Little Voices – June Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – June Challenge

This topic contains 188 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Third time lucky 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 189 total)

• Down 1 pound for June — 13 pounds total. I’m off to Edmonton to visit grandgirls and friends this Thursday until next Wednesday: hoping that the June challenge will help to keep me on track. (I’m taking my computer so I should be able to report in next week, although I may have trouble finding a scale until I return to Toronto on Wednesday night.)

Just realized that I said I was down 2.5 last week, and down only 1 lb this week. I’m keeping track of my weight in two places — here and on FitBit — and I got confused as I didn’t weigh myself on June 1 on FitBit so I was counting back from a different date when I gave the two reports. The bottom line is though that no matter how you look at it, I still have four pounds to go before I turn into the next decade (specifically, when I hit the 160s for the first time in a long time), so I’m going to take the 1 lb measure and try to get rid of four more. The important thing is that I’m down 13 lbs all together no matter which way I measure it.

This thread is really interesting — I love that it has contributors from all over the world and we’re all on the same journey. Congratulations to everyone!

Let’s see ….

1) I type my emoticons as well and they appear as the picture.

2) I finally checked out My Fitness Pal. I’ve heard many people mention it on this site. The food tracking is great! Much better than the tracker for the Fitbit. And… I can link it to my Fitbit. I am a convert!

3) I have finally given in and started counting calories on NF days. My new plan is to not go over 1100 calories on the NF days. This way I will be guaranteed my one pound of weight loss per week. I really want to help create The Crisco Kid. I will feel so proud! 😀

VirginiaEdie — thank you so much for that tip! I’ve just connected MyFitnessPal to my FitBit.

Aren’t we all proud mamas of that chubby Crisco kid?! Woohoo!

Wish we could all get together for a baby shower/party!

Sounds like some great collective results adding up.

my half pound on yday was back off this morning 🙂 odd as I went out for a birthday meal last night and treated myself to pudding!

On a fast day today and so far so good…. I got a fuller for longer salad from marks and Spencer at 371, really tasty and filling (quinoa, beans, feta, pomegranate) felt like a treat. Not long until bedtime now!

Hey @jwinniepig my dad is v close to nailsworth! He walks his dog on rodborough or Selsley common everyday. Where abouts are you?

Good luck everyone. Wishing an iron willpower and cravings for greens and berries for us all 😉

I am contributing 1 pound of flubber dissolved from my muffin top — it’s now more of a ‘fairy cake’ for you Brits out there! While hoping for 2, I will take it ….as it was quite a social week. 5 more to go…… Aiming for 2 this week, as the following Thurs I go to Vancouver for a few days and am not expecting great losses there – just maintaining will be my goal, and then come home for a final push to the finish line. Congrats to all who lost and also to those who keep on keeping on. Exciting MaryW to be looking towards the psychedelic 60s. I am 5 lb and a pinch away from that decade too!
    Good luck with week 2 everyone!

Hi upagumtree

Sorry to be so late, but just got back in harness yesterday. Good start, two fast days in a row. happy to report a pound loss.

Well done team, our blubber baby is on it’s way out the door. For those who didn’t see the scale move the right direction this week, I am sure next week will be better. Enjoy the vacay socr8v, have to confess I am very jealous!

Well, considering my insides are still apparently in revolt it looks like I will try another complete fast today. After Monday’s 100% no food I didn’t eat until lunch time yesterday, stupidly thinking I was better. Big fat nope! So this morning still feeling pretty rubbish, I then dropped my iPad on my foot, which wouldn’t be so bad except my feet were bare and it landed corner first (and it’s in a protective rubber case that makes it heavier), so now I’m feeling double sorry for myself 🙁
    Oh well, at least it will be an easy fast day again!

Hope you all are having a better week than me 😉

Well, even though I vowed for 1100 calories on non-fast days, I came in at 1400 yesterday. It is still a few hundred under my TDEE, but the cookie I ate had more calories than expected. Also, the sausage my husband cooked for dinner was quite salty so I am on the bloated side this morning.

Today is a fast day so I hope that will cleanse the salt from my system. Tomorrow is another chance to try for that 1100 cal NF day.

I have to say, I am really liking My Fitness Pal. It’s food database is very thorough and easy to use. It is making tracking my non-fast day calories less of a chore.

I hope everyone’s day is going well.

Hello Kitsix,

I hope your insides are on the mend. Whenever I have a stomach bug I figure I had better get at least some weight loss from all that suffering. I hope your suffering has been “productive” … in the weight loss department, of course. 🙂

Hehe, thanks VirginiaEdie!

I’m hoping that will at least be the silver lining 😉

hi again, I read about an inspirational visual last eve:
    every 5 lb of body fat = volume of 1 football [the American pointy ended kind]

Get well soon kitsix and ease back into food with something lite and gentle

Remind me never to try and explain Archemides Principle to my 11 year old when I’m on a fast day….. If ever there was a time I needed a treat!!! Hope you’ve all had a good day, enjoying wonderful sunshine in central Scotland just now. 🙂

Great weather in Scotland today. Had planned on doing some gardening, but OH had a better idea, so we went to Crail and ate fresh from the sea dressed crab sitting outside in the sun. Had hoped to pick up a fresh from the sea lobster but the place was closed Still half day closing in the small east Coast fishing villages. Home to poached salmon and asparagus with a nice but naughty hollandaise sauce. Still ended up slightly less than my 1200 allowance so just polishing my halo before I go to bed!
    Fast day tomorrow, and will have peppered mackerel warm salad for dinner (must get in my Vit D and omega 3) plus we now enjoy fish more than meat. We are lucky enough to get fresh fish delivered to the door from the boats at Arbroath.
    Pilates in the morning then back to plan A and sort the garden out while the sun shines.
    Hope you’re feeling better kitsix, sometimes a good probiotic does the trick for me.
    Virginiaedie – I also like my fitness pal for counting calories. It’s become a habit for me now and just takes a minute to update through the day. I also try to stay with the 1200 cal allowance they recommend, which is 350 less than 5:2. Seem to manage that without too many problems,but if I go over, I’m still under my 5:2 allowance ,so my halo still shines! Still trying to play with emoticons, so hope this doesn’t disappear! 🙂

Had a great fast day yesterday and my nonfast day has gotten off to a good start. I am trying again for that 1100 calorie nonfast day. This time, no big cookie!

Drum Roll !!! … after 14 results posted we have a collective loss for the first week of June of … 12.3 pounds!! We are missing a few results along the line, but hey this is a good result for Week 1 !! … Not quite enough to give the ‘Blob’ a name … But almost. So, the blob of 12.3 pounds is hereby named The Crisco. Here’s to adding to its name next week!

Here’s the updated list of all signed up for Little Voices June Challenge: – Hoping those of you with a ? next to your name will get back to us soon!

Upagumtree (Edinburgh, Scotland) : 4 pounds
    Baboo (Loch Lomond, Scotland) : 6 pounds
    Fitnfast (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) : 6 pounds
    Kate Eve (Scotland) : 9 pounds
    Kitsix (W Sussex, UK) : 4 pounds
    Applepie (Costa Blanca, Spain) : 4 pounds
    Socr8v (Ontario, Canada) : 4 pounds
    Dragonfly (England) : 8 pounds
    Bluezoo (Cotswolds, UK) : 5 pounds
    Blacksharp1 (?) : 7 pounds
    Vikan (Norway) : 2.1 kg (5 pounds)
    Saggysuz (?) : 4 pounds
    Phoebe on the Lake ( British Columbia, Canada) : 6 pounds
    Tennismom (?) : 5 pounds
    Virginiaedie (Virginia, US) : 3 pounds
    Beldyboop (E Sussex, UK) : 4 pounds
    ThirdTimeLucky (Dundee, Scotland) : 4 pounds
    Galexinda (Cyprus) : 3.5 pounds
    Babs-B (England) : 4 pounds
    Marywwriter (Canada) : 5 pounds
    DJ757575 (Montreal, Canada) : 4 pounds
    Milena (Edinburgh, Scotland) : 5 pounds
    Jwinniepig (?) : 5 pounds

Re emotes, sorry to be pedantic Kitsix and Virginia but how do I type them? have tried colon, bracket but just doesn’t work for me!

Good work team! Keep it up!!

Up

Morning All, I’ll add another pound to the Crisco Kid! Well done for all your great efforts.
    Just spent 10 minutes of peace and quiet walking round the garden in the morning sunshine with my coffee, definitely one of my favourite things to do. Built a pond at Easter and it’s amazing how many little birds come and visit it, and one big fat pigeon who just sits in the water cooling off.
    Have a great weekend everyone and I hope you all find 10 minutes peace and quiet too 😀

Strange day yesterday. Thought I was eating well ( or not) but somehow went way over on my cals. Stayed the same for this week so apologies I can’t help boot the Crisco Kid out the door. 10 St 3 lbs
    Went to Pilates yesterday and then came home and worked in the garden for four hours, but this didn’t seem to move the scales either! Hope I’m not on that dreaded plateau !
    Will try to reduce my calories daily to 1000 to keep the downhill trend. Hopefully will add to your efforts next week. CAN DO BETTER, same old story for me! Have a great weekend everyone. WE CAN DO THIS,

Good morning, all, or evening, as the case may be!

Weighing in today, and will weigh again tomorrow, just because one day always seems to include water weight!

Happy to report 1 lb down this week. Very happy because I began a test of sorts.

I ate the last 5 days as meat and fats only. After reading about its success many decades ago in Gary Taubes book, I just had to try! So, no carbs at all, except what is naturally occurring in the meat, plus that in the one apple I ate.I ate steak, chicken and pork chops, all FRIED, first in vegetable oil because that is all I had, but bought olive oil last night.

I did slip Tuesday. Pizza party at work so I ate 3 big slices. And Wednesday, I ate a full size chocolate peanut butter candy bar.

I did not count calories at all just ate until full. Oh and hardboiled eggs or deviled eggs were a staple also.

I did the 16:8 fasting every day, and no 5:2 or 4:3. I only did one half hour of exercise plus 10 minutes of weights. Mostly because I had to work a lot of extra hours this week and was pretty tired when I got home on the 11 hour days.

So I think I will do another week of that routine! But using the olive oil, hopefully no pizza or chocolate!

Another positive for me is that I had NO CRAVINGS AT ALL for any of the stuff I used to! None whatsoever. I really liked that!

So onward and upward, Crisco! And backward and downward for our waistlines!

My weigh day is Saturday so my results for Week 2 on the June Challenge are as follows

1 June SW 139 CW 128.6 GW 125 lbs June Challenge starts today
    6 June SW 139 CW 127.4 GW 125 lbs Week 1 lost 1.2 lb
    13June SW 139 CW 127.0 GW 125 lbs Week 2 lost 0.4 lb Total Lost 1.6 lb

So I have lost 0.4 lbs this week – had a huge slice of mars bar cheesecake on Tuesday and home made scone with all the trimmings yesterday and today I even bought some chocolate for MOH with no desire to eat it (that’s definitely a RESULT as I usually can’t resist anything chocolate). Also pleased with myself as for the first time in over 20 years I have made a pretty summer dress – just been using the sewing machine for repair jobs and taking up trousers. I am basically just cutting down on calories overall but following the 5:2 pattern.

Looking forward to my team mates results to help the Crisco Kid keep growing.

Way to go, Galexinda!

I calculated wrong on mine- I have only been doing this high protein/fat program for 4 days. I will weigh again on Tuesdau morning, just to see what diference, if any, from the 4:3 I was doing.

Hi i would like to join. I want to get to 130lbs but currently at 151lbs. Ive been fasting using a combo of fasting days and ive lost just over 14lbs. I just want to lose as much as i can by the end of june.

Galexinda, I envy you be able to sew, my sewing machine is my stapler :-). Sounds like like the Crisco Kid is starting to grow up. I am getting a little worried about weigh-in on Monday – Thursday I was doing a massive happy dance because I was well down below 130lb (129.2). Today I couldnt resist and checked and I am 131.4. I have the attention span of a gnat so I dont remember who said they were going to do 2 weigh ins, but I may do the same – its got to be water weight, right (fingers crossed and whistling).

I do 2 weigh in’ s. There is so much fluctuation in our bodies. Weigh twice, Crisco will take the better of the 2!

Another two pounds off for me, which makes four in total for June, so far (!) I feel those birth pangs a -coming, Crisco Kid! I keep re-running the birth scene from Gone With The Wind in my head. Although the remake Gone IN the Wind is a bit more like it. Kate Eve xx

Good morning/afternoon everyone,

Congratulations to all of you who are adding to our growing baby ball of blubber. I wish I could say the same. I am coming to the end of my monthly cycle so maybe I will have something to add to the Crisco Kid towards the end of this week.
    Kate Eve, I haven’t seen Gone With the Wind since I was a child. I’ve been wanting to show it to my children. Now, I’ll have to watch it just to see what is going on in that birth scene. My memory is sketching, but I don’t recall Scarlett giving birth to a blubber ball.
    Today is a fast day, but it is one of those days where I started off hungry. It will be a tough one, but I can make it!!!! 🙂

“imogee U+1F600”

Sorry about that past post. I was trying to figure out some more variety in my emojis besides a smiley face but obviously it was a failure. 🙁

Okay, I can do a frowny face, too.

I’m with you @virginiaEdie, no weight loss to report. Frustrating as I see the scales dip during wk but think I undo it all over wknd 🙁 I need to get on it and stop thw sugar on non- fast days.

I was looking into low carb high fat but it seems as a vegetarian it would be too limiting.

So motivational mindset is needed this wk before I inhale a box of chocolates (again).

Good luck everyone xx

Sorry to report a 2lb gain! at this weeks weigh in, it was the morning after a particularly fabulous Indian the night before, which was WESC (worth every single calorie)

Bluezoo and anyone else wanting to stop the sugar,just watch the film “Fed Up” that will do the trick.

Many of us are already on Facebook, sharing photos/ tips etc. If you want to join us just click on my name to see my profile. We are a small friendly group of like minded fasters.

Must admit that I started 5:2 on a Monday but after looking at my eating pattern (we usually have a brunch and a substantial evening meal on a Sunday) decided to make my weigh day either on a Friday or Saturday depending on if I did a Fast Day on a Thursday or Friday.

Delighted and surprised to add 1 1/4 lbs to the Crisco Kid. Ate wheat again this week and felt bloated, but it seems to have disappeared now. When will I learn that I have a wheat allergy and how it affects me. It’s quite strange how I can get a certain feeling and think hell, yes, I had wheat an hour ago! Am trying hard to eliminate carbs from my diet since finding out I have ‘leaky gut syndrome’, and I downloaded a list of foods to avoid. At first I thought I might as well shoot myself, but basically they are all the things that tie in with 5:2 recommendations and recipes. Just occasionally I am determined to treat myself but suffer afterwards. Duh!
    So, starting week three of June I now weigh 10st 1 3/4 lbs. Crisco, get your coat on, you are soon out that door!!! 🙂

Hi

A pound for me. This week might be harder, began fast day yesterday with a piece of lemon drizzle cake and a latte. Duh, I think I was on autopilot. Just had stirred fry veggies for tea, but it just wasn’t recoverable so fasting today. Three days in Copenhagen this weekend, so I think fasting for three days, otherwise not a hope of a loss next week!!!!!

Very quick check in to report that I have gained .5lbs, grrrr. My own fault, I have been slacking off on the no alcohol pledge – too much going on in the city at the moment. This week will be better. I am determined!!

Good morning all, I had a great result this week: down 2 🙂 whoop whoop.
    Reading some comments above, I think the rest of the week does play a significant role, as I tried to be within TD approx [I don’t count calories, just more mindful with more veg and fewer carbs… tho do still drink….. but less]. And I have edged into top of 27 bmi range 🙂
    Leaving for Vancouver Thursday, not back til next Wed, so just put me down for a zero next week. My goal for the week will be just to maintain, as lots of social reconnects. and meet surgeon team to make a plan…… this may bring on a bit of stress eating……. Will get back on track when I return. Cheers all and annihilate another blob of fat!

Morning All, from a dreich central Scotland (where has the sunshine gone??)
    On my 2nd fast day of the week today, wasn’t expecting any miracles this week as had another kids birthday party over the weekend….I am truly done with baking for the year now!
    Woke up feeling ‘lighter’ if that makes sense so thought I’d have a quick weigh in and happy to report another pound has gone.
    I normally weigh myself the morning after my 2nd fast day so we will see what tomorrow brings.
    Getting ready for a week away on the beautiful Moray Coast in the north of Scotland next week, the beaches are amazing, hopefully it will be warm enough for a paddle in the sea!
    Have a great day everyone 😀

Quick update, scales hovering just over the 11stone mark so have nearly lost my target 6lbs for this month!! Feeling happy this morning 🙂 joining this group has definitely focused me more …. Thank you everyone!

wow, Baboo – bet someone is chuffed!!!!

More surprised Milena considering all the birthday cakes I’ve had to bake (eat!!) 😀

Morning lovelies, how are we all doing? 🙂

Wow some great results. Well done Baboo 6lb alreadythis mmonth that baby crisco is inheriting some of your genes and no doubt larger jeans, ahem!!

Thanks Applepie for fedup suggestion I will try to watch this wknd. Watched a good one I think called everything change which was full of good uplifting info. John Gabriel was on it and his story was inspiring. I have ordered his bk. His method is looking to tackle emotional eating and meditations around positive visualisations. I will let you know what it’s like.

So I am currently weighing 2lb down today but I am eager to see it is still off on monday…hmmm.

@kitsix how are you feeling now?

@bluezoo I’m much better thanks,tummy bug all gone, and actually seeing an awesome side effect from doing 5:2 (well, I have to assume this is the reason!). Since starting again my IBS symptoms have all disappeared… no matter what I eat, not a single symptom. I did a little searching and found a thread on here that says this has happened for a LOT of people. I can only assume that the rest your guts get from the breaks from eating are really beneficial for your digestion etc. Anyhoo, whatever the reason this has REALLY cheered me up 🙂
    I seem to have not been getting notifications from this thread so I’m sorry I’m a bit behind, this will give me something to read over lunch though 😉
    Happy Thursday lovely FD people 🙂

Good morning/afternoon,

Well, still on my plateau despite really watching calories on nonfast days. I have decided not to stress and just weigh myself at the end of the month for the grand announcement (plus or minus).

I am going to try to cut out more carbs, though, I’ve been eating healthy and keeping NF day calories to 1200 but my abdominal region is looking puffy. So, I’m going to be more paleo and see if that helps.

I also decided to do only two fast days this week. I did a very strenuous workout Monday that left me ridiculously sore. My muscles just weren’t recovering so I figured three fast days this week was asking too much of my tired body. I skipped my usual Wed fast and fasting today instead. Breakfast was a half cup of strawberries and one egg, about 100 calories. That leaves plenty of room for meat and veggies tonight.

I hope everyone is having a great day so far and kudos to those helping our baby Crisco grow!

I went “paleo”, I guess you call it, 10 days ago. My body must be so carb sensitive that I can’t eat hardly any carbs, even veggies, and it will pile it on!
    I had been reading Gary Laudes’s book “Good Calories, Bad Calories”, and there are a few instances of meat-only diets (considering most meats contain protein, fat and some have a few carbs).

Then, I got a book yesterday called “The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle”, and guess what, it is the same plan! The only carbs I get are from the meat, and one apple a day. I do have a “free day” still, for mental health! My tummy is disappearing. Can’t wait for the official weigh in on Saturday. (Last week, I did an oops and ate pizza one day..but for a good reason!)

It definitely works for me. Your body needs fats and protein, but not carbs.

Whoop, whoop, down another 3/4 to 10 st 1 lb which leaves me 11 days to unload the last pound to get to June target. I can do this!!! Had a mixed FD yesterday. Tried a new wheat free granola for breakfast then discovered how many calories were in it !? Ouch, bad start to the day. Pilates was hard – we’re getting more advanced with it now – I def need to unload more weight to feel comfy doing it. Dreich afternoon but went stir crazy in the house, so took myself off for an hours brisk walk. Felt much better. Large salad and a little poached salmon for dinner and slept much better last night.
    Have cut a lot of carbs from my diet, and now take full fat milk, yogurt, cream etc, not a lot of it though. Gradually changing my food over to LCHF as recommended by the Kinesiologist I went to see in Africa. I do feel better, no more bloating, silent reflux, thick head. So something is working. She recommended a book called THE REAL MEAL REVOLUTION by Tim Noakes. LCHF. have ordered it but not available till end July. It’s also known as Banting. Anyone else heard of it? It’s South African and seems to be taking the country by storm! Can’t wait to get the book. She also fasts and highly recommends it.
    Well with a bit of Lucy and careful eating, I should be in the 9’s by beginning July. Do hope you are willing to carry on with your calculations UP – you are doing a great job. Glad you are feeling better Kitsix, and an incredible result already Bluezoo, seems like you will be down half a stone by end June. Well done!
    Off out on a jaunt today, don’t know where we’ll end up, but I will be eating sensibly! Have a great day fellow fasters, and watch out Crisco, we’re out to get you!

That should read ‘a bit of luck’. Lucy?. Who’s Lucy???

I will post more later — gotta catch a subway — but I wanted to share my relief that I didn’t gain weight while I was away in Edmonton visiting family there, and am now down 3 pounds for June. Two to go. 🙂 !!! (Total loss is 15 lbs since the end of April, which is a real landmark.) Onwards.

Weigh in day for me!

After waking up from a nightmare that I stepped on the scale and it was back to what it was before IF, I weighed in and am down 3.2 this week! I haven’t seen that number since I can’t even remember!

To record this and to remind me what to do if I lose my way, I stuck to a strict 16:8, and as close to a ketogenic diet as I could. Cut out ALL carbs except those in meat and bit of cheese, Apple, etc. No fruit except apple. No veggies, which I hate anyways! Just protein and fats.

Worked out hiit 30 minutes then weights right after, twice a week.

I think my body is so carb sensitive that I just cannot tolerate them.

Crisco kid is getting pretty big from all our losses! Everyone is doing so good this month!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply.