Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

This topic contains 423 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyh46 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 424 total)

• TTL – Thank you so much for your encouragement, and also for sharing your past efforts. Over 2000 years ago Thucydides wrote that he who does not learn from history is condemned to relive it.

We have to learn why previous diets went wrong. In your case TTL, it has to be something sustainable – true for us all! Also you are helped by calorie counting done for you in the recipes. And it sounds like you are not one to give up!

In my case, I think it was because for a long time I was thin, and never needed to watch my diet. Even if I put on some weight – after holidays say – it would just come off again. It was as if I could walk on water. Women worry about putting on weight after giving birth, but I was never so skinny after I stopped breast feeding. But I can’t walk on water! I put on weight and even though my BMI didn’t go higher than about 27, I became diabetic.

I don’t think I ever “feel full” – or hardly ever. I know what hunger pangs are, but not a full feeling. I wonder if I’m like people who don’t feel heat and have to learn not to get burnt.

I do know when I’ve had enough alcohol, and I stop. So I can leave a meal with wine in my glass but not with food on my plate. My OH will finish his wine and leave his food – no weight issue for him.

I like the 5:2 because it’s flexible and not cranky. It’s an Eat Less diet without having to count calories every minute, so I can do it.

I’m looking forward to giving Santa my unwanted fat. He can use it as biofuel for his sleigh and give his reindeer a rest!

Good luck all! Try.

AH – I’ve decided to take your advice and track my weight after a fast day. My weight varies so much after non-fast days depending on what I eat or drink. So my post-fast weight last week was 11st 1lb and this week it’s 11st exactly so one pound to Santa.

I’ve been off on maternity leave for the last 7 months but this week I went in for a couple of days to ‘keep in touch’. It was really nice to have loads of compliments about my weight loss. The last time I’d popped in was just before I started 5:2. My baby was 6 weeks old at the time. She is now an above-average sized 6 month old. It seems unbelievable that I’ve lost more than her entire body weight! My colleagues remarked that I looked slimmer than I was before I was before I was pregnant. It’s true – I am. I’m about half way to my goal weight now and it’s really helped motivate me to carry on.

Hi, all,

Successfully completed my third fast of the week yesterday. I found the third fast tough: I felt more dragged down by it than I usually do. And hungrier! But I’ll carry on. Next week is a two-fast week, which should seem like a piece of cake (?? !!!) after this week.

I’ll move my weekly weigh-in to Friday too. I didn’t lose anything between when I last reported and now, so my first week loss is 1.5 lbs.

Well done, MaryWW. 1.5 lbs sounds good. I couldn’t hack three fasts this past week. I did manage 2 though, and will try for 3 next week. My weigh-in on Monday.

TTL
    Thank you for the info re the rebounder. Another thing to add to my program.

Hi I’m new to 5.2 but I am starting to fast tomorrow feeling positive to lose 14 lbs by Christmas …. It this achievable ? Thank you

Thanks, Try. I’m relieved that the upcoming week is only two fasts for me. But then the one after will be three. However, it’s like when I do a plank for 4 minutes (my max so far, and I’ve only attained it once), and then I’m disappointed when I can’t get to 4 minutes the next time and collapse at 3 or 3.5. Then I have to remind myself that 2 minutes would have sounded like the moon when I started out on planks in September. πŸ™‚

It’s so nice to have company on all of these challenges. Such a supportive network.

Welcome JKD1! It took me about 2 months to lose my first 14 lbs (I’m down 29.5 now), but I think it depends on how much you have to lose. It’s definitely within the realm of possibility and even if you make only 12lbs, you’ll be happy, right? πŸ™‚

I remembered to check in and I read all the posts!! Very inspiring.

TTA, I just got my bmi below 27 so it was a little disconcerting to hear of your diabetes. I know a lot of factors are involved.

PP, what a good feeling to look better than before pregnancy!! I was like that with my first but I was 40 with my second and never quite recovered…

Maryww…I may try three fasts next week. My husband is out of town so it will be a good opportunity.

Today has been a little odd….it’s raining and we were scurrying around getting my husband to the airport. I snacked a bit more than I meant to. I allow myself some snacking on the weekend so I don’t feel deprived but I have to watch it because I get triggered and can’t stop. So I need to watch that tomorrow.

I bought a skirt this fall that I’ve been wearing a lot. It is fairly form fitting so it will be interesting to watch it as I progress…

Hi, looks like everyone is doing okay, poor Santa, has anyone told him!! good job he comes to Aus first, he might not have the umph to keep goin!!Checking in with a loss of 1kg this week. didnt think I was going to make it, but pulled out all the stops and did a liquid fast on friday, yoghurt and fruit smoothie for late breakfast and cabbage, leek and potatoe soup for tea. I knew the cabbage soup would get rid of any excess water weight. When Im trying to bring the scales down I dont go near bread, rice or pasta as when I eat these my weight can fluctuate by 2-3 kilos, very depressing when your trying to lose weight. Managed three half hour walks, which is a good start, the trouble is I would dearly like to walk first thing in the morning, but I have an arthritic ankle and if I do that I’m limping for the rest of the day, so the best thing for me is to exercise after tea and then rest.and it is oh soooo easy to put it off!! another thing that I find great about this diet is that if I stay focused, plan my days the kilos do fall off. so tomorrow I start working for the next kilo and me tom part company!! good luck to all and stay strong

Hi everyone, I’m back (even though some probably didn’t realise I’ve been missing since Wednesday last week), 4 days of Golf, food, beer and wine, lies and stories told, watching NZ getting thumped by the Ozzies at cricket, lots of sunshine and fine weather.

Over the four days I wore a Pedometer and racked up over 68,000 steps and burnt off over 3,000 calories from all that walking so hopefully that compensated for some of the other indulgences which I can’t mention because what happens on tour stays on tour πŸ™‚

I will catch up with everyones posts tomorrow and report our first weeks results so please be patient.

Cheers, Mike

Dear ACTION HERO (Mike)

I DID miss you! I was going to post ‘where are you?’:).

3,000 calories burnt! Well done for wearing a Pedometer because, although you were enjoying yourself, I believe that by still keeping an awareness of your goal stops you from indulging as much as you may have done before this way of eating/life. I think you deserve a Chocolate Fish :).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate_fish

Welcome back!

I too missed you AH! I was going to post late last night (mums taxi was on pick up duty) and ask if all was OK as it was so unusual not to hear from you. Was going to ask if anyone knew where you were! Then decided to wait till morning and lo and behold you are back! Glad you had a good time and as always an inspiration to us all. Some going on a 4 day golf trip could have just gone and threw caution to the wind but you planned, brought your pedometer and kept our challenge to mind. Maybe to the back of the mind at times lol but still there all the same. Welcome back!

Was reading something which caught my attention – weight loss v fat loss which may be of interest to any but especially those near their goals. While we all have a figure on the scales we would like to achieve. Burning fat and building lean body mass = a body transformation without at times a significant loss on the scales. Body fat reduction is much more important than the number on the scales. If we are looking great in our size 10 or 12 jeans or for men who now are wearing 34 waist trousers once again does it really matter if we are a lb or 2 away from that magic number?

Hi AH

good to see you back, hope the wine was great quality!!!

Well, first week result for me – 3 fasts – no alcohol, the rest of the week not bad, a couple of indulgences but never far from TDEE, halo shining and well polished – weight lost – nil!!!!

Luckily used to these results now, so given up worrying week on week, so just carrying on carrying on, hopefully results over the six weeks will be good.

Weighing in at 122.8 lbs this morning. BMI 23.2 . -4.2 lbs since last week. (not as great as it sounds , average -1.9/week over the last 2 weeks.)

This is my story.
    For most of my adult life I’ve been between 120 & 125 lbs. Six years ago, after a nightmare 3 months, my husband died. I retreated into comfort eating and by January 2013 I was >175 lbs with a BMI of >33, putting me definitly in the obese category. Body-analysis scales also indicated that I was 50% blubber. πŸ™

I did lose some weight slowly in 2013 & 2014, with some yo-yoing, but was still >150 lbs & BMI >28. I have a degenerative neuromuscular condition that limits exercise and mobility, and gives me significant pain, especially during the winter. Summer 2014,in an effort to get out more, I decided to get a dog. (Yes, I did consider a lot more than just that. A dog is for life and her health and happiness must also be considered.) I had to limit her exercise last winter while her bones were developing. That’s recommended to be 5 mins for each month of age. e.g. At 6 months old that was 30 mins of exercise. Despite that last winter was the most painful ever and I didn’t get the usual respite during the spring or summer. At the beginning of August I just couldn’t face another winter like last. I was looking at taking to a mobility scooter permanently or hiring a dog walker. But what if I brought my weight back down to normal?

So from mid August, at slightly over 150 lbs, I embarked on a combination of the 5-2 & 8-hour diets. Sometimes when weight-loss stalled that became the 4-3 & 4-hour diets. I’ve lost almost 28 lbs in 3 months. and am happily in the normal BMI range. Has it worked to improve the pain and mobility? I wont commit to a definite answer till next spring but I have been in less pain and able to actually enjoy the occasional pain-free & pain-killer-free short walkie in the last few weeks.

I’m now looking at the longer-term health benefits of intermittent fasting. My priority is no longer weight-loss. I do want to drop my body-fat percentage by another point or two, build up my core muscle strength gently to protect my bad back, and concentrate on optimum nutrition. A final push before Xmas seemed a good idea. Thats why I signed up for this challenge. But I’ll be happier to see my fat % reduce slightly and improve core muscle tone, than just hit the target 120 lbs.

Long-term its difficult to stick to being too disciplined. Last week I was annoyed with myself mainly because I woke up on Monday morning with a food-hangover and feeling like a stuffed turkey. An extra fast day and a couple of glasses of prune juice to move the excess food along and I’m feeling good again. I have every intention of continuing to have the occasional day where I indulge and tuck into fried food, creamy sauces, cheese-cake and chocolate. As long as its occasional, I’m confident that an extra fast day will compensate.

Checking in: I’m at 152.2 this morning, after three fast days this week. Only 0.4 lbs this week, then. Le sigh.

Milena – keep to the plan and wait for ‘the whoosh’ lol

Fatkat I was having a bit of a hard time and someone on this thread pointed out I sabotaging my effort by over indulging on a Sunday and using my fast day on Monday as a means of compensating. So now I keep to my Tdee on my non fast days which means my actual fast days do make a difference. You may also find the more you get into this you won’t want to over indulge. You know you can but you don’t want too. Well done for making the decision after such difficult circumstances to take charge and losing 28lbs keep going – you and your dog will reap the benefits.

Hi All

My weigh-in yesterday (8/11/15) showed I have lost 2 lbs since 1/11/15. I didn’t complete 3 fast days last week – my fault entirely. Recent photos (of me) from the 50 year reunion of the class of 1965 are not good. I look like a great muckle pudding in them, compared with my former classmates! I need to stick to this WoE and remain within my TDEE on my eating days. My mantra should be – “A minute in the lips is a lifetime on the hips” I will also drink more water as this really helps me.

All your posts are really helpful – thank you.

Checking in… Following other posters advice, and using Friday as my official weigh in day for this challenge.
    (Nov 1: 121.8 Starting weight)
    Fri Nov 6- 121.8… +-0

Hello!!!

I made it back on. Small victories!!

My weekend eating was a little disappointing so I”m going to try three fast days this week while my husband is away. Wish me luck. I’ve never done this….

I’ve been walking and planking so I feel better about that. I hope to start doing more weights this week and yoga.

I’m very interested in “the whoosh.” I’ve experienced this at times.

Rommy, I have extreme weight variation as well. I’d like to understand it better. I used to believe it was salt or sodium related and it is true that I usually am up a couple pounds (at least) after eating out. That doesn’t make a lot of sense because I don’t restrict salt at home at all. Other times it seems to be related to sugars or maybe other carbs. This weekend, for example, I am up four pounds, which would completely freak me out except I know it is “water weight” and will go away. I had Thai/sushi on Friday and that always sends me up for a few days!!! And I’ve let myself eat some chips and crackers over the weekend. Still….It’s hard to believe it could have that much effect. Any info is appreciated!

FatKat, I’m so sorry for the trauma you’ve had the past few years. You are brave and strong to go for a positive change. You’re an inspiration as well!!! Thank you!!!! I just had a body composition and I was 34 percent fat. I really want to get below 32 percent. My bmi is now 26.9 and I want it below 25.

Hope everyone has a good week!!

Lovely catching up on all you posts as I sit eating breakfast in London. I can tell you jet lag works wonders for fasting!! I arrived Saturday morning having had breakfast on the plane (recommend the poached eggs if, like me, you’re lucky enough to be on Air N Z business class)! Didn’t eat again (Yoghurt) til 11:00am yesterday as I was busy walking around, dodging rain showers ? And going to a show. Then while I enjoyed a delicious pie and a pint for a late lunch at 3pm I collapsed jet lagged and unintelligible at 6:30pm without eating again. Of course I woke up at about 4 am.
    So all those people who recommended one meal a day while travelling, so far so good. Spending the day with an old friend I’ve not seen for years so fun to be had!!

I’m new to this site, but not new to this diet – not sure how popular this idea is in US, haven’t heard anyone I know adopting it. Started last week and lost 7 pounds, but I’m 50 pounds overweight, so I assume that may be normal for the first week. Thinking Monday/Wednesday or Monday/Thursday for my fast days. Must be strong over holidays…

@keegmom, I’m from the US as well. It’s not sexy enough to be popular here, I don’t think… it’s a long term way of eating, not a quick fix like we all have come to expect is the way it’s “supposed” to be!

Had a disappointing day yesterday where I far exceeded my TDEE after eating out of stress and some mild sadness/loneliness. Today is a fast day, so I’ll probably not see much of a change from Sunday given that. This week I travel for business, so I’ll be doing 2 fasts only. Same thing next week. Thanksgiving week I will definitely get 3 in, though!!

Hello! Reporting to say that I managed to lose 1.6 lbs in my first week of the challenge. I weighed in at 135.4 this morning. I had 3 fast days last week and I’m on my 4th today. I’m going to do two in a row this week and see what the rest of the week brings as I’ll be away from home from Wednesday to Sunday. I should be able to fit in one fast day but there will be socializing and eating out most days. I’ll just have to make the right choices. If all else fails my travel day coming home on Sunday will be a good day to fast.

I hope everybody has a great week!

I see that my last post which was my check in for week 1 did not show up!?! I also set my fasting days as goals for this week. So I will do it again.

I lost no weight in the first week – weighing Fridays to be even with the rest of you.

Saturday was the celebration of our 50th Anniversary – all you can eat sushi – had great fun! It is quite confusing to order so made for a great party “warm up” and everyone became comfortable quickly. I tried to stick mainly to sashimi but my son was very handy at eating most of it. Anyway, how did I do it, I did not drink any alcohol and ate only a very small piece of cake. All and all, a great evening (almost worth the 50 years of marriage!!! lol)

Yesterday was my first fast this week.
    Today fasting until dinner. Dinner out with family of husband’s good friend who died a few weeks ago) Tuesday – fasting
    Wednesday – fasting until Birthday celebration of our first grandchild who meets the adult milestone of her life.
    Thursday – fasting

Will post in daily to keep me honest!

Hi

Chipmunk nice to hear from you while on your travels. I hope you have a fab time. What show are you going to see?

I do my first ever back to back fast tomorrow and I may have to change around my fast days for next week. Most likely will have to be a Monday and Wednesday as I have a charity event on the Thursday. I don’t like changing as I like the routine and I do my runs on my fast days but it is only for one week and you never know what mixing it up a bit will do. Keep going everyone – adjust if needs be and carry on!

Chipmunk, good job fasting while traveling!! It can be hard but I did manage one fast day during our trip to DC–the day driving up. It worked pretty well.

Keegmom–7 pounds!!! Wow. Keep it up.

tkinsley, I was disappointed in my weekend as well. I’m hoping to more than make up for it this week…

Good luck on your travels, Fastinlady.

PJBR–congrats on 50 years…AND on not eating everything during the celebrations.

Coda, I hope to do my first week with three fasts so I”m trying something new as well. Good luck to us both.

I’m proud of myself for checking in and going to the gym immediately after dropping my daughter off at school. I think the secret is putting out clothes the night before so it’s all there staring at you!! Fast day is good so far.

See you tomorrow!

Hi, back again! Having to do alternate days this week as we are taking the grandkids into Adelaide this weekend to watch the Christmas Pageant, staying at the Hilton Adelaide for the weekend. When we were a lot younger we did the sitting in the street thing but if I do that now they would have to close the road all weekend as it takes me that long now to get up!!
    Carolinacatz: fluid retention is a real pain when we are scale watching. I have found that there are four reasons why this happens to me.
    1. overeating too many carbs or too much salt i.e. potato chips or salted nuts
    to fix – lots of water to flush out and I eat celery sticks to help.
    2. warm weather – when weather cools down I lose a lot of weight just running to the loo!!
    3. about to go down with a virus – nothing, absolutely nothing will shift this until I get over whatever it is that’s making me ill, I believe its part of my immunity system kicking in.
    4 and the most welcome one of all,fat mobilisation. you may not see a drop on the scales but you will have clothes dropping off!
    a tip I use is if my rings feel tight I don’t go near the scales until they loosen up.
    I have no heart or kidney problems, and I don’t take fluid retention tablets as they don’t work for me. When my body is ready to let go, it will.
    Hope this is of help to you as I know how frustrating this is. It took me a long time to figure this out, and I once read that it doesn’t matter how much I stuff my face, I can only physically put on 1/4lb a day, the rest is just water absorbed, so one days fast will fix it.

Hi All…am on track. In fact yesterday, I had a total zero calorie day. Just drank water and black tea. Wasn’t hungry.

I’m in mt 34th week of this lifestyle. I think it’s going to be a forever thing XX

Finally got a whoosh. 150.8 this morning after a 480 calorie fast day. Woot woot!!

Hi AH

Welcome back – glad you are enjoying all that sport in the NZ sunshine! Did your four day golf trip involve a handicap cut??

Ten days into the challenge, four fasts done and a whole pound gone! Santa is welcome to it! I have fourteen fasts remaining on my calendar but I can see some dates where I can fit in some additional as back-to-backs, so …. for the first time in a long while I am feeling very positive and feel I CAN achieve my pledged six pounds. Thank you for your suggestions on planning and positivity – you are such a motivator and we are all so lucky to have you lead us!

Fatkat, thanks for sharing your story with us – I felt so moved! Glad you have taken charge of your life now by making two significant changes – your dog as companion and exercise buddy – and this fasting way of life – embrace them both and they will not let you down! What an incredible amount you have lost in such a small space of time leading you into a healthy BMI, but you are right to give weight loss less focus and concentrate on nutrition and strengthening to assist your mobility. Have you thought about Pilates classes for core strengthening? The gentle stretching exercises it involves particularly suit people with “issues” and if you can attend a class led by a physiotherapist you should be able to get guidance on tailoring your exercises to suit your mobility issues. Good luck to you.

Hi reporting loss of .700 kg. Its almost time to eat my fast meal and soooo looking forward to it but really pleased with loss so far on this challenge – long may it continue. Believe that is 2.5 kg down and if that is correct I have also left the 12 stone somethings behind forever and I am on target. Yeah!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone

Lovely to have so many posts to read each day. I’m away for the weekend but will take my tablet to keep up.

FATKAT: Thank you for sharing your story and for reminding me of the long term benefits of intermittent fasting.

CHIPMUNK: Well done for fasting whilst travelling. Enjoy your time in London.

KEEGMOM: A warm welcome.

PJBR: CONGRATULATIONS! 50 Years…Wow….Amazing!

ROMMY5163: Thank you for the four reasons for fluid retention. I’m familiar with 1 and 4. Ate too many potatoes at the weekend with garlic butter so scales say fluid retention πŸ™‚

EXPAT: First of 3 fast days today and so far zero calories too and not hungry. Almost bedtime so probably won’t eat now, just another herbal tea.

TKINSLEY: YAY to the whoosh πŸ™‚

Have a good week everyone!

Oh dear, not helping myself at all this week. We have been to our favourite cafe in Dundee, where I get the BEST meringues. Unfortunately for us the owner is retiring at the weekend, so the doors will be closed on the dear Parrot Cafe. Had two meringues already this week, with one more to go on Friday, then no more! Although I now have the recipe, so might make them myself when I feel the urge – only special treats!
    Thankfully I am still sitting where I was last week. Hopefully tomorrow I can reduce a bit more, hoping to reduce my pangs of guilt too! Will check in Friday Action, and please, no reprimands, it’s a case of making hay etc etc!!! TTL

Hi folks,

Apologies for my tardiness. I’m not sure what day we’re supposed to be checking in but I’m making my weigh in day Thursday because my final weigh in before Christmas will be a Thursday (Christmas Eve), six weeks to go! I weighed in this morning at 65.8kg, down 1/2 a kilo/1 pound since the start of November. Despite being fairly consistent, I’ve been stuck around this weight for about a month, give or take a pound πŸ™

I don’t have time to read everyone’s posts this morning but I hope other people are having more success.

AH are you on another golfing outing? Its not like you not to be commenting – everything OK?

CODA and everyone else: Sorry folks, up to my ears with work since my weekend away, it’s my day off tomorrow (Friday) and promise I’ll catch up and record everyones results and read all the posts, I feel terrible that I’ve neglected you guys last 7 days, I’ll be back soon…..

Here’s a little something to keep everyone inspired (not that many on here need inspiration, your motivation is contagious):

“Dreams do come true. Yes, even yours. But you have to meet them part way. Get up and do something towards them. Now.”

Roomy, thanks for the info on water weight. It is frustrating. At least I know to expect it now.

I missed logging in yesterday but I’m glad to be here today. I had a fast day even though my daughter was out of school for Veterans Day (armistice day). I had a small side salad for lunch and two eggs for supper. The salad was while we were out and about so I’m glad I was able to get something that fit the plan!

I’ve walked and planked and raked leaves so I feel good about that!

I’m going to try another fast Friday. It will be my first 4/3 week so wish me luck!!

Good job everyone!

Hello Skinnies…

So measured today after 3 fast days last week…

Am at 60 kg!! which means am down 2 kg and at target weight already!!!

This is before breakfast so may not last but feels great as I have been stuck at 65 ish FOR EVER!

SO will adjust target to try and get down to 9 stone..

Also am changing fast days to be only fluids ( tea, water etc) and one meal..instead of mini snacking which can add up dangerously fast… so really feeling the fast for the first time.

Is this the fabled whoosh I’ve heard so much about.? Here’s a Swoosh..I’m thinking of doing next year…if I can whoosh enough to get in a wetsuit.

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/events/?id=112

Good Luck to all Mx

New target is 57 kg

Soontobesvelt……

Just read your post.. I was stuck at 65kg for the longest time..I began to believe that I would be unable to change… that it was somehow healthy..even though it is obviously not, especially as I look at my belly resting on the top of my thighs like an independent state….. the republic of Fatness! I that is the sensation I hate the most about being overweight… the feeling of my tummy sitting on my lap.

I have just recently had some success. Even tho I didn’t lose weight in Oct.. I did continue to stick to the fast on and off…. even tho I felt like I was getting nowhere. I also reduced bread and pasta, eventually giving it up completely.

This month I’m not doing anything different..apart from not missing any fast days .. and I appear to be losing weight with relative ease.

So keep going thro the bleaklands of apparent pointlessness…. the whoosh awaits you!

Mx

All I want for Christmas is a whoosh or two!!!!

THat’s the truth, by the way.

I decided to log in first thing today even though I was just on last night. I didn’t get any satisfaction on the scale after yesterday’s fast–don’t know if it’s from the dressing on the salad or something else, but I know I have to ignore it and continue knowing the whoosh is coming!!

Congrats on reaching goal, MsMarple. How wonderful!

Today I know I must completely stay away from crackers and other salty snacky things. That is my downfall. I’m going to say whoosh every time I’m tempted…..

AH – you are forgiven completely – you are entitled to another life you know and perhaps we should be not be so needy. You have us spoilt lol. As long as everything is ok and it is only work getting in the way.

Well done MsMarple for getting to target and then revising it to a lower one! An inspiration to us all! My what a challenge don’t think I could swim 5k good luck on that one!

We all want a Whoosh or two lol! x

carolinakatz

thank you for my new Christmas song!

All:

Thank goodness that is over – the partying of this last few days i mean. Hopefully life will settle in to a relatively boring pace so I can fast-a-plenty. I need to get my life and health in order.

Weigh in tomorrow.

Good luck and happy fasting to you all.

Good Afternoon All, it’s Friday afternoon here in glorious New Zealand and life is just GREAT, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and clear blue skys point to a great weekend out on the Fairways again (handicap hasn’t moved too much UPA after my weekend away recently)

I have just updated our rather big Spread sheet for this Challenge. We have 38 people on board who have pledged 271 pounds (123kgs) so poor old Santa is going to rather annoyed with us lot if we are all successful with our reductions by Christmas.

First week 22 of us have reported in recording a weight reduction of 42lbs (19kgs) Leading the way is VIBRANT LIFE with a healthy 7lbs followed by MSMARPLE and FATKAT both with over 4lbs. Lots of others with 1, 2, and 3lbs so very well done everyone and a great start on our Christmas journey

Personally I managed to navigate these past 13 days with a massive 0.2lbs reduction, which in hindsight I’m very pleased with, so much fun, so much food, beers and wines and I’ve come back to what I was when I left last week so this WOL does work and kicks in when the effort is put in.

Thanks so much for all the very insightful posts over the past week, some very personal stories which are a pleasure to read and many great tips for all of us to take on board to help us all on our journey to skinny.

To the missing 16 people who haven’t checked in, please let us know what is happening in your life to date, don’t be shy telling us about your ups and downs, this is why we love reading everyones posts, everyone gets something from someones comments and it’s that help that may just keep someone on track and they’ll say “Thank you XXXX, I really needed to hear that because I was ready to give up and you gave me inspiration to continue”. And doesn’t that make everyone feel warm and fuzzy….

KEEGMOM I have you listed in our group but you didn’t list a goal for the Challenge, what reduction are you aiming for up to Christmas? Let me know and I’ll add it to Santas Sleigh.

Keep up the great work everyone, have a great weekend (whenever that happens in your part of the world) and stay strong and true to your goals, Christmas day is 41 days away, how many FD’s are you planning ’til then, how many pounds donated to Santa. I’m so pleased many of you are getting good value from your little Planning Calendars, they make great snap shots of your achievements plus whenever you miss a FD you know straight away that it has to be rescheduled and it can be recovered without too much anxiety. Talk again soon, I’m getting ready to watch the Kiwi Cricketers start their test match against the old Ozzie foes in Perth, 90 minutes until the start…. Cheers, Mike

Second Weigh-in and WHOOSH………… πŸ™‚ 3lbs lost – my goal for this challenge YAY!!! πŸ™‚

I am now under 9st, the first in decades. I don’t feel I need to lose any more but I will continue with the planned fasts and see what happens. The complete fluid fasts on FDs are very beneficial.

Good luck to everyone. I’m flying off to Berlin now to visit friends.

Well done everyone, it’s inspiring to read about everyones progress and stories! I’m down from 71.4 to 70.7 so a .7 loss. Only been able to do one fast day this week after having the flu but it’s gone in the right direction which is a relief! Worried I’ll start plateauing but going to stay positive either way πŸ™‚ well done everyone

I checked into this thread at 93kg 10 days ago… down to 91.8kg which I’m quite happy with. Last week involved eating out a couple of times (including the most enormous burger, more a bowling ball of beef really), this week was very well behaved to compensate. I just need to try and have a sensible weekend now and start to see a downward trend. I think once you get a couple of weeks of losses in a row, or even a couple of weeks of sticking to the 5:2 under your belt, you just settle into it. And a bit of extra motivation from seeing how others are doing does help!!

Oh oh, seem to be on a plateau. This is my third week sitting at 9st 5 1/4 lbs. I have been up and down throughout the week, many thanks to the delicious meringues I have been overdosing on! My birthday today, so the last meringue for lunch, then our fav cafe closes for good. So no more meringues! Then out for dinner tonight which will include the whole nine yards plus wine, but I skipped breakfast, so keeping my calories for later., will see what the scales say tomorrow, then adjust my weekend food accordingly.
    Great to see so many new faces on this forum, and see that lots of you are having success. It’s great when you see the numbers go down on the scales, but even when they don’t, good things are happening inside to turn us all into healthier human beings.
    We had the high winds and torrential rain from storm Abigail yesterday. We had a snowstorm earlier this morning which had started to settle, now we have brilliant sunshine and blue skies!!! Weird weather to say the least. Envious of all your lovely Southern Hemisphere sunshine. Stay well everyone, and keep up with the fasting, it does work!
    Glad you’re back with Us Action. By the way, what was you’re goal for this challenge? Don’t want you slacking now do we?

OH, I am up this week by about 3 pounds, but I am not surprised as I have been unable to fast as I had hoped, but after yesterday’s fast lost 2 pounds. I am just discounting this weeks gain and loss and I wish you to do so too, AH, as it will just confuse the issue. I will report next Friday and it will be better, I promise. (All celebrations are finished for now) This week is a longer fast to make up for last week.

Good luck everyone!

Hello….I’m at the Dmv waiting to renew my driver’s license….is this a big ordeal outside the US? It’s kind of a joke here…the definition of bureaucracy. At least I’m not eating! I’m on my phone so please excuse the typing. No weigh in as I’m doing a third fast today…fingers crossed. I went to yoga yesterday and hope to walk today if I ever get out of here! Good luck for the weekend everyone! I have a few challenges but I’m hopeful!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply.