Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

This topic contains 423 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyh46 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 424 total)

• Hello everyone!

It’s wonderful to see everyone checking in, even when the results aren’t great. The important think is to keep on keeping on.

I am down only 1/2 lb this week, bringing the total for the month so far to 2 lbs. It’s definitely slowing down as I get closer to my goal, but better half a pound down than half a pound up. The good news is that this half pound brings me to exactly 30 lbs lost since I went on this new way of eating at the end of April. Also in another .8 units of BMI, I will be in the NORMAL range for the first time in two decades. So that’s my next goal. I’m also proud that despite ups and downs on my non-fast days I have never blown or skipped a fast day. Yet. (And I don’t intend to.)

I did three fasts last week and two fasts this week. Three next week again.

Have a great week, everyone! We’re supposed to get a few flakes of snow this weekend in Toronto — our first of the season. I’m not a big fan of winter, but this year I will be able to wear calf-high boots for the first time in a long time without cutting off all the circulation between my feet and my brain by doing up the zippers, so that’s good, right?

Hi, Mary!! I’m a writer as well, although you would never guess from my ramblings here. I looked at your blog and your book! You look amazing!!!! Congratulations and keep it up, although I can’t believe you’re not in the healthy weight bmi now.

I have a book too. Is it okay to post here? http://www.elizabethjennings.com I do the marketing for husband’s technology company and chase my daughter around most of the time, though…

Hoping to follow in your footsteps!

Hi everyone. Great to catch up on all the stories of glee and the odd tale of woe (usually caused by slacking off on our WOE I notice!!)

I’m in Florence now and, seriously people, this is a country where an espresso and a cream pastry constitute breakfast! BUT, I am DOING not TRYING AH, and while not exactly fasting two days a week I am keeping on or below TDEE and walking thousands of kilometres a day…

8:30 tomorrow morning will see me ascend 400 something steps to the top of the dome in the Duomo, then – after that – a pastry and espresso. Joking!

I have another 1.3 kgs (2lbs 13ozs) to donate this week. I have been extra careful with the diet and it has paid off. The only problem (which I don’t mind) is that it is playing havoc with my wardrobe. I am just buying enough to get me through until I plateau.

Happy birthday TTL hope you had a lovely day

I didn’t get out for my 2nd run of the week due to the wind and the rain (yuk) not sure our weekend weather is going to be much better either but still doing a plank each night and have added 10 assisted push ups. Hoping I will progress to the real thing.

Keep strong every one you will see and feel the benefits!

Hi everyone, Saturday afternoon here in New Zealand, just caught up with the new weeks reportings starting to come in and some exceptional results already

SISTERBLUE: 1.2kgs (2.6lbs) is a great start to your goal, keep it up and then 5kgs will be easy by Christmas

GL: And your 2kgs for first 2 weeks is also exceptional, maybe a little adjustment to your goal could be considered??? 🙂

CHIPMUNK: 400 steps must surely be rewarded with a cream pastry, but only if you do the 400 steps again afterwards !!! No pain no gain….

MARYW: You are an inspiration to us all, it must feel great being only 0.8 away from your goal BMI, well done, all that hard work does pay off, enjoy your snow

CAROLYN: It takes 15 minutes to renew a license here in NZ, that is as long as you aren’t blind, if you’re blind it takes a little bit longer !!!

TTL: Birthday wishes for yesterday, it’s always hard having personal celebration events and not celebrating with lots of food and drinkies. Now about my personal goal for this Challenge, I was sort of keeping that to myself however seeing as you asked I have set a fairly big one of 4kgs (9lbs) for the six weeks and this will take me to the magic figure of below 80kgs (176lbs) for the first time in many many years, plus I have “ordered” for Chraitmas some new clothes from my loved ones as their easy way out of buying for me for Christmas lol. I had a slow start for the first week of only 0.5lbs because of my over indulgence while away playing golf last week however this week is looking more positive and back on track so look out, Mike will break under 80kgs before Christmas.

GOLDEN SUN: Way to go Golden, under 9st (126lbs) first time in decades, you must be so proud of yourself, an inspiration to us all, I think this deserves a little CELEBRATION from us to you…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Keep up the great work everyone, stay strong over the weekend, weekends can be a challenge as we all know, like ourselves who are out to dinner tonight with a group of friends, no dessert for Mike tonight and if I can get away with only two Entrees rather than an Entree & Main Course then I’ll stay on track. Take care until next time, Mike

(Nov 1: 121.8 Starting weight)
    Fri Nov 6- 121.8 +-0
    Fri Nov 13-121.8 +-0

I’ve been doing 5/2 for 6 weeks 5 days now, and have lost 11.4lbs, so maybe my body is taking a breather. I’m incredibly happy, and it hasn’t in anyway hindered my confidence or motivation. In good spirits, there’s still time! I’ve been exceeding my fast days as well, so eventually it will give.

I missed the 1st of Nov start date but I am rearing to go. Just found this forum today. So I have 5 weeks to go. My target is to lose 10 lbs by Christmas. I have 2 fast days completed since last Monday 9th Nov

Where can I find the calendar to download ?

Hi everybody

I completed 3 fasts this week but haven’t managed to get below 11st. I feel like I’ve been over-indulging a bit on my non-fast days recently. I’ll concentrate on being more careful when I’m not fasting this week and hopefully that whoosh will come soon. So zero to give to Santa this week meaning my total for the challenge remains at 1 lb.

Have a great weekend.

Morning all quick update on the challenge. 5 fasts done and dusted should have been 6 bit there is next week. Weight loss big shock just 1 pound?. Still being optimistic for my 10lbs loss??But not too dissappointed at least it moving down not up. Off to Marrakech for 5days hope not to put on too much weight. Hope you all have a great weekend and week ahead.

Hi everyone,

It’s so lovely to read your posts – I get them per email, so forget to write myself. They’re so very inspiring!
    Haven’t been able to weigh myself, but have been measuring and have dropped 1,5 cm from my waist and 2 cm from across my belly button, so I’m pleased!
    Have done 5 fasts since beginning, and doing another tomorrow. Over indulged last night, but at least didn’t eat between 7 am and 6 PM, so I reckon that must count for something at least. Ha. (I have Bowie singing “All the young dudes” in the background, and he just sang ‘too many snags’ which I heard as ‘too many snacks’… Which is true, I suppose…. 😉 )
    Struggling with insomnia at the moment which is seriously messing up my eating, but I’m sticking to my fast days at least, even though I ate around 650 on Thursday instead of my 500. Oh well. Sunday is another day, and there is always next week.

On another note, I sincerely hope you are all well, and have suffered no losses in Paris. What a tragedy.

Alex x

Hi Action, many thanks for birthday wishes. 67 years young and feeling and looking better than I have for years.
    Even though we went out for dinner, I was very aware of what I was ordering. Small glass of Chardonnay, marinated beetroot salad, followed by venison, followed by banana parfait with lychee sorbet. Fantastic food, and great to get on the scales this morning and have stayed the same as official weighin, yaheeee!
    Well done everyone who is reducing, and especially those like me nearing goal, and yes it seems to get a bit tougher, but WE CAN DO IT,
    That’s a big reduction pledge Action, but knowing your resolve, I’m sure you will achieve this before the big fat man comes doon the lumm!
    Have a great weekend everyone, and I know I’ve said it before, but if you don’t want to overeat, count the calories before you eat. It’s amazing how a plateful of the wrong stuff can undo all the good work of a fast day!

Hi, CarolinaKatz,

There are a few of us (writers) on here. Checked out your website, too: you sound like my kind of writer. Writing is like losing weight: you just have to keep doing it and the small advances finally add up to something.

Hi AH and EE [everyone else 🙂
    I am down .6 lb this week for a 2.4 total. On track for my goal, despite a sick cat.
    Annual wine festival tonite as theatre fundraiser and birthday dinner tomorrow may cause me to gasp at the scales Monday morning….. Overall this week I have noticed my pants feeling looser [one pair dangerously so…..] And Mary, I am going to try on some of my snug boots!
    On a more solemn note, my heart aches for Paris right now. I love that city. Extra hugs for anyone with French connections.

ANNAMYWONG57: Welcome aboard into this diverse group of 5:2 fans. I have recorded your goals so just report in each week after your completed FD’s. Go back to the very first Post in this thread (page 1) and you’ll see a link to a Calendar web site that can be printed off for your use and then used for planning, it’s a good way to have a visual record of planned Fast Days and it allows you to rectify any missed planned days immediately. Trust it is helpful for you.

TTL: Well done with your dinner awareness. It isn’t hard is it plus you can still have a very enjoyable time with friends. We were out to dinner last evening as well, I managed to limit my intake to a small Starter plus Main with no dessert (even though Dessert is one of my big pleasures in life). A couple of very smooth Pinot’s during the night also was a bonus and I arrived home feeling very satisfied, not bloated or over full plus I slept like a baby (woke up every half hour wet and crying) 🙂 Couldn’t help that, always makes me smile when I think about it…..

PHEOBE: I think you had better discard those dangerous pants in case they misbehave at an inappropriate moment, could be embarrassing !!! Plus I’m intrigued, how does a sick pussy have an influence on your Goals? Hope you both aren’t on the same diet 🙂

The News here in New Zealand is also full of the French terror attacks yesterday, so tragic, so unnecessary, such a waste of human life, our thoughts are with anyone associated with any victims or their families.

Waking up in Florence and after reading your posts had to find the news on the web. Had completely missed all news of Paris. Makes me nervous wondering where next? But that’s what they want isn’t it. Us too terrified to do anything.

463 steps up the Duomo actually and I didn’t have a cream pastry after AH. I couldn’t face another 416 up the bell tower to compensate! I have been averaging between 15,000 – 20,000 steps a day so that must be doing some good.

BTW – does anyone know why the MFP app randomly changes from giving steps taken and calorie adjustment to just giving a calorie adjustment without the steps??

Hi everyone, sorry I didn’t weigh in last week there was nothing to report but I did complete my fast days. I did manage a pound this week. Yippee! They seem to be harder then in the beginning so I will take it. I think I will try Mary’s 3 fast days next week. See if that budges the scale more. Congrats Mary on your close to breaking your bmi. That is so fantastic. Everyone keep up the great work. I have to get my butt in gear to reach my goal. FYI. We have had now since Halloween, which was late for us. Burning more calories walking the dog and hauling firewood now. Have a good weekend

Hi all, sorry Im late logging in, wrote it all up and then lost it in cyberspace somewhere! I lost .6 kg 2nd week which was good. when I prayed for divine intervention to stop me overeating the weekend in adelaide, I didnt expect such a dramatic response. whent down with the chunder from down under on thurs which made me very nauseous the whole weekend!! couldnt even face a krispy creme donut! damn and blast!! Be careful what you wish for!! so my eating has been erratic, mainly all dry crackers whenever i could hold them down so I dont expect too much over the next two weeks till my system gets back to normal, dont you just hate that, it seems whenever I get on a roll something always gets in the way. Still because of my fasting I didnt get it as severe as everyone else and my recovery was quicker. so back to normal this week and keeping everything crossed for a little bit of a loss, stay strong

Checking in from last week. Down 1 pound. Total loss since beginning the challenge is 8 pounds. 3 fast days this week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

PickyPixie – I feel like you are my twin! I am weighing in at just over 11 stone, I did three fasts last week, went to the gym 6 days and lost……..nada….zilch….rien…..:-( So to date on this particular challenge I am still offering a teensy weensy 1 lb to Santa. I do know my clothes are getting very baggy and I have been really upping my exercise for the last month or so (which is incidentally since my weight reduction has slowed right down). I’m not going to lie, I felt disappointed last week with the 1lb loss so this week’s zero result has left me feeling quite deflated and a bit miserable so needless to say I decided to make myself feel even worse by drinking and eating a fair amount over the weekend (including a chocolate bar last night – but boy did it taste good). BUT I woke up this morning, took myself off to the gym and have allocated 3 fast days for this week, Monday, and back to back Weds and Thurs. I have a big weekend away celebrating my hubbies’ 50th with my kids so know there aint no way I will be keeping within my limits over the weekend, but hopefully I can at least be vaguely in credit before the weekend and make up for the last one. I am still very happy with my overall weight loss, and am dedicated to continue (I would like to lose a further one and half stone), just find it hard when hitting that plateau so any words of wisdom and encouragement will be most welcome. Thanks guys, and an awesome well done to you all – there’s been some impressive results this week – sorry mine wasn’t one of them….

Dear Lifesabeach…..

Don’t panic Captain Mainwaring!

I have been where you are.

I got stuck at 10 stone ish for EVAH!

I fasted, I ran, I raged, I cursed.. but I kept on fasting.

You are changing your metabolism and it seems to take some time, esp when you are running as well. This last month ..the weight is falling off me… I weighed myself today and I appear to have lost another 2kg. I am now 58 kg…which appears to mean that I have lost almost 5 kg since the beginning of Nov!!!! Can that be true???

Now I’ll admit my old measurements may have been haphazard, didn’t have scales so only measured myself on my parents 50 yr old ones and sneakily in peoples houses… I have become like the Spanish Inquisition for bathroom scales…. they never expect me but I always track them down….. but still, I couldn’t shift the weight at all…AND my waist measurements weren’t shrinking particularly either.

This month.. it is if my body has made some kind of fundamental shift. My appetite on non fast days has levelled out and my fast days ( usually 2 per week but last week..my first 3.. which was easy!!) are truly fast days.. I don’t eat until the evening.. whereas before I was parceling up the day into gaps between micro snacks. Also I have given up bread and pasta and, recently, have stopped craving them..i was the absolute Queen of toast before and thought I would always miss it but no more!

Additionally…. I feel physically very healthy. I stopped running for a while due to injury (perhaps that may have something to do with things) but I feel lighter and more springy… Whether that translates into a good running time will have to be seen.

I have been thinking about this rapid weight loss as a whoosh…after so many months stuck at the same place. It seems from others’ posts that this is a familiar phenomenon.

So..keep doing the fast days and don’t go crazy on the non fast days and I promise.. the whoosh will come.

Good Luck

PS… Action hero…. 58kg is not my new weight BTW… I still can’t believe it and It was very early in the A.M even before my habitual cup of tea. I will not officially rejoice until Friday!!!!

Thank you Ms Marple that is encouraging, I shall plod on and await the whoosh!

Hi

I read this – loose 10lb of fat but gain 10lb of muscle – look and feel great but scales reflect no progress. Do not let the scales define you. Should we want to weigh less or take up less room. We get so hung up on the number on the scale and it can lead to feeling deflated and despair. However if we just keep to the plan – Also read this – We are what we repeatedly do, excellence therefore is not an act but a habit! Believe this was Aristotle. Just keep putting a foot in front of the other and if you look back you can see how far you have come.

I didn’t have a particularly good weekend, it started on Friday with an indulgence of sweets and chocolate, not as bad Saturday and not as good a Sunday as I have been having. But fasting today and have just finished my run so feeling back in control.

Hang in there, Lifesabeach! Wise words from MsMarple and Coda. I’m sure you’ll get your whoosh soon. I actually did another fast day yesterday because I felt like I’d over-eaten on Saturday. I’m just going to do two fasts this week because I feel like I eat more when I’m not fasting if I fast every other day.

I’m fasting today, out of town in Orlando all weekend, then had a bunch of pizza last night so not weighing until tomorrow for sure! I have two fast days this week, three next week with Thanksgiving and I will eat whatever the heck I want on the holiday. I’m seeing some progress, at least. Hopefully I’ll break back into the upper 140s this week.

Hi Everyone, another glorious day here in Paradise, no Snow down this part of the world RUNNING 🙂

CODA: Great words of encouragement, are you practising to be our Leader after Christmas ???? Regarding that P word (plateau) I read everything above and can only agree. My experience has been a reduction of over 9kgs in the first 8 weeks, “gee this WOL is easy”, then the P word pops up and the body adjusts and instead of 20lbs over 2 months it slows to 4 or 5lbs per month and you wonder “what am I doing differently?” Instead of becoming despondent look at the big picture, the total you have reduced since starting, the way you feel, the clothes that now don’t fit, the line on your graph since day one and where it is now and how close it is to your ultimate goal. The story seems the same for everyone so don’t despair, smile in the knowledge YOU are doing something that the majority of others aren’t.

ROMMY: Your Ozzie description of being sick may need a little “English translation” for those not familiar with the Ozzie lingo, trust you are feeling better, made me smile when I read your post, (your description, not your sickness)

LIFESABEACH: You too are enduring the P word however I admire your plan, you can plan your way forward in the knowledge that everything you do that doesn’t involve being off track can only be beneficial. And keep that big picture in view, those baggy clothes will make you smile, 3 FD’s will kick in, sometimes they kick in 24 to 36 hours after they are completed and not right away when you hop on those scales.

Great efforts everyone, keep up the great work, keep the weekly reports coming in, the spread sheet is looking pretty scary for Santa in a few weeks time, he may have to recruit a couple more reindeer this year me thinks, just to get off the ground 🙂

Hi:

Seems to be an interest in plateaus. If you are sticking to the program, just wait and your plateau will disappear. If you are not (eating too much?), then you know why you are no longer losing. This will explain: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/on-plateaus/

Good Luck!

All this P talk makes me uneasy. I’m still in Florence and currently on the P WOE. Pastries, pasta, pizza, and postre (dessert!)

Think I might be having a ‘P’ moment just now. Back at 9st 51/2 again. It is frustrating, especially when I’m doing things ‘right’. I check in my calories on MFP religiously, only drink wine on special occasions , do three different exercises every weekday. Have to admit now there will be less meringues, and my birthday passed (although I did remain within my calorie allowance) I would hope that the scales will be kinder, but I do know my clothes are almost hanging on me now. Am hoping for Christmas gifts of clothes to replenish my wardrobe.
    I do seem to be having problems getting bad cramp in my calf muscles, especially at night. I have been taking Magnesium supplements plus food containing magnesium , but it seems to be worse. Do hope I’m not losing muscle now I’m almost at target. I do Pilates and will speak to my instructor about it at next class.
    Well done everyone on your reductions. And if you are on the dreaded ‘P’ don’t give up, just stick at the regime, and know that good things are happening inside that we can’t see! TTL

Well, I managed to do a fast day on my travel day back from my 5 day weekend and then another one yesterday bringing my total to 7 so far. I also managed to give Santa another 1.4 pounds!! I’m only two pounds away from my goal so I may have to revise, unless I too hit a plateau. I was very careful over the weekend and having accommodations with a full kitchen helped. I also stayed with my 5 hour eating window as much as possible.

Great work everybody – keep it up! Consistency is the key to this plan.

After an indulgent weekend – two dinners out and a wine festival, yes the scales were up 2 on Monday, but checked again today post fast and it’s all gone and a tich more 🙂
    No wardrobe malfunctions either – put those jeans to back of closet.
    And AH, how the cat connection affects weight: — it’s kinda like that butterfly flapping a wing across the world creates a ripple effect elsewhere! In this case, the previous week my old tabby developed an abscessed tooth, creating puffy goopy eye and marble cheek, and he’s too old with heart murmur to handle anaesthetic to remove tooth. Vet’s temporary plan didn’t work — my attempts to give liquid antibiotics was a disaster — him [cat not vet] flying off my lap after he figured out the plan, then running away when he saw me to avoid further indignity and abuse. I stopped tormenting him so we can have a final nice week together before I have go away next week. I have realized sadly it’s just his time and so we go in Friday. He’s now back on my lap enjoying a few treats…. That all led to some comfort food eating on my part, but making the decision to do the hard [but right] thing for him has helped, and am back on track.

Morning all, well it’s 32 or 33 days to go until our Christmas Challenge ends on or around 19 December, so how are you going at this point? How are your actual FD’s lining up with what you planned? What do you have to adjust at this point to maybe get back on track with your plannned FD’s and how is the weight reduction going compared to what you planned it to be?

These are simple questions that can be answered now because you have been keeping track of the progress with your daily calendar entries. It’s much easier to adjust now at this point rather than a week out before our Challenge ends. So take a breath, look at your results, your weight tracking graph, whatever method you use to measure progress and make whatever adjustment you thing required.

This is the benefit of “planning”, there shouldn’t be any surprises along the way and time is your friend to make adjustments if the plan gets off track.

PHOEBE: Poor Puss, sounds familiar when we had to take our old faithful Golden Lab to the Vet for the last time, he normally loved going in the car however that morning “he knew” it was his time and his last car ride, aren’t animals amazing souls? I think you deserve a little comfort food to get you through these sad days, stay strong….

FASTINLADY: Great progress, keep up the good work, I’m always open to adjusted goals, shows committment on your part.

CHIPMUNK: No Bev, the P work didn’t refer to all those other things, please refrain from flaunting your pleasures in front of us, many of us are working, not holidaying like some people 🙂

SIMCOELUV: Thanks for your very informative link above, very insightful and many of us will recognise a lot of the areas you refer to, evry encouraging to know that no one is alone on this journey, thanks again.

Be strong everyone and keep those reports coming in, still missing a few for week 2 from those who reported in on week 1, I’ll do an update tonight and report progress tomorrow. Cheers, Mike

Hi sorry nothing to add to Santa this week!

TTL if you find a reason for legs cramps please share as I too have bother at night. Mainly in my right leg, foot and toes. I haven’t been drinking a lot of water lately and thought that may be a cause but a few times I have had to get out of bed to stand and stretch as it won’t go away.

Phoebe my thoughts are with you at a difficult and sad time as you say farewell to a friend. It is not an easy decision though one that must be made.

Just hearing the sad news of the passing of Jonah Lomu – one of if not the greatest rugby player in the world. An inspiration not only to rugby fans but those dealing with adversity in their lives. So sad x

TTL and Coda:
    I have been told that it is a lack of magnesium.
    The remedy is to soak in a bath with about 1 cup of epsom salts once/ week. I put some essential oil into the bath just to make it feel exotic!

AH: You have asked for feedback so I am complying. The first 2 weeks have not been good for me diet-wise as I have had 3 heavy “celebrations” – our 50th Wedding Anniversary and our first granddaughter’s first adult birthday ( we used to call it ” 21st birthday”, now it is the 19th) (Though it doesn’t seem, to me, to be so momentous, it is, and has been, to at least 2 generations of younger people). So, in the first to weeks of this challenge, I have gone up 5 pounds and down 5 pounds, leaving me where I started.
    I will post on Friday and give you the actual weight loss so far.

Hello!

I just found this forum and was wondering if its too late to join. You all are so lovely and encouraging and would like to part of this challenge. I am new to 5:2 and just started my journey on November 9th. Have finished 3 fast days so far and have lost 5 lbs so very encouraged (even though most of it is probably water weight).

To meet the 17 fast day goal by December 19, I just decided to make today a fast day, so I will do Mon, Wed and Friday this week. I have to say the first week was not that easy, but by this week the fast days have been easier (thank goodness!). I also feel much better.

My goal is to lose another 15 lbs by Christmas. My starting weight was 240 lbs, so hopefully will get to 220 by then. It might be an ambitious goal, but I want to try 🙂

SDS: Welcome aboard, you are most welcome to join our group, with what appears to be a well defined goal in mind that you have you’ll fit in with us very well. One little word of advice about this Group, we don’t “hope” or “try” to accomplish our goals, we all “do the stuff” that will see us all arrive at our goal with a whole lot of great feelings of accomplishment. The great Jedi Master YODA is our Mentor who always tells us “DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY” 15lbs by Christmas is doable and we’ll give you as much support as you can handle, just ask, we have a ton of experience within this group to answer any question you may have. We all look forward to watching and supporting your progress….

PJBR and Coda, I understood this was a Magnesium deficiency also, after a month of taking a supplement, it seemed to get worse. I spoke with my health shop guy today and he has recommended 5-HTP which includes magnesium as well as valerian for sleep, which I still have problems with. For me it’s just a case of trying different things until I find something that works.
    On a positive note, I was shopping for new clothes yesterday, and am gob smacked to find I have now gone beyond size 12 and had to buy size 10’s !!! Didn’t think I would ever see size 10 again! Am hoping tomorrow (fast day) that I can get off the plateau I seem to be on, however in the meantime something is definitely happening.
    Phoebe – sorry that you are faced with your final days with puss. I have been there with my two lovely retrievers in the past. It’s a heartbreak, but the kindest thing you can do.
    Was at Aqua fit this morning and almost lost my top, definitely need a new swimsuit. Difficult to find in Dundee in winter! Take care all and happy fasting. TTL

Hi SDS and welcome:

Losing 15 pounds in four weeks is highly unlikely. I hope you do not declare 5:2 a failure if you don’t make it.

Here is some information on 5:2. You might check out the ‘TDEE’ link to explain why it is unlikely you can lose 15 pounds in four weeks doing 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks Action Hero!

The great Jedi Master YODA is correct: I will not just try – I will SUCCEED! 🙂

Well done SDS, the Force will be with you (actually it’s all of us on this Forum) on your journey to Skinny 🙂

SIMCOELUV: Great advice, thanks for contributing. I think we all agree that setting a big hairy audacious goal is fun for a lot of people and some do get despondent when it isn’t achieved, however it’s all about how one measures success (or failure), i.e. the half full or half empty scenario. I’m a great believer in aiming for the stars when planning to achieve something, and as they say, if you miss the stars and hit the moon then is the result classified as a failure?

People can certainly set themselves up for failure if their mindset is either black or white (win or lose) however once you can see the grey area between the black and white and acknowledge that 80% achievement is much better than 0% then goal setting and degrees of achievement will work every time.

Members of these Forums are very good at seeking advice and being receiving it from experts like yourself SIMCOELUV, so thanks for your input.

TTL: here you go, shop on line, knock yourself out, 85% discounts on offer 🙂 http://www.sammydress.com/wholesale/Bikinis/301.html?gclid=CKLCqcqXm8kCFUiVvQodcyMM1A

Better still TTL, I think something along these lines could be you:

http://www.sammydress.com/product1584382.html

Alluring Halter Spliced Bowknot Embellished Bikini Set For Women

A couple of post purchase pictures to share with us all will be OK too 🙂 🙂

Isn’t it amazing how we can all help our fellow forum members !!!!

Great comment about the moon and the stars, and reaching the moon can’t be anything other than success, the view from the moon must be amazing.

Interesting that you mention 80% achievement, Pareto’s law is that we achieve 80% – of anything, but it certainly applies to 5:2 – from 20% of the effort.

Interesting thought, and I know it works.

So it’s worth trying REALLY gritting your teeth, tucking in you chin and busting a gut 20% of the time, and let the other 80% take care of itself, a bit of effort ok, but do 20% full on, take no prisoners, treats are not in my vocabulary, food is for wimps, go through the pain barrier type of effort, and you’ll be 80% there.

Which us great news for those for whom life often gets in the way of good intentions.

Weird, but it really does work. In life as well as in 5:2.

AH I think I should warn you you are straying into creepy uncle territory with those bikini shots.

I’m back in wet cold London for a couple of days before back to lovely, safe, sunny NZ. Just checking in to keep myself honest as I have nominated today as a fast day. Despite the full English laid on in the hotel breakfast room I have piously consumed one poached egg on on piece of dry toast (where’s the Vogels?? That’s NZ talk for proper bread) with half a grilled tomato. MFP tells me that’s 170.

I am booked to see Dawn French’s show in the West End tonight so a pre show snack from somewhere like Itsu. Is this everywhere in the UK? It’s fabulous quality food with calories printed on and also listed in MFP. Very helpful.

Have a good day everyone.

Hahaha Chipmunk…love creepy uncle.

ITZU is great, fresh clean food, tasty but low cal … I love the Noodle soup.
    I hope you are having a lovely time in London… (you can buy Vogel in supermarkets if you get desperate) I know the weather’s miserable but it’s a great city.

Here’s a place I always recommend It’s a fantastic, unusual free museum….

http://www.soane.org/

There’s an ITSU just around the corner on High Holborn..and there’s a great pub called the Ship Tavern behind the station on Gate Street, and a lovely restaurant in Lincoln’s Inn fields.. and the free Hunterian museum of Surgery across the park and the Inner Temple to wander around and… and.. and…

I am on a fast today but have to meet a friend for coffee…. and NO CAKE… Argh!

Love to all Mx

Hi folks,

After being stuck for a few weeks I’ve finally seen a reasonable drop, down 1.1kg this week, a total of 1.6 for the month. Woot!

I hope everyone is doing well 🙂

Having a bad week. I’m definitely eating too much on my non fast days, and not out of hunger. Today will be a fast day. Tomorrow I have to travel to Orlando again for Friday through Sunday. I’ll try to fast on Sunday again, travel seems to lend itself well to that.

Hello! I let some days go by without logging in!! I’m going to do better though.

Last week I was down half a pound. I’ve done one fast this week. I’m finding weekends to be the stumbling point!!

I’ve read some and will be back soon to catch up more fully. I just thought I should get something down so I don’t lose focus.

Good luck, everyone, and stay safe!!

I am not in my 20% this week at all – a bit stressed out and finding I am reaching for the comfort of eating – number 4 son had a bit of a bump – no one hurt so ok. Number 5 son drove through a flood – first time and did not give enough revs – one damaged engine, number 4 son’s gear box now very sick and in to get fixed. Visitor to office always sets everyone on edge! We are all having to schedule time to take those without cars now to place of work – expensive time of the year without this extra. Weather awful and have not got for my second run of the week yet – think I will just have to adjust my mindset and go running whether it is raining or not. If I was out running and it started doesn’t seem to bad but when it is pelting down the incentive to leave a warm and dry place is somehow not the same – self preservation perhaps lol!
    Sorry moan over and feel a little better – had to shift my fast day from Thursday to Friday and ‘that person’ will have left the office so tomorrow will be better! 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply.