Ladies in their 20's?

This topic contains 109 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  Helenlouise90 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 101 through 111 (of 111 total)

• Ok so today is my second fasting of the week and I normally find it really easy to fast and don’t even give it a second thought.. however after my 6 mile run this morning I am HUNGRY.. I have had an apple so far and I have a Quorn salad with jelly for my lunch.. trying to drink lots of squash and green tea to keep me full but I think today is going to be a struggle!

So weigh in was on Sunday and from my previous weigh in of 141 I weighed 139.6!! Finally in the 9 stone bracket!! Although Sundays tend to be a massive struggle for me as they are my families treat day. I tried to be good and have strawberries covered in a little bit of chocolate as it was my non fasting day – however it slowly turned into a packet of biscuits and some chocolate covered rice cakes! Annoyed as the rest of the day was so well! Even had limited potatoes on my roast dinner so it was mainly vegetables! I am having a fasting day today to try and limit the damage and still planning on training every day this week. I was going to fast tomorrow as well as Thursday – 3 fasts in one week – would you recommend this or would you suggest to keeping it as 2 fasts and still keeping my non fasting days to under my TDEE?

Thanks in advance!

Hey! It’s me again πŸ™‚ How are you girls doing?

So after losing 7lbs from June to July, I stopped doing 5:2. Mostly because I was worried about other people’s reactions when they noticed me not eating on fasting days. (I am sensing a pattern here!) I didn’t go too crazy in those 2-ish months since stopping. My clothes still fit more or less the same, which is nice.

Since mid-September I’ve been travelling solo, which I am finding to be a much better environment. At the end of my third week it already seems that my clothes are a little looser. I’m not doing strenuous exercise/workouts, but keeping busy during the day. I’m generally feeling pretty great. Plus you can really save some money – handy for a shoe-string traveller!

I’m planning to keep on keeping on, and see where I get to. If I manage to last until Christmas / January, I’d probably be around my goal size (those old jeans!). But I’m guessing there’ll be some bumps along the path, and that’s ok. No hurry πŸ™‚

I’ve noticed that it’s much easier for me to go through the fast day on water and herbal tea, with a small evening meal. Fasting doesn’t seem to be as challenging this far – it’s not easy, but it’s not tough either, and is not impacting my energy or enthusiasm. I have a feeling that the next week or so are going to be much harder for fasting though. Does anyone else find it harder at that time of the month? (Or the week before?)

Hello all,

So after my trip, I’m feeling a bit slimmer! I got back last week, and looked back through my records to when I started losing weight in May, and I’ve lost nearly 11.5 inches total (waist, thighs and hips).

I have no idea how much I weigh. As long as the inches are going down, I’m happy!

It’s a slow journey, but I don’t have much to lose. Fasting has become much easier. I’m dabbling in 4:3, which I quite like. Usually 1 “fast” day ends up being a little higher (~7-900). I don’t count calories on non-fast days, so it’s nice to have a “spare” fast day to offset any indulgences. (And if 1 fast day is a non-starter, you have the other 2 to fall back on.)

This is my 4th consecutive week of 4:3. Although I’m guessing it won’t be so easy to fit them in come December…

Also been trying out 16:8 on non-fast days, which I think fits me pretty well (not much of a breakfast person). It helps me to stop overdoing it on NFD; a substantial brunch and a good evening meal seem to be enough, without the mid-morning munchies.

TL;DR
    β€’ 2 proper FD (500 kcal) and 1 higher FD (~7-900 kcal) a week (mostly just dinner)
    β€’ 16:8 quite a bit on NFD (i.e. just lunch and dinner)
    β€’ progress is slow but sure
    β€’ feeling good! Hoping the festive season continues this way

Hello all,

This week I have “lost” a quarter inch around my waist (other measurements the same). And yet I seem to have lost 2lbs? No idea what that’s about.

To date, have lost 12.2 lbs, and total 10.5 inches. It’s taken a pretty long time, but feeling great!

Hi there I’m 23, I’m going to start this diet tomorrow, I’m tired of being overweight and want to slim down from a 14 to a size 10. I’m only overweight by a few kgs but I want to feel good as well as look good. My aim is to loose 2 and a bit stone by September. I’m hoping this diet/lifestyle will be the one. Loving this forum for People my age. X

Hi EllieOB! Good luck on your journey! Hope the fasting goes well. It gets easier the more you do it πŸ™‚

Hi ladies! I am 28 and had a baby 6 months ago, really wanting to get my post baby body back, tone up and feel good about my body again. Started with a fast yesterday! Would love to follow along with you girls for encouragement and advice

Hi all,
    So I last posted on here like 3 years ago πŸ™ˆ Pretty much sacked in dieting since then but I’ve piled on a few pounds over the last couple of years and feeling a bit crappy about it. My boyfriend and I are going to Thailand in March and both have some post-Christmas pounds to shed so we’re doing the 5:2 together. I’m hoping this’ll make it easier than last time as I have a diet buddy!
    Just finished my second fast day of my first week. The first fast was HARD, I couldn’t stop thinking about food and had a banging headache. But today was super easy!
    I’m not weighing or even measuring as I’m trying to avoid getting obsessive about it. I’m just going to go with how I look and how my clothes fit. Looking forward to seeing how we all go – some great stories on this thread already.

Hello Daniwalsh! Congratulations on your new baby πŸ™‚ I hope things are going well for you. How are you finding 5:2 so far?

Hello Helenlouise90! Welcome back. Thailand sounds amazing! How long are you going for? Glad the fasting is going better now – the first one is horrible right 😣

I started exercising a little while ago – don’t think it’s helping with losing inches, but definitely worth it for the feeling you get afterwards!

To date, have lost roughly 16lbs and 12.5 inches total… What a difference 8 months makes!

Thanks eskimogirl! We’re going for 2 weeks, I can’t wait!
    On my second fast of the second week today and so far it’s fine, so much easier than the first time!
    Both myself and my boyfriend felt slightly thinner after the first week, I’m sure my clothes were a tiny bit roomier – not sure if it was just wishful thinking or water weight or whatever.
    I do intend to do more exercise too, more for health reasons than anything else.
    You’ve made amazing progress, definitely an inspiration to keep it up!

Viewing 11 posts - 101 through 111 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply.