Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

This topic contains 423 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyh46 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 424 total)

• Weighing in at 119.8 lbs this morning. Xmas target reached. πŸ™‚ Just need to keep it there over Xmas.

Three fast days this week. Alternate day fasting on weekdays: Monday, Wednesday & Friday.

On fast days I usually have one meal of vegetable soup. Home made chicken or vegetable stock, blitzed up with pak choi or spinach and fresh ginger root. Then pile in the bite sized chunks of carrot, broccoli and cauliflower. Sometimes add a little sweetcorn. That comes to about 200->250 cals. If I’m feeling hungry or expecting an especially active day I add a few beans taking it up to about 300 cals.

Hi Life’s please don’t despair. I know exactly how you feel having had a big blip earlier this month which knocked my chances of getting to target very slim. I had to pick myself up and just do the best i can. Don’t let the numbers on the scale get to you. Relish the feeling of being fitter – look to the positives from where you where then to where you are now. The exercise that you do now to what you did previously. Sometimes for whatever reason the scale takes a jump up. It can be for numerous reasons maybe your little indulgences have caught up and this is a reminder to look carefully at your plan. There is also nothing to say if you got on the scales tomorrow or the next day that the gain would have gone. Unless your scale actually gives a body fat analysis it can only give an indication of what is going on. Maybe you just need (how do I put this politely) not so much a whoosh but something more substantial lol!!!!!
    Fatkat well done for getting to target!

Hi PJ don’t worry a chocolate fish is just a ‘virtual’ reward. If you follow the link AH provided you can read all about them. No tasting is involved lol.

I meant Christmas target Fatkat

<120 lbs is also my long term weight target. πŸ™‚

I feel I’m still carrying a little too much fat around my hips & thighs, so I’ll probably let the weight drop a little lower, but concentrate on optimum nutrition and exercise. Of course I’ll stick with fasting once or twice a week for the other health benefits.

Hi everyone, Sun shining and blue skies in Bonny Scotland, well this part anyway! Think there is more rain in the west, my heart goes out to those poor people who have been flooded out of their homes. Its bad at any time of year but always seems worse at Christmas!
    OH took me out for lunch yesterday. A local pub has reopened under new management after years of being in the doldrums. Very nice, and lovely food, but not much for me to chose, grain free and healthy. So… ended up stuffing my face with Scampi and Chips!!! Delightful, but there it is on the scales again today. I seem to be going in the wrong direction at the moment, and for the first time my size 12 jeans are feeling pinched at the waist!!! Yuk. OK, this stops here and now. I probably wont make my target by the 19th, but I will do my best during the last few days of this challenge. The good thing is I am working a few hours most days over the lunch period, so will probably skip lunch altogether and save calories for evening meals.
    Lifesabeach – don’t worry too much about what the scales say, it seems you are exercising more than enough, and getting healthier by the day. Sometimes our bodies just fight it for a while, but I found as long ass I stick to the two days fasting, it all comes right in the end.
    PJBR – I live near Dundee, so quite a way from Edinburgh, especially now the bridge is closed. Upagumtree and I meet up occasionally for lunch, it is nice to be able to put a face to a name.
    So – fast day again tomorrow, and am working pm. so my eating window will be extended to 23 hours. Hopefully what I have gained will disappear in time for Christmas. Then I really will be packing it on again!!! Ooops! TTl

Hi all
    Just back from a lovely weekend of pre Christmas celebrations with friends so fasting b2b and not weighing til the end of the week. You don’t need to know what deliciousness I met!!

I quickly caught up on posts above and found more ups and oops than expected, accompanied by further pledges to get back on track – good for you all.

Can I encourage those of you who have had overall (not week by week) reductions over the past months to PLEASE remind yourself how far you’ve come, preferably by posting on the stats forum I set up to give others a realistic picture of this woe –

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-motivational-statistics-from-sticking-to-the-programme/#post-122860

I know ACTION, LIFESA, THIRDTIME and UPAGUM all have great stats to share.

I’ve been holding steady for the last 4 days at 129 lbs even after over indulging at a Christmas party on Saturday night. I didn’t drink so that helped but I did feel the need to sample all of the goodies on display, some twice. Sunday was a fast day and today will be another. I’m skipping the office pot luck on Wednesday – I know exactly how those things go – and I’m also skipping the company Christmas reception on Friday (yes I am a grinch). I have no more social occasions until Christmas Eve so I should be able to maintain or even lose an other pound or two before then. After those few days of family and food are over I know I can get back to my fasting life and lose anything I might gain.

Hello! I am still in the game…..we had our holiday party here at our house Saturday so I was really stoked to be down not up! I am down 1.5 so I need half a pound to meet my goal so I am going for it!

It is absolutely true that you need to take a long view….I am going very slowly but since the beginning of the year I am down over ten pounds….if I can do that again I will be a healthy weight in less than a year! so don’t get impatient!

Morning All, just a quick catch up with everyone who is still with us, it’s 5 days to go until we all take a deep breath and declare our achievements. For me I had a big breakthrough this morning smashing another kilogram barrier and closer to my end of year goal but I’ll save it for the end of the week just in case tomorrow’s christmas lunch gets out of control πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

So how close are you to that Christmas goal. Reading the posts above most are doing great with the occassional seasonal hic-up due to festive celebrations and that’s to be expected however if these had been planned in your monthly calendar then the surprises may not have been as severe if they were unplanned, if that makes sense….

I’ll do an update of everyones posts tonight if I can fit it in and acknowledge everyones wins.

CHIPMUNK, I’ll do a post to your Statistics Forum at the end of the week after I complete my last couple of FD’s. My Profile goal of reaching 78kg is going to be missed by a little bit, that was my reach for the Stars goal however I think the Moon is still achievable between now and Christmas week.

Take care everyone and don’t lose focus of that skinny goal for Chraitmas.

Cheers, Mike

Whoops, that should have been “Christmas” not Chraitmas πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Hi AH – did you get my email I sent re spread sheet?

I will be weighing in on Friday morning and unless another Christmas miracle happens I will not have made my Christmas target/goal but I have made progress which is I suppose what counts at the end of the day.

Hi CODA, just checked my In Box and even Spam folder but don’t see anything that I can regognise as maybe your message. Email address in my Profile is correct, maybe try again. Mike

AH thanks will do.

Is anyone else finding it hard to give 100% to fast days? not sure because I know I have another Christmas lunch tomorrow – finding it hard to stick to my fast day today the way I usually do πŸ™

AH – sent another but will also try from my work email. Subject Little Voices.

Hi AH – email sent from work email as well – Thanks

Coda, yesterday’s planned fast day went off the rails thanks to the company Christmas potluck. I didn’t attend the actual lunch and had a cup of broth instead but I found myself unable to resist sampling a few of the leftover desserts. I didn’t go completely whole hog but I know those little bites and tastes can add up. It taught me that my mind can play tricks with rationalization and justification. I guess it could have been a whole lot worse. Today will be an unplanned fast day to make up for it. Good luck with your company lunch!

Hi, sorry i have been awol , been verybusy with visitors, cleaning, dusting, shopping!its funny that once you start what you tell you’rself will only be a 30 minute job, usually takes three hours cleaning things you hadnt even noticed were dirty! Still fasting 4/3 after two weeks of nothing lost another kilo yesterday so happy with that.
    I find that if i have food out, biscuits, crackers etc i suffer hand to mouth syndrome so no food out from now on, only on the big day! It will be interesting to see what happens on christmas day as my stomach has shrunk i dont thinki will be able to stuff my face so keeping everything crossed! Doing a wine tour through mclarenvale wineries on sunday in a stretch hummer ,hope its not too hot. The weather here has been crazy, hot as hades one minute, massive electrical storm, followed up with hail the size of golf balls! Merry christmas everyone and may the force be with u, yes i am a star wars affectionado!!

CODA : I just logged on to post that I’m finding it difficult to stick to my fast days. Today is my 3rd but I’m struggling. I think I went over 500 cals yesterday too. I haven’t completely lost control but just struggling.

I have the work’s Christmas Dinner tomorrow at one of my favourite restaurants. I will fast all day until the meal.

May well have put on what I lost. I still have fast days scheduled next week and every week for that matter.

Even though I’m struggling I’m not eating half as much chocolate and sweets as I usually do this time of year!

Good luck everyone for the last weigh in of this challenge!

It’s Friday morning here and I’ve weighed in…….. I’m glad I didn’t set too difficult a pledge.

ACTION I can report that despite holidays, weekends away, the usual Christmas activities and a fantastic dinner out last night (accompanied by far too much wine) I am at 1.9kg for the Christmas Challenge. As I pledged a 2kg, being 100gms short seems to me to be success!!

Wishing everyone have a happy and healthy Christmas from sunny NZ! And remember – Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc with your seafood, and New Zealand Pinot Noir with turkey and ham!

Good morning all.

The final weigh in for this challenge and I’m pleased to say that I’m still at goal. So my pledge of 4lbs has been reached and maintained.

I will continue to post throughout the festive period on this thread if that’s ok and I will join the January challenge too. Even though I am at my ultimate goal I feel I still need the support of this group to maintain.

Wishing everyone a Christmas filled with joy and laughter and warmest wishes and gratitude for all your support since I joined this great forum.

xoxo

Weighing in this morning at 118.5 lbs. 1.5 lbs below my Xmas target. πŸ™‚

Hi Final weigh in and stayed the same as last week so didn’t reach my target but I am not too concerned as this will be something I am doing week in week out so will get there eventually, just not this week and off course I weigh less now than I did last month – so that in itself is an achievement! As posting on this forum has become as much a WOL as fasting I too will be dropping in from time to time before the new challenge begins for January. Not sure I know how to post a link to get to the new topic (when I start it off course) but I am sure some kind person will step in if I can’t work it out by then.

Wishing you all my fellow fasters and little voices a lovely, happy and safe Christmas and look forward to leading you in the new year. Think I have the easiest month as you will all be fired up and full of ambition to achieve your goals and resolutions for the coming year anyway lol. Liz x

Sorry – a very well done to those you have achieved their target or in the case of FatKat surpassed it! CONGRATULATIONS to you all!

Morning everyone
    Down 1/2 lb which brings me back to my lowest weight of 9st 2 3/4 lbs. not quite the 9 st I was looking for, but that’s 4 1/4 lbs lighter than the start of this challenge. My next challenge is to be at 9 stone by January 17th which will be a year after starting 5:2.
    I too will be checking in over the holidays, and I will still fast on my two days a week as it won’t affect the festivities, so who knows, I may make it yet! Like Action says, reach for the moon and accept the stars!
    I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a Peaceful and Happy New Year, and hope 2016 brings everything you wish for yourselves, (including a healthy and slimline body!)
    Thank you all on Little Voices for being there along the way, and being so supportive of one another. What a team we make! TTL

I’m happy to say that I’m still at 129 pounds for my final weigh in. I’ve met my revised goal as well as my targeted number of fasting days. This challenge has been an educational experience for me and this is a way of life I plan to continue. My new goal is to maintain my loss and to still weigh less than 130 at the end of next year.

Congratulations to everyone who have reached or surpassed their target. Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year!

CODA. At the top of this forum in blue is “Start a new forum in weight loss” If you click on that it brings up a new form and you can create the January page. Then copy the address line from the browser and paste it into your message on this Chrisrmas Challenge forum and we’ll all know where to go to make our New Year Resolutions!!

Hope that is a clear instruction!!

Like most others I’ll be checking to to make sure I stay on programme. Too much achieved to go back and the support and help here is priceless. Thanks all. Happy Christmas πŸŽ‰Hope you get some of this 🌞😎🍸🍸🍰🎁and none of this 😫

My final weigh-in for this challenge is down 4.5 lbs. I’d aimed for 5 but I will take what i have got. Total loss to date since April 28 is 32.5 lbs. I have between 5 and 10 to go, and hope to get rid of some of them before we leave for Cuba (Jan 3) as we don’t have too many Christmas events on our calendar this year. All our children and grandchildren are going to Florida! Which is very expensive — the Canadian dollar is at an all-time low compared to the US dollar. I don’t expect that anyone will be bringing home any presents for us. πŸ˜‰ We get to dog-sit.

I will continue to drop in here just to see how everyone is doing. In the meantime, congratulations to ALL OF US, and may the holiday season be moderate and may 2016 be the year in which we all reach the physical form we’ve been aiming for.

Weight loss for the week is 1.3kgs (2lbs 13 ozs) working off my Christmas gain. End weight is 62.1kgs. Total for the 6 weeks is 4.5kgs (9lbs 14ozs). Not doing anything except staying indoors. The temperature is already 38C or 100F and it is only 9.30am. We are heading for low 40’s and hot for the rest of the week. There is a total fire ban day with the winds picking up again. Lets hope there are no busfires today.

Hi Everyone from the great white north. Sorry I was awol for most of this month but we have had company and not much to report. I have been lurking I admit. In total I lost 2.5 pounds. My lofty goal I think was 8, but I am down to the last bit of weight and it is slow going. Of course holidays are not helping. I am finding my fast days way easier now and I look forward to them. I am also lifting 3 days a week so that might be affecting loss. I am not to worried about it, just going to stay the course and hope it comes soon. Hope everyone stays on track through the holidays. Enjoy the time for yourself and family and friends. I got out on x country skis last week and heading out tomorrow. Happy to have lots of snow up here. Merry Christmas

Managed an extra fast day yesterday so weighing in this morning at 117.9 lbs .

Target over Xmas festivities is to keep my weight below 120 lbs

Wow–you guys are rocking it!!

I second the post that having food out is a huge HUGE trip-up. Especially the chips and crackers and nuts. This will be one of my key challenges for the next three weeks because my 6’4″ 20 year old, juijitsu/biking son will be home and he needs a lot of food!!!! And my 12 year old daughter wants to do baking.

I ended a half pound from my very modest goal of 2 pounds. I’m still thankful for it as the time period included Thanksgiving, two birthdays, company Christmas party, etc. etc. Now if I can maintain for the next three weeks, I envision lots of progress for 2016!!

I will be having fast days as I can during the holidays to try to contain the damage. The last fast day I had I had some issues, which is a little unusual for me. Generally I do well on fast days and it’s the regular days that are the problem. Anyway, I’ll try to pop on regularly to keep mindful and on goal.

Happy Holidays!!! Thanks for being there!!!!

Final weigh in results AH….. down 2 lb overall at 168 [my goal had been 6]. I was down 3 at the halfway point, then went away on vacation etc, put on 2, and just found it tougher to get back on track, so only managed to re-lose one of them between holiday events etc. Also when I went for pre radiation ct scans last week {to get the beams in the radiation field calculated correctly} they said not to gain or lose weight til treatment is over [mid Feb……. ] sigh. I will get that third pound back off — they can’t be that picky!! And, come January I will lurk for inspiration.
    Still 2 down is better than what it could be at this time of year! And since May I have svelted away 17 lb. I believe in the process, so will carry on further when this #@* is done in Feb to meet my long term goal of a healthy BMI, which is about a stone more for you Brits:)
    Best wishes for a happy holiday everyone in this lovely group.
    ps Lifesabeach — might you be gaining muscle weight?? Rommy — I toured a group of wineries near Adelaide years ago by camel! And Coda, twist my arm…love those NZ wines!

Hello everybody, sorry I have been awol for a while (busy, busy). Realise I forgot to check in last Friday. So here now is my final result for Santa’s sleigh:

Pledged amount 6 pounds,
    Total loss 2 pounds.

The loss figure was actually 3 pounds a couple of weeks ago but I seem to have found a pound since then! I too have been having difficulty keeping to under 500 on some of my fast days during this feasting season so this will explain that extra pound. I have resolved to do better from now and fit in two ‘good’ fast days over the next two weeks.

Chipmunk, sorry I haven’t got around to posting my stats on your thread – I had been holding off for the final results on this challenge.

Coda, I will be joining the new LV challenge when you set it up in January.

Hoping you all have a happy festive time and hope the weather doesn’t spoil your plans – be that too hot sun or floods or snow!!

Action Hero, are you going to give us our little Christmas gift – ie a picture of your transformed self?? Go on! – It’s Christmas!!!

Up

http://www.thefastestchange.com s a website that provides you with all necessary information about the world of fitness. It helps you to find the fastest way to lose weight.

Hi all – If everyone can let me know who is going to be joining LV January’s accountability challenge please so I can make sure your name is included in the spread sheet. I have you enlisted Upa! Thanks

Hi, guys! I’m finally back, after bowing out in September. My elderly mom finally passed away Sept. 26th, and it took me this long to get my mind back in the game.

I sure missed all my UK and otherworldly fast friends; missed your morning happy emails that were so nice to start the day with, and your collective sense of humor! I SO need that, especially now.

Happy to report no weight gain through all of the few months I have been gone, except for the 5 lbs I keep losing and regaining! Still at 150 lbs, and just started doing 72-96 hour water fasts.But then I binge, so my goal for the new year, when you have January posted, is to learn to control that!

I haven’t had a chance to read through all of Nov./Dec., but hope everyone is doing well in all respects.

I too forgot to log in last week. With all the work xmas lunches and parties, I managed to do 11 fast days and lost a total of 5.8 lbs. I was an optimistic newbie and pledged 15 lbs lol! But I am still happy with my meager 5.8 loss.

Coda, please add me to the January accountability challenge.

Thanks!

Coda, count me in for accountability.

Hi Guys, I’m still here but only just, what a mad time of the year this is !!!

I’ll update all our weight reduction reports very soon and give everyone a final wrap up for our Challenge. There are still some last minute log ins coming in which I’ll include and we’ll have a celebration of everything skinny. Talk again soon. Cheers Mike

Hi Coda

Count me in for January Accountability please.

Hi Coda, count me in for the January Accountability challenge. Thanks!

Hi Coda, count me in for January. Am nearly at target and need all you Little Voices to get me there.
    Have a great Christmas everyone, and 2016 is going to be a successful one in keeping the weight off. Thanks to you all for your past support, titters, smiles, laughs and anecdotes, keep em coming.
    TTL

Hi everyone, just to say that overall I did not lose anything at all for this period. After my little holiday in November I put on I have put on another 2 pounds so back up to 12.7. I did keep up with 2 fast a week and intermittent fasting as well but nothing was moving😳I tried fasting yesterday but gave up.

Not sure starting weight for the new year will be yet but I will take it in my stride enjoy my daughters 16th birthday on Xmas eve and also Christmas day and the season in moderation and start again in full in the new year. I noticed that when I eat too much carb I do not lose as much so something to put more effort in for next year.

Well done to all that stuck to it this far.
    Thanks action hero for doing this.
    Bring on 2016 year to reach my GOAL of 11 stone 70kg
    Have a merry Christmas πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ…you all and a happy new yearπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Hi Coda pls sign me up for the January challenge. Thanks

Hi coda please sign me up for January challenge
    I have been reading all your messages an your all very inspirational I have been fasting on an off since Dec doing abit here an a bit there, it’s kept my weight the same an loosing pds an gaining so very yo yo for me, but if I can keep from putting on over the festive period that’s a bonus.
    I think half of it is I haven’t been planning an just woke up feeling bloated an think I need a fast day, so after reading a lot of your thoughts and ideas I am going to have regimental fast days an save my calories for evening time. Looking forward to a proper start in January but I am going to fast today an stick to Tuesday as a fast day in the new year, May have to do tomorrow as don’t want to be fasting xmas eve, I’m thinking the key is to get straight back into fasting on the 27th an not have the whole of Christmas associated with food and drink,
    It will be tonight when I will find it hardest so I might be back on for more inspiration.

Hi

I have the following signed up for January – Chipmunk, Fastnlady, Foomsy, Golden Sun, SDS, S1u2e3, Thirdtimelucky and Upagumtree. Keep em coming!

Fitnfast so sorry to hear about your Mum – no matter what age parents are and even though we know no-one can go on for ever it is still hard to say goodbye. The first year I think is the hardest as you have all the firsts to get through, first Christmas, first birthday but it does get easier as time passes. I still feel my Mums presence at times – if I am baking I am sure I feel her look over my shoulder lol! She was missing the day I forgot to put sugar in my shortbread though!

Maybe between now and the new year could everyone ensure they have put a few words into their profile. SDS and Fitnfast yours are missing of action lol!!If you are not sure what to write have a look at some others (click on their name).

Just a thought to keep you going – Success – is the accumulation of all your failures! Perseverance, tenacity and commitment pave the path for your vision, ideas and dreams. Visualise it, plan the path, stick with the journey – and whatever you are dreaming of will come!

Visualising and accountability will be the talked about thing in January so start dreaming and planning now!

Sorry another few thoughts – what do people use as the base line for their fast days? Do you use the standard calculation 2000 calories (non fast days) 500 cals (fast days) or have you used the tracker in this forum and worked out what your TDEE is? Do you know as the weight comes down your TDEE gets less. Maybe time to check you are keeping within your TDEE.

Also lets get one of AH’s blank planners and start thinking how many fast days you are planning to have for January, lets also put in any birthdays, celebrations and work round them. What exercise do you plan to do – do you do any classes? Schedule these times and write them in, make a date to incorporate something with someone (oops that was maybe too suggestive lol) I really meant do something energetic – ha ha better stop digging! What I am saying is plan it – write it down the way you would do any important meeting and you will be more inclined to follow through.

Hi, all,

I’m down another 1.5 lbs today, which is good news, but there is no spread sheet to put it on except the one in my head. Unless AH hasn’t finished his tallies yet, in which case he can add it to the 4.5 already reported for a total of 6 lbs since November 1.

FitnFast, my condolences to you. I lost my mom when I was 14, so I haven’t had to endure the loss of her as an elderly person (that’s the only upside I can think of!) But I was responsible for the care of her sister, and the care involved with the very elderly is unbelievably draining. There is relief for them and well as you when it comes to a conclusion, but then you start remembering everything they used to be and you realize what you’ve lost. Anyway, that’s my experience.

Please add me to the Challenge for January, although I’ll be away in Cuba from Jan 3 to 13 so my loss may be negligible. I’ll be pretty close to goal by then so my big target is not to GAIN while I’m away.

Mary duly added to the list – have a lovely time in Cuba. Thanks Chipmunk for the directions I had a look and believe I will be able to start our January thread ok. I plan to start open it on Tuesday 29 so watch this space!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply.