Life insurance – high cholesterol

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Life insurance – high cholesterol

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shan888 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I am suffering from high cholesterol and have been trying applying fast diet for the last couple of months.

As a completely clueless individual looking for advice from someone OTHER THAN an insurance agent, I was wondering if anyone could give me some sound advice as to what type, and how much, life insurance I should have. Can I do it online?
    What sites are reputable to use? Does my cholesterol condition has any impact on the terms – according to this site http://www.insurancehero.org.uk/types/high-cholesterol-and-high-blood-pressure-life-insurance.html
    – yes, it does affect my terms.
    My DD is looking into this and got a quote from one site and they are basically harassing her. She asked for my opinion about life insurance in general which I will give her when I see her soon. I did tell her not to purchase from the person harassing her.

I can tell you what I know about Australian processes, I assume there will be some similarities.
    There will be some insurances that have automatic acceptance, and often higher limits to what you can take out, but will have an exclusion on claiming for any pre-existing condition, either for a period of time or indefinitely.
    If you go to a place where they Underwrite (look at your medical history etc) they can choose to include or exclude conditions. Check the fine print on these still.
    Exclusions can generally be reviewed if you have sustained evidence of improvement, but the exclusion will remain forever otherwise.
    Underwritten policies are often obtained via an agent of financial planner.

The products being sold by an agent or financial adviser/planner are much harder to obtain without their assistance, but it is possible, and can be much cheaper. One thing to note with insurance is that when filling in forms or obtaining requirements short cuts don’t work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.