Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,501 through 4,550 (of 7,277 total)

• Morning/evening all,

It’s Monday so it must be a FD.

I’m getting rather fed up with the cold/cough that doesn’t want to leave although thankfully I don’t feel unwell, but I’m very tired, sleeping 10 hours every night.

I made soda bread yesterday. I used half buckwheat and half plain flour and was very pleased with the result. I have stashed the remainder in the freezer.

I also made a very good mushroom ragout which I ate with polenta and lots of lovely seasonal veggies. I’ve eaten much more meat and fish than usual over the past month so this week I’m aiming to get back to my normal diet.
    Today’s FD dinner will be dry fried polenta with spicy tomato sauce and veggies.

Have a good one everybody 😜

I woke up, this morning, fully expecting my fast would fail. Here I am, about to go to bed. Water and coffee only, until a leafy salad (home grown greens) and smoked salmon tonight. Somehow I made it. 😊
    Hunger doesn’t build and build, it just comes in waves. The trick is to ride those waves with confidence.
    Enjoy your Monday fast Amazon. P

Hi everyone,

It’s a beautiful day here, blue sky, sunshine and an estimate of 21C.

I went to the gym this morning and am now trying to decide if I should make the most of the weather and go out for a walk or get on with DIY.
    Tomorrow is forecast to be 24C with more wall to wall sunshine and I’m going to Richmond Park with a friend so I’ll probably do some DIY 😇

I’m new to this (3 weeks in – down 15 lbs). Question – even on fasting days does anyone have a light snack? 1 cup popcorn or celery sticks?

thanks.

Amazon,

So, did the weather or the DIY win yesterday?!

We’ve got 20c and sunshine forecast here today 😁 I know it’s one day only, but I’m going to enjoy it!

I fasted yesterday. After hitting a very low weight earlier this summer, and not needing to particularly watch what I ate, I have now put back on those 3kg and do now need to start fasting/ eating mindfully again. Drat 😔

Cntryfolk,

How you eat on fast days is entirely up to you. A lot of longer-term fasters choose not to eat at all during the day and have one meal in the evening, as eating nothing is easier than eating a small something and stopping. But if you want to split your calorie allowance into a number of meals/ snacks, you can. It’s really about finding what works and is sustainable for you. Good luck!

Morning/evening all,

Happy,

I finished stripping the wallpaper and then made the most of the sun streaming in through the window by reclining on the sofa and examining the insides of my eyelids 😉

My jeans are too tight which is a reflection of how things have been for quite some time. I started ADF on Monday and have set myself a target loss for mid December. I have so much DIY to do that it’ll take me until then to finish it so there will be little opportunity for boredom which is my worst enemy.
    Fingers crossed I can stick to the plan. The jeans of shame are hanging up in full view…..

It’s a lovely day here and I’m looking forward to getting out in the fresh air. I seem to have finally shaken off the cough/cold and am raring to go!

Morning/evening all,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45814659

Become a flexitarian and help save the planet………

It’s a tough ask to convince those of us who aren’t already on board.

Amazon,

I saw that study reported online in the Guardian yesterday and have downloaded the original article. I thought of Barata 😀

As you say though, changing peoples’ behaviour will be the challenge. It seems to me that humans as a species are too stupid and too selfish to make any effort to live sustainably (for the sake of the other inhabitants or future humans) ☹️ People don’t like to be told what do to by government but aren’t prepared to take personal responsibility. We’re doomed, doomed… !

I hope your ADF is going well, and shows on the scales. I’m going to be doing another 24 hour fast Thurs-Fri, but Friday evening’s meal won’t come in at under 500 calories (I’m going to visit my Dad, Feeder-in-Chief).

We had a glorious day yesterday, up to 23! With warm light winds and sunshine… I’m beginning to think I should be flying south for the winter!

Happy, here in the south of France…… rain, rain, rain.
    Don’t fly south here for winter

Fast day for me too today- veges at 5pm will be the only meal

Enjoy visiting your feeder in chief

Thanks Wiwi!

The rain has started with us today, and tomorrow/Saturday look appalling. The drought is a distant memory already!

Hi everyone,

It was lovely this morning but the sky looks rather threatening so I’ll need to rescue my washing before it gets an extra rinse!

(rushes off into garden…..)

Happy,

My ADF has already shown on the scales even though yesterday’s 500 calories consisted of a slice of coffee cake and an apple 🤣

I didn’t want to be swapping days when I’d only started on Monday so tea and cake at Pembroke Lodge in Richmond Park went ahead as planned after a really nice walk on a hot and sunny day which felt like July but looked like October (sun low in the sky at 2pm and autumn leaves in all their glory 😎

It was quite funny sitting listening to other café users. The terrace outside the café (which affords stunning views) was very busy and free tables difficult to find. Everyone who came out of the door with a tray of goodies complained to their companion(s) about how many people were there and that there was nowhere to sit. Pot? kettle? 😆

Parents just cannot help but show their love by stuffing us with food can they?

I’ve had a busy and productive day so far. I went to the garden centre this morning when the sun was shining and bought some beautiful purple pansies and white cyclamen to replace some very tired looking busy lizzies and petunias that have flowered prolifically and continuously since the middle of May. The front of the house and my window box now look much nicer. The back garden can wait until next week.

I had an appointment with the sofa man earlier. Back in 1988 I had 2 sofas made and they are due to be reupholstered for the second time. I had no idea what I wanted or even what colour but as soon as I saw the fabric sample I knew it was the one 😉

They’ve got a sale on so are very busy which means the work won’t be done until the new year but I’m not in a hurry and it means I can get the diy done in the rest of the flat before then.
    It does mean that I might change my choice of paint for the living room walls as the current colour doesn’t look quite right with the fabric.

It’s raining ☔

Wiwi,

sorry your holiday is a bit wet. I hope it cheers up soon. I’m sure you’ll still be having a good time even if the sun doesn’t shine.

Your day sounds great, Amazon. We are actually at home(French home), so let it rain who cares. We went out walking, just in the village, to collect walnuts and chesnuts and it is certainly warm.

I read your article about flexitarianism. It seems like common sense.

Thanks also for the link to the discussion about sober October. Yes I am glad I am doing it. Our grape vines are just dripping with grapes at their peak.
    Any ideas what we can do with them, not involving sugar?

I made a cauliflower korma using a Guardian recipe, and in fact added grapes to it. My mouth is still tingling from the cardamon. Here is the link:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2018/oct/06/meera-sodha-recipe-caulliflower-korma-vegan

It will be even better tomorrow when the flavours have merged.
    A good fast today and another tomorrow.

Wiwi

Hi Wiwi,

I always enjoy reading Meera Sodha’s recipes and I love cauliflower curry so I’ll definitely be trying it some time soon. I always make curries the day before I want to eat them as they are so much better once the ingredients have had time to get to know each other 😁

A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus she noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat. This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved again.

The man seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.

The case came up in court. The judge asked the man (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself.
    The young man replied, Well your Honor, it was like this: When the lady got on the bus, I couldn’t help but notice her condition. She sat down under a sign that said, “The Double Mint Twins are coming” and I grinned.

Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, “Logan’s Liniment will reduce the swelling”, and I had to smile. Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign that said, “William’s Big Stick Did the Trick”, and I could hardly contain myself.

BUT, Your Honor, when she moved the fourth time and sat under a sign that said, “Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident”, I just lost it.

“CASE DISMISSED!!”
    Happy Weekend Fast Trackers..

LOL, d**ged ads, RT! Wonder what he was sitting under, ‘Wanted!’?

I can’t help thinking, Wi, that having an alcohol-free month during harvest is punishing yourself too much 🙂

Happy, I am far from a convinced carnivore – back into home-made muesli again, dithering to no good effect with weight creeping up. October is my busiest month at work, and my sleep is playing up again, so I am going to wait a few weeks to seriously address it. Still just having two meals a day, low carb and restrained, so 5:2 is not keeping my weight in maintenance.

I am so pleased that I got an urgent job finished yesterday and could take today off in the usual fashion, as winter has returned with a vengeance. We won’t get to double temperature figures today or tomorrow as an icy Antarctic blast or two racing up the islands – the thermometer is sitting at 8.4! It was a challenge to stay dry (nearly) getting the groceries. Chore done now though.

Happy Friday, all.

I love your joke, RT. Thanks for the Friday laugh.

Yes, Barata, our grapes will go largely unharvested, but in the rest of Southern France they were harvested a few weeks ago. I am used to Sober October, though I may have to go on stand-by next weekend.

With rainy autumn here, we decided this morning to take a three-day trip to Palermo in Sicily. Cheap airfares became more expensive when they refused to sell the cheapest advertised ones, but we are just enjoying our months in Europe. I won’t not try Sicilian wine. I will pack my bathers too.

Great for my second B2B fast, I am not even thinking about food though I ate a few of our grape crop.
    Have a great weekend.

Evening all,
    Very busy time(so much decorating at my sons house, well more like demolition) tiles off, ceilings down, wall paper stripped, ceilings downs, fireplaces removed, kitchen out and bathroom gone) now all the professional move in to remove a wall, replace windows and retire the entire place. Thank Goodness I can go off to my dust free bowls holiday.
    Fasting hasn’t gone well, feeling cold and irritable. Weather has been either hot and mild or wet and windy. Planning what to wear is difficult.
    All we can do is keep trying
    Fast, fast, fast!

Morning/evening all,

13th October and I’ve just walked to the newsagent without a jacket. It is warm, bright and breezy.
    Crazy weather 😆

DIY is at the top of the agenda and I’m looking forward to finishing the prep and starting the painting.

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Morning All,
    Lovely day here too, but my vertigo is back with a vengeance. I have a bowls Match this afternoon so I hope the tablets work. I couldn’t read last night because the words were racing across the page. Gave up after 15 mins of shutting my eyes and then trying to focus, sleep was the only answer. So frustrating. Looking up is definitely worse than looking down but if I lean more than 90 degrees I get very dizzy. Driving definitely off the Agenda.
    My daughter did her first Slingshot in Queenstown yesterday, cold but clear weather so views were amazing. Apparently the sling enable you to experience 3 G. Personally I can’t imagine anything worse. She loved it. Next week she starts her flying lessons, she is determined to get her licence. I don’t think I will be volunteering to go up with her in a light aircraft.
    I have just decided to visit Sri Lanka next year before my babysitting begins. I will probably go alone as hubby not keen. Anyone been there?
    Fasting until teatime today as I ate far too much last night at bowls club dinner. I ate half the amount of my friends yet I was totally full, guess my capacity is diminishing. Good news me thinks! Just wish I had the control to cut 50% off what I did have which would have been better still.
    Have a great weekend everyone. I have lots of cleaning to do before my dog sitter arrives for the week.
    Hope your cold/cough has gone Amazon. Apparently pineapple juice is very efficient to stop coughing, better than medicine if you can take the sweetness of it.

Hi Jo,

I’m fine now thanks and as far as I’m concerned the only reason to drink pineapple juice is as an ingredient in a Singapore Sling…….. 😉

I’m just taking a coffee break as I’ve spent the last 90 minutes up a ladder covered in dust!

I don’t mind DIY but everything takes such a long time if done properly.

Back to work 😬

Jo, seriously, the Epley maneuver is the ONLY way you will overcome the vertigo. Looking up and rolling over when lying down are the classic indicators of BPPV. Can’t you Google the technique, and get your husband to help you?
    Good on you, Amazon. You’ll be thrilled with the fresh new home when you finish.
    We have had a month’s worth of rain in a week. Talk about a land of ‘droughts and flooding rain’ (Dorothea MacKellar, My Country)!! Water is flowing everywhere!!
    Trying to have a VERY social week, without overdoinging it. 5:2 is excellent training 😉 P

Morning/evening all,

It’s wet and warm this morning and so dark I need the lights on.

There has been some very severe weather in the past few days with floods in Wales, where someone died, storms in the SW (again) and terrible weather elsewhere in the world but apparently climate change is a myth…… Egg firmly on the face of the Governor of Florida.

Hard to believe anyone could still imagine humam caused climate change isn’t happening/ has already happened. What a world we are leaving for the future generations. 🤨

Absolutely! We are heading for societal collapse on a grand scale 🙁 There are too many deniers, vested interest, political inertia, for there to be sufficient change in time to save us – or our grandchildren.

FD today, just finished our Monday soup and shared banana. We keep this routine throughout the year, very nourishing with my bone stock.

It sounds as though your daughter is thoroughly enjoying life, Jo. Is she still in the same line of work? Don’t overdo the DIY, ladies, we don’t want to hear of damaged backs or other bits.

Morning/evening all,

Barata,

Fortunately I’m not doing anything more strenuous than climbing the ladder although I have managed to skin my knuckles but I think I’ll live 😀

It’s a dull and damp day here. We had a fair amount of heavy rain yesterday and during the night and judging by the look of the sky there will be more very soon.
    I’m awaiting two deliveries today so won’t be venturing far and will be passing the time with paintbrush in hand.

I didn’t fast yesterday so it’s B2B today and tomorrow.

We HAD to fast today, after a very social weekend. The weather has been cold, with intermittent showers here all day. Absolutely ridiculous for mid October! Where is our warm spring weather? P

We froze at the weekend – two days when we didn’t get into double figures 🙁 It’s going to be nice this week, though, just as the youngsters go back to school.

Similar here…poor kids had rain for the whole 2 weeks. 😐

As animals (that’s us) store excess energy intake as fat, with the aid of insulin, our goal should be to keep our bloodsugars on a low, even keel and avoid insulin spikes.
    The motto should be:
    “Keep it flat, don’t store fat”.
    Tell yourself this every time you are tempted to eat some high GI foods. 😉😉

Morning/evening all,

A dry and mild morning here with sunshine and 22C forecast. Crazy 😵

My FD went very well yesterday. I was busy painting and before I knew it I’d been working for 5 hours and not even stopped for a coffee.

I made a lentil bake for dinner and there is enough for 3 more meals. It’s so filling and very versatile, this time I used North African spices in the base and topped it with sweet potato, pumpkin and celeriac.

Another FD today and more painting.

I’ve finally found something to keep me out of mischief 😉

Hve a good one everybody 😜

Good work Amazon. It’s amazing h oiw good a distraction from food a job is!
    We are busy polishing off the frozen leftovers of my birthday meal last week (home cooked, healthy, delicious, but a lot!!!)
    I wonder how Jo got on with the Epley maneuver?

The rain in SW France looks dreadful. I hope you are ok Wi? P

With the crazy South Australian weather we have 44.6 mils of rain this month already and it has rained every day this week yet it will be 29 deg tomorrow and Monday. I hope the rain can get to those poor farmers in drought stricken QLD and NSW so glad the Royals made it rain in Dubbo yesterday 😉 what an awesome couple they are amazing humans those images beamed all around the world of the 5yo boy hugging the royals and playing with Harrys beard just so natural and inspiring stuff simply beautiful
    Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQH7B5QH94
    And stopping unplanned on the way out of the farm at the gate a life changing experience for those people..
    RT

RT,

I’m glad you’re enjoying ‘our’ young royals! They’re real people, yeay. And far more watchable than poor old Charles and Camilla… I’m hoping the mini UGG boots will be on show back in the UK when the baby arrives, very cute!

Amazon,

Your lentil bake sounds delicious. I’ve got a week off soon. I must get the recipe books out (esp now the long winter nights are with us…!) and plan winter menus. You’ve inspired me…again!

Hi everyone,

Happy,

The lentil bake is based on AJ’s Puy lentil and sweet potato pie in her first book ( I have a feeling I might have told you this before…..)

I use 200g dried lentils and one can of tomatoes then vary the rest depending on what I’ve got, then add herbs, spices etc of my choice. I can usually make a dish which yields 4 generous portions for a total of 1400 calories so it works well for FDs as it is very filling and freezes well. It’s real comfort food 🙂

I’ve managed 6 FDs since last Monday and am feeling rather pleased with myself and if I can stay busy I think I can keep ADF up for the next couple of months. I’m certainly feeling very motivated and I think the too tight jeans was the final straw.

My best friend is off to New Zealand for a month in a few days time so we’re going to our favourite North African restaurant for dinner tomorrow for a delicious tagine.
    I’m planning on fasting until dinner tomorrow and having one course only with some 🍷 as I’m trying to avoid anything that might trigger carb cravings.

The DIY is going well. The ceiling and walls are done and I’ve started on the woodwork which is not my favourite task. I painted 2 doors this morning before losing the will and unpacking my new stencil. It is a 2m high windswept tree complete with swirling fallen leaves and perching and flying birds.
    It took me about 4 hours to complete and I’m very pleased with it 😀

I guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and get on with the doors tomorrow…..

I’ve also been busy making mincemeat, C*****mas pud and macerating dried fruits in alcohol for the first cake.

I’m going to make chilli jam with the chillies I’ve grown on the windowsill but I forgot to buy vinegar this morning so it’ll have to wait until Saturday.
    A spoonful of chilli jam has livened up many a casserole or sauce that had something indeterminable missing.

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Amazon,

Your stencil sounds impressive! Sorry to hear you’ve no more excuses for avoiding the woodwork though.

I have made an AJ lentil bake/ pie previously, but I’m not yet in full winter/ comfort food mode yet so had forgotten about it. I saw some of ‘Eat Well for Less’ last night and have been shamed into inventorying the larder (and freezer), where I know (before looking!) there are plenty of dried pulses and beans in need of using. So I have the intention of getting my act together to eat up the various half packets and odds and ends.

I think I’m fasting again today, that will be twice this week, unusual for me, but I had a greedy day yesterday…. ☹️

Amazon congratulations on your stellar fasting I am intrigued by the 6 FDs since last Monday ADF is this protocol just the one evening meal of 500cal for the ladies and zero calories until that meal or consumed within a time restricted eating window?
    Either way bloody impressive we here in Australia won’t be needing the jeans its shorts and T-shirt’s just about 😉
    RT

Not where I am, RT. Thunderstorms, flooding rains and a good time to use up the last of those half packets Happy is talking about.😉😉P

Morning/evening all,

A sunny but distinctly chilly morning and it was quite cold last night while waiting for my bus home. Winter is on the way….

I had a good day yesterday, lots of painting, some shopping followed by a coffee and a slice of coffee and walnut cake which called to me from the cabinet as I was ordering my coffee 😋

I then visited my niece and great nephew and spent a lovely couple of hours with them before coming home via the paint shop and I had enough time to sit down with a cuppa before getting changed and heading out for dinner.

We had a lovely evening and as always the tagines were delicious and filling. We always share a portion of cous cous and a portion of bread, purely for the purpose of soaking up the delicious sauce 😉 It was washed down with some very good Moroccan red 🍷 and as usual we were far too full for anything else.

I weigh 6lbs less than two weeks ago so have probably lost 4lbs of excess which is very pleasing as I really want to get back to losing 2lbs per week As my friend is going to be away until the last week of November there’ll not be any pub dinners so that will help me to keep to the plan.

A weekend of painting ahead and then a few days of rest before I start again on Thursday. I’m visiting a friend on Wednesday and she is going to lend me a steam cleaner which will be used in the bathroom and kitchen before they get their winter coat of paint.

Amazon,

6lbs lighter in two weeks is a fantastic result, and testament to what can be achieved if one sets one’s mind to something and commits!

The ravine sounds lovely, and it would have been criminal not to soak up the juices!

‘Homemade’ (not mass produced supermarket) coffee cake is pretty much the only cake that ever calls to me 😀

It’s a mostly damp and dull weekend here, and forecast to get colder next week. I should be tidying up in the garden before winter but feeling uninspired. Except for some chilli plants still growing, the glasshouses are empty though – I picked the last tomatoes this week, not all ripe yet but the plants were dying. I still have a courgette in the polytunnel, with carrots, chard, leeks, celery, celeriac and kale, but it’s definitely looking more like winter than summer even in there ☹️

Hi everyone,

Happy,

The “ravine” was definitely lovely 😆

Lucky you having all those veggies growing in your garden.

It is a lovely sunny and mild day here but it is much cooler in the early mornings and evenings and I’ve been quite cold on a couple of occasions in the last few days.
    My little garden is a mess and needs tidying up, something I plan to do later in the week when I’ve finally driven myself mad being inside with a paintbrush in my hand!
    The hall is almost finished but I’m not in the mood today so gave up after painting the cupboard doors and the loft hatch.

I am very pleased with the fact that the weight is finally moving in the right direction and I’m very keen for it to continue.

I overdid things yesterday with wine induced indiscriminate eating so am not eating until dinner today. I’ve swapped today’s FD for tomorrow as I’m busy in the kitchen today and need to be able to taste things.

The painting bug must be catching – yesterday found me up a ladder touching up the front entrance before the tiler comes next week. Unfortunately it makes the door surround look tired, so there might be another (much more fiddly) job in my near future. As far as the tiler is concerned, he’s booked us in for next Monday, but we still have to get a written quote from him. Until we get that we can’t order the tiles! I keep chasing him, and he keeps promising…

It’s a long weekend here, and as well as the painting there has been plenty of gardening, housework and spring/window cleaning, walking and reading. I have just finished another terrific book, The Shape of Water. I won’t need to see the film (which preceded the book – written by the director) as all the imagery is in my head and I don’t want someone else’s vision to supersede it.

Glorious spring weather, thermometer nudging 20, no rain in the forecast so I have had the hose out for the first time this season.

Cheers, all.

Morning/evening all,

Another blue sky morning but it’s only going to be 14C today with a minimum of 4C tonight 😱 so I spent a few minutes yesterday evening setting up the central heating schedule for my new boiler and getting my head round the phone app which allows me to turn the heating on or off remotely.

FD today and the last round of painting in the hall will keep my mind from food fantasies 😉

Happy I like the sound of your poly tunnel extravaganza and I recall Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall having a nudie lay down in the sauna like atmosphere 😆 very inspiring hump day fast day for me
    Keep on Keeping on.
    RT

How often do you fast these days RT?
    We still stick to Mon/Thurs as it is such a habit now, after all these years. 😉
    Have a happy hump day 😊P

Morning/evening all,

Another beautiful morning and I’m catching up with a friend who is a teaching assistant and is having a much needed half term rest this week.
    Cake for lunch!

I baked my first Ch*****as cake yesterday and no 2 will be baked this afternoon.

RT,

I remember HF-W taking a polytunnel sauna 😆

I hope all is well with you.

Well I missed HFW in his polytunnel ☹️ They certainly do get very warm when the sun shines. I’d suggest though if he was having a sauna in his that the ventilation wasn’t adequate! Was he growing vegetables or was it in fact just a sauna?!

Hi Happy,

It was a very early episode of River Cottage when he first got the polytunnel and he wasn’t actually naked as he was wearing his wellies 🤣

The jeans of shame now feel comfortable 🙂

No-one say the word muffin-top………

Ah, that would have been in the days before he had his hair cut 😊

Great news on the jeans Amazon! No muffin for lunch then…😀

Amazon thank you I still have all my super powers just as long as y-fee allows me to use them 😆

I do tend to mix it up these days purple so if it is not a fast day then it’s certainly a time restricted eating window 18/6 to 19/5 with 2 meals no snacks but I don’t find that an effective control measure personally even with LCHF food choices. So what continues to keep me where I want to be is 3 fast days a week usually MWF but not always and with one 500/600cal evening meal with Y-fee not a zero calorie fast day.
    RT

Viewing 50 posts - 4,501 through 4,550 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.