Let's Lose 12 lbs Together – Be my fasting buddy!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Let's Lose 12 lbs Together – Be my fasting buddy!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  foodfreedomgirl 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hey guys,

I had a rough year (my story below) and I’ve gained 17 lbs. I’m finally better, but my summer clothes don’t fit and I’m not feeling so hot. I find fast days hard but if I can commit with a team and I can find someone to go through the hard days with me, maybe it will make it a bit easier. If you would like to post your days and follow me posting mine, challenges and all I would really love the peer support.

My story: I gained about 27 lbs in the last year and a half. I was running way too much and ended up fracturing my heel in 2 places. By the end of the 2 months in a cast I just finished school (undergrad) and moved to Ottawa (for my masters in biomedical engineering). My boyfriend and I broke up, so I was alone in a cast in a new city (15 lbs gained). I managed to lose some of it but then got sick and the treatment included steroid (add back all I lost). After about 3 months โ€œhealthyโ€, I had lost some but then there was an accident and I was in bed with a concussion for another 3 months. I managed to keep my 93% average but not a happy weight or life. I lost 10 of what I gained as soon as I was able to start walking again. This puts me where I am now, 17lbs gained.

My goals: I am currently 5โ€™6 and 147 lbs and my goal is to get to 135 lbs. Which means my goal will be to lose 12 lbs. In the month of June, I would like to implement fasting (Iโ€™ve done some before) to lose 5-7lbs by the end of the month.

Today’s Fasting Update:

It’s currently 4pm and I’m getting a bit hungry and tired. I’d like to grab some coffee but the cafe at the lab closes at 3 pm. I know I can eat normally tomorrow, which means I just have to make it through but I feel like when I finally get home, I may break. I am stuck at the lab doing research until the experiment is done. The lack of control over my day often sends me on a spiral.

What are you emotional triggers? How has fasting changed the way you see your relationship with food?

Hi beautifulmess!

I’d love to track with you, though I may not log on every day. I find that over time I struggle to be quite that consistent. I started fasting in the fall of 2017, dabbled with it for a couple of months, lost a couple of pounds and then stopped. A few months ago I started again, but stopped about 6 weeks ago as I entered the final stages of 1/2 marathon training and psyched myself out a little bit. The half was on the 20th, so I’m ready to plug back in. I fasted one day last week and with the holiday Monday (USA) I thought I would only fast one day this week, but I decided to try to challenge myself to switch up my days and go for two. I think I’ll make it just fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

When my youngest was 2 (10 years ago!) I joined weight watchers to lose 20 pounds which I did, and have basically kept off with just a few pounds fluctuation over the years. I started running at that time and I am pretty confident that has been the main influence to me keeping off that 20 pounds give-or-take. However, in all the years and though all the races I haven’t really ever made any lasting progress beyond that. I ultimately would like to go for 125. I am 5’5″ and 147. I don’t have a timeline that I have to get there by, but I’m sure tired of lose 3 gain 3. ๐Ÿ™‚

I fasted yesterday, with one meal around 3:00 PM. It’s just what worked best with my schedule for that day. Typically I do one meal at dinnertime with the family. I am in the process of switching jobs and my schedule is crazy right now so I’m only aiming to work out 3x a week, but I know that if I follow the intention of the plan I can still lose while doing this. I’d love to follow your progress!

Hi @foodfreedomgirl,

Thanks for replying! Yes, I may not post everyday but every week for sure and maybe more on fast days.

I definitely understand what you are saying about doing it for a while and then falling off for a while. It’s also probably great to not set a strong timeline and just keep trying until you reach your 125 lb goal. Which you will! It takes the pressure off and makes it just a lifestyle.

I just set a timeline for myself because I am just feeling so down about the gain, it felt so out of my control given the circumstances. I also just want to feel comfortable again. I’ve read weight gain associated with specific disruptions comes off a bit easier though, I’m hoping since it’s not weight I’ve carried forever it will be an advantage.

Yesterday, I ran 5Km (3 miles haha USA uses miles correct?) and didn’t eat anything breaking the 32 hour fast this morning with eggs! I feel pretty good and by yesterday evening I wasn’t tired at all. Today I plan to eat normally and then fast again tomorrow. I was so full just after egg though!

Yeah, I believe even with 3 days at the gym you will keep losing ๐Ÿ™‚ weight is mainly reliant on diet and the exersize is a bonus!

It was great to hear from you, keep me up to date with how its going for you!

I think it’s just fine to have a goal date! I don’t because I have set too many and then fell off the wagon. I am taking this one fast at a time, trying hard to see long term. I want weight loss, but I want so much more!

I am on my second fast of the week. Typically I have dinner, but I am out with my daughter at a school event and won’t be home until after 8 pm, so I may take the opportunity to just do a 36 hour fast. I have a run planned with a friend first thing in the morning, and wonder how that will feel. I have run 24 hours fasted before and felt light and amazing, but I have never pushed it longer than that. I am running with a friend who isn’t really fast/aggressive though so it could be a good time to see.

Yes, we do track in miles here, but our races are more often 5k’s or 10 k’s, so I am pretty familiar with those too. Congratulations on one fast day down and best of luck for tomorrow!

Rachel

Where are you beautifulmess? Hang in there! You can so this! Maybe you are doing great and just busy, maybe you are struggling. Either way I have been there, will be there again. Check in. We can do this!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.