Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

This topic contains 423 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyh46 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 401 through 424 (of 424 total)

• I would like to continue into January as well. Thanks for the accountablity.

Thanks GL502 you have been added and you have a profile! – well done on your achievements so far.

OMG – thank Goodness ACTION has collated the results – I am up 1kg today since the end of challenge weight in. I know why so no excuses. Have printed off a planner for the rest of the month through to the end of January and am busy filling it in with scheduled fastdays. I have learned how easy it is to fall off the wagon when you don’t have a plan.

Beautiful weather predicted for Christmas here and today Christmas Eve is splendid already.

A very happy and enjoyable Christmas to all Little Voices (again) and I for one can’t wait for 2016 to be the year I reach my goal – as of today there are 4kg to go. I know with the support and encouragement of you lot it will happen!!

Hi Chipmunk – it is so unfair as to how easily weight jumps back on and yet is so frustratingly hard to shift the other way! I too, with a wee mince pie here and a wee mince pie there, have also had a gain so am doing my best to stick to a fast day today.

I apologise in advance for the large content of this post everyone and hope you bear with me.

Do you all know know that once one person broke the 4 minute mile it was followed soon after by others. Once people saw it could be done others followed – they knew, they believed, they visualised. So all start believing, start visualising the slimmer you which will be achieved in 2016! The mind is a powerful tool and can achieve great things without even leaving the sofa!

I have a little experiment for you all to do I want you to lie down and either tell yourself a story or if you have someone else to tell the story so much the better. Feel free to add what fits in with your situation. It begins – You wake up and realise you have slept in and you have the beginnings of a cold – what a start – no time for breakfast you rush out to the car and it doesn’t start, worse still it begins to rain. You have to run for the bus which just disappears round the corner as you reach the bus stop. No choice but to wait for the next one. Suddenly a car drives past at speed and the large puddle in front of you soaks you from top to bottom. You at last reach work soaked and late. The boss meets you and reminds you an important client is due at any minute and you were to go through a few things first but now there is no time. The client is awkward and the meeting is not going well and you can see from your boss’s face he is not too pleased. Once the client leaves you are left in no doubt how your boss feels about how you handled this and if this client leaves their will be repercussions. You leave the office sneezing and head home in the rain to catch the last bus….. Take a moment to feel how your body feels – tense?

Now begin the story over again. You wake up early one morning, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. It is going to be a glorious day, you have an important meeting today and as you grab a quick coffee you lift the notes you have prepared. You get into the car and there is that song you love on the radio. You arrive early at the office and have time to go through details with your boss regarding the important client coming in. The meeting goes like a dream and the client leaves after saying how impressed they are with not only the company but you. You look over at your boss who is grinning like a Cheshire cat and you can feel your face flushed with pride. He tells you the rest of the day is your own and as you leave the office you feel the sun on your face…… how do you feel now?

I hope the experiment worked and you did feel a difference whilst you either imagined the day from hell against a day of absolute bliss. Now realise the only thing that changed was in your mind – you didn’t go anywhere you stayed where you where.

As you prepare for 2016 get the mindset right, think it and it will happen.

Hope this resonates with some and it helps strengthen your resolve.

Happy Christmas everyone x

Not sure if anyone is checking this thread during the holiday period except for me :). My weight has gone up by a couple of pounds because of the Christmas festivities but I’m not concerned as I feel it is mainly water and will disappear with a couple of fast days this week.

I’ve eaten what I’ve wanted to eat but interestingly I don’t enjoy the sweet stuff as much as I used to do.

This is the first Christmas I’ve felt comfortable with my weight and it’s a great feeling.

Hope everyone is well and happy.

Looking forward to embracing our January challenge.

Hi everyone, and I hope you have all had a really good Christmas. Like you Goldensun, I have increased by two pounds over the weekend but I know what to do to get back down again, so am not fretting about it.
    However, I was amazed at how my body responded to the rich and varied foods I ate. Not well! Thoroughly enjoyed Christmas dinner, but felt bloated, stuffed and slightly sick. Managed to stuff a few chocs down in the Evening and then didn’t get to sleep till about 6 am! Tossed and turned all night, even the Gaviscon didn’t help. The outcome was, Boxing Day I skipped breakfast, then ate very lightly the rest of the day, and felt and slept much better last night. I had a glass of wine mid afternoon, but ended up throwing half of it away, did Not enjoy it at all. My, how my body has changed. Keeping things light from now on and am looking forward to my fast day tomorrow. I have boxes of chocolates given to me, but will pass them on as I can’t see me eating my way through them . Never thought I would say that. Thanks for Dr M and his books for giving me a new way of eating, best Christmas present ever! Have a great New Year everyone and look forward to chatting with you all again in 2016. TTL

Hi I too have gained but I haven’t checked yet to see what the damage is. Heading out for a walk now but find it is hard to stick to complete day fasts as I am out of my normal routine. Back to work tomorrow and a normal fast day.
    Anyone try my little experiment?

Lol completely mixed up in my days. I am not back at work tomorrow I am off! Fast day on Tuesday then!
    I hope none of our UK mainland little voices have been effected by the terrible floods.

Well ìve not been too bad put on a few pounds but not seen the whole 5:2 benefits as of yet but raring to go in January trying to eat up chocs now. However I have been out on a 2 mile jog twice over the last 3 days

Hi S1u2 what about putting some info on your profile? Where are you from and any goals you may have?

Here again should be the link to the Blank Calendar, once you open it you can customise it for the month you want http://www.calendarlabs.com/online-calendar.php

Mark in your fast days for the month of January – these are the days you will be accountable for. Have we all checked our TDEE for the non fast days in our tracker and confirmed our fast day allowance? I only have 11 signed up – AH are you not joining in? Where is everyone? Anyone out there there there? Only an echo 🙁

If you want results you have to take action! if you want results but are not changing anything why then be surprised at the lack of results? Come on peeps Christmas is over lets get geared up for 2016 and the new you!

Hi All Little Voices

Here is the link to the Little Voices January 2016 accountability challenge
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-january-2016-accountability/

Starting Monday 4th ending Sunday 31st January. Hope you meet you all there and hear what fast days you have planned and what strategies you have put in place for you to remain focused in order to achieve your goals.

Hi Coda

I really appreciate your reminder of the TDEE on non fast days as I haven’t checked for a while and a big thank you for taking over the reins; you’re gonna be great! 🙂

I’m hoping to do 3 fast days this week. Today, tomorrow and either Thursday or Friday, depending if I decide to go out on Thursday.

I’m lucky that I’m not at work this week but I don’t have the structure of work where I find it easy not to eat cos I’m busy and distracted by work. So yesterday, I overindulged hence the 3 fast days. I’m bloated and ate way too many carbs and the scales show it.

It’s a bit challenging today as a fast day but if I can get through it, tomorrow will be easier.

Hope to see lots more familiar Little Voices in the January challenge and new ones, of course 🙂

Thanks GoldenSun – I too find it hard when out of my normal routine to stick to fasts – so much easier when you are busy.
    I hope you have not been affected by the floods? We had a bit of a battering last night and some places flooded but nothing like England.
    As I have not been able to get out running of late between having the cold and now this weather I recalculated my TDEE and it dropped from just over 1800 (when I am running twice a week) to just over 1500 (sitting at a desk all day)- which means my fast days allowance has also dropped. It pays to check!

Thought for the day – ‘You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step’.

We have some new members on the new challenge – see link in previous post.

One final post for this Group>

Firts of all apologies for my tardiness in finalising this group’s amazing achievements leading up to Christmas from the start of November. We in total contributed 114 pounds to Sanat’s sleigh however quite a few didn’t report in their final weigh ins so the last couple of weeks saw only about 15 members finalise their totals so I hope I have gathered everyones achievements. However the results were very good.

Leading the way were FASTINLAEDY and GL502, both exceeding 10lbs reductions MsMARPLE achieved 8.8LBS then there were 6 or 7 of us 5.5lbs or better. Everyone who completed their 7 weeks of commitment award yourself a great big Chocolate Fish to enjoy when no one is looking, it’ll just be our secret….

I’m looking forward to joining you lovely people in Coda’s Thread and I’ll go and log into that one now. Once again well done everyone for your amazing integrity and commitment on your journey to Skinny and I wish everyone a happy and prosperous 2016 and may all your goals be slim ones. Take care everyone and thanks for all the support I have received since I started my journey last July.

Hi
    On the accountability page I was told I hadn’t done a profile so I’m presuming I do it on this page.
    I’m sue an I live in Yorkshire in England, I have been doing 5:2 on an off with not a lot of success, I have been trying to many other diets at the same time.
    So joined little voices an thought it would give me the January boost I need

Hi S1, your Profile is where you update your personal info, name, password etc plus you can add some text into your Profile area, then when people click on your Name beside your Posts they can see who you are, where you are from and any other info you want to list.

So top right corner of this page click on “Your Profile” then click on the Profile link bottom left of that page you have opened and you can enter any free text into the Text box, save it and then it’ll publish. Good luck, Mike

Action hero
    I’ve found my profile at long las lol, will get there in the end

Hi I am in, I have been waiting on someone to start the November challenge because I started the diet in the middle of October :-)..
    I am ready..

Hi Little Voices,
    I am going to get in 15 fast days before Christmas, I am just starting and I have been looking forward to a group to help me along, I am obese with a BMI of 55 and since starting this fast this month on the 12th I have lost 9 pounds, I am going to set a realistic goal for myself by christmas and say at least 20 pounds down, but I will have to post my weight to you on November 1st in order to be accurate.
    Thanks for making the group and I am in the United States, I don’t know how many are from the U.S. I came across the 5:2 Fast Diet after struggling for 2 decades of trying to lose weight and after finding the book, I read it and reread it and keep it close to refer to it, I had started the Haylie Pomroy program learning to eat clean has really helped me when I started the 5:2 Fast it is less restrictive and although using the coconut aminos and liquid aminos and rice pastas has really helped me with this process.
    Thank you again for posting the challenge…

Hi Cathyh46 do you realise this thread is a year old lol? – think you have lost your way a little on the threads. We have a 31 day challenge for October going and a new one planned for November. If you click my name it will take you to my profile and if you click my replies it will show you on threads that I have replied to. Click on 31 day October challenge to find your way back. Hope I am pointing you in the place you want to be. I’ll look out for you there.

Hello Cathyh46

Here is the link for the November 2016 challenge.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/30-day-november-2016-challenge/#post-172567

See you there 🙂

Hi @goldensun thank you 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 401 through 424 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply.