Little Voices – June Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – June Challenge

This topic contains 188 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Third time lucky 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 39 posts - 151 through 189 (of 189 total)

• Nothing to add to the Crisco Kid this week which isn’t surprising as I ate out three times this week and each time had a dessert after a very disappointing main course. One dessert was just a 2” square of complimentary bahklava, another was a piece of apple & raspberry pie with custard as part of a set 3-course menu. Finally I had a voucher for Friday lunch at a steak/fish restaurant and I only eat chicken breast. I eat lots of vegetables, but here in Cyprus you’re lucky if you get a salad garnish with the option of rice, chips or jacket potato. So I ended up with a chicken breast all by itself on a huge plate. I was very hungry by then and dessert was a choice of local fruit or chocolate lava cake with ice cream. Not had anything chocolate for several weeks and fruit makes me all bloated. Yes, it was very nice but my digestive system has got so used to not having chocolate I was amazed that the next day I was really craving something sweet and it took all my willpower today to stick to my Fast Day. I knew I hadn’t gained because I enter everything on a food tracker and I haven’t been over the TDEE on non-fast days.

1 June SW 128.6 CW 127.00 GW 125 lbs So, my total loss remains at 1.6 lbs

Shall probably do 4:3 next week to see if I can shift another 1 lb as I want the Crisco Kid to grow up quickly!

Not a good gardening day yesterday so took ourselves off for a ride. Ended up in the lovely fishing village of Pittenweem ( mum was born there so know it quite well). Super little coffee shop serving hand made chocolates (yum) but didn’t have any!! Ended up with a delicious hot chocolate and – a gluten free pancake with lemon and cinnamon. Feeling virtuous as it had no gluten, totally forgetting about the calories. Showing an increase of 2.5lbs on the scales this morning ! Help!! Must stop doing this. My taste buds just take over and rule my head. Will try and eat 1000 calls today to compensate, then FD tomorrow. Hopefully will rectify the situation.
    One good thing that came from the day, we discovered another fabulous farm shop in Elie. (Ardross Farm Shop) Bought a wonderful selection of home grown produce which I will conjure up a meal from today.
    Still cloudy and now raining in Dundee, so feel a stir crazy day coming on. Must find something to do!
    Have a great Sunday all, and happy fasting. This too shall pass!!!

Well I’m afraid Crisco is hanging around here and thwarting my plans (or is it me). Was invited to a charity strawberry tea yesterday, knowing this I actually skipped breakfast for the first time on a FD. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was and didn’t feel hungry all day. Had an early dinner (cod and salad) so I wouldn’t eat too much at night. Sitting at 320 calls for the day before the ‘good’stuff came along. I have never seen such an array of desserts. The table was groaning! Of course I just had to partake, to be sociable you know – proceeded to devour another 800 calls worth! Didn’t seem like much on the plate, and I actually felt sick afterwards. Then the bloating, runny nose etc etc kicked in. This is what carbs does for me! Anyway the result is I have gained 1 1/4lbs! So – I will now try to keep my daily allowance to 1000 cals to try and unload this rubbish. Still have a week till the end of June so will really work at getting down to 10 stone. Feel fed up with myself for gaining but know I did my little bit for Breast Cancer. Hope you other little voices are doing better than I am. Good luck all.

Hi all

put me down for another pound loss, can’t believe I managed a weekend off and a pound lost, seems walking does help! Two to go in just a week, that focuses the mind!!! Chins down and teeth gritted everyone, just a few more days – phew!!!

Down another 1/2 lb for a total of 3.5 so far in June. 1.5 to go in one week. Crossing my fingers.

Late for my report – I couldn’t find the thread. I don’t really know what to report. For well over a week my scale was pinned at 131.6. For a few days I had just accepted that for some reason my weight was staying incredibly stable but then I started getting suspicious. I moved the scale one tile over in the bathroom and now if my scale is to be believed not only did I not gain back 1.5 lbs, I actually have had a net loss in June of 3 lbs to date. I think I’m going to take the new numbers!

Definitely agree that location of the scales is important – I keep mine in one place as I have also noticed a variation if they are moved to another area! So pleased the Crisco Kid weighs an extra 1.5 lbs because of this discrepancy!

Managed to stay around 1000 calls yesterday. Still had a good meal at night and ate Qinoa for the first time. (Part of my no carb effort) quite enjoyed it. Made it similar to a tabbouleh salad and had poached salmon with it.
    Off to Pilates shortly and today is a FD. so have decided to have another go at nothing to eat till dinner. Only had hot lemon water to now and feel fine. Looking forward to tonight’s dinner Arbroath kippers! Full of vitamin D and omega 3, just what I need.
    Took a sneaky look on the scales this morning and am down to 10 St 2 lbs, so nearly back to where I was last week after a disasterous, delicious, strawberry tea.
    It’s so important for me to have a goal, so our June challenge is great, keeps me focused, and I feel we are all part of a team, encouraging each other and spurring us on. Great work all – lets boot Crisco out the door!

Good FD yesterday. No breakfast, no lunch, an hour of pilates and felt good. Kippers and quinoa salad for dinner, and just had to finish off the last little bit of pavlova! Hate wasting food! All in all ended up at 530 cals for the day . Shows as a loss of 3/4lb which after my strawberry tea feast I suppose is not too bad. That puts me at 10st 1 . 1/4 lbs still 1.1/4 lbs to target. Running out of days now, so will try to keep my cals down to 1000 for the next few days. Too much going on to try for another FD so not even going there! If ever the weather would improve I would be gardening, but with all this rain all I can do is watch the weeds grow. Just realised too that I haven’t used my rebounder for a few weeks – how could I forget that? I almost fall over it going into the spare room!!! One thing to note, a lady at Pilates remarked how much thinner I looked, and was I slimming? Told her about 5:2, she hadn’t heard of it. Will speak to her more next week, see if I can make another convert! Any more TV programmes coming up about 5:2 Dr M? You have to keep getting it out there. It would solve a lot of health problems for a lot of people. Onwards and downwards fellow fasters. The end of the month is nigh!

June Challenge and Overall Goal Weight achieved today

Tuesday 2 June Start Weight 128.6 lbs Goal Weight 125 lbs = 3.6 lb to lose

Friday 26 June Current Weight 125 lbs

Originally started on 27 April at 139 lbs so in just under 9 weeks following 5:2 and keeping within TDEE on other days I have lost a total of 14 lbs (6.36Kg)

Hopefully the Crisco Kid will be quite big on 1st July!!

Good morning everyone,

I just spent the last few minutes catching up on the posts for this week. Congratulations to everyone who lost weight. It seems the bodies are cooperating as the end of the month approaches.

I have been doing 4:3 since I started the fast diet in March, but for the past month, no weight was coming off. So, I started cutting down on my calories on the non-fast days as well. That just did not work for me. It was too hard for my body to recover after exercising. I also started to wonder if maybe I was starting to have some vitamin deficiencies from eating so little.

Anyway, this week I only fasted two days, started taking a few vitamin supplements, and ate my TDEE on non-fast days. (Actually, there was one day that I don’t even want to know how many calories I ate) I can report a loss of 1.5 pounds. I can finally contribute to the Crisco Kid. It’s not the three pounds I was hoping for this month but a loss is a loss.

I am looking forward to finding out how much our bouncing ball of blubber has grown this month.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Well at the moment I seem to have lost 6 lbs in June, that’s got to be a Crisco foot at least! Had hoped to repeat last month’s 9 lbs but see now that was greedy. Come to think of it, most of my problems come from being greedy…

Weigh in today, and giving Crisco a 1.6 lb. increase, a loss for me. I think I am already over my goal. Only 3.8 lbs away from a goal I never thought I’d reach!

Nice going, everyone! Crisco will be sliding his slimy fat butt out of June soon!

Wow, we are getting some good results here – my final weigh in for the June Challenge will be on Tuesday 30 June. Looking forward to finding out how much the Crisco Kid weighs.

3 times – On another thread, RT has posted a link to a great Ted Talks regarding 5:2 benefits, particularly neurological benefits. I will search back and post the link at some point soon.

Here is my contribution for June to the Crisco Kid

1 June Start Weight 128.6 lbs
    30 June Current Weight 123.6 lbs

Total lost = 5 lbs

I would also like to donate a few wrinkles on my upper arms too!

This is my contribution to blubber boy:
    Start weight 215
    End weight 208
    Loss 7lbs (yay!)

Kate Eve

Plough, we can donate wrinkles, too! Cool! I don’t have too many of those yet, built he can have that lumpy stuff from my thighs! Cellulite donation forthcoming!

Hello lovelies,

Sorry for the lack of participation, my back’s been bad the last couple of weeks 🙁

My total for June is 5lbs. Hope you are all doing ok x

Another successful FD yesterday. Didn’t eat anything till dinner at 6. Ended up with a headache though due to paint fumes. We were decorating yesterday and surprised how much staying power I had.

Anyway, didn’t quite hit my target, short by 3/4lb.

Start of June – 10 st4 lbs
    End of June – 10 St 3/4 lb.
    Total loss for June 3.1/4 lbs.
    But today is still the last day of June, will try to get rid of a bit more today.

Also lost
    1/2″ from neck
    Nothing from bust
    1″ from waist
    1″ from hips
    1″ from thighs
    I would love to give some cellulite to Crisco too!

Am happy with that and ready to do a July challenge UPAGUMTREE. If you are willing to keep us all in line again, pretty please.

The totals are looking good and well done everyone. Here’s to a skinny July.

Hello Healthy, it is now officially July. My goal for July …other than stick with the 5:2 program ( as closely as possible) was to keep a real log on my fitness pal of my food intake. I have to keep working at it this month as well.

Happy end of June all, I believe this challenge has kept me ‘in line’ at times when I would have been more likely to stray! Thank you. While I went up 1 during my time in Vancouver, it has slithered away along with 2 more since returning, so my total loss for the month is -5 to add to our communal blubber [1 short from goal of 6 but still very happy!]. I have lost 13 since starting May 5, and can fit into more and more of my closet. Yipee!!!
    Some of you will laugh at the irony of this news…..I had to make a big decision after seeing surgeon team: I had planned on a double mastectomy and then the easier quicker 3 hour implant reconstruction, but my incredibly skilled plastic surgeon said I am a great candidate for a diep flap [translate 12 hour surgery to recycle my belly fat north to new set of girls — this is apparently the gold standard if you are a candidate — not too heavy, otherwise healthy] …… so drumroll, I will be getting a ‘free’ tummy tuck later this summer and waking up with a natural looking pair. So now I am looking at my little belly in a whole new way!!
    Can’t wait to hear our grand June total when all results roll in!!!

Hi all

Phoebe – you have to take any silver linings you can get!!!!! I feel like singing ‘always look on the bright side of life- du do du do du do’! AND no puppies ears for you lass! Though that’s not even the worst thing in the world!

Well, in spite of putting on 3 lbs at the beginning of the month, a net 5 lbs loss to add to the lard mountain, that baby will be leaving home and getting his first mortgage at the rate he has been growing – well done everybody!

Congrats to everyone on here! What great results! I am down 5.5 pounds for June, so that should help pad the Crisco Kid a bit. My total loss since I started April 28 is 17.5 lbs. Couldn’t be happier.

Wow, everyone did so well this month! And phoebe, I am so happy for you, girl! And just a little bit more than envious!

Is there going to be a little voices july challenge? I found this too late!!

Hello my Little Voices Friends!

Here I come in at the last hour of June!! I am so sorry to have been out of touch for quite some time but I have had to deal with a very dear friend’s husband’s diagnosis of terminal cancer and then his death – all within 2 weeks!

You have all managed so well to boost the Crisco Kid’s size without my update of statistics. Well done all!

My meagre contribution for the month is a measly 2 pounds. Well short of my target of 4 pounds to get to my target weight of 9 stone. Still better a small loss than a gain! Also another positive is my Waist to Height Ratio has at last reached the healthy 0.5!

I am up for another challenge next month to try to get to 9 st by my birthday at the end of the month, but please!, somebody else lead as I feel I have let everyone down this month plus I will be away a lot – Scottish Open Golf in East Lothian next week then The Open in St Andrews the following week. Thirdtime or Fitnfast, you are both regular contributors – would either of you like to lead the July Challenge?

Up

Thank you, Up, for leading us away from temptation, and helping us build a big Crisco Kid! You are a leader bar none!

I absolutely vote for a July challenge, but don’t know about leading it! Third time, would you like to do the honors? I will be going on vacation in 3 weeks. If you do this month, I could do August.
    And super, super job everyone! I’m not sure how much disc I weighs, but he is no skinny dude, for sure!

Managed to survive on just 900 cals yesterday ( not a FD ). And it shows this morning on the scales, another 1/4lb gone. I’m going to grab that extra on my total for June as I need all the help I can get! So I have ended up with a loss of 3 1/2 lbs for June (1/2 lb short of target)

So sorry to hear of your friends loss UP. This bloody cancer seems to be taking over everywhere. We are going this afternoon to our friends funeral, also cancer, prostate. At least with our new way of eating, and excercise hopefully we can get rid of the threat of cancer and many other ailments. Come on, fellow fasters – we don’t want to be ill in later life, do we? Follow the program and keep well.

I am happy to do the July challenge if you to the August one Fit. Not sure what to do other than boosting morale, so UP if you can give me some pointers as to how you have done things we might as well stick to your system. You are much more organised than I would be but will do my best. Let me know how we can communicate out with the forum to get the stats.

Thanks, Third! Look forward to all the morale boosting you got! I will look for the July challenge thread..deciding on my goal now, with beach vacation only 2-1/2 weeks away!

Hi Thirdtime, I don’t think you need any pointers from me as you are a fantastic motivator yourself (and humorous too!). However, we can communicate outwith the forum through Applepie’s “Fast Friends” private group on Facebook. Just click on her profile to get her email address and request to join. She invited all in Little Voices to join in the past – and some joined. I joined about a month ago (even posted a “before” photo with the intention of posting an “after” photo once I get to target.) However, as in Little Voices, I have not contributed much recently, due to personal circumstances plus not a regular Facebook user, but hope to get back into it again soon – I promise Applepie! It is nice to put faces and names to the “voices”, but some prefer to stay anonymous and of course that’s okay. We could arrange to meet up on common ground (say St Andrews) to compare notes – plus any others on here who live in East Scotland and are also in Applepie’s group – ie Kate Eve and Milena!! What do you think ladies? Anyone up for a “fast” day out?

I am so glad you will lead the new monthly challenge Thirdtime – you will do a grand job. I have my starting weight, measurements and goal all ready to go once I see the new topic appear on the forum!!

Fit, that’s great that you can take over from Thirdtime for the August challenge! You too are so motivational and I love your “different” North American humour! Hope you have a great vacation this month and that you will be “beach fit”.

All Little Voices, hope to hear from you over on the new July Challenge topic and look forward to continuing sharing our journeys in this wol !

Keeeep Loooosing!!
    Up

This is great — thank you all for coordinating things! I’m looking forward to the July challenge.

Has anyone figured out how much the Crisco Kid ended up weighing?

Hi All, sorry I am late (I think I am about 6 hours behind most of you in time zone).
    My final total was 1.5 lbs lost.

Started at 132.2 pounds, dipped down to 128.9 at one exciting point, but now resting at
    130.6 lbs. I am in for the July challenge.

Upa, so sorry that you have been dealing with so much so quickly. Thank you for getting this rolling. FitnFast are you reading to crack the whip now :-).

Fast day out sounds fabulous – I’m in!

Hey everyone some great results from June. How fast did that month go?
    Well I am 3lb down. I aimed for 5lb but these last 2 weeks I’ve only managed one good fast a wk. Pleased that BMI now under 24.

I need to be more focused for July to be ready for my bros wedding.

Thanks for thread has been really helpful hearing how everyone is getting on and has kept the motivation up when I feel I am slipping.

Looking forward to July’s thread 🙂

Hi Up, yes count me in for a ‘fast’ day out. St Andrews would be great, or Perth might be easier for others inland. Doesn’t matter to me, would love to meet up with fellow fasters and compare notes.

Will have a go at hooking up with Applepie on Facebook, although I am not very facebook savvy, anyway, will give it a go.

Thanks again for all your hard work collating everything for the June Challenge.

Here’s to us all losing lots of pounds during July.

Hi Kate and Thirdtime, That’s fantastic you are both up for a “fast” day out! Look forward to making the arrangements in the “Fast Friends” group. Thirdtime, I too am not very savvy with Facebook so we are twins!! Give it a try as I did and you will hobble along like me!!

All other Little Voices you know where you all are geographically – see my post of 11 June in Little Voices June Challenge – so perhaps some of you would also like to set up a ‘fast’ day out too!!?

Just noticed the set up of July challenge Thirdtime, so speak to you all over there!

Good luck everybody!

Hi Up

sounds good, I’m a moveable feast (dear me, so many food expressions!). Anywhere is fine for me. If its over the Forth Bridge, happy to meet en route and share the ride.

This is for anyone who did the June challenge and wants to carry on.
    I have set up a new thread in Weight loss under Little Voices – July challenge.
    Go there to sign up and I’ll add you to the calculations.

For anyone new we give lots of support and have a bit of fun on the way.
    We are working on ‘LARDY LAD’ during July – so join us and let’s add to his weight and then boot him out the door!

Viewing 39 posts - 151 through 189 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply.