Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

This topic contains 423 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyh46 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 424 total)

• Hi GOLDEN SUN and TTL: (and everyone else who lurks in these Forums) I’m so pleased I can be a help with personal motivation, not just something that overlaps with your 5:2 WOL but also with other personal aspects of daily life. Everyone’s life journey has different ups and downs, challenges to be met, decisions to be made, emotions to be overcome.

We are all held back in some way in our lives by our personal “FEARS” (False Expectations Appearing Real) and we all need a little nudge now and then to move us forward in our decisions that impact on daily life. Many people become paralysed by FEAR and make no decisions until sometimes too late.

The Introvert and Extrovert personalities are excellent examples of how we make decisions and of course this is just human nature in action. Neither one is of course the “right one” given any set of circumstances however once we realise which box we each fit into then life does become easier. I would recommend anyone who hasn’t done one, to do a Personalty Profile to establish which “box” you fit into. Once you realise why you react to certain circumstances and understand your Profile then you can do something about it and recognise the signals.

For example, relating to food and the 5:2 lifestyle, if your personality profile suggests you have trouble initiating change into your life then guess what, the 5:2 WOL will be a struggle for you because that little voice in your head (your subconscious mind) will fight it. Once you know how to beat your “little voice” and introduce acceptable changes into your life will it become (more) successful.

This probably also explains The Plateau State so many of us experience. If your subsconious mind tells you “getting below X lbs on the scales is impossible for you, you haven’t been that weight since you were married, get real, you can’t reach that goal” guess how hard it will actually be to reach that goal. We self sabotage ourselves and let our subsconious minds influence our outcomes. Once we understand this process and understand our Personalty then we can start to influence our outcomes.

Have a little bit of fun with this Free On Line test:

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

If this is the first time you’ve ever done a Profile you may be surprised. Share the results with someone close to you who knows you well and get them to comment. I shared my first one with my wife and her comment was “that’s you to a tee Honey” and I was disappointed hearing her say that because I actually didn’t agree with the results that I read. It took her to jolt me into reality about some of my personal traits and it gave me reason to change some of my thoughts and actions towards others in my life.

Enough from me this morning, have a great weekend everyone. All you guys “over there” have a great Thanksgiving Holiday with your loved ones and if you over indulge then there’s always an extra FD you can do next week 🙂 🙂

I’m off for another 3 days of golf this weekend with “the boys” so hopefully not too many beers and pizzas. Talk again Monday, take care everyone Mike

PS I’ve just reread what I wrote above before pushing GO and realised this Forum we are all in is of course called “LITTLE VOICES” Hmmmmm isn’t that interesting !!!!! Someone else knows something about this me thinks…..

Yikes AH – I’m a psychologist with expertise in psychometric assessment and nothing scares/riles me more than people taking pseudo on-line personality assessments. Any psych assessment must have a qualified person work through the results.

This is an area of professionalism I can’t let slide. There is so much damage done by these unvalidated assessments.

On a less rabid note, I am a happy Chipmunk toady –

Weigh in showed a 1.1kg (2.4lb) reduction for the last three weeks! Amazing given my holiday. Makes my total for the Santa challenge 1.2kg (2.6lb) so far.

Guests arriving today for a long weekend so I will make sure I stay within TDEE then fast 3 days next week.

Hope everyone has had a successful week.

Actually, I am a happy Chipmunk TODAY (not a toady – at least my personality assessment doesn’t say I’m a toady 😉

Fair enough Chipmunk, I hear what you say.

The above one is assessed on the 16 common styles, I personally can’t see too much harm in dipping the toe in the water if it’s something new to anyone and they get an general overview of their answers. An On Line Over View normally leaves more questions unanswered than answered and I’ve dealt with many clients who have had massive Ah Ha moments when they realise how their lives have been shaped from their personality style and it’s their choice how deep they want to explore further definitions from qualified experts.

Anyway folks, there’re two opinions. If you have any anxiety after doing the test then please be careful and seek some professional advice if you require more assistance.

Gosh Chipmunk, hope you have calmed down by now. Action suggested we had ‘a little bit of fun’ with the on line test, and I for one would take any results with a Bit of fun. I do find Actions ‘words of wisdom ‘ in his postings enlightening and helpful and supportive, and I’m a great believer in take what you like, and leave the rest.
    Sorry to hear this issue is upsetting you, but would hope I would not need a psychologist to help me deal with the results, probably just someone to hold me up whilst falling about laughing? Glad to hear you are now a happy Chipmunk. tomorrow is another day, and I for one hope the result on the scales is a positive one. Have a great weekend everyone, here’s to more reductions leading up to the beginning of December.
    TTL

So I’ve lost the 2lbs I put on last week. So total weight loss for this challenge is 3lbs, which was my goal. I will see if I can lose another 1lb but I really think that is it then as I am now size 8/10 and I’m very happy with my size. I have a pair of size 10 jeans that are falling off me without a belt.

Clearing the clutter from my body has helped me see the clutter in other aspects of my life.

I took the online survey and I do find them helpful and insightful but wouldn’t take them too seriously or let them affect me to the degree that I need the help of a psychologist. If I do, I’m lucky that I have a couple of friends that are psychologists 🙂

Good luck everyone and have a lovely weekend. I’m in London visiting friends this weekend.

No harm, no foul. Just remember everyone isn’t as robust as the strong and supportive Little Voices group we have!

Have a great week everyone.

Didn’t sleep well last night, actually hungry, although I got up for an hour to read, I just had a herbal tea. Eventually went back to sleep only for the alarm to shake me up again. Looking back I ate less than 400 cals, so understood why I was hungry.
    Success today – 3/4 lb disappeared! Now down to 9 st 3 3/4lbs. Reduction for the month now 3 1/4 lbs.
    Had lots of compliments at Pilates yesterday which gave me a boost. Am actually wearing skin tight leggings now, no lumps and bumps and feeling taller!
    Well done Golden Sun on reaching goal. I’m right behind you! I too have been decluttering, and more things are waiting to go to the charity shop. I can now see at a glance what is hanging in my wardrobe, without having to fight to find something. It is a truly uplifting experience. And the good thing is I don’t miss any of the clothes that are gone. Begs the question, do we really need all this stuff? I made a pact with myself that as I shrunk out of clothes, I would let them go, confirming my determination that I would not grow into them again.
    High winds and torrential rain today up here after a beautiful day yesterday of 12 degrees. Think it’s a day to stay at home. I really need to decluttering my kitchen drawers and cupboards. Now I’m not cheffing, a lot of my ‘stuff’ is redundant. Time for a sort out. Have a great day everyone, and enjoy you’re golf Action, remember to keep you’re head down!!! TTL

Hi, all,

Lots of excitement and ups and downs on this thread since the last time I checked in. I also think it’s a great forum and it has helped me often.

This week contained my birthday, but I restricted myself to one cupcake (well, actually, it was my husband who bought two cupcakes for us to have for dessert, knowing that I’d be disappointed in myself if he bought a cake and I ate too much. He’s very supportive, too.)

I’m very happy to report a 2 lb loss this week, bringing my total for the challenge to 4.5 lbs. I have 2.5 left to go between now and the 18th to meet my goal for this challenge. Onwards!

AH – Thanks for that bit of fun. I did the test and when the results came back I was surprised! It is the same as the Meyers-Briggs personality test I took years and years ago, in the workplace. Yay! The results were the same! Going over it with my husband he agreed on all the traits as they applied to me.
    One in particular is that when an issue is important to me, I will delve into it with robust enthusiasm and may be even evangelical about it. Enter this lifestyle we have all embarked on. Starting at the beginning of this year it has been my passion. Right on! And I would not change a thing about my personality. Fun!

So,this enthusiasm and determination and dedication to this way of life has allowed me to report a decrease in my weight. (finally) As I have said before, since we started this fashion I have been up and down repeatedly, but finally, today, I can report a modest loss from my starting weight Nov 1.

1.4 pounds loss.

Cannot remember what my goal was.

“fashion” should read “challenge”

Post Thanksgiving fast day for me. Ate whatever the heck I wanted yesterday and am still not the least bit hungry today. I have been doing the number of fast days that I committed to, but I think I’ve really been lax on the feeding days and need to tighten up a bit. If I can get to 150 by the end of the challenge, I will be happy. And of course, I CAN get there, I just need to do what needs to be done.

Hi everyone! Well no whoosh for me this week, but that was to be expected after a three and half pound loss last week. Since that weigh in whilst I have managed three fast days I also spent last weekend wining and dining and a bit more wining to celebrate my other half’s 50th (no cake though!) I then did a b2b fast Monday and Tuesday and ate well below my allowance on Wednesday….UNTIL a friend popped round with a very nice bottle of wine which somehow turned into a second…and some nibbles….(oopsie) then Thursday went a bit askew with a very nice impromptu evening meal out followed by a huge slice of chocolate cake (double oopsie) but I did fast again on Friday. Went to the gym 3 times too, but I was very worried stepping on the scales this morning. All things considered I was actually quite pleased to see only a 1lb gain (so my monthly total is 3 and half pounds). I can’t remember my pledge up til Christmas, I think it was 5lbs, which I am still aiming to achieve, but my diary is filling up fast with lots of very nice social activities. My aim is to continue doing 3 fast days a week (the extra one to hopefully counteract with any overindulgences) and up my gym to a minimum of 4 visits a week. I do not want to go back over 11 stone so I will be keeping a close eye on the scales to ensure my plan is working. Good luck everyone! keep focussed and be happy. PS: By the way AH I did that personal profile test for fun, and it had me down to a T! made me smile, but thank you Chipmunk for your wise words advising us to tread carefully and to not read too much into it, I appreciate your care 🙂

Hi everyone, not a very happy bunny at the moment. For the month of November i lost 1lb in the first 2 week and then went on holiday for 4 day and put on 3.5lbs. Since i have been back from my short break i have done 3 good fasts.lots of water etc you name it and i have only lost .5lbs. so in all it seems i have put on 2lbs i think. i will weigh myself again tomorrow morning and see if there is any difference from yesterday. If not ah well i’ll take it and if there is yipee. Will keep battling or slugging it out with the weight loss till i beat it for good this time. Anyway i hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Morning all- not much different. so for month of Nov its a gain of 2.5lbs.
    But on the plus side since October i have lost 4cm form my Bust,
    2.7cm from my waist
    and 3cm from my hips.
    18 more days to go and hoping for the best.

Hello everyone! I’m quite happy with my November results – a total of 6.4 pounds gone! I’ve surpassed my expectations and now I’m going for a little extra just as a cushion. I weighed in at 131.6 this morning after indulging with some wine and chocolate on Saturday. That’s another .6 to add to Santa’s sleight from me. I’m loving this lifestyle and can see using this method forever to finally take control of my weight. It’s Fast day #13 today! Next week I’ll take measurements and calculate the number of inches/cm I’ve lost since I started this.

I hope everybody has a great week and a great December!

Wow–you guys have a lot of energy going on here!!! Very encouraging.

I’m just popping on to get back on track this week. I pretty much blew it for the past five days between my son coming home, my daughter’s birthday and Thanksgiving!! Thursday is MY birthday but I’m not going to let that sabotage anything.

Anyway, I’m not even getting on the scale until later. I’m going to do three fast days this week and really watch on the days in between. I’m hoping to undo the damage if I stay focused……

I’m with you CAROLINA, three days fasting this week after a weekend of guests and eating and drinking (not that we have Thanksgiving here in NZ) and weigh in at the end of the week.

Stay strong and enjoy your birthday without going wild. think how good you’ll look in a new smaller size dress!

Happy birthday, CarolinaKatz!

Good morning all from a very cold and snowy Dundee. The skiers will be delighted to see the white stuff, I am not a skier!!!
    Have gained slightly after yesterday’s fast, which is normal for me, then I tend to lose after Thursday’s fast, so will post my weekly result Friday morning. In the meantime I have done my end of month measurements. Results:
    1/2″ gone from bust
    1/2″ gone from hips
    1″ gone from thighs
    BMI now down to 24.7 from 28.5 when starting
    Weight reduction so far 22 lbs

Pleased with these results. Can’t seem to move the wee bulge around the waist, but it will go eventually.
    Just 4 lbs to go to target, have cut my daily cals to 1000 in the hope of getting to my target by the 19th. Will try my best, but hey, Action isn’t holding a gun to my head, so no stress! JUST KEEP TO THE PROGRAMME ,

Have a great day all, off to get pampered at the hairdressers today, hope the roads are not too bad.

Great attitude, TTL! That’s my philosophy this time around too – KEEP TO THE PROGRAMME (or PROGRAM, as we say here in Canada ;-)). We’ve set an end date for this challenge and everybody has set a goal to lose a certain number of lbs or Kgs but in reality there is no end date. If the pledged weight doesn’t come off by December 19th it’s not the end – life will continue on and I have faith that if we really do KEEP TO THE PROGAMME the results will eventually follow. Don’t lose hope and completely fall off the wagon if the goals are not met by December 19th, just really DO your best (not try).

Hi well down 1.4 kg which nearly brings me back after my big blip last week and a little blip the week previously. I wholeheartedly agree fastinlady its not as though we will all stop on 19th, we will just carry on but having a challenge gives us something to aim for. I always was a terrible shot! I have decided to do a fast Monday Wednesday and Friday from now until 15th which will be my last weigh in for the end of the challenge. It was only going to be one more extra FD but I have a dinner with an overnight stay coming up 12th Dec so would like to feel good and off set the damage of a dinner,few drinks and full Irish the next morning might do!
    I too took the test (for a bit of fun) and believe I am unscathed 🙂 most of my result was over my head but the bits I did understand seemed to sum me up and I didn’t seem a bad person to have around. So trying to set my mind for a couple of weeks keeping to the plan and hoping for a result!
    What are us little voices doing between the end of the challenge and the new year? Just dropping in or will we be setting up something over the Christmas period to keep those focused on posting results? I will be carrying on with the plan but it would be nice to keep in touch with everyone as the help and support I get is invaluable.

Hello everyone!

This is my weekly check-in. I was too nervous to weigh myself after the thanksgiving holiday excess, so after a back to back Monday/Tuesday fast, I weighed in this morning and I lost 1.8 lbs. I have no idea how, but very happy! So far in 3 weeks, I’ve loaded up Santa with 6.8 lbs.

Thanks to this forum, I’ve already learned to forgive myself for my evil doings and as TTL says – just STICK WITH THE PROGRAM! 🙂

Hi Coda,
    I will be checking in as normal over Christmas and new year. I think it’s a foregone conclusion that I will increase over the holidays, but will still stick to my programme anyway. It has become such a way of life now that if I miss a day, I can’t wait to fast again.
    It’s a bit early yet, but have we got anyone to take over the helm of Little Voices for January. This is the month where we all bare our souls and admit to the delights and torture of the holidays. Haha! Who will be able to handle us all through the start of 2016?

Have to admit to scoffing my first mince pie of the season today, and you know what – I didn’t enjoy it!!!
    This heavy carb wreaks havoc with my digestion. Teaches me yet again what wheat does to my body.

Well done all you losers. Will do my weekly check in Friday . TTL

Morning All, I feel I have been neglecting my obligations these past few days however just reading all the posts above you guys are very supportive of each other so this whole group is self sustaining no matter who is around.

The common theme coming through these past few days is STICK WITH THE PROGRAM and I’m sure everyone finds this out very quickly and once our faith is reassured that “the programme” does work then the non fast days shouldn’t really worry us anymore. Just like last weekend for me, 3 days of golf, far too many beers and wrong food types, 3 rounds of golf and >60,000 steps on my pedometer, however I’ve completed two FD’s since Monday and I’ve recovered the damage done from the beer and over indulgences. The Programme is our friend and it allows us to have fun, indulge occassionally and then recover with a little bit of discipline afterwards. If only we all knew about this amazing lifestyle years ago how different some of our lives may have been

OK, our progress will be updated tomorrow and I’ll report week 4 results by the weekend, I can see some great results coming in and it’s only 17 days to our magic Goal day so what do we need to do between now and then to reach those stars we are aiming for?

Talk again soon and everyone take care Mike

Hi, sorry guys for not logging in sooner, I have been very busy finishing off my advent calanders for 1st December, lots of grandkinds carol services, end of term concerts etc.falling into bed at 2 am. My loss for last week was 1.2kg so I am very happy with November results.
    Good news is my little (or not so little) black dress fits like a dream bad news, jackets are hanging off me, so on top of everything else on my to do list, shop for new jacket! I wanted to wear it tonite to my grandsons graduation ceremony as I am so fed up of wearing pants with baggy tops so somehow have to fit in a shopping expedition.
    I have fitted a bit of hit exercise in, everytime I make a cup of tea or coffee I do half a minute of skipping, don’t laugh! without the rope as I cant seem to jump high enough and scared of getting rope tangled, so if all you guys down there in uk feel a bit of a tremor, don’t panic, its just me!

Rommy you made me smile at the idea and that we may feel the earth move when you do it 🙂 Nite all

What about a little voices Christmas catch up where we just post to keep in touch, share if you are feeling stressed and needing some support or euphoric if things are going your way. No challenge to loose weight at this time of the year but perhaps maintain the good work done throughout the year ready to kick start the new year with renewed vigour? Or if you are really committed share with us all your plans and what you are doing?

Hi everyone. Having had a fluey cold stretching out over last 3 weeks I’ve only managed 2 fast days. I can feel ive piled back on weight and am nowhere near my xmas goal. Going to crack on as of next week but might have to bow out of this group now with my tail between my legs. Unfortunately health had to come first and the timing hasnt been great but this is a way of life so I’m sure I’ll be back on track within a month or so. Best of luck to you all!

Hello, all!

Thanks for the bday wishes. I am proud I went on a two hour walk with my friend instead of going out to lunch with her! My family is taking me out tonight but I am truly going to be mindful and not blow it.

I am happy to say I recovered from Thanksgiving with the two fasts so far this week and I expect to start making progress again with my third one tomorrow! This is really encouraging for me because in the past I would have never have recovered that quickly and in fact would just start inching up for the holidays. Even though I was overeating for five days, I had a good solid track record before that and it takes my body a while to nudge out of its zone. I’ve noticed this for years. That’s why I think this works well for me even though I’m not losing the dramatic weight some people are. I’m still going in the right direction overall!

Sorry you’re feeling bad bookbuff!!! You can pick up again later!!!!!

Good luck to all. I’m vowing to feel excited about the holidays rather than anxious!!! To be an amused observer at times…

I have been away with no access to a computer. Last weight notified was 64kgs now 63kgs. The increase from the birthday celebrations was lost during this week with an extra fast day included. It will be different this weekend as my family is scattered and cannot come together on Christmas day so most are gathering on this Sunday for the Christmas meal. Christmas day will be a low key affair with just a simple meal and maybe a one person christmas pudding. I have had a gentleman in to help in the garden (2 acres) so I have been really active. With the blow outs if I can get straight onto a fast day it does not stay. I also use other indicators such as measurements these may decrease but the weight may not.

Checking in at the end of week 5 of the Christmas Challenge.

Well, my weight is the same as last week so I am still sitting at 1.2 kg for the month – 800gms still to go to meet my goal for this challenge.

HOWEVER, I checked my measurements and I can hardly believe them. Since getting serious about this way of life back in about the middle of August I have lost 5.5 kg, 10 cms from my bust, 8cms from my waist, and 6 cms from my hips. My BMI has gone from 27 to 25.1, and my waist height ratio from .53 to .49. I could not be more pleased or motivated.

I know lots of people have had great results and I congratulate you as I know this isn’t easy to keep up week after week. To those who are struggling or thinking about taking a break from it over the holidays, I urge you not to. Think about how you can maintain your gains and still enjoy the season. One thing I know is there is always some celebration or event that is going to present a challenge. That’s why Action’s encouragement to have a plan is so important.

I have made a conscious decision to work at maintenance – ie one fast day a week from the end of this challenge through Christmas and New Year. I seriously do not want to lose this good work!

And a big thanks to everyone on this forum. I have never joined anything like this before, I may never again, but I have found you wonderful little voices to be a great source of comfort/inspiration/motivation and support. Cheers!!

Here is my plan for the holidays. On my non fast days in December I have a little bit of Christmas, eg one night a mince pie, another night a cocktail etc, that way I can have all the goodies, but not all at once. To otherwise eat healthy on my non fast days and in particular to have a good quality evening meal so i dont wake up hungry on a fast day and spend all day ravenous, doomed to fail. We are having my brother from UK and his partner, and visitors from Canada for Christmas Day so I will have lots of interesting people to talk to. Final strategy is to act like a sophisticated lady of discernment and not like a greedy child stuffing my face all day!! As Hamlet said, if you cant feel it fake it!! good luck everyone and remember tomorrows another day!

Sorry guys, I am up 1.6 pounds this week. Will try to reverse that for next Friday.
    All these Xmas parties!

PJBR – been there done that – don’t worry just keep to the plan and it will all even out.

Rommy – good plan and one that I may try too – though just worried I will not stop at one mince pie – I hope I will keep in mind how awful I am bound to feel if I over indulge. I hope to have a fast day Monday and Wednesday after this challenge is over and same again the following week then hit the ground running with 3 fast days for the first week in January. I feel so empowered on this – like I am in charge of my eating. Before I always thought I had no off switch but I have realised I can be in control.

Chipmunk – well done great results. I think we start to see a pattern on this plan. I know I seem to have a few weeks with a little loss or no loss then perhaps a slight increase before a bigger loss. Hopefully identifying this pattern will keep me on the straight and narrow (emphasis on the narrow) and not get too despondent when things are not going to my plan. I have to leave it to my body to shed the weight when it feels ready for a ‘whoosh’. I just have to nourish it as best as I can.

I am running just over 5k twice a week now and enjoying it (wow did I just say that)I can do 1 min plank and building it up slowly though don’t know if I will ever reach 5 mins. Also trying push ups – started with assisted ones and now can do (just about) 5 ‘real ones’ lol. Also doing woodchops with a medicine ball. I feel a difference – I feel slimmer and while the number on the scale is not going down as fast as I would like – I am learning things as I go along – maybe that is part of the plan. Without this forum I don’t think I would be where I am now – you all understand exactly where I am coming from and where I want to be. So Bookbuff while things may not be going to plan due to to illness keep on in here – don’t leave just pick yourself up again and stick to it. Don’t be too hard on yourself!

To all – Thank you, thank you for this great supportive forum!

Coda – Thank you for your encouragement.

You are to be commented for your exercise milestone!!!Good going.

Chipmunk – Good going too. I am amazed how well you have done even though you had a wonderful holiday.

I agree with the pattern you have observed. I find that after a new low there is an increase in weigh before another new low. No whooshes yet though, more like a trickle to each new low. It is hard work but nevertheless, to carry on.

I was thinking of this as a decent, likely as the goal is to go DOWN in weight but actually for me it is more like an assent UP a rock face – much slower than the other way round!

Hello all.

I don’t think I’ve checked in for a while but I’ve just had a quick catch up on everyone’s posts.

I felt a bit out of control on my non-fast days for a couple of weeks. I think it might have been because I was doing 4:3. It meant I was fasting 3 days a week just to maintain my weight. However I’ve calmed down this week and managed to get down to 10st 13lb. Hooray! Sub 11st! This is my lowest weight since baby number 1 who is almost 4 years old.

Not so good is that I’m only 2lbs down since I started this challenge so there’s no realistic chance of reaching my goal. However if I can get through the festive season and start the new year weighing less than I do now rather than more I’ll consider that an achievement.

My lovely husband is taking me out for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate birthday on Sunday. My parents have threatened to bring a cake around on Sunday afternoon but I’m to determined to limit myself to a tiny slice.

Best of luck to everyone for the next few weeks. I hope that the those who are waiting for their whooshes get them soon.

Gosh, I’ve lost 1/2 lbs this week, so that’s 1/2lb more than my pledge for December. I’m surprised because I’ve had more carbs than usual this week. I’ve had cream, pasta, sweets and crisps. I’ve managed my 3 fast days this week but I’m sure I went over 500 cals on one day.

However, when a co-worker insisted I have a mince pie, I took it but didn’t eat it. When another co-worker insisted that I take a chocolate from the Christmas tree, I took it and then put it back discreetly. People are now noticing how much weight I have lost, which in total is 1st 6.5lbs; just over 9kgs; 20 1/2 lbs since end of July. I don’t need to lose anymore so when I refuse chocolates etcetera I can feel that people think I’m obsessive or something. The reality is that I want to chose the food I indulge in, it has to be about quality and not quantity.

My plan after this challenge is to continue with my 2 fast days until the January challenge and I will be posting my weekly weight on here. Not for it to be recorded but just to keep me in check.

I echo other comments, I could not have done this without my friends from Little Voices. I’m grateful that I found this forum in September.

After many years, I enjoy wearing my clothes now.

🙂

Weighing in at 120.6 lbs this morning.

Only 0.6 lbs to go to my target. 🙂

Hi, all,

Had a busy and trying week (on 3 out of 5 days I spent a bunch of hours helping out with preschool grandkids — twins are one and the big bro is 4 — which is physically and mentally exhausting, and means I don’t get my own work done. Stuck to my fasts but overdid it on my n-f days, so am up 1 lb for the week). Upcoming week looking more manageable so I’m hoping to dispose of it again.

Good words Chipmunk and congrats to all.

Mary

Just checked recent postings and after a long splurge on Friday, I don’t see it listed. Yuk! Won’t go through it all again, but my weight for the week is 9 st 2 3/4lbs. Down another pound! Yippee! So close to target now, might just make the deadline, for the hell of it.
    Another yippee – at 67 years old have just got myself a part time job working in a newly opened farm shop literally on my doorstep. Couldn’t have worked out better if I’d planned it! Start on Monday. Am feeling pretty good just now, and except for the despicable weather we’re having, thing couldn’t be better!
    Wishing you all the same feelings I am having at the moment. TTL

Way to go, TTL!! (On all counts.)

Well done TTL and good luck with the new job x

Well done TTL – great to see people having successes in all parts of their life.

GOLDENSUN – I am so impressed with your behaviour in the face of “kind” colleagues pushing food at you. It is interesting how, when people do get to their target or just lose a lot of weight, how much other people want to control your eating!! Well done! You know what is best for you and don’t worry about what others think – If you don’t want a chocolate, you don’t want a chocolate!

Hi all I know we’re in Dec but it’s never to late I’ve done 5:2 in the summer lost abit then lost the plot I spend my life trying every diet.
    Can I join the xmas challenge I don’t expect a lot but 3 weeks to go that could be 6 pd loss right.

Hi S1 it’s never too late to join! This challenge ends officially 19th but some will continue logging in up to the big day and beyond even if it is just maintenence. No pressure to loose over this festive time just keep to the plan as best you can. If you loose it’s a bonus if you don’t gain that is a bonus too!
    My hand is tentatively up to lead for January? However if anyone else wishes to do so I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes (not even having lost a stone/14lbs since starting). Yeah!
    January 1 is on Friday would most be in favour of begining our challenge Monday 4? Start of week in new month in new year and ending weekend Friday 29- Sunday 31?

S1 – Welcome.

Coda – January plan. Great! I’m all geared up for Jan. 4 Thank you.

Well done Coda – I was waiting for you to put your hand up!! And you will be a great leader as you are a regular poster and very supportive, it doesn’t matter how much you have lost as your spirit is there. I will be joining you, though possibly a bit after Jan4th

Oh nervously excited – the responsibility! Thank you PJ and chipmunk but let me not get ahead of myself we have still this challenge to complete.
    With 2 of my sons and hubby all recently having colds/flu/sore throats and chesty coughs it was probably only a matter of time before I succumbed to something! Went to bed last night feeling perfectly fine but woke in the night unable to swallow (well I could with a lot of pain) can’t quite believe it came on so sudden. Things are a little quiet lol as it hurts to talk. So hot drinks and paracetamol are the order of the day. Want to get this out of the way as we are going for a christmas overnight stay this weekend. So don’t want to be poorly. However every cloud etc with my sore throat I can’t eat lol good job it is my fast day.
    Everyone we are on the last 12 days of this challenge so let’s be honest with the effort we are putting in from now till the end! x

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply.