Little Voices January 2016 Accountability

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices January 2016 Accountability

This topic contains 339 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  SDS 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 340 total)

• Happy new year and hello from Canada! It is a beautiful, sunny and incredibly cold day. Good luck to everyone this month.

Fast Day 1 of 9 Checkin: Weight – 18st 6lbs.

New to the lifestyle, so unknown expectations for this month.

Exercise:Planned 5km Row today, and 15 min workout with kettle bells.

Food calories source: porridge, skimmed milk.

Drink Plenty of water.

Bill.

Hi all
    I’m committing to 9 fast days
    I weighed in at 10 St 9 had a 5 pd weight gain over Christmas.
    Still needing lots of encouragement an tips
    Thanks

Hi everyone

First fast day completed successfully! Was much easier than I thought it would be to start up again, would even go as far as to say I enjoyed it! I weighed myself this morning to check on the damage I did over Xmas, 3lbs on which isn’t the end of the world but glad to be back on the program!

Hope everyone who fasted today had success and good luck to those doing it tomorrow.

Jo

Confirming 10 days for the rest of the month. Lost track of the date. We were expecting thunderstorms but nothing eventuated. The only exercise I do is 4 minutes HIIT every two days. On the other day I have started some strength training exercises. The increased weight put on is slowly coming off. On the milder days I try and spend a couple of hours in the garden.

Hello all you Little Voices, old and new, and my very best wishes for a happy, healthy and slimline new year!

Hi dear Coda, sorry for delay in checking in with my commitments – I was waiting until weigh-in today and hadn’t caught up with your new thread over the holidays so missed the fact you wanted commitments lodged before today. Anyway, here’s mine now:

10 pledged fasts. I will fast Mondays and Wednesdays as usual every week and will fit in a Friday on a couple of weeks. I, like Chipmunk, also pledge a dry January (apart from the few social events I have in my diary) as I feel wine is my main downfall on NFDs.

My starting weight is 9 stone (126 pounds) having gained 3 pounds (and 1.5 inches on waist!) over the festive season – and that was with 2 fasts per week! but I know I frequently exceeded my TDEE on non-fast days. You are very right to point out we need to monitor our non-fast days.

January should be easier for all of us with less social events, but let’s not get complacent on these NFDs!!

At this late hour on day one (11.30 pm UK) I can report first fast day completed – off to bed now dreaming of what I can consume tomorrow, but knowing come tomorrow I will probably not want what I dream of!!

Good work Coda on getting everyone motivated and organised – you are a sterling leader! Many thanks, Up

Hi there – well done everyone.

My first fast day went well. I had soup for lunch and soup with added veg for dinner.

I have tried to drink more water today.
    I have achieved my 10k steps and worked out at the gym.
    So pretty successful.

I am trying to resist jumping on and off the scales.
    I have a second fast day tomorrow.

I have found that the longer I go until I eat the easier I find the fast day. Once I start eating that’s all I think about.
    How do you all find your fast days?

Good news about Action – I thought he may have fasted himself away 😬😏

Good evening everyone, greetings and best wishes for 2016 from sunny New Zealand. Just wondering if I would be accepted to join this group of amazing people for the month of January.

Life in NZ has been a bit of a blur for me these last 3 weeks, apologies for my absence, family and Christmas celebrations have been pretty intense and my PC has not been very active since mid December.

I have updated our December Thread and finalised our results so anyone wanting to catch up then it’s all there from those who completed their commitment to that Thread.

CODA, you are certainly a breath of fresh air with your enthusiasm, thank you for your commitment to us.

I have completed my January FD Calendar and commit to 8 Fast Days, usually Tuesday and Thursday for me and this allows me to toss in an additional one over a weekend if I feel the need. I am also doing something very scary this week and joining my local Gym, giving that a go for 3 months to see if I can budge the last of my beer belly.

My final weigh in for December recorded a total weight reduction of 15.5kgs (34lbs) plus a total of 30cms (12inches) overall from chest, belly and hips since 1 July, so even though I missed my goal of getting under 80kgs I was pretty pleased with the total result. Physically I feel great and the fact I’m not carrying around those additional 34lbs is making life so much easier for me right now.

I am renewing my December Goal and aiming to sneak below 80kgs by 31 January, that’s 10.50lbs away after the 6lbs I have put on since 20 Dec when I stopped my FD’s before Christmas. I must admit my consumption of all things festive were not too out of control however I’m sure it was the wine and beer that did the damage rather than the food, so it’s back on the wagon during the week for the whole of January (except my Birthday next week πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Looking forward to hearing from all you wonderrful people during January, plus all the new ones in here, welcome aboard, I know CODA will take great care of us all.

Wow, just finished reading all the posts for this thread, and the best news I came across was another MALE on board.

Welcome to you BILLY BUNTER (great name). It looks like our job Bill is to keep these Ladies honest and set a male example to them that our beer bellies can compete with all the other female bits and pieces that need reducing, so it looks likes it’s up to us Mate to hold our end up for all the other men who could also be in this group. Your Profile makes interesting reading and I know you’ll get all the support you need from these Forums, so don’t hold back with any challenges you encounter along the way, we have all had our own personal challenges and you couldn’t ask for a more supportive group than this Little Voices Forum. Cheers, Mike

Bit late but may I join please? I’m planning on 12 fast days (M/W/F) for Jan Been doing fastdiet since August in same pattern and really pleased with progress so far. Didn’t do any fast days over the holidays. I did my first Jan fast day yesterday so off to a good start for the New Year.

Hi, everyone! Glad to be back! Sorry to say, so far my New Year has been anything BUT fasting! But I promise to get back in the saddle. So put me on the list, and stay on my butt, please! I am at 150.6, and put me down for a 5 lb loss this month.

Thanks, and good luck to us all.

Yeah – he is back!! You are the only one Action that can talk about female bits and pieces and get away with it – you will however be called to account when that photo is required – in your speedos was it? lol. Welcome back and well done to Billyb, Mrs Pepperpot and Jo15 on successful 1st fasts and any others I have not mentioned – and remember if you can do one you can do another and another……
    GL502 got you down for 10 fasts – this month will make a dent in the 10kg you are wanting to lose.

Welcome Lisa57 you are very welcome and I have you down as 12 fds but I see you don’t yet have a profile – go on and tell us a bit about yourself – also Fitnfast and S1u2e3 tut tut no profile yet either! It is easy to do and it gives all the nosey people (like me) some thing to read. Doesn’t have to be much but introduce yourself, where are you from and what brought you here. If you are not sure how to, just ask.

Nice to have your commitment Up and thanks.

Fitnfast this months challenge is focusing on fast days rather than a specific weight to loose – tell us how many fast days you are committing to? Hopefully you will attain your goal without thinking about it.

I too had a very good fast day yesterday better than expected actually – my class started again and I go straight from work so usually not getting home til after 9pm when I get my meal of the day but I was delayed and by the time I got home I 1. Didn’t feel hungry and 2 it was too late even to start opening a can of soup. So I just went to bed – my fast day consisted of 2 oat and pumpkin ryvita lightly spread with butter and a cup of coffee earlier in the day which is about 110 cal. I don’t usually count milk with coffee as I don’t drink a lot. I did however have a hungry tummy feeling and I was quite cold but I kept thinking my body is having to use calories to keep me warm.
    I haven’t had any tips from anyone when the mental tantrum strikes – what do you do – give in, well tomorrow is another day – or do you fight it a little and then give in lol or do you do something like run up the stairs?

Outside your comfort zone is where the magic happens – if you are feeling a little like giving in on any of your fast days – push on get past it and feel the magic!

Happy 2016 to everyone. πŸ˜€

I will be doing 2 fasts a week. Fasting on Monday and Wednesday’s. I might sneak in the occasional Friday’s as well. Minimum 8 max 10.
    Was at a friends house yesterday and I stuck to my less 500 calories and had a snack around 4pm and them dinner by 7pm I was so pleased with myself lucky they had substantial good food.
    Today has been good and sticking within My tdee so far all planned out on MFP.

Coda – It suddenly came to me “I could commit to 12 fasts” so came onto the thread to post that just now to see that YOU thought of that well before me. Shows me I truly AM a scatterbrain.

First fast of the challenge down. (actually 3rd in a row). I am pleased to say that my weight is the lowest it has been since 1979 – 156 lb.

Rommy – what a good idea in order to get the step goal achieved. I will try it ! The only thing is that we had another dump of snow and walking is hard right now. Temperature is supposed to rise now so perhaps we will get some melting.

My meals are planned for this week so no problem there.

Sorry! I didn’t get a chance to read through the whole thread! I will do 12 fast days this month.

And yep, hope the weight follows!

Last month I was doing 3 total fast days in a row! Completely, 100% not eating a thing! But then once I started eating, I was REALLY EATING! So found I was just going up and down, and up and down. Pretty stupid. Like, what was I trying to prove?? And who was I trying to impress? My cat??! Pff! She just snubs me and walks away!

Cheers Action, I’m new to the 5:2 and have been really impressed with the motivational impact of the forums. Since, I’m a newbie, I’m still working through a whole lot of information at the moment, currently having my eyes opened wide by my background reading of Sugar in our diets – thanks to Annette for passing on the reference.

I’m in this for the long run, I think I have reasonable expectations 100lbs of fat in 2 years, but curious if other people think this is realistic.

After yesterday’s fast day, I dropped 4lbs according to the scales, I assume this is water weight as the liver starts dropping its stores – so I’m curious when my body starts to burn the belly fat for real.

I’ve got a few health challenges, but starting the 5:2 is a good start to addressing the issues.

Bill.

Well done Foomsy – have you down as 8 and if you do an extra one here and there all well and good.

One step ahead of you PJBR I know you can do 12 but remember slow and steady is best – this is a way of life and something you can live with. I am slightly concerned with so many fast days. It has to be healthy and am worried what you are trying to do is not sustainable in the long term.

So Fitnfast you did your profile well done πŸ™‚ I have relatives somewhere in Pittsburgh my grandfathers brother emigrated years ago – so if you know any with Irish backgrounds they could be my relations?

Billyb I think 100lbs in two years is very doable as this works out about a lb a week (104 weeks in 2 years I think). There will be times when you will lose more and times when you may have a blip and a little gain but it is staying in there. Do you fill in the tracker on this site? I find as the weeks go by even if you have ‘little blips’ you can still see the downward trend – you can see where you where and where you are now and just keep going.

Hi Billy and welcome:

I agree with Coda that 100 pounds in two years is doable and people have reported just those results, but from experience and observation I believe it will be very hard. Everything from life events to plateaus will get in the way and give you reason to stop your efforts. But even if you don’t reach a 100 pound loss in two years, would it be OK to be down 30 pounds by this time next year, and 65 pounds down in two? And all the while knowing just how to lose more when the time is right? Would 100 pounds in 2 1/2 or 3 years be acceptable? Once you learn how 5:2 and IF in general works, you understand how you can lose and control your weight. It takes some time to get to this understanding and most people don’t last that long, but once you get there it can really change your life. If you look around this site and others dealing with IF, you constantly see people returning – saying it worked when they tried it before, they got off it for some reason, and now they are back knowing it will work again.

The goal of my comments is a hope that if you ever do determine you won’t be able to hit 100 pounds in two years, you won’t quit – you will just ‘suspend your efforts’ until the time is right to resume them. I lost 20 pounds each of my first two years experimenting with 5:2. In 2015, although I can easily stand to lose more weight, I decided to experiment with maintenance, and ended the year two pounds heavier than when I started – for me a successful maintenance result. This year, I am going to go back to the weight loss side of the ledger. It is that kind of flexibility that makes IF so powerful (and interesting).

As far as fat loss, your body will burn fat whenever it experiences a shortfall in calories. While most of your loss was water weight, some of it was fat. The math in this post will give you an idea of how much fat is burned on this and other diets given a level of calorie restriction: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

This thread will answer most of the common questions that come up with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Coda,
    I am honoured that you are worried about my long fasts. But please do not worry. I know what I am doing and will not be continuing with long fasts any longer than I need to. Shorter fasts will come along and will continue through maintenance. I have met many of my goals but my most urgent goal at the moment is to get off the medication that is, I believe, causing my hair loss. Thus the long fasts. Today by Blood Sugars readings are much lower, so the fast is working.
    Thank you again for your concern.

simcoeluv many thanks for your post, and the excellent links.

Hi BILLY B, what a great big hairy audacious goal to aim for, 100 lbs over 2 years, that’s 104 weeks or 24 months. So to make life easier for yourself break down your totals into short recognisable milestones.

100lbs in 104 weeks is 1 lb per week on average (round figures) which averaged out is 4 lbs per month. So maybe aim for 6 lbs per month for the first 3 months, it’ll come off quicker at the start. So your first short term goal could be to reduce 18 lbs by 31 March 2016 (12 weeks) Then on 1st April you reset the clock and based on how you went up to 31 March set the next milestone out to 30 June, maybe another 18 lbs. From experience we all plateau after about 3 or 4 months and it needs a reassesment of startegy to keep up the momentum. That’s when the support from the Forums really kicks in.

As Coda suggested use the Tracker on this site, it’s a great visual record of how you are going and you can see the graph line drop based on your efforts. Good luck and great to have you here. Don’t let these lovely ladies give you any cheek, there are two of us now so Guy Power is growing….. Cheers, Mike

Hi Action, good to see you back! Sounds like a social time has been enjoyed πŸŽ‰
    Thanks for posting your personal achievement on the Little Voices motivational statistics – I really find it inspiring to see at a glance how far people have come. If anyone is wondering if this WOE works, check out the page.

Fab weather we’re having β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Hi Coda I know I am a couple of days late but I am just back from holiday. Please add me to the January Challenge and my goal is to lose 5lbs. Thanks

Hi just a quick post before leaving to work. Welcome JFITZY – we are concentrating on fasts this month – give me how how many fast days you are committing to and the results will follow.
    Our intention creates our reality!

Hi Coda put me down for 9 fasts please. Thanks 😊

Happy New year Coda and all you Little Voices! Sorry I have been away from my computer over Christmas (deliberately as it takes up so much time and I wanted to enjoy family and friends). I am back and would love to join the January challenge. I had a bit of a blip in December with a small weight gain, but I have been building muscle and my clothes are getting baggier and baggier – I always stuck to my fast days but it was what I did in between which I am sure was the reason! ;-). I am deliberately not stepping on the scales til this Saturday as I don’t want to depress myself. However I did continue going to the gym throughout Christmas and was back to 5:2 on the 4th January. I am planning on doing 3 fast days a week from 2nd January to Saturday 23rd January (a total of 8 days) when I will post my results (I won’t be around after the 23rd for the following 2 weeks as I am off skiing – lots of exercise but definitely not going to be able to fast over those weeks). Wishing you all lots of luck, will weigh in this Saturday after a good week. Oh and I am planning on cutting right back on the wine til my holiday, and will only drink if I go out socially, the wine cellar is well and truly padlocked!!
    Good luck everybody, and here’s to a healthy and even slimmer 2016. My goal is to be safely well and truly back under 11 stone by my 51st Birthday mid-February and under 10 for the summer!!!!!

PS: Just realised whilst reading through my post before sending how interesting it is to really consider your goals as I actually checked my diary to count the fast days I was planning and then re-considered my goals to ensure that they were realistic, no point fooling yourself. I love the honesty of this group, and also the fact that I looked forward to getting back to it after Christmas. Started this WOE in July last year and have remained focussed all the way through and accepting that birthdays, rugby, christmas can happen and don’t mean you have to give up and go back to the old ways. This way is now the old way!!!

Hi another quick catch up – good to have you back again lifesabeach have you down for 8 and Fitzy 9 fast days. Well done S1 on updating your profile – so you are a northern lass then!

2nd fast day for me this week – as no one else has put any tips I will give one of mine if I feel a mental tantrum coming on – this is where you want the things you don’t really want to have. I go to the office loo and do 10 standing press ups against the door and 10 squats – usually followed by a drink of water back at my desk. That usually is enough to stop the mental tantrum and I carry on. What do you do?

Lifesabeach so true, there is always something going on birthdays, anniversary’s and holidays but with this WOL you can work round them. So many people put such restrictions to their eating then when it comes to celebrations they don’t know how to get round it so they fall off the wagon, feel a failure and so it begins again! Been there done that etc. This was the first Christmas in a long time I enjoyed the odd chocolate, mince pie, Christmas cake etc but felt in more control than ever. Not only the old way but the way forward.

Ha ha Coda I can just picture you in the loo doing squats and press ups!! If I think I am going to eat something that I shouldn’t (usually when I am in the kitchen preparing dinner) I go out for a 5 minute walk and by the time I come back the feeling has passed me by. Or I make a cup of tea and to into another room and read a couple of chapters of my book πŸ™‚

I’m late to the party as usual
    I can commit to 7 fast days, first one being tomorrow then Monday and Wednesday from next week.
    Did 5-2 last year and lost 28lb, sadly I’ve found a few of those lost pounds as I strayed from WOE from the beginning of November.

Hi Coda – I like so many others, find my fast days the easiest of all as long as I have planned what I am going to eat in advance. Whilst I love home cooking and virtually never buy ready meals, I do find that good quality fresh soups or meals such as ‘count on us’ from Marks & Sparks a real safety zone if I am finding it hard. Like you exercise is the main helper – I actually target my fast days with doing a class at the gym. Eg: I go to a spinning class on Mons, Weds and Friday mornings, so no need to eat til I get home at around midday, I always have porridge weighed out and ready to cook as soon as I get in, then a meal planned for the evening. ANother thing I find good is to go to the cinema in the evening sometimes if I am finding it hard, that takes my mind off it. And borrowing a dog to take for a walk is another good one. I’ve decided I am not going to do too many back to back fasts anymore however, as I find my sleep patterns (which are pretty rubbish anyway) deteriorate further, and I wake up genuinely hungry through the night and feeling jittery, it also leads me to eat to much on my normal days. So ideally M, W & F suit me best with the occasional extra thrown in at the weekend if I have overdone it.

Hi Coda,
    Sorry for being late to this party. I am committing to 11 fast days in January – Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 weeks and 2 days for on of the weeks.
    Starting weight 235.
    Sticking to my TDEE on non-fast days is my biggest challenge, so I am glad you put that in as the goal, rather than actual weight lost.
    I got myself a Fitbit for the New Year too.
    Two days of fasting completed this week.

Thanks again for organizing and motivating us!

Hello Coda,

Sorry for being a bit late but wondered if I might be able to join as well? I plan on doing 2 fasts per week for the whole of Jan, with maybe an extra thrown in.

My first fast day was Monday, my second was today. Monday and Wednesdays will generally be my days.

Believe it or not this is now the third time I’ve “started” the Fast diet – I had good results both other times but came unstuck when I couldn’t keep losing so I’m hoping that staying accountable will mean that I actually stick to it.

Hello all, How’s is it going for all the Wednesday fasters?
    I am finding it a bit difficult today, just wanting to eat but i am still within calories have been so tempted allday. Been drinking lots of warm water and coffee, got a headache as well. But i will stick with it and look forward to dinner in about 2hours. It will be an early night. Hope others are feeling better than i am.

Hi Everyone – welcome to our new members Little dragon who has committed to 8 fasts – I see you haven’t put anything on your profile – go on introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself – where are you from etc. Welcome also to Jayne.Lizzy who I see has also not put anything on your profile – go on it helps us all get to know you a bit better and SDS you will be forgiven for being late only if you put some information on your profile lol.

Foomsy – just keep that picture of you in mind when in May 10 kgs lighter – picture where you are, what you are wearing and how good you will feel. Headaches if they get too much I think better to take a headache tablet rather than feel bad all day – could be either a sign of too little water or just your body adjusting to the reduced sugar we have got used to taking in over the festive season. It should pass in a day or two. An early night in these early days is no bad thing either. Think why do you want to eat too – are you bored, is it just that you are used to eating ‘nice’ things? What can you do to change this mindset. What about when you think nice things you would like to eat, you think something horrible about it – said item covered in maggots? I guy I know has a thing about out of date items – even if the food is fine it goes in the bin – so if he is tempted by cakes in the office or something he thinks they are are out date and it puts him off right away? What other ideas can anyone come up with?

The first step to success is believing in yourself – remember that everyone!

Just been for my first run of 2016 and first since 4 December 2015. I like to run on my fast days as I think if I haven’t eaten many calories my body is getting the energy from my fat stores. Went easy on myself seeing it has been a while and according to mapmyrun ran 3.94km and used 407 cals so quite pleased. Now I never use these calories to eat even though myfitnesspal kindly adds them on for me to use but I save them and think I have even more of a deficit. So in reality for my fast day today I had estimated 428 calories total – I have used 407 running so I have only taken in 21 cals! Anyone else use mapmyrun? Anyone else do couch to 5 k?

Keep going everyone! You can do it – visualise how you will feel when you are able to post a 100% success for this week how pleased you will be. Sometimes if I feel a little wobble I think what I would feel like if I had to come on here and confess I didn’t fulfill my commitment – wow not only would I feel I let you guys down as team leader this month but I would feel I let me down. So that keeps me going. I want that moment of saying YES I succeeded this week!

Ok Croda I’ve completed my profile so can I join the party now pleeeaaasee

Hi all

2nd fast day done and the hardest one in ages. Felt soooo hungry and was well hydrated so instead of waiting until evening like I would normally, gave in at lunchtime and had some grapes and a low cal cup a soup then adjusted my evening meal. Thats a result for me: to stay in control and not just say ‘b****r it’ and promise to add another FD later in week instead. Even spent time this evening cooking up meals for next few days without sneaking any. Fingers crossed the next FD will be easier.

Lol Jayne. count yourself included in our party and very well done so far!
    Lisa well done on a result and for getting prepared and planning ahead. You did it and stuck to your committed fast but still no profile????

Reading all the posts above from various people, one thing comes through loud and clear and this should be encouraging to all newbies to this 5:2 WOL. And that is if you are conscientious with your plan and stick to your 2 or 3 fast days every week plus don’t exceed your TDEE on non fast days then the weight will fall off you in a very regular and smart way of weight control.

Personally, I achieved a new low weight mile stone before Christmas and was very happy with my efforts however I knew that over Christmas & New Year I would slip back 2 or 3 kilos because I was not going to restrict myself with my Festive activities which always were going to involve good food, fine wine and extended family activities, plus of course a few rounds of social golf.

My gain was 2.9kgs (6.4 lbs) as at 3 Jan. Today after 2 fast days since the 3 Jan (plus today is my 3rd fast day for the week) I have recovered half of the 6lbs gain and would anticipate that by this time next week I’ll be back to my pre Christmas weight. So the moral to my story is by having confidence in this WOL it will treat you as well as you expect it to and we mustn’t get too despondent when we have our little “blips” in the weight tracker graph. I would have been miserable if I had not enjoyed my Christmas/New year social activities to the extent I did. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t binge with food or alcohol at any stage but neither did I hold back. I did everything in the knowledge that recovery in early January would be easy and I would be back on track on my plan by 11 January.

So people, make sure you still enjoy life while on your journey to skinny. If you are continually feeling that 5:2 WOL is making you miss out on all things enjoyable in life then reassess your plan. Make sure you do have some personal rewards built into your plan so it doesn’t dominate every day of your life and you live in fear that “if I eat this little treat will it set me back a whole week?” or thoughts to that effect. Set up your Daily food diary on My Fitness Pal, it lets you keep track on non fast days.

Great words af advice above CODA, thoughts are things and our thoughts turn into reality, like it or not, so if we all think positively then positive results will happen in our life. If we think we can or we can’t then we are right, so everyone think “we can” and guess what???

LISA: Fast Days get a lot easier, the body (and your mind) adjusts to your new WOL, make sure you stay busy on a FD, don’t sit and dwell on your empty tummy feelings or else that little voice in your mind will put nasty thoughts into your head and you may give in to it.

Take care everyone, keep posting your thoughts, thanks again CODA for looking after us so well and we’ll all be better people for our efforts, because we are all amazing people and we know this new WOL will add years to our lives for us to enjoy. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Home again after a couple of weeks of visiting friends and relations over New Year. Strangely enough (ha ha) my planned two fast days this week have been a complete disaster. I won’t go in to the gory details but suffice to say I am duly annoyed with myself. Today is going MUCH better and I seem to have found my “fasting mojo”again, though we have visitors at the weekend and that will be another matter. Three fast days planned for next week after they leave.

CODA, thanks for prompting ideas about diverting the eating impulse. All helpful however if someone could help me with those days when I am my own bloody minded worst enemy and eat it anyway, I’d be grateful!!

Welcome to all the new Little Voices – great to see so many on board and committed.

First fast of 2016 started today.
    Last night I measured myself which is a great way of keeping track of inch loss even if the scales are not moving. Also planned my food for the day which I need to keep me focused, today at work I have 2 hard boiled eggs plus carrot and celery sticks. Evening meal will be roast chicken (left over from last night) with veg.

Fortunately I’m busy at work which means I am constantly moving around which will help me keep my mind off food and stop me from sitting on my a$$ all day

Have a great fasting day everyone

Hello Coda and the rest of you lovely lot.

I’ve now filled out my profile so hopefully that gives you a bit of background on me.

Fasts now completed for the week, they went well. I had a beef salad for dinner on Monday (saved all calories for the evening), and sushi for dinner last night.

Looking forward to seeing some results and getting back on track for the new year.

Fast day 2 of 9 Checkin:

Sticking with the simple porridge and skimmed milk for calories today, as it worked fine on Monday. Really proud of my control on non fast days, Cals consumed are within TDEE, with plenty of good lean protein and vegetables.

Watched “That Sugar Movie” on Amazon Prime, it’s going to help me make more informed nutritional choices. Thoroughly recommend it.

Planned 10km Row today as exercise,

Feeling good overall, looking forward to a successful day.

Bill

Hi
    Well done Lisa, Little Dragon and SDS who now have some information on their profiles πŸ™‚ and well done Lisa for already doing so well in losing so much already – Keep up the good work! Little Dragon you could well be our little baby of Little voices! I have over the years had some success after each of my babies to loose the weight gained but the last 10-15 years has seen a gradual increase that just seemed so difficult to shift. Loose a few lbs gain them back again and so it went – until I found this plan. This is my second attempt at 5:2 and when I found once again I was back where I started I came back to the plan and was prepared to give it another go – I re-read the book but the difference I think this time round is this forum. I have enjoyed my virtual friends, the encouragement when things did not go to plan, the praise when they did. Even the mention of my name gave me a lift. People in the same boat! I hope both old and new members all find Little Voices a useful tool in achieving our ultimate goal – of being healthy and happy. This month in trying (hopefully) to motivate my virtual friends I am motivating myself. One more fast tomorrow and that is 3 out of 12 done, one week completed. However as much as I need and enjoy the support, I have realised that it is up to me, only me that can make the correct decisions to begin to design the body I want.

Chipmunk – days when you just can’t get into it at all are difficult. You know what you should do but the mind is not focused at all. I know at times the idea becomes overpowering and I just say to pot with it – have what I wanted. I generally feel not as good as I thought I would and with the added guilt of being a failure etc I wonder time and time again WHY? We have probably all been there done that. I think you just have to put it behind you and start again. As long as you keep trying is the main thing and it will come, you do get back on track – I hope you are still having a good fast day today. I think once you get one over, it falls into place again. The important thing is don’t ruin a good day today by thinking of a bad day yesterday. Remember how far you have come sometimes helps to re-focus the mind. I know after Christmas I had a few days where I tried a fast day only to give up – head just not in the right place. However I knew Monday had to be the day I succeeded – I had been preparing for a few days and my mind was in focused on the next part of my journey. So hopefully once you get one done successfully, the others will follow. Enjoy your visitors, and have a good laugh and back to the next fast day when they leave.

If at first you don’t succeed – call it version 1 and move on to version 2! This is my version 2!

Hi LD great to have you here! I have been on this thread for a few months now and it is great. Like you I look forward to reaching goal in 2016! πŸ™‚ x

Hi Coda

I have updated my profile!

πŸ™‚

Hi – just read through the last few posts, loved hearing that our esteemed Action Hero even ‘enjoyed’ Christmas a little, I feel less guilty now – ha ha – why do so many of us do it to ourselves?! Coda is so right, sometimes we just cant follow the plan, we fall off the wagon, then feel rotten, then we do it again…. still I do seem to be doing this less these days and like you Coda, was so ready to get back on Monday. 2 fasts down and one more tomorrow and that’s week 1 done. Been very mindful of what’s going in my mouth on my NFDs too. Already my digestive system has settled down, no heartburn or bloat, feel more energy, feel slimmer, feel good! It surely feels so much better than overindulging? I just need to keep reminding myself of this when a bottle of wine and some tasty nibbles are calling my name……..Have promised myself a new pair of ski trousers before I go away end of Jan, and I am not interested in them unless they are a size 14 or under! (there I’ve said it)

Hi JF – I saw that you and Third Time Lucky were on this thread so I thought I’d come over for some motivation!

Coda thanks for the welcome, it’s good to hear that I’m not the only one who’s been up and down with my weight. And you are so right – you can get support from people on the forum but at the end of the day it’s up to you to make the right choices to get the body and lifestyle you want. That bit really resonated with me!

Lifeisabeach26 – totally agree with you and Coda, but I think it’s human nature to binge, beat ourselves up and then fall off the wagon and bury our heads. I am guilty of having done this too often!!

Hi All

I just love these positive posts – good for you lifesabeach I look forward to hearing when those ski pants are in your possession! What about getting a photo of those ski pants and sticking it up around the house, bathroom and kitchen are good places as a reminder of what you will be buying before you go skiing.

JFitzy 28 July it is then – good luck – how much have you lost and do you want to tell us your goal?

Bethel and a few others we haven’t heard from you to say if you have completed any fasts, if things haven’t worked out don’t worry. Post in and say what went wrong, we are all human – if things are going well tell us anyway so we can give you a pat on the back! Remember no matter your past, your future is spotless!

Ask yourself everyone, if what your are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow, next week, next month, or 28 July (JFitzy)lol. Ask that everyday of yourself – and don’t forget visualise – Lifesabeach I hope you can see in your mind you wearing the particular colour you want – and you can see yourself on the slopes wearing those ski pants. Flip I don’t even know what you look like but I see someone wearing ski pants with lots of snow in the background. I didn’t know you wore one of those furry hats? lol

Keep up the good work folks x

Did it! Got my s*** together and had a good fast day yesterday. You could’ve knocked me over with a feather this morning (first weigh-in since before Christmas) and found no real damage done over the holiday period. I am only 500gms (just over a pound) up on what I was at the end of the Christmas Challenge. Just the boost I need to see me through 9 more fast days this month.

CODA, LITTLE DRAGON and LIFESA, thanks for your words. First off, I know I’m not the only one who does this dumb stuff some days and it helps to put it in perspective. Second, like you CODA, this forum is what is making the difference to me. Encouragement and accountability – I know no-one will judge me, but it is the personal accountability I feel to be honest with the forum that often keeps me on the straight and narrow. Thanks all.

PS – CODA I’ve updated my profile.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 340 total)

You must be logged in to reply.