Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

This topic contains 423 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyh46 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 424 total)

• I agree Mary – to do as badly as FatKat would work for me! I would love to get where you are FatKat, though I started 20 lbs heavier so it will take a while yet! You are an inspiration to us all – amazing achievement, I for one will be cheering you on!!

Love the Motto AH!

Oh, yay, thank you @Action Hero for heading this up! I love the blank calendars.

I’m fasting today, actually, which means I will have 16 remaining fast days between now and December 19. I’m planning to lose a total of 5 pounds between now and then, which would put me at 147.6 (I was 152.6 the morning after my last fast day). I plan to knock 3 days out this week, three again the week of Thanksgiving, and three again the week before Christmas.

My goal is to be more mindful on my “normal” days. I’m eating to a number since I’m just really not hungry on non fast days, and I often feel overstuffed when I hit it. I think I need to increase my vegetables and decrease my greek yogurt and granola–I love it, but I think the dairy bloats me. I’m not lactose intolerant, but I definitely get a little puffy. Also, I get lazy with water drinking on normal days as well, so I’ll start getting at least 3 liters in on normal days.

Hi,
    After reading all your posts I have now decided I need this – therefore logged on today and starting my first day of fast today. Probably need a little bit of guidance as to what I can get in under 500 calls so any help would be great! I have a Xmas function and need to get into my long dress for this, so please any help.
    I would ideal,y like to lose about 13lbs but let’s see how I get on.
    Thanks x

Apologies FATKAT, my bad, I didn’t read your post as having already dropped 50kgs on your 5:2 journey, so I have to agree with Mary and Milena, keep doing whatever is working for you and the rest will come off as well. 🙂

Welcome aboard MYMISSION, 13LBS is an ambitious goal however over 7 weeks it’s achievable. Log into a Food Calculator web site (My Fitness Pal works for most of us) and keep a daily food diary that tells you your daily calorie consumption, makes your control of what you eat very easy to manage.

Thank u action hero , day one under way ?

Hi Action Hero,

Do I HAVE to have a goal weight for 18/12 to aim for, to complete the entry? I committed to fast on 15 days, I don’t KNOW how much weight I will lose. If I give a goal and I don’t achieve it, I will feel bad about myself, and I don’t want that.

When I was on the 5:2 before, my weight loss was slow and uneven. It took months to lose 4 kgs, but I did it. But I gave up after a plateau. I need to lose 6 kgs to be in the normal BMI range. I used to be skinny. That won’t be me again. My ultimate goal is now a weight that improves my health.

Like many of you, I especially want to be lighter for the Christmas holiday but I’m determined not to be disappointed, as long as I follow my 15 fast days schedule inspired by you, and don’t go off the rail too often on non-fast days. I’m not a constant “weigher”, but will report my actual weight loss at the end of your Challenge.

May I stay in regardless, please? Think of me as in the marathon not to win the race – or even to come in the top 20 – but just to finish. Thank you.

“DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY”: Oh dear! Yoda has zapped me out of existence.

Yours truly,

TRY.

TRY TRY – believe me, it helps to have a goal. Just don’t be over ambitious and be delighted when you achieve it! I am off to Italy for a couple of weeks and I have pledged just 2kg (4.4lb) for the 7 weeks. It doesn’t matter if the goal is small, having a goal helps you focus. It’s true. No-one will throw you off the forum if you don’t set one, but I think everyone here will agree it is useful to set a target. It’s a bit Alcie – how will you know when you’ve got there if you don’t know where you’re going??

That would be Alice, as in Wonderland, not Alcie!!

MaryWWriter: It’s fascinating how different our individual circumstances are. If I lost 50 lbs, I would slip through the crack. I reckon 15 lbs is the difference between sickness and health for me. But then I reckon my problem is visceral fat, and I begin to suspect that it was there even when I was slim.

Chipmunk13: If I MUST have a weight goal to stay in the challenge, then 1 kg. it is. Have a great time in Italy.

Thanks all, and good luck!

Hello,

Well, the only scales I could get are KG which is a bit confusing for me..
    so I am 63 KG which is 9 st 13 lbs and I want to get to 9 st 7 lbs which is 60 kgs.

So I need to lose 3 kgs….so much for small and incremental?

My fasting days are Tues and Thurs but am going to slot in some Sats.. ( am not keen on the back to back fasting idea).
    Trouble is I run on Sat….which always makes me ravenously hungry. Do you think it would be ok to get back from running..scoff my entire 500 in the form of something hardcore like 500 cals of raw steak ! and then fast for the rest of the day. gulp?

Well done Try Try for choosing a goal…I think you’ve done the right thing!

*Joins in*

I had success earlier in the year with a strict 5:2 but over the summer months when i was away alot, a few kilos crept back on. So after a successful restart yesterday Im at 93kg and want to below 90kg for xmas. Really aiming for 5kg off!

Chipmunk13, Love your Alice point. My reply is I know where I am going but just don’t know when I will get there. But I will try not to dawdle, and to stay on the path.

I know I wont’ be kicked out of the forum, I was being whimsical. I meant, do I have to give a target weight loss to stay in the November and December Christmas challenge? Assuming I do, for the spirit of the challenge, I made it modest. Thanks!

VibrantLife – I have a last meal in the evening 7-8 pm before my fast day and don’t eat again until same time the next night as I found if I eat something in the morning of my fast day I seemed to be hungrier. I then have just under 500 calories to play with for my meal. It is getting something that works for you – play around a bit and see what fits your lifestyle. Some people I know share the calories allowed on a fast day throughout the day small breakfast, lunch and dinner. Other talk of instead of 5:2 they talk hours 24:2 etc but that never made sense to me. Whatever way works for you, do it. It is a very flexible plan.

MsMarple,

Thanks for the encouragement. Like you, I want to lose weight from my tummy which has stubbornly grown since I had a hysterectomy. I also lapsed after an earlier effort on the 5:2 because weight and inches fell off everywhere EXCEPT my tummy.

In my case I was never so skinny as after childbirth and breast feeding. Maybe I fell into sloppy eating habits.

One fast day down! @vibrantlife, I tend to have my first meal around noon and my last meal before 5:00. That gives me around 19 hours without eating. I’ve been eating this way whether it’s a fast day or not. I, like many others, find that I’m hungrier after I eat. I’m interested in trying a longer period without food and am planning to work up to at least one day a week going for 24 hours. I’m finding this fairly effortless and do drink plenty of water, herbal tea and the occasional hot lemon water during my non-eating periods, besides my one cup of coffee in the morning. Also, I eat very low carb during my eating periods.

I love that this is so flexible and so far it’s been pretty unnoticeable to anyone around me. I’ve been dieting for over 40 years and I don’t feel like this is a “diet” as such, more of a lifestyle plan that I can continue to follow indefinitely.

I’d like to join if you’ll accept a crazy modest goal of two pounds!! That’s been about my average since I began in early summer. On the one hand it’s kind of pathetic but on the other I’m down roughly ten pounds whereas before I had to claw and scramble just to not gain weight! And if I keep on at this rate I’ll be out of the overweight zone in a year. So … not very exciting but in the right direction at least!!!

The idea of planning is awesome. In addition to just having been through Halloween, I have to prepare for both my kids’ birthdays, my own birthday, Thanksgiving and hosting our company Christmas party at our house! If I can make it to that party down two pounds I will be ecstatic.

I believe I can have two fast days a week between now and Dec. 11. I think my primary challenge will be not undoing it with these back-to-back festivities. I will need to get on here more often and be held accountable for that!!

Also, I saw a reference to Dr. Jason Fung on one of these threads and looked up some of his stuff. One takeaway I’m going to try is to not eat any carbs at all on my fast days. I’m also going to have a guideline of limiting the weekday non-fast days to no sweets or crackers or chips …. unless there is a celebration. It’s munching around the house that I really want to learn to control!!!!

Good luck and thanks for organizing this!!!!

Oops…forgot to put the numbers, which I need to document for myself, haha. Otherwise I’ll fudge.

I’m starting at 169.5 and have a goal of losing two to get to 167.5.

Morning all, the AB’s have just arrived home in NZ with our prized Rugby World Cup amid thousands turning out at Auckland airport to welcome them, Ritchie and the boys are the heroes for the moment down this part of the world.

And the heroes of our little world are all you guys, we have 32 committed heroes in our Christmas Group (and the number is still growing each day as this Forum spreads.) I have 222lbs (101kgs) registered to be reduced over the 49 days of this Challenge (up to 19 December). I think this is the biggest group ever joining our Little Voices group so lets make sure we do ourselves proud. We have 488 fast days recorded to be completed by the group of 32, that’s an average of >15FD’s per person so well done everyone. Those who didn’t want to do more than 2 FD’s per week I have put you down for 14FD’s over the 7 weeks.

So we are 4 days into Week One of our journey to a skinny Christmas, how is your planning going so far, are you using your daily Calendars to plan your fasts and recording the hours between your meal gaps. This makes a very good visual picture as it grows through the week and it also highlights where the little trip ups occur.

To all the new people in our Group, welcome aboard and I trust you will get the support you need to make your journey as easy as possible. Feel free to share whatever is working for you plus ask all those questions on your mind, there are never any “dumb questions” because there’s always someone out there who thinks “I always wanted to know that”.

There are a great variety of Names in our Group, some very positive, some a little unfortunate. Yoda might not approve of a couple however who are we to judge ???

Well done TRY TRY AGAIN for deciding on a goal for the period. Chipmunk summed it up nicely about not knowing if you arrive if you don’t know where you are going, very true. It’s all about measuring progress, like in a game of Rugby or Soccer, if no one keeps the score then no one knows who has won.

Keep up the great work people and we all look forward to some great results over these next 7 weeks. Imagine if we can load up old Santas Sleigh with over 220lbs before Christmas Day, the poor old guy won’t be able to budge and we did it.

Talk again soon, Mike

I did think of a micro goal of checking this thread and participating daily….

Hi AH After a bad October i had my first weigh for November and am really pleased so much so I want to revise my goal of 3.5 kg to 5.20 kg to be precise. I weighed in this evening at 76.4 which is 1.8 kg from last week. Note to ones self I must remember to be patient and stick to the plan and I will get my reward. In my original goal when I started 5:2 I aimed to be 71.3 by 15 December so although I am a little behind if I attain my goal for this thread I will only be four weeks behind my original goal. I will also have left my 12 stone something’s behind and under 11 stone 9 lbs which is also another goal of mine. As that was what I reached a good few years ago in a slimming club before it all started to go back on and I was spending a fortune in paying someone to weigh me and tell me I had put on the lb that was off and on the last lot of weeks. I gave up and my weight began to slowly creep back up. When I reach that goal as it says in my diary “now I really can start believing my dream is achievable”.

A late joiner but an eager one!

I too am going to put this down in writing while I’m feeling motivated to ensure I don’t back my way out of it.

Let’s talk numbers. I am currently 71.4kg (down from 74.9 when I started 5 weeks ago) and by 19 December I *WILL* weigh 67.5kg. I’m committing to 17 fasting days (first one was today) by 19 December. Up until now I haven’t combined the diet with working out so I’m additionally promising myself at least 2 runs a week. Christmas will not beat me – I am in charge of what I eat and how I feel, not my circumstances, and this will be my mantra 🙂

Thanks for the motivation boost, AH! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress.

Hi Fasters,

Can I join in! Sorry it’s late! But committed myself on the 1st Nov that I would complete 15 fast between then and the 21st Dec.
    Already 2 down with a back to back fast Mon & tues 🙂

I’ve never joined in on the forums but hoping this we’ll help me keep motivated! I’ve done 5:2 on and off for two years and can say for sure that I always feel better when I’m ‘on’ it.

I will try my up most best to lose 8-10 lbs before Santa Claus arrives by sticking to my fasts, exercising at least three times a week and eating as little processed food as possible.

Got my eye on 10st for Christmas 😉

Good luck to all X

Hi CODA, wow that’s amazing and very brave of you to adjust so early in the Month, I have amended you to 5.2kgs which is 11.5lbs and makes your goal the highest of the whole group by half a pound, we’ll all give you 100% support over the next few weeks. I know from past Forums your determination is very focussed, you are an inspiration, just like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I33u_EHLI3w

Gulp! What have I done lol!
    While I may not be jumping over park benches I will now be thinking I am Rocky while I do my runs. Pity I don’t have steps to bound up at the end lol. Well in for a penny in for a £ although in my case it is 11 lbs! Thank you for you support, it means a lot and I will need it in the coming weeks. I am now giving myself gold stars each day I stick to the plan and at the end of the week if all goals achieved I get a nice shiney smiley face sticker. I hope the visual appearance on my calendar helps keep me on track. Nite x

Welcome aboard BOOKBUFF & SEHHUNTER. Very positive statement from you BB, showing great determination, just like Rocky (my hero) above.

SEHHUNTER, “DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY” this is our Motto in this Forum, so I put you down for 10lbs just because you CAN do that.

Thanks for joining us on our journey to skinny, report in each week when it suits you best and we’ll help each other do the DOING

Wow, Coda. I’m exhausted just watching Rocky, way to go! I did my park bench leaps at Aqua fit this morning, that’s as good as it gets for me, but it’s heaps better than doing nothing, which I was a year ago. We can do this!
    Welcome all the newbies out there, just know you are not alone, we have all been where you’re at, and have got to where we’re going. Just follow the 5:2 regime and you will get there. Go, team Little Voices, go!!! TTL

Hi all,
    2 fasts down for this week 1 to go.
    I did a B2B and its a lot better than my 1st and 2nd experience. It was an unplanned fast. I do intermittent fasting as well and i found myself at 7pm yesterday that i’ve just had only green tea and water for over 23 hours so instead of eating my NFD calories within the space of 1hour (finish eating between 7 – 8pm daily) i decided to do a fast instead. Today has been going well and eating my allocated calories for the day. My next fast will be on Friday. Hope every one is doing ok as planned.

Hello! I’m checking in, which is good. I did some hand weights and planks for the first time in a while and had a nice walk, which is good. I’m not entirely pleased with how I ate today and I know that’s where I need to concentrate my energy. It wasn’t terrible–just plenty of room for improvement!! Tomorrow is my second fast this week and those usually go well. As I said, I’m going to plan to have virtually no carbs–I will allow myself an ounce or two of OJ midafternoon if I get that low blood sugar feeling.

Coda, glad your weigh in wasn’t as bad as expected. I’m impressed with your goals!!

Welcome, Bookbuff and sehhunter!! Hope you find the forums helpful. It is a good reinforcement for me.

Thirdtimelucky, congrats on the bench leaps! It all helps and as you say, any progress is good.

foomsy, I’m impressed with your b2b fasting. I haven’t done that at all but I bet it’s effective.

Actionhero–thanks for keeping us all in line!!!

I’ll check in tomorrow. I have a long walk scheduled with a friend and of course it’s fast day so I’m hopeful it will go well.

Just taken time to go over the last few posts, what a great crowd we have on this forum again. We all want the weight to disappear, so we look better. But please don’t forget that this is about repairing the body inside too. Even though it might not show on the scales, just know that your insides are doing their exercises in getting into shape too. My biggest fear was turning into my mum in later years. Small, overweight, miserable, hated shopping for clothes, on lots of medication, but did nothing about making things better. After reading Dr M’s book, I realised that I had the choice of doing nothing and being miserable the rest of my life, or taking control. Pleased to say I did the latter. After starting at 151lbs, I am now 132 lbs, and on the way to 126 lbs. I feel better than I have in years. I exercise more than I’ve ever done (Aqua fit, Pilates and HIT rebounding) and am now in size 12 dresses. I feel 10 feet tall and my moods are much brighter. When I reach 126 lbs I’ll go back to the Doc and get my blood work checked again, which was all on the high side when I started. The good thing is, that I don’t see this WOE as a diet, more a way of life. It’s great knowing that two days a week I don’t have to think about preparing food, just keep it simple. Thankfully my OH is on this journey with me and has shed a lot of weight too.
    We met friends we haven’t seen for a year recently, their comments; can’t believe how well you both look, you look even younger than we last saw you! Compliments indeed! Told them about the Fast Diet. I take delight in spreading the word.Do hope you all stick with it and don’t despair when the scales don’t behave. Your vital organs will thank you for helping them to perform better! Good luck all.
    Fast day for me today, no breakfast, no lunch, smoked haddock, poached eggs and greens for dinner tonight. Off to Pilates now. Have a great day everyone. TTL

Hello everyone!

Is it too late to join?
    I’ve only recently re-started 5:2-ing after a year long hiatus. I lost 10 kg last time around (6 kg within the first 6 or 7 weeks), but have gained all of that back and a few extra kgs it would seem…
    As of today, I am at 115 kg (230 lbs I think) (According to the electronic scales at my gym), which is the highest number I’ve ever seen on a scale — and I am a bit bummed out – but even more determined to get the extra padding off!!!

My 22nd birthday is on 5 December, and I want to be able to congratulate myself by then for losing a ton already! So I’m going to be quite courageous and would like to put down for 6 kg by the 19th or whenever the end of the challenge is. I’m on my third week of fasting already, and on the second FD of this week, with a third one planned for Sunday.

Hope you’ll accept me! Been reading through the posts and you all seem lovely, supportive and really determined.

Alex xx

Yesterday was my second fast day of the week, and I’m only down, or back down, I should say, to 152.6. My waist at the belly button is down 1/4 inch though, so I guess that’s something.

I will have at least a partial fast day on Saturday as well, making three for the week. I know I’m due for a whoosh, so hopefully that will happen soon.

Oooh tkinsley

What’s a whoosh when it’s at home…???

Is it when all your weight just whooshes away?

I am on second fast day today..

Will do next one on Sun.

Won’t be near computer till mon so here’s week 1 weigh in… 62 kg.

So, I think that means I’ve lost 1 kg.

Have to say ..my new scales are of the extremely cheap variety with no markings between kg’s so I think the measurement could be a little dodgy but I’m going with it.

Welcome and Good Luck Alex…here’s to a healthy 22 yr old you!

Love

Mx

Hi, all,

I’ve done two fast days this week so far, and plan to do my third tomorrow. Down 1.5 lbs so far.

Thanks for the inspiration, TTL! Great post! Welcome, Alex! And hi to everyone else.

@msmarple: yes, that’s right. There’s a sudden whoosh of fluid loss and the scale drops. Seems that the fat cells fill up with fluid while fat is being metabolized and then for whatever reason release the extra fluid at some point. It’s annoying, though!

3rd time lucky
    Please explain HIT rebounder. I have one and would love to know how to do HIT on it.

Hi Action as promised I am checking in with my first result a reduction of 2 lbs this week woo hoo. I am away on a trip now so I will post my next result on Sunday 15 November. 8lbs to go to reach my target really determined ?

Hi Action – heading off on my travels today – woohoo!! So checking in – 200grams down after 2 fast days. Another fast day today – can I count the day I lose travelling back in time??
    Have my planner with me, the 4:3 days when I get back marked in ink, and the days I am away marked with hope! (Just joking – there is no try but there is always hope). I will definitely be doing at least one day a week while away.
    Will check in when I can, but won’t be weighing til my return.

Hi All

Well Rocky worked! and a little stress from a visitor to work. I not only refused to take any cake that was sitting out – calling me but I told it in no uncertain terms this was my fast day and I was having none of it! So with the stress and Rocky I upped my run to week 9 – walked 5 mins and ran 30 with a walk to cool down

According to mapmyrun that was 5.24 in 41.29 and used 527 calories – for my fast day meal have planned roughly a meal of 403 calories.

Ah so now I understand when I lost 1.8 kg I had my whoosh! I like it!

I too am interested in HIT for a re-bounder – share all please.

Hope everyone is still feeling positive and still determined.

Feeling soooooo good. x

Hi PJBR and Coda, plus anyone else who is interested. I have Dr M’s FAST EXERCISE book and after reading how it works, this is how I use my mini trampoline.
    Using the stopwatch on my iPad, start at zero.
    For one minute I just use it as if I am jogging normally.
    Next 20 seconds I go hell for leather! Back straight, head up, knees high and arms pumping.
    Then slow down to previous jog, when I reach the 2 minutes, repeat going like Action is after me!
    Repeat again, finishing up to 4 minutes jogging normally.
    Total, 4 minutes. Done after cleaning my teeth in the morning, in my dressing gown.
    I do this three times a week, on the days when I don’t do Aqua fit and Pilates.
    It’s amazing how it gets the heart pumping and so easy to do.
    I used to do this every week day, but reading the book there is no advantage to doing more than three times a week, and that suits me fine as I don’t really enjoy exercising, although I love the feeling afterwards.
    Hope this helps, just keep doing it and it gets easier. I’ve added this regime to my calendar for Nov/Dec, so no excuse for missing a day! Good luck. TTL

Thanks TTL will have to give that a go and slot it in on my calendar. Also enjoyed reading your previous post, you have done so well and can see where your incentive came from. Well done you!
    My post should read 5.24 km in 41.29 mins which makes more sense lol – now I have to work on a faster time.
    Hope all who are away on adventures have a great time and welcome to all the newbies who are joining us on this challenge. x

Very pleased this morning. Scales show a reduction of 1 3/4lbs, down to 9 St 5 1/4 lbs. lowest I’ve been for many years.
    Had my high winter boots on yesterday. Last year I struggled to get the zips up. Now they go up easily and I can get my fingers down inside too! Amazing where the fat disappears from. We all think of the fat we are carrying around the middle, but I have obviously lost it from my calves, Upagumtree has lost it from her feet, and my OH has lost it from his neck. (He doesn’t snore now because of it!). Also I have lost weight from my hands, my rings and watch are much looser, and my winter gloves fit much better.
    Don’t despair because you don’t notice a difference yet, things will change if you give it time. The trick is to just keep doing 5:2. Don’t worry if you are on a plateau, as long as you stick to your TDEE or less, things will happen. Good luck everyone, don’t go mad this weekend, and if you do, don’t forget to work out the calories BEFORE you eat, it’s crazy how they mount up! TTL

Third time lucky,

Thanks for your post, which I found very comforting. This is my second try at the 5:2. The previous time I did despair because I lost weight in the wrong places, and believe it or not, I’d never heard of a TDEE. Binges on non-fast days are a set-back, there’s no getting away from that.

Since Sunday, I’ve had 2 fast days, (today is my second), 3 non-fast days and one ‘go mad’ day. I ate too much on one of my intended fast days, so it became a non-fast day but didn’t turn into a binge. That’s not good, but okay. Alternating between 5:2 and 4:3 gives me flexibility for mini set-backs. My next weigh-in is Monday.

AH – I’m increasing my Challenge loss from 1 kg. to 2 kgs.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks TTL and I also agree with Try – a very good post especially for those who are at the beginning of this journey to hear from the pioneers who have gone before and are paving the way for us. Well done Try for also increasing your target.
    I too am second time around for 5:2 I had read the book and tentatively started a while back(my niece had lost a lot of weight on this) but something was missing for me and I am I glad to say I have found it on this second attempt. Maybe someday I will share what made me attempt and try a second time. To find this thread on this forum has made such a difference – to hear from ones on different stages, those who have reached their destination in the land of slim and healthy, those who are almost there, those like me who have already started and those who are just joining us. To get support from people all over the world, to have the words of encouragement when things may not have gone to plan, to get told it straight from the hips at times when we need that kick up the backside (though I think no one is harder on ourselves than ourselves). Sometimes it just takes another person to say yes I know how you feel – been there done that but don’t give up! To be able to post when you feel great and when you are also feeling down. It makes such a difference. Here is to a good weekend everyone – don’t let your guard slip too much over the weekend and undo all that good work during the week. Keep focusing on the end game – the AB’s started preparing for the recent RWC as soon as they had won the last one – they focused on the end game and just look at what they achieved. Think what we could all achieve in 7 weeks – wouldn’t it be lovely if we all got our goals? x

A warm welcome to all new joiners, it’s lovely to read so many posts This is a lovely, supportive and jovial group and I hope you get as much from it as I do.

I’ve changed my weigh-in day to Friday as the challenge finishes on a Friday and I weighed myself last Saturday so it makes sense. I’ve stayed the same (kind of), I’ve lost ounces but I don’t include them in my reporting. I went for an Indian meal with my son for his birthday and I had what I wanted. Must admit, I couldn’t eat all of it and brought some home for the next day 🙂 but I really enjoyed it. And I’m very pleased that I’ve ‘stayed the same’!

I have 3 fast days scheduled in for next week. Feeling focussed.

I have a 10 mile hike to look forward to on Sunday.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

So pleased to hear that you Coda and Try try Again have not given up, and come back to trying 5:2 again.
    15 years ago I joined Weightwatchers for two years. After spending a fortune, joined a gym which I hated, and eventually lost 2.5 stone, I put it all back on again and more.
    Three years ago I tried a local group, again after two years and spending a fortune, plus very odd combinations of food (which on reflection was not sustainable) I started to increase in weight again. When I had gained back over a stone of my loss, I decided I had to deal with this.
    I bought The Fast Diet book, Fast Exercise book, and The Fast Diet cookbook, total outlay about £30. I have read and retread these books, and nearly always use the cookbook on fast days as the calories are worked out for you, very easy recipes, and haven’t looked back. I have lost weight where I have never lost it before, and just feel so much better in myself.
    My partner joined me on this quest in January and since then I have reduced by about 20 pounds, gone from size 16 to size 12, and inches have disappeared all over my body. I feel fitter at 67 than I have ever done. I just know this time I will be able to sustain my weight with ease, and really enjoy telling people about 5:2. I wish Dr M and his team were able to lobby the Government about this way of eating and stop the queues at NHS and help people to lead a better life. We can all hope! In the meantime, be proud of yourselves in sticking at it. Best wishes to you all. TTL

My loss for the week was 300 g or 10 1/2 ozs.

I have not been able to exercise with the bad weather we have had. We got some badly needed rain. Our last decent lot was 2 months ago. Being cold I got out some winter meals to eat. I don’t like salads in the cold weather. While there has been little change in the scales I have last over an inch around my waist. This area is finally reducing as this is where I am carrying most of the weight. This slow down is also giving my back muscles time to adjust to the where the weight now is.

Hello! I have a little work to do to get in the habit of logging on every day!!!!

Good luck to all, especially alexa5!!!

This week I didn’t lose but I did recover from the Halloween SNAFU. I’m going to do my best not to slip up this weekend. Next week will be a real opportunity for me as my husband is out of the country. I still have my daughter to feed but it should still be a little easier.

On the exercise front, I’ve done pretty well considering the rain here. I’m going to go do the plank challenge right now.

Hello,
    Checking in for week one. I have lost 7 pounds with 3 days of fasting. I feel great! Sleeping well and my aches and pains have disappeared. Cravings on my non fasting days are eliminated. Good luck to all!

Hello everyone. I have changed my weigh-in day to Fri to match you all. I am down 1.8 lb this week from a start last Sun of 170.2 to 168.4. My first fast day fizzled in the evening ‘Halloween left overs syndrome’…. but as I staunchly committed to 2 full days fasting, I fasted again Tues with success, and then my normal Thurs fast. It made a difference to commit to the two days, or I may have just sloughed the Monday off as an ‘oh well, I Tried!!!’ HA Not now. The T word is out of my vocabulary. My plan is to DO two full fasts, so if I blow one I must redo the next day.
    Coda /Rocky — all I can say is wow wow wow.
    Thirdtimelucky — thanks for the rebounder tips — I have one, haven’t used it much lately, but once the new girls can bounce easier :), I’ll try your plan!! I will not worry about hitting my head o the ceiling!!
    cheers all, and wishing you success. I am off to the lake this weekend, so will check your progress on Monday.

Morning all – Had a really focussed week thanks to AH – planned 3 fast days and did them (2 were back to back) and I am doing another one this Sunday. I have also been to the gym every day this week and been good on my non fast days too, no alcohol since last Saturday (might have a glass tonight) so was a little disappointed if I’m really honest to see a weight reduction of just one pound… but hey Santa – that’s for you as I really dont want it thank you! It’s funny how much of this is a mind game, as I know I am building muscle, I am fitting in to clothes that I haven’t worn for years and years, and I actually had to go and buy another pair of jeans this week to replace the new jeans I bought 5 weeks ago! so have dropped 2 sizes in just over a month (yet looking through my numbers I have only lost about 4 lbs in that time) I am now 70.5kgs (started mid July at 81.4)

I meant to tell you Action that I have planned 3 fast days per week til the 19th December (not sure how many that is in total?) Each week I consider any hiccup days – ie birthday lunches, meals out and plan how to balance them out on other days, it does make me feel so much more in control. I just need to be patient as I am so keen to get below 11 stone and it seems to be taking FOREVER!!!!! I can’t remember who it was in our group who mentioned the benefits to our health being just as important as our weight reduction, I feel very strongly about this as I have felt ill for since I can remember, with bloated stomach cramps every evening, lack of energy, aching bones etc etc, and I feel SOOOO much better now, I haven’t reached for an indigestion tablet once since starting (I used to munch my way through packet every couple of days as my indigestion was intolerable at night, putting my shoes on! breathing!)

So next week I have two big lunches out on Monday and Friday so my plan is to fast Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, but also be extremely good on my non fast day on Wednesday – sticking to 1000 cals. Gym planned for every day except Saturday. Will weigh back on Sunday if that’s ok Action? Good luck to everyone weighing in today, I love to think of all of us trying our best (oops we’re not supposed to try our we?) sorry DOING our best but accepting our trip ups as we are going to have them. Onwards and downwards friends xx

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply.