautiful sunny day here in West Sussex – might just have to dig out my shorts that I had folded away in winter storage. So…. after a very enjoyable but naughty week (still managed 2 fast days though) I tentatively stepped on the scales, telling myself not to be downhearted when I see an increase in weight, I even went to the pub on Monday and had ham egg and chips for goodness sake – so I can hardly expect a good result. Well it might not make much of a dent on your spreadsheet but I have actually managed to shift half a pound (I have pledged 4 this month – but secretly hoping for 6 and a half to take me below 11 stone…) I am so pleased with this as the remainder of my month should be quite a good one, I’m not going to any more rugby games and only have one or two social evenings so am optimistic, and my goodness we have such good role models of inspiration here on this thread. We are arranging a special weekend away towards the end of November to celebrate my husbands 50th, staying at a lovely spa hotel, and I am now picturing myself in a couple of new outfits and feeling great (not to mention not dreading the family photos that will be taken, or stepping into the swimming pool). Once again, I am so pleased with this WOE, my only problem that seems to be getting worse, is sleeplessness, especially if I fast 2 days back to back, and I find I am tensing my jaw and grinding my teeth a bit – would be interested to know if anybody else has a similar problem? Good luck to those who have yet to weigh in for week 1 and well done to all those who have – good or not so good, at least we are all giving it some!!

Hi Chipmunk – I’m pleased to report I’m 158 lbs today meaning that I’ve lost 2 lbs and I’m half way to my monthly target. I’m going to Dublin for 5 days in a week’s time. I’ll do my fasting before I go and after I get back but it might slow things down a little so I’ll stick to my original target for now.

SoonToBeSvelte – Like you, I don’t like to record my weight the day after a fast as I like to know that I’m showing a true loss of fat. I think others may like to record it after a fast though. I don’t think it matters too much as long as you’re aware of how much your body weight fluctuates. I weigh myself every day so I know where my range is. There’s normally a 2 to 3 pound difference.

Irishtrier – I’ve done the Fast strength workout twice in the last week and I’m going to do it again today. I do most of the exercises in the book in more or less the same order. So I do jumping jacks, press-ups, wall-sit, abdominal crunches, step-ups on a chair, squats, tricep dips, high-knee running and lunges. I do each for 30 seconds trying to do as many as I can. I’ve also been doing the plank challenge on and off since the beginning of September. I’m stuck at about 90 seconds at the moment.

Lifesabeach – Good luck for the rest of the month. I’m excited about breaking through the 11 stone barrier too. I doubt it will be this month but it would be fantastic if it was.

Mary W – Thanks for sharing your photos. I echo what everyone else has said. You look amazing. It’s really inspirational to see how well this way of life is working.

Hi Chipmunk I will post my result tomorrow.

PickyPixie where in Dublin are you staying – that is my home town!

I am on day 7 of my 30 day squats challenge – I forgot to check how many I was supposed to do so did 90 – I was supposed to do 75 so pleased with that. Let’s hope my weigh in tomorrow is as successful. πŸ™‚

Greetings from sunny Toronto!

It has been a week since the first of the month, and I decided to weigh in. I am down 1lb, which is on track with my goal for the month. Very pleased!! This weekend will be a challenge because of a few scheduled dinners out and Canadian Thanksgiving. Even though I plan to enjoy myself, I will make smart choices so I stay on track.

I love reading the posts from this group and the amazing positivity from so many! A shout-out to Action Hero who is so giving and encouraging to everyone on their journey – you truly are a blessing.

This weight loss journey is making me do some ‘internal work’ because I realize that everything on the outside (whether my weight or my current circumstances) is a manifestation of what’s going on in the inside. Often times we self-sabatoage because we are afraid of being the best version of ourselves. I am sharing a meditation that I am using and attempting to take to heart this October – I hope it inspires those of you, who like me, get in the way of your own success.

“What you think, you become…
    What you feel, you attract…
    What you imagine, you create!”

Wishing you a blessed day and rest of the week! ?

Hi JFitzy

We’re staying near Booterstown. My brother-in-law has just moved to Ballsbridge so we’re going over to visit him.

Wow that’s a lot of squatting! I’m sure it will pay off.

Coda — those Lindt balls are addictive. They simply melt. Thanks for the heads up on the calorie content. Yesterday I checked the calories on those root-vegetable crisps (Terra brand) and discovered they are almost the same calorie wise as corn chips! Even with non-sugary foods, we can get tricked by all the claims that foods are “healthy” (which I don’t think the veg-crisps are, because they taste a bit greasy to me) and forget to look at the calories.

TTL — post a before and after somewhere and send us a link! I use photobucket where (I think/hope) the photos are not public, but where you can save them and send links to people. It’s free as long as you don’t store too many.

I did the three-minute plank again yesterday and it was marginally less bad than the first time. I’m going to do it three times a week for a couple of weeks before I try 3.5 minutes. I have to remind myself that I’m 65 and if I do damage to myself it will affect everything, so I am taking it slowly slowly. I find myself thinking of the guy who did one-arm pushups on the stage at the Oscars. May I never do planks in public — for the sake of the public as well as myself.

Thanks, Phoebe-on-the-Lake, my fellow Canadian. (And hi to TDOT! who is also in this Blue Jay baseball crazy city) πŸ™‚ And thanks AH, Golden Sun & Irish Trier et al.! Coda, I really appreciate your feedback on Rita. Thank you!

Soon to be Svelte: I always weigh the day after every fast. You are right. I feel like it’s cheating in a way, but as long as the weight keeps going down and I do it every time, I figure I’m being consistent at least, and it’s good for my spirits! Once I reach my goal weight, I plan to fast on Mondays and weigh myself on Wednesday mornings. If I am up I will do a second fast that week, on Thursday. If I am not, I will stay with one fast. That is my plan. However, there’s a part of my brain that is still afraid that I will never reach my goal weight or be able to maintain it — that I will sabotage myself again.

That’s why this thread and others like it are so important to me. We don’t have to do this alone! And we can share our fears.

Thanks PickyPixie for those fast strength tips. Unfortunately, just after I posted this am, I went to do a few HIT interval sprints and felt a give in my hamstring. Just a sharp pain so I am hoping that it is just a mild strain. But that has put a stop to my gallop for a while. Hopefully just a few days. I will know tomorrow. Seemingly, if you can still feel a twinge when walking the next day, it can take at least 3 weeks to heal!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply.