Little Voices – July challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – July challenge

This topic contains 290 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  Coda 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 291 total)

• Hi RubyLily reporting in. I have had a reduction of 2lbs since start of July.

Happy to have gotten back on track and still aiming to get the 4lbs off by end of July (even with 50th birthday in Sweden). Sticking to 3/4 which I’m coping with surprisingly well. OH not so impressed but he has lost a stone in 8 weeks!
    Good luck everyone nearly at 1/2 way point. Will weigh in again soon.

Good morning all from a cloudy dreich Dundee. Looks like the open championships will be tested today with rain and wind. It’s supposed to be bright and sunny today, but yet again the forecasters have got this neck of the woods wrong!
    Anyway – managed to gain 1/4lb after yesterdays fast. Not too worried as I had gained 2lbs over the weekend, and I know that my next fast day is Thursday, I will go back down again. It’s the four days of ‘normal’ eating between fasts that add up for me. But then that is understandable, whereas before I used to let it get me down, I know that it will come off and more next fast day.
    Hope you have all had a successful week and starting a new one with new resolve.
    Fitnfast – well done avoiding the chocolate cake! Just proves we can do it if we try hard! You are doing great and your goal is in sight – you can get to 150. just keep avoiding the sweet stuff. So sorry to hear of your foot problems – maybe some gentler exercise, pilates or yoga will keep you toned while you wait for it to heal. Good luck with it.
    Well done again Action Hero – another 5 lbs gone – you are definitely heading
    up the challenge at the moment.
    Pinkdodo – headaches don’t help the cause do they? Keep the fluids going even though you pee a lot – look at it that your system is getting a good flushing out, taking with it all the bugs and toxins that have built up over the years. Can only do you good. Taking a salty drink like an Oxo cube or Miso soup helps.
    Lolo – well done shedding 1.3 kg. it’s great when the numbers go down on the scales.
    Femme – 1.8 lbs gone- It works if you work at it! Well done!
    Rubylily – great another 2lbs to heap on Lardy Lad. Well done to your OH too – a stone in 8 weeks is impressive.
    Well I’m meeting Kate Eve, and Upagumtree for lunch today – it’s great to catch up with people, we seem to have got to know each other well after all these postings, so nice to add a face. Just had an apple and Yogurt for brekkie this morning as I want to have some calories spare for lunch.
    Have a great week everyone, onwards and downwards! and keep warm!

Hi All. I am a quite late posting, but just back from my mini-vacation in Quebec City. I weighed in this morning and to my stunned amazement I am down 2.6 lbs. So total weight loss this month is 4.1 lbs, but 1.5 of that was weight I had added the last week of June.

If I look back, maybe this loss isn’t so surprising. I ate and drank with abandon (it is Quebec City after all) but only for 2 meals a day – breakfast and dinner.

I think the biggest key was all the walking and stair climbing I did. Just a short drive out of the city there are the Montmorency Falls and the Canyon Saint Anne – areas of breath-taking natural beauty and many, many, many stairs to get from the top down to the basin at both sites. With no word of exaggeration, between the stairs at both sites and multiple trips up and down stairs between the lower and upper old city, I must have climbed up at least 1,000 steps on Friday.

Bluezoo I also envy your sax playing. I saw more incredible music the 3 days that I was in Quebec City, but this was a more general music festival (with huge names, the Stones are playing this coming Wed ). Although several artists had horn sections, they usually were just trumpets.

Now it’s nose back to the grindstone today (ugh). For the rest of the month I am joining AH and Milena in the pledge. AH, I may yet have a great picture of a chocolate fish to print out and proudly display on my fridge!

Have a great day all, and strength and resolve to everyone fasting. I haven’t decided if I will fast today or tomorrow, I will see what the day brings.

good Tuesday morning everyone,
    Congrats on all your ‘reductions’, discovering strength when challenged, and even being honest when temptation temporarily trumped!
    Well I weighed this morning: down 2 for this week, yippee, which overall makes me down 1 for July [since I went up 1 last week]. Back on track after some stress eating. Take That Lardo!
    Most thrillingly, I have reached my first big milestone: One Stone since early May… and my clothes are looser, I can access more items in my closet…. in fact, I am feeling quite fabulous, and for some reason people are spontaneously telling me how beautiful I look. 🙂
    2 more pounds to goal this month feels achievable, and one more stone eventually. With upcoming surgery later in August, I am happily taking the tortoise, rather than the hare, approach! I know I am not in competition for the big prize, but it’s fun to admire and support from afar.
    Have a great week.

Hi TTL, so overall weight loss for the week was 2 lbs. so STILL not into the 9+ stone range, but I’ll get there this week I know. I was eating clean all week, nothing bad, but my body is so resistant to weight loss. I have to change it up every week to keep loosing, keeps it interesting. ~ Diz

Hi Diz, good weight reduction for you this week, well done, keep up the great progress.

Did you read my post of a few days ago, it could just help someone like you who has a mindset that “my body is so resistant to weight loss”. Maybe it’s not totally your body and maybe it’s also ingrained in your mind that “I am resistant to weight loss”. Try and get rid of those “weight loss” thoughts like I explained and see what the little voice in your mind starts to tell you after you stop telling yourself those negative thoughts about “losing weight and weight loss”

After all, this Group is called The Little Voices, start feeding your little voice and watch the results. Hope this helps. Take care and keep up the great work. Mike

Hi Mike, I have just read the post you mentioned re our little voices and found it very interesting. I will now use “reduce” instead of “lose”. Lets have another good day on our way to goal.

Hi all. Not been feeling well the last few days. I’m still sticking to the fast days going a bit over on cals as I’m drinking lots of cranberry juice. Mike I’ve also been finding your posts interesting. I’m thinking of it as gaining lightness back for my body. I’m on my 6th week and so far I’ve become 5kg lighter and I’m on track for another kg this week shifting to Lardy Lad. Getting close to 1 stone lighter for those of you measuring in St and lbs. I’m in this for the long haul as I have 50+kg to go to achieve my target lightness.
    I’m already feeling the difference. Now trying to imagine how much better and lighter I’ll feel in a years time and then in 2 years.
    Just enjoyed a lovely tuna salad. I do love my fast day lunches! Had it on a plate as I’m at home and it’s a beautiful full plate of food.
    Thank you all as I find your posts very motivating, especially on fast days.
    TTL. My misfit shine is a fitness tracker (glorified pedometer) and is not seeing much action this week so far. Will be back increasing that fitness level when I’m feeling better!
    Hugs to all. Ruthy

Dizzy wigs. Forgot to say – you’re 2lb lighter this week. That’s amazing. Hope I can still lose 2lbs in a week when I’m nearing target.

Dear Stomach,
    You are bored
    Not hungry,
    So shut up….

(I feel better now !!!)

Hi all

So many new names on the July challenge! i hope everyone’s well! I am very late to the party – but I am back! I’ve had a few weeks off 5:2 and feel worse for it (although not so hungry!). It’s been a busy month so far – i’ve been away on an intensive week of studying and I have also got engaged to my partner of nearly 10 years!

Sooooooo today is my first FD in what feels like forever! Eeeek!

I’m not going to set a challenge for myself for the rest of July where I just need to get used to it all again, but if it’s ok, I’ll love to just have a natter and get myself back in the fold of fasting!! I now have a wedding to slim down for! 🙂

Had a great time meeting up with Upagumtree and Kate Eve on Tuesday for lunch.
    It’s amazing how much we had in common within and without the ‘diet’ realm! I have managed to stay well under 1000 calories for the day pretty much all this week, and I am now back down to 9st 12lbs which is where I was after fast day on Monday. So today is FD and tomorrow am hoping to see another reduction. It works – if you eat less your weight will reduce! The thing is I don’t feel hungry either, and often can’t finish what’s on my dinner plate. My stomach has definitely shrunk, and I can avoid the ‘wrong’ stuff without too much pain. I’m on the way to target for the end of July.
    I was at my Aquafit class yesterday having missed two weeks, and guess what – my cossie is too big! I have to be very careful I didn’t bounce out of it on occasion – that would clear the pool! Better get another one for the next
    class!
    No breakfast or lunch for me today – just had lemon water so far. Then salmon salad for dinner tonight. I have a feeling we will be in front of the TV all day today at the Open in St Andrews. Weather not too good, but at least it’s dry.
    DJ -0 Welcome back from Quebec, sounds like you had a great time. Well done on your 2.6lb reduction! Not many people go on holiday and come back lighter, so am suitably impressed!
    Phoebe – Well done too – another pound handed over to Lardy! It makes you feel 10ft tall when people comment on how you look, doesn’t it. Bask in it girl!
    Dizzy – Un loading 2lbs onto Lardy is great – I have taken on board what Action Hero suggested, and I actually feel different about this journey we’re on – as he says – it’s about training your brain to think differently.
    Action – Thanks for all your information – I am currently working on affirmations in another area of my life, and your comments make a lot of sense!
    RuthyH – do hope you are feeling better now. I too am nearly at a 1 stone milestone – what a great effort – and it gives you such a buzz to get back into clothes you haven’t worn for some time. I have a pedometer from years ago, but don’t use it – perhaps I should sweep the dust off it and try it again.
    Babs-b Hey, lovely to have you back again. This thread has now reached the 29 participants mark – Phew! If I don’t reach you all it’s because I would never leave the computer, my ramblings would go on far too long. But I am thinking of you all and sending out positive vibes in cyber space! Fitnfast will be taking over the August leg of the challenge – so lets build up Lardy Lad to some massive apparition and boot him out the door for good!
    Have a great day everyone – and remember, it’s only food!

Babs-b forgot to add my congratulations on your engagement. My partner and I got engaged too when we on holiday in Cape Town, on a beautiful sunny day in the Kirstenbosch Gardens. Magic. After 15 years, not bad for two old wrinklys!

Eloped. Went on a honeymoon. Ate very well. Result: up 1 from my July starting weight. Back home. Back on track. And July’s only half over, right?

P.S. Congrats to the brides-to-be, Babs and Third Time Lucky. Arnie and I skipped the engagement part but got to the same goal. 🙂 It’s our third time each so we’ve heard the term “Third Time Lucky” a few times this week. Very very happy.

Congratulations MaryWwriter and Arnie – wish you both a long and happy life together. eloping eh! Never thought of that one! Hum!

Fasted yesterday and down another pound (in spite of our long lunch, TTL and Up!) Thrilled to see some downwards movement again.
    MaryW, congratulations! I married my long term partner of 15 years last year – I didn’t really think it would make any difference but in a funny sort of way it has, good decision after what he calls our ‘whirlwind romance’…anyway, wishing you every happiness – you too, Babs and TTL. This thread is becoming like ‘Take me Out’ or whatever that programme is called. Must be because we’re all fasting our way to being irresistible.

Thought For The Day:

Need a little motivation to reduce weight

Just eat in front of the Mirror…..NAKED

Don’t know what would crack first Mike, the mirror or me!

Just had to post my congratulations to all the new brides and brides-to-be! Wishing you all the happiness in the world. Is there something catching about this thread.

hahaha thanks Action Hero, i might need to try that next time!!!

Yesterday I went out with my two close friends for a long breakfast/lunch….we kinda went cafe hopping and after brekky I was absolutely stuffed…so when we went to the second cafe I had a green tea for lunch, while my friends had pizza and later in the afternoon I had a pear and a banana so I can definitely tell that after 4 fast days my stomach is getting smaller because usually i would take advantage of eating out!! So i was quite happy that I didn’t think ‘ok it’s lunch time so i better eat’, i genuinely wasn’t hungry and decided that i would eat when i was hungry.

I am hoping and praying that I can bring that same attitude into the weekend with me!!! although i will try to do a third fast day tomorrow to help keep me on track

Hello all, I had a successful fast day yesterday. I was off work and still coped, I kept my hands busy by knitting all day and that passed the time without me nibbling. This week I have another 1lb to hand over to lardy lad. That’s 12lb in total, 2lb in July, currently 11St 10.5lbs (164.5).
    Congratulations to all these women, maybe it will rub off on me!! Xxx

Good morning all from dreary Dundee!! We live half way up a big hill and are well under cloud as I speak. So even if the sun comes out, we probably won’t get the benefit for a while. watching golf on TV and whilst wet, their weather is better than ours. Only 15 miles away but such a difference.
    After a good fast yesterday I am down 1/2 pound for the week. Was hoping for a pound, but hey, at least it’s in the right direction. Am happy to hand that over to Lardy, never to return! Delighted to say I am wearing a jumper today that I haven’t had on for a while. The arms and bust were too tight – but now it is comfortable. (Jumpers in July – what is going on here!)

Well done Lolo – that’s a milestone when you know you don’t have to eat because the clock says so. This WOE is as much about listening to your body as much as what you put in your mouth.

Well done Pinkdodo – thank you for the pound for Lardy – he is getting bigger by the day.

Action Hero – got any more profound advice for us ladies – we really need some
    direction to catch up with you. Can I ask – do you eat in front of the mirror naked? Is that why you are losing so much? Only joking!!!

Have a great day everyone – back to the golf. No snacks! No wine! Maybe open a bottle if my favourite wins on Sunday.

Hi all. Weigh in day. 1.3kg (2.5lbs) lighter which makes it a total of 2.4kg (5lbs) lighter for July. Also hit my first target of 1stone. Whoo hoo! Off out for our weekly team lunch. Good luck everyone. But you don’t need luck as you are all working hard.
    Speak soon. Ruthy

well done Ruthy

I’m not doing so well, got the 4 lbs off that I put on at the start of the month, now two weeks into FBD and that’s ok, but missing my wine – what a saddo. I always feel this 5:2 lark is like snakes and latters, – so liquid day to hopefully climb that ladder and add a bit to Lardy, wish me luck, hope I can avoid the snakes – or chocolate as I call them!

TTL, I need a pep talk from Actionhero – where is he?

Weather just west of Edinburgh is overcast too, with that very fine rain – and very chilly, I’m also wearing a jumper! AND mine are getting bigger as well!

And congrats to the newlyweds – how lovely! The secret of a happy marriage is letting the husband have his own way in everything – just as long as you have shown him the way – ALWAYS ask him to take the tops off jars, never ever interfere when he is working out how to change a nappy or use the washing machine – oh and never ask him if an outfit makes your bum look big!

Hello! I’m new to 5:2–had my first fast day Monday and the second yesterday. I know it’s too late to officially join the July challenge but if it’s okay I’ll add my info to hold myself accountable.

I’m in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina and it’s been very muggy and hot!!! It makes it difficult to exercise. But I have been doing walks and hand weights inside. I need to step it up! I think I will get a fitbit.

Also, I had migraines spin out of control this spring and I took medication that caused heart palpitations…long story short, I started taking a beta blocker and bioidentical hormones to address this, which put on four pounds almost overnight. I was already about 16 pounds overweight so I knew I had to do something to take control and this seems like a do-able plan!!! I have taken off two of those four pounds (was working on it on my own last week too) and now need to tackle the rest.

I’m 52, with two kids–one in college and one preteen at home. I’m 5’7 1/4 and weighed 177 at the beginning of the week. bmi 27.5.

I’m going to set modest goals …. so my goal from the beginning of this week through the end of July is three pounds, which would get me ready to get my bmi under 27 during August. That’s not very impressive but better than inching up!!! We are going to California Aug. 7 and I don’t want to be as blobby as I am right now!

I hope to join the August challenge officially!

Good luck to all!

THOUGHT OF THE DAY (I’m getting some nice feed back on these, keep enjoying them)

Todays thought (just for you TTL)

” Just do it for the…..

HOLY SHIT, YOU GOT HOT”

Take care all…

Dearest Action Hero

I was hot already.

Kate Eve xx

Dearest Kate Eve…

“I was hot already” you have written in the past tense so I take it you mean that it is still in the past and you are working your way back… (lol)

Whatever you mean, keep up the great work, and not too many girlie lunches with the other temptresses in this Forum, you are very brave..

Talking about Dining Out, my wife and I are out tonight to a 7 Course Degustation Menu at one of Wellington’s finest dining Restaurants, so I have been saving myself all day for this. The 7 courses are made up of 5 small tasting Starters and Entrees then normal Main and Dessert accompanied by matching wines for each course. I may just come off the wagon tonight and have a couple to celebrate the 11 pounds taken off so far this month, just beacuse I can….

Take care everyone, I’m enjoying the Open golf as well, watching the nice weather you have in Scotland, I thought it was meant to be Summer in that part of the world however I’m seeing everyone playing in hats and scarfs and swimming pools on the fairways…

Hi Action Hero

Hats and scarves IS summer clothing here in Scotland, though I was brought up on the North East coast of England. That’s even colder, although for a night out in Newcastle the young go out in tee shirts and very short dresses. without a coat – in the middle of December. Oh to be young!

Off the wagon? Tut tut, in that case I throw down the gauntlet. Once you are over the hangover, stay with me on the wagon until the middle of August!!!!

And, of course, follow the golden rule if you are having a drink – life is too short for bad wine – well it’s really ….too short for cheap wine, but your restaurant doesn’t sound as if it sells cheap wine. Enjoy!

Oh, and about the 11 lbs, good going, but it ain’t over til the fat lady sings, and there are quite a few curvy sopranos in this challenge!

Hi Mike, Did you miss watching the Champion Golfers’ Challenge on Wednesday? It was a beautiful day.
    St Andrews is my favourite place in Scotland. If you havent played golf there already, you should go and experience the wonderful atmosphere, rain, hail or shine. Unfortunately, I am not a golfer, but have been on many holidays there. Just love it, and miss it as I now live in France. Have a great day, on or off the golf course.

Just lost a really long post on PC – am right royally chapped off, so will walk away and try again later!
    High winds suspended the Open!

Helo Milena,

I could see you and I would get along very very well, that has been one of my life long philosophies that life is too short to drink cheap wine, so to compliment that this evening I did not blow out too much, only 1 glasss of Chardonnay and 1 Merlot, the Chardy was a superb NZ label, very oaky and buttery, and the Merlot was a little Aussie number (the only good thing that comes out of Australia is their red wine) it was a Barrossa Valley Merlot and at $19.50 for 1 small glass I made it last quite some time, and it was worth every sip.

So no hangover, I came home a little bit early thinking I’ll make a nice cup of coffee and watch some golf before going to bed and damn it all, it’s raining again at St Andrews plus looks like blowing an almighty storm, play suspended so off to bed now with no golf. So Summer in Scotland is alive and well then…..

Hi All from a very windy (but sunny) St. Andrews (Action Hero and Femme I can feel you going green with envy!) We have a holiday cottage here and have been up here since Tuesday to play some golf and also watch the Open. We attended the first round on Thursday and I have never been so cold at an event in all my life! Since on 5:2 I find I feel the cold much more (or perhaps it’s just our miserable Scottish summer!) plus past experience of these golf events has proved must wear/take extra clothing for lengthy periods sitting in the Grandstands. So I went prepared and wore: jeans with waterproof trousers over, tee shirt, woollen jumper, fleece jacket, padded body warmer, waterproof jacket, woollen scarf, woollen beanie hat, gloves … and golf shoes … And I was perished!! – in mid-summer!!! Spoiled the day somewhat as we had to keep moving to warm up. Result we missed some of the action while queuing for Stands or were at the back of a six deep crowd at the ropes. Having said that did manage to see all the names on our list and saw some fine golf. We had intended going again on Friday but the forecast was for heavy rain and we felt it just wasn’t worth the £80 each entrance fee (yes, £80!) to endure more cold! Today, we have high winds and play suspended 6 hours so far and counting – I feel so sorry for all these fans who have paid their £80 and not yet seen a ball struck! Enough of golf …
    Congratulations to Mary W on your whirlwind wedding! Also congrats to Babs on your engagement – yes an upcoming wedding, especially if it’s your own, is definitely an incentive to keep on the right diet track! TTL I congratulated personally when we met up for a delightful lunch with Kate Eve on Tuesday. There must be something in the 5:2 air!

Mike glad you enjoyed your sumptuous feast and that you partook in some of the matching wines – would be such a pity to miss out on that! I somehow have a feeling you will be none the worse for it and will still pile the pounds on Lardy Lad! Keep up your humorous and insightful posts – we all love them!

I don’t have scales here so am missing my morning and evening weigh-ins. I will post my official weekly weigh-in when back home Mon but I am not hopeful for a ‘reduction’ as I’ve had too many treats, wine, meals out and bread-laden picnics – well, I am on holiday!! Now going to watch the Murray brothers playing doubles in the Davis Cup tennis on TV (GB v France). At least the weather at Queens in London looks summery – fingers crossed for no weather interruption here!

Today I feel so proud to be Scottish! Just watched Andy and Jamie Murray win the crucial doubles tie in the Davis Cup Quarter Final of GB v France. Let’s see what tomorrow brings in the Singles … but now – Mike – … some Open Golf??? The latest update is play starts at 5.30 pm to finish the 2nd round with the 3rd round tomorrow and final on Monday!! OH and I have decided we might just go along either tomorrow or Monday (cheap tickets at £10 – wow!)

Well, back again, and hopefully I will get this finished before I lose it again!
    So, last night had family for dinner, did roast beef followed by Rice pudding and stewed rhubarb – well and truly stuffed, and then couldn’t sleep! It’s not worth it!!!
    Took ourselves off to do some shopping and ended up at our fav café. I had a meringue (no cream) out of stubbornness cause I was chapped off – I actually feel sick – I found it so sweet, it’s churning round and round! Why do I keep doing this? Please will I learn one day to leave the sweet stuff alone?
    RUTHYH – Well done – 2.5lbs gone to Lardy and milestone first stone too. Way to go!
    MILENA – Taken note of all the things to ask OH (or not!) for an easy life. Never too old to learn. Good luck with reducing the pounds. I too am waiting for the next instalment from Action Hero!
    CAROLINACATZ – Welcome to Little Voices. Have noted your info on the spread sheet. Lardy Lad needs any extra pounds you have to unload before we kick him out the door at the end of the month.
    ACTION HERO – Took your advice and looked in the mirror – (no food) happy to inform you I liked what I saw! I now have a waist, less hips, my big fat bum has all but disappeared and my inner thighs hardly touch now. HOLY SHIT – I AM HOT!!! Tried a size 12 outfit on and just about there – another couple of weeks will do it. I can vouch for Kate Eve too – she is hot!
    FEMME – Love St Andrews, but bloody cold there at the moment as Upagumtree can vouch for. Sadly the golf was postponed today, but may resume a bit later today. The benefit is our summer nights are long and they actually played golf till 10pm last night. Crazy Huh!
    UP – wondered if you had stayed at the cottage or gone home – horrible weather isn’t it. Trying to talk OH in going to watch as the entrance price has been reduced considerably, but he’s happy to watch on TV. Says you see more – I just like the atmosphere of this kind of thing. Oh well, it’s all weather permitting anyway.
    Will sign off now and see if the golf has resumed – think I’ll have a gin and tonic – see if settles my stomach LOL!! Happy reducing everyone!

Well, hi and hello, everyone out there in other parts of the world! I love reading your posts about places I can only dream of seeing one day! But I feel like I am right there with you!

I am on vacation (holiday, in your terms) now, after a very stressful week with an elderly parent getting sick right before I was due to leave. But she is holding her own now. So I started the vacation from fasting a bit earlier, and it has been a doozy! Lots of dark chocolate, peanut butter, pizza…thank goodness I can’t drink because of my meds, or I would be in big trouble!

We are in a small town on the Eastern shore of Maryland called Easton, staying here a night before we head into Chincoteague Island, Virginia tomorrow. Just me and my sister, who is also my best friend.

So although I am not watching what I am eating, I am not snacking between meals or after dinner, so hopefully will keep too many pounds off the hips. But just in case, I told sis to do my annual photoshoot earlier rather than later, before I get too much bigger!

Congrats to those engaged, married, eloped, anniversaried, and lighter friends out there! I will need to borrow your strength and resolve when I get back to the real world!

Fitnfast,
    please tell me you will be on Chincoteague for the pony swim at the end of July? That has been on my bucket list since I was nine and read ‘Misty of Chincoteague’ – getting on for half a century ago and I’m still pony mad! Loved that book ‘sigh’
    Have a great holiday, sounds like you have earned it,
    Kate Eve

Sunday’s thought for the Day:

Exercise:
    Whether it’s a 14 minute mile or
    a seven minute mile,
    IT’S STILL A MILE….

Good morning everyone. Hope you are having a great reducing weekend. Still raining here but think the golf will go ahead as they are a whole day behind now.
    Weathers so crap here I’ve decided to spruce up the conservatory. So everything covered over ready for painting. That will be my exercise for the day.
    Fit fast – hope you have a great vacation. So glad we got our sunshine quota for the year in May in SA. Just getting rusty now in Scotland!
    Thanks Action Hero for your thought for the day. Like it! So true, whether you’re the hare or the tortoise, as long as you get there in the end.
    Could I ask any of our intrepid gang to let me have your results for the end of this week and I’ll get the spread sheet up to date. We need to get Lardy Lad loaded up for the final 10 day push. Can we get him to 50 lbs this week? Have a great weekend all, relax and enjoy the view!!!

Hi TTL I haven’t been able to weigh in but I will give you my 2 week result next Friday and my last one on 31 July x

Hi TTL. My official weight in is tomorrow – I don’t trust my own scales anymore, so need to weigh in at the gym.

Kate eve, The pony swim is next week so I won’t be here for that. Way too crowded then! But the island is beautiful, the weather is high 80s and sunny. Already cooked to a crisp. I did a 20 hour fast today to try to relose what I have already gained!

Going on the boat tour of the island tonight. First time. Hope everyone enjoying their weekend.

Hi TTL,

Weigh in for Mike this morning, 88.3kgs, 194.7lbs
    Weeks reduction is 1kg exactly 2.3lbs

Month to date is 5kgs and 11lbs so I’m very happy with this progress, I have my original monthly goal written down in front of me as 4kg (9lbs) so with still 11 days to go I’m way ahead of it and it hasn’t really been too difficult other than still missing my glass(s) of wine each night.

Watched the golf last evening until wee small hours of the morning, did I actually see shadows on the fairways from the sun???? Good to see the players in short sleeves again, the day before they were dressed the same as me when I go skiing, rather than golfing. It’s still good
    viewing though and we still have one Kiwi golfer in the field (Ryan Fox), albeit he has slipped back a little in his 3rd round, however he’s still there (and Tiger isn’t) so that makes him better than Tiger !!!

MILENA, I’ll accept your challenge for an August sobriety month if you are game, I’m still having a few challenges with it, not cravings for alcohol, more the social side with friends etc, I’m still getting funny looks from my mates after golf and other meetings when I turn down a beer or wine and elect something non alcoholic.

It’s a glorious winters morning here in Wellington, New Zealand today, OK it’s only 11 degrees (that’s about 52 I think in the other scale) the sun is pouring into my Office window and not a cloud in the sky so life is good, the coffee is hot and strong and I’m enjoying associating with all you positive people around the world, helping ourselves create new healthy lives.

So keep up the great efforts, 11 days to go until the end of the month, let’s all make these next few days the best to date and load up our total reductions with some solid excesses so we can start August feeling the best ever for 2015.

Remember, Nothing tastes as good as SKINNY feels…..

Hi Mike

Poor you, 11,degrees, of course being the height of summer in Scotland I think it got to 14 degrees here, tee shirt weather though never a good sight with goosebumps.

I went to Newcastle today, crossed the border, the rain we had driven through for an hour and a half from 5 am stopped, right at the border. Glorious hot day in Newcastle, lovely trip back up the North Sea Coast , hit the border, rain began lashing down. I kid you not! And it happens regularly.

Looks very much like you are the front runner and favourite – though we might suggest the men be handicapped next month, statistically it is easier for men to lose weight, I’ve never heard of men having water retention, and boy do men rise to a challenge.

On the other hand, there are some determined bisums here, so watch your rear view mirrors!!!

Thanks for adding me! Now I really feel accountable, which means I need to watch the non-fast days. We had a family weekend at the lake and I ate with abandon. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be fast days for me so we’ll see how it goes! I have done well with exercise, though, even though it was so muggy today the “real feel” according to the weather channel was 105 F (40C I think?) I’m envious of the cool weather!!!

Wow, everyone is doing well! It is the dreaded PMS week this week so don’t think the scale numbers count at all, but will be back next Monday with an amazing loss TTL I’m sure (I can hope)!
    I am still 3lb down from the start of the month so defo not complaining, might be able to manage another pound or two yet.
    Husband making noises about going somewhere sunny in November as summer in Scotland a bit of a washout thus far, so I am amusing myself with what weight I could aspire to by then (a new wardrobe weight, I think…) Kate Eve xx
    PS that’s not weighing the same as a wardrobe, by the way.

Hello from a very cold, dreitch miserable Dundee. Can’t even see the village at the bottom of the hill today. Marginally better at the golf, at least they are able to play, but can’t be enjoyable for anyone! Unless you’ve hit the vino already.
    Not having a good FD today. Just had some bone broth which has helped, but generally just feeling fed up. This weather really gets to me the older I get! Time to move to Spain I think!
    Jfitzy and DJ no problem – just let me know whenever.
    Action hero – well done, another 2.3lbs gone. You def are in line for the chocolate fish! You have certainly motivated us ladies, although I for one have a struggle to match your reduction. Keep on doing what you’re doing!
    Milena- sounds like you have another challenge on your hands – glutton for punishment eh! less food and no wine, that’s a toughie! Haha!
    Carolinacatz – good luck with your first fast, we’re all rooting for you.
    Kate Eve – well done, 3 lb loss for the month to date is good going. Hope things are all in order now after the flood . We dropped stuff in Alyth today and we’re staggered at the damage. When you’re back to normal give me a bell and we can meet for coffee.
    Well, not too long for dinner now, three bean chilli from Mimis book. Hopefully it will cheer me up a bit.
    Hope you are all doing well, fasting or not!

Hi all from a wet and windy Donegal Ireland. I have to smile at the comments from you all about the weather – I thought it was Ireland’s national hobby – didnt know it extended elsewhere! I understand a wee man from Ireland is doing well at the open in Scotland – always good to hear the underdog can shake things up a bit.
    Its also lovely to hear of everyone’s life events – engagements, marriages and holidays. I have travelled a little around MD USA and the seafood there is some of the best I’ve ever had. Kate Eve – I have a horse, a pony and a donkey – all of which help keep the lbs at bay, not to mention a quiet healthy mind.

Now to business. Happy to report I have let another 2lbs go on their merry way. So thats a total of 4lbs handed over to LL since the start of July. Off to Sweden this week for a 50th birthday party and the dress is now comfy and fun! Aiming to use my travel day as a FD – find it easy when I’m focused on a timetable to not think about food.

Will be checking in with you all the middle of next week. Wouldn’t it be great crack altogether if I’d actually left a few lbs in Sweden!

Steady as you go.
    RubyLily

Hi TTL Sorry, I am about to wreck havoc on your spreadsheet. I weighed myself at the gym today and I am going to consider that, my official scale. On the gym scale I am at 128 lbs on the nose. I started July at 131.5, so loss to date is 3.5 lbs.

Hello again! To clarify, is it the final number of pounds lost in July that is reported and the rest is for support, etc?

I had fast day number three today. Good news is that it was easier so far (although evenings are the worst!!!!) and I felt really good and energetic!!

After the weekend at the lake I lost some of the progress I’d made last week but I’m hopeful it was largely water and will go away quickly.

Everyone’s progress is quite inspiring!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply.