Little Voices January 2016 Accountability

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices January 2016 Accountability

This topic contains 339 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  SDS 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 340 total)

• Wow QUIET ONE, I couldn’t resist looking up all about your Chunky Monkey Ice Cream, it’s a brand we’ve never seen here in New Zealand

http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/chunky-monkey-ice-cream

It certainly looks delicious, ice cream, next to chocolate is one of my life’s real weaknesses however the Nutritian Facts of the ingredients don’t paint a pretty picture. One half cup (108gms) is half a FD’s allowed calorie intake, not that you would probably eat this on a FD.

I personally have to be very strict with myself when I know there is ice cream in our house, especially when the New Zealand favorite Hokey Pokey is in the Freezer (see Hokey Pokey within this list)

https://www.tiptop.co.nz/product-category/tip-top-tubs/

Sorry to temp everyone, it wasn’t my intention however QUIET ONE’s reference to his ice cream made me curious.

Two FD’s completed this week plus very good controls within my TDEE’s (except Wednesday which was birthday celebrations) however the other 4 NFD’s were all very good, plus two gym sessions completed too so it’s been a good week, albeit another year older…. Cheers Mike

Yep hokey pokey looks good but Chunky Monkey is the BOMB.

Once in a while I just have to. What’s life without a treat now and then.

I made a Baked Alaska with Chunky Monkey once …… yeah that good.

Good on ya Action Hero keep on keeping on it’s totally doable, the one thing I’ve found after a year is it hasn’t gotten old. I still have to pay attention and be mindful but I seem to be always learning something.

Talking about ice cream, my extra special treat for successfully completing January challenge together with my goal of losing my holiday weight, on a nfd of course, will be a Mcdonalds chocolate cone on January 31st. they are absolutely to die for, did I mention Im a confirmed chocoholic!!!! and its better for me to have that, than to buy a 2ltre tub and have it calling out to me for the rest of the week. I know its not good to have a sweet for a treat, (im a poet and dont know it !!) but I am only human after all (although some would disagree lol).

getting back to the healthy when I make my protein bars, I usually add some stranded coconut, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, or anything healthy I have around to help bulk them out and make them slow burning.

I have had four German shepherds, and all four of them had completely different personalities. when we lost our beautiful lab retriever due to old age, we went to the shelter and tried to pick up another one. My husband then was away a lot and I found having a big dog around comforting. He would always sleep on our bed when OH was away and if I woke up to a strange noise, we had a steel framed home and they always creak at night when it gets cold, if the dog didnt care, neither did I. One morning my oh had an early start and I woke up to the phone ringing, before mobiles, and I nudged him to answer it, when it kept ringing, and with a lot of expletives I turned the light on, my oh had already gone and the dog looked at me as if I had completely lost it!!! I would have done if he had indeed answered the call!! Anyway at the pound they had no labs only a black and silver shepherd who looked just like a wolf and that was when my love affair with my shepherds began.

OMG all this talk about chocolate stuff has set me off slavering. Then I remember how sick I felt having too much chocolate at Christmas, and am not going there again!!!
    Second fast day this week has produced a reduction of 1lb. That’s just three to goal now. Sorry Coda, I’m one of these people who weighs every morning, but just record after every fast day. It’s good to see any patterns that are thrown up. If I see a gain on the scales, then I adjust my food intake for the day. If I’m down in weight, like today, then I have a filling breakfast (two grilled bacon and two poached eggs) and stay within my TDEE. I have reduced that recently.. 5:2 says my TDEE is 1475. MFP says its 1200. So I am aiming for 1000 daily and 375 cals on a FD. I sometimes go a tad over but don’t fret about it. I’m one of these people, slow and steady wins the race. There is no one with a gun at my head saying I have to do it by next week! Three fast days don’t seem to work for me, and I don’t have the willpower to do prolonged water fasts etc, etc. So I guess I’ll just keep plodding along and decreasing in weight, and getting healthier. It’s my first anniversary on the 17th Jan , and seem to have followed UPA’s journey, but will post my stats on the day and let you know how things have changed. Till then, have a great day all, and remember if you are struggling, this too shall pass! TTL

Hi All We have had our first taste of snow and as much as I like looking at it from beside a warm fire I hate having to drive in it. Finally arrived in work – very slow going as I didn’t dare take the short cut I usually do but stuck to main roads. Our server is down hence I can put a quick post on. Don’t know if I will get for my run later depends if the footpaths have thawed enough πŸ™

I have really struggled this week (from Wednesday) and have been so cold on my fast days. I think I knew it was going to be a uphill battle when I had more than my usual quota of ryvita. I seemed to have a real carb craving and even my run after work didn’t curb it but hanging in there. My 3rd fast day of the week today so fingers crossed. Well done everyone we are half way through January so the finish line is getting closer. Keep up the resolve everyone and hope no-one is too tempted by all the talk of ice cream – my fav is a locally produced product called Mauds they do the most amazing honeycomb one hmmmm!

Just to get you guys off chocolate and ice cream and get you to start slavering after something else, I’ll tell you what I had for dessert last night. I hardly ever eat desserts, and hardly ever eat fruit, since this WOL. Maybe that is why last night’s was so special.
    It was…… ready for this?????…..blueberries with heavy cream. It was SO sweet!
    Now THAT should get you off your chocolate and ice cream.
    Blueberries with heavy cream. Mmm Mmm good !

LOL!

Rommy
    My first dog was a German Shepherd. We grew up together. He was wonderful! I understand your love for them. I thought he could never be replaced, and probably still cannot.
    As an adult, I have had many wonderful dogs, but never a German Shepherd.

mmm mmm indeed – nice try PJBR only trouble is my mind drifted to blueberry ice-cream sprinkled with honeycomb pieces lol. have a good day everyone πŸ™‚

Blueberries with heavy cream sounds great and is something that fits in my plan. I even have blueberries and heavy cream in my refrigerator at the moment!

Unfortunately, chocolate has also been my downfall this week. There’s a Lindt store a short walk away from my office and I went to pick up some dark chocolate. I get the 90 or 99% chocolate which I don’t have to share with my husband (he says it’s like eating dirt). They always give a sample when you walk in so who was I to refuse. While I was there robot aliens took over my brain and I picked up a small selection (about 8) of Lindor truffles which I ate as my lunch, not exactly part of my plan! I have managed to keep up with my fasting days but thanks partly to that I didn’t lose any weight this week but I’m okay with that – at least no gains! I hadn’t been on the scale since last Friday so I was concerned but pleasantly surprised to see that I’m still at 132. I think I do better weighing every day and also tracking my food daily which is something else I’ve been slack on since before Christmas. Well, that little experiment is over – it’s back to tracking and daily weighing for me as that seems to work better if I want to actually lose a bit more.

Goals for this week – three more fast days, stick to the blueberries with or without heavy cream and stay away from the chocolate, track my food every day and get on that scale and face the music every day!

Hi, all,

I have just returned from Cuba where I had a fantastic trip. We didn’t just do the beach (except for the last few days) but travelled around the cities and farms and really learned and saw a lot. If you are interested in reading about the adventure, I’m blogging about it here:
    https://iamallwrite.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/watch-listen-learn-cuba-1-havana/

The food in Cuba was much better than we’d been told and I had some outstanding meals. We were always snacking because the service is so slow in restaurants (and everywhere else) that you can’t do much except eat the buns and bread that they put on the table. Sometimes it was an hour or more between when we ordered our meals and when we ate. So, in spite of getting a stomach bug that should have at least helped a bit with weight control, I’ve managed to put on four or five pounds. Arghghg.

I don’t have time to read all the posts on the thread. Just wanted to let you know I’m back, and fasting today.

Hasta luego….

Mary

Hi Folks,
    Thursday fast day went well, so with the experience of Wednesday and Thursday behind me, I will add 2 additional “stretch” fast days to my commitment (20th , 27th) – bringing my total for the month to 11.

My wife did her first fast day yesterday, and did very well, she just felt a little cold. My mother in law, forgot about the fast day, despite reminders :), she said she’ll do it next week.

Quietone, your commentary about the additional benefits of the 5:2 besides weight loss, resonates with me, I have a bunch of “internal” body issues besides fat which are benefitting from the fasts. I take my BP every day, and numbers are extremely encouraging already at this early stage of my journey.

Bill.

That discussion of ice-cream, chocolate, blueberries and heavy cream would have set me off! lol! Luckily this is not a FD for me.

I completed 3 FDs this week, and was thrilled when I stood on the scale this morning. I am down 6 lbs (7 total for January thus far). After last weeks 1 lb loss, I was worried.

Quietone – your words are very inspirational and it keeps me going. The message of keep going, no matter what resonates with me, so thank you!

Next week, I only have 2 FDs planned. I’ll see if I can manage to sneak another one in.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I managed to get two fasts in this week. Third one was a bust did okay until tea time. It didn’t help that we had 43+ for that day. I am now if PB territory again. Th weather has gone back to 20’s but alas no rain at all.

Wow! I go away for a couple of days and come back to talk of ice cream, chocolate, more ice cream, blueberries and cream, and, an… an…! You’re not making this easy! I have 4 flavors of homemade sorbet and ice cream in my freezer, at the moment: kiwi, apple with thyme, cinnamon pear, and vanilla toffee chocolate chip. And I have been amazingly good about forgetting they are there. Thanks a bunch for making my 3rd FD this week that much harder! πŸ˜‰

Like you, Coda, I have been struggling a bit this week. On my last FD I had on some jeans that used to fit but are now baggy, and I kept having to hitch them up. I had just come in from a good hard swim, was getting hungry and thinking that maybe I didn’t have to do this fasting thing. Easy to think when your trousers keep falling down. Well lunchtime rolls around and fortunately the alarm bells started going off. I made myself a cuppa and went to find some jeans that were tight. Uncomfortably tight, yes, but they did the trick. I did get through the day, and then watched my TDEE very carefully yesterday. It was hard to shake the feeling that I’m not making any progress and the doubt that FDs are necessary.

So I’m back on track today after nearly running off the rails the last couple of days. 3rd good swim of the week, 3rd FD of the week, half way through Dry January, and Friday: hurray! I did splurge a teeny tiny bit which was that I made a small pot of white bean and cabbage soup with a slice of bacon. Oh my, did the bacon make the soup good. I only have about 6 hours before this FD is done, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be ok. Wobbly week though. ST55

Well half the month mostly gone.

I only got two fasts in one of 113 hours and one finished this evening of 47 hours both were water fasts.

I’ve stay within my TDEE on all non-fsst days, though I had one day I showed a zero calorie deficit so I ate right to the TDEE. Staying within my TDEE is still a challenge a year in. I did lose weight but not as much as you might think even with a 4.5+ day fast in there. My body is changing the weight not so much but I’m happy where I’m at and where I’m going.

Congratulations to everyone for sticking with it. If things aren’t happening exactly as you wish you might want to recheck your TDEE and perhaps lower it a bit if you do have it calculated for your present weight.

5:2 pattern of eating can be tough at times but if you stick to it you will be amazed at the new you.

Morning (or evening) all. Stunning, blue skies, frosty morning down by the sea. 3 Fast days done this week and 2 very good NFDs in between. Been to the gym 4 times this week too. Like many others here I have found this week really quite difficult, the weather has turned so cold, and we don’t have any central heating here in our little beach house by the sea, just a wood burner and boy have I felt the cold, leaving me feeling a little tetchy, achy and so tired fighting to stay warm. But I have remained on track, determined to put Christmas back in it’s box and get truly back on track. So stood on the scales this morning and I do believe there was a bit of a whoosh! scales stating 68.8, about 2 and half kilos (or 5 lbs) zapped into the stratosphere! so I am now below my lowest pre-christmas week which feels just great and actually really well and truly deserved if I’m really honest and true. I am semi-fasting today (about 750 cals) to compensate as I plan to have a day off tomorrow as up to London to watch some rugby and see our son. Target for next week is 2 fast days on Tuesday and Thursday with a semi-fast in the middle on the Wednesday. Will weigh and check in with this thread on Friday morning before I sign off for this month as I am then away skiing for 2 weeks. Will definitely join whatever February delights are planned though. This forum ROCKS!!! been on it now for just over half a year, I have NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER remained focussed on a d**t sorry WOE like this before and I am 50 years old. My next target is to get below 10 stone before the summer. (Have lost 2 stone 4lbs since starting)

One tip I thought I would share with you is on my non-fast days I go back to my one other successful way of eating which is following the Patrick Holford low GI diet. I use all my tried and trusted tasty recipes such as granola, stuffed peppers, lots of yummy slow-releasing foods that keep you full and happy. Oh and I have also cut right back on the vino!! had a few glasses last Sunday and will do the same this Sunday, but other than that it’s been sparkling water for me (oh my halo is shining….) Good luck to everyone this weekend! and as has been said so many times before, it’s not a race, don’t be downhearted if the results aren’t quite what you hoped for this week, just remember what you’re doing and why you’re doing it and you can get right back on track as you are the one behind the steering wheel. Have a great weekend! xx

Billy
    Well done getting your family on side !!!
    I envy you because my two sons are actively against my doing this even though they know of my dramatic weight loss and the improvement in my diabetes. I would like to see both of them do it too but……….(Maybe they want me to knock off early to get all my $$$$$)
    LOL !!
    To All – sorry if the blueberry dessert set anyone off as a decedent dish. It was truly not meant to be. I was offering that as a very POOR alternative to the other two high sugar alternatives. Poor in deliciousness I mean, not in “good for you”. I actually think that it is a GOOD alternative – healthy and amazingly delicious after a year of having extremely low amounts of sugar and starch. How our perception of taste can change !

I only have one thing to say. When confronted with temptation go for a walk.

Unless it’s Chunky Monkey and you have 580 calories to spare on non fast day then SURRENDER.

Ok I’ll shut up now.

Hi everyone, hope your weekends are going well. I had three fasts this week and they went surprisling well. I find my runs and skis are much better on fast days. I just seem to have energy on those days. Weather in the Yukon has warmed up to -8 and snow, yippee the ski trails really needed it. I travel next week so hoping to stick to my 3 fast days and work out. I think the extra holiday weight is melting off slowly. Welcome back Mary. Good work everyone who stuck through the hard week. Keep it up.

Just a tip I do on a non fast day to help stay within my TDEE – just enter your food on myfitnesspal BEFORE you eat it. It’s a good tool to use in keeping your portion sizes under control. Even measuring out 100 grams of food initially to give you an idea of how many calories it costs, will help a lot. You may find that the bowl of ice cream you think is only 200 calories is probably nearer double that. I measure every so often as its so easy to pile food up thinking you are within TDEE. You dont have to make it a chore, just check yourself occasionally . Also I drink a lot of herbal tea now as there are no calories, unlike normal tea with milk which all adds up in a day.
    As for the blueberries and cream – I would heat them in the microwave till they burst and then swirl them through some Yeo Valley Greek yogurt. Yum! Half the calories of cream and just as tasty.
    Hope you’re all having a good weekend. TTL

Just reading everyone’s posts and it looks like you are doing great! Looking at some of the posts I am guessing some people are doing high fat/low carb and thought I would share my easy recipe to satisfy that chocolate craving.

2Tbsp Chocolate Philidelphia cream cheese (not light) & 4 Tbsp of 33% whipping cream in a blender makes 3 small (but filling) servings of a lovely chocolate mousse. 100 calories each with a little over 9g of fat and 4.7g carbs (over 80% fat if you just look at percentages). The portion size isn’t huge but I have added water to the blender sometimes and it makes a sort of chocolate milk, still nice and creamy tasting due to the whipping cream. I am also a huge fan of thinly slicing a strawberry and putting a Tbsp of heavy cream on it – so good and filling with just a bit over 50 calories.

Happy fasting everyone and congratulations on making it over half way through January!

Good morning from the bitter cold USA!

I kind of dropped out for a while (again – long story), so have only done 2 fast days this month but now I am here to stay, have learned my lesson the hard way, and am back on 4:3, so have 6 more to go.
    Started at 150 ..weighed in at 146.2 this morning. Training my brain to not slack when I see that, but to double up and try harder!

Hi πŸ˜€ My first ever fast day tomorrow , looking forward to it I think πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ» I hope I join you πŸ‘πŸ»

Hi Tippy welcome to little voices and even though I know you I ask all new members to put some info on your profile where you are from etc so our little band also gets to know you too. Have a look at some profiles to get a feel of what you can share. This challenge is committing to a number of fast days for the month of January and I know this is all new to you but we are all here to help you begin and stick with this exciting journey you have embarked on.
    We are now on the downhill part of our challenge so let’s reaffirm and make every fast day count to the end of the month. I will have to try that recipe Skinny sounds rather nice. Good work everyone so far and for those including me who have struggled a bit, that is in the past and the end of the challenge is drawing near. So for the results we want let’s put our minds to it and go for it. We may have to go outside our comfort zone but that is where the magic happens.

Can totally relate to your post ST55!
    Remember a small positive thought in the morning can change your entire day!

Had a really bad week, only one fast day. My downfall was bread. I ate out on Tuesday, ordered a lovely healthy salad which unfortunately then came with half a warm baguette which I found impossible to resist. Since then I’ve craved, and given in to bread in various forms every day, ending up with three days well over tdee. So annoyed with myself as had been doing fantastically since beginning Jan. Gripe over, given myself a shake and am committing to at least three fast days next week, starting tomorrow. Hope you’re all doing better than me.

Congrats Tippy and welcome to a whole new pattern of eating.

Zen don’t beat yourself up and get down. Just review and slip back into the 5:2 pattern. Giving in to temptation happens to everyone it’s not the end in ways it does help to strengthen the resolve going forward.

Onward and watch the slippery sections. You can do it and you’re now aware of something to watch a little more closely.

Logging in with three fasts completed for the week, three good nfds and one bad one, I got caught out taking OH in for a proceedure in day surgery, we were in at 7am, thought we’d be out for lunch, but because of high blood pressure, didnt get out till 4pm and one banana and a cup of coffee just didnt cut it. Needless to say I was an uncontrolled eating machine, devouring everything in site. Ahh, the plans of mice and men!!! Not much damage done, down another 1/2 kilo so halfway to my goal. I am currently looking at having something savoury on nf days to curb my appetite, I like to keep my protein bars for fast days. I found a recipe for zucchini slice which looks very nice and filling, if I start on sweet things on nf days I find it very hard as I always have an empty feeling, even after Ive devoured every biscuit in the house! I think a combination of fat and sugar must set off something that blocks the stomach telling the brain its full. So this week I will not have anything sweet until my last cup of tea, that should fix it.

reporting in: stayed the same but not too concerned as I know why. 2FD last week plus 3 good other days. Went a little awry yesterday – been away for the weekend plus unwell on one day earlier in the week. On the plus side, pleased I managed to fit in 2 good swim sessions and felt better for it. Big family party and a few social gatherings this week to navigate so all positive

Coda – count me in for 2 fast days last week. That is 4 altogether this month.

Skinnyme – Hello fellow Canadian.
    Thank you for those 2 wonderful recipes. Gotta try them.

Fast day 6 of 11 Checkin:

Life is good, making progress and reinforcing new habits every day.

Bill.

Hi PJBR have I missed something or did you mean 4 fast days last week not this month as I have you down for 12 fast days for the month of January?? see original post Coda – It suddenly came to me β€œI could commit to 12 fasts”
    Ha ha you don’t get away that easily!!

Really all of you should give yourselves a pat on the back – yes while for some it hasn’t been all plain sailing you are all still here and determined to keep going till the end – that is all anyone can ask – to give it your best and only you know if it was your very best shot. If you feel you can do better then go for it!

From now till end of month I want all of you to wake up and say Ok it’s Monday/Tuesay/Wednesday etc Lets do this!! I want you to say it out loud – say it out in the garden, say it in the bathroom but I want you to say it out loud and believe it!

Hi Coda, Checking in with last week’s results – 2 fast days completed 1 bugg**ed cos of stress! So, 4 down 6 to go! Interestingly lost another pound this week which for me near (2nd) goal and hitting my TDEE’s only ocassionally this past week is amazing!! (Guessing the Xmas excesses must have been water weight!)

You keep on what you are doing Coda – you are a prime motivator!!

Up

Hi All, just catching up, as I’m closing in on the end of my fasting January. Like LAB26, I’m off to the mountains for some snow with my extended family. No point pretending I could fast or abstain from the rojo, so my one scheduled variance from Dry January is coming up next weekend. I’ll be back well before my month-end weigh in, so not exactly a free for all. If I misbehave too much, I’ll get my comeuppance!

Quiet1, I’m still amazed by your marathon fasts – 113 hours followed by 47 – Wow. Good for you! And yes, I like your notion of ‘watching the slippery sections’ because so often that’s how it feels to make a bad food choice. It’s so fleeting, but can have such damaging physical and mental consequences! Thanks for that.

TTL, thank you for your fabulous idea of recording calories before consuming them. I did that yesterday and it provided an incentive to put my fork down earlier.

PJBR, is it too late to trade in your 2 sons new ones?! I can’t believe they’re not supporting you, especially with your good results. Keep up the good work…you show ’em!

You too, LAB26, Runningnorth, Lisa57, BillyB, Rommy and UpaGT; looks like all of you are having good results even with various challenges.

Zen123, one fast day is better than none – keep at it. Zen and Tippy, and anyone else fasting today, good luck! ST55

I’ve been off line for a few days having an extremely social few days with friends. I am now in a “to weigh or not to weigh. that is the question”.

Having decided to just do my 10 fast days (completed 5 before this latest food and wine adventure) and weigh at the end of the month, I am tempted to weigh to see how much damage I’ve done. I still have 5 scheduled fast days in my diary.

Oh and dry January isn’t going that well either…..

Yes Coda, I had it wrong (up VERY early so was partly asleep when I posted, I guess)
    Week 1 – 4 fasts.
    Week 2 – 2 fasts.
    Total of 6 fasts so far in the month of January.

Sweettooth – Yes, too late to trade them in. I am sure they love me anyway, as I do them.

I checked back in last night but I don’t know where my update is gone. I must be quick my two youngest are crying, and so my day begins at 06:42 😭. I can report one good fast day for last week. I started one on Wednesday but in the evening I went off track and stayed off track until last night. I’m back in the zone now and ready to do this, I’m fed up starting over again. I’ve kept up the running and I’m really enjoying it so all is not lost.

I have my parents arriving on Thursday for the weekend so I decided to do a catch up fast day today while I blitz the house.

It’s great to be back😊

4 down 3 to go
    Had a shocking weekend seemed I found myself in the kitchen eating something I either shouldn’t or really didn’t want. Needless to say by Sunday evening I was suffering from heartburn………….cant blame anyone but myself.

What’s done is done (or eaten) and I can’t undo a crappy eating weekend.

Hi guys – it is freeeezing here today, but blue skies and sparkly blue sea makes up for the shivers. Well my weekend didn’t go quite to plan, ended up having a large gin and tonic on Saturday evening, which in turn led to a bottle of wine being opened – oopsie πŸ™ then rugby on Sunday so plenty to drink again – however I did make a considered choice at the restaurant and avoided ordering a huge baguette and fries which I was pleased with. Think I am going to only manage 1 of my 2 fasts this week as we have a busy diary, had my daughter and her b/f round for dinner last night, and out again tonight,but I’m ok with that really as these things happen and I don’t like to turn down invites from precious friends. I intend to fast tomorrow (Weds) and would do another on Thursday but feel it may be foolish as I have a personal training session booked midday and I think I would be too weak doing back to back fasts. But will aim for it to be a low cal/healthy day. The one thing I haven’t gone back to once yet is my love of Cheddars which were becoming a bit of an issue before Christmas everytime I had a glass of something nice I would ‘treat’ myself to eating crisps!!!! what on earth was that all about? anyway I have stopped that now. So if I don’t check in again before I go on my holidays, good luck to all you wonderful people and I look forward to hearing what delights February will give….?

Hi All – Just a quick catch up – Thank you Upa πŸ™‚

PJBR just you show those 2 sons of yours how wrong they are not to support this way of eating buy loosing weight and increasing your overall health!

Chipmunk – just do some damage limitation from now to the end of the month. I too am in a dilemma – to weigh or not to weigh. I feel sometimes out of sight out of mind so should weigh myself just to keep on top of things if they are not going the way they should.

Jayne.L you can’t undo it it but don’t let it get in the way of a recovery exercise. Its not where you have come from that counts. Its where you are going!

Hi all. Just had my first year anniversary on the 5:2 WOE. Reading Up’s post about her year mirrors my own. Up on holidays, downs afterwards with a couple of serious plateaus thrown in.
    Just to show that this WOL does work, I’m posting my stats. I was hoping to be at my goal of 9 stone by this time, but with just 3.5lbs to go, it won’t be long now. Although as Up says, it seems to get harder towards target, I guess there’s not so much ‘easy’ fat to lose.

Date Bust Waist hips Neck Calves Thighs BMI

19/1/15 38″ 38″ 42″ 14″ 14″ 25″ 28.5
    19/1/16 37″ 31″ 38″ 13″ 13″ 22″ 24.5

I have reduced down from size 16 to 10-12
    I feel much healthier than I did a year ago.
    The only medication I take is for the odd Migraine
    I don’t eat carbs (Just occasionally)ad have cut down considerably on sugar
    I hardly drink alcohol now. The occasional G & T or wine
    I am exercising more than I have ever done

The nice thing is people really notice the difference and say so.
    I have never posted on a blog before, but I have to say this group has really motivated me, and given support when it was most needed.

Just 3.5lbs to go – not putting a time limit on it. I will definitely be following this regime for the rest of my life. I am sure my insides are in much better health than they have ever been, and at 67 I actually feel a lot younger.
    Hope this post will spur you all on – it takes time, but it does work. Just keep doing it!
    If I can do it anyone can!!! TTL

Forgot to add that 19/1/15 I weighed 151 lbs.
    I now weigh 129.5 lbs.

Sorry the numbers seem to have moved on the above post

TTL

Thank you TTL while you may not be at your specific goal a very well done and an inspiring post for those committing to this woe. We just have to stick with it.
    I think I need to weigh regularly. Stepped on tonight and while I haven’t put any on I haven’t lost either but that is the way I seem to go, staying the same for a week or two and then let it go. Its hard not to get despondent but I should learn to live and accept that is the way it is. However not weighing I think lulls me into false security and I think maybe I am doing better than I really am. So weighing will keep me honest and as long as I don’t get hung up on the scales I will be fine.
    Did everyone say their I can do it out loud? I think some didn’t as I didn’t get strong vibes – you will have to do better tomorrow morning so I can feel the power of commitment lol x

Hi Coda I alays weigh regularly but only once every 2 weeks or so. If I weigh daily or weekly I find the scales dominates my life which is not good!! I have, for the first time in my life, found something that fits in with my lifestyle and let’s me enjoy the foods I like without feeling guilty like diets do and this is not a diet but a way of life. For example I fasted yesterday and planned another one today but an impromptu glass if wine tonight means I will do it tomorrow! I will still be way below my TDEE so not remotely concerned. I love 5.2 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Hi Folks,
    fast day yesterday went really well, I actually decided to do a water only fast, which mentally I thought was easier than having some food.

Will be eating clean today, in prep for tomorrow’s fast day. As part educating myself with all the data out there in the real world, I came across a fellow called Dr Jason Fung, he has an excellent video series on Youtube – which is worth watching. He advocates that type 2 diabetes can be reversed with intermittent fasting – my mother is type 2 and I spent some time last weekend chatting to her about it. Fascinating stuff this fasting WOL.

Bill.

TTL – Way to go on your anniversary results!! We definitely are twins!! – well, apart from I am (within past 9 months) on medication for HBP – and still can’t cut down on the wine – which probably leads to the HBP – hmm!!

Lifesa – loved your post and just wanted to add that despite all the other posts of ice-cream, chocolate, blueberries and cream, my interest too lies with crisps and cheddars! Today my friend invited me to the ‘Virgin Money Lounge’ where coffee (all sorts), tea (all sorts) and cookies and fruit were on offer free of charge. I scoured all three serveries and found one which had Cheddars (instead of Cookies) to accompany my fruit tea – ashamed to say I scoffed about a dozen!! More healthily though, managed to beat the queue when the bananas arrived!! Readers – you have to visit a Virgin Money Lounge to appreciate what I am saying here re the bananas!!

Pleased to report that, even though it’s only5.25pm here, I am having a great fast day. I said it out loud this morning CODA and it is so. I have fish and salad planned for dinner so am confident all will be well. Still haven’t stepped on the scales…….

Excellent I am hearing some little voices loud and clear YOU CAN DO IT!
    If today doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you!
    I know a water only fast says a water only fast but are you allowed coffee?

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 340 total)

You must be logged in to reply.